Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta / Shahs of Sunset

The next episode of the Real Housewives of Atlanta will center around Phaedra’s Donkey Booty video.  Apparently Kenya will burn another bridge and make a fuss about wanting more money – then make another fuss about it at Kandi’s event.  I know – surprised me too that Kenya would make it all about her.  Unfortunately Bravo is sure to reward her with a raise and a second season on the show.  She’s already capitalizing in on her “Gone with the wind fabulous” with a single.  I heard a bit of it on Watch What Happens Live and it reminded me of LuAnn’s second song – all talking and not much of anything else.  Andy’s guest (who was a singer) had a “holy crap that’s awful” look on her face.  I’m not talking Kim Zolciak – so awful you can’t help yourself but be amused; I’m talking awful in the – why is Bravo making me waste my time like this – awful.  Kenya is on Watch What Happens Live with MJ tonight, and I am looking forward to seeing Andy and MJ’s faces as she performs the song.

Shahs was a hot mess last week, but the superstar was Lilly who stood to the side like an awkward and somewhat unbalanced bobble-head doll and talked non-stop about how everyone annoyed her and was ugly in her Kim K. affected voice.  It sounds like the rest of the gang realizes that Lilly is just not that into them this week, and the MJ – hot mess like she is – is their hot mess and a heck of a lot of fun.  Meanwhile GG is at home and throwing the launch party for her weave line.  GG should have just rented a private plane and showed up anyway.  I mean, when has that never worked out for someone.

And then there are the other shows that we’ll really be watching tonight – Downton Abbey, Revenge, Mob Wives to name a few.  Thank goodness we all still we pretend we watch Bravo so that we can hang out together 🙂

This entry was posted in Atlanta. Bookmark the permalink.

138 Responses to Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta / Shahs of Sunset

Hey everyone. Ok Beckygrey. I don’t know Kordell’s secret that Porscha knows. Give.

Kenya is supposed to have come so far in her career & she’s going to pull a move like that & make a song? So people hound her for her autograph cause they think she’s Beyonce. Now she thinks she can sing like Beyonce?

Yes NMD. We pretend to watch Bravo. 🙂

4. I only watch for you guys. Otherwise I’d be writing research papers and learning another language.

5. zanne says:

I watch and read too. Just don’t comment much. laptop in my lap and really no room for arms, not to mention a small black dog that thinks I have too much of the chair anyways. The we have the cat on the other arm – until she gets tired then the top comes down and she is on top of it.

Hi zanne,
      That’s a cute story. I have one cat on my right and one cat on my left.
      If I wasn’t in the middle of them we would have WWlll.

• Putchka says:

Nancy, don’t know if you’ll get this, but I love my pussycats, always!

• Putchka says:

I also love dogs and all animals except maybe reptiles, I would never hurt snakes and toads or any living being. But they aren’t as attractive as kittens and puppies. I have an iguana and a little mouse around my house. They’re cute but where do they poop I want to know?

6. Peter just said to Gregg – this party is for you and your wife going away. Are they already married?

Ok NMD help ne out. I know I miss stuff but did you just add the categories and blog roll on the right? I like it. 🙂

Nancy I’m watching the fishing in the backyard scene again. LOL

Once,Upon A Time. 🙂

10. NeNe is so likable when she’s happy

Oh please…

12. One of the producers for the video – Brandon – is actually Kenya’s brother.

Ok we know that Brittney Spears quit X-Factor. I just heard that she broke off her
    engagement and is doing some show in Vegas. Someone please tell me when she and Kevin Federline get remarried. These girls get on my nerves.

