Frankenstorm / Dancing with the Stars

To Contact FEMA in NY or NJ:

FemaRegion2  #NY #NJ impacted by #Sandy, for FEMA call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or go online at http://www.disasterassistance.gov/

News

New York:

Statement from Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Chairman Joseph J. Lhota on Service Recovery
The New York City subway system is 108 years old, but it has never faced a disaster as devastating as what we experienced last night. Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on our entire transportation system, in every borough and county of the region. It has brought down trees, ripped out power and inundated tunnels, rail yards and bus depots. As of last night, seven subway tunnels under the East River flooded. Metro-North Railroad lost power from 59th Street to Croton-Harmon on the Hudson Line and to New Haven on the New Haven Line. The Long Island Rail Road evacuated its West Side Yards and suffered flooding in one East River tunnel. The Hugh L. Carey Tunnel is flooded from end to end and the Queens Midtown Tunnel also took on water and was closed. Six bus garages were disabled by high water. We are assessing the extent of the damage and beginning the process of recovery. Our employees have shown remarkable dedication over the past few days, and I thank them on behalf of every New Yorker. In 108 years, our employees have never faced a challenge like the one that confronts us now. All of us at the MTA are committed to restoring the system as quickly as we can to help bring New York back to normal.

New York City Mayor’s Office

If you have water coming out of your faucet, it is safe to drink. #Sandy

Surge peaked at 13.88 ft at the Battery, now down to 9.81 ft & going down. Flood issues improving. Power and other serious issues remain.

Our first responders are doing an outstanding job. All New Yorkers owe them thanks. #Sandy

Mayor: Things have gotten tough, but we will get through this together, as New York City always does. #Sandy

Mayor: Most New Yorkers have followed our advice. The cooperation we have received has been great. #Sandy

New Jersey

Governor Christi:

The surge was so strong we have rail cars on the Jersey Turnpike this morning.

The devastation on the Jersey Shore is some of the worst we’ve ever seen.

New Jersey is a tough place. We will dig out from under and we will be back.

Rising above politics: I want to thank the President personally for all his assistance as w recover from the storm.

_____________________________________

Seems silly to Recap Housewife News when so many People have been affected by the storm – but here goes – NMD

Taylor Armstrong called into a radio show sounding drunk (slurred her way through the interview) according to a report on Gather.  Read it Here  Some highlight:

I’m in Mexico and I’m so happy, you have no idea. It’s sunny, it’s fabulous. It looks just like Australia,” Taylor says. Then, in an Australian accent, she adds, “I love Australia so much, and it’s just like being in Australia, being in Mexico.” She seems to be clearly drunk during the interview and even presses a button by accident at one point.

She goes on to announce, “I have met the love of my life. He’s amazing, he’s perfect, he’s everything I’ve ever wanted in my life… He’s diving in the pool right now, and he’s the most beautiful man I’ve ever met in my life.” However, fans won’t be seeing him any time soon. Why, one might ask? Taylor says, “He has to work because he has to make a lot of money in order to support me!”

Kenya Moore dishes on her brawl with NeNe Leakes that is being shown in the previews for the upcoming season of Real Housewives of Atlanta. This is what she has to say: “Listen we were in Anguilla,” she says of the incident. “There were people that were being rude, obnoxious, distasteful, and that doesn’t sit well with me and so I had a very visceral response and NeNe was definitely a part of that … It’s definitely an episode that people will want to watch.”

_________________________________________

Basketball Wives LA will be in the blog tomorrow.  Detox is okay – she’s just without a T.V. and has to watch it when it gets posted online.

_________________________________________

Week 6 Dancing With The Stars, All-Stars, Country Night By COCFarm

First of all, I feel a little creepy watching the east coast flood on the news as I am typing up DWTS, as though anyone really cares.  I hope everyone is as well as can be expected with Sandy making a mess of lives out there.  Please stay safe.

Okay, so here goes the trivial.

It was country night on DWTS.  All it meant is that they had to put a country twist on their assigned dances.  Gilles was the first one up and Carrie Ann used a big rope to tie herself to her chair so she wouldn’t fall out of it as she had done last week.  He did a pretty good job in his shinny tight pants, but I guess I’m growing tired of him.  He gets a 27.5 on his cha cha.

Sabrina rumbas away with a perfect score and I thought it was deserved.  She really got the emotion of the dance. She is followed up by Kelly who is told her tango has redeemed her from last week, but the 27 score does not get her out of the basement.  She is still the person at the bottom of the leader board and Sabrina is still the top.

Melissa gets a near perfect on her waltz with a 29.5 and I wonder if she has any body fat whatsoever!  Shawn brings the sexy to her cha cha and gets a 28.  Kirstie gets RAVES for her Rumba, which I do not understand.  She gets a 27.5 which does not seem right at all but then I started to wonder if it has been predetermined that she is going home tomorrow night and this is an opportunity for the judges to let her go out on a high.  If not, I will be ticked, and seriously confused by their scores.

Apolo also redeems himself from last week with a perfect 30 on his waltz.  I thought it was a fabulous effort and he deserved the score.

And last but not least is Emmitt with his foxtrot.  He scores the lowest points of the night with a 26.5 but I have to say the man really brought it with his solo dance.  A lesser man would have questioned those dance moves.

My judging has Kirstie going home tomorrow with Emmitt on the runway for the following week.  After that, it gets harder.

So scores are added to last weeks tally for a total potential of 90 points.  After the group dance, which was fun, a one point bonus can be given to one of the dancers.  It is awarded to Kirstie with Len…Len of all people, saying he loved the way she beat on Maks’ bum.  Hmm.  If she isn’t going home tomorrow, I will really be shocked.  The only way I see Len giving her this point is because he knew she was going home.

Here are the scores from last week with the scores from this week added on for a total score of 90 points possible.

