Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta and Married to Medicine

Real Housewives of Atlanta

It’s an all-Atlanta night, with Real Housewives of Atlanta serving as a warm-up to another group of ATL ladies – Married to Medicine.

Last we left our housewives, Kenya was reeling from having to see ex-fake boyfriend Walter at not one but two housewife events.  I have to say that Kenya brought it upon herself by insulting his manhood on national TV.  Once Walter got wind of that he had to prove that he wasn’t gay by bringing a tall drink of water to Kandi’s housewarming party.  We’ll  learn that Kandi’s friend, Don Juan, left Walter on the invitation list because he didn’t realize they had broken up.  Kenya will “freak out” and leave the party in a panic.  She continues to freak out on twitter and has accused the “men” of Atlanta of messing in the situation and causing trouble.  Namely it’s Peter Thomas she’s mad at – because he seems to be fully on Walter’s side.  I can’t tell if Kenya is seriously trying to cover up the fake relationship, is just a little cray cray and over reacting, or is using this as another opportunity for free press.  She’s pretty serious about bringing drama to housewives.

This episode will feature Cynthia Bailey trying to talk some sense into Kenya.  Bless her.  She’s got a good heart.  But perhaps not the quickest to recognize the con.

Phaedra, who got Kenya’s number quickly, now has to deal with the competing workout DVDs.

Porsha is going to get some advice on her relationship.  Run, Porsha, Run.

There’s going to be some Nene and Gregg time this episode.  It’s hard to remember she’s still on this show.

And Kandi will have a Bedroom Kandi sales event.  I think I’ve had enough of the Bedroom Kandi story line.  At least next season we can look forward to her planning a wedding.

______________________________________________

Preview of Married to Medicine (premieres tonight at 9 PM on Bravo) by BB

MTMWhen I saw the list of the programs on NMD’s call for bloggers, I went to Bravo’s website to see if any of their new programming looked interesting.  Described on Bravo’s website as a “fast-paced and drama-filled social scene of Atlanta’s exclusive medical inner circle,” Married to Medicine looked like it could possibly be a contender.  The cast biographies certainly tend to portray them as highly-accomplished women who seem to have a lot going for them.  I told NMD I’d give it a shot.  Hopefully, it won’t turn out to be another group of back-stabbing mostly shallow women who are only out for themselves or engage in silly games of one-upmanship.    I can dare to dream, can’t I?   Here’s a synopsis of the cast:

jackie-walters-headJacqueline “Jackie” Walters – OB-GYN whose patients include Tony Braxton, T.I. and Usher (?) is a two-time breast cancer survivor.  She’s married to husband Curtis and has a daughter by marriage Kursten.  Her motto is “thin is in” with an obsession for eating healthy and excessive exercise.

kari-wells-headKari Wells – British-born model married for 10 years to Columbian raised orthopedic surgeon Duncan Wells.  She serves as CFO of her husband’s ortho practice and medical realty company.  They have two children Alexa 8 and Bryson 7.  Kari speaks four languages and supports many charitable organizations.  They love to travel.

MariahMariah Huq – Mother of two and married to Dr. Aydin Huq, an emergency physician and native of Bangladesh.  They have two children, Lauren-Taylor, 8, and Ethan-Tyler 6.  She is the founder/CEO of Mariah Media Group, troop leader of her daughter’s Girl Scout Troop, and a producer of Married to Medicine.  She is also the CEO of her latest venture, Jewel and Jem, a children’s décor and pajama company, which she runs with her sister, Lake.

QuadQuad Webb-Lunceford or “Black Barbie” as she is known in her social circle, is newly wed to psychiatrist Dr. Gregory Lunceford, 13 years her senior.  They are the proud parents of two pampered pooches: Khloe and Kar’ie.  The first in her family to attend college, Quad’s work ethic has landed her in the top 10 percent in the medical sales industry.

SimoneSimone Whitmore, is an independent OB-GYN married 16 years to Cecil   They have two children Miles, 14 and Michael, 10.  She runs her practice and house with an iron fist.  She has a solo practice and while her staff may call her “The Warden” and “Witchmore,” Simone simply likes hard workers and refuses  to settle for mediocrity.  She participates as a mentor for her alma-mater Spellman College and a high school.