14. iceNfire says:

@ Nancy, are you still here? My Grandmother’s flat was on Fair Oaks at 24th st. I think these days this is considered Noe Valley. I lived on the top flat with parents and sisters, My Grandmother, GreatGrandmother and uncle lived just below us. The garage was huge, held 4 cars with what we called a rupus room behind it. From there down the stairs was the basement which was always kept locked but the skeleton key hung on a hook right next to it. ( funny little memory ) Then there was another short flight of stairs that lead to the backyard…..dam, now I’m feeling homesick 😦

Oh. 😦

Hi iceNfire,
      Sorry my 1/2 brother called from Canada. We lived 3 small blocks from 24th st.
      On Clipper st. It’s such a lovely place to live as it’s usually sunny and lots of great
      deli’s, stores, flower shops, book stores etc. I pray one day that we will return to SF.
      Are you in LA now as well? (Thanks for getting back to me)

15. zoekayla says:

Just a couple of comments…I appreciated VV posting the link to the Lynne blog in the last post. I really enjoyed rereading it, especially everyone’s comments about how they found the blog.
    I’m sorry Seattle lost. As a Texan who is getting ready to move to WA this year, I am preparing to love those teams. Great news if the Sonics rejoin their PNW fans! However, I am a diehard Spurs fan…
    As for HWATL, I am so over Kenya. Her desperation for status and her jealous insecurity reminds me of Jill.
    I must also add I am glad to watch a full episode without any view of Kim Z. Her laziness was nauseating!
    I do enjoy the other ladies.
    Enjoy the evening’s Bravo offerings:)

16. SCGirl says:

Hello Everyone!
    I’m sorry to interupt the flow with this, but I had a steroid injection three days ago and every day since I have had some horrible side effect from it. First, I get the shakes from it, then comes the not sleeping AT ALL for 2 days, and about 2 hours ago I became sore all over my body like I’ve been in a car accident…this is horrible. I remember a few weeks back that someone on here was having a bad time with steroids, but I do not remember who it was. If the person that I’m talking about happens to read my post, could you please tell me if these symptoms are normal, and if I should expect more side effects yet to come. Is there anything that I can do to make this experience a little less horrible.

Also, I wanted to say that this blog is a wonderful place to come to each day, and I get so much enjoyment from being here. Everyone that contributes to this blog does such a wonderful job with the recaps. I never grow tired of coming here, infact one of the first things I think about doing each day is running to my computer and pulling up my lynnfam website. Everyone is so kind and friendly here…I will never look elsewhere for my fix. Thank you to all that blog here and to the Lynn Family for this gift each and every day!

• I don’t have any advice, but I’m sending you a big hug (((( SCGirl)))))

• iceNfire says:

SCGirl – sry to hear this. Dr’s have been trying to get me to do this for years but I’ve always refused. I know I’d contact Dr. ASAP. plz keep us informed

• SCGirl says:

iceNfire, Good for you on not giving into your Dr’s on taking it, trust me I don’t see any way the benefits could possibly out weigh the horrible side effects. I will deffinately be calling my Dr. in the morning. Thank you so much for your concern, and I will keep you all posted.

• Iowagirl says:

Azgirl, I think.

• Lisa Renee says:

Hi SC, I was given steroids once for severe allergic reaction from hair process. Face blew up eyes shut, ugly ugly. The second day I had strange constant bone pain, it felt like intense growing pains, but car accident applies too because it was my whole body. I read the info that came with the scrip & one side effect is bone pain. If you get that you are to call the dr & let them know. My dr called me back in minutes & said to stop taking them, bone pain is an unacceptable side effect, means adverse reaction. I am not a dr so check with yours. When you said bone pain, I went through it & thought I was going to have to tough it out. Maybe you can get something else, good luck hope you get relief 🙂 Lisa

• SCGirl says:

Thank you Lisa Renee for letting me know about your experience, I figured something was very wrong for the bone pain side effect to be going on, because my Dr. never mentioned to me that bone pain would occur…I will be calling her first thing in the morning if I can lift my arm to dail the phone…Thank you for your concern and kindness, i’ll let you know how it goes.