Team ‘Gangnam Style’

• Kirstie & Maks, quick-step:  25.5 + 27 = 52.5 +27.5 + 1 =81/90
  • Emmitt & Cheryl, samba: 29.5 + 27 = 56.5 +26.5 = 82.5/90
  • Gilles & Peta, rumba: 29.5 + 27 = 56.5 + 27.5 = 84/90
  • Kelly & Val, samba: 24.5 + 27 = 51.5 + 27 = 78.5/90

Team ‘Call Me Maybe’

• Melissa & Tony, tango: 27 + 29.5 = 56.5 + 29.5 = 86/90
  • Apolo & Karina, samba: 27 + 29.5 = 56.5 + 30 = 86.5/90
  • Shawn & Derek, rumba: 27 + 29.5 = 56.5 + 28 = 84.5/90
  • Sabrina & Louie, waltz: 29 + 29.5 = 58.5 + 30 = 88.5/90

Next week the remaining 7 will dance fusion with the type of fusion dance being selected by competitors again as they were a few weeks ago.

See you all safe and sound back here tomorrow!

_________________________________________

Tuesday Night Lineup, Oct. 30 by BB

8PM – NCIS (CBS); The Voice (NBC); Dancing with the Stars All Stars (ABC); Hart of Dixie (CW); Raising Hope/Ben and Kate (Fox); Doomsday Preppers (NatGeo); Holmes on Holmes (DIY); Giuliana and Bill (Style)

9PM – NCIS Los Angeles (CBS); Happy Endings/Don’t Trust the B (ABC); Emily Owens, MD (CW); New Girl/Mindy Project (Fox); Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition (Lifetime); Teen Mom 2 Catch Up Special (MTV); 19 Kids and Counting (TLC); Alaska, the Last Frontier (Discovery); Face Off (SYFY); The Men Who Built America (History); Hard Time (NatGeo); Tia and Tamera (Style); Animal Intervention (NatGeoWild)

10PM – Flipping Out (Bravo); Vegas (CBS); Go On/New Normal (NBC); Private Practice (ABC); Prank My Mom (Lifetime); Sons of Anarchy (FX); Covert Affairs (USA); Underemployed (MTV); Extreme Cheapskate (TLC); Fighting Tuna (Discovery); Total Blackout/Viral Video (SYFY); When Teens Kill (E!); Ink Master (Spike); Oprah Where Are they Now – Hanson (OWN); Taboo (NatGeo); I Hate My Bath (DIY); The Baby Wait (LOGO); Chicagolicious (Style)

11PM – WWHL Mark Consuelos and Ryan Murphy (Bravo)

________________________________

East coasters please check in when your power is restored.   (((((Hugs)))))) to everyone as they dig out of the mess and please stay safe around downed electrical wires!

This entry was posted in Dancing With the Stars. Bookmark the permalink.

303 Responses to Frankenstorm / Dancing with the Stars

1. Iowagirl says:

Hope our east coast friends are all well, you are in my prayers.

2. Kansas Girl says:

The sun’s coming up and I hope the day that greets you is peaceful and full of pleasant surprises. Particularly on the east coast! Here’s our list:
    Exit4 —————– Shamrockblonde
    Jill NNTJ ———— lori ——————- I Don’t Believe in Unicorns
    KTinCT————— NJBev ————— NorthEast Lurker
    Plainviewsue —– WSL & WSM——- Bluesky1forever
    butterisafruit —– Eve——————- Queen Butter Bean
    Powell ————— Delighted————Trudie’s daughter
    LavaLady ———— Vilzvet —————Lainey’s son in Brooklyn
    Christi —————- Maryla————— RealHousewifeVA
    Chismosa ———– Sus——————- NorthEasternGirl
    Boobah ————– Boston02127—— One More in Boston
    Just Wondering in Jersey & the tree in her yard that MUST NOT FALL
    New England Girl’s family & patients
    ATLnNYC09 ramonacoaster

Safe: BB, Nancy’s family,

Let us know when you’re in the all-clear.

• trudie says:

Kansas, you can take my daughter off the list. She has informed me that she has wine and Halloween candy and is just fine!

• butterisafruit says:

I’m OKAY, I can be removed from the list…Thanks Kansas Girl..Our own Storm Secretary.

• RealHousewifeVA says:

Hi all, we are in the clear here in NoVA. Thankfully it wasn’t as bad as we expected (one local newscaster told us to call our loved ones and tell them we love them!). Lots of wind and rain overnight, but the power stayed on and when I woke up it was completely still outside. Hope everyone is safe!

• Boobah says:

All clear out on Long Island! KG, you did such a wonderful thing by collecting names and issuing updates! That was really thoughtful. Thank you.

There is damage here of course. Trees down, power outages, flooding. But we managed fine. There is still some wind and they are calling for thunderstorms. But the worst has come and gone.

Thanks everyone for helping me feel calm. You have no idea how much that helped. I am so wimpy in bad weather that I feel foolish.

Oxoxox

• Kansas Girl says:

Oh good! I was just noticing we’d not heard from anyone on LI yet and figured you’d all lost power. Glad you’re ok.

i’m in Long Island and i wasn’t aware anyone on LI has not lost power. That is amazing Boobah— we went scouring for more gasoline for our generator today and there were lines and lines at the gas stations. You are so lucky! Are you Suffolk? I’m shocked there are areas with power.
          we have almost 1 million customers on LI without power, you my friend, are LUCKY

• Boobah says:

Oops…i didnt mean to imply I had power. Hell, we lost it at 210pm yesterday! No one I know has power! It’s a mess here…I meant to say that there is damage including major power outages. More than 80% of my township in suffolk is without power and we might not get it back for a week! Maybe more.
            There was major damage to some of my family’s houses. 3 ft of water and sand inside the houses that my hubby helped bail out today. The roof of a another person’s house washed up on the beach of my family’s house which was about a mile away – I guess the roof just floated right across the bay!
            I see that I made light of the damage. I’m sorry chismosa. I think I’m trying to block it out. And in light of the damage to NJ, our town had it easy. We all know that we were very lucky. Very humbling.
            Where are you from on LI?

No Boobah, i never meant to imply you made ‘light’ of this. You AIN’T NO LAUREN MANZO.

I just misunderstood if you had power. I wonder if ANY SINGLE PERSON in Long Island has power. That’d be interesting to find out.

please be safe– i’m on the north shore, nassau, near Manhasset/ Port Washington area. Not directly near water. So i’m safe. But trees and all that jazz did happen near me. But today so many people in my neighborhood are sauntering around outside to see the damage to other houses. It’s funny to see so many walking around cause not many do that here day-to-day.

