Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Orange County

Real Housewives of Orange County

Tamra Barney has earned a spin-off for her upcoming wedding to Eddie Judge.  That was the whole point of Eddie proposing wasn’t it?  To create a storyline.  Tamra seriously can’t want to be married to a man that reminds her to flush the toilet.  I’m sure she’s having second thoughts; she jumped right out of her marriage with Simon into Eddie’s arms.  And I can’t imagine he’s happy about what he got himself into.

Then there is Gretchen.  I would never in a million years have imagined that I’d feel sorry for Slade Smiley.  Actually I don’t.  I feel sorry for Slade’s ex having to watch Gretchen whine about how much his son’s medical emergency effected Gretchen’s ability to discuss having a baby with Slade.  For those of you that don’t know – Slade’s 13-year old son Grayson suffers from brain tumors.  In an attempt to bring him some relief last year he had surgery that led to complications.  After many many months in  the hospital Grayson was released to rehab. He’s doing better now, but still has a long way to go and every time Gretchen talks about how it affects HER I want to scream.

I have no idea if Vicki is still dating Brooks or not.  I hope not.  He gives me the creeps.  Good thing Ryan has 24 hour surveillance on the house.

Heather Dubrow has an elevator in her house, a nanny, and a stick up her butt.  She seems to think that raising four kids is the hardest job in the universe.  Hello Heather, you are not getting any sympathy from this mom.  Get rid of the nanny, rich husband and elevator and then we’ll talk.

Lydia got stuck with having a story line introducing her both as Alexis’s friend and as owning a magazine that wanted to feature Heather’s home.  I suspect the latter was backup when Alexis threatened to quit.  Lydia seems really young and I’ve got to wonder if they should replace Vicki with Brianna and get rid of Tamra, and to even out the ages a little.  Just a thought.

Alexis who?  Her scenes all seem like fillers.  Eventually Tamra will start inviting her to things, so don’t feel too sorry for her.

____________________________________________

This entry was posted in Let's Chat, Orange County. Bookmark the permalink.

227 Responses to Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Orange County

Good evening everyone. I hope you had a great weekend and Memorial Day.

As #BabyWatch2013 commences Lulu continues to get her rest. Hang in there Lulu. #2 is coming.

2. $25,000 says:

Thanks for the blog NMD. I wonder what the crazy OC ladies will shock us with tonight?

Lulu, I don’t really know you very well, but I definitely wish you blessings and Godspeed! How exciting!

3. cocfarm says:

Cool, gray and damp in Chicago, but happy memorial day to all. One of my brothers brought my mom up to our house for lunch. We grill copper river salmon. Good to have mom here for a visit. They just left and now it’s nap time!

We had hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill plus my homemade potato salad and my Son in Law’s homemade mac and cheese. I’m sooooooooo stuffed!

For you all that have In&Out Burgers in your State I found a copy cat recipe for the famous burger so I made burgers and hotdogs, slightly burnt hotdogs the best kind. That’s all I wanted. It’s official, my summer has begun. 🙂

• Laineylainey says:

Tacos. We were going to try to catch a movie, but I do not feel 100%. No big whoop, just kinda sore and tired.

4. $25,000 says:

It looks like tonight Tamra is going to tell us about her troubled past. I’m sorry she felt so badly that she attempted suicide, but it won’t make me like her! No, No, No! She might think that is a way to get viewers to sympathize with her, but it’s a wasted effort on me!

Me too. And I don’t get why now? She has been on the show from season 3 through this season 8 …. Why just mention this now? I am not buying any of it. But let’s say she is telling the truth, so what? She is still a despicable person.

• $25,000 says:

Maybe she thinks she can get people to think better of her? That’s all I can come up with, or maybe she is planning to come out with some kind of self-help book?

• missusmc says:

I think she’s copying off of Bethenny a little. Bethenny was super rough around the edges, but she was endearing and had a sob story to explain her roughness. I think Tamra’s trying to have a sob story to soften her; the difference is, there is nothing endearing about Tamra.

• $25,000 says:

Right, and she waited too long to explain why she was rough. Bethenny did it all along and so I always understood that’s who she is.

