Real Housewives of Miami in Los Angeles / Project Runway – Season Finale

Real Housewives of Miami in Los Angeles

Celebrating Joanna’s birthday and checking out things for her wedding?  Photo credits: Twitter feeds @dianamadison for the first photo – lisa hochstein for the second.

joanna lisa lea2 joanna lisa lea
______________________________

Project Runway “Teams Edition” Season Finale by BB

Three designers will be showing at Lincoln Center: Michelle, Patricia and Stanley.  Michelle “the rebel” is peaking at the right time, so she’s definitely a contender.  Stanley has consistently won during the season, so he deserves to be there, even though his three-look show last week was uninspiring and put him in the bottom for the first time.  He needs to kick it up a notch to win the whole thing.  Patricia is the wild card with her Native-American inspired designs.  She needs to make sure her line is cohesive and doesn’t look like a huge arts and crafts project.

The three designers still have their assistants; Amanda with Michelle; Richard with Stanley; and Layana with Patricia.  Tim comes to the work room with a surprise.  They will be getting another $500 and a last trip to Mood.

Stanley is not making anything new, but he wants to redo five of his dresses.  Michelle has one outfit she calls a “sore thumb” so she’s going to do a new look to add more color.  Patricia wants to change four of her looks to make her line more cohesive.  Layana is a little worried about how ambitious Patricia is being with only a short amount of time left.

Each designer meets with the make-up consultant trying to keep the judges’ past comments in mind.  With two days to go until final runway, Stanley is confident he knows what the judges want.  Patricia has a whole lotta work left to do.  Michelle is trying to tone down her accessories, but it’s difficult for her.

Heidi and TimTim arrives to check on their progress.  He loves Michelle’s new look, but doesn’t like her bleeding hearts sweater because it doesn’t go with her collection.  Overall, Tim thinks Michelle’s collection is extremely innovative and sexy.

When Tim gets to Stanley, he doesn’t see what Stanley sees.  He tells Stanley it looks like he got two of his pieces at a vintage shop and he needs to push back at the vintage aspect.  Stanley kind of takes the vintage remark as a compliment.

Patricia tells Tim her collection is going to be more cohesive, but not totally cohesive.  He tells her she cannot send black leather pants with two holes in them down the runway at fashion week.  Patricia is so disorganized she can’t find two of her scarves or some fabric she purchased.  Tim tells Patricia to repeat a textile on one of her looks to get a more cohesive look.  At that point, he’s not a happy camper about Patricia’s collection.  He’s exhausted after talking to Patricia.

Tim leaves the designers to their work.  The models show up sporadically for their fittings.  Stanley takes the most time with his models because he’s actually constructing his designs while they’re on the models.  Patricia is trying to figure out how she can use her great leather pants with the holes in them, because they look good other than the holes.

On the last day before the runway, all three designers have their problems.  Patricia and Stanley have work left to do and Michelle has zipper problems with one of her looks.  Tim comes in and tells the assistants they have to leave.  Michelle gets emotional when Amanda leaves.  Right after that, the families of the designers arrive.  Patricia’s children show up.  Michelle’s brother and husband are there for her, and Stanley’s partner and mom show up for support.  Stanley wishes his mom could stay and help him sew.  The families only get to stay a short time and then they have to leave.  Tim comes and tells the designers they have until 5 PM to finish up.  They can take their sewing kits to the runway with them the next day and will have people there to help them backstage.

Tim tells them Michael Kors will be a judge the next day and that he’s powerful with the other judges.  He gets a little teary-eyed as he leaves the work room.  Patricia figures out how to fix her holey leather pants problem.  She’s going to make more holes.  Michelle whispers to Patricia that Stanley is in bad shape because he doesn’t have any of his stuff together.  Michelle steps in to help.  He still has four dresses and a top that need to be completed and he is feeling sick.  Michelle is seriously worried about Stanley because, at the end of the day, he doesn’t have one look ready to be put on a model.

It’s runway day!  Michelle and Patricia are excited and giddy.  Stanley is freaking out and getting really, really nervous.  Michelle offers to give four of her six backstage sewers to Stanley.  The three of them arrive at Lincoln Center early that morning.  I always like to see how awestruck the designers are when they enter the venue.

Once they get backstage, it’s chaotic for all three to get the finishing touches on their designs.  Michelle pretty much only needs steaming and pressing on her clothes.  Not so for Patricia and Stanley who still have some sewing to do.  Michelle helped Stanley pack up to go to Lincoln Center so she knows he has mountains of work left.  30 minutes before the show, Stanley is still making a dress.  The judges take the runway and I see celebrities and former Project Runway contestants sitting in the audience.

Tim is flabbergasted and has never, in all his previous seasons of Project Runway, seen anything like what’s going on in Stanley’s corner with four people still sewing his dresses.

JudgesHeidi comes to the stage and introduces the judges; Zac, Nina and Michael.  Michelle’s show is first.  She comes out and recognizes her husband, brother and parents.  Her collection is cohesive with a mixture of textures like quilted fabric, leather, and jersey type knits.  While she’s talking with Tim backstage, she calls it pretty and fierce at the same time.  Tim tells her he’s totally captivated.  Michael Kors is making lots of notes.  She includes her bleeding hearts sweater.  I like her last look, which is a long russet colored gown with gold grommets on the sides.  Michelle is going to be a hard act to follow.