Don’t apologize, my apologies for misreading your post. I replied downthread about generator-stuff.

Good luck

• Boobah says:

((Chismosa)) I’m so glad you are safe! I heard it was bad your way. I think your right…I haven’t heard of anyone having power. What a mess. I’m all the way east on the north fork.

And NO I am no Lauren Manzo!! LOL!! That was a really insensitive tweet that she put out there. I wonder if there was any damage her way.

I’ll check down thread re: generator. Thanx!

Boohah, there’s nothing foolish about how you felt! Glad to hear you are okay!

• trudie says:

Glad to hear you are safe.

• Boobah says:

Thank you! How’s your daughter? Where is she? My prayers go out to her. This was a helluva storm!

• Stars99 says:

Boobahahahahahahahaha…….so, so glad you’re safe! We were worried about you… Say hi to Mr. Booohahahahahaha…. = )

• Boobah says:

SuperStars99!!!! Man o’ Man, have I missed ya! Hope all is well with you. I miss the chat room! Rumor has it that QBB let GBB out of the closet! Victory for all!
          Oxoxoxoxoxo

• Boobah says:

And thank you for your thoughts. The storm freaked me out but I’m good. Mr. Boobah says hi right back.

• Sus says:

I’m here – no damage and no power loss 🙂

Our power company has been trimming trees for 6 months. I can’t help but feel this helped tremendously

• Kansas Girl says:

Fabulous! I’m sure the trimmed trees made a difference and I guess that’s exactly why they do this. Tho around here the trees look like they had a bad haircut when the power company gets done.

• trudie says:

Good news!

• KTinCT says:

Doing fine here in CT…. Actually never lost power just lost some fencing the wind took, my flagpole was ripped off my house and have some limbs off the trees. I think being in the center of the state really saved me from major damage while the shoreline was hammered 😦

Good Morning-I hope all the other East Coast people are doing ok. Out in the car charging my phone and drinking tea(thank God I have a gas stove). We have very minimal damage, mostly broken branches and no power. Most of my city is without power this morning so I’m sure I will be out for a while.
    Now it’s time to clean up!!!
    Hope everyone on the East Coast checks in soon!!

The sun is trying to peep throught the clouds here. I was very fortunate. No power outages or damage to any of my property in VA. Schools and businesses will be open today, some opening late. We have a neighbor at the Outer Banks who said she would call us if there was any trouble around our house there and we haven’t heard anything from her so we’re assuming no damage there. I know there are others in the LynnFam who have not been as fortunate. I pray you are all safe and will let us know as soon as possible that you are OK when you are able.

Great to hear from you Jill.

Good to hear from you BB and Jill. Stay safe. Hope everyone else starts checking in.

Good morning. I hope everyone is safe and from the words of Mel Gorga, “Thank you baby Jesus” that Sandy will be leaving us. I have not been so happy for the night to end. I just kept listening to that wind. I didn’t lose power. I’m so so happy.

8. ATLnNYC09 says:

Morning everyone from Queens, NY. Im still here. Never lost power but the subway system is completely flooded. Thanks for all of your prayers and positive thoughts.

• Kansas Girl says:

Yay! You didn’t want to go anywhere anyway, did ya? LOL! Glad you’re safe.

• Stars99 says:

So glad you’re safe!

• trudie says:

The pictures from the subway are crazy! Can’t imagine how long it will take to get them operational again.

• Boobah says:

Happy to hear you’re okay. The damage to the metro system is unprecedented! Glad you have power! When should I come over? Lol!
      There were some pretty bad fires in Queens and an explosion! Hope you weren’t anywhere near that!

who would have ever thought this would happen to the subway? Glad you are well!!!

9. Morning folks,
    We’re in pretty good shape at our house – some leaves and branches strewn around the yard and the hose came off the downspout from the gutter. We have a cold, steady rain at our house

Our power flickered several times last night, but we never lost power for any extended period of time. Powell, I’m glad the Pepco God was good to you! How are other Pepco folks faring?

For all you guys further north, I hope you’re safe and get your power restored soon.

• Kansas Girl says:

Should I ask why your downspout has a hose? LOL! Glad you’re ok!

• trudie says:

I think I can actually answer that one! We have hoses on our downspouts to move the water away from the house so it doesn’t pool at the foundation.

• Kansas Girl says:

Oh. We have either a section of downspout attached that goes out a yard or so (thought to be unsightly and old fashioned — of course that’s what I have) or big black bendable tubes, or (in the modern and more expensive areas) they put pvc pipe underground to a drain or collection area. Thus, my confusion.

• Stars99 says:

Bows before the queenie of all the jelly beanies and is sooooOOooooo thankful you’re okay!

• Boobah says:

Wow – that’s great news QBB! I’m really glad you had minimal damage.

hooray for QBB – so happy to hear you guys are doing well!!

10. LavaLady says:

Good Morning all: reporting from northern NJ. We have no power; have been out since 7PM last night. The wind was terrible last night. We have about 3 trees down. Almost whole town with power. I’m at my sisters using her electricity for a bit.

No word on our beach house in Lavallette, in southern NJ. No way to get there. No way to drive LavaDaughter back to Brooklyn; no way for LavaSon to drive back to college in southern NJ.

We need lots of patience. Don’t know if schools will be open tomorrow. That’s where I work. Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes.

• Kansas Girl says:

But you’re ok! All the rest is stuff that can be solved. Besides, another day with the kids! Glad to know all is well.

• Stars99 says:

Awww, hot one… I’m so sorry that has been so tough… hope power gets restored soon and that you find out the damage is minimal… stay safe, my friend! = )

LavaLady It’s so good you all are ok. Watching GMA this morning & I just feel for all dealing w/evacuating, flooded homes, fires, AtlCity boardwalk is forever changed. They sad there was 125ft of beach now 25ft. NY subway is flooded, the hospital where Dr Oz works had to evacuate, the 14 people the Coast Guard rescued, 1dead, 1 they haven’t found. And I don’t want to mention these names but it just pisses me off that Lauren Manzo & Lindsay Lohan are “so tired of hearing about the storm”. If I had them in front of me I’d slap them both. Sorry. I don’t advocate violence either but comments like that just make me crazy. We don’t know the full impact yet but Sandy was disastrous.