• Cartwheels says:

Ditto. Nothing she could say will change my impression of her.

• boston02127 says:

And why dosen’t she flush the toilet without being told?

$25,000 I feel the sane way. I’m sorry she went through that & I feel since she went through sadness & dark times she knows better than most that she should have sympathy and an open heart towards people in her life. I’m not going to excuse her behavior or give her a pass because she’s treated Gretchen, Vicki & Alexis the way she has on purpose. She’s the one who told Andy just a few weeks ago that she’s doing her job.

• $25,000 says:

Exactly, Powell. I couldn’t agree with you more! She’s so mean I don’t really care about her back story.

• missusmc says:

I just don’t know that I believe her. I think she’s smart enough to know that fans were saying she was too mean; she saw that they recast New York when they felt it was getting too dark, and she’s trying to change her storyline and gain sympathy and stay on the show. It worked, too- apparently, Bravo believes in her and her story enough to have given her a spinoff. I just think everything she does is calculated.

They gave her her spinoff but who knows, that could have been a part of her signing on again. Her bad attitude could get her fired after thus season. A spinoff is not a guarantee for the next season.

• $25,000 says:

Exactly. I think it will be interesting to see how she is portrayed after the spin off runs its course.

Go Chicago Blackhawks. 🙂

6. plainviewsue says:

NMD, that is the perfect summation of this season of RHOC. Time for a recast, not a spinoff.

It’s amazing that NJ is the only one w/o a spinoff. That is cos Andy would never give one to the only one who would succeed, which would be Teresa. And if Teresa left RHONJ, what would those vipers discuss?

Had a twitter exchanged with not the brightest of lights Gretchen. She still doesn’t get that people don’t understand how at Heather’s dinner she said Slade got her a RR, but yet she is the one who has to make the payments on the car!!!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Memorial Day!!

7. $25,000 says:

Does anyone know how far into the season it is supposed to be before Lauri Peterson spills the dirt on Vicki?

8. djprincessc says:

I think its funny that all of a sudden Tamara is going to talk about her battle with depression and suicide in the past. Perfect timing? Backpedaling? Anything to try and make viewers have some sympathy for her, as if we all are supposed to go “AHA” now I understand why she is such a vile human being, NO WORKING FOR ME!! Its taken her how many seasons to talk about this??

9. Tracy Shea says:

Had my first S’more tonight! Yummy!

Hi everyone-hope you all had a great weekend-just finished dinner out on the deck-no room for dessert…yet!!
    Thinking of Lulu…#babywatch2013!!!!

Ice cream! Ice cream!

Soon soon!!!!

• melthehound says:

Now I want ice cream… I’m still thinking about that ‘swirtle’ from Walgreens featured on Celebrity Apprentice.

I have some delish coffee gelato that I’m going to have in a few but I want to try the “swirtle” too!!!

• melthehound says:

I’ve never had, gelato.. Don’t even know where I’d get it around here. It’s okay though.. Not supposed to have that kind of stuff anyway.

I love Hagen Daz Coffee!

Gotta add Gelato to my list. Thks JNNTJ.

I love gelato-I get it at Stop&Shop-it’s a bit more expensive but it it soooooo good. They have a Belgian Chocolate that I could eat every night-I don’t buy that one often-only once in a while b/c I can’t stop eating it!!!

I’m sorry. You’re just wrong. Watermelon Sherbet is IT. Especially if it’s got some little dark chocolate seeds in it.

I had Cherries Garcia. 🙂 I had my mom laughing cause I’m running out of icecream. I don’t eat it a lot but I don’t like to run out. I’m stocking up on Ben & Jerry’s and Haagen Das this week. Maybe some Good Humor too.

9 on the dot….phone rings!

12. Cusi77 says:

Good evening everyone!

I’ve been a bit ill for several months… I have Occipital Neuralgia and it painful, I am trying my best to cope with this condition. It seems that it could last months, years… or just one day disappear. Love to all!

• melthehound says:

Hang in there Cusi.. Your spirit is strong 🙂

Sorry to hear this Cusi-hope things start looking up for you!!! Hugs!!!!

