Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Miami

From Bravo’s website:

“Sexting Candles

• Miami’s elite are ready to celebrate Alexia’s Magazine Venue Party, but Adriana is not in party mode.
  • Tonight’s the night Adriana has been waiting for; to confront Karent’s mingling ways once and for all!
  • Joanna finds out that being a supermodel is sometimes not so super, when hidden emails reveal Romain’s dirty little secret.”

Based on the previews, we’re also going to see some sort of encounter between Mama Elsa and Elaine Lancaster – my two favorites on the show.  I’m not sure I’m going to enjoy it.  Who am I kidding.  I’m going to enjoy it.  Mama Elsa is a kick in the pants.

Here’s a biography on Elaine Lancaster.  I’m not sure how old it is.  http://www.misselainelancaster.com/biography.htm

And here’s an old interview with Elaine, but I’m not sure if it is really two years old since it mentions the upcoming season of Miami, and that was filmed this spring.

This entry was posted in Miami and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

77 Responses to Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Miami

You guys enjoy Miami. I’m going to be watching Project Runway finale.

2. Rebecca says:

New interview on housewivesblog dot tv:

Who Set Melissa up at the Fashion Show? John (Johnny the Greek) put his good friend Angelo up to it because Melissa was bashing Penny’s salon & other friend’s businesses.

THERE. END OF STORY

• cusi77 says:

Penny’s Salon, Johnny The Greek, Kim D… all of them are more powerful than Bravo/Andy… With all due respect to housewivesblog dot tv, I still think that Bravo Producers put “this gem” on Kim’s lap because in their opinion there were not enough drama for the season finale. Thanks for reporting, Rebecca… Why don’t you tell us how do you feel about Jill Zarin?Lol!

• Rebecca says:

I hate that bitch.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

BRAVO Producers are EVIL!

• djprincessc says:

Cusi how are they all more powerful?? I am seriously asking because I have no idea. Are they involved in illegal things?

• cusi77 says:

No, Honey! It was ‘sarcasm’… I don’t really think that Kim D had the power to bring cameras and make the script to set up Melissa or Teresa… That was (IMO) Bravo Producers all the way behind the stripper-gate. It just tickles me that they think that the viewers aren’t intelligent enough to see their mind games. What is sad is that that family is broken beyond repair.

• djprincessc says:

Ohhhhh hahah. I got it. Its just that the cast seems to all be kinda scared of Kim D. Nobody wants to be on her bad side so thats why I thought you were serious!! lol.

• klmh says:

That makes sense, but it still doesn’t explain why T had to bring up the subject in the bathroom. All of this could have been averted if she had kept her trap shut.
      I feel so sorry for these family members.

• Rebecca says:

Because she knew something was going down; something always goes down at the PFS. She still didn’t know what, even after Angelo coming up to her earlier in the day, and was trying to get something out of Melissa. Teresa looked very anxious, but Melissa’s reaction was “odd.” I think she was expecting to catch Melissa freaking out in the bathroom.

Teresa was going to get blamed anyway she went.

• klmh says:

Maybe I missed something then. I watched the 3 reunion shows this evening. Don’t know why I did that to myself.
          Anyway, I saw Melissa fixing her makeup or hair in the bathroom. Teresa had the opportunity to keep quiet. When she admitted who the fellow was and that he said she was a dancer, it looked like she was guiltily by association, by knowing who he was, but I do not believe she had anything to do with it. Im simply saying that she set herself up which is unfortunate for her the entire family.

KLMH – maybe she was following instructions (from the producers).

• RealHousewifeVA says:

I agree about setting herself up. I personally think that when Angelo showed up at the PFS, lightbulbs went off in Teresa’s head (there’s a joke to be made there..) and she realized that maybe she was asked to go to the salon earlier in the day so that SHE can be blamed for the whole thing. I think she told Melissa about it in the bathroom so she could clear herself before anyone came to her and told her Teresa saw him at the salon. They all know production makes sure there is drama at the PFS, Teresa herself followed production’s lead during the confrontation with Danielle in Season 2. Kathy took production’s orders at Season 3 PFS and now Teresa knew SOMEONE (JAC) was doing something this time around. Kim D told Jac about it so that Jac could do exactly what she did- blame T and make T look like the bad guy.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

I read that she was directed by the producers to do so. I don’t know if I read that on SH or Famewhorgas.