• trudie says:

Glad everyone is ok and that the kids are safe.

My hubs is outside blowing leaves (into the wood across the street, not into the street). Lol.
    My youngest is in the middle of a snow storm in SW VA. 6 inches and expecting alot more. She lost power at about 1 this morning and got it back about 6. Hopefully she will keep power. She has a gas fireplace for warmth just in case.

• Kansas Girl says:

Crazy, this weather! The contrasts are so odd. End of the world? End of summer? LOL! A friend’s son just moved to Chicago for graduate school. I keep telling him to warn his son about cold and wind. Neither believe me. I just laugh. I suspect he’s finding out today that ol’ Kansas knew what she was talking about!

Crazy weather alright. KG your friend’s son better heed your warning. All the past winter’s weather that I’ve seen on the news has been brutal for Chicago. I hope he has a good coat, hat, boots, gloves, scarf. Yikes!

Safe and sound here! No damage, never lost power. Some parts of town did bu we got lucky! Seems that Halloween will go on tomorrow as planned!

North Jersey seems to have gotten hit harder than south jersey. The shore certainly got pounded, but North Jersey, like in Irene, got the brunt. No word on the shore house. We know its intact, just how much, if any, water got in the garage. Saw on the news that our streets have 1 foot of sand in them! And no power. But we’ll be okay!

So I can come off the list! Hope everyone else is making it through!

Yay!

That’s good Exit. It’s great the kids can have their Halloween as scheduled where you are. The Gov said he may sign a Proclamation. That’ll also be good for the kids in the areas hit the hardest.

I spoke to soon! They rescheduled for Friday in school and in town. That’s actually easier then mid-week! Silver lining!

13. Eastbayca says:

Glad everyone is doing fine…in my neck of the woods we got strong winds and rain throughout the night.
    Was on twitter and it looks like Silex are not getting a break from some people, all they did is twit all is well in there household/neighborhood and some folks called them insensitive boasters.

14. LaineyLainey says:

DETOX is ok!!!! Opened my email inbox and had some replies from her. Maybe somebody else has heard from her too? I know it wasn’t just I sending her the “Where are you?” emails. She has been very busy. She had an aunt recently hospitalized who is now home with a home health care nurse who comes around to help out. Detox and her mom were coming an going to and from the hospital and now to and from her aunt’s house. She has been busy with her contract work and celebrating her Dad’s birthday (who is back at work). She said she’ll be back on the blog tomorrow. What a great way to start the day! 🙂

This is good to know.

• Lisa Renee says:

Thanks Lainey, I am so glad she was just busy 🙂 thanks for the update. I know she is thrilled her Dad went back to work. I think it is so cool y’all email each other. Are you still able to talk to your son?? Can we take him off the list? Lisa

• RealHousewifeVA says:

Wow, I was just going to post asking if anyone talked to her! Glad to hear!

Lainey-I just opened an email from Detox as well!! I was so relieved!!!

Thks Lainey. I posted below asking before I read your comments. Well I’m glad she & her mom and dad are ok. I pray her aunt will recover.

• trudie says:

Glad Detox is accounted for!

Lainey, how is your son?

15. Delighted says:

We’re up and powered..lots of limbs down, etc. but very fortunate…best to all!

16. Good Morning! I am so very glad to see those of you posting that still have power and made it through ok. You have all been so brave!! I hope we continue to hear throughout the day from others on the list.

The aftermath and clean up will be difficult, but the best news is that people themselves are ok. And I am so glad to hear Detox is alright….though I may give her a hearty spanking for thinking she can not post for a week and we would not miss her or worry about her!

My heart, love and hugs go out to everyone! I believe that all our prayers and good energy helped this not to become a worse disaster than it was. Way to go everybody!

No new post today. Caraaazy day today, so I will check back later. 🙂

17. Cathy Connor says:

Am sending prayers and love to all of LynnsFam !! So wonderful to see the love ,care and concern for each other ! Lynn would be so proud of the lovely family she created, who love each other so much and have each others back…. Sincerly, Cathy Connor (Lynns sister) P.S. I hope NJBEV got my message yesterday if anyone is in contact with her please tell her Thank You from me and my family.

• Kansas Girl says:

Thanks, Cathy! We love you too. NJBev has not posted yet, but perhaps someone is in email contact with her. I’m sure there are power outages that are preventing people from checking in this morning.

Thks for thinking about us Cathy.

• Cathy Connor says:

I read everyday, I will never forget the outpouring of love and support we got and I am now praying everyone here is doing well and It is so beautiful to see you all caring for each other ! My heart swells for all of you wonderful folks . I applaud you everyone here what a fantastic legacy my sister has left behind…..HUGS

• Amber...Real Wife says:

Your sister was a wonderful and compassionate lady. She started a blog where the posters became an extended family something that is uncommon in this cyberworld. We think of her when we post, what she would have written, how she would extinguish the fires and do short work of trolls. We miss her so much and thank you for sharing your sister with all of us.

18. Christi44 says:

You can take me off the list…it went further north of us than they originally predicted (my parents are okay now too).

Thinking of those who were in the thick of it and for the families of those who lost their lives.

19. LaineyLainey says:

As of late last night, my son still had power in Brooklyn. Let’s take him off the list! What a relief!! I guess the subway system should be on our list now.

Yea! 🙂

• Kansas Girl says:

Yay! I bet he’s out exploring today. You’ll be getting pictures when he checks in.

Yeah, that subway system. Ooof, what a chore to bail that out. Ick!

Anyone heard from WSL?

Lainey-glad your son is GOOD!!!

Great news Lainey! I remember taking the train in Brooklyn as a child when I lived there. My mom just can’t believe how Sandy has taken out the system. I guess it’ll be at least a few weeks before it’s back up. It’s going to be hard on the New Yorkers.

