Kelly Bensimon Reflects on Housewives and Reality TV

Kelly Bensimon Reflects on Housewives and Reality TV by NMD

In a recent interview for CelebrityBabyScoop (CBS) former RHONY cast Kelly Bensimon answered some housewives related questions.  The full interview is here.  I found her answers amusing, and thought I would bring them to the blog and add my comments.

CBS: Do you keep in contact with any of your former cast mates?

KB: “LuAnn [de Lesseps] came over for a party a couple of weeks ago. Jill Zarin also just emailed me the other night. We do keep in contact, but it’s like, would you keep in contact with the people you worked with at your last job?”

NMD thoughts.  I appreciate that Kelly doesn’t pretend that she actually became friends with any of the ladies and thinks of them as “people she worked with.”  I do find it interesting that she and LuAnn are in the same social circle after all.  Kelly was introduced by LuAnn on the show when she joined in Season 2, but it’s hard to take any of the introductions seriously at this point.

CBS: Would you be interested in doing another reality TV show like Real Housewives?

KB: “I would definitely be interested in doing another reality TV show, but I wouldn’t want to do a reality TV show with a mixed cast like that unless it could be a new kind of genre, called “soft-scripted.” The nice thing about soft-scripted shows versus reality TV shows is that soft scripted shows allow the participants to kind of know what is going on versus just being on the show like I was with Housewives. You walk into a room and people are just like, “Oh I hate you!” and you’re like, “I have no idea why.”

NMD note:  I suppose “soft scripted” is like the Khardashians or Duck Dynasty where they are all scripting for a half hour show.  The cast maintains some sort of control over how they are portrayed as they “react”to an interesting situation.  I can see why she’d prefer that.  Her mention of a “mixed-cast” is probably a nod that the cast was at odds with each other – each trying to be portrayed as the good one rather than working together to all look okay.  It was unfortunate for Kelly that Bethenny knew her and didn’t like her before the show started, but perhaps if she had noticed Bethenny even one of the many times they had met, Bethenny wouldn’t have disliked her so much.  Season Two.  That was the season where Ramona wouldn’t even be in the same room as Alex and Simon, and Jill and Bethenny were best friends.  Wow how things changed between Seasons Two and Three.

KB continues: “Soft-scripted shows give you more boundaries so you kind of know how to navigate them. It’s also more real to the viewer and I think it’s more interesting. I would definitely do a soft-scripted show, but I would not do something that is “reality,” because that is not fair to the viewer. As a writer and as a mother, I don’t want to present myself in that way.”

NMD:  Hmmm – soft scripted is more “real” to the viewer.  I have to call BS on that.  Nothing was more real to this viewer than Scary Island.  I think KB entered housewives thinking it was soft-scripted with her fake boyfriend Max and her fake pretending she was going to help with Jill’s charity and didn’t know what to do when Bethenny called her on her BS and wouldn’t follow the soft script Kelly had laid out in her head.

On another note, Kelly was mentioned on WWHL last week when the men from Million Dollar Listing NY were in the clubhouse.  Andy asked Ryan if it was true that Kelly was his girlfriend.  Ryan denied it and said they were friends (he looked bemused), and Fredriq chimed in and said he was friends with Kelly as well.  It sounds like Manhattan is a small community with all those high rises.  I wonder if either of them sold her Hampton’s home?

Happy Memorial Day weekend…

________________________________

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of New York. Bookmark the permalink.

231 Responses to Kelly Bensimon Reflects on Housewives and Reality TV

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you’re enjoying your weekend. #BabyWatch2013 is is still underway. We’re cheering you on from the sidelines Lulu. 🙂

• lizzle says:

Good afternoon, Powell!

• pat says:

Good Sunday afternoon! Hope you’re hanging in there, Lulu. 🙂

Jeff, your blog re Memorial Day was GREAT. Everyone should pop over to RH of Aiken and read it.