Michelle

While Stanley is still sewing backstage, Patricia comes to the stage and greets the audience in her native language.  She dedicates her line to trees.  Patricia’s first look reminds me of a pink nightgown I once owned.  All of her looks are pure Patricia and she stayed true to herself.  I like her holey pants outfit.  From looking at the judges, I think Zac likes Patricia’s collection.  Heidi looks like she may be disappointed to see that Patricia didn’t really change the dress from her three-look collection the judges weren’t crazy about.  I don’t like Patricia’s collection as a whole, but I have to give her props for imagination and creativity.

Patricia

Here comes Stanley and let’s hope his outfits don’t fall apart on the runway!  His collection went for the sleek and sophisticated look.  He used a lot of silk and satiny fabrics and definitely made improvements to his three-look dresses.  I’m not sure if Stanley did enough to win it.

Stanley

If I were to pick a winner, it would be Michelle.  Will the judges agree?  Michael is there with an objective view because he knows nothing about the designers.  Heidi brings all three designers to the mini-runway and each judge tells them how proud they are of them.  Then the last-look models come to the runway.

Michelle explains her female wolf inspired collection.  Nina calls her opening look phenomenal and liked that she offered a lot of interchangeable pieces.  Nina was most crazy about the bleeding heart sweater.  Michael loved, loved, loved her opening look but didn’t love her felt gown at the end.  He told her to not feel like she had to have a gown for the end of the show.  Heidi liked the cohesiveness, but didn’t like some of her silhouettes.  Michael also thought her chiffon ties were costumey, but Zac disagreed slightly.  He thinks her work is amazing.

Patricia explains her “tree” collection and she made all of her textiles, dye, embellishments, etc.  Michael loved her suede shirt and shorts.  At the beginning he thought it might be the art teacher on an acid trip.  Heidi noticed the crowd light up at Patricia’s show and tells Patricia she’s been a fan of hers from the beginning.  Zac loves her techno pow wow last look; however, he thinks some of her textiles feel older and not fresh.  Nina tells Patricia she also loves her last look dress and she’s very talented; however some of her pieces were very disconnected.  Nina still thinks Patricia needs to clean it up.

Heidi asks Stanley who his woman is because she really can’t tell.  Michael loved the gold coat dress, the strapless bubble dress and the little white dress.  He calls his last look Betty White from Dancing With the Stars. Ouch. I’m guessing the fact that Stanley got other people to do his embroidery work will not be in his favor.  Heidi noticed some of his designs looked last minute coming to the runway.  All of the judges agree his last gown looks old lady.  Nina says some of Stanley’s pieces are really special, but she may have paired some of his separates differently.

Each designer states why they should win Project Runway and then leave the runway so the decision can be made.  The judges don’t think Stanley’s collection was exciting enough.  Nina doesn’t think Stanley listened when they told him to make his clothes more modern.  Michael doesn’t think Stanley had anything to say and Heidi thinks he worked better in a team situation rather than on his own.

The judges think Patricia is doing things new and different and can’t get over how she pays such attention to artistic detail.  Nina is conspicuously silent while the other three are singing Patricia’s praises.

Michael loved the quilting of Michelle’s clothes and they all loved the bleeding heart sweater.  Heidi thinks Michelle over-designed, and doesn’t agree with the others on one of her layered looks.

Nina thinks the judges are being too swayed by Patricia’s artistic techniques, and she thinks Michelle is “of the moment.”  Nina doesn’t know who Patricia’s customer is, but Heidi thinks it may be time to give someone who’s “out there” like her a chance.  Zac and Heidi are leaning towards Patricia and Nina is leaning towards Michelle.  Not sure who Michael prefers, but the winner is going to be a woman.  Will Nina get her way this time?

When the three designers come out, Stanley is immediately eliminated for his non-modern collection.  It’s down to the ladies.  Heidi tells Michelle the judges were in love with most of her pieces and tells Patricia her collection was one of a kind and she marched to the beat of her own drummer.  Heidi says the name “Patricia” and I’m thinking she’s going to be named the winner, but she’s not.  She’s out.

Heidi comes to the stage to congratulate Michelle on winning Project Runway Season 11. I agree with the judges’ decision.

I’m glad NMD talked a reluctant me into blogging Project Runway this season.  When I saw it was teams, I wasn’t very excited about it, but I truly enjoyed the concept.

__________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Project Runway and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

199 Responses to Real Housewives of Miami in Los Angeles / Project Runway – Season Finale

Good morning everyone! We made it. It’s TGIF! 🙂

We should have a great weekend weather wise. I hope you have a great day

Diva. Put some TGIF music on for us. 😀

2. chismosa says:

Not happy with PR this season but at least it wasn’t a “Gretchen” year. You could
    tell who was doing to win by the first 15 minutes. Snooze 💤💤

Can’t believe there is a reunion next week! I hope some of them have at yappy talking-head happy Michelle for her nasty commentary on every contestant.

Have a great Friday everyone. ⭐⭐

Out of the three remaining, Michelle deserved to win. Even though she talked a little smack about the others, most of what she said was true and accurate. And she was helpful to Stanley at the end when she really didn’t have to be.

Sure I just didnt like the season overall — and whatever about Michelle I still don’t care for her personality so much so that unfortunately it overshadowed any nice designs she made — Sad to say. Jmho! I know others like her a lot, happy for you all.

Too brittle, cold, harsh, pompous for me. That is why I adored Dimitri last year! Hopefully next season will be good.
        Unless, is there an All stars next?
        Man this show was so much better years ago on Bravo.

BB has a new dress on. 🙂

Who was “going to win”. 🙇

• lurker315 says:

Thought Heidi was not looking her normal flawless self. Maybe this was taped shortly after her breakup with Seal,

I believe the judges picked the correct winner last night. Michelle’s collection was one of my favorites of all-time. But I also loved Patricia’s as well – it just didn’t have the cohesion that Michelle’s did, which doesn’t bother me, but the judges will nail you for it every time!