ToyaToya Bush-Harris is a pharmaceutical rep and business consultant married to emergency medical physician Eugene Harris.  They have two sons, Ashton 3 and Avery 1.  Toya is helping to launch her husband’s medical concierge business and working on publishing a children’s nursery book series.  On top of family commitments and career projects, Toya and her family are in the process of building a home conducive to their growing family.

Even though this is a Bravo show and my expectations aren’t that high, I’m willing to give it a chance.

This entry was posted in Atlanta, Let's Chat, Married to Medicine and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta and Married to Medicine

Howdy everyone. Are you ready for tv tonight? I’m really looking forward to Revenge.

• $25,000 says:

I’m interested to see what will happen on Atlanta tonight and if Walter’s date gives him hell for leaving her to sit by herself all night.

2. LA Debra says:

Sunday night is a great tv night for me. Once Upon A Tome, RHOA, Revenge, Housee of Lies, the Mentalist, Vikings, Red Widow …. My DVR works non-stop. Ha!

3. plainviewsue says:

Sunday night is great! OUAT, Revenge, Good Wife & Client List, which is just okay, but I watch it anyway!

So I just checked on my recent twitter followers & wacko Jacko’s mom is following me. I don’t get it. She blocked me during last season. Why would she follow me? Too crazy.

Elvira & the new castmate Jennifer tweeted pics last night of them out to dinner with Teresa & Jacqueline. I cannot believe that Tre would even sit at the same time as that snake Jac. I tweeted Elvira bout it & she was sweet enuf to answer back.

@plainviewsue: @PartyElvira @flygirljennifer @Teresa_Giudice @JacLaurita Yes Elvira, you r a friend. But Jac was beyond horrid to Teresa. I’d never forgive

@PartyElvira :@plainviewsue @flygirljennifer @teresa_giudice @jaclaurita
    I’m a friend & as a friend, I’m by @Teresa_Giudice side.Forgiveness is necessary

Teresa, as has been said many times, is a good Bravo employee & will do what she has to do. If she can forgive Jacq, she’s a better person that I am. Would just like to know if wacko ever apologized to her.

Gosh I would be such a terrible Bravo employee. I would not go out to dinner w/Jac, not invite FayeK to my house & if she crashed I’d show her the door, I’d tell Trampra to go find a brain, tell Gretchen to pull her head out, tell Vicki to see a psychiatrist, tell Kyle to grow the eff up, tell Kenya to twirl her azz into the ground, tell Phaedra to stop wearing tight azz clothes, tell Porsha to grow up & tell her husband to find a hobby cause being the boss of me is not it, tell Caro to take the training wheels off her boys bikes & be a real mother to Lauren, tell the Gorgas they are not cute, tell Aviva to see a psychiatrist w/Vicki. I could go on. Bravo would tell me they want their money back.

4. Rebecca says:

Just taking a break from class to remind y’all

NMD is a rock star!!!

5. $25,000 says:

I’m impressed that Kenya is taking Cynthia’s constructive criticism in a mature manner! I was afraid Kenya was going to flip out on her. I’m not much of a Cynthia fan, but I thought her advice to Kenya was spot on!

She’s the Braxton’s therapist on Braxton Family Values.

Does anyone have NMD’s e-mail address? Please.

8. $25,000 says:

I’m not sure I’m ready for another Bedroom Kandi event, but I wish Kandi much success.

9. Kat from Ohio says:

i’m glad nene and gregg made it work

• $25,000 says:

Me too!

Me too. And I think they’ll be fine because if he acts up again he knows where that will leave him

I wonder if he’s really.doing real estate in Cali.

• $25,000 says:

I hope he is and that it goes well for him although I don’t think California is a good place to be doing real estate right now.

• princesspindy says:

I still think the divorce was to somehow keep the $ she was making from HW safe from any legal stuff they were going thru, allegedly. I don’t know the details and I am just thinking outloud, but I think they did some hocus pocus, financially speaking….. IPPHO!