Oh goodness SCGirl. I’m sorry you’re having a bad reaction. I do hope It’s temporary & you’ll be ok right away. Does you insurance have a 24/7 hotline where you can speak w/a nurse until you can speak w/your doc tomorrow? Can you take a hot bath to help soothe you and help you sleep? Gosh I’m sorry. Feel better.

• SCGirl says:

Thank you so much Powell, I am going to take all of your advice tonight. I am going to go look on my insurance card and see if there is a contact # for a nurse to talk to so that I can atleast not worry myself to death tonight, and then I am gonna try a bath. Thanks again for your concern, kindness and advice. I’ll let you know how it goes.

• Laineylainey says:

SC so sorry to hear of our troubles with the side effects of the steroids. But just look at you, even in the midst of not feeling well, you come here and say things to make US feel good. God’s blessings to you.

• SCGirl says:

Lainey Squared, you are so sweet. I truly love this place. Everyone here always has a kind word to share…I really do feel like when I come here it’s like being with family, and it always makes me feel good. Thank you so much for your kindness,concern, and blessings, Lainey To The 2nd!!

• AZGirl says:

It was me. I was put on prednisone orally on Dec 31st. 3 a day for 3 days then 2 a day for 3 days etc. 3 pills sent me bonkers. Gittery and could not sleep. I lowered my dosage but kept the schedule to slowly reduce the dosage. Stuff makes you crazy. I will not take it again unless I have to.

17. Kat from Ohio says:

i am so happy for kandi. she glows when she’s in love & she deserves it. i really hope they marry. damn, this reminds me of B–how excited i was for her and jason. i wonder if they could have been happier co-habitating and raising bryn, rather than insisting on marrying. he’s a nice guy, and i adore her. i respect that they wanted to split up, but they were SO happy when they got together…. remember that scene at ramona’s vow renewal when they were dancing, and jason was touching her baby bump and saying “this is what we’ll be doing at our wedding.” moments like that made me so happy….

as a 22-year-old who STILL believes in having it all at the same time, i admired and envied her. i see it wasn’t perfect, and there were numerous problems, but i loved how happy she was when she was with him and hope they BOTH find happiness.

• I am really happy for Kandi as well. I had tears in my eyes.

• Kat, where in Ohio? You keep that hope in your heart, lady. I have a great husband, a job that I enjoy, too much food on the table (at least according to my dress size these days) a warm home and 2 great dogs. I recently became a grandma for the first time, and we have our health and our happiness! That, to me, says I have it all! Oh, I am in Cincinnati, that’s why I asked!

• Kat from Ohio says:

hi dear! i’m happy to hear you’re doing it all 🙂 i am from akron, but i attend school in athens at OU!

• Loving the Bobcat! I am actually an alum and Scripps alum!
          Sooooo happy we got a new coach and FINALLY there is more to the football season than the marching 110!

• Kat from Ohio says:

wow! great school! i’m in creative writing (english dept) funny that there are some bobcats on this blog!

• Laineylainey says:

Hi KAt! How are you? Are you feeling 100% now? I love your post…22 years old and filled with hope- it IS an awesome time in your life and even if the Bethenny’s of the world have hiccups in their lives…learn from them what you can, but remember you have your own destiny and purpose…so enjoy!!! And keep hoping and having faith. Did you ever decide on a grad school?

• Kat from Ohio says:

lainey! i’m doing great! school starts tomorrow. i have to be a bit quieter than usual, but am otherwise back to normal. thanks for the lovely advice! i applied to 4 programs and will hear back around march! how are you, poppet?

18. I can not believe I’m on Kenya’s side on this video thing.

19. cincimistymom says:

Aaaaand, yes, it is really and truly me—your loving little Duchess in person! Anybody miss me? LOL

20. whoops, that’s me above!

21. Orson says:

I loved the way Kandi shut down Kenya when she wanted to talk about business at Todd’s birthday party. Sorry, Kenya, this party is NOT all about YOU.

22. Laineylainey says:

I am so happy to see GG and her sis having a positive and dare I say, loving exchange.

