Real Housewives of Atlanta / Watch What Happens Live Recaps

Real Housewives of Atlanta by RamonaCoaster

NeNe, Gregg, and Kenya's statue (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

NeNe, Gregg, and Kenya’s statue (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

We are in Los Angeles when Nene tries to call Cynthia to ask what is going on in Atlanta but her cell phone isn’t working. Since Kenya has lived in LA before, she sent some furniture to Nene while she is living it up in the Hollywood Hills.  There are two statues of ladies holding up lamps and some garish coffee table.  It’s pretty hideous.  The real estate lady comes to check up on her and Nene expresses her concerns over getting settled, going to work, directions to stores and other practical matters.

Kandi and Riley are making a cake for Todd for his birthday and celebrating some milestones in their relationship.  Riley asked Kandi if when she gets older – like sixteen – she can live in the guest house. Kandi doesn’t want Riley to get out of touch with reality and she wants her to work for a living.

Kenya’s aunt Lori and cousin come over and they are shocked that Kenya is cooking real food.  I guess Kenya doesn’t usually spend too much time in the kitchen. They ask Kenya if she has good news and Kenya tells them about Walter. She didn’t feel Walter was attracted to her and treated her well.  Kenya said she had enough and didn’t want to be with him anymore.  Her cousin thinks Walter was a weirdo and revealed that she had met him years ago and he had tried to “talk” to her.  Kenya is somewhat surprised and wondering if Walter was a player.  I think being a player and trying to be a player are two different things.  Kenya’s cousin and aunt reassure Kenya that they support her.

Apollo and Phaedra work on some moves ( (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

Apollo and Phaedra work on some moves ( (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

Kenya isn't really sure if this is going to work  (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

Kenya isn’t really sure if this is going to work (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

Donkey booty workout is getting started. The lawyer and Apollo are going to demonstrate the exercises for Kenya.  Kenya is excited with their creativity and their funky donkey move.  Kenya already has contacted some distribution companies and came up with a $100,000 budget.  Phaedra wants some extra security if she is going to give up that money.  They want to talk to Cynthia about casting some juicy booty extras for their video.  They haven’t negotiated a contract yet so ironing out those details is probably going to be painful with everyone trying to get the upper hand.

Nene and Gregg are talking about getting focused and settling into LA.  Nene is explaining the frame of mind she needs when she goes to work.  Gregg is going to need to step up and be “Mr. Nene.”  Gregg tells Nene to let go of some control.

Kenya, producers, the lawyers and Apollo sit down to talk about the deal.  Kenya secured a distribution deal and asked for 10%.  The lawyer heard from Todd that Kenya’s budget is too high. Kenya is insulted over Todd’s input.  They go back and forth over and in the end it’s all about greed.  Kenya feels that if she had dealt with Apollo she would have won him over.  Kenya leaves not willing to negotiate. Eric, the lawyer comes in and says he can find another production company for them.  Apollo feels that the distribution deal is pretty good. In the end, they don’t care if the personal relationship sours over the business relationship.

Nene is studying the script while driving to work.  This is pretty cool that we get to see the inside of Paramount studios.  Nene is happy to have her own trailer and excited that she can say she was a regular on a primetime show.  I hope everything works out for her.  Nene acts much better when she is secure with herself.

Kordell is serving Porsha breakfast in bed and Porsha is asking for yams.  They just might do it in front of the camera when Porsha pulls Kordell down towards her…

Kandi and Todd in the Helicopter on the way to his party  (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

Kandi and Todd in the Helicopter on the way to his party (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

Kandi and Todd take a limo and Todd is asking what they are doing tonight.  They arrive at the airport where Kandi tells him they are going to take a helicopter ride to see Atlanta.  Hope he is not afraid of heights.  Meanwhile everyone is arriving for the surprise party. Kenya and Apollo talk about the deal.  Kenya doesn’t want to do the video for free.  The lawyer says she does deals for free all the time.  They see the helicopter arriving and Kandi realizes that Todd sees the party from outside so the surprise is out the door but he can still be surprised that his mother is there.  Everyone yells surprise and he is happy to see his mother.  Kandi was happy to see tears in Todd’s eyes when he saw his mama.  So cute.  The birthday cake was in the shape of a lion and Kandi explained they met one year ago in Africa and they are celebrating their first kiss and first real conversation.

Kenya then goes up to Todd to ask about the donkey booty project.  Kandi feels that they shouldn’t talk about business at the party.  Kandi is pissed off at Kenya.

