Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Miami

From Bravo’s Website:

A Mynt Meltdown:

The once seemingly perfect coupling of Joanna and Romain continues to see more downs than ups as the two find more ways to disconnect.

Adriana continues to deflect Frederic’s marriage talk.

At the 10th anniversary of Mynt Adriana flirts with the club owner and Joanna’s fiancé Romain!

Mynt is the nightclub owned by Joanna Krupa’s fiancee on the show, Romain.  Here is a description of the club from their website:

“ABOUT MYNT
The Famous and Fabulous

If there’s one club on Miami Beach synonymous with exclusivity, it is Mynt Lounge.
During its seven-year reign the definitive Über lounge on the 2100 block of Collins has
earned a reputation for the tightest door policy and most fabulous crowd in the Magic
City.

The list of celebrities that have passed through Mynt’s doors would fill a dozen
Rolodexes, but serial offenders include Ricky Martin, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan,
Britney Spears, Cameron Diaz, Mickey Rourke, Sean Penn, Jennifer Lopez, Giselle
Bundchen, Colin Farrell, and Jamie Foxx.

Add to these boldface names the hordes of models, designers, fashionistas, top DJs,
scene-makers, and high rollers, and you understand why Mynt’s velvet rope has long
been the highest hurdle in Miami Beach nightlife.

In order to maintain its blue-chip status, Mynt demands elegance, chic, and a winning
smile of its patrons. “Those are the minimum requirements,” says owner Romain Zago.
“Mynt is for the famous and fabulous.”

As for the paparazzi, Mynt enforces a strict rule: no entry. “Mynt is where celebrities
come to escape the paparazzi,” explains Zago. “They come here to party and have fun
without being hassled.” Most clubs let photographers stalk their A-list guests in the hope of some publicity,he explains, but Mynt doesn’t need cheap exposure. “We know that great people will come anyway – the famous and the fabulous – so we prefer to maintain that aura of exclusivity.

Another distinguishing factor: Mynt never rests on its laurels. Mynt is completely
refitted every summer, from carpets to light fittings, including new furniture and
furnishings. Its latest renovation cost $1.2 million – a sum that none of its so-called
rivals would dream of investing. But that’s why Mynt maintains its reputation as the
ultimate high-end, luxury-service nightspot.

“We have a simple but radical philosophy,” explains Romain Zago. “The customer is the
star. We never forget that without the paying customer, nobody has a job – and that
includes the entire team, from waitresses to managers.”

One quick observation.  Bravo says 10 year anniversary but their website say 7 years.  for such a great club, you’d think they could keep their website up to date.  Or maybe Bravo is just making up the 10 Anniversary thing.

This entry was posted in Miami and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

114 Responses to Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Miami

1. LOL… What a FANCY write up… and they LET Bravo in….hahahahahaha… sure the “locals” just loved that…..winks

I’m not watching Miami. I’ll be watching Project Runway, but y’all have fun chatting!

Cast announced for Season Two of Project Runway Allstars

Wendy Pepper (Ugh! remember her from season one?)
    Andrae Gonzalo
    Uli Herzner
    Kayne Gillaspie, season 3
    Suede Baum, season 5
    Althea Harper, season 6 first runner-up
    Emilio Sosa, season 7 first runner-up
    Peach Carr, season 8
    Casanova, season 8
    Ivy Higa, season 8
    Anthony Ryan Auld, season 9
    Laura Kathleen, season 9
    Joshua McKinley, season 9 first runner-up

4. Are we really supposed to believe they’d be having happy time if he wasn’t there. Hello cameras!

I can deal with a lot but I can’t deal with stupid. Haha. Lea cracks me up. I laugh at that line every time.

6. Finally subtitles because they are speaking another language – and not because they are slurring their words or trying to have a private conversation and picked up by a secret microphone.

7. Karent is really overacting. I wonder if he’s a fake boyfriend like Kelly had on the show. Hiiiiii.

8. Lisa reminds me of that character in The Help who was really lonely and always looking for an invite, and hung out at the house with her housekeeper.

Lea has a soft side. 🙂

10. jeang says:

Lisa is really pretty but she needs to curb the botox and whatever else.

11. jeang says:

so happy I was finally able to get in here. I gave up trying last month but decided to give it another try.

The whole “club” scene drives me crazy. We have them in Scottsdale and a bunch of rich vain stupid people (usually children of rich vain stupid people but then there are their cougar mothers) insulting each other and paying a fortune for drinks and food. They are all beautiful and all special….I will take a honky tonk bar with pool table in Prescott anytime.

13. kidsrfunny says:

If your significant other was getting his U.S. citizenship, why would you drop him off and pick him up at the curb? Wouldn’t you want to be there for that moment?