Stanley choked big time! He really fell to the pressure like no one I have ever seen. Plus who in the heck was he designing for – Carol Brady?

Michelle did come off a bit judgmental early in the season and I didn’t like her. But as things went along, she started to show her nicer side. Can’t blame her for being so grumpy though because she always was on the losing team. That would make me cranky as well! Plus I really, really, really dislike her tattoos – so distracting!

I always enjoy the reunions – that’s when everyone’s true colors come out. I think Richard will take a big hit and it looks like Daniel gets some shade thrown his way.

It’s another sunny day in Huskerland. My husband and son will hit the links for the first time this year while I toil away at work. Hope everyone’s weekend is super duper good!

I don’t dislike any of them. Michelle had her moments in her Talking Heads, but I think, iirc, that they all did that. Even Daniel who I really like as a person also let his ego get carried a way a bit a couple of times. Nobody’s perfect. It’s completely expected to be a little bit hypocritical,…or it should be expected to a certain degree. It does make the show more interesting for the viewer. I think Patricia deserved to win based solely on her originality and except for the big head gear, I thought her stuff looked the most wearable for a real woman who isn’t trying to look like she’s in a military uniform (Michelle or starring in the Hunger Games). Stanley’s line was pretty, but not as original as Patricia.

I don’t know anyone young or old who would wear Michelle’s stuff. I could see it being a bit watered down, maybe not so uniformish, so military, so rigid and some of those front pleats look a bit too much like elephant trunks or penii to me. But maybe it’s just me. I could see a hint of her style on a garment, but it was way too hard and why don’t we all just say it….It’s totally inspired by the Hunger Games. That’s not altogether so original. Again, maybe it’s just me.

Lainey Hunger Games is perfect analogy! She would even make straps on the back to hold your arrows in.

She sure loves the embellishes to hold things. Lol

OK, I’m glad you see it, too. She was just so into her style…which is fine,….but I kept wanting to yell at the t.v…..IT’S NOT AS UNIQUE AS YOU THINK!!! WATCH THE HUNGER GAMES!!!

• trudie says:

Patricia made beautiful and unique fabrics, but she didn’t really manipulate them all that well. I think the judges were more impressed that she created the fabrics than they were with her designs.

Stanley was just confusing to me. They had something like 5 months to create their collections and he still wasn’t ready the day do the runway show. I can’t fathom that. If you look at the close ups of his collection on the Lifetime site, you can see that the zipper on that white dress with the gold embroidery wasn’t even sewn in properly. One side is higher than the other. He really blew his shot to show what he is capable of, in front of some important industry people. It is a shame because I think his clothes (not necessarily from his final collection, but throughout the season were more market friendly.

Michelle’s collection was a true collection. Every piece had some commonality. Plus, I really liked the fact that her two sweaters where made by one of the other contestants on the show.

3. Stars99 says:

Hi Powellypooh (Can I call you that, too?… lol) – Hope you have an amazing weekend!

BB – You always do such a great job on your recaps. I haven’t seen the season finale of Project Runway yet – but I read your recap and I’m not sure I even need to watch it now. It’s fun how it feels like we’re watching the episode along with you as we read your words. Quite frankly, it’s amazing that you can still recap and be a caretaker at the same time! Well – and, not to mention a new Nana, too! Thanks so much for your hard work – You really have recapped so many shows and you make it look so deceivingly easy and effortless – and I unfortunately, too often take it for granted. Thanks so much, BB – you truly rock! = )

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday! I loved all of the designer’s looks. For me there was pieces in each of their collections and I liked and did not like. I thought Stanley was the most cohesive of the collections. Maybe I just don’t have an “eye” for fashion. They were all talented.

Wait, doesn’t Nina always get her way? Or have we ever had a winner that Nina blatantly didnt like? She has a terrible poker face so it’s so easy to tell

Yep, Nina usually gets her way. This time I happened to agree with her, when usually I do not.

5. cocfarm says:

Must be a tough day at tmz for news, but this did make me laugh!

6. lizzle says:

I’m glad you blogged the show as well, BB. I loved scrolling down to the pics everytime you posted. And then I would go back up and read. Contest reality tv makes me nervous, so I don’t watch much of it. Thanks for the recaps!

7. Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Thanks NMD for the blog and BB for the Project Runway recap! I actually stayed awake for the end. Michelle was never my favorite all season…but of the 3 that made it, her collection was the best IMO. I don’t know what happened to Stanley at the end there, but I liked him all season and thought he might take the win. I think maybe he ran out of steam because he sure did not “bring it”. I did not really like Patricia’s looks either, but I give her props for being innovative and sticking to it. Next weeks Reunion looks just peachy. 😦 I hate it when they do this…..I don’t necessarily want to see them all bickering with each other and saying negative things. Can’t they leave well enough alone? Of course…I could not watch it! 😛

I hope everyone is feeling good one way or another today!! And wishing you a wonderful weekend!

New post, “The Balance In Thinking” + all the goodies, is up at my place. Enjoy!

8. FLASHBACK FRIDAY…..
    here’s a link for a quick background and some music BADFINGER… brought back some good memories for me for sure..