Kenya is at the CynthiaBailey Agency to cast the donkey butt video.  Now Cynthia brings up that she doesn’t do pro bono work after seeing the tweet the lawyer put out for models to come to the BaileyAgency.  Kenya tells Cynthia that the lawyer made a counter offer of 0% and just a small fee after Kenya made her 10% offer.  Cynthia doesn’t like that she may not get paid either for doing the casting job.  Someone seems to be taking a page from Kim Z’s book and expect to get everything for free.

Cynthia really wants to get paid for her time  (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

Cynthia really wants to get paid for her time (S5 Episode 11 Bravo Photo Gallery)

Kenya needs to have a final conversation with the lawyer.  Cynthia says she canceled the casting job because they didn’t speak about fees and she did not have any information about what they want regarding models.  Kenya feels she shouldn’t do anything for free but the lawyer points out that she is not negotiating and giving reasons why she deserves a percentage of the potential profit.  Kenya announces she doesn’t want to do the donkey booty video and walks out.

_________________________

Watch What Happens Live by NoMoreDrama

Kenya Moore rehearsing "Gone With the Wind Fabulous" for Watch What Happens Live (BravoWWHL Twitter feed)

Kenya Moore rehearsing “Gone With the Wind Fabulous” for Watch What Happens Live (BravoWWHL Twitter feed)

Before I get to the show, I need to share this link to all the great “hits” by the Bravo Housewives.  Please enjoy!  Heh.

WWHL Tagline for tonight:  “Frankly my dear I do give a damn”

Andy Cohen in the Clubhouse with Mercedes (MJ) and Kenya Moore.

MJ is in a yellow jump suit with bright red lips and looks really good.  Kenya is in a bright red dress.

Deirdre Connolly (Scarlet O’Hara lookalike) and Andy’s producer is the bartender.

Golden Globes – Andy’s observations:

Jodi Foster came out and seemed like she was retiring. NeNe looked great.  And then they showed a photo of Dennis Quaid (because he looked off).

Andy asked MJ if she liked how Asa’s ass looked on the show.  MJ – after first clarifying that he really asked that, said yes.

Kenya is asked about Phaedra and the video deal.  Kenya said she was surprised that Phaedra wasn’t planning on giving her any money.

Poll Question

Is Kenya Gone with the Wind Fabulous?

(my guess is landslide NO)

Three things Andy is obsessed with –

1)      MJ drunk versus Lilly sober  (MJ says she heard Lilly used to drink before she became a “new” persona for the show)

2)      Clips of Kenya acting crazy (Andy gives Kenya a Golden Showercap for her performance.)

3)      Walter on radioshow saying their relationship was fake (Kenya say they don’t have enough time on the show to answer anything.  They were in a real relationship.  He made her look like a fool.  She claims that he retaliated against her because she said things about his sexuality.)

Questions

For MJ – Do you feel a little betrayed by Reza?  MJ – “I feel 100% betrayed.  I saw everything for the first time with the viewers.”  The purse bothered her the least of everything.  MJ says she has never abused any drugs.

Andy – for Kenya – are you still talking to Walter?  Kenya – no

Andy – for Kenya – do you have men pursuing you or running away?  Kenya – I’m fabulous.

MJ chimes in.  She thinks what happened with Walter was a blessing in disguise so he stopped wasting Kenya’s time.  Kenya yells that she’s single.

MJ – are you still with the guy from your birthday party?  MJ – yes (they were off and on but now on.)

Kenya – asked about NeNe’s comment about Kenya’s fake storyline.  Kenya – yes, NeNe said that was how she felt at the time but they are friends now.

MJ – do you regret not asking GG to your party?  MJ – no.  I didn’t want to be an enabler.

Kenya – is your butt fake?  Kenya – it’s all real.

Kenya does her song.  Honestly – she does a lot better than Kim Z or Simon – sort of like a LuAnn performance.  More performance than singing, and totally a waste of time, but I didn’t have to cover my ears.

Shoot – I missed the poll results.  Sorry about that.

___________________________________

Real Housewife of Aiken’s Revenge Recap

Read it Here

___________________________________

End of the Year Housewives Survey by BB

I’ve put the End of the Year Survey on it’s own page in case you missed it.

_____________________________________

Facebook

Please Like the New Facebook Page  by clicking here and feel free to share news stories on the page as you find them.