Ohhhhhhh Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly. She made for some awesome tv, but she’s prolly best staying off the reality shows, soft-scripted or otherwise. I agree, NMD, scary island was all too real.

Hi Powellypooh!! Go Lulu, go Lulu!!

2. lizzle says:

Morning! Go Lulu!

Texas Tart… thanks for asking about SA floods… I left a comment on the last page. That water will come in handy over the summer… but that was the storm that just wouldn’t stop. Thunder, lightening and rain… hovering over the city from the evening, through the night, into the morning. Longest storm ever!

lizzle don’t you just hate storms like that?

• Donna says:

I popped over to read the comments. When my mom and dad first moved into their new house the streets would flood. The neighbors got together to keep the curbs swept clean. Which helped. LOL when someone new moved in and didn’t sweep their curb the neighbors would stare at that house in anger. They soon caught on.

The major cause of flooding was when the Detroit Metro Airport opened up their flood gates and there would be flooding for miles. The City of Taylor built a golf course designed to relieve the flooding. I know of a house in Southgate that has not flooded since the golf course opened.

• lizzle says:

That’s awesome that your parents took control of their own destiny. It is something I wouldn’t normally think about, but after living in Charleston and watching them regularly clean the drains… I realize that clogged drains do factor into flooding. Of course, sometimes with the cleanest drains, it can’t be helped.. but it is good advice to keep the streets clean of debris and trash, so it won’t clog. Also… I am a big fan of urban planning. I actually had a few friends in Charleston who were majoring in the field and one who worked for a urban design company there. If cities would just plan better… or use urban planners for problem solving… some tragedies could be avoided. I understand that we can’t control everything, but proper planning is helpful. The problem is the urban planning companies cost the big bucks. So good for Detroit. That golf course has probably saved many people, a lot of money… and it makes money as well. Very smart!

One thing that I think San Antonio has planned well, is the highway system around town. I know people here complain, but for being the 5th largest city… traffic isn’t that bad.

Interesting, Donna. And Lizzle, you are right about traffic moves in SA, they failed to put a loop around Austin and the only solutions offered up in the last decade have been toll roads…but we are still a jam packed crawl on non tolls.

Thanks lizzle, I’ll go back and find your post!

I’ve been catching up on Call the Midwife. Maybe Lulu should be watching for inspiration.

4. Mene Seela says:

Hello All, I hope you are enjoying a fun and respectful Memorial Day weekend.

NMD I nearly spit my java out when you mentioned Scary Island. U
    p to then (that episode) I hadn’t thought too much about RH, I infrequently watched. But I was mesmerized by SI and Kelly’s very bizarre behavior. I wonder what her friends and family thought of all that.

That was the highlight of RH.

Yeah, it was like watching a trainwreck. I remember sitting here thinking why are they showing this, this lady is unraveling right before our eyes. She needs help, a straight jacket,…something, anything!!

5. Lulu says:

An update on babywatch2013
    Baby–1
    Mom-0
    😦

6. cocfarm says:

Bee update:

Both queens were still alive and well (in bee cages within the hives) a few days ago. We helped the workers along by removing the candy plugs and releasing the queens. We checked yesterday and my queen is out and about in the hive with attendants following her around. My queen is an Italian queen which has that fuzzy crown and is easier to spot.

We can not find my husbands queen, but once again, he has the elusive carniolan queen which really blends in with the workers. But his hive was nice and calm which is a sign that she is there and doing her job.

Our hives are much calmer, mellower, happier…So all is well on the bee front in Chicago….for now!

awesome, cocFarm!

• lizzle says:

You so sweet, honey.

Seriously though… I am happy for ya… pretty soon you will have tons of honey.

• Lulu says:

That’s wonderful!!! Now time to get working and making some honey!!! 🙂

Great news! Interesting stuff, I’m glad you’re sharing about your beekeeping experience.