• AZGirl says:

because she is “special” and is not going to sit through a boring citizenship swearing in. What a piece of work. Well…she going to be very lonely. Nobody likes a sloppy drunk

I am pretty sure that they don’t let ‘family’ in the ceremony room; because of huge number of people who get sworn in as citizens the same day, that if everyone brought someone there would be not enough room to hold everyone.

• Rabble… I dont think Romain went to an actual ceremony.. I think he went and picked up his paperwork for filming purposes. no way would Joanna stood outside for HOURS waiting for him. If it had been an actual ceremony he would not have been the only person walking out the front dr of the office complex….JMHO
        Diva

That voice. I couldn’t live with it.

15. jeang says:

I know I wouldnt feel comfortable in a place like Mynt and of course I would never be chic, elegant and rich enough to get in there. We always vacationed in Miami Beach as it was only about 4 hours away. We would spend one week each summer in Miami Beach, go home, wash clothes and then head out for the 2nd week in the Great Smoky Mountains. I love, love, love Miami. We were always fascinated with the Nightclub tour buses that stopped in front of all the hotels etc picking up people to haul around to the clubs. That was in the 60’s, when I was 10 years old. bet they dont have those now. Our family used to cruise at night going by all the fancy hotels and clubs and just looking into the fabulous lobbies with the huge chandeliers.

16. JustDee says:

Ha ha! Mom says she met the big blond drag queen when she lived in Miami! She was with a group of ladies and met him at a bar in South Beach 12-14 years ago. She says he was THE sweetest and cutest and they had a blast. He looks exactly the same now as then.

FYI-Scandal starts tonight-does anyone watch??-its so good!!!

18. I don’t find it strange that they’d talk about Elsa’s issue with plastic surgery in front of a plastic surgeon. It’s pretty obvious and they might be worried it will happen to them.

19. jeang says:

At least some of them love Mama Elsa for who she is and not what she looks like.

20. jeang says:

Wow, Joanna wasnt kidding she cannot handle alcohol.

This is why I hate alcohol.

22. LaineyLainey says:

I’m watching Project Runway, I still miss Gunnar, but anyway… I thought it was so funny when Sonje told Jonathan, ‘who cares what “mary j. blige” thinks?’ His client was hating on all of the garments.

23. jeang says:

I only do alcohol at home and a shot or so when I cannot sleep. Its either take a shot or two or eat so I can sleep.. I have the pills but wont use them.

24. Well – that was – interesting I guess. I’m already tired of the dynamics between Romain, Joanna, and her sister.

25. jeang says:

Personally I think Marta is trying way to hard to be a part of the housewives. She already has a part due to her sister. I am not liking Marta, and I think she is shady.

26. jeang says:

Sorry yall I am making up for lost time that i was off this blog tonight. I think Rodlofo is shady and Marty as well. I think Joanna and Romain would be better off without her. Obviously if she is in Miami, her acting and singing ambitions are about as good and successful as Melissa Marcos Grossga.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

I think Rodolfo is shady too. Karent seems sweet, but she also seems a bit naive (or she is choosing to turn a blind eye) when it comes to Rodolfo. I feel like Karent is more into HIM, than he is into her.

I haven’t quite figured Marta out yet. Why doesn’t she have her own place? That seems odd to me.

27. looneylucy says:

I agree, Wow. Marta needs to get a life. I’m sure Romaine(?) is probably a player in his own right, but from his viewpoint, he’s worked hard and is proud of his American citizenship. If I were in his shoes I can’t see Joanna and Marta as anything except as monkeys on his back. There’s plenty of eye candy out there. One PITA is enough, without a sister in tow.

I was watching E! and Jayzee was having a party at his club in NY celebrating the release of a B Ball video game he produced and Tre & Joe were on the red carpet step and repeat. Your whole family hating you has it’s privileges. 😉

I am watching the previews for HWONJ. Gang…I just don’t get the hate on Teresa? What did she do? O.k. let us imagine that there is something we don’t know but what could be the issue that would make Caroline, Jac, Kathy into a pack of hyenias? WTF? Teresa killed off one of the kids? Are the parents locked away in the basement of their home? Everything is out. Joe legal problems, his catty around, the bankrupctcy..what does that all have to do with them????? Teresa is the one that has to deal with it all and if I had those problems I would do whatever I could to get out of the mess. Really other than Jac’s son what do these people have to worry about? Why is Tre such a threat to them?
    Anderson Cooper needs to grow some balls or cough up what he knows through Andy Cohen.

• mrs. peabody says:

Teresa dares to put on a happy face and not talk about her troubles to them, that my friend is their problem with her.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

I’ve wondered and said the same thing. With the way they treat Teresa, you would think she slept with one (or more) of their husbands or pushed one of their children down and kicked the kid when he/she was down on the ground or reported them to the I.R.S..

I mean, that is SERIOUSLY how they act. It’s just crazy to me.

