Penny Drossus, Johnny the Greek, and Anthony Arater – trouble for Melissa Gorga by NMD

When Melissa Gorga released the first chapter of her – ahem – book – “My Fake Happy Life as as the Wife to Teresa Giudice’s little Brother,” she documented her trials and tribulations though high school.

She also  failed to mention a few things – such as her parent’s divorce, and her ex-boyfriend Anthony Arater.

Anthony showed up on twitter on July 31st, and was introduced to the housewives world by no other than Johnny the Greek. “Ladies & Gents, may I present my good friend Anthony & a Blast From The Past for another. You MUST Follow >> @AArater

Anthony then started tweeting Melissa and her sisters, asking if they’d deny knowing him.  Immediately he was on the offensive, taking the Bryan Bulldog approach of threatening to leak information to the press.  He claimed to be a high school boyfriend of Melissa’s (from Tom’s River – not Florida) , and also tweeted something about working in a club called Karma when he was 32 and 33,

He seems to know Joey – because he also tweeted to ask Joey about the Peruvian waitress (at Karma)

Anthony says he used to  hang out with Melissa after school (9th grade??) and clarified that her parents were still married then, but her dad slept on the couch because they were separated.  (He pointed this out because Melissa omitted the fact that her mom left her dad to move to Florida – her dad wasn’t just about to join them when he passed away.)

Anthony sent many tweets to Melissa in early August talking about letters and valentine’s day cards, and asking why she omitted him from the first chapter of his book when they were together.  He kept talking about how he was going to release all of his evidence – but not on twitter.

After Melissa’s book (first chapter) was released, he claimed to get messages from Joey – threats – with Joey claiming he was “connected.”  This was all starting to be a bit deja vu with Bulldog – and quite frankly I wondered if it was all just a made up account.

Around August 4th he claimed to get a call from Melissa (from a blocked number) asking if it was actually him tweeting.  He confirmed on twitter that it was, and threatened again to go to a national magazine with his story.  He and his wife (who also tweets from the account) claimed that they recorded the call from Melissa with some sort of iphone app.  (That might be illegal – they should be careful about that.)  After that his wife (using his account) tweeted that Melissa kept calling them time and time again, and they were getting mad.

By August 8th they claimed that some sort of story was about to be released. Fast forward to today – around a month later.  The duo is up in New Jersey visiting Johnny and Penny.  Penny tweeted a photo of them together.  And someone tweeted that the “story” was held up by Melissa’s lawyers, but is about to come out.

Now about this Anthony – when you google the name Anthony Arater – a mug shot and rap sheet pops up.  Anthony (on twitter) claimed he is not a convict – he’s only been arrested once for not paying a parking ticket.  A few weeks later he was claiming he hung out with the wrong crowd and it was 20 years ago – so that establishes him as a liar at least.

Then his twitter timeline got sick as he was attacked by people and turned ugly, making me not willing to read any more of his garbage.

Here’s what I learned from google.

Mugshots.com ID: 5050732

Race: N/A S

ex: Male

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Brown

Height: 5′ 8″ (1.73 m)

Weight: 180 lb (82 kg)

Birth Date: 6/12/1979

SBI Number: 000982254B

Admission Date: 2/27/1998

Current Facility: Paroled from NSP

Current Max Release Date: N/A

Current Parole Eligibility Date: N/A

CURRENT PRISON SENTENCE:

Offense Offense Date Sentence Date County of Commitment Commitment Order Mandatory Minimum Term Maximum Term
1 count of : 2C:12-1A Simple Assault February 9, 1997 February 5, 1999 Ocean 98-07-00935I None 5 Years
1 count of : 2C:15-1 Robbery /2 February 9, 1997 February 27, 1998 Ocean 97-10-00863I None 10 Years
1 count of : 2C:15-1*1 Robbery /1 February 9, 1997 February 27, 1998 Ocean 97-10-00863I 10 Years 20 Years
1 count of : 2C:18-2*3 Burglary /3 February 9, 1997 February 27, 1998 Ocean 97-10-00863I None 5 Years
INCARCERATION HISTORY:
Date In Custody Date Out of Custody
February 27, 1998 July 16, 2009
ALIASES: N/A
Anthony-Arater_mugshot.110x110

Source: http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/New-Jersey/Ocean-County-NJ/Anthony-Arater.5050732/details/

You can read the actual charges on this link - it looks like he tried to get some of them dismissed after he served his time. He was charged with burglary and assault of an elderly couple when he was 18 years old.  He was born in 1979.  which makes him the same age as Melissa.  If he went to jail for 10 year when he was 19 – he would have been out by the time he was 32, 33, and could have seen Melissa again when he worked at Karma.

What does this all have to do with Penny and Johnny?

It appears as though Anthony and Tara are in New Jersey visiting the couple this weekend.

Here’s a photo of him posted by Penny (on twitter yesterday – on the left with Johnny the Greek).

BTh12FJIMAASY_L

Ugh – just ugh on all these New Jersey hangers on.  I can’t wait to see what’s in the article. NOT.  It’s time for a complete cast change!