I CAN see producers directing her to do it, though. Someone mentioned that Teresa looked at the camera uncomfortably as she was going into the bathroom (I do not remember this, though). If this is true, it puts her between a rock and a hard place: being $8-11 million in debt and NEEDING to keep her job vs. telling/asking Melissa bout Angelo and what he said.

Tough position.

• klmh says:

I did see T. look at the camera before the bathroom scene and shake her head yes. But if someone told you to hurt a family member of yours who you had a poor relationship with, would you do it? I wouldn’t but T. isn’t the sharpest tool in the box.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

If I were $8-11 million dollars in debt, with 4 daughters to support and a VERY BAD history with an IN-LAW (She’s not Teresa’s BLOOD. She is an IN-LAW. I hate to sound so COLD about it, but….my BLOOD comes before my IN-LAW. Sorry.) that had once conspired against me; that I did not quite fully trust yet (although we were working on TRYING to build a relationship)….

YA DAMNED SKIPPY, I would’ve done it!

Joey and Melissa said they took their “opportunity” with BRAVO and came right outta the gate calling her “garbage” and a “bitch,” and Melissa’s VERY FIRST BLOG (and subsequent blogs afterward — before she realized they were causing a backlash) TRASHED her.

Would I have WANTED to do it? NO, I would NOT have. When my husband was in jail, though, not only did my brother not even come to see about me, he never even called. My husband is looking at jail-time again.

If I lose my job with BRAVO, how can I be sure my brother will be there for me this time?

It would have KILLED me to do it, but I would have been thinking about my 4 daughters’ faces before ANYTHING and ANYONE else (and I know Joey would put Melissa and his 3 children before me too).

• klmh says:

I bet you would have given your relative a heads up, thru text or phone call before the bomb was dropped. Or not… Different strokes.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

Well, if I could be sure that I could send a text or make a phone call without it jeopardizing my JOB, sure.

The thing is this, though. Teresa ALLEGEDLY did NOT know exactly WHAT the set up was until it basically happened. I mean, all the guy did was walk up to the table and say, “Melissa, don’t you remember me?”

That was nothing to get upset over.

Next thing you know, Melissa gets up to go the bathroom, and Teresa follows. Was she directed at that moment by a producer to follow? Was she told, without any real time to warn Melissa, to bring Angelo up to Melissa in the bathroom? These are things that we do NOT know.

I think the PRODUCERS and Kim D were really to blame for all of this. If one chooses to believe other reports, it was actually Jac that screwed the whole thing up and insisted that Teresa had set Melissa up — which I do NOT think she did.

Also, Angelo mentioned Melissa dancing at the hair salon, before the PFS even BEGAN. So, it was right there on film without Teresa having to say anything.

SOMEHOW, SOMEBODY wanted TERESA to mention Angelo to Melissa and what he told her (even though he’d already given up the alleged “dirt” on Melissa at the hair salon) while they were at the PFS.

• klmh says:

As I mentioned, I don’t think T. had anything to do with trying to set M. up. I also don’t think she had a clue that the accuser would be there at the fashion show. Problem was, she knew when she saw him at the dinner table, what the setup was about, because she knew it was going to affect Melissa. T. is the star of this show. She has and had the ability to make up her own mind, imo. I don’t think she thought that far ahead, and she doesn’t care for M. anyway. Teresa says family first, family, family, family. Not in this case.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

With all due respect, KLMH (and I mean that SINCERELY), it IS “family first” — her IMMEDIATE family of her husband and 4 children. It’s all in how you look at it.

I’m a BIG family person (I’ve been giving up large parts of my life to my parents and will continue to do so whenever they need me. It looks like I will also be the one who takes care of my brother with Aspberger’s and have him live with ME when my parents pass on).

If I were in Teresa’s position, my FAMILY of FOUR GIRLS and my HUSBAND come BEFORE Joey, and they DAMNED SURE come before MELISSA (The Bible says that when one marries, their spouse and their children become their family and basically takes precedence over their parents and siblings).

So, one could make a VERY valid argument, IMO, that Teresa DID put her FAMILY first (just like Joey probably would, had he been placed in HER position. I mean, he didn’t care about repeating a private conversation he and Teresa had on camera MONTHS before, did he? He said he was doing it to protect his FAMILY — which are Melissa and his 3 children).

Teresa simply did the SAME from my perspective. *Shrug*

• klmh says:

Her children being harassed at school and have been for two+ years, the emotional damage being done to her parents, a fractured relationship with her only brother, I guess I just don’t feel family to her means anything other than Teresa. I believe her relationship with her husband has been further compromised as well. Her family, immediate or otherwise have been maligned, ridiculed, demeaned and everything else that goes with the joke Teresa has made of her family. jmo
                      I have enjoyed your explanations and you make good points. Tx Detox.