30. Zoey says:

Just watched an episode of Louis CK. Wow, loved it. It was sad and funny all at the same time!

Yeah, it’s a great show. poignant stuff.

• Lady Chatterley says:

Love this show! Really good writing 🙂

• Zoey says:

I only recently heard of this guy. One day I was kinda down and my son said ‘Ma, lemme show you something that’ll make you laugh’. So he went to Louis CK’s Utube videos, and I sat there watching one after another and laughed til my belly hurt.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

I like that show too. I only recently started watching because I needed something to watch after “Snooki & JWoww.” I want to find all of the old episodes and catch up.

31. LaineyLainey says:

I’m back to Miami now. OMG Joanna at the club??? Adriana at the club flirting with Joanna’s man??? The editors leaving that shot of Marisol’s black spanx??? Elaine is so pretty!! My goodness.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

I can’t believe Adriana was so bold. I think Adriana loves Fredric, but she’s not IN love with him. I think that’s why she keeps putting him off about setting a wedding date and actually getting married.

Joanna made a complete fool of herself. She should totally stop drinking if that’s how she gets when she drinks.

32. jeang says:

Oh I have to look again for the spanx. Yes Elaine is gorg, wish I looked that good.

33. Zoey says:

From seeing just a bit of them on WWHL I think Ellen Barkin has a crush on NeNe. Getting really tired of Andy, though. Maybe they should have guest hosts and he could go on more trips.

34. jeang says:

Tonight made me so homesick for Miami, I am checking out rates for Eden Roc and Fountainbleau. At least Fountainblue has no pound limit for dogs. Eden Rocs is 25 lbs and mine is at least 60 lbs. They also have links to dog sitters and special tags to hang on your door so housekeeping stays out when you have an unleased dog in the suites/

35. Superfly says:

When one of the ladies said about Lea, you won’t find me in a club when I am 40 I started wondering how old Lea really is since she is obviously not 40! Found this which would put her at 57….but no, she did not have any work done between seasons LOL. http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20105209,00.html

• Superfly says:

Sorry, the link doesn’t work, I googled how old is Lea Black and this was the 3rd link on the page. She was 40 in 1995.

She looks great!!!

Wow, Lea looks Fab for 57! I heard Lisa make that ridiculous comment about shoot her if she’s at a club at 40…then I tried to find Lea’s age with no luck. Thanks Superfly!

• Winston says:

That’s weird because didn’t she say that was her son from last week’s episode. He looks about 10?? Did she have a child in her late 40’s?

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

Oh my God! I had no idea Lea was 57. Ramona is 56. I think both Lea and Ramona look GREAT for their ages.

36. lillybee says:

I am watching The Last Resort. Best thing on tv ever and I ususally hate these kind of programs.
    It sucked me in at the beginning.

37. JenninFL says:

I know most people like myself have been wondering about Elsa’s botched plastic surgery and I saw this on twitter.

@lhochsteinmd Doctor H can you please repair Elsa’s surgeries? She used 2b a beautiful lady. Please film it for #RHOM! Ur the best!

1h Dr.Leonard Hochstein Dr.Leonard Hochstein ‏@lhochsteinmd

@AdvocatingTruth Wish I could but most of the issue is filler. Impossible to remove

So sad!

38. I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

RHOM has the best-looking cast. No contest.

• JenninFL says:

Definitely. I also like that a majority of them actually work and have successful careers. All of their blogs are also very well written.

39. jeang says:

Absolutely, and I think the majority of them are closer to 40 ish than 20 somethings. I still think Alexia is the prettiest. I hope all is going good for her son. I know at first it was life and death, then a matter of being able for him to even walk. I think now brain injuries are what is left and maybe since he was so young when this all happened, he may be able to have a good outcome. Surely he is a miracle. Miracles can still happen. Never give up hope.

40. contessa says:

Miami is crazy, but very pretty, not dark, and full of nutsy women, with fights, jealousies and kind of entertaining. I kind of enjoyed tonight, as light weight entertainment. I do appreciate that Lea puts together that gala, as it is a big thing in Miami. Feel bad for Karent – she is fooling herself to think that player is her future. I truly like Ana, and would like to know why she isn’t divorced yet.
    Adriana is totally crazy, but for some reason she doesn’t bother me. I think Joana is very pretty (I am Polish and came here as an immigrant – understand her background), but she needs to let her sister get an apartment and Joana disrespected her bf…not nice and drunk is not attractive.
    The plastic surgeon’s wife seems kind of sweet, but a bit of an air-head. I miss Alexia, as I felt she was very level headed and I think Ana, Alexia and Marysol are old friends. Interested to find out what happened between Lea and Marysol??? and the drag queen…sounds explosive. Lea does think of herself as the unwritten Queen of Miami society LOL. I cannot take this series that seriously and it is good to laugh after NJ.