And/or send a Friend Request to my Facebook Account

_________________________________________

Monday Night Lineup, January 14th by BB

8PM – How I Met Your Mother/Big Bang Theory (CBS); The Carrie Diaries (CW); The Biggest Loser (NBC); The Bachelor (ABC); Bones (Fox); Antiques Roadshow (PBS); WWE Monday Night Raw (USA); Switched at Birth (Family); Extreme Smuggling (Discovery); Continuum (SyFy); E! News/Studio E! (E!); Finding Bigfoot: Further Evidence (Anpl); Dateline on OWN (OWN); Love and Hip Hop (VH-1); Jerseylicious/Built Sneak Peek (Style); Untold History of the United States (Showtime)

9PM – Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Bravo); 2 Broke Girls/Mike and Molly (CBS); Market Warriors (PBS); Bunheads (Family); Love It or List It (HTGV); Cake Boss: Next Great Baker (TLC); Shipwreck Men (Discovery); Being Human (SyFy); Fashion Police (E!); American Pickers (History); Layover with Anthony Bourdain (Trvl); Black Ink Crew (VH-1); Alaska State Troopers (NatGeo); Disappeared (ID); The Food Hospital (Cook)

10PM – Vanderpump Rules (Bravo); Hawaii Five-0 (CBS); Deception (NBC); Castle (ABC); Independent Lens (PBS); Teen Mom 2 (MTV); House Hunters (HGTV); Lost Girl (SyFy); Trouble Next Door (OWN); Pawn Stars (History); Hotel Impossible (Trvl); Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (Food); True Crime (ID); 1 Girl 4 Gays (10:30 Logo)

11PM – WWHL: Kim Richards (Bravo)

__________________________________

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of Atlanta, Watch What Happens Live. Bookmark the permalink.

157 Responses to Real Housewives of Atlanta / Watch What Happens Live Recaps

Good morning everyone. I feel ugh w/this cold. I am so ready to go home. I hope the weather is holding up where you are. It’s rainy.

BB take care after the colonoscopy. I had to have one. I hope you can eat as soon as you get home. 🙂

• california35 says:

i hope you feel well soon.

• Boobah says:

Feel Better, Powell. Is it possible for you to go home early? Take care. ((Powell))

• Oh Powell…take care & feel better. DD started to come down with something too. She was over yesterday and I went into mom mode. She laughs….but it helps!! 😛

Stay well darlin’!

Trusty Powellypooh – first on the board, even when ill. I hope you can go home to get some rest.

• trudie says:

Powell, feel better soon. Go in the ladies’ room and take a little nap in a stall!

Hope you feel better soon, Powell. We stopped on the way home and got breakfast and now I’m a happy camper.

• Boobah says:

BB – Oh I am so glad it over and done with for you! I am sure you feel so relieved! Now you can pig out today!! I would – hell, I might just do it anyway. In your honor, of course.

• trudie says:

I have often wondered what would compel someone to become a gastroenterologist. Can’s you just see a young child thinking to himself/herself: “When I grow up I want to perform colonoscopies”?

• You need a shot of bourbon, cup of hot tea, and a little honey too. Then straight to bed! Hope you can leave early today Powell.

BB, colonoscopies are necessary but not fun. The worst part is the prep the night before, drinking the cleanser and the after affects of that! The actual test isn’t nearly as bad, right?

Feel better both of you, Powell & BB.

The worst part for me is getting there, getting undressed, getting an IV, then sitting there waiting for your turn. The waiting after you get there is the worst for me. If I could just walk in and go straight to the procedure room and get it done, that would be great.

I am so glad you are ok after the procedure and had breakfast. I had to have it to check for internal bleeding. Just to rule it out w/my anemia. I had no problem w/the procedure. Just before w/drinking and taking the prep. Disgusting. And no food, then I had a rough recuperation. It took my 4 days to get Back to myself. I hate not being able to eat. It just makes me think about nothing but food. I start dreaming about having the silliest foods. Tuna fish, hot dogs, grilled cheese.

• So glad to see this is over for you BB! And that you have had breakfast and can now be cozy at home. The anticipation and waiting IS the worst! Happy you are done with it!

A little sharing….when I had a colonoscopy a few years ago I had a terrible time. My system reacts to meds and such very poorly and the stuff you drink the night before, well, I had an “allergic reaction” and by the next morning was in violent pain and my vitals had plummeted to frightening levels. I was barely breathing, but had the test anyway and then was thrown into emergency room immediately and was in the hospital for 4 days while they tried to stabilize my vitals and figure out what went wrong. Every dr., including my own, said they had never seen anyone react that way. Go figure…..yeah me! :-/ I doubt I will ever have one again. They terrify me! Yup…I am an odd little duck! 😛 (sticking to alternative stuff!)

blur a shot of Bourbon huh? I have some at home but have never tasted it. If it gets too bad I just might go there. Thks.

Thks for the well wishes everyone. 🙂

• yup, take 2 shots if you really need it!