Rebecca,

Do you have a link? I can’t find the story.

3. klmh says:

Hahaha, not fair. She got soldiers, we just got the biggest muscled people available. Magic Mind Teresa…

4. california35 says:

hi every body –

i hope Diva and Just Dee r doing well.

enjoy miami, i will watch eventually. i am behind in all my shows. not enough evening for all the shows that are back 🙂

Did anyone catch that NJ sneak preview thing???
    Caroline was bitching about Teresa being soooo competitive at a charity tug-o-war. Teresa brought a punch of muscle heads with her and Caroline had her sons. Caroline went and found some soldiers (it as a Wounder Warrior” charity) so she could bring Teresa down-those were her words…”I will do anything to take her down”…really Caroline? Teresa is very competitive but how can Caroline talk???
    I think the lost footage episode may turn out to be the best episode ever!!!

• klmh says:

Thats exactly why Teresa brought those muscle bound fellows, to win. Both are competitive, but Carol found out what T. did, and she reacted by looking for competition. Before the competition took place, Caroline didn’t care, but when she saw what T. brought, her competitive spirit sprung into action. Good for her!
      I think there should be some good footage as well.

My point was that Caroline was so judgmental about Teresa wanting to win and then she turned around and became the horrible person she was accusing Teresa of being…the same thing she has done all season long. If it makes Teresa so awful for doing it-doesnt it make Caroline awful as well?

• klmh says:

All of these women have mentioned T. competitiveness in the past years. Both are competitive, one bringing the big guns with her to win, one recruiting people around her to win. Since the family members were the ones invited to do the pulling, from what was said before the event, who broke the rules first? I took the pulling event to be the Wakile’s and Giudices vs Manzos and Laurita’s, or whats what was mentioned.

6. Rebecca says:

TMZ caught Danielle in NYC. She had just met with Andy Cohen.

• RealHousewifeVA says:

I don’t want her back, ugh. As much as I can’t stand Caro or Jac, I still can’t stand Danielle.

7. jeang says:

Love it when Mama Elsa pulled down the back of Karent skirt when she was bending over.

8. I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

I’m watching RHOM as the t.v. goes back and forth between a picture and a black screen.

I can’t decide whether or not I like Karent. Part of me feels like the other girls are being petty and “mean girl-ing” her. Then again, I’ve known people, in person, who are just ANNOYING. It’s not like they do anything HORRIBLE. They’re just ANNOYING.

Do you guys think that is the deal with Karent? Or do you guys think the other girls are just threatened by and/or jealous of her?

Detox-I would love to give you my opinion on Karent…which one is she?(Im Kidding)
      I cant keep these girls straight, there are too many of them…and a sister? Im so confused.
      I like Karent-she is beautiful, successful and she loves her parents. She is a little over the top but what HW isnt?
      I think the other chicks are trying to explain the “pecking order” to her and she is just not getting it. Or she just doesnt give a crap.
      Sorry about your busted TV…you must act like a real JIVE TURKEY every time it fades to black!!!

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

ROFL. Jill, I’ve been acting like a spoiled brat JIVE TURKEY all damned day! I’m doing my best to stop, though.

Give yourself a break-you are a great daughter!!! Better you come here and act like a spoiled JIVE TURKEY than bitch to Mom and Dad!!! Get it out of your system and you will be good as a new JIVE TURKEY tomorrow!!!!

• stellastars21 says:

To me not only is Karent annoying but she’s arrogant. When Joanna was telling her Adriana was going to confront her she’s mentioned that Karent didn’t even know how to spell the artist name (which is think a normal person would take to mean that since she didn’t know his name she only took the picture to say she was with someone famous) Karents response was If she wants to go head to head on education I’m the doctor. I hate it when people think that because they chose an avenue of education for a career that puts them above others. People who aren’t doctors can be very educated and have a depth of knowledge on a wide variety of topics. Also when Alexia got upset that Karent brought up her son Karent kept smiling (more like smirking) at Alexia. So no I don’t like Karent I don’t even now her and only see her like 5 mins a week. Lol.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

You bring up good points. Karent automatically took it to mean that Adriana was calling her “stupid,” which she was NOT.

Adriana was simply saying that she asked to take a picture with the guy just because she gathered that he was a “big deal” and some type of “celebrity” based on Adriana’s reaction to him and the respect he seemed to garner from those around him at that time.