• Donna says:

although I am allergic to bee stings, I am glad that your hives are thriving!!!

COCfarm — love the updates. So interesting.
      I’ve been following the deaths issue of bees in the E.U., because they act about 5-10 years before our ridiculous FDA does anything about anything.
      They voted to ban the nicotine- type pesticide which is a big debatable pesticide used that everyone can’t agree whether it is the culprit (or 1 of the culprits).
      So they’ve banned I’m so happy. Manufactured by Bayer.

Hopefully we in the US don’t have to wait the normal LONG time after Europe bans something. Something has to give. 🐝🐝🐝🐝

7. Oh Kelly! Can always count on you for a LOL!!

8. lizzle says:

Oh KKB… still trying to show us that RHONY was just a job and that Scary Island was just you playing your part that the producers set up. I think Kelly is studying for her MBA… masters in business. That’s not a joke… I think she is really getting her masters. I wonder why?

And I just heard something about Luann and how she hasn’t signed her Bravo contract yet.

• Rebecca says:

I can’t believe she thinks she should get a raise. Does she need it to buy some class?

• lizzle says:

I know! Even though Luann wasn’t that bad last season, it is her lack of self-awareness that has always annoyed me. For Luann, out of all the ladies, holding out for more money… she really has no idea how little she brings to the show.

Buy some class – LOL!

• Mene Seela says:

I’m pretty sure KKB is taking either off campus or extention courses for her MBA. Not exactly the same as being admitted to and attending the regular university. Extentions are usually a completely separate school, more like night school/community college without the entrance exams or the full complement of classes. There is nothing wrong with that except KKB has to try to make it cound like she accomplished something she hasn’t.

• Donna says:

She did graduate from Columbia with a degree in Literature and Writing

• Mene Seela says:

Sort of …. not really. She exaggerated. And the curater of her wiki page needs to update that.

“Okay seriously, is this woman a complete and total moron? It’s quite baffling to me that someone her age could be this idiotic. Especially someone who claims to hold an English degree from the prestigious Columbia University. And by the way, it was revealed last year that she didn’t actually go to Columbia, but instead took classes at Columbia Extension College, something anyone can do. ”

“Kelly graduated from Columbia University School of General Studies in 1998. As a Columbia grad snarked to Page Six last year, “”Kelly went to the Columbia extension college. Anyone can go there.” I can confirm that at Columbia, GS students (as we referred to them) were regarded as rich, privileged individuals, who attained the benefit of a Columbia degree with much lower SAT scores than students at the other undergraduate colleges (Barnard, Columbia and Engineering).

You are totally right Mene Seela – i thought this was confirmed years ago. That her “Columbia” degree should be in quotes.
          🔹🔹Columbia🔹🔹

Babywatch2013 is exciting. If I had a baby, I would name it PopTart.

I’m watching Mob Wives & the reunion. Did you all see Andy do The Women of SNL Reunion & the ladies are acting like one of the HWs? It is hilarious. My DVR cut off cause it was only scheduled for Mob Wives so I.only saw a few minutes.

What?! The Women of SNL – when was that?! I guess this was an NBC production, but it had Andy…oh I bet his head got big over that. Was Kristen Wiig an Amy Poehler on it?! Oh sorry, you said you didn’t see it. I wanna see it!

That’s it Rebecca! The part I did see I forgot the actress’ name but she was acting like LuAnn. Andy asked her how was her divorce from The Count & then it went on from there. So darn funny. The had Julia Louis Dreyfuss & 2 other SNL via satellite. I could see Julia was acting like Teresa. OMG funny.

• Rebecca says:

If that doesn’t work – here’s Hulu.

Ooooh goodie, I can get it on Hulu! Thanks Powell for bringing it up and Rebeca for the links! 🙂 Going to look now!

We are fambily. The ladies are in LA cause the other ladies have a restraining order out on them for them hitting the ladies w/their limo. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!! Funny!!!!! Thks Rebecca.