BB I’m glad to see you’re tackling Married to Med. I’m not going to have high hopes either for the simple fact that the profiles are always very flowery & glowing & what they really do is a let down, but we’ll see.

• $25,000 says:

I don’t think I’ll watch it. There are so many shows I am trying to find time to watch that I am going to sit that one out.

I’m going to give it a shot, but if it’s the same old Bravo crap as the others, I’m outta there Well, now I’m off to watch THE WALKING DEAD, most awesome show on TV right now bar none IMO. Later, y’all.

• $25,000 says:

enjoy!

• Uh oh – just watched the preview. Looks like another housewives show.

• $25,000 says:

That’s what I thought it would be like. I have loved the housewives shows but I am not wanting to start in watching any more of those type of shows right now. I watch BH, ATL, NJ, OC and NY and that’s enough for me. I watched Miami a little bit this past season and I liked it, but not enough to watch it more than three or four times. I have been getting fed up with the way Bravo tinkers so much with reality recently.

i have last week & this week to watch now.

Thank-you NMD. I just bought a new MAC that cost me a fourtune but it can’t download
    the Vancouver Housewives!

12. $25,000 says:

Greg is being so sweet!

13. $25,000 says:

Wow. The next ATL epi looks drama filled!

14. I do like that they have two real doctors (not wives) on the show.

15. melthehound says:

Another bravo dandy andy shitfest. What else is on?

16. NJBev says:

This show “Married to Medicine” is the worst of the worst est.
    What a fake piece of shit. Oh My G*d,

From the “producers” unhidden prodding to the
    terrible camera work. it sucks.

sorry, my friends, for the foul language.

17. NJBev says:

When my daughter was a baby the show of the “Millennium”
    was about a purple Dinosaur called “Barney”
    I thought the show was poorly produced.
    I remember telling friends that I could produce a better show
    in my garage.
    I’m sorry Barney. I was wrong.

• princesspindy says:

LOL, I had the original video that they produced and Barney was much more blue than purple! I got so sick of that Dinosaur, but omg, my kids would cry when he was over and my daughter called him Bahboo!!

• KTinCT says:

I was made aware of Barney 15 years ago while babysitting. Barney is still alive and well coming to our tv every weekday at 11:00 on PBS. My daughter loves him, we actually took her to see his show here in CT at the Oakdale Theatre, and we had a wonderful time watching her see him “come to life”.
      The show she watches now is called, “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood” and it is produced by those that produced “Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood” and it is the same format but animated and is centered around Mr. Roger’s puppet, Daniel Tiger.

Hi KT – I think Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood is an award winning show. I’ve never seen it, but have heard it’s quality programming for the “Chillens.” My kids loved Barney too. Daughter has a Barney Christmas ornament. They both had Barney stuff animals. They also loved Raffi music, oh and Joe Scruggs.

• Contessa says:

When my friends kids were small I was forced to watch purple Barney so often that I cannot look at the color purple anymore – LOL. Thank for the review on the show. I am truly surprised that high ranking women doctors agreed to this trash…haven’t watched yet, but will see if I want to. I don’t think I want to invest anymore time into the Bravo shows, as I put in enough on the HW…LOL.

18. Orson says:

I’m watching Bar Rescue instead of RH tonight. I no longer find Atl amusing.

19. nyc mama says:

I can’t do anymore new Bravo shows. Once BH is over I am done. I don’t even want to watch NJ this coming season since it will just be more of the same. I don’t like the Gorgas, Giudices, et al or any of them and now with Kim D and Elvira as official friends it only solidifies my feelings. I haven’t watched NY for the last 2 years so unless there is someone/thing of interest I won’t be viewing that either even though I have a soft spot for Carole and Sonja.

So until Bravo comes up with something of interest or at the least, mindlessly entertaining I will be Bravo free until BH comes back– unless Faye becomes an official housewife then I will live in an entirely Bravo free zone.

20. There must be something wrong with me. I enjoyed it. Sort of like a cross between Basketball wives, Mob Wives, and Housewives.