So, just because he was a celebrity, she wanted to “collect” him (like her other celebrity clients and friends that she MAKES SURE everybody KNOWS she KNOWS) and tweet it to the world to say, “Hey….look, you guys!! I’m so important that I know THIS celebrity too!!”

Karent is NOT one of these, but I used to know girls in college and when I lived in New Orleans that were what many people called “Star F*ckers.” Getting celebrity notches on their bedpost was some BIG deal to them (when, in reality, after SO MANY TIMES and SO MANY DIFFERENT ONES without any REAL relationships resulting from same….it kinda made them look like HO’s with low self-esteem. *Shrug*).

Karent is NOT a “Star F*cker,” but she is DEFINITELY a “Star Collector” and a “Name Dropper.” I can see how that would be annoying.

There’s another part of her that seems a little sweet, though, especially with her parents.

And, there is YET another part of her that seems PLUMB STUPID when it comes to Rodolfo. He is SOOOOO NOT into her, but she acts like they’re engaged and going to be married any day now.

You know, if I were watching this as my first housewives show ever, I would think Karent deserved all of this mean girl crap. But we know the formula…somehow one wife gets chosen to be the punching bag for everyone else. There’s probably some truth to the pecking order theory (like Jill said) and Karent doesn’t give a crap! Plus the producers are encouraging this to create drama. To give the viewers people to hate/love/sympathize with,…etc.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

This is true. I guess I’m just falling for the ol’ BRAVO “okey-doke” again. BRAVO is EVIL. Yet, still I watch. CRYSTAL METH and CRACK are evil. Yet people STILL take these drugs over and over despite knowing the negatives. BRAVO is CRACK, and I’m now a BRAVO CRACK HO! *Shrug*

9. jeang says:

I mean she is a dentist with a publicist…..really? I dont think they are jealous, I think she comes on too strong and they are taken aback. Some of the things she does are annoying as well. Thanks Detox for the BBW updates, you are so thorough…..I watched them last year but havent so far this year due to all the other shows but will catch up when my other shows end. If you have a cable connection in your temporary room, I am sure you could find a realy cheapo tv at goodwill or salvation army that would work for you temporarily. Take care of yourself and your family.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

Yeah, that’s probably what it is about her. They probably see her as a bit desperate and “try-to-hard.”

You’re welcome for the BBW updates. If my t.v. situation does not improve, I am either going to have to give the blog up or provide the blog after it becomes available online at the VH1 site. VH1 is not like MTV, though. MTV has the video of any show on its network up within 24 hours. VH1 takes a little longer.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll figure something out. There are PLENTY of people who have MUCH worse problems. I mean, here I am finally being able to BREATHE so much easier (Knock wood) with NO cough today (Knock wood) after suffering with Walking Pneumonia and a fractured rib from coughing so hard for a few weeks.

So I should just SHUT UP; STOP WHINING; and be THANKFUL for those things, you know?
      I mean, being without a t.v. is not so bad in the overall scheme of possible life problems.

• jeang says:

I know you have been through so much lately and even I know you are a strong person but that enough to take the best of us down. After my husband was diagnosed with cancer I got walking pneumonia but still had to take him for radiation all those days and then I had a heart attack and bypass surgery. After I came home from hospital, 4 days later he died. I survived and so will you. Be strong as you are awesome to do all you do.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

After everything YOU have been through, you say I have been through a lot???!!! Jeang, my stuff is B.S. and NOTHING compared to everything YOU have been through.

You’re my hero, Jeang. SERIOUSLY. (((jeang)))

I wish we all live closer to each other. We could take turns with “stuff” like this.

• jeang says:

All I did was step up and do what I had to do, same as you. It has to be done and you are and have been doing the same. You are my hero too. Too many times these days people shuffle their folks into hospital and nursing homes. That wasnt an option for me even in his last days I knew he didnt want to be anywhere but here and thanks to my mother, sister, son and others as well as hospice he was home when he died. You, out of all your family stepped up as well. I know God will bless you/ You are an awesome daughter. .

(((jeang)))

10. jeang says:

Poor Alexia, I think she is now out of state at some other rehabilitation place with him. Kind of hard for especially now with her oldest thug of a spoiled brat son.