SHOCKED that NO SHOW George Jones has passed away…met him in person back in late 1979 when I helped open a C & W bar / rest. in Lake Worth. He was so warm and pleasant and actually got on stage and sang the song BB posted. People there thought he was an impersonator at first… his steel guitar player kept in touch with us at the bar and would stop by occasionally. They both had friends that lived in Palm Beach ( the island ) and came to Fla quite often. I’ll have to go look thru my albums and see if I have the pic of us together.. So happy to have good memories from the past that I can flashback to every now and then….
    Hoping that everyone is feeling GREAT TODAY… Working at the coal mines for the next 3 nights… asking for Sunday the 12th off..It’s Mothers Day and with Mom getting up there in age , all of us girls…well 3 of us anyways… want to take her dinner and look thru pic. albums and go back in time.. she hasn’t been feeling well these past few weeks and she talks about not being around much longer… she says that every year… I tell her she’s a tough old broad and will prob out live me…lol Her BOYFRIEND Archie , from Texas arrives next Wed … he’s a hoot… short little Scottish dude with pure white hair and the prettiest sparkling blue eyes you have ever seen.. and of course..a very pronounced Scottish accent… I am glad he’s coming , as he lifts her spirits and gives her something else to bitch about…hehehehehehe…..
    Off to read some emails… been lacking in that dept for sure…

hugs and peace
    diva

So glad that brought back fond memories. Play your album and continue your walk down memory lane. 🙂

Well I would think they’d give you Mother’s Day off. Sounds like you & your sisters have a good plan.

Have fun at the salt mines on your three days. You’re wearing your garlic necklace in case you see Mr. McCreepy. Take care

#HappyBirthdayCarolBurnett one of my fav funny ladies.

Me too!

BB – Thanks for Project Runway – I can’t believe they are going to have a reunion. Hope your Mom is accepting being at your house alright – enjoy your time at home as best you can!

TT – Right now mom’s griping about it being cold in my house. It’s not. I told her she could put more clothes on, but I can’t take any more off. It was the same way at her house by the way.

10. Buttercream says:

Thank you BB for the re-cap! Can’t wait to watch it later tonight! TGIF everyone! What a wild weather week we’ve had! Enjoy your weekend! 🙂 Reunion Show for Project Runway should be interesting as they all have worked in teams with each other and know each other more so with this format … Nice to see a woman win for a change!

A woman hasn’t won for a couple of yrs right?

Season 1 – Jay McCarroll
        Season 1 – Chloe Dao
        Season 3 – Jeffrey Sebelia
        Season 4 – Christian Siriano
        Season 5 – Leanne Marshall
        Season 6 – Irina Shabayeva
        Season 7 – Seth Aaron Henderson
        Season 8 – Gretchen Jones
        Season 9 – Anya Ayoung-Chee
        Season 10 – Dmitry Sholokhov

Thanks for the layout– I was so perTURD with Gretchen, Irina, and Anya. Loved the rest. Dmitry- what a sweetie

I remember they said that Christian is the one who is a true “prodigy” in every sense of the word

And he is the most successful, right?!

😆 @ perTURD. I hope they know how much milage we get from Porsha’s vocabulary!!!

And I literally own the DVD of the season with Santino on it— haha! Who won that season I don’t even know ?
            Best season! “Where’s Andre???!!!”

so funny…”make it work, make it work”

I think Jeffrey won that season if I’m not mistaken

The season with Andre I believe Chole was the winner with Daniel and Santino coming in at 2nd and 3rd? Jeffery won the next season with Laura(-pregnant I believe) and Michael. I used to be a faithful PR watcher back then!!!

• djprincessc says:

I die for Christian Siriano! He is soooooo funny, and whiney and beyond talented!

11. princesspindy says:

I like Michelle from day one. I didn’t think she was bitchy, maybe I am like the frog in the pot, that you turn up the water and it stays until it’s boiled…..in other words the HWs have numbed me to bitchy, lol! I loved this season of PR!!! I thought it was great. I was shocked, shocked I tell ya, that Stanley choked so Big Time. He was saddled with that looser Richard so that didn’t help him any but still I agree with Michelle when she said that she couldn’t believe he came with so many items unfinished and so much work to do. He really didn’t seem focused. Although I don’t think the judges understood that he didn’t want to show as much skin as they seemed he should…. Michelle came to win and I really appreciated her organization and she went in for “the kill” 🙂

It looks like it is going to be a hot one today. I am so exhausted and sore from tiling the floor but it is done and looks great. I taught my son how to hang shelves and we just have to seal the grout and that can’t be done till 8 tonight. Which is good because I am sooo tired. I climbed into bed at 5pm and fell asleep and woke up a little before 9 so I could watch PR. I thought it was morning I was so out of it, lol!!!

I also did not see her as the ultimate bitch or anything like that. I just didn’t think her stuff was all that special or unique. But she was organized and she has skills and she did stay true to her Hunger Games theme.

I love that you and your son accomplished so much together. I can’t even imagine doing something like that. You must feel very proud. Did your hubby see it? What did he think?

• princesspindy says:

He just got home and said it looked “Wonderful!” I took advantage of my soreness and pretended it was from working out so yesterday and today I worked out instead of lying around moaning, lol, and I feel so much better!!

Well we have all these engaged HWs & NeNe has her special. Please Bravo no more wedding specials. Just have the wedding on the show. Can you all imagine A Kandi Wedding, A Tamra Wedding, A Gretchen Wedding & A Joanna Wedding? Too much.

It’s so dumb. So unoriginal. I say the skip the dopey fake wedding and skip straight to the lame fake vow renewal 😉

May as well move right on to the divorce….HWs have the worst track records!!!