______________________
About these ads

NMD is the short cut for NoMoreDrama. In real life I'm a housewife who is heading off to an adventure of a lifetime - 7 months in Europe exploring cities, volcanoes, and glaciers. I also administer a blog for Reality TV called Lynn's Place. Lynn's Place is named after Lynn Hudson, a blogger who passed away at the age of 49, who made a tremendous impact on the world of Reality TV blogging. You can reach me through this email: nomoredrama8@gmail.com.
This entry was posted in Real Housewives of New Jersey and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to Penny Drossus, Johnny the Greek, and Anthony Arater – trouble brewing for Melissa Gorga

Hey everyone. NMD you’ve got new NJ news. Here we go. :-)

NMD you made a HILARIOUS book title!!! :lol:

3. MelTheHound says:

Karma, as a point of interest, is the club on the boardwalk (I think) that the Jersey Shore people (Snooki, Jwow, etc) hung out at while on their MTV show. On the show, they tell us, that’s where to go for the ‘hookups’.

Another criminal pokes his head out of the toilet for 15 seconds on what has become among the shittiest of Bravo HW franchises. Big surprise there.

Thanks for the bonus info, NMD :D

4. disgrazia4 says:

Does anyone have a link for that first chapter read of Mrs Folletto, the real stalker hw and disgrazia of New Jersey, or “My Fake Happy Life as as the Wife to Teresa Giudice’s little Brother”? :D ROFL!! Good one NMD!!

5. VV says:

Very interesting stuff. Meho supporter of course are going to say these people are looking for their 15 minutes. I think that’s true but I also think that Meho left a long trail of lies, deceits and enemies along the way at every path she took.
    Supposedly, this guy had explosive information. Bulldog guy said the same. They are enjoying the attention now. Put up or shut up. Is she a proven liar. Yes, we had called her outs my times on her lies on cameras. NJ took a turn for the worst when the Whorgas came on the show. Andy is to blame he hired them.

• Sasha says:

I don’t think you have to be a Melissa supporter to see that they want their 15 minutes of fame. This last guy is pulling a punk move by coming out of the woodwork because he was not mentioned in a crappy book. Who Cares about what she is lying about and who and what got left out of the book. Consider it trash and don’t buy it.

I don’t think the Gorgas should take all the blame for what is considered a turn in the show. Can’t they all share the blame.

Some of my friends that have never watched the show consider it garbage. They can’t believe that I tune in. Their perceptions of the show comes from what they read or hear in the news. Things like bankruptcies, lawsuits, affairs and now indictments.

• I don’t know if they made it worse than when Danielle was on. She brought pretty dangerous people onto the show – remember the scene with the guys packing waiting outside when she met with Caroline. It still makes my hair stand on end thinking about her.

• VV says:

I started watching RHONJ on S3. The bad mouthing of Tre caught my attention and I wanted to see who this horrible person was. Turns out that I didn’t see that. What I did see was very jealous cast mates and SIL and brother. I eventually watched S1 & S2. My impression of Danielle even now is that she was playing for the camera as if she was playing a character. I don’t recall that particular scene in detail but I always remind myself that this people are micked and the have a camera guy and a boom mike in front of them every single time we see the Bravo edit reality.

• MelTheHound says:

I joined about mid season 2 when Dina left the show. With each passing episode, Danielle had added to her rag tag bunch of thugs with her pal, Danny. At one point, I think it may have been the ‘is bitch better’ fashion show at the Brownstone, she showed up with her crew in tow, including a member of the Hell’s Angels as her security team. She expected the Manzos to turn a seat for one (her) into a table for 8 and drama ensued. Danielle certainly was a character. Was she playing for the cameras? Who knows? …

• VV says:

*Disclaimer:
      Any Melissa supporter except Chianina, Sasha and anybody on this blog.

Agree a million times over MND. New Jersey needs to be recast and when it happens, please have none of them related. These people do a good enough job on their ruining their families that they don’t need to do it on TV. I’m sure there are law-abiding people in NJ who live an interesting lifestyle and who pay their bills that would keep our attention week after week. These kind of people exist in NJ, right?

Husker I think unless they have a REALLY good juicy not related cast then yes- recast. Otherwise — nip it in the bud (or butt- didnt Teresa say that once ?)

• Just Wondering In Jersey says:

Well I’m law abiding and pay my bills but I don’t live an interesting lifestyle but I do live in NJ :)

7. T-Rex says:

I have no “dog” in this fight on The SnookiandheJerseyshoreFolksallgrownup! I find them all repulsive, there isn’t anyone on this show without a criminal indictment or legal issue. They are all reprehensible in my opinion. I think Jersey has run it’s course with this cast, it’s broken families, made crooks famous, and brought out a lot of scum and bottom feeders looking for their 15 minutes of infamy! Of course it has also brought out a ton of ratings, so Bravo in their supreme scumminess, has decided that they will continue to air this crapLoadedDiaper of a franchise. UGH, haven’t watched since season one and never will.