Oh my god I can’t wait to watch this on my pc

I hope Cheri oteri is in that. SIMMAH DOWN NOW

• Mene Seela says:

Hahha super funny!
      Anna: My skincare line donates 3% to my charity which provides books to women vacationing on the beach.

• Laineylainey says:

Good stuff

11. pat says:

Yo, rocking her scarflag:

She sure does! A Real Housewife living large. 🙂

How does she do it? She’s no muss no fuss glamour. It looks like its effortless for her. She’s a beautiful woman.

12. pat says:

Scarflags can be worn many different ways:

Good afternoon everyone! AZGirl has been pigging out all weekend. Lulu I feel for you. My second was 3 days of false labor and finally on Monday I called my doctor’s office and said I need to get this alien out of me. Doctor was already at hospital delivering another baby and I basically walked into delivery and “TAKE THIS THING OUT OF ME!” Second Born was and is so mellow to this day.

Good afternoon AZGirl, glad to hear you are enjoying some good food! Funny about you wanting to hurry up and get #2 child outta there!

So overcooked babies are mellow? Well that sounds like a good thing for Lulu then. 😀

Oops I forgot. Is Pepper home yet? Is she getting designer gear?

• Lulu says:

LOL! Not quite at the ripping my hair out phase yet. Hoping for a mellow baby though!!!

• Laineylainey says:

I was 2 weeks late with my Firstborn…my mother in law told me to take cod liver oil. Idiot. (Me). No one should ever do that. Ever. He was born on the fourth of July, that’s the only good part of that story.

Thanks for the post today, NMD! Funny about KKB doing an interview..but it.all makes sense..she wants to be on “soft-scripted” – LOL! Very loud. I’m sure to pass on anything she would appear in! Ya think she uses Scary Island footage in her audition tape?! 😉

HA!

• Cartwheels says:

I have come to feel sorry for Kelly, her protected kind of life didn’t prepared her good enough to deal with the real world so it is probably better for her to live in denial.

I do have to give it to her though, out of all the RHNY that got fired, she is actually the only one who didn’t take it too bad and acted with some kind of dignity instead of making an ass of herself ala Zarin.

Go LA Kings!!!!!

Nothing on?

Behind the Candleabra (sp) on HBO with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon. I don’t have HBO though.

• JumpTheShark says:

Okay, I admit it. I’m watching XOX Betsey Johnson…this episode, Betsey and daughter are in the Hamptoms…rather like a humorless Ab-Fab with a splash of Grey Gardens.

I watched the 1st epi. It seems like Betsy is working well w/Madden but I feel kinda sorry for her that she went bankrupt.

She was on Fashion Police and she showed Joan Rivers her oven and how she stacks her makeup and medications in there. Joan says she understands —-she pre-heats her face to 350/400. I was dying !

Is anyone going to watch Tyler Perry’s new drama The Haves and the Have nots on OWN Tuesday night 9pm? It looks like its going to be good.

I’m watching Married to Medicine before the reunion. I’m still playing catch up. I still have to catch up on my soap operas. So much tv so little time.

I watched the back eppy’s of OC today.

Vicki was complaining about being the third wheel. She was complaining about going places with the others and having no man with her . In the past, wasn’t she the one always booking trips and events without Don?

Heather. UGGG. BIG UGGG. You might think she found a cure for a rare disease the way she acted about doing a guest spot on some dumb show. I felt like boinking myself over the head with a frying pan after watching that.

Gretchen and the Bentley. Vicki is right, she’s stupid. Period.

Tamra. Another UGG. It looks like she’s going to be talking to crowds about something. She mentioned her first divorce and suicide. I doubt Tamra would ever take her own life, she’s loves herself too much.

And last but not least….where’s my shamrock?