• pat says:

Sad, but true. Can’t remember where I read it, (maybe here?), of all the HW franchises, the one with the highest divorce rate amongst the cast is Bev Hills. That surprised me. It was something like 3x the national average. It included total # of divorces, including those that happened before the show, I’m pretty sure.

Oh I would have thought DC but maybe the pre-show added more to BH

• pat says:

Yeah, I think every married couple on DC is now divorced. The lowest # of divorces is in New Jersey. That makes sense, since some of the women seem to tolerate adultery there. That ole, Friday night’s for the mistress, and Saturday’s wife & kids time. Puke.

Followed by a far larger series of divorces! UGH, of all the people listed I give Nene and Gregg, and Kandi and Todd the only chances of survival. Well Nene and Gregg’ divorce was a publicity stunt and an attempt to get out of Gregg’s bad business deals while NeNe was raking in the money I don’t believe they were truly “split-up” just on “paper”, with then the chance of a spinoff for their relationship renewal. I am watching Bravo less and less by the day and this is why.

• realhousewifeva says:

I dont think they will do a Kandi wedding (her ratings for her show are already awful). Tamra keeps hinting that her show will be on TV, and we know its not on this season since theyve wrapped up filming, and Andy loves Tamra..so ugh, that must mean she will be getting some kind of special. Thats probably why gretchen is picking now to get engaged. Andy will be an idiot if he thinks we want to watch Gretchen and Slade getting married while his son is in NY struggling for his life.

Lainey-how did LaineyGirl do the other day??

Hi JnntJ – she doesn’t know, yet. Hasn’t heard. She says there were tons of people there. They didn’t really talk to her; they had each person run for one minute on a treadmill. boom. that’s it. Thank you.

In most cases she hears right away if it’s yes. But you know, remember the SCI Fi audition? It took them a month to get back to her and she actually did make it (!!!!), but it was on the day that she was flying back to Texas so she didn’t get to do it. They didn’t have a shoot date the day she auditioned. She didn’t want to not come to TX, mostly because she had some work obligations here and even though they paid less she felt she needed to honor those promises. Plus she got to come home and that made me super happy. Her agent understood since Erica had given her that conflict date on the first day they met.

thanks for asking about her!!! I appreciate you spending any time or energy on my girl and her dreams. It is humbling.

Her dreams are exciting and adventurous!!! I admire her ambition and drive. Shes a lucky girl to have you in her corner!! Too bad she didn’t get to do the Sci Fi thing but I’m impressed that she honored her other commitments. That means she has her head on straight!! Please keep me posted on her auditions and such-it’s such an exciting time for her-and YOU!!

Laineygirl is having a high rate of return…wishing her continued success!

Thank you both! Yesterday she found out she got hired to hostess at a place called “Hudson”…she and her roomie have been applying everywhere. She’s excited!!! The waitstaff give the hostesses and busboys a percentage of the tips, so she’s excited about it.

Funny thing about Hudson, idk the place, but I had wanted to joke about as long as she gets gigs maybe she won’t have to work at SUR. 😉

TT – funnily, she said it reminded her of Sur cause of all the employees there…aspiring actors, models, dancers… She starts on Monday at 3PM.

14. chismosa says:

Ok so Dandy is having Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on on Sunday night. Does he have a book or something to promote or is it just so Andy can bask in KAJ’s essay on the Housewives? Giddiness overload it will be. Ugh 😏

I can’t picture KAJ being giddy. We’ll see. I thought Fantasia did a good job on WWHL. She was cute and funny; making up songs “I’m twerking at the fruit, …”

I meant Andy as Giddy …..

I still have to watch last night’s WWH

oh, right. Well, that’s a given Andy will be giddy. Isn’t it awkward, whenever he has straight guys on the show he seems to get all titillated by the thought of something turning them on. He asked the two guys the other night which celebrity they first…ahem…pleasured themselves to….and then seemed really “giddy” about it. It was one of those times when, if my husband had been within earshot, he would have asked, “why do you watch that vile man?” LOL

It can be so a c k w a r d sometimes… thankfully missed that exchange. Lol at what your hubs would say, mine would not be as kind, ha.

KAJ is or was on “Splash” this is probably related to his essay on housewives. Giddy, of my gosh, UGH. He is such a spaz, I thought he was going to bust a vain in his neck last night over…..uh I forget…he was on AMC. Sorry I just drew a blank! 😕 Anyway, I changed the channel because I barely knew anyone on the show.

Remember NMD posted a link to KAJ’s article he wrote for Huffington about reality tv & he speaks about the HWs. I tweeted it to Andy.

You tweeted it to Andy??!! that makes you kinda famous-ish. I love it!!

I did. I’m sure he probably already knew about but I wanted to make sure. :-). But if he mentions my Twitter name let me know. LOL

What is your twitter name?

• iceNfire says:

can i have your autograph?

Youse guys are easily impressed, lol 😉

Powell have you ever got a reply from Andy? I have not, and some of my tweets were positive or complementary. I have sent several comments directly to Bravo about the deteriorating state of the HW shows. I don’t ever expect a response, but somehow I think they will.pay more attention to that than their website because of how they make comments disappear all the time.

I know there are a few who watch Nashville-I just watched the one where Raynna had her daughters sing during the sound check-how sweet was that??? I was sitting here crying like a dope!!

• cocfarm says:

That was sweet…and they were so talented. Do I have it right that the oldest is deacons daughter?

I dont know if it was said but it was certainly hinted-I love love love love Deacon!!!!

I saw that one and loved it…and yes, it was heavily hinted that the older one is Deacon’s daughter. She has those dark good looks like Deacon, too. It almost looks like they dyed her hair and eyebrows.