• Oh my gosh that sounded horrid Marg.
            BB so glad it’s over.
            Powell REST!!
            I just got over the Norovirus and spent 4 days in bed feeling nauseous with headaches, dizziness and diarrhea. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.
            I got my flu shot so I hope I’m avoiding that nasty bug.
            Love the recaps and of course the blog recaps too. Thank You ALL for your hard work at bringing them to us everyday.
            I dvr’d the ATL and WWHL so I can see it all tonight after my workout session and sewing session. I might need to dvr BH tonight. I started watching Biggest Loser and I’m all about that right now.
            Hugs and Blessings to one and all,
            Diana

2. cocfarm says:

I know there are some non-fans of Halle out there.i thought her dress last night was one of the worst. One breast was corseted and the other was not. Looked really lopsided and uncomfortable.

• Vegas Chick says:

Poor NeNe received a Grade D from the fashion police. Woman needs to get a stylist.

• Clicking thru the photos from the link to Haile’s dress, IMO Rancic & Kelly Osborne both looked awful. Rancic looked like a black spider in her black lace top dress. Kelly with her greyish purple hair wore an ugly dress. So if they make fun of others they should start with themselves! Helen Mirren looked fantastic. There were many gorgeous dresses & beautiful looks.

• Just Wondering in Jersey says:

I’ve seen some of the stuff the Fashion Police like and let me tell you they do not have the same taste as I do. I personally would wear Nene’s gown. It is definitely my style. I just need some where to wear it LOL.

• WindyCityWondering says:

I liked NeNe’s dress but not that blue ribbon/bow thing at her waist.

Hoof Maloof has absolutely the worst taste of any of the housewives, and that’s saying alot.

• she was skeery looking, right?!

• WindyCityWondering says:

OMG – what a disaster – her outfit looked like what a younger woman would wear to go clubbing not what one would wear to a formal event!

• Called A Princess... says:

I thought that Ms. berry’s dress was interesting in a good way. The Golden Globes is not as formal as the Oscars and if one has a lot of red carpet events during the Awards season, then on must pace. It reminded me more of resort ware as oppose to red carpet but it was colorful and daring. I am not a Halle Berry fan, in any way but the dress was fun, colorful and provocative, and it seemed to fit her well. She is insane, right? JMHO.

3. Good Morning & Happy Monday!

Hope everyone is staying warm and well! Freeeezing here..LOL!

I hope I copied this correctly, but had to share this video of one puppy teaching another puppy how to get down the stairs. So cute & a great way to start the day! Awww.
    &http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDKDC_IUnOA&feature=player_embedded

New blog, “What’s In A Mind”, is up today + all the goodies. Enjoy!

4. LaineyLainey says:

I like Ms. USA’s song!! It was cute…someone compared it to Rupaul. It reminded me of LaQuifa. Not an inspirational hit,…but, really fun!!

5. Donna says:

It is 25 in Downriver Michigan

• Vegas Chick says:

It was 24 in Las Vegas this morning.

• Contessa says:

Hi Vegas Chick,

You were so kind when I found out above having to get out of my rental. I do have another question for you. I am in Arizona, my rental house short sold (I think it is an inside job) ASAP. Anyway the real estate agent (not my landlord) sent me an informal email on 1/3/13 saying I had to be out by 1/31/13. She previously said I was entitled to some sort of rental assistance relocation of $3000 and now has dropped this (I think the landlord is getting this as if he were living in his own house). I do have a place to move – that is not the problem, but I don’t like being pushed like this and this realtor is a nasty beyotch. Have any comments or ideas, as I would appreciate same very much!!!!!

• Call the state tenant association, it should be in the blue pages or on your state’s web site. As a tenant, if you have a signed lease, then even if the house is sold you have the right to remain in your apartment until the lease is expired!!! Make sure you know your rights, this is the way it is in NJ. Even if the house is sold short, you have your rights.

• And by the way, you can file a formal complaint with the STATE realtor association. Only go to the state, the county realtor association is always under the state. Especially if you have the right to remain in the apartment until your lease ends, this realtor needs to be REPRIMANDED and FINED.

I hate nasty realtors ( I was a realtor for 10 years in NJ and still have my license here). Whenever I had a property to sell with tenants, their lease had to be respected. When buying, same thing. You can not just be thrown out of your lease. Good luck Contessa!

• PJ says:

Depending on the state NY has pretty tough laws about that, you can’t just remove a tenant like that. Not sure what the laws in other states are.