Thank you NMD for the extra blog today. You are the best. I am with T-Rex and most of you here in saying WHO ON THIS RIDICULOUS SHOW OR THE PARASITES THAT SURROUND THIS GROUP DOES NOT HAVE A RAP SHEET?
    I am beginning to think New Jersey is actually on Mars. These people live and breathe this whole mobster Jersey sh#t.
    I know I have said this before but any of these yahoo’s ever acted up here in AZ they would be buried in the desert.

I haven’t commented for so long since I joined the Facebook group! Still read everyday. AZ I promise NJ isn’t on Mars! South Jersey is different then North Jersey in many ways-but we do have the guido, mobster wanna be types. Most of them move here from South Philly-they have their own little enclave about 20 minutes south of me. South Philly is where Rocky Balboa lived. Yo Adrian! LOL. North Jersey has a lot of NY transplants.
      It’s Bravo-they always pick idiots. Remember the Meet the Marinos show? It was 1 ep. They filmed that around here, lots of my friends knew some if the people. I knew one as an acquaintance from years ago. He was normal-the rest OMG. I was so annoyed that they found the worst of south jersey!

9. Amalfi says:

Wow Melissa Gorga’s boyfriends are all so… classy. And bald.

10. Pinky says:

Well, I don’t really follow the Anthony guy, but I can say that Bulldog is a really good Man. He was trying to stay out of the mess, but the Marco sisters kept provoking him. I watched it on twitter – very nasty those Marcis, and very mean. He had brain surgery in the last couple of months and really could care less. I think he just gets tired of the lies and poking from the Marco people. It appears most of Toms River hates Melissa as she has just told lie after lie and really shunned people who had been good to her. They are just sick of her crap.
    I’m not from New J but I have met some very good, solid people from there and they are nothing like these reality sleezeballs…..it is sad as they all have given this cool state such an ugly reputation. I really dislike the Gorgas from what so many seem to all say in real life. She is a loser on the show, imo, and has zero talent. She doesn’t appear to be a very good mother but-again-I base my opinion on her teeets and real life behavior. I have read Nothing good about her from any reputable site or tweet thread, not one. How sad for her kids as they are simply adorable.

Meh, I don’t really know if I would call Brian a good man. He does enough of his own baiting and re tweeting to make me think otherwise. If an ex boyfriend who was ‘exposed’ really wasn’t interested in rehashing all this crap..they would simply say…”I have nothing to say”. But instead he keeps promising to spill it…not to mention to be brought into the fold by the scum sucker Johnny the Greek,

The kind of person Melissa has turned out to be doesn’t shock me. I saw through her from day 1. I get why people don’t like Teresa, it is what it is….but I don’t think the gorgas are any better. They just didn’t get caught. Yet. It would be interesting to know what Lynn would think now. Of course, she would disdain the criminal stuff. But, I never agreed with her thoughts on Melissa and Kathy as far as them being totally justified in taking what they could get from the show. I understood her point completely, but I always felt it was slimy. That it was just so underhanded to put a family in the position the gorgas did. They hurt the parents, the kids-not that they didn’t hurt already, but now the world knows about it. It never sat right with me.
    Even with all the legal problems Teresa and joe have-Melissa never really caught on. That had to tick her off!

12. VV says:

In car anybody cares. Julie recently changed her twitcon to a more professional looking pic. I wonder if she got a new job. Hmmm.

@Bethenny: Having the BEST girls day ever in my old hood: lunch, playground, visited my old doorman & salon @julieplake @theglammy

Original Message:

13. chismosa says:

I am just so upset. I mean to quote Luis Jesus effin Christ – these mongrels on nj have to include not only awful GREEKS but then they inserted a Peruvian into this grotesque mess!!! Leave my two ethnicities out of this !!!!

Please god Andy let this show end for the love of GODddddddd

Ps last night I was hanging with the brother and his partner of one of my friend’s who just got engaged. Haven’t seen him and his husband in forever and they told me that the behind the scenes on Bethenny’s show is B-A-D. Turnover more than at any other morning tv show of late. He was friends with someone who works at production or whatever and big surprise, she’s a mess.

Also the sister — (my friend) – she’s a teacher here in ny and she teaches with someone whose son was one of the only cameramen allowed in to see Bryn when they taped
    the Barf spinoffs. Cahhhhh- razy.
    How odd they are brother and sister and both know someone working with Barf! 💩

On GMA Friday her show was barely mentioned and Lara spencer was cutting away without mentioning the show it was so funny.

Thanks for all the blogs today I was so confused !

• Mene Seela says:

Wow Chimosa you are connected!

I’m shocked that Bethenny is a headcase. Really. Shocked.
      Judging from her behavior on her old show Bethenny is a sweet angel!

• California35 says:

Thanks for sharing :-) wow! So she is a mess :( i hope her show os good, even i the back scenes are not.

What is funny is that the two that know the production/ camera people are brother and sister !
        I would know this sooner but I’m sort of on the outs with the friend that just got engaged ….not fully OUT OUT just very meh…..

She doesn’t watch reality shows so she doesn’t care !

Good morning everyone. I hope you’ve had a great weekend. Enjoy your Sunday.

18. lulu says:

Good morning everyone!!!!!!! Today is the “governor’s” 3rd birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of things planned including riding the rails translation long day for mom and dad ;) .Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!!