Excellent news Lainey!!

20. melthehound says:

Good afternoon/morning everybody. I’m happy to see those of you reporting in are in one piece. To those who didn’t suffer much storm damage, Whew… To those who did, I hope your losses aren’t too great. My thoughts are with all of you.

21. so glad to hear from so many that they are alright. believe me the sand can be cleared from the roads faster than you realize. this has been an horrible storm and i pray for safety for a the clean up and for the families that lost ppl in the storm. 17 deaths are awful but it could have been so much worse. after katrina we lost power for 3 weeks and it’s amazing how quickly we fell into a routine based around no electricity. before that i would have thought we could not live without it but we did and we made some very good friends by helping each other. love to all, debi

22. Kansas Girl says:

It’s almost noon here. Well, 25 minutes to go, but I’m thinking about lunch and bribing myself to wait till I get a little more done. Here’s where we stand so far:
    Not reported yet:

BB (beach house probably ok) ———————Nancy’s family
    Jill NNTJ—————Queen Butter Bean———–ATLnNYC09
    Trudie’s daughter– Lainey’s son in Brooklyn—–Boobah
    Powell—————– Butterisafruit—————— Delighted
    Exit4 – no word on shore house———————RealHousewifeVA
    Christi44————– LavaLady – no word on beach house

Lunchtime here too 🙂 Eve posted on yesterdays…well actually 3am today and it seems she is okay, here’s what she said:
      “No power and lots of trees down but no flooding as predicted. I faced mandatory evac of my house but went there this am. Had to take a tricky route because of trees but luckily all ok when I got there.
      southeastern CT”

• Kansas Girl says:

I remember seeing that! I think I wrote myself a sticky note and left it on the home computer. Or something like that. Thanks and I’ll move her to “safe”.

I will try to contact PlainviewSue via twitter

No Detox yet? 😦

24. Pghemtchick says:

Just popping in to send prayers and hugs to all those who are going thru this storm hell. We’ve had high winds and rain for what seems like forever. It’s still raining out, but as of a few hours ago we lost our flood warning. Guess there was someone watching over the lil section I live in cause 2 towns over (5-10 min car ride) is flooded and now is dealing with the massive snow. I still have my fingers crossed that misses us as well. Hurry and check in those still missing. ❤ and praying TLM and others who don't post as often/if not anymore are safe I think she was in Philly.

Pchick-I was just going to send u a tweet-glad u are ok!!

• Kansas Girl says:

I’m putting you on the safe list, even tho we never got you on the hurricane list. Sorry about that and glad to know you’re ok. There is snow so close and none at your house? Amazing. This is one crazy storm!

Pchick that great the flood warning was cancelled.

25. on a blog note, i told my hubby about duck dynasty. what i had read here made me want to watch it. once we started we could not stop. i don’t think i’ve seen him laugh so much in a long time. he is a very proud redneck and loved all of the pple but identified the most with the grandpas. the one that let the girls dress him up and then when the other had put together the little house but there was no window so he picks up the chainsaw and makes them a window. hubby laughed so hard because he could identify with these as he says “very good and smart rednecks.” so much better than dukes of hazard sterotype.
    be safe everyone love, debi

• melthehound says:

😀

• stellastars21 says:

I love Duck Dynasty. My favorites are Uncle Si and Phil (the boys’ dad). They are the funniest and have the most wisdom out of them all. I could just watch that show all day.

I hope everyone on the East Coast will be well. I saw upthread that a lot are safe and doing ok so that is good. I hope the other’s damages, if there are any, won’t be too hard or expensive to deal with. That storm was wicked awful. I’ve been talking to my friend in Philly and although her cousin lost power she didn’t and doesn’t seem to have damage.

I haven’t been keeping up w/it. Every time I see a promo commercial it just cracks me up. They just seem like a fun family.

• Stars99 says:

So glad that you enjoy Duck Dynasty… I’ve seen some of them more than once… and they still having me laffin’ so hard…

• Kansas Girl says:

I’m going to have to watch. I think it sounds fun. Motorcycle Man said it didn’t pass the one minute test with him. So that means I’ve GOTTA watch. LOL. Because my sense of humor is so much more refined (or possibly so much stupider).

• Stars99 says:

Grandmadebers – What a GREAT comment – so glad you are enjoying Duck Dynasty! It is such an amusing show to me… it just cracks me up! The timing of your comment was just perfect… = )

we lost power last nite around 7 pm and still do not have it back as yet – I am at work right now – lots to do here, and I get to do it with a hot cup of tea and time spent with you – no real damage to the house, thank goodness just no power – I brought in the twins’ computer to charge so that they can watch a movie tonight – we are ok so you can take me off the list – all those affected remain in my prayers – keep calm and carry on – you will get through it – my love to you all, and a special thanks to Lynn’s sister for checking in with us – it meant more than you know –

*hugs entire board really hard*

• Kansas Girl says:

Yay! Glad you’re ok. Hug those twins from all of us. (As they go “ew, Mom!”. LOL!)

• Cathy Connor says:

I do read everyday but dont always post my thoughts are with you all and I can never thank you all enough for all the support we received at such a devestating time ! A quick update Lynns son Bobbys playing football and his team is doing well. His grades are great, he had a nice Birthday Oct 7th his 12th I took him for dinner his fav resteraunt Red Lobster that boy can eat cleaned his plate lol and a basket of cheddar biscuits . Thanks again and prayers and thoughts for everyones safety ! Love, Cathy

• shamrockblonde says:

thanks for the update Cathy – I’m glad that his Birthday was a happy – and filling – one! – I know Lynn is very proud of him – and of you! – be well – be happy, and know that we here keep you and all your care – especially Bobby – in our hearts –

I glad Bobby is doing so well. Thks for the update Cathy. 🙂

Thanks so much for the update, Cathy 🙂

Thanks for the update, Cathy.

Shamrock I’m glad you all are ok. Bummer about the power but you sure had your mom hat on when you left this AM. Good thinking taking the kids laptop to work to charge. They will be quiet for a couple of hrs tonight. 🙂

• trudie says:

Shamrock, glad you are safe. So smart to charge the twins’ computer!

