Tabatha Takes Over

Congratulations Lulu & Happy Birthday

Baby Aiden #blogbaby

Baby Aiden #blogbaby

___________________

Tabatha Takes Over by BB

Tabatha is at Café Treats in Sherman Oaks, CA this week.  The business is $150,000 in debt.  Veronica, the owner, has two other successful businesses, a clothing store and a full service salon.  Veronica is only in her café two to three hours a day, but she has no background in the food service industry.  She doesn’t have a manager in the café.  Her café loses about $7,000 a month and she is taking from her other businesses to pay the bills.  Tabatha asks Veronica if she’s ever thought about closing the café because it’s losing so much money.  Veronica says she wants her dream to come true and be successful like she sees so many establishments doing.

Secret camera footage reveals that this Mexican restaurant is serving other types of food, like Italian.  The menu is a little scattered.  Veronica ended up adding everything the customers asked for. Her most popular item is the fish taco.  One of the customers takes his stale bagel back to one of the servers, Astrid.  Veronica tells Tabatha the bagels were from the day before, not fresh that day.  Tabatha tells Veronica she’s lost a customer because he won’t come back to Café Treats when he wants a fresh bagel.

Next we see Veronica yelling at her sister in law, Christina, the cook.  Veronica says Christina has a big ass mouth and she’s been fired once and quit once.  Veronica feels bad because her brother has five kids and she gave Christina another chance.  Tabatha points out that Veronica threw the tortilla at Christina and Veronica tells Tabatha that Christina doesn’t care.  Tabatha says throwing something at someone isn’t going to get them to care.

Next Veronica is arguing with Astrid about when they get their paychecks and she draws another employee, Diana, into the conversation because Veronica tells Tabatha she can’t communicate with Astrid.  Tabatha tells Veronica she’s the boss and she needs to learn how to communicate with her employees in a respectful way to earn her their respect.  Veronica tells Tabatha she had a dream and now she’s in a big mess.  Tabatha says it sounds like she’s in over her head, but she’s going to have to take some of the responsibility for it.  The customers pay her bills and she needs the customers to be happy and to want to come back. She’s endangering her other two businesses as well.  Tabatha gets the keys from Veronica.

Tabatha tells the staff she’s taking over, and they will be going by her rules.  Tabatha looks at the menu and sees that it has way too many items.  Tabatha takes a tour of the café and notices that it has Moroccan décor, not Mexican.  She gets a bagel from the “display” tray that Astrid has been taking bagels from, not knowing they were only for display.  It’s hard as a rock.  Veronica didn’t know they were display only either.  There is also a popcorn machine and soft serve ice cream machine.  Café treats isn’t filthy, it’s confused.  It’s Moroccan/Mexican/Circus.  Tabatha doesn’t know what it is.

Tabatha meets with staff only the next day. She asks them how much time Veronica spends in the café.  A little over an hour a day unless they are swamped.  When she comes in, she causes stress with her high energy management style.  They don’t think Veronica treats them as well as her other staffs because Veronica faults them for the restaurant not doing well.  They lack proper training and rules.  To Veronica, everything is common sense and the staff doesn’t know how to please her.  Astrid doesn’t think Veronica deserves respect because she has disrespected her so much in the past.  The menu is very confusing and Christina can do Hispanic food, but is not that good with the other things on the menu.  They need to extend their hours and the staff would be willing to work in the evenings.  They could do a good business in the evenings.  Tabatha tells them they seem checked out when Veronica approaches them.  They feel attacked by Veronica and close down when they deal with her.  Diana cares about the business and wants it to succeed because she works there and has been there for a while.

Tabatha takes Veronica and her staff to the Border Grill, owned by famous chef, Susan Finnegar, so they can see how a successful restaurant is run.  Susan is famous for her Mexican food.  Susan’s management style is to care about her staff so they will care about the customer so the customer will come back.  Tabatha had given Susan a Café Treat menu ahead of time to get her opinion.  Susan tells them it’s hard to do a big huge menu well and they shouldn’t do too many things.  They always have to try to keep the guests knowing why they are coming into the restaurant.  She also tells them that only being open for breakfast and lunch limits their chances for success.  Dinner can be a stronger market.  More people eat out for dinner than breakfast or lunch.  Even the name of the restaurant doesn’t really speak Mexican.  She gives them tips for their menu and tells them to narrow it down.  Do a few things really great and pare down the inventory.  Veronica is very impressed and taking in all of Susan’s advice.