23. Laineylainey says:

How rude of REza ging thru MJ’s things.

• zanne says:

I’m going to watch that now on dvr – pls no spoilers for say 20 min.

Anyone watch Revenge? What just happened?????

• Laineylainey says:

Ok, Zanne! Sorrrrrrry! I thought “chat” meant we could openly discuss the show as it was airing. I don’t know about revenge, it’s on my list of shows to catch up on. Need to go back to season 1. Which season are they on now, btw?

• zanne says:

It does – my mistake – juat run to first ad on recoder and then can miss all the ads. I was just faster reading tonight.

24. Jodie Foster just came out as a lesbian at the Golden Globes when she accepted her lifetime achievement award.

• Rebecca says:

I think she just retired from show business.

• WindyCityWondering says:

I thought she came out a long time ago and tonight she was closing the chapter on her show business career.

• I actually thought she came out a long time ago too – but PerezHilton is saying she came out and he’d know more than I would, wouldn’t he?

• WindyCityWondering says:

In her ramblings I thought she was saying that she was leaving show business (you won’t see me) but may be getting into writing (hope you will hear my words). I like her, she gave us alot and her body of work is impressive.

Yes, I thought she came out years ago. I don’t believe she’s hanging up her show business career, though. Maybe she’s just done with the acting part? I met her once when she was making “LIttle Man Tate”, in Columbus, OH. My cousin was the Art Director of that film and he brought me to see where they were working and Jody was on the set alone. I think she was figuring out camera moves for the next day of shooting.

• Laineylainey says:

Big surprise…NOT

• Laineylainey says:

Oh and I forgot to say…Good for her!

• Vegas Chick says:

Is that what that was all about? Some people were crying and most were scratching their heads. Glad she loves her mom so much though.

• WindyCityWondering says:

The tears from her peers would be because she is retiring from the business, not because she is gay (the big announcement was that she was single – she is funny). Loved how she paid tribute to her mom too.

• Cartwheels says:

OMG, her speech had me in tears, the part about her mother was so touching

I don’t remember her officially coming out before tonight.

26. WindyCityWondering says:

So Bravo Andy said Jody came out and is retiring from acting.

27. Boobah says:

I think Jodie Foster was beinbg ironic. She feigned a huge announcement (being gay) but ended the suspense with “I’m single”. I think she was making fun of people’s need to put it all out there, i.e. Reality TV, public announcements. press conferences. She even stated that she came out back in the stone ages (it just wasn’t made into a big deal). At one point, she stressed the word ‘privacy’.

I wondered if she was retiring also. Despite whatever privacy she wants, I bet there will be some news, stories, press releases, etc. come tomorrow that will explain if she is retiring or not.

I think Jodie’s speech was deep, but delivered in a rather crypic manner…I guess she needed all that off her chest..to retire?! It brought tears to the eyes of many in the crowd. I don’t think she had to come out, and I get all the meant about that. As for the part about her mother…I think it was that her mother did not accept her lifestyle and Jodie still has hope she will – did anyone else get the same thing out of that?!

• WindyCityWondering says:

She really had a lot to say! Maybe we need to read her speech on line. As for the part about her mom – she definately wants her mom to know she loves her.

• Boobah says:

Wow – TT. That could be. My initial thought was that her mom is sick, maybe demnia or alzheimers and has memory difficulties. I have a feeling I am way wrong. Actually I hope I am wrong.

29. WindyCityWondering says:

I am guilty of watching E! Red Carpet before the awards. I really miss Michelle and her fashion expertise…

• Laineylainey says:

Yeah…me too!

Oh no, is there guilt attached to watching E! Red Carpet?
      I feel so guilty now! 😉

• Boobah says:

I’m guilty too! I am watching the post show now. I know…pretty sad but I love it! What dresses did you like the most? I thought JLo over did it. Don’t get me wrong, she has a great body, but I just thought it was too much. Anne Hathaway’s dress was cute though not my favorite. I did not like Zoey Deschanel’s dress at all.