27. Sus says:

Taylor’s interview. I can’t believe she’s going to be on RHOBH

I can’t fathom they’re having her back. She is SO wasted in this interview…listening to that reminds me of the way Anna Nicole sounded in interviews before her overdose.

• Sus says:

Great analogy. I hope her love muffin heard her say that he needs to work hard to support her. She’s so proud to be a gold digger. She’s in creepy territory.

• Kansas Girl says:

The interviewers were so laughing at her. She really was wasted.

• melthehound says:

Good Gawd, I can’t take it. Even the hound is looking at me weird just for starting that audio playing. I think I’m going to have to sleep with my eyes open tonight.

28. RealHousewifeVA says:

I just saw the Miami epi and I want to say that the Beau/James fight was TOTALLY fake! If you take a look at the scene again when Beau and James start fighting, the camera cuts away from them for a second then comes back to them real quick and you see James and Beau whispering to eachother and it almost looks like James is showing Beau how he’s gonna push him…then suddenly the camer view changes again and James pushes Beau in the pool. So fabricated.

• Kansas Girl says:

Neither of them seem to act very natural and the whole scene seemed odd to me. What people do for fame!

• RealHousewifeVA says:

Yah it seemed weird to me, too, which is why I rewound a couple times and definitely see them whispering real quick right before the push. Anything for camera time.

RealhousewifeVa I’m going to look for that when I watch it. Good eye. 🙂

Thanks RHVA. I should have known! That’s the ONLY reason they got air time.

I don’t know if Taylor moved out of the house she and Kennedy were renting but the owners have put the house up for sale. My mom showed me some pics. I’m not sure it’s the same house they lived in w/Russell. We didn’t see that many rooms on the show so I’m not sure. It’s a beautiful house.

30. ramonacoaster says:

Just got power back. Lost power around 10 pm eastern last night. We’re so lucky my neighbor’s tree didn’t fall in anyone’s house going to post pics soon as I can. It’s great to be a part of such a supportive, loving blog. Hope everyone else is safe and sound.

• Kansas Girl says:

Welcome back! (psst, ok guys, quit talking about her!) Just joking!

Glad to know you’re safe and ok. I’m moving you to the safe side of the list!

Ramona where are you? Just wondering how you got power back to quickly, you are so lucky! But maybe you are in farther states than in the NY/NJ/ CT area?

31. Sus says:

Great, I just said on Facebook that I didn’t mean to cause a “casino” and now I have to explain what I meant.

I blame you people for this. HW talk has been planted in my brain!

• Kansas Girl says:

We are changing the language! Cool!

It happens that I was in a group of people sometime ago, listening to a long story of how all these (rather miraclous) things happened to cause problems, and very much frustration on my part listening to all of this – because I was one of those affected. It drags on and on and finally a break and I say “so why didn’t you just say a casino broke out?!” Heads turned sideways and went they collectively went HUH? hee hee
        I just said “nevermind” and laughed to myself.

I was working in the OR one day and my husband yelled over the phone for all to hear
          “AL SHARPTON AL SHARTON!” not knowing he was on speaker phone. I didn’t say a word so the surgeon finally said…”Am I the only one that thought that conversation was a little odd?” I wanted to die.

Do we have a dictionary? 🙂

32. JustDee says:

Glad to see some checking in!
    Thanks Kansas for keeping the list. Good Job 🙂

So happy to see those of you that have checked in throughout the day and let’s hope those affected by the storm are staying safe from the after storm dangers and problems. Hope to hear from more of you that we’re missing!

• Boobah says:

Thanks. I also want to hear from everyone on the list. If we use the generator tomorrow I will shoot BlueSky an email. I am worried about those that havent checked in.

First of all, I’m not an Andy Cohen fan, he’s such a fool. But I will watch WWHL sometimes for the guests. However last night there was no Bethenny (she tweeted that Sandy came in her place). Andy was in his pajamas and had perhaps been overserved. A caller asked what Andy’s housewife tag line would be. Andy said it changes all the time but right now (and he stands up moving around like the housewives do in the opening segments) and he says “I may be a man, but I fight like a girl.”

• Kansas Girl says:

I thought he did pretty good, considering he had no show, very little staff, and hardly any material. The PJs were a bit much. But then it’s Andy. He could have just cancelled like most others did, so it was either brave or foolhardy for them to put on a show. I wonder how they got home after or if they stayed in the studio. The studio is not in 30 Rock, so they couldn’t go hang out in the Bravo office. His tag line was silly, but it’s Andy. I got a kick out of the show.

i caught the beginning, and i thought his studio was the 4th floor or something, of the actual Bravo offices, which i would assume are in the NBC studios. Is this wrong? i know he says he’s downtown all the time, but he always says he’s 4th floor or so of the office building. So maybe he’s in some subsidiary Bravo/ Comcast building.

I saw David Letterman with NO staff and NO audience and it seemed hysterical.

Remember Andy is a fool who has such high caliber stars such as Holly Hunter and Ralph Fiennes over to his show with PAJAMAS on that of course we expect that.

If Bethenny didn’t show up, this leads me to believe she is full time living in California right now, hopefully with Jason there too— and was flying in specifically to do WWH. She was not staying in her apt downtown because that would have been a hop skip and jump away from the WWH studios.
        She seems to be Cali full time and not in NY in that beautiful apt they worked SO hard on. What a waste. But i guess she’ll just make a killing on the resale. Hopefully Jason gets a cut of that.

Bethenny was in Montauk, not California, with Jason and Bryn and Cookie. She was tweeting alot.

• Kansas Girl says:

Bethenny’s apt is in Zone A, so they left. She was tweeting photos from Montauk or that area, but I can’t imagine she fled way out there.

WSL could solve this, as she was in the WWHL studio. I thought it was in a nondescript building far from 30 Rock. Tribeca maybe. Andy’s office is high in 30 Rock. He’s posted pictures from his office. They were on lower floors and got moved some time back, and he made a silly video of his new office and the view. But maybe they moved where they film WWHL. I’m sure they could move that set.

yeah so what i don’t understand is how Andy gets from his office to WWH every single day. It seemed to me he always just dressed up, got makeup done, got his fresca and tequila ready, and went down a few floors to the WWH studio. Interesting.