• Vegas Chick says:

Why the 31st? Is that the closing date of the short sale? The $3k was probably coming from HAFA. If the sale is through HAFA, it’s hard to tell if he is actually going to receive it. If you know who is lender is, you can try calling and report that it wasn’t his primary residence. Problem is that you will, most likely, have a hard time getting through to someone who actually knows what they are doing. I would email back and say that you will try but can make no guarantees and remind her of the promise of the $3k asking when you can expect it. 🙂 They will have to start eviction proceedings which could take a bit. Honestly, if you have a new place, I would move on and leave the whole sordid mess where it belongs… in the past. However, it wouldn’t hurt to take a stab at trying to get some compensation for your troubles.

• Contessa says:

Thanks Blue and Vegas!

I know who the lender is on my rental, that got short sold. My new place will not be totally ready until 2/5/13. However I can be out by 1/30 ot 1/31 and yes leave all this crap behind me. I was super pi$$ed as the landlord knew I loved this house but never offered it to me, and his realtor put it up on MLS for 6 hours and got an offer asap – without anyone looking inside the house???? This is definitely an inside job and I think the $3000 relocation fee is going to the landlord – once again an inside job. I was told or it was implied that the house needs to be vacant for COE???? All sounds fishy and nasty to me.

I am now on a month to month, but will get out on my own time frame. THANK YOU XXOO!

• Interesting that it sold in less than 6 hours. If you care to get involved, call the mortgage company that holds the loan. They may be interested to know what happened, and that you were/are interested in buying the home. Looks very fishy to me.

• Vegas Chick says:

Our market is so crazy that the quickie offer doesn’t suprise me. The buyer’s agent might be the listing agent or someone from her team/office. Happens all the time, unfortunately. I’d still lean on her for the $3k that was promised. If it was written in an email, a copy/paste friendly reminder might back her off. If she continues to be a biatch, stay until you are ready to leave… Not much that they can do other than spending money on filing for an eviction. By the time they engage the sheriff to post, you will be out of there… haha! PS: I can be really bad so don’t follow my suggestions unless you can be a bad girl too… 🙂

• Contessa says:

Hey Vegas,

I am a very bad (older) girl when pushed to the wall. I come out fighting…I hate condescending little twits with a passion. She told me that I have to be in good standing with my rent and also with my security deposit. My landlord told me to use my security deposit as rent one month, and also I paid him half the rent for January, as I want to know what the closing date is on this property (as I will then pay him whatever else I owe).
                Anyway she brought up the $3000 relocation fee and now is backtracking as I think she wants to give it to the landlord (I have no control) acting like he lives here. What a joke

• Vegas Chick says:

If he claims that he was living in the house and takes money for relocation, it’s bank fraud, plain and simple. It’s a huge thing and most cities have a task force. It shouldn’t be hard to find their contact info in your area. Here you go:

• melthehound says:

Make them evict you. Until you move, it is your home. Realtor shmealtor.

• Contessa says:

I have decided I am taking my time and will not move out till 2/4/13…they can kiss my big wide donkey booty. You are wonderful and that is one of the reasons I love coming here – everyone is so supportive of everyone else. BIG XXXOOO to all!!!!!

6. Cathy Connor says:

Good Morning , Hope the New Year finds you all healthy, happy and well !! I myself am glad the holidays are over. My family and I got together at Christmas which was nice however there was a very large gaping hole that we all felt . My sisters absense was really hard for all of us. We tried to keep things normal for the little ones, but us adults were hurting ! Anyone who has lost a loved one can relate Im sure. We go on day by day some harder than others. I enjoy reading everyday still but dont always have the energy to comment. Thanks to everyone keeping things going especially NMD and company Love You All !!! Was still thinking about a get together in August here in Chicago !! I contacted the American Heart Asoc. about a fundraiser weekend in honor of Lynn . Any thoughts , Ideas suggestions greatly appreciated !!

Bobby is wrestling now , he won his first bout/meet then the next time there was nobody in his weightclass to wrestle but he enjoying it. His grades are all A”s and one B . Smart boy !! Love and Hugs Sincerly Cathy

Great to hear from you Cathy. I can imagine the holidays were rough for you and the family and hopefully they will be a little less sad as time goes by. Good to hear Bobby is keeping busy and doing well in school. Please keep in touch when you can.

• So good to hear from you Cathy! Thanks for checking in. I can imagine how hard the holidays were. Glad to hear Bobby is doing well, that is a great bright spot! Hugs & Prayers to you and the family!

Great to hear from you. I was thinking of you and the family this Christmas, knowing how difficult it must have been for you all. I am glad to hear that Bobby is doing well in school and his athletics. a big (HUG) to you all.

• Thanks for letting us know how you & the family are doing Cathy. Hugs to all of you!

• Cathy,

It’s great to hear from you. Lynn would be proud of Bobby and his achievements!

QBB – I’ve missed you!! How ’bout dem Aggies???! did your daughter go to the Cotton Bowl?