21. djprincessc says:

I’m watching Atlanta when Walter says he likes his women like he likes his rims, 22’s, 24’s 26’s and let me just say how that INFURIATES me!!! I’m 27 and I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole!! Or any of my gfs for that matter!! I can’t believe he thinks that any girl around my age would want his greasy chia pet looking ass!!

p.s. I miss all you wonderful ladies!! xo!!

Well put, honey!!! I was wondering would a 22, 24 or 26 y.o. even look twice (or once) at his unfortunate self??

• djprincessc says:

Only if they wanted his money and he owns a tow truck company so its not like hes a gazillionaire! He really thinks highly of himself and I have no clue why!

22. princesspindy says:

I only saw the very end of the AR’s apology to Vietnam vets, I can only think that it was the B52 crash site, I was so shocked by it……. I am glad that they apologized

• princesspindy says:

As the wife of a Vietnam Vet.

• iceNfire says:

wait, what? I have AR playing as background music…what did I miss? Married to a Vietnam Vet PPindy? Please tell him I said “Thank You”
        In All Sincerity,
        Sadie

• melthehound says:

Last weeks episode took the racers to Hanoi Vietnam. One of the sites used in the race (after touting communism as something great in one of the detours) was a B-52 crash site where they have memorialized the remains of a B-52 bomber as a war trophy. I thought it rude then to use that as one of the stops on the leg of the race, still do and will tomorrow, regardless of how many times someone apologizes for it. No I am not a Vietnam vet but my father was, USAF.

• princesspindy says:

There was a apology at the beginning of the show this week apologizing to V. Vets and their friends and families. The only thing I saw last week that took me aback was that they used the crash site of the B52 as a point to get their clues….at the time I was like wtf, I will tell my hubby.

Yes, I was scratching my head over that one. And then the song…wow, not cool. They closed the show with that song, too. I’m with ICE please tell your hubby THANK YOU for serving our country.

My husband and I went to a movie and I missed AR. I had my dvr set to record it, but all I got was 60 damn minutes. Oh well,…I guess I’ll hulu it.

• princesspindy says:

Oh, the song on the stage, yeah that was sad…. they really should have done a little more research, I want to blame it on young PAs but still….
              As Camille would say, “…and that’s not cool”

Yes, love. And again, THANKS to your man for fighting for us. Just got back from watching “Lincoln”…watching those battle scenes and the heartbreak of lives lost and sacrifices made, it really brings home how far we’ve come and how a huge network like CBS would have allowed that scene and/or that song to be played. Just out of respect for those who served,…it’s ignorant at best and at its worst…it was completely, completely out of touch with the sacrifices made by our service men and women and their families throughout the years in all wars and conflicts.

• KTinCT says:

Sorry, princesspindy, there I am going on about Barney and Daniel Tiger, I didn’t realize (nor was I watching) that they were filming at a site that should be mentioned and honored….My thanks to you and your husband

• iceNfire says:

Hi KTinCt – I find myself in the ‘clueless corner’ often (Welcome…I could use the company ) How is little one doing with Grandma (iforgotwhere) Did you do the balloon thing?…I’m out for the night and will catch up in morning. Sweet Dreams All

23. Is anyone watching the diving show “Splash?” It’s actually really fun…especially the professional divers and synchronized swimmers. But man, that 10 meter high dive is insane! Or as Mauricio would say, ‘uhhhhhmaaaaaaaaaaazing!’

no, I didn’t watch it…I’ll catch it on my iPad, if it was fun. Fun is good.

• lillybee says:

I thought it was fun. Poor Kareem, he is 65 and 7ft. 2in. is not a divers body but he gave it the old college try. BTW, I still haven’t forgiven him for not going to St. John’s.

Good Morning. Monday…..Blah.

On the afternoon news they are going to announce the one person who won the big Power Ball. $340 million. When I check to see who won, if I read any Manzo name, I am going to end up in jail.

NJBev~~~~~Morning honey.

Don’t worry a Manzo didn’t win! I got super excited when I heard it was sold in this area-then was let down again when it wasn’t me! It’s a truck driver, they sold the ticket at a truck stop in bordentown on the turnpike. Lucky bastard!