^^^^ Thanks BB about the Bethenny update. I didn’t know where she was. What on EARTH was she thinking being in Montauk in the pre-days to this storm? Not very smart IMO. I get that maybe plans were made to stay there earlier but it also takes hours and hours to drive west from Montauk to her apt./ Manhattan or to airports to get to LA. Very odd choice. Not so safe. JMHO

PS i can’t believe Andy’s BFF’s show got cancelled– Anderson!? He never belonged on daytime tv unless he was doing hard-hitting news. I lost a bit of respect for him once he became a ‘daytime’ everyday topics host. He should go back to CNN and do some news-show again, Rachel Maddow style. CNN is trying to revamp anyway.

• Boobah says:

I thought the same exact thing about bethenny going to Montauk! Montauk was cut off from the rest of the island. The ocean surged over the land and connected with the bay. Montauk was its own little island for a while. As of today, the water receded, thank goodness.

I thought he would put on an old show.

Re: Taylor Armstrong. Remember when she denied having an affair with the married attorney John Buhler a good while back? Well he is the one some are “alleging” is the “love of her life.” Rumors have her kissing him recently in Puerto Villarta (sp) and I found this on Youtube. It was posted September 5.
    &http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8MIxGrxjPY

Sorry, spelled his name wrong. John Bluher. I got him confused with Ferris.

• Kansas Girl says:

I can’t imagine why a man would find her attractive. She’s a sloppy drunk, and otherwise a … what’s the insect that kills the man after mating? One of those. She’s icky. And a scam artist.

Poor Kennedy.

Praying Mantis? I think the females not only kill their mates, they eat them too.

• Kansas Girl says:

Or some sort of spider that does that.

The females bite their mate’s heads off during the act. Which reportedly doesn’t stop the action immediately. Which is one way of avoiding hearing those awkward questions like “Hey, what’d you say your name was?” Of course, there’s no chance of getting any flowers the morning after, so I guess it’s a trade off.

Preying Mantiss. I figure if she’s dating him, I don’t have to worry about her dating me. Or getting angry at me and going “all Oklahoma” on me.

• AZGirl says:

How stupid is this guy. Praying Mantis is right. He better get a food taster on payroll. Taylor is on a roll.

I thought she said she was going to work hard to take care of Kennedy, but she’s just found another man to take care of her.

36. Kansas Girl says:

Sentence from a student (using “be familiar with”): The squirrels are not familiar with people from my country because we don’t have them in my country.

37. Eastbayca says:

FYI: Saw on a timeline on twitter….WSL is doing fine and has power.

• Kansas Girl says:

Good! I was wondering if I should suggest someone tweet or email her to check. She had a front row seat for all the action and I’m sure has tales to tell.

38. Kansas Girl says:

People we have not heard from yet. Has anyone? Have they been on twitter?
    lori ——————–Bluesky1forever——– I Don’t Believe in Unicorns
    Vilzvet ————— NJBev ——————– NorthEast Lurker
    Chismosa ———- Maryla ——————– NorthEasternGirl
    Boston02127——- One More in Boston—–Plainviewsue
    Just Wondering in Jersey & the tree in her yard that MUST NOT FALL
    New England Girl’s family & patients

39. Christi44 says:

I need some brain bleach. I just listened to the Taylor interview. I kept expecting her to say, “Hey, I can’t feel my lips.”

40. cdnfillie58 says:

We have some damage here … Wind was coming in from the northeast and blowing the lake away from shore…can’t say I’ve ever seen that. Never lost power and most of the damage was on a little island called Pelee Island in the middle of Lake Erie…directly across Cleveland Ohio. A few tankers have been parked waiting the storm out and my recycle bin is floating somewhere in the middle of the lake. 😛

41. chismosa says:

hi everyone, just checking in. i have phone coverage most of the time and am now on my computer (we have a generator). Lost power at 6 pm on monday night. Hope everyone else in Sandy’s path is doing ok. I know things are crazy out there!!! So many downed trees around me!

Please be safe!!!

• Boobah says:

Glad to hear that you are alright! I’m on Long Island and we still don’t have power, how about you? We used our generator for a short while to catch the news….omg! NJ really got nailed. I feel so bad for them. So much damage. The pictures were terrible!

I know. The landmarks are destroyed. Atl City, Ocean City, Coney Island, Ground Zero was beat bad. People come from all over the world to see these landmarks. And so many fires.

• Boobah says:

Omg- the fires! Far Rockaway just about lost their entire community to a huge fire! This little town was home to many fire fighters that responded to 911. A very tight community that was close to begin with but bonded forever by the events of 911. One firefighter was interviewed was was visibly upset.
          Watching Gov. Christie as he described the damage was so sad. The amount of damage is unbelievable! Made me realize just how lucky I am.

i think 80 homes burned to the ground. I just CANNOT BELIEVE. . The wind was the main culprit i believe. I wonder how the fire started?

• AZGirl says:

I am thinking gas leak. Usually happens with flooding but I don’t know for sure. That area is very condensed so it is hard to keep a fire from spreading.

Yes, we are blessed. It is so sad about those fires, really, really sad.

I’m glad you’re ok. You have a permanent generator or plug in one? If plug in I hope you’re being careful. In DC a family was taken to the hospital due to carbon monoxide.

• Boobah says:

Thats awful for that family! Dumb question alert: Do most plug in generators run inside the house? Ours was outside, about 20ft away from the house and we used long extension cord.

Btw, Powell, glad to see you are safe and sound!

yes, we do long extension cord. OUTSIDE. I think if you do it inside it’s like the people who fry their THANKSGIVING TURKEY INSIDE THE HOUSE. Danger danger danger ahead! lol.

• Boobah says:

Lol! Yes! I have heard that a lot of fires happen because of inside turkey-frying. It’s always kinda irked me.
            Good to know about generators. Finally! Confirmation that I don’t do everything ass-backwards! Lol!

• Kansas Girl says:

Yay! Another name to the safe list. Glad to know you’re ok.