• WindyCityWondering says:

I liked Jody Foster’s dress and Taylor Swift’s dress was cool and Lucy Lu’s was interesting even though the Fashion Police frown on flowery prints.

• Boobah says:

I thought Jodie looked good also. That dress was great. Taylor Swift looked awesome. I think it was one of my favorites. Didn’t love Lucy Lu’s dress but I thought she wore it well.
          I’m trying to think of other dresses I liked but none are coming to mind.

I thought Adele was adorable when she accepted her award!

• WindyCityWondering says:

Well we will have to review the stills and do our own fashion police! Some ladies looked comfortable and some didn’t – Lucy did wear that dress well. But we didn’t get enough shots of their shoes.

• Boobah says:

No, we didn’t! I love the shoes! And what’s with the Mani Cam? Is that for rings or nails? I would rather a shoe cam.

Yes – Lets do our own fashion review! LOL! Whenever I watch The Fashion Police, I feel so out-of-style because some of the stuff they love is so ugly or strange to me. Although I usually agree when they think something is ill fitting.

• cocfarm says:

I know Haley is a fav here…during her presentation, one breast was corseted and the other was not. Looked very odd and uncomfortable…and definitely not proportional!

• Boobah says:

cocfarm – I noticed that! I was weird. It looked one breast was flopping out and the other was smushed down. Awful look.

30. Mene Seela says:

I think everyone in the world knows Jody is gay. There was a lot of coverage about her and her partner a few years ago,
    I could not care less about who is/isn’t gay. If you are really curious, it’s fairly apparent who has not been in a long term relationship with someone of the opposite gender.

In this day and age … *yawn*.

I didn’t know President Clinton made a speech. I would have watched the Globes if I knew that.

32. california35 says:

the whole Judy thing as confusing. when Robert D Jr was talking, i wondered if she may day something about being gay. i don’t know why, but i thought it. then she did, not very clear, but did bring it up :-P. she said she was single because she wanted to be funny, and she probably is. she did thanked her ex and “co-parent”, old friend etc etc. she said she had come out long ago to family friends etc, that she believes there should be privacy, etc. my confusing thing is why bring it up and you are not going to be clear. at the same time, THAT is how she wanted to do it and it was about het, so good for her on dealing with it the way SHE wanted to 🙂 i believe she is like that, communicates that way because then when she talked about (or to) her mom, it was unclear again. i wondered if mom doesn’t accept her, or if mom has some kind of sickness that gets mom in and out of reality. then she said something like mom will die soon.
    who knows. then her carrier, she said we won’t see her again but kept talking as
    if she will continue to work and will leave her mark, or something like that. will she write, will she be in politics, will she simply retire completely but she changed her mind as soon as she said it? 😛

Good morning everyone. I know everyone is probably still sleeping, but I’m getting ready to go have a colonoscopy this morning so y’all be thinking about poor little old me. I can’t wait until it’s over so I can eat. I’m starving. Lol. I hope everyone has a great day.

Poor BB! All I could tbink is UGH, and the I remembered how funny Paul was after bis on RHOBH, ha. Hope you are back home and eating soon!

Boobah – I fell out (asleep) last night, or would have stayed with the conversation. Off to work early for me, Good Day! Everyone! 😀

• Boobah says:

TT – No worries, my friend! The same thing happened to me. I suddenly just fell out myself. Thats sweet of you to say something. ((TT))

Have a great day at work!

• Boobah says:

Good luck today. I will be thinkig about you. (((BB)))

34. LA Debra says:

Oh big hugs BB. May you enjoy a big southern breakfast after!

35. LA Debra says:

I think I remember reading that Jodi’s mother has dementia. She has always been such a private person, I was really touched by her words last night.

@BB hope all goes well. Good for you to have it done. Loved last night’s GG. Tommy Lee needs to lighten up.