Happy New Year!! thanks for checking in..it’s nice to hear from you!

• WindyCityWondering says:

Cathy, your family is always in our thoughts and prayers and it is good to hear that you got through this holiday season. Love that Bobby is doing well too. Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

• designernailsdiana says:

Cathy,
      I thought about Lynn a lot too over the Holidays. I’ve prayed for you all and hope the pain begins to ease. She was watching over everyone and she will always be a whisper away.
      Go Bobby!!! He is indeed a smart boy.
      Keep in touch please on here or twitter.
      Hugs,
      Diana

• JustDee says:

Thanks for the update Cathy, prayers to you and your family.
      If at all possible I’d love to go to Chicago in August. I’m making a slight detour and picking up Kansas Girl on the way!

7. rabblerouser2010R says:

Hi everyone.
    I am looking forward to BH tonight. Did anyone catch the Stars In Danger thing? I missed it but saw a clip of the Richard sisters. It really didn’t look like they were diving from any great height to me- and Kim just jumped in feet first. I am not sure what the point of it all was…but it seemed a bit pathetic.

Anyway, please allow me to vent a little before I explode.

Back in October, we discovered that we over payed in our co-payments for our oldest daughter and for our family because we had long since reached our out of pocket maximum, so I called the insurance company to seek reimbursement . They told me it had to go to their department for accumulation of out of pocket max and the process could take 4-6 weeks.

Flash forward to Dec, when I called again to follow up and was told that that on Dec 4th they came to the sum of a $2000 overpayment for my oldest girl and another $800 for the family and that our check would probably be cut by the following week.

So I checked the mail every day and there was nothing.

So at the start of the month, I call again and speak to someone who tells me they will have someone call me back but that that person is on another call. They never called me back..so the next day I call again and the person I spoke to was trying to blow me off saying they would look into it but it might be 48 hours to a week…which pissed me off, so I wait a few more days then last Monday, I called and demand to speak to a supervisor.

They said they contact who ever it responsible for reimbursement but that they were probably gone for the day, so it might be a day or two before she could get back to me with an answer.

I waited until Friday and called her direct line and left a message….but I still don’t have an answer…or even a courtesy call. I specifically told the supervisor that part of my frustration was that people are promising to get an answer but then never follow up with me. I am getting to my breaking point where I might have our attorney send a demand letter.

Anyone been in this situation before? What would you do?

• Yes, insurance companies and doctors can mess you up. I had a dentist one time insist that I pay in full for my son’s wisdom teeth removal. Then they billed my insurance company, and kept the money! It took me 4 months of phone calls to get a small check (less than $200) back. I was so ripped off, as I paid the dentist more than what my insurance company allowed! My health insurance company told me that once they pay the doctor, it’s up to me to get the money back, if I paid the doctor too! What a racket. Now I never pay any doctor anything, until the insurance company pays out.

My last battle was from last summer when my son got stitches for a split lip. The plastic surgeon was charging over $3000 for less than 10 minutes. After my insurance company covered roughly $1000, the doctor continued to bill me. So I had the insurance company call the doctor’s office, to tell them nothing more was owed. Period. Guess what? A couple of weeks ago, the dr’s office billed me again. Had to call the insurance company who then called the dr’s billing office all over again…..what a con. The dr’s office thought I would just pay it. But I’ve learned my lesson.

We pay $1400 a month now for health care, had to drop dental. The insurance company is making crazy money off of us, as we rarely have health expenses. For the $16,800 I’ve paid for insurance, less than $3000 has been paid out by them. Yes, we are being robbed.

• *that was for 2012. My health insurance will go up for sure in 2013.

Yikes….I thought our premiums were bad. Our current premium is about 7k per year

It’s kind of crazy with all the billing-and in network and out of network stuff, co-insurance and co-pays. I feel like it’s a full time job to keep on top of it.

• PJ says:

My Mother had the same experience when my sister had to have her wisdom teeth removed. The Dr’s off ice insisted she pay up front and then they also got paid by the insurance company and never to returned any of the money.

Wow, that sucks. I hope your mom gave you their number, I would love to hear you tore a strip off of them 🙂

• PJ says:

Actually stepping in to help your parents is not always easy because they don’t want to admit to needing it. I make suggestions but if my mom doesn’t want to do it she doesn’t. In this case I think she just let go and there wasn’t much I could do.

That’s too bad.
              I think sometimes, some of these companies just give people the run around hoping that eventually they will just wear us down into submission.

• Dixie says:

Your state insurance department can help. They will have a consumer complaint division with people will have knowledge and advice. Give them a call asap.