• cusi77 says:

Thank you! Now that I know what to expect or not, I have decided this is not going to stop me from living a significant life. No pain killers for me. Just Tylenol at night to have my rest and have an active life during the day. God is my fortress and strength…

• $25,000 says:

So sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. I hope things look up for you very soon.

13. $25,000 says:

Oh Tamra, no one cares why you became such a Queen Bee Witch, I just want you off my TV screen!!

I think Tamara moved on pretty quickly…….re: bath tub eppy.

15. $25,000 says:

Lydia’s doggie is so cute!

*bathtub (duh) what is wrong with me tonight? lol

17. melthehound says:

So is this Lydia’s storyline? The pothead mother?

18. cusi77 says:

So Lydia story line is her mom… Nothing better going on there?

• melthehound says:

So far I’ve heard magazine, Alexis’ friend, and now pothead mother.. Any bets if she’ll be back for season 9?

• cusi77 says:

Pot stirring sometimes, she will make it! Plus , she is the bridge between Alexis and the other women.

• melthehound says:

They can’t let go of Alexis, can they? or she can’t let go of them… Every time I hear someone isn’t coming back, there they are..

• missusmc says:

I’d much rather be bored by Lydia’s non-storylines than watch Terry and Heather fake fight and fake make up again. Lydia’s mom is Goldie Hawn-ish and interesting. The bland, made up fighting of Heather and Terry are just tedious to watch.

Heather and Terry are very tedious watch!!!

She loves to hold onto a grudge, doesn’t she? And it’s not like she starred in Gone With The Wind, she just had a week’s gig as a walk in on a sit com. I wonder how long she’s going to milk that?

God Bless the kid born to Gretchen.

20. $25,000 says:

She’s young, why does she need to see if she’s fertile? Usually, at her age, the doctor would say try for six months before going to the doctor to be tested to see if you are fertile.

• missusmc says:

Usually, when one partner has obvious issues that would hinder pregnancy (ie, Slade), doctors go ahead and test the other partner, to make sure they have all the info they need going in. Slade’s vasectomy means he will have invasive procedures; they need to know how invasive it is for Gretchen. Also, for some women, it can be hard to get pregnant starting at 35. This is the one storyline Gretchen’s ever had that’s believable.

That being said, I do believe that out of all the women, Gretchen is the worst. Seriously. The. Worst. And that’s a tough accomplishment, seeing as how she is in the same cast as Tamra. And Vicki.

21. melthehound says:

So Gretchen wants to get pregnant? I guess at 35 or so, within the realm?

22. $25,000 says:

So Gretch, it’s time to ditch yer b!tch!

23. Gretchen wants to give Slade a child? Newsflash Gretchen – you want the baby – not Slade.

• missusmc says:

Doesn’t Slade have enough children? I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to support the ones you have before you procreate some more. Especially when it’s so intentional like G and Slade. It’s not like she’s going to accidentally get knocked up. And IVF costs a fortune, which is money that would be better spent on his sick son.

• melthehound says:

She seems a bit selfish, doesn’t she? Maybe she should get a guy who can give her what she wants without having the obligations. I know if I were on the hook for child support and medical expenses, last thing I would want, is another kid.

Right but Slade is on the RHWs money train & he can’t get off & he needs Gretchen’s money & housing to support him.

• melthehound says:

Can’t respect a guy like that. Just can’t. If she already had kids and he was the mannie, maybe but, he seems like a freeloader to me.

• $25,000 says:

Do you think she’ll do a trade out with some fertility doctor for TV coverage of his practice on the show? I bet that’s what she is thinking!

• cusi77 says:

That is the $64K Question!

• $25,000 says:

When the others got completely unlikeable and turned on her? It’s all relative. Vicki is not a nice person, but she does have some good qualities. Other than looking good in a swimsuit, I can’t think of a single good quality Gretchen has.