• That is sad for Alexia. I wonder if the older brother, not having his mom around to discipline him (where’s the dad???), he’s getting into trouble for attention. It’s so hard to raise kids with 2 parents, I don’t know what I would do if I was alone. And I am absolutely positive my son would give me a much harder time, without my husband. Raising kids is really hard, you only have so much control over them. Once they are past around the age of 12, their friends have more say over what they do then the parents. Then there’s the kid’s DNA. It’s hard to fight their nature, even with the most skillful nurturing. Even the best parents can have a problem teen. My sister one angel, but the older daughter was the devil during her teen years. Now the older daughter is doing great, she’s in college and realizing her potential. But it took her years of low wage jobs to finally get the umph to go to college. She didn’t think she was smart enough. Turns out she is really smart, but IMO a tad lazy. She has a lot of talent as a photographer though, and she’s doing well in college. Alexia needs to get her elder son help, to understand why he’s acting out. It’s never too late to help someone, but it’s going to take years to turn him around.

I forgot Miami was on. I’ll catch the rerun this weekend. I’m on Twitter and Alexia’s son Peter is on their saying he started a Twitter for his little brother. Alexia retweeted it. I would think Peter should be maintaining a low profile & nit be on Twitter.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

THANK YOU!! Peter needs to be doing some community service with the HOMELESS (like at a soup kitchen or something) until his court date (and AFTER). If I were Alexia, I would STOP ANY bankrolling I’d been doing for him in the past.

He would be back, living at home, and working at Wal-Mart if he HAD to!

You and me both. Personally I think all kids should be doing something like that.

• jeang says:

I sure hope Alexia and Herman have confiscated his car, phone, and credit card and put him on house arrest.

• Personally, I think he really needs to learn a lesson. I wonder if this arrest will be on his permanent record? That’s going to really screw him up for the rest of his life. Future employers, mortgage banks, etc. are going to being doing background checks on him, so his criminal record will haunt him. That’s what these dummies don’t get, that their actions have re-actions that can affect them for the rest of their lives. Now if mommy tells him “don’t worry, I’ll take care of you” then he has no motivation at all. He will just continue to be a dirtbag, because mommy will continue to bankroll him. In a lot of ways, Alexia is enabling him if this is her response to his bad behavior.

I’m looking at that dang on Tamar Braxton on Tamar & Vince. That girl is crazy. A funny crazy. My mom said if she was her sis she’d have to kill her.

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

I could not have Tamar as a sister either, but I LOVE her! I love all “The Braxtons,” actually. Their dynamic is very funny and moving and compelling.

Toni is the quiet, more subdued, a bit bossy older sister.

Tracey is the one who always feels like an outcast because she’s a little chubby, and she could not be in a group they once had because she got pregnant (She’s STILL not over it, and her “baby” is about 15 years old now). She is also, in the words of Tamar (and other family members who agreed), “a HOOD RAT.” They made her get etiquette lessons in Season 1. It was hilarious.

Trina is the one that is on the verge of being an alcoholic. She got a D.U.I. in Season 1, and they made her take her wig off for her mugshot, and it was HILARIOUS. She DID smile and look a bit DRUNK in the mugshot, but her hair was matted down in such away that she looked like a damned runaway slave. Her sisters basically laughed their asses off and told her the same thing. She has a husband that has cheated on her CONSTANTLY. Tamar HATES HIS GUTS, and he HATES HER GUTS RIGHT back. Last season, Trina FINALLY separated from him, and Tamar did a damned DANCE when Trina told her because she was so happy. It was NOT to last, though. They had a re-commitment ceremony at the end of this past season, and Trina looked like she wanted to SHOOT everybody in the damned place — STARTING with Gabe (Trina’s husband).

Towanda is the calm, level-headed, people-pleasing, responsible one that has a hard time telling ANYBODY “NO,” particularly her husband who has not managed to have a job in YEARS because he SAYS he is an author that needs to devote all of his time to his “craft.” He has done this for YEARS — with not even ONE book produced YET. Tamar HATES him too, and he cannot STAND her either. According to Tamar, Andre’ (Towanda’s husband) “ain’t nothin’ but a damned BABYSITTER!!”

Then there is Tamar, the baby of the family, who is in a class all her own. Vince is VERY rich, but he “handles” her. He lets her go so far, but then he puts his foot down, and she sits down and shuts up!

Not that I ever really watched the show or anything. *Shrug* 😉

• I Need A Housewives' Detox Program says:

Oops, I meant to say that TAMAR looked like she wanted to shoot everybody in the damned place (at Trina and Gabe’s Re-Commitment Ceremony).

Cityside you are killing us!

49ers win! 🙂