16. noreen7 says:

Thank you so much for the PR Recap. I was so happy Michelle won. I loved her clothes. I wish I could wear them! I thought Michelle was a bit mean at times, but I also thought she was very kind at times. I am sure it is an intense contest to get through and we see the worst and best of everyone. Happy Friday everyone!

Hi Noreen7 – I was thinking that no one in real life would actually wear her military post apocalyptic clothing, but you just said you wish you could. Maybe her stuff will go commercial and you will be able to wear it!! I’d like to see how her aesthetic translates to real life clothing that doesn’t involve combat or hunting or “killing” (as she said). It’s not my cup of tea but you like it!! So, who knows? Maybe that look will become super popular. If they make a Target version of her stuff, maybe I would consider it.

At least ROL is quoting Kyle directly and not quoting “sources.”

“I can drive, fax and breastfeed all at the same time.” I’m glad it’s very unlikely I’ll ever be sharing roads with her.
      As I read the article, she WANTS to have another baby, which, IMHO isn’t quite the same as she’s HAVING another baby.

UGH the following was a quote directly from the RadarOnlineWebsite that they “RadarOnline “has attributed to Kyle Richards.

“I work well under pressure, I can handle that. You have something you need done, give it to a busy woman. I can drive, fax and breastfeed all at the same time.”

Okay as Not a parent but having one myself and seeing a few here and there, driving while breastfeeding is NOT something one should do, nor profess to doing, IMO. Would that not put your baby smack dab between the Airbag or windshield and yourself if you were to have an accident, which would pretty much end the life of your precious child. I mean back when I grew up with the land of no seatbelts, no carseats, no airbargs, parents didn’t even care that much if you were standing in the back seat, etc. Uhm even they drew the line at Breastfeeding and driving. Oh and who drives around with a fax machine in their car! SHEESH

• melthehound says:

^^^^^^^^^^
        I’m willing to bet it is also illegal since the kid is supposed to be strapped into a car seat. Now, if she’s telling us that her boob can reach the back seat or passenger seat of the car, then that’s a different matter.. When is that woman going to just go away?

• boston02127 says:

I think NeNe was prettier before.

Kyle looks like she got a MAJOR eyebrow wax.

• iceNfire says:

idk why Tre just didn’t buy herself a forehead

• Catseye says:

I remember that she said her mother wouldn’t allow her to have anything done to her eyebrows when she was a teenager. I think it was back when Brooke Shields was really popular.

She (Kyle) had some serious caterpillars in that giant portrait. Kyle aint my fave, but I think she’s very beautiful. A lot of people (maybe not here, I think it’s on another blog) write about her “pudgy hands” and “squatty body”…but jeepers creepers not everyone can be willowy and tall. I think Kyle is very beautiful and represents well for the shorties.

• pat says:

Agree. Glad she doesn’t starve herself down to a size zero. I just wish she would stop playing with her hair.

Yeah…that hair. It’s her “crowning glory” as they say. My biblical reference for the night.

• pat says:

Nene was prettier before, but she was younger, too. A few of those before and after pics weren’t exactly fair. Lisa has said that her only plastic surgery was the gigantic bubbies.
        Tho her face looks so plastic, too.

Where were the MaHoof’s pics?

• AZGirl says:

That photo of Kyle “before” says a lot about why she is such a witch now. Talk about insecurities. Kyle was probably not popular in school and definitely not part of the “in crowd”. So she gets work done and viola she is desperate to be popular.

• iceNfire says:

insecurity was the word that popped into my mind when I saw Kyles pic.

Gosh, Kyle looks all of 18 years old in that pic…baby face, and braces maybe? If I am correct about her age, that is not a fair before and after comparison. But what do I care, ha.

• realhousewifeva says:

Lisa from my Miami was beautiful before

Yes, I don’t think Lisa or several of them..Brandi & Gretchen come to mind and G is not in these photos, but she looked so much better before she did anything to her face. I mean seriously, how vain are you to take a beautiful face and want MORE from it especially when your younger and not even showing age yet!

I COMPLETELY agree. Why did she meds with her face so much and so young ?
        I get maybe wanting a nose job but the fillers !?!?!?!

This is interesting but not totally accurate based on the dogs/owners I know personally; although the Toy portion does apply (I own two Toy mixes) LOL!
    .http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/04/26/what-your-dogs-breed-says-about/?intcmp=features

19. Stars99 says:

You guys may have already seen this, but Duck Dynasty beat American Idol this week! = )

That’s because Duck Dynasty is much more entertaining than American Idol. I watched my first episode of AI last night and it was pretty bad. And then nobody was eliminated?

• JustDee says:

Thanks to Stars! I never would’ve know about the show if not for your great recaps.
      Don’t tell anyone but I’m seriously in love with Phil! 😆

20. iceNfire says:

OT – Is/has everyone that is doing Master Cleanse here doing the same one? Is there much dif.?

If you want to do the one Yolanda does, here a link about it.

• Catseye says:

Thanks so much for that link BB. It was when I read some of the comments and researched it a little further that I finally decided to give it a whirl and I am so thankful I did! Although I only followed it strictly the first 3days, I then modified it so that it is an eating & fasting lifestyle that I am more than likely going to stick with permanently, even after I lose a little more weight.

• pat says:

I love that she’s holding up the booklet in front of one of her lemon trees. I heart Yo!

• boston02127 says:

I’m guessing there all pretty poopie.