42. chismosa says:

thanks for the well-wishers everyone— Boobah and Powell—- i have a plug in, so we use gasoline. We are very careful– the men in my family of course run this, i’m too much of a girl to get involved. It’s outside, so we are very clear with air circulating all around. We went scouring for gas today to get some more. Lines and lines of cars all around the very few gas stations that were open. I’m upset to miss my daily newspaper! lol. I will have to catch up to everything online. I went to a Dunkin Donuts and you should have seen how upset some customers were that THERE WERE NO DONUTS. ha ha! I just wanted coffee.

Our neighbor has the automatic generator so he’s living dandy over there, just all normal, even his lamp post near his street is on. There are houses near me with trees that look hundreds of years old and that are HUGE that fell on their property. So sad, i love those old trees and i hope those folks have been safe, which i’m sure they have been, as i’ve not heard of anything bad.

I too feel very bad for New Jersey. They get hit SO bad with every minor storm in terms of flooding but now THIS. I still don’t understand how anyone can stay living there with all the damage every minor and major storm does to that state. I know it’s a beautiful state but i feel so bad for them!

Oh Long Beach here in Long Island has been hit VERY hard, it’s a lovely beach town and it’s like totally submerged in sand! That is the worst of Long Island i believe. The worst of the worst really is New Jersey.

I wanted to watch Flipping Out but now i’ll have to wait for a repeat. It’s crazy how hooked we get to our shows.

• Lisa Renee says:

Chimosa, been looking for news about L.I. Thanks for the news about Lido Beach. Best lobster roll’s ever from the shack in Point Lookout next to Fire department. Sounds like it is all gone. My parents owned the home with the candelstick chimney & huge bubble windows in Lido. It was featured on an episode of Sex & the city. Sold it a few years ago, great house, great town, dam shame. I haven’t seen one picture. I really thought L.I. was going to be the headline, stay safe, Lisa

• AZGirl says:

A gentleman at the hair salon I go to was saying how bad Long Beach got hit. The guy had family there but they were fine and safe but the town was destroyed. Really sad.

• Lisa Renee says:

AZGirl, Dang! I was just telling my daughter what Chimosa posted & we immediately started reminiscing. You are missed 78 Prescott Street, best beach house ever. 40 minutes from the city. My daughter & step dad use to listen to air traffic control & watch the planes stack up in the sky waiting to come into Kennedy. Gave a whole new meaning to the word traffic jam. The concorde flew over the house twice a day, right over the hugest skylight I ever saw. The sonic boom was amazing. My heart is broken for everyone out there, as long as no one got hurt that’s all that matters. Lisa

• AZGirl says:

I have a feeling those Long Islanders are going to band together and get everything back up and running. Just like the people in New Jersey. Tough bunch of Americans.

• Boobah says:

I stayed away from the generator also. Sorry to hear about the difficulties getting gas. I think we had better luck betting the gas but, dang, it sucks it down so fast! We only kept it running for 90 minutes.

I know what you mean about the old trees. Such a shame. So many were uprooted or broken. Hope your neighbors are safe and sound. I’m sure they are livin’ it up with their fancy built in generator. (Can I just say that I have never typed/said the word generator this much in my life as I have today)

Lol@ dunkin donuts! That made me remember that old commercial…Time To Make The Donuts, and that poor old man droning about every morning! I guess no one had time to fill up the generator to power up the store in order to make the donuts!

I saw that about Long Beach. Just awful! I saw on the news that Fire Island got hit bad also – totally flooded. They were going to deploy a Black Hawk helicopter to rescue people that decided not to evacuate. Unreal.

I missed the paper also. I hope we get it tomorrow.

I feel the same way about NJ. I just can’t believe the devastation. Just awful. My thoughts and prayers are with them. The pics on the news were hard to watch.

Boobah – you’re so cute!! generator, generator, generator…ok, now I’ve said it way more in one sentence that I ever have!!!

I agree it IS unreal what this storm has done.

43. chismosa says:

Octomom in Rehab? What? Lunatic!!!!
    She’ll be on Celebrity Rehab. She can make some $$$ no?

44. LuvMyGals says:

Best wishes to all of you on the East Coast. I’m so glad to hear that so far all are safely accounted for. I hope you’re all warm tonight and have sunshine showing up tomorrow.

For you Teen Mom 2 fans, there is a catch up special on MTV right now.

Finally checking in today. Good to see everyone is safe and sound after the storm. Thank you Kansas Girl for keeping tabs on all the posters on the east coast.
    Massive clean up ahead. I am sad for those who lost their homes or had damage.

47. rabblerouser2010R says:

Hi guys, it’s been a hectic last few days here (but not in a bad or alarming way) so I am sorry I haven’t posted too much. I just wanted to let you all know I am thinking of you, especially our friends who are in the path of the storm.

Watching the re-run of Jill’s WWHL interview with Andy. Please do not forget why Lynn brought us all together. Jill has always had an motive behind her actions. This is a classic example of her self promotion crapola. Jill is a delusional nutcase who only desire is to hurt those who do not like her. She will say anything to bring herself back into the Bravo limelight. “I love Bethenney” testimony is enough to make anyone vomit. We know that there is no “truce” with Ramona.

Shut up Jill. No one cares….go away…frostedyummies…

• Kansas Girl says:

Andy posted on Facebook that the WWHL studio has no power and neither does his apartment. And pointed out they are not in the same bldg. Thus, the rerun.

49. rabblerouser2010R says:

In case anyone needs a good laugh

GM, I hope everyone is doing ok. We lost power for about 11 hours but things are back to normal now. Have a good day everyone.

51. Eve says:

At work. Still no power at home. Lots of down trees. But …no flooding for us. The big trouble was the wind but its all ok. Everyone safe. My prayers to the people of NY.

52. Eastbayca says:

Morning all,
    This is priceless, the ex-FEMA director Michael Brown has the nerve to criticize President Obama for reacting to hurricane Sandy too quickly…seriously?

• contessa says:

Good Morning East,

I read that as well. He was an a$$ then and has now graduated to a$$hole. Can you believe the absurdity of his statement???? Duh??

53. California35 says: