Andy Cohen is Out as Executive Producer at Bravo – Will Focus on WWHL and his Production Company by NMD

andy-cohen-hurricane-wwhl

Bravo has been in shake ups for weeks, and we finally have an answer as to why executive Andy Cohen changed his twitter handle from Bravo Andy to just Andy.  He’s out as the Executive Producer for Talent and Development.  In exchange he’s inked a deal to keep his talk show on the air for two more years in its 5 night a week format.  He’s also heading up his own production company that will focus on developing prime time shows.   He’ll also remain an executive producer on the housewives brand.

This change was inevitable.  As BravoRatings.com pointed out weeks ago, he was burning the candle on both ends, and not giving enough time to his executive producer job.  Now he can balance his life a little.

Does this open the door for Jill Zarin’s return to Bravo with her number one nemesis out?  Time will tell.  I suspect phones calls are being placed right this minute.

Read the story here.

___________________________________

About these ads

NMD is the short cut for NoMoreDrama. In real life I'm a housewife who is heading off to an adventure of a lifetime - 7 months in Europe exploring cities, volcanoes, and glaciers. I also administer a blog for Reality TV called Lynn's Place. Lynn's Place is named after Lynn Hudson, a blogger who passed away at the age of 49, who made a tremendous impact on the world of Reality TV blogging. You can reach me through this email: nomoredrama8@gmail.com.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

382 Responses to Andy Cohen is Out as Executive Producer at Bravo – Will Focus on WWHL and his Production Company

Good morning everyone. Itsssss hump day Mike. And its colddddd. Stay warm everyone & have a great day.

2. chismosa™ says:

NMD – amazing. I was hoping for a dramatic demotion but this will have to do.

Did you read what I saw about Jill filming with Oprah?!??? I’m in shock!

Have a good day everyone

It doesn’t sound like a demotion at all. It sorta sounds like he got a great deal.

Yeah I was hoping for a demotion and this isn’t it. 😏😏 wah wahhhhhhh

He devoted his entire Mazel last night to stupid Lauren Manzoid

• It’s a change – they made him choose one over the other as far as I can tell. There are many many executive producers for the various shows. His real power was his position at Bravo.

You can tell he doesn’t want to be behind the camera in his office, dealing with the talent and the contracts.

His dream was probably like a lot of gay mens’ childhood dreams: have your own talk show. Somehow his wonky eye has seduced America??
            He’s not thaaaaaaat charismatic IMO or such a great interviewer.

All very interesting and good for you NMD for getting us the 411 so fast !

The other night his wonky little eye matched someone’s wonkly boobies.

• Beckygrey says:

Wow, I don’t want to sound judgmental but the statement about “gay men’s childhood dream” seems judgmental at the least and …..I’ll leave it there. Nothing light and airy about this comment. I can take or leave Andy as I don’t find that he is the devil reincarnated nor do I think he’s the next best thing since slice bread. What does his sexual orientation have to do with anything?

• You said what I wanted to say but had decided to leave it be alltogether…

• I agree! As a gay man, it wasn’t my gay dream! I think most young gay men just dream of acceptance.

Sorry Becky – I like to generalize. It’s just something I do—

Not all gay men are into reality shows, bravo, are flamboyant, etc but I think I was a bit overinvolved with will & grace lately with jack having his own talk show- to be honest.

If Nielsen (which I don’t trust as I worked there)- analyzed bravo viewers I don’t know if straight men would figure into much (>>70% or so) of its programming nor would I think straight men enjoyed Andy’s talk show. His attitude towards and treatment of women on HWs shows is awful and seems he’s angry about —- something —- not sure what. Most gay men I have met love these cheesy talk show formats.
                Apologies if you were offended

• Well there is a generalization that fits here. I don’t enjoy Andy’s talk show and his tendency to make women look like fools on his network (with their help of course).. I don’t particularly like Andy either so, there’s that…

Andy’s still EP of HWs so JZ doesn’t stand a chance in my book but I wouldn’t put it pass her to say to Bobby “see. If Andy wouldn’t have fired me he’d still be the EP of Bravo”. Who’d like to place a bet? :-)

4. floridagirl88 says:

Why is it Jill keeps hanging around the back door hopping someone will invite her back in? If she were smart (stop laughing) she would get on with her life, use her talents for good, maintain her dignity or what’s left of it. Doesn’t she understand NO ONE wants to experience her ever again?

That doesn’t seem like much of a change for Andy IMO. What am I missing?

Y’all don’t miss there was another great blog posted overnight! Back from tbis one. Have a gread day everyone! :-D

Morning! I was reading NJBev from previous blog, and I believe Joanna, her mother and sister, immigrated to this country when she was 5. I won’t swear, actually I just looked it up on Wikipedia. They first lived in IL. So what’s up with the immigrant story? Ok she is second generation immigrant right? I might not be PC on immigrant jargon but isn’t it a stretch for her to be claiming immigrant status? Or maybe because she was born in Poland, even though she grew up in the US it counts? I don’t know, sorry, not judging, just ignorant on the subject. But she is still a self centered foul mouthed mean girl.

• Rebecca says:

She’s first generation, and its not easy acclimating to a new language and culture. She is in the right with that one.

But she is still a total off-the-rails wackadoodle.

Hi Deb, I call myself 1st generation as I was the first generation in the bloodlines to be born in this country. My parents emigrated. That’s how I always label myself. I never understood people who do it differently but to each their own….?

Just like to me a PROM is THE prom not just PROM. I pull out my eyelashes when I hear prom without a “the” in front. Haha!

• She’s an immigrant. She wasn’t born in the US. It doesn’t matter whether or not she was an adult when she immigrated.

Thanks, got it now. I just somehow thought she grew up in Poland the way she refers to herself. And was surprised to hear she has been here since she was 5.

SHE IS an immigrant. sorry about the caps, I’ll stop yelling now. Her kids will be first generation American (like many of us here!!!).

• Ask Joe Guidice… He’s an expert on it by now or will soon be. Is Joanna a naturalized citizen? Like our RabbleRouser will soon be and our Cusi77 is?

8. lulu says:

Good morning!!!! Happy hump day Mike!!! I’m sad that Christmas is being rammed down our throats! I’m struggling to keep it special as in after thanksgiving special. Retailers already have christmas decorations and music!!

I don’t know why I’m thinking of this…. But remember Brandi’s first season? The nasty Leann’s twitter fan attacks. Then it was poor me I’m being picked on. Now what is she doing??? No excuse can’t fix ugly.

Sorry Lulu. I think you & Mr. Lulu had your little guys 30yrs too late to enjoy the real magic of Christmas. :)

• Lulu says:

Powell remember when nothing Christmas related was in stores or anywhere till the day after Thanksgiving??? I know we won’t ever see that again. To me it sucks the life out of Christmas to push it over Thanksgiving. I guess I’m old fashioned!

9. lulu says:

Thank you NMD I suspected something was wrong when Andy dropped the bravo. Very interesting!! Thank you HH!!

10. chismosa™ says:

For the BH fans – Taylor Armstrong is on couples therapy ?
    Not sure if everyone here knew it or not.

Sorry in advance if you did !!

Congratulations NMD!!!
    This is big news. I think you’re the first to post about it.

Yes, awesome possum!!! You are the bomb.edu

• Stars99 says:

Love “awesome posssum”… May I use it? My darling husband gave me a stuff animal of a possum as a joke because I’m not a fan of them… yep… it’s sitting on a chair within my field of vision even as I type this…Sigh…

Well all right. But only because I didn’t take the time to trademark it. hahahahha!! I like that saying, too. But the actual creatures make my skin crawl. Once when we were walking around in the woods (me and my kids) at night with a flashlight…we came upon one and I literally yelled, “Oh my precious God, WHAT ARE YOU? YOU HIDEOUS CREATURE??” mY Kids died laughing. My son still says it to tease me sometimes but he embellishes it “Oh my precioius God in heaven, what manner of creature art thou?” hilarious.

Especially if I say that I’m not dramatic. He’ll remind me of the poor old possum who had the misfortune of running into us.

• Plymouth Lighthouse says:

Last night went out to get the pooch in and screamed when I saw a “dead” possum right at my feet. Got Riley away from it to find he rolled in possum poop! I couldn’t hose him down as is was far too cold. Had to Cut the Sh*t, literally off his fur. Asked my landlord to remove possum in morning, only the possum was not there. So either he played dead or another animal got him. Not pleasant to contemplate either way! So I guess the moral of the story for me was NOT awesome possum! :)

I think this is a good move on Bravo’s part. Andy was spread too thin and it showed in the programming. Too many spin offs and new shows rammed down our throats. Many of the shows really suck.
    I have to give Simon some credit for seeing a need for a change. Personally, I don’t see how WWHL is going to get any better. The format is stupid. Andy’s poor parents having to listen to foul mouth Brandi is too much.

P.S. Pepper went on another walk today and did very well. Someone told me that dogs who have Valley Fever and are treated tend to show less aggressive behavior. Maybe that is why Pepper was so aggressive towards other dogs? She is really showing less aggression on her walks.

13. chismosa™ says:

All I can think of with the new Andy replacement is her being like the woman on Seinfeld who took over for the producer who greenlit Seinfeld’s “Jerry” show- maybe even after filming the MANZO pilot – the Don will get a call and say “so sorry, you’re CANCELLED/ Not picked up”

Fingers crossed ✌️👌👇👈

14. Amalfi says:

Hopefully the new head of programming (or whatever) is not a misogynist

15. Oh… New blog.. I guess I should keep up with the class.. Does this mean we can’t speak of Joanna’s smelly kitty or whether or not Brandimouth is lying about hearing of it?

16. “This change was inevitable. As BravoRatings.com pointed out weeks ago, he was burning the candle on both ends, and not giving enough time to his executive producer job. Now he can balance his life a little.”

It’s OK, you can refer to me as Simon van Kempen at BravoRatings.com now that the cat is officially out of the bag.

This morning after NoMoreDrama tweeted me the article, I wrote this follow up post on why it was inevitable that one of Andy’s two roles had to go, and also why I think he chose to remain as ‘Bravo Talent’ rather than a ‘Bravo Suit’. Oh, and I should warn you that I mentioned Jill Zarin in my article. ;-)

• Considering I recapped that twitter exchange – I should have remembered you were tweeting under Simon and not Bravo ratings. Perhaps he was a wee bit sensitive when you tweeted him – hence the pissy attitude.

• Beckygrey says:

So what is your interaction with Andy now? I think Andy is happy with his position, so he can have a life.

• Oh I agree that this is a good move. Only time will tell whether his choice of being Bravo Talent versus being a Bravo Suit is the right move, but one of his two roles had to go. In the meantime he has a two year contract for WWHL (which will pay him at least $500k) and he can work on new programming via his production company ‘Most Talkative’. If he can develop his own programming and then sell it to Bravo, Oxygen, Esquire TV or wherever, he’ll be much better off in the long run. Any programming ideas he had while he was at Bravo belong to them under ‘work for hire’ rules but as the owner of his new ideas & the content he makes at ‘Most Talkative” he stands to make a lot more money. Just imagine how much Scott Dunlop makes from Real Housewives? He created and put together the OC (see http://www.ocregister.com/articles/people-180668-think-coto.html ) and would have made nothing from ‘Manhattan Moms’ (the show on which Alex & I were originally cast), but once Lauren Zalaznik decided to repackage it as the second “Real Housewives of …”, Scott Dunlap received a ‘conceived by’ credit and of course dollars from Bravo. Per imdb he’s listed as a creator on each of the nine franchises and will get a cut from each of them every season plus foreign sales plus residuals etc. See http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0242472/ If Andy had created another RH while at Bravo – they would have owned it but if he can create it at his own production company, then he’ll have a chance to hit the jackpot.

• Beckygrey says:

@Simon thanks for the feedback. I think Andy is a very savvy man and I wish him greater success. I could take or leave Andy but I am happy for anyone that is doing positive things in their life.

very good info Simon.

17. In light of the news of Lauren and Vito’s engagement…I have changed my user name.

18. Just Wondering In Jersey says:

That’s why Mamma Manzo kept the house so her “baby” could walk down the stairway in her wedding gown. Poor, poor Vito.

19. LaineyLainey says:

I MISS DETOX

Kyle Richards or her PR people or friend or anybody that knows her lurking. Please tell her that her constant tweeting and retweeting about how she is a victim and continuing to bash Lisa IS NOT WORKING! Enough!, you hate Lisa we get it. You think you’re a victim, we get it.
    You’re not doing yourself any favors. You look vindictive, immature, hold grudger. Grow up. Go to your store, get busy. You seem to have a nice family and kids. This constant crap makes me think it’s not all nice a Rosie at the Umansky quaint home.

I know people here speak autocorrect. So, I’m sorry for the typos.

You are funny. With the stuff Brandi has done already (off camera) Kyle doesn’t seem quite so bad to me this season.

I used to like her and defended her during S1. She lost me S2 and she’s not scoring any points with me this season so far.

• I never liked her.. I thought the way she treated her sister in S1 was despicable and showed who she really was.. Nothing has change for me..

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I always liked Kyle-I don’t really see her being any worse than the rest of them. Her and Kim are strange people but sisterly relationships are never cut and dried. It’s the first relationship a lot of girls have so it’s usually complicated strong and strange-being that I have three sisters I kind of get their dynamic. As for the victim thing-they are all victims of each other’s shit-we get so see them all play victim at times-Kyle just adds too much drama to her victim playing. It’s getting to the point where even I have had enough of it!! Move on Kyle move on!!

I kind of like Kyle too. I can totally understand why people get that mean highschool girl vibe from her and her sister (given what we have seen) . I am sure in highschool, I probably would have told her to F off and flicked a cigarette butt at her .

But as of now, I think her having a young daughter, I can sometimes drawl some parallels in our experiences and find her relatable.

• I am not saying she is any worse, I am just saying I never liked her and gave a reason for it.

Jnntj, if you are getting bored this, VileKyle’s team needs to PAY ATTENTION PUH-LEEZE, we are two shows in and folks aren’t liking the victim storyline, build a bridge and get over it! Seriously, if it’s a Dick Sisters and STFU Brandy alliance this season, going to be pretty bad for all of them

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Yes T-Rex…Kyle and the boo hooing is really getting on my nerves! Not on the show-on twitter!! She is doing too much tweeting!!

Cause she is getting blasted all over the blogs, and she thinks if she does the whining on Twatter that she is going to garner sympathy, EPIC.FAIL

Hey Ash you make a very excellent point. I’ve always been jealous of my friends who had sisters growing up and now seeing them interact sometimes I’m in shock at the fights and stuff – but they’re sisters and it’s totally totally a very unique dynamic.
              👍👍👍👍👍

So jelly for sisters !

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

People always comment on my relationship with my sisters-something it’s weird that we are so close and some thinks is fabulous! Our dynamic(the 4 of us) is odd and quirky but it works for us-we fight and argue but we keep each other’s secrets and have each other’s back-we say shit to each other that we would never say to anyone else and we really never let each other off the hook when we screw up-we expect the best from each other. It’s very intertwined and complex and a bit intimidating to outsiders or so I’ve been told. I don’t care how strange or intimidating it is-I could never imagine having friends like the friends I have in my sisters-never…don’t get me started on what my brother in laws think of our closeness (Kevin is truly the only husband in the group that thinks it’s great that I have my sisters so close to me-my brother in laws are not so enthusiastic about it!!)

Kevin may like that you have a solid set of friends for life you can go to ….. So as not to bombard him too much.

LOL!!! Jk

Your parents are lucky. Daughters always take care of their parents very well

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

OMG-chismosa you put LOL j/k but that is exactly why Kevin doesn’t complain about me and my sisters!!! It makes his life easier!! I do all my bitching to them and by the time he gets home I’m over whatever drama has gone on!!
                    My mother died 9 years ago and while she was sick-my 3 brothers did as much for her as we did-maybe more. I think my brothers are that way b/c they have 4 sisters!!

VV you are making me LOL big time today
      😂😂

hi everyone – sorry this is way off topic, but I need help/opinions – I got pulled over this morning on the way to work – got ticketed for speeding, reckless driving and improper lane change! the police officer was really not happy with me – I was trying to get around a car in front of me that had no brake lights – I hate driving behind that, so as soon as there was an opening, I switched to the right lane – I admit that I probably hit the gas a bit hard, but only to get past the no brake guy, but the police officer was right behind me – I honestly think he was mostly mad that I did that with him right behind me – like how could you do something that dumb with me right there – I don’t get tickets – and I have yet to tell my husband as this will cause all sorts of yelling and unpleasantness and this weekend we are going to my brother’s house to celebrate my Mom’s 90th Birthday – I want to wait to tell him after the party as I do not want him to be all cranky but keeping it from him will not go over well either – oh what a mess! – I cried the whole rest of the ride to work and now I look worse than usual – any help, suggestions, and hugs would be greatly appreciated –

both of my parents were born in Ireland – I consider myself first generation American -

• Fight the tickets. As to when to tell hubby, that’s up to you but with the weekend so close it might not be a bad idea to wait. Then again, it may be.. I don’t know him so, your call..

• kendographics says:

Get a lawyer, it will cost you about the same as paying the tickets, but he’ll be able to get it dropped. If you accept and pay, you’ll be paying higher insurance for years to come. And sometimes, you can just ask for a prayer for judgement if you have a clean driving record.

First…((((huggging you really hard)))))) Just get it over with and tell him. Geez Louise, everyone makes mistakes. Tell him at least you didn’t blab on national television that anyone’s privates are smelly. (I hope that made you laugh)

Write him a note, put it in a sealed envelope and tell him to open it after the party. That way he knows you weren’t trying to hide it just trying not to spoil his day. And if you don’t think that will work just tell him.

• Beckygrey says:

As a former LEO, it is always in the officers discretion whether to ticket someone or not. Your blatant disregard for your safety or the safety of others on the road was only second to your disrespect of the officers authority. What you did was not only in front of the officer but in front of every driver that witnessed it. I hate to tell you, you do get tickets, the ones that you just received.
      I don’t know the situation with your husband, but I feel for you if you can’t have a conversation with your husband about the incident. Things happen and we all make mistakes. If your husband is going to yell at you and be unpleasant, you have a bigger issue than the ticket. It sounds like a parent/child relationship instead of a marriage of mutual respect.
      Pay the ticket and keep it moving!

• Beckygrey says:

If that seems hard, I apologize. I have seen some very fatal accident where impatience drivers cause lifetime of damages. By the fact that you cried makes me think you are very sensitive but not seeing the bigger picture. ((((( Hug to you))))))). Slow down and be safe!

• shamrockblonde says:

thanks beckygrey – I saw this after I posted – thank you for caring about me -

(((shamrockblode)))

• Beckygrey says:

@ Shamrockblonde…lol. It was unfair of me to make any comments of your marriage. I also worked with DV division and have heard many women tell the horrors of husband that will yell and degrade them. Even closer to home I personally have swore out complaints against a former abuser (on ex). I cringe when someone feels intimidated by someone that “loves” them.
            Again I apologize because that wasn’t my business to say that to you or anyone. Please forgive me.
            As for hiring an attorney, don’t. When you go to court speak to the prosecutor about the charges. They will ask that you speak to the officer. If he gave you a lecture he was concerned, he will recommend a reduce charge so there won’t be any points assessed against your insurance. You will pay a fine and court cost and be out of there.
            (((((((HUGS))))))) but Slow down.

Dang girl was that really necessary? You went as far as to analyze her marriage?

• Beckygrey says:

@Nancy…NO it wasn’t necessary. I feel very bad for saying it and beg for her forgiveness. Not only hers but everyone that saw my post to her.

No problem Becky. We all have off days. :)

Just like many of us were quick to try to comfort Shamrockblonde and pointing out that nobody’s perfect…i offer you comfort and understanding. You initially commented with your head and forgot to engage your heart, but Becky we’ve all been there. Don’t kick yourself, you did the right thing and apologized to sweet Shamrock. Thanks for doing that. We’ve all been there. Like Nancy said, we all have our off days.

I would as Jeff suggested fight the ticket, especially if you are going to lose points or have to pay for traffic school.

I also know that sometimes when people are being issued a ticket they will ask the officer for the county seat-which means the court house you are suppose to show up to is usually miles and miles away from the area where the issuing officer is usually assigned.

Then there is some finagling that goes on after that but in the end, the ticket is usually dropped without you having to show up to court.

• Beckygrey says:

If you do show up for a ticket a warrant will be issued for your arrest for COC. Contempt of Court.

• Beckygrey says:

That was if you DON”T show up to court for a ticket that has court appearance checked, an arrest warrant will be issued for you COC, (Contempt of Court)

Most lawyers would tell you to fight this in court. If the officer fails to appear your tickets will be dismissed.

• trudie says:

(((shamrock)))

thanks Jeff for the advice – thanks Lainey for the hug and the laugh – I needed that – and thank you too Mrs. Peabody for the suggestion – becky – I have nothing but respect for Police officers – always have – when I said I don’t get tickets, I meant that this was a first for me and while I respect your opinion, I don’t really need a lecture nor do I need my relationship with my husband explained to me – the officer that pulled me over gave me a lecture – as for my husband I can talk to him about anything – I simply did not wish to cause him to have my stupidity on his mind at a time when we were all celebrating – I can do nothing at the moment about the tickets, so for now it will be my own unhappiness with myself that I will deal with and on the way home from my brother’s house, I will tell him – his first concern will be for me and my safety and the fact that I jeopardized that – I will tell him how horrid I felt, how scared I was – my hand was shaking so badly when I handed that officer my license and registration – and he will hold me and tell me I should have been scared – so again I thank you for your input, and if you did not mean it as a lecture, please forgive me – I have no idea what to expect when I have to go to court in January and that is scaring me a bit right now – so if I misread your comments please try and understand -

• Shamrock I am so sorry that you had such a bad morning. I would wait until after the party and let hubby know. Explain to him that you are very sorry it happened. Reading your posts it sound as if you have not had a ticket in quite some time. He should be understanding. No one is perfect. {{{{Hugs}}}}

• Lulu says:

No worries Shamrockblonde!!! It happens to us all!! Earlier in the year I got into an accident that was not 100 percent my fault. (still bitter over this one!) Since I haven’t gotten into an accident in over 10 years. It definitely rattled me I was soo worried about telling DH. But he was concerned that I was ok more so over the accident. I’m sure your DH will understand try to put it out of your mind. It happens to us all from time to time. I would fight it for sure! Most likely the officer will not be at court and it will get thrown out.

((( Shamrockblonde )))

shamrockblone,
      This should make you feel better…Right after I bought my new BMW I stopped by
      Safeway and ran into the produce dept literally. I was used to a stick shift and thought
      my foot was on the brake. Thank god no one was hurt but my husband (who happened
      to be in the car with me) and I still get a big laugh out of it. Sh*t happens. I’m sure
      your husband will only care that you were not hurt. :)

• I would go to court and try and have the tickets dropped. Like everyone posted if the police officer does not show then they are dropped. If anything you have at least tried and maybe get the fine reduced. I would not hire an attorney.

When you appear before the judge just tell him that the driver in front of you did not have break lights and you were afraid that there would be a fender bender. Just be honest. The fact this is your first ticket will help tremendously.

My first dog, Tuzigoot, was a frisbee dog. I was at the local park entertaining a bunch of people and a police officer was watching from his patrol car. We finished and were resting under a tree when he got out and came over to us. Tuzi was lying next to me and the leash was in my hand.but not attached to her collar. I got ticketed for have a dog off the leash.

I went to court representing myself. My husband knew the judge and said I did not have a chance. Well, it was dismissed. Why? I told the judge that the police officer was watching the frisbee toss for about 30 minutes before he got out of his car to ticket me.

Shamrock- so sorry for this I hope you aren’t so wrapped up in the worrying of this.

If I were you, because of how it is in my state – I would do what AZ Girl says. Just go to court. Most tickets here say either pay fine or go to court.
      Just go

Feel better.

• Oh you poor baby!!! I’m so sorry!! Just put it out of your mind until after the party and deal with it next week!! Love you!!!

23. I am really curious as to how Andy’s new production company is going to do. If he is successful in bringing new shows to Bravo he will make boatloads of money. Meanwhile, the gal they hired has a big job ahead of her. They have some really horrid shows on right now and they need to clean up the entire line up IMHO. I can see Patty Stanger show getting the boot.

• Lulu says:

I wonder if Simon is willing to elaborate on “projects” he’s spoken to Andy about? Seems to me Andy is big on rinse and repeat programming. If that i the case then we won’t see a change at all. Only the same boring *yawn!* while other networks such as TLC have interesting new programming. I just watched the “Alaska girls looking for love in Miami.” It was interesting no stupid drama just the girls being girls while finding a boyfriend. Esquire has more interesting new programs then Bravo does and it’s brand new.

Totally agree Patty Strangler needs to go! She’s vicious and vile!

• Lulu, Alex & I met with Lara Spotts, Andy’s replacement, in May 2011 when RHoNY Season 4 was airing with a pitch that would not have been a spin-off per se. At that stage we were under contract for a fifth season of RHoNY but realized our time would come to an end at some stage and wanted to jump before we were pushed or if the show itself died. Andy briefly joined that meeting but as luck would have it another network created a similar show at the same time and our idea didn’t progress with Bravo. The only other time we discussed another pitch with him was a day or two after we were fired from RHoNY (despite the press speculation at the time we weren’t begging for our RHoNY jobs back and we turned out ‘friend status’ on that season when it was offered). Since September 2011 we’ve not pitched anything to him or Bravo.

• and we turned DOWN ‘friend status’….. Sorry for that Typo

• cusi77 says:

I am curious, Simon, Why did you turn down the “friends” status?

My best to Alex! I love her! and the Chums!

• We’d been painted by Bravo as the poor, pathetic desperate ones for most of our four seasons on RHoNY and frankly we were sick of that false portrayal. If we’d accepted a recurring and lesser role on the show then we would have confirmed to the viewers that indeed we were the poor, pathetic desperate ones…..

• lulu says:

Thank you for sharing! In a sense fate was on yours and Alex’s side. The last season of RHONY was a complete failure in ratings. It was a good move. I hope your show sees the light of day.

Can you answer why Bravo refuses to deviate from its current format? At this point just like top chef its tired and boring!!

• LuLu, I can’t as I’m not privy to their internal decision making process but I can and do speculate. Yes, I can’t imagine that RHoNY Season 6 will rate any better than Season 5 did in 2012, when S6 finally airs sometime in 2014. 18 months between seasons is too long to maintain viewer interest and Bravo’s delay with this iteration of the franchise seems to show they lack faith in it too. Bravo will never admit that their firing of 4 cast members at once was a mistake as they need to void at all costs any speculation that the individual cast members are bigger than the franchise, but I worry they are making the same mistake with RHOC S9, as they’ve gotten rid of 1/2 of the Season 8 cast.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I’m all for the revamping of OC-it was stale and needs some freshening up. I think a lot depends on the replacements(for lack of a better term). The new NY cast just didn’t seem to do the trick. Even though there are a lot of people who were happy to see one particular HW (myself included) there is a lot to be said cast members “making” the show.

I’m in quite a shock over how long it’s been taking this next NY season to get on the air. What a failure production-wise. It can’t be all blamed on certain people delaying signing on right ?

What a mess for bravo. And 3 HWs shows on at once- ALL crammed into the beginning of the week, currently, is a mess.

I still for the life of me don’t get why Thursday programming is dead at bravo.

Oh please baby Jesus 🙌🙌🙏🙏🙏🙏let stinker be cancelled !!!

thanks AZ and lulu – those tickets were a first for me – and lulu – I’m sorry for your accident and I hope that you are ok – I’ve had two accidents, both of which were not my fault and both times he was more concerned for my well being than the car, but this was not an accident – this was just stupid -

• Lulu says:

No it was not stupid. Don’t beat yourself up over this. It happens to us all. I hate being behind a driver that is “unaware” of their tail lights being out. It’s dangerous!

I would bring it up as matter of fact. For example: That was a fantastic party wasn’t it? Btw I got a ticket earlier. That softens all quite nicely!

Dear Lara Spotts:

There is a show on Bravo that we “need” cancelled. Nobody knows for sure why this atrocity of a show is still being aired. It’s called Millionaire Matchmaker. Please pretty please could you cancel it and make millions of viewers happy. :lol:

VV
    Bravo viewer

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I agree and can not stress how happy this viewer Of Bravo would be to never see this Mismatcher again!!!

OMG I was just going to post this! That show no longer has the mzAndy “save” any longer, he is affiliated with the HW shows only. Hopefully with the suckage of the new season and again a lack of ANY actual matches puts this turkey down

Is this right???

So is his ONLY responsibility limited to HWs or spinoffs (Manzoid, Nene, Kim Z’s nonstop uterus, Tree & the 39 ? )

Can he truly not call the shots on any of his old shows ?

Also I don’t know why he’s given credit for shahs I thought only Ryan Seacrest was exec producer on that

LOL

we need her direct email. Or a petition started on change.org

Wahhh!!! Wahhhh!!! Wahhh!!!

@KyleRichards18: @abigailcress did you like her comments in front of my child in EP 1?

Original Message:

NOTE to Kyle: I’m sure your child was not offended by Lisa’s comment. That child did not have as clue as to what you were saying AND there is plenty of footage of you talking about other people in front of Porsha. Double standard is your middle name. Selective memory is a close second.

Uhm, seriously you had a birthday party for her last year that involved copious amounts of alcohol and yelling, ShannaTaylorNotFordLyingGrifterHusbandStealerLypsMcgee, wish someone would tweet that crap to her. The woman was literally falling down drunk and cussing up a storm

Wahhh!!! Wahhhh!!! Wahhh!!!

@KyleRichards18: @abigailcress and we all knew she was ok because DWTS is pre taped and recorded.

Original Message:

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I don’t see crying in this tweet…I do see it in the tweet above!!!

Lisa is tweet whining herself. She’s the victim of a jealousy fueled fakefaint campaign and whining that people are so mean. Boo hoo, Lisa ‘my head defies the laws of gravity’ VanderP. Newsflash: accusations of fakefainting pale in comparison to accusations of infidelity so she can take her self pity and shove it. And, she’s going to continue her cheating allegation sign waving next week and has a few people join her in her crusade.

@YolandaHFoster: @BluEyedMami ❤️Always, no time to hold crutches when fighting for your life! #forgiveandmoveon

Original Message:

29. cusi77 says:

Do you know if we are going to see some of Kyle’s best friend for every Faye Resnick? Last Season she made Brandi stronger when attacking her without mercy… not knowing that B was playing us all…

Oh wow, I had to! Sucker for a kitty tummie

31. Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Is she calling all of the BH HWs liars????

Well SFTUBrandi certainly is twatting that SHE is liar, since she posted NOBODY would show up.

• Where has my fun Brandi gone? Were you ever there Brandi? Or am I just a sucker (Careful how you answer that, ladies ;) )?

Standing in the sucker line right behind you.

• Beckygrey says:

And I’m behind LL. I was the one that Tweeted her to tell her of Lynn’s passing and she was so upset and told me “No, please to play like that…” I loved her from that point…until a few days ago. I want the old Brandi back. She was a straight shooter, but would only fight back if provoked (but she never wanted to hurt anyone…first). This Brandi is ego driven.

• Beckygrey says:

I loved her also. I have only caught pieces of Monday’s show an WWHL on line and what I saw I didn’t like.

Honestly, at this point, I’d love to go full Maury and have lie detector tests. Only way to know for sure. May have some serious surprises…who would have thought that Adrienne was telling the truth and Brandi the liar last year. And, after Miami’s reunion, part 1, there is no level of train wreck too awful for Bravo, so bring on the ‘tectors!

I think Yofo wants to give the impression that she’s okay with Brandi. I think Brandi wants to believe she’s okay with her. I think Yofo will little by little ( after the season and reunion are filmed ) cut all ties with Brandi or at least keep their friendship at a distance.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I don’t think Brandi lied about this-I think Yolanda probably did tell Brandi that mohamad got it on with Joanna-and I think when Brandi was at the UpFronts she got drunky™ and told the story to big mouth/foul mouth Adrianna. I do think Brandi embellished on the other thing she said (I will repeat that disgustingness) b/c she is an idiot and doesn’t know when to say NOTHING!! Joanna said “no wonder why her husband left her” and dumbass Brandi didn’t even realize that by saying that disgusting thing she played right into Joanna’s hand-she is so incredibly immature that as soon as she said she immediately said “I win”….win? Win what? What a moron!!! Now she has Yolanda mad at her and Mohamad-Lisa is already done with her-now what? I hope she keeps on saying dumb shit because I am loving every single second of it!!!!

Ho was stupid to start with Brandi.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I think Brandi was stupid to respond-just once I would like that trick to let something GO-how does she not know at her age that shutting the eff up is sometimes a good thing! She could have handled that whole thing so differently by not engaging-she could have just said “STFU HOanna” ….but nooooooo she has to go balls to the wall-EVERY DAMN TIME!!!

I haven’t really given the entire thing too much thought. Just when you think you’ve heard it all from the HWs, something like this happens.

• Rebecca says:

I think Yolanda might just be a little afraid of Brandi’s unfiltered mouth.

32. lulu says:

Nancy, Chismosa an Powell do you think Libby had an affair??? Wonder what is going to happen with the hot gardenor???

You make me laugh lulu. :) I would have said no way until we saw the episode of her
      telling him to leave when they went away together but we have seen that they are still
      going strong so I very much doubt it. Do you? I just think she’s a fun gal but unfortunately her husband isn’t so she doesn’t get to have a lot of fun when she is with
      him. Hence…dancing with the hot gardener. I would love to see Masters face if he
      walked into the room when they were dancing together. The guy is a jerk. IMHO.

Is the little one feeling better today? I hope so.

Hi Lulu, like I told you about in the Far From Heaven plot- she probably won’t. (I don’t want to get into giving away plot points from the movie)

Libby must have realized what a stiff kind of weird guy this was when she met him. (Though in the old scenes of him younger with the provost he seems so carefree—- did he change or is that bad continuity of story or character?)
      Libby must have had TONS of suitors. She settled on this weirdo.

Ana Quincoces twitter:
    Someone asks if Ana is still friends with Marysol? She replies “no”. Someone asks who is she friends with that is still on the show? She replies “Joanna & Alexia.”
    Someone asks “not Adrianna?” and she replies “I never had a relationship with her, good or bad.” Interesting that they worked together and she says that.

The most interesting grab from this is she is not friends with Marysol. They were friends and on and off the show and while doing the show. Of course, she and Marysol had a common enemy too (Lea). I assume something went bad between those two AFTER the filming that Ana appeared in this season – not the appearance, but when it was filmed. Ana was doing a lot of tweeting pics of herself with Marysol and Alexia up into the summer and I didn’t even notice that dropped off into oblivion. Well, for what that’s worth, I know whatever has driven Ana has been a bit of a mystery to some of us that follow RHOM.

• Just Wondering In Jersey says:

As I recall from last season, Ana was getting tired of Marysol not speaking up for herself. Perhaps she just decided to let her go?

Hi JWIJ, it could be Ana didn’t respect her as much for that, but I get the feeling something more dramatic occurred in July or August, if I recall correctly.

JWIJ- I totally think you’re on to something. Ana’s problem with Marisol last season was m not speaking up for herself – and – am I remembering incorrectly ?- Marisol not standing up for Ana at some point ???

But Tarts may be on to something that something may have occurred off screen at another time that we know nothing about.

Signed,
        One of Ana’s only fans.
        Haha!

Texas I’m going to write some more later but I can’t wait to see Marisol’s dress tomorrow ! It’s STUNNING!

ok bbl

35. chismosa™ says:

@ AZGIRL- I’m dying laughing at your name !!!

I’m glad Pepper did good on her walk .

Orson. Smelly Cat. LOL. I remember that epi. :-)

AZGirl a/k/a FREE VITO LOL & thks for the update on Dr. Pepper. I’m so glad she’s coming along. :-)

Lauren & Vito engaged. Ya’ll know what that means? Another damn Bravo wedding. Siggggghhhhhh!! That’s why they got their boring show anyway. Caro told Vito just like Sarah Palin told Levi Johnson, “propose to my daughter so it will look good for tv.”. Well. Another wedding I’m not watching. Well hell. I didn’t plan on watching the Manzoids, isn’t that what you call them MTH? ;-)

Wahhh!!! Wahhhh!!! Wahhh!!!

@KyleRichards18: @abigailcress welcome to my world :-)

Original Message:

40. chismosa™ says:

Made it on to RO.
    AND I saw the new Star (same co) and on the cover a blip about HO having battled anorexia.
    Star likes HO

41. chismosa™ says:

Ashy: I’m sorry about your mom that I didn’t know or didn’t remember.
    You are 7 siblings !?!?!?? Wowsa !

Glad to hear the boys stepped up. If I had a dollar for every story of sisters vs brothers and parents – id be a millionaire.
    You are a lucky family 👪👪💚❤️💙💜💛

42. California35 says:

Jackeline from NJ was on Bethenny’s show today. I love her hair usually, but she cut it and i am liking her new look :-)

Realllllly….. Hmm maybe I’ll catch the rerun.

Her hair was great at the reunion

• California35 says:

She cut it off. Let me know way you think.

They all need to do that. Not the ones with very thick hair but it will look so polished …. I love a bob- or lob or long bob. I wish I could pull that off

Like Ramona, she looked amazing. She looked like Cameron Diaz ! ;)

• California35 says:

:-P silly.

I wish i get a good haircut and not worry about it being too short. I have been thinking about it a lot lately, but i always had it long.

Ooooh ….. Risky! How fun. Do it ! Does your hair grow fast ? It does just come back in …..
              If I had straight hair id take SO many fashion risks 💇💇💇💇💆🙆

@giggythepom: @Serabbi I did a little jogging and was snapped by the paps http://t.co/NmNxWJrj3l

Original Message:

@joannakrupa: @PerezHilton Brandi can come over any time and take a whiff

Original Message:

Housewives 101. When in trouble with public opinion, tweet cute pictures if your kids.

@BrandiGlanville: Jake said he is so swag http://t.co/7gwzxqU9AO

Original Message:

• California35 says:

Lol – you guys have said that!!! Wow !

Vv I know you say Tre did that befoooooooore troubles and the 39 but I feel like she upped the ante after the 39
      ❓❓

I almost put a disclaimer about Tre because she has always posted tons of pics of her kids way before the legal issues. She’s always been very proud of her girls.

I mean you can be proud and not post pics all the time too.
          But you’re right – pride. It’s likely why we never had many Lauren Manzo pics years ago.
          😳😜

More Lisa bashing!!! More Lisa bashing!!!

@KyleRichards18: @zia_sofia never heard of any health issues before…NEVER . News to me

Original Message:

47. djprincessc says:

Guess who I saw today?!?!?!?!?

JOSH ALTMAN!!! lol. This is ESP for you Chismosa! Girl, lemme tell you, he doesn’t look like Bert! lol. He was at IL Pastio on Canon drive! I was walking to my car and he was sitting with another man, he looked like he didn’t want to be seen, he had his head kinda resting on his left arm, with his hand kinda open covering his face, like he was trying to be low key. He was only looking at the man talking and I didn’t see him look up. I got a pretty good look without being able to stare and look back but he’s pretty hott and was dressed in a white button up shirt. Idk about pants or shoes since he was sitting down. Hopefully next time I can see more!

I haven’t read the blog in 2 days! I feel sooooo out of the loop! I guess thats what happens when you work. Oh shit, I sound like Joanna! I work I work! haha. Well, I’ve always worked, I’ve just never worked so far to where it takes me 1.5hours to get home. OK now gonna hopefully read what I’ve missed.

P.S. does that mean that Andy was demoted or kinda fired???

dj…I was just going to put up a post to you! How bizarre. The X-Factor just started
      and I wasn’t sure if you are still following it. I hope all is well at your end. :)

• djprincessc says:

Hiiiiii Nancy!! No I am not following this year, I just couldn’t get into it. I am very excited for American Idol though!! I’m good, so tired but good Nancy!! Hope you are well too! <3

• djprincessc says:

Nancy, I wanted to ask you. For the past 3 weeks it hurts on my left side under my boob (thats the easiest way to describe it.lol.) Its not related to my boob at all though, Idk if its my abdomen or I pulled a muscle, but it hurts when I press or stretch. What could this be?? :(

It’s sounds like you have a pulled muscle. You can use a heating pad to see if that helps. I would try to take some Advil etc as well. If it still hurts I would see my family doc. Sorry that you are going through this as you didn’t need this right now. (((dj)))

• djprincessc says:

Really, would it hurt for this long if I pulled a muscle? I’m always so scared about weird bumps or lumps and cancer but I don’t feel anything. lol. I’ve been putting Ben Gay pads on the area for the past 3 nights and it didn’t help. But I will take advil, since I don’t have insurance yet I’m trying to avoid the doctor right now! Thank you for the help, :) I don’t need it right now but isn’t that how it always works?? lol. You know the second day I started working out there my car went to hell and I had to take it in to get fixed and rent a car?? I mean talk about timing!! Thankfully my grandpa paid for it all, the repair was over 500!! I’m like really?? Its my second day and you do this to me now?? Life is SO WEIRD!!

Are you watching X factor? What happened to Noelle?? She said bye out of the blue one day to everyone and IDK what happened?? I miss her!! :(

• California35 says:

:-( sorry about your long drive :-(

• djprincessc says:

Thanks Cali, I appreciate it! Its a big adjustment for me, my whole life I’ve always worked 5 minutes away down the street from me. I hope I can get used to it! I’m trying to find shortcuts and stuff. :)

How exciting DJ. He does appear to be very dapper. I don’t hate him, btw.

That’s a LOng drive, sweetie. But you’re doing this for your career. So it’s worth it. You think you might relocate to LA? Hollywood?

• djprincessc says:

I never hated him, he’s cocky but all realtors usually are, even the poor ones. He is hott Lainey! I wanna see Matt!

Thanks for reminding me that this is for my career, today was quite a rough day and was ready to be done! Not joking, lol. You know, I could never live out there, it just doesn’t feel like home. I grew up by the beach my entire life. I would love to move to Marina del Rey which cuts off about 20/30 min but its SOOOOOOO expensive. Thats the furthest I’d go, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo would cut off about 15 min as well and i love Manhattan, still expensive but not impossible. Hows your daughter!?! Miss ya! xoxo.

Are you sure dj he doesn’t look like Bert? I think somebody posted side by side pics and I couldn’t tell them apart.

Must be Bravo makeup then…

DJ!!!!

Amazing ….. Ahhh maaaaaazing. I did not know you had such a long drive ! Or is that just the infamous LA traffic?

So ok- Josh is not Keller Williams right?
      Ooh, look for a wedding band — or would we know already if they were married. I think we would.

That’s awesome. Please catch up on blogs- so much has happened.

HO & MO >>>>via Brandi-gate

Stalking101….. It has begun 🔦🔦🔎🔎⌚️📷📷🚗p

• djprincessc says:

Its just LA traffic, Beverly Hills is only 20 miles away from me. Its the dumb 405 fwys. I’ve been taking surface streets home bc at least its moving!

Josh is with Hilton and Hyland. I wanted to see his hand but I couldn’t!! Whats your email address, I think you gave it to me before but I wanna send ya something. ahahhahahahah @stalking gate!

xoxo.

I feel for you DJ :( I drove the 405 from Chatsworth to Westwood for 3 years…. I listened to audiobooks to make it better. But my stress level was through the roof on that drive home.

• djprincessc says:

Thanks Ladebra. It is very stressful, I’m exhausted when I get home and its not from my job! lol. Idk how you did it for 3 years.

Thanks for sharing your sighting with us!

No wonder DJ is behind on the blog – she’s on the road half the day!!! Sorry for crappy commute time. PS: Andy is no longer Executive VP of Talent and Development. Still has his Exec. Producer of HW & WWHL. It’s good for Andy because he will have time to work his production company and pitch shows to Bravo.

• djprincessc says:

I am sooooo behind TT, I had no idea how brutal it would be. Like I said Beverly Hills is only 19/20 miles away so its not really far! I am at work right now but finally taking a little break. I still haven’t caught up on the blog at all! I will tonight and I am off tomaro! Yay I can sleep! :)

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

dj-whooo hoooo!!! I knew you would see one of those guys sooner or later!! Isn’t it funny how much better they look in person (except Patty Stanker-she was a hot mess in person) . That commute sound atrocious!! I hope you keep finding short-cuts!!!

• djprincessc says:

Yes! He is handsome, sucks to have to admit it. Now I wanna see his brother and Josh Flagg bc I love JF, I’d totally go up to him and ask him to be my bff. I wanna see Heather too. Patti who?!?! lol. ;)

Dwight used to be Taylor’s assistant.

@dwightcoates: adore @LisaVanderpump @KenToddBH beautiful partnership on #rhobh They carried tonights episode and show #trueclass #love others take note

Original Message:

Whahhh!!! Whahhh!!! Whahhh!!!

@KyleRichards18: @lucerogonzalez many times….

Original Message:

There is a God!! Thank-you!

No she just wants her adoring fans to beg her to stay

She’d never leave

I bet it didn’t even occur to her that she wasn’t going to be the breakout “star”. I bet
          she bangs her head into her wall with disbelief on a daily basis.

How very Dina Manzo.
      “No don’t go !!! We LOVE YOU! We want you!!!! YOU are the best !!! The fairest in all the land! 👑👑👑👸👸👸👸”
      #pantene

Lulu, Powel and chismosa. A lot of insight into next weeks episode.