• iceNfire says:

I no longer have health ins. but my DR. only charges me $40 for an office visit and I only go every 3 months for med. refils so I guess I’m getting off pretty cheap.

$40 is pretty cheap for a visit (without insurance) , since our co pays for regular office visits are $25 ($45 for a specialist). Hopefully , your medication is cheap.

They stopped making the generic seizure meds my daughter takes, so now I have to pay $70 out of pocket for them every 40 days or so (and that is with insurance).

• iceNfire says:

Iguess $40 is what doc got from my ins. company so when I lost it that’s what he charged me. I’m sure new patience (sp?) w/out ins. don’t get the discount but it would be nice if everyone got to pay the ins. rate whether they have ins. or not.
            We belong to Sam’s Club and I pay $28 a month for 2 scripts. I checked at Walgreens before and they wanted $60 for just 1. Our membership at Sam’s Club is $120. a year…idk if Sam’s Club is nationwide tho.

Thanks Dixie.

• WindyCityWondering says:

Hope you are keeping a log of all the calls/responses you are getting from the company. Sadly, you are not alone in this type of situation. We pay a high monthy premium and lately when we need services that the doctor has ordered, we are being asked to pay up front to some of these providers 50% of the cost before services are given! My doctor hates the hoops and paperwork that insurance companies are making them go through.

HI Windy, yes I have a log of the times and date I called- who I spoke to and what was said. They must also have a log because when I call, it takes them forever to read all the note on this because it goes back to Oct. I think they also have it logged when pushed back on one girl last week (the one who really pissed me off) because the guy I spoke today mentioned how there was a notation of then I called in Jan how I was told they still needed to come up with the amount- which I know was already done by Dec 4th. So I shot her down and said…I KNOW how much they OWE me, THEY KNOW how they OWE me…..the question that remains is WHERE IS MY MONEY.

The guy I spoke with today said he would message his supervisor and was honest enough to say, he probably wouldn’t get back to me today since on Mondays, they don’t allow them to make outgoing called because they have so many incoming ones….but he would try to sneak a call in if he got a response right away. But gave me a time that he would call tomorrow.

• iceNfire says:

This seems odd to me. When I did have ins. and needed to see a specialist or have xray/mri they just didn’t schedule me til they got the okay from ins. co. I was Never asked to pay up front. ( California here )

Dental always seems to want to be paid up front….our dentist will only charge us for the co-insurance part though.

• iceNfire says:

Yes Dentists are always that way. So sorry for your frustation dealing with this, it will get settled eventually plz try to keep it out of your thoughts today…. I know easier said than done.

• melthehound says:

Anyone been in this situation before? What would you do?
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Drive by..

Sorry RR but that’s the best answer I have. (I know you can’t do it but it is sort of fun to think about).

• designernailsdiana says:

I’m so glad my husband has great insurance. I paid less than $1,000 TOTAL for my foot surgery. My physical therapy started in December and they thought I was $1.76 from my deductible being met. Well it seems deductibles don’t count for PT. So the PT place offered me a discount for my past PT and current PT. I wasn’t arguing with paying less than my co pay. Sometimes good things happen to good people.
      I’ll be praying for a resolution to your repayment issue. $2,800 is a lot of money when you have a family. Ask for interest too.

For the year before, we had a different carrier and co-payments (for my kids therapy PT, OT and speech) under that plan didn’t count towards our out of pocket max, only the co-insurance did.
        I am glad it worked out for you in the end 🙂

Thanks for your prayers and kind words 😀

• Sus says:

I haven’t been in this situation but I have worked for an insurance company. Ins companies typically pay these types of refunds on a schedule – either monthly or quarterly. Most likely the people you are speaking with are being told the “check is in the mail”. But really, the check is scheduled to be sent. The check is probably printed and ready to go but won’t be released until the date it’s been scheduled for.

Insurance companies do this in the name of cash control.

Thanks Sus
        I kind of thought this too, especially when I called in early Dec and the person I spoke to gave me the date in Dec in which they issue checks..but it didn’t come.I figured that maybe they were trying to hold it back until the new year so they could finish their financial reporting with my $2,800 to add to their bottom line….

• cocfarm says:

I don’t have answers but I have a telling story. I needed surgery 15 years ago. I had left one job and was working at another. Both carried the same insurance but the new company was a 100% coverage on surgery. The former was 80%. I scheduled my surgery with my current 100% coverage and had my surgery. And then guess what? The bills started rolling in. I agonized over the fight I had ahead of me all because the old job never canceled me off their plan (took them two years to realise I left the company!). When I finally called for battle, the insurance co. took care of it right away. When I asked why the torture people with billing against the unregistered old plan, he came right out and said because it was to their advantage if they could get me to pay. I said they cause people to suffer while recovering which has to work against them in the long run and he said “yep, we know it.”