Rofl … Give her a few episodes 😊

• missusmc says:

I don’t know if she’s likeable; I do think she’s pitiable. There’s always been something so desperate about Vicki that even when she’s completely awful, I could never truly hate her. Of course, I’ve never really liked her, either…

The biggest thing that has changed in Vicki is that she has been able to look back at how she treated Gretchen & Alexi & even Slade and sees her attitude & treatment of them was not fair when she didn’t take the time to get to know anything about them. She knew Slade and knew that he previously was a hard worker. She didn’t care to listen to Slade to find out his real problems w/not paying child support until she was really in the relationship w/Brooks a man that was doing the same thing but she accepted that & even tried to say Brooks situation was different from Slade’s situation. She’s still not fond of Slade
        because he talked about her looks. Slade is a pig but so is Brooks.

• $25,000 says:

I think you’ve got something there. She may not see how wrong she has been as clearly as we see it, but I do think she has realized she needs to be more compassionate.

She’s beginning to reap what’s she’s sown. Driving Donn away was the dumbest thing she could have done. If Brianna hadn’t become pregnant, Vicki would be rolling around in that huge mansion ALONE.

24. stellastars21 says:

Cusi:
    I have that Occipital Neuralgia too. I get injections for that and they help so much. Mine’s is from a car accident and it will be for a lifetime. But you should see a pain specialist like I did and they may help you with these injections to numb your nerve. They are working me up to only going twice a year since this will be a lifetime thing. I feel for you because I couldn’t sleep through the night and had severe pain in my neck and up the right side of my face and down my right arm. It is the worst. Even worse than my fibromyalgia. So since I know what that’s like I really want to see you get help for the pain and feel better.
    I hope you feel better and find relief. Hang in there.

• cusi77 says:

Oh, Stella! Thank you for this information! Mine was due to Shingles on my right side of the head and the nerves got irritated and it is possible it is for the rest of my life. Please, ask NMD for my Email. I’d like to be in touch! Hang in there , sweetie, I know what you are going on. Xoxoxo

• cusi77 says:

Oooops…. Going through

• cusi77 says:

Stella_ I sent an Email to NoMoreDrama with my email address , if you could send her another for her to put us in contact… that would be great! 🙂

Stella & Cusi I feel for you ladies and Diane w/her pain issues. I wish you all the best w/your care and treatment to feel better.

25. lillybee says:

Vicki, get over yourself. There are many MIL who supported their SIL’s deployment to war. My daughter’s hubby went there twice while in the reserves.

• melthehound says:

I know my mom supported my sister’s ex when he went in 1990. She couldn’t even stand him (none of us could).

Why doesn’t Vicki just call the Commandant of the Marine Corps and scold him for sending her SIL away? Or give her SIL a note for his Gunny excusing him from training and deployments and stuff?

• SoutheastVA says:

I know the current chief of staff of the Army. Maybe I’ll call him for Vicki to see if he can get the message over to the Marine Corps for her. Vicki’s an idiot.

26. melthehound says:

Back on the ganja? I thought she quit… 3 months clean I heard her say…

Did they wash those mushrooms and veggies?

Oh Tamra, you’re not accepted or liked. Get off the stage.
    Tamra……..”I used my looks for love” boo hoo
    layman terms……………………………I was a hugh slut.

And she still is-she act like she is still in high scholl

There was no there there. Kept waiting for some revelation and there wasn’t one. To sum up, she was too lazy too get a job so was happy to have men pay for everything. Oh, and daddy didn’t say he loved her. Oh, wait, he did. THIS is the big awful thing that happened to her? Such a load of crap. And, divorcing Simon was the hardest thing she’s ever done? Gee, sure didn’t look hard, she was banging Eddie in a flash. More scripted bs from the Queen of Fake Reality Show Storylines.

• cusi77 says:

So true Kit9. She is now walking towards her next disaster in life. Like someone said above, this is the preparation from Bravo for her to be liked because she has coming her wedding spin off.

Violins play-“And those are the Days of our Lives”- Violins play out to Roto Rooter commercial.

• Laineylainey says:

Nice summary…I don’t even need to watch…

What exactly does she give back to women? And isn’t she being a victim right now?

30. melthehound says:

Those are the driest eyes I’ve ever seen on a ‘reality’ show.

31. cusi77 says:

This speech of Tamra is like she is already on her way to be true to herself and … I am sorry, but I don’t see her being a better human being than in previous Seasons. She is right in doubting if she is likable… First step perhaps to stop being mean.