• Catseye says:

I think it’s basically the same thing with Lemons, Maple Syrup and Cayenne Pepper, right? Although I used Agave Syrup and substitute Limes every so often. But I only drink it for about 24hrs at a time, then eat 1 meal. Kinda tweaked it a little like Beyonce did.

• pat says:

I just finished 10 Day Master Cleanse. My last day was Wednesday. My sis just finished today with a 14 day Acai berry cleanse. With that one you can still eat solid foods.

So, was it hard to do? What were the results? Would you recommend it?

• pat says:

The first two days were rough for me. After that, it wasn’t exactly a walk in the park, I had my moments, but kept getting stronger and stronger. In addition to energy and clarity, my senses heightened, especially sense of smell. Hard, when you’re not eating 😉 I started it mainly thinking of weight loss, but realize now, weight loss is just an added benefit. It resets your brain, in a way. I could speak volumes about it, but, yes, I think it’s a great “spring cleaning” to clear toxins out of your body. Western medicine will poo poo it (There’s that p word again.) It worked for me. I was hoping to lose 10 pounds and I lost just a little under that. The average is 10.

I tried intermittent fasting (2 days a week) for about 3 weeks. I was doing it for weight loss and it didn’t work for me. Maybe I was overcompensating on the days I ate. I think fasting has it’s benefits, but I’m just going to have to find the “formula” that’s right for me. I’m really going to have to do something because I’m trying to get my mom to eat by providing enticing foods, but the problem is I’m eating it too. I can feel the pounds adding on.

• Catseye says:

BB, have you heard of the Warrior Diet? You only eat one big meal a day, usually dinner, and drink coffee, tea, water or juice and maybe eat a little veggies the rest of the time.

• Realhousewifeva says:

I do a lot of juicing daily, with light eating. Basically I juice kale, cucumbers, celery, spinach, cabbage, a green apple, peeled orange, some ginger… Even on days where I eat heavier, I still drink my green drink every morning. When I did it once for 10 days with no solid foods, just juice all day, I lost 11 lbs and only gained back 3.

• Catseye says:

I worked with a woman years ago, that would fast on V-8 juice for 2 days, every once in a while to keep her weight down. I remember her saying she would lose about 5lbs each time. She was probably in her late 50’s and did have a pretty good figure, as I recall.

• Realhousewifeva says:

I first got into juicing because both my mom and mother in law were diagnosed with cancer and in our desperation to get answers, we read about lots of natural diets that can help cancer patients. One guy swears his cancer went into remission by eat all natural, fresh fruits and veggies and juicing. I learned about how much juicing can benefit our bodies, as well as help with weightloss. During my research I came across the website called rebootwithjoe.com, he made a documentary about how juicing saved his life. It’s become a way of life for me. The worst part is cleaning the juicer. I clean that sucker 4 or 5 times a day, lol, but it’s worth it.

• Realhousewifeva says:

Another diet I did years ago after I had my first daughter (my pre pregnancy weight was 126 and my final weigh in before I had her was 188… Do the math! Eek!) so I had a family wedding to go to 2 months after my daughter was born. I found a book called the Turbo Protien diet… It’s liquid only, Protien shakes and veggie broth, but that thing was AMAZING! I asked my doc first to make sure it was ok and I never stayed on it for longer than a week or 2 at a time. But 2 months after giving birth I was at 130 lbs and never gained the weight back until my second child (but I only gained 30 lbs with her, lol)

If any of you are interested, Sheree Whitfield will be featured on Iyanla, Fix My Life tonight on OWN at 9PM. She will be discussing her relationship with her ex. It’s not a new episode so maybe some of you have already seen it.

Thanks for the heads up…I am interested. I’m supposed to go out tonight, so now I will dvr it…I’ve been wishing I’d seen it.

• LA Debra says:

I saw Iyanla on some show – and I got the impression she didn’t have a very high opinion of Sheree’s veracity. Oh! It was WWHL I think.

Jacqueline Laurita :
    “My husband and I have always filed and paid our taxes every year. We have never evaded taxes. The $340k was from a tax audit in 2006 in which about 1/2 of that was added interest. We have been disputing this because we didn’t think it was fair to pay so much interest on something that we didn’t even know we owed until recently. The IRS is currently working with us to lower the amount owed and once that new amount is decided we will, of course, pay the amount.”

23. Realhousewifeva says:

BB I don’t watch PR but I just think you are amazing, with all you’ve been going through, you still find time to blog for us. I hope your mom is doing well at your house. Same for all of you who blog, it is much appreciated!

Thank you. My mom is doing OK at my house. She’d rather be home, but she’s being a trooper about it for the most part. By next week, I think it will be OK for my mom to be alone at her house for longer periods of time. Her apartment is one floor with wide open spaces. I just have to make sure she takes her meds on time and eats properly.

• Mene Seela says:

BB I just read your PR recap. It was excellent, thank you.
      I agree that Michelle deserved to win. Just watching her competitors flail around backstage finishing their garments made me feel that if either of them won it was purely by accident, not because they thoughtfully designed a great collection.
      Plus, Michelle seems to be a nice person.

I’m watching Fix my Life and Sheree and her husband are so stubborn, especially Sheree. How they ever stayed married long enough to have two kids I don’t know. He must not have been around much during his playing days when they were married. Iyanla is giving them both what for because they both said they don’t like each other and she says they don’t get that privilege because they have two children together. At least Iyanla got them together to even talk about it.

Iyanla just said for the first time in the history of her show she can say “My work here is not done”. In the update, Bob says his relationship with Sheree has not improved. Sheree chose not to provide an update. She’s a real piece of work.