8. Kat from Ohio says:

i missed shahs and watched downton abbey.

here’s a spoiler, so WARNING if you haven’t watched yet:

i was so sad for edith 😦
    can’t believe he did that to her

9. iceNfire says:

Kudos to GG on her launch party! Was hard to watch her sister when she tried really hard to be happy for her, She didn’t quite pull it off and it looked to be a very uncomfortable situation but atleast she tried.
    I now love to hate Reza as much as persianpoppriestess

@RR: Funny I just mailed our quarterly premium….$3,200.00. That is with individual deductable of $2,600.00 per year. Oh the joys of having your own business.

• Sus says:

I know your pain 😦

In the same ‘pain’ here too. 😦

• Sus says:

You have to have pay it though. One cancer diagnosis can end up costing $350K. More if the cancer spreads.
          It stinks though. We could have a couple of really fancy vacations and lots more cash if we didn’t have to pay those premiums. Our monthly premium is almost 3 times our mortgage bill.

I hear you. We went without insurance for a while and it was scary knowing that if anything serious went wrong it could potentially bankrupt us which would in turn put our business in jeopardy. Thankfully all was okay that year.

Wow- $3,2000 per quarter?
      I hope you business generates enough profit so that that amount does gouge you. 🙂

11. djprincessc says:

What did everyone think of Atlanta last night?!!? The whole Kenya and Phaedra situation? Honestly I thought that Kenya was right (even though shes crazy) why in the world would she work for free?!!? And then when Phaedra sent out the tweet for the casting at Cynthia’s agency! That kinda sealed the deal for me. I love Phaedra, but she’s acting like Kim not wanting to pay people. But out of all people she should know better bc she had a FIT last season when Sheree didn’t pay her the lawyer fees!! Just my 2 cents 🙂

• iceNfire says:

Agree Phaedra was wrong in using Cynthia’s agency But I don’t think she had any written agreement with Kenya. She claims she spent 6 weeks working on Phaedra’s project but then in preview of next weeks show she claims 4 weeks. I have to side with Phaedra since I don’t believe anything Kendra says.

• djprincessc says:

That I have no sympathy for, working on a project with no contract is not something a smart person would do. BUT the fact that in negotiations Phaedra doesn’t think Kenya should be payed anything is wrong. Even Apollo was looking like damn thats not fair. Like I said the situation with Cynthia is what sealed it for me!

• WindyCityWondering says:

Since Kenya brought a distribution firm for consideration, she would likely get a fee not a percentage of distribution sales. Additionally, the distribution firm would be who she would negotiate with for another fee/percentage. IMO, asking for 10% was crazy.

• iceNfire says:

Was weird that Kenya showed up at the Bailey Agency for what was supposed to be a casting call since she admittedly said she didn’t know if she was working on the project or not. Way too pushy imo

• djprincessc says:

I actually thought when she went to talk to Kandi and Todd about it, that was really pushy but she did drop it after Kandi put her in her place. Other than that I didn’t think she was pushy, just trying to get answers. I don’t like Kenya but I think a lot of us just discredit her for EVERYTHING since we do think she’s crazy. JMO.

• Vegas Chick says:

Kenya was making her money out of the $100k budget and should have been paying Cynthia. She got greedy and Phaedra called her bluff.

• djprincessc says:

But how?!?!? When Kenya came up with the $100,000 budget, she indicated she was ready to negotiate this because she had no idea on how Phaedra wanted it produced, when Phaedra said that wasn’t going to happen I didn’t see Kenya making an issue out of it. To me the 10% was the issue. Like I said I love Phaedra but really bluff?? This is an attorney who got outsmarted by Sherees football player husband in court. To me Phaedra has just jumped from Attorney, to stun gun manufacturer, to funeral director and now its a fitness video? lol. I can’t take her seriously business-wise anymore.

• Called A Princess... says:

The Phaedra footballer husband court case story line was a complete Bravo/Sheree scam. Phaedra is way over the top, but so is Bravo and the shows need to fake legal interpersonal conflict for public consumption. Phaedra did not do herself any favors by getting sucked into the Sheree vortex. JMHO.

SCGirl. If you come to the site today or tonight, please let us know how you are doing.

Good evening everyone! I doubt it’s evening yet everywhere, but what a gorgeous sunset here in Central Texas. I guess we are doing something right here, because we have been blessed with the most beautiful sunrises and.sunsets day in and out this winter. That’s all, just appreciating something that seems unique this time of year!