How many episodes do we have to see Lydia and her mom talking about marijuana and quitting it, but NOT,,,

So Tamra is going to try and be a better person. Ohh wait, she has to humiliate her mother on national TV first.

33. $25,000 says:

Didn’t Tamra’s mother get a facelift that we saw on the show?

34. djprincessc says:

Is anyone else going to watch The Ring of Fire on Lifetime?? I’m gonna watch that first the OC.

35. lillybee says:

This episode was so boring that I was playing this game.

These are some great videos of military personnel returning and their dog’s reunion with them.

37. $25,000 says:

I wonder if this revelation by Tamra isn’t the first of several shocking revelations to come?

Blackhawks won!!!!! 🙂

39. Lulu says:

Good morning!!! So my water just broke on way to hospital!!! 🙂

#babywatch2013

40. Cartwheels says:

Besides her foul mouth and foul attitude my biggest issue with Tamra is this:

She is the typical person who has had struggles throughout her life, we all had, but it is what you do with those struggles, how do they shape you either for the better or for the worse that count.
    She was a teenager mom, fine, do what is best for your child, get strenght to be better for him, college, profession, etc, to show your child that he/she only made you stronger, instead of that she followed the route of eye candy and found a guy who bought the tale, she was married with Simon for many,many years, besides being in charge of her house (sleeping until noon) she did nothing with that time, no business classes, no learned skill, no Associates, nothing, then comes her time on a reality TV show, she has been on this show for 6 years if not more and what she has to show for it? a 2 star GYM? really? now she is again definying herself and her life based on her marriage to Eddie and when that one falls apart, and it will, then Tamra will again blame it on Eddie and her rough life.
    When will Tamra have one ounce of self accountability and realize that it is her and only her who has wasted her time expecting others to solve her problems and give her a better life instead of taking the bull by the horns and taking care of her own destiny? When is Tamra going to realize that nobody else but her can create a better life for her, her children, and it will require a lot, lot of work that nobody else but her will have to do?

• California35 says:

Good morning, this is pretty good Cartwheels, just blast night I was talking to somoene about how I try to improve, at work on in life. I know I have my own issues, sad past, bad habits, etc. So I try to work on myself. It isn’t that I don’t accept myself or like myself, it us jjust that I know I have things to work on and improve. On the other hand there are people who have no idea, they just are the way they are. They go with it, they may have issues that reflect on their behavior and they affect themselves or others, but ey have no clue, so why would they even try to change or improve? In the case of Tamara, is aven worst I think, because it seems like she knows there are issues, but she blames others or the past forn HER life. Once I read, probably here, when would one stop blaming their parents or what happened to them when they were children? If they are grownups now, why not act like grownups? Take responsibility and a look at one self, if we don’t like what we see, then change something. If you don’t care, then don’t care (like Tam acts, when she says she doesn’t care about what people say).

Tamra and her little speech did little if anything to empower woman. If you want to empower anyone you need to believe what you are saying. Her speech was so phony and fake and goes against everything she has ever said that it came off as unbelievable. She gets so angry when someone “plays victim” (this is her most uttered expression) but that is exactly what she did last night. She basically said “I’m a bitch b/c mom and dad didn’t tell me they loved me.” It’s just an excuse for bad behavior. But this is a running theme with the HWs so it doesn’t surprise me-they all like they don’t care if people like them but the sign up for a reality show to get adoration from their “fans” and when they are met with even the smallest of criticism they freak the F out. They want to be adored but that’s not enough-b/c they also want to attack every person who doesn’t adore them.

• cusi77 says:

So true everything you said Jill… Like Momz Manzo would tell her: “Your mom an dad did not tell you they loved you: Get over! Put your grown up panties and … you know what? GET OVER!”

She is a selfish, entitled B— that (according to her speech) was having sex at 14, pregnant at 17 and letting her BF taking care of her at 18… all her life she has been living using her looks to have a free ride without working… She will be getting married for an Spin off… She has learned N.O.T.H.I.N.G. She is still out of control, like she was at 14.
        I wish her to learn something, for the sake of her kids.

Teresa Giudice is on Wendy Williams this morning.