• Cartwheels says:

That is what drives me nuts about Vicky, she defines herself and her value only in terms of having a man, when is she going to learn that she needs to learn to be happy in her own skin and by herself before anything else?
      Gretchen and her Bentley? IDK, I have never had any of my SO giving me a gift that I need to pay for myself.
      Tamra and her wedding? IDGAS. This marriage had been in the working for 2-3 years and the marriage will be much sorter than that if it ever happens.

I don’t think she defines herself & value by having a man. I just think she’s scared Shi*less about being w/o a man. She had a man & didn’t want him

• Cartwheels says:

I originally thought so, but then read some articles online about Donn having cheated on her several times, did you hear any of that?
          If that is the case, then she probably should have ended the marriage long ago, but still IMO she is the perfect target for someone like Crooks, she is just so needy.

Brianna said something along those lines last season that Donn(s cheated & she knew Vicki was cheating w/Brooks yrs ago. I agree they probably should have been divrced & that’s to my point, Vicki has to have a man. She scarred to be fine by herself but instead wants to be w/a man. Donn may have ended up being the wrong man. Brooks may be the wrong man but Vicki is scared to find out what’s really best for her.

Hey boston. Yes Vicki did do that. Donn even said she didn’t invite him on trips.

Gretchen & the Rolls Royce. I didn’t read that blog & when everyone was talking about her car I thought “oh she bought a new car”. She was leasing her Mercedes & Slade leased the Rolls. Nothing wrong w/leasing at all but just like Vicki did when she got Brianna the white Mercedes saying she bought her the car when she leased the car. They say they bought cars when they are leasing cars.

• boston02127 says:

Powell—-Did Slade leave her with the payment? I just assumed he did.

Yeah he did cause she said her Mercedes next payment is do & he said the payment is only $100 more than her current payment. I knew he didn’t “buy it”. A Rolls Royce? His son needs RR kinda money.

• Catseye says:

Actually I think the whole RR storyline is a crock, because the dealership in Newport Beach, for some very unfathomable reason, enlisted Gretchen’s dubious expertise at designing a new model and either they are loaning her one in exchange or giving her one–which I highly doubt, since new ones cost over $300,000. I think the whole RR thing at the hotel was a way to work it into the show for free advertising (along with free advertising for the hotel). I’ve read elsewhere that someone who speaks to her neighbors have said they haven’t seen it. And if you notice, they drove off without their luggage.

• Laineylainey says:

Maybe Vicky doesn’t really like men? No? Ok, I said maybe.

• jezzibel says:

maybe Vicki doesn’t like sex, but views it as a unpleasant means to get what she wants

20. djprincessc says:

I know this is wrong but this CRACKS me up!! Idk if she’s really crazy or just trying to be relevant. I seriously LOL’D to this. I wonder if Chris Brown laughed? lol.

DJP I don’t know if I should read this. I’m so sick of Rihanna & Chris.

Amanda Bynes needs to go sit in a room & pray cause that girl needs help. I was watching E! I think and Jenni McCarthy said she had a Twitter fight w/.Amanda & didn’t know what set her off but they made up. Did you see her in court w/her crazy blonde wig recently?

• djprincessc says:

Ya she did cus Jenny McCarthy said the cops where at her house so Amanda called her old. lol, I just think its hilarious! But Jenny handled it graciously and said she was beautiful which was very BIG of her. I saw that blonde wig which is why I’m saying wither shes 100% off the deep end or this is all one huge show to be relevant again.

I just figure she’s going full tilt meltdown. Spears, Sheen, and Lohan could take lessons from her. Well, maybe not Lohan.

Orson I was getting ready to say not Lohan. Lohan has smoked, popped & sniffed her drugs.

• djprincessc says:

Everyone is gonna think I’m crazy for this but if you have ever read about MK Ultra and celebrities it makes perfect sense. It happens to almost all of them, they all eventually break down: Britney, Sheen, Lohan, Kat Williams, Amy Wiinehouse, Michael Jackson. I could go on and on. Justin Bieber is kinda starting to breakdown too.

• JumpTheShark says:

I don’t think you’re crazy. Put Kim Richards on that list (IMO)

And you know what they all have in common? A bunch of yes people. Everyone is too damn scared they will lose their jobs if they don’t cater to these people, tell them what they want to hear.

I agree but then you have these folks like Ryan Gosling, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Jodi Foster, Ricky Schroder, Will Smith, ….. I’m trying to think of more—- and for some reason they have their heads on straight. Selena Gomez seems to be going along well, I applaud Demi Lovato, she’s gone through troubles.
        Drew Barrymore should be the poster child of getting your life back after a big mess
        So I don’t know.

Janet Jackson

• djprincessc says:

Ok, so if you believe what MK Ultra is about, the ones that try and break free are the ones that go crazy, so they either end up dead or just continue as being controlled. The reason why the other celebrities are doing fine is bc they haven’t tried to break away from the control. Not saying I BELIEVE it all, but it does make some sense to me and they all have the SAME patterns. I’m on the fence about believing it entirely though. lol.

• Laineylainey says:

I never heard of this before tonight. Fascinating!

Very interesting. CONTROL …..

Makes me think of janet Jackson’s awesome song. Lol

• djprincessc says:

I forgot to throw in, if you watch ANY of their music videos they all have the same colors, symbols and all have the same gestures. Beyonce, Britney, Justin Bieber, Rhianna, Lady Gaga, Will I AM. ALL of them!! Its just soooooo creepy!!

• Rebecca says:

The program was shut down in 1973. The “celebrity” piece is just a hoax drawn up by conspiracy theorists.

What they all have in common is access to drugs. The mind altering is of their own doing.

• djprincessc says:

Did you ever see Lady Gaga’s video Marry the Night?? You should. Like i said I don’t believe EVERYTHING. But there are too many coincidences and I am not the type of person to just take whats in front of me, just because they say the “program” doesn’t exist anymore doesn’t mean its true at all.

• Cartwheels says:

LOL
      I thought the headline said “Bethenny active sex life” but it was nothing of the sort.
      I know a lot of people who are very supersticious. I am not , but to each its own.

21. Mene Seela says:

Is Nancy Grace pregnant? I just saw a promo for her jailhouse visit and she looks huge! I usually just see her face so I was shocked to her figure in the promo.

I don’t want to think about her spawning.

I don’t think so. She had a difficult pregnancy w/her twins. Was on bedrest for some time before having them. She gained a lot of weight. She did dancing w/the stars & lost 20-30 lbs, I can’t remember exact amt but she looked good & she’s gained it all back plus some. I was thinking Friday night watching her show that to me she’s all about her kids & doesn’t take the same care on her appearance. I know its different after being a mom but she’s on tv & she doesn’t seem to care about her appearance as she once did.

Ok her comes the paperwork.

I just saw #SummerbyBravo. Giggy is so cute. I hope he’s getting paid.

Ha ha, he should be!

Haha. Maybe in doggie biscuits.

Too much Reza. I hope the next few commercials are better.

Agree and even if he were in the distant background it would still be too much Reza.

😜😜😜lol
          Yup 👨👨👨

• Laineylainey says:

I’ve been catching up on reading comments but had to come in to give u kudos for the little emoji REZA’s. so cute!

Hi Lainey!
              I used to love Reza but this past season, I’m — to use that line “DONE!”

Hope you’re having a nice holiday weekend

• Laineylainey says:

Oh, I can’t stand him, but I love your emoji mustachioed guys. tHEY are cute not Reza.

Anybody get to see the 3 planets, Mercury, Saturn & Jupiter forming a tiangle in the western sky? Amazing sight. I see it best 45 minutes after sunset. Very cool.

😦

Is anyone watching Ultimate Survival Alaska on the National Geographic channel? It’s a really good show.

From the National Geo site:
    They are some the toughest, most extreme survivalists that Alaska has to offer. Going head to head, eight men of a rare breed are about to take the ultimate test of survival in Arctic conditions that only National Geographic could inspire. Dropped in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness by bush plane, with only their raw, mountain-man ingenuity, they’ll navigate through treacherous glaciated river valleys, barren ridgelines, and high mountain peaks, battling hunger, hostile predators, and perilous weather conditions along the way. Like the original National Geographic explorers, for those who succeed there is no grand prize, just the well-fought pride of having conquered the grueling challenges that Mother Nature can throw at them. It’s an epic competition series where the only prize is survival.

When I watch competition shows (which I luv) I always think “I’d do good on that show” like Big Brother & Survivor. If I were on Ultimate Survival Alaska, I’d be dead in the water. They’d be frying me up for a meal.

BTW–Thx Mel for all the recaps of Survivor. I missed the whole season but was able to keep up here.

And I would be fried up as a side to boston! I saw a little of that show and want.to see more. Thanks for the information and reminder!

• Laineylainey says:

This reminds me…are any of you watching Hannibal? He would be happy to fry any of us up.

• melthehound says:

You’re welcome, Boston 😀

I’m pretty sure it was last Sunday’s epi & then the reunion. I’ve been playing catch up.

28. lillybee says:

Nite all.

29. Lulu says:

Good morning #babywatch2013 update:
    Baby-1
    Mom-0
    If he doesn’t come by the end of the week. I hope I’m still as enthusiastic as I am right now. But I can’t complain on one level. This entire weekend I was able to sleep in. 🙂

That’s good, you need all the rest you can get. Thanks for the update, Lulu! 🙂

That is a bonus you’ve been getting much needed sleep. We’ll keep cheering you on. 🙂

Thanks for the update. Good luck ! Rest is great

• California35 says:

Yo do sound positive and rested 🙂 that is a great way to be while you wait. Keep resting 🙂

Stocking up on sleep probably is a good idea. After the Grand Opening, you might end up short on the stuff.

Aww Lulu, maybe today! Glad you are getting your sleep though 🙂

I watched, or tried to watch, M2M ….. Mariah and Quad are beyond cray cray. They would get along well in prison.

HA!

Ladebra I was just talking to my mom about MTM reunion. She used to watch RHs but that got on her nerves but she did catch a few MTM epis which I was surprised. She didn’t watch the reunion but laughed when I told her about “the papers” Quad pulled out on Toya. Every reunion someone pulls of “the papers”. don’t understand why Toya doesn’t see that what she did regarding blabbing about Lauren was wrong. The same as Brandi Toya butted in talking about personal family biz. They were both wrong. At least Brandi blabbed it w/the group & knew she was wrong & said shews wrong. Toya knows you don’t blab to your hairstylist. How did that convo even happen? How do you just mention a child’s paternity to your hairstylist?

I read that Mariah wrote this show, cast the show, shopped it to Bravo, and produced the show. …. Maybe she got more than she bargained for, or maybe she wrote it that way.

Yeah. I think she got more than she bargained for. Like we have said it doesn’t make any sense that these people go on these shows & think they can keep secrets. Even if Toya didn’t open her trap someone in the media would have found out and put it out there. I don’t approve of anyone outing secrets that are about children but Mariah was just dumb. She shopped this show so she’s watched these shows and knows how they operate.

31. melthehound says:

6 days old…

32. Cartwheels says:

I have a question for the sleuths of the board.

I have been watching xoxBetsy Jones and TResale Royalty lately , what can I say, I love clothes.
    So today when I watched one of the reruns, I noticed that at the end of the episode, there was the name of the production company and it said RachelZoeProductions.
    Is Rachel Zoe producing Resale Royalty? I din’t know she had diversify her interest to production of shows. If that is the case, it is very clever.

Yeah cartwheels I do believe RZ is the Producer. I watchd Resale last night for the 1st time & I enjoyed it.

• Cartwheels says:

Thanks for the reply. I do enjoy the show and also Betsy Ross, that was a smart move on Rachel’s part.

33. Lulu says:

Happy Memorial day to all! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of all our wonderful service men/women. Also to those who have fought and died bravely for our freedom.

I promised myself that way way way later down the road. On memorial day I would celebrate it in Oahu. The past few times we went was always the following weekend. But they would air the beautiful ceremony, lighting of the lanterns, fireworks and incredible Hawaiian singers. I would love to be there to see the ceremony. Instead of my reality of mid western rain, rain and more rain or intolerable humidity and heat.

Morning Tootsie Pops.
    My mother use to say that to me & my brother.
    🙂

• melthehound says:

• you are welcome MTH…your grand nephew is just TOOOOOOO CUTE….

lazy day today…long rough weekend…phone turned off …just going to veg… it’s sunny and breezy here and no need for the a/c to be on..YEA.. cause I hate being all closed up…may actually turn on the tit tube and watch some daytime tv…. hehehehe… mr ford will think I am sick, as I never watch tv during the day…..

angel hair pasta and MEATBALLS.. salad and garlic knots for dinner tonite…..
        grilled brawts with green peppers and onions tomorrow nite…. and mr ford wants ONION RINGS…. lol lol …. from scratch…now that I can do…I’ll get enough onions and make some homemade onion soup…. got a good recipe and it takes 8 hrs to cook….slowly in the crock pot….yums yums…

LULU…. I’ll be checking in for BABY WATCH….. guess the little popper thing hasn’t popped up yet…DING…

hugs and peace to all……
        GOD BLESS AMERICA
        diva & mr ford

Diva I’m glad you can veg. You work you patootie off. Onion rings. LOL. I’m w/Mr. Ford yummy. I used to make onion rings. I love love love Popeye’s onion rings. A little spicy. Have a relaxing day. 🙂

• thedesigndiva2 says:

Powell…oooohhhh POPEYE’S.. got one right around the corner from the house ….hmmm
            maybe I will make a pit stop there on the way back from the grocery store..hide the bag…and let mr ford think I made them…hahahahahaha
            and why yes…I can be evil wicked mean and nasty….

hugs and peace
            diva

• AZGirl says:

Well done Diva.

🙂

• Laineylainey says:

To you and yours, Diva. Thank you.

Ok. House is puppy proofed. Yard is puppy proofed (except for the pool) Crate is assembled and fluffy towel inside along with toys.
    I am so nervous about this dog. More nervous than when I brought my babies home from the hospital. Crazy.

AZGirl you will be fine. AZGirl family has it covered. Lucky Pepper. 🙂

• iceNfire says:

Hi AZGirl – I was hoping to catch you here. KidRock came home for MiddleKid’s graduation, he flew in Friday night and next morning as we were driving to grad. he said “I miss green”…huh?…He explained that Arizona is brown…huh?…I gotta see this place! He never heard of The LivingRoom

Hi Powell 🙂 Hello Everyone 😛

36. Cityside says:

Hello all. 1st born went on vacation and left me her wireless..yippee. Anywho, I have been reading up and here goes…
    MTH.. how cute – we call it great uncle here in STL, but all my greats call me Gramma Cityside. They get mixed up when my grandchildren call me Gramma so it works for us. Each sister is Gramma (insert first name here).
    Nancy, good luck tonight with the Kings.
    Lulu, I hope you have an easy delivery. I delivered one in the hallway of the hospital – I TOLD THEM I WAS HAVING A BABY……but what do I know since first born, well I was right!
    and………..to all the birthdays I missed…

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to LynnFam Birthday gals
    Happy Birthday to you….la la la la la la la

Love you guys.
    Cityside

37. Cityside says:

Diva, That song makes me cry every time I hear it.
    City