• Realhousewifeva says:

Wow, she really hasn’t learned a thing. I could tell Iyanla didn’t care for sheree when she was on WWHL.

I can see her ending up as a sad, angry, lonely old lady.

Very true, and very sad. Who does she think she is hurting with all the bitterness and anger? Certainly not Bob. I hope he builds a relationship with the kids. Now that they are older, it might be possible.

She is in total denial.

I’m turning in. It was nice chatting with everyone today. Good night.

Diana how did things go with your Dad?

• designernailsdiana says:

Not so good. He has Macular Degeneration and he said if he loses his vision he’ll hang himself. He said that to the Dr. Dr is an expert in Retina issues. He did some tests and gave him an injection into his eye that should stop the degeneration. The best possible outcome is returning of some of his lost vision. My Dad can handle the way it is now so he’s not suicidal. I almost broke down when he said that today. He can’t drive anymore, but he’s accepted that just fine. He still thinks he can work and says he can ride the bus because he just couldn’t depend on ME to drive him back and forth. Oh for crying out loud he lives with us why wouldn’t I drive him around? I contacted the VA about any benefits he might receive and they were very helpful. I just feel so alone in this. Poor hubby is out of town while I’m home making sure I’ve hidden all the rope and belts. Dad assured me he won’t do anything since he can still see. I told him the Dr probably wrote s note in his chart about that comment. He laughed then.
      I’ll get thru this and hubby will help me talk to my Dad about what the future will be like for all of us.
      Thank you for asking. And letting me unload.
      I’ve cried a little tonight, but tomorrow the Grandkids will come visit to cheer us all up.
      Blessings,
      Diana

• Catseye says:

Diana, have you guys looked into any supplements that have stuff like Lutein and Zeaxanthin in it for eye health? It may not improve his condition, but possibly might keep it from getting any worse.

• designernailsdiana says:

No because we just found out about the AMD (age-related macular degeneration). I’ll look into anything that could save his vision. He only has one eye so its very important.
          Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

• iceNfire says:

Diana – did you read the Master Cleanse…it promises a lot and sometimes hope is needed… sending prayers for you and your Dad..

Diana so sorry to hear this. One “aunt” if mine who is in her probably early-mid 70’s just got diagnosed with macular degeneration but the “wet” kind? Apparently you can have it dry or wet

I think it’s genetic and in sorry, I hope your father finds a good solution to this as I realize it’s his one eye

I have glaucoma and cataracts in my family line so I can’t wait. I had PRK when I was 21, at the cutting edge time of that surgery (the pre-LASIK one)
        Good luck, prayers with you

I’m so try, Diana, it’s a lot to handle. I have wet MD. My Mom was diagnosed about 15 years ago also, but ours is related to diabetes. The shots will stabilize the condition, or at least they did for my mom. Also the vitamins are very important . Mom bought over the counter ones called Eye Caps, I believe, but now she takes a supplement recommended by the eye doc. I will ask her the name and where she orders them.

I’m no expert, but this sounds like something your Dad anticipated and was afraid of. His reaction could evolve once he has time to process the situation. It is hard. Oh! And check with the VA. My mom has a reader where she can read her newspaper – it projects what is placed under a viewer onto a big monitor. Also her eye doctor just got her reading glasses that are enabling her to read large print books. She is ecstatic about this.

I’m so sorry you had to go through this alone. If you want me to ask mom anything please let me know.

I’m so sorry … Where did iPad get I’m so try? Silly.

• designernailsdiana says:

I must say that a night of sleep and many prayers had changed his outlook immensely. He’s open to suggestions. I’m feeling much better now that I know I can talk to him and he’s ready to listen. Yes his response was a knee jerk reaction to news he did anticipate.
          Thank you all for letting me vent and for all your words of advice.
          Hugs the whole blog,
          Diana

28. iceNfire says:

Hello – I followed the link BB posted about the Master Cleanse and found this link at the bottom of comments left for Yolanda. It’s the MC guide online for those who dont want to pay for the book (me)

• iceNfire says:

HOW TO MAKE IT?
      2 Tablespoons lemon or limejuice (approx. ½ lemon)
      2 Tablespoons genuine maple syrup (Not maple flavored sugar syrup)
      1/10 Teaspoon cayenne pepper (red pepper) or to taste
      8 oz water, room temperature
      Combine the juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a 10 oz glass jar w/lid and fill with the water.
      Shake it up and drink. (Cold water may be used if preferred.)
      Use fresh (organic) lemons or limes only, never canned lemon or limejuice nor frozen lemonade or frozen juice.

• iceNfire says:

I’ll drink the tea but I’m not drinking a quart of salt water

• Catseye says:

I actually just make a pitcher at a time of the stuff and keep it in the fridge cold. I only add the hot pepper to a little of the lemonade, a few times during the day and do shots of it. It really helps to eliminate my hunger pangs that way. And when I tried that salt water flush thing, nothing happened so I didn’t try it again since I didn’t want all that salt in my system. Although I did go out and buy Sea Salt. Man, what a difference compared to regular, in just the way it looks. Like sparkly crystals compared to white sand. And I find the taste so much better too, a little milder and not as salty.
        That brochure/booklet has a lot of good info in it too and reading it helped persuade me into trying it.

• pat says:

The maple syrup needs to be grade B, as well. And the salt water flush in the morning is what gets all the toxins out. It’s not so bad. Just chug it down!

Good morning everyone!!!! Beautiful day here in AZ. Getting hot. High in 90’s. So not ready for summer.
    Good news! Second Born received his gaming license and starts his new job on May 12th. I am so excited for him. Full benefits after 90 days!