Astrid and Diana meet Alex, one of the servers at the Border Grill. Alex is going to show them how to do customer service.  Christina and Veronica follow Susan into the kitchen.  Tabatha asks Christina to show Susan how she makes the fish tacos. She is scared, but makes it.  Susan says it’s pretty good, but it needs more seasoning and gives her some tips of how she can season the ingredients while making the taco.  Susan makes them one of her tacos and Christina thinks it tastes like heaven.

Tabatha sits down with Veronica to go over what she found out at that morning’s staff meeting.  Tabatha calls BS when Veronica says working with women is very hard.  She tells Veronica she’s taking out her frustration and failure on her staff.  Tabatha asks Veronica why she has rules in her other businesses but not at the Café.  Veronica has no answer and realizes she needs to work with her staff as a team just like she does with her other businesses.  She feels bad because she appreciates them, but hasn’t told them so.

The next day, Tabatha takes all of them to a car wash.  Veronica started out working at a car wash when she first came to the U.S. 22 years ago.  She worked from 5 a.m. and earned $50 bucks a day.  Her staff is inspired by Veronica’s story.  Tabatha tells them they will all be cleaning up a mobile taco food truck.  Veronica says it looks like a poopy caca truck.  Veronica guides them through the cleanup of the truck.  She is encouraging and treats them with respect.  After they clean up the truck, Tabatha tells them they will be selling tacos from the truck.  She has stocked the food truck with everything they will need and they are to market the café by giving samples from the truck.  Veronica leads them through the preparation of the food while Astrid is standing outside the truck getting customers to sample the food.  The customers love the tacos.  Tabatha tells them she has a few more things in store for them and they head back to the café.

When they get back to the café, they brainstorm the huge menu.  They get rid of all the breakfast items.  They add Mexican items instead of the bagels and waffles and such.  Veronica wants to pare down her food inventory to save money.  Tabatha sends them home so she can change the décor and make it what it should be, a Mexican café.  When the staff returns, it’s a whole new place.  It looks so fresh and new.  The staff feels like kids in a candy shop.  It definitely has a Mexican feel.  The new menu has been simplified.  They start prepping for when the customers come in.  Astrid is working the front of the restaurant.  One of the couples is upset they were there first and they are being ignored.  Tabatha tells Astrid to check on them because they’ve been waiting a long time.  Astrid is a little nervous.  Veronica goes over to the couple and apologizes and they appreciate it.

Veronica and Christina are communicating much better than they did in the past.  When the ignored couple gets their food, they rave about it.  So do the other customers.  The food is a hit.  Teamwork was the theme of the day and Tabatha sits down with Veronica with her final recommendations.

Tabatha recommends regular staff meetings and that Veronica spend more time in the café to show she cares about the business and the staff.  Tabatha also thinks she should extend her hours into dinner.  Veronica agrees.  Tabatha also recommends that the name is changed to reflect Mexican cuisine because Café Treats really doesn’t do that.  Veronica asks the staff for their input about a possible name change.

Six weeks later, Tabatha shows up to the newly-named Café de Mexico.  They have also added some festive Mexican décor.  They have expanded their hours.  Astrid left a few days after Tabatha left and Diana also moved away because of a divorce.  The new staff is doing well and Christina and Veronica are getting along much better.  Veronica loves being there now.  Another business saved by Tabatha.

——————————————-

This entry was posted in Tabatha Takes Over. Bookmark the permalink.

199 Responses to Tabatha Takes Over

1. Iowagirl says:

Beautiful job Lulu, congrats.

• Laineylainey says:

Yes, Lulu! Well done!! And it’s your birthday? We all know it’s gonna be a good one, don’t we? With the best present ever!

2. Boobah says:

Congrats Lulu!! Aiden is adorable! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

What a beautiful baby Aiden is. Happy Birthday LuLu!

4. California35 says:

Good morning to all,
    Aaww beautiful baby, congrats Lulu and happy Birthday!!

Oh what a little cutie! Happy happy birthday Lulu !

Great blog BB. You make me want to go try out Café Mexico! I just might 🙂

Awww, he’s so precious! Thank you for sharing a picture with us. Best wishes on your birthday, Lulu! 😀

Congrats Lulu-Happy Birthday!!!! He is a cutie!!!

9. Rebecca says:

What a beautiful boy! Congratulations Lulu!

10. Congratulations, Love & Hugs to you and your beautiful little Aiden, LuLu! And Happy Birthday doll! What a birthday gift you got THIS year! 🙂

11. Jules says:

Wow!! Handsome boy.

12. plainviewsue says:

How adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday Lulu!!!

13. ramonacoaster says:

Congratulations Lulu and Happy Birthday! What a perfect present to bring home. So cute!

Good morning everyone. I see we have a Cover Baby. Aiden sure is cute! Thks for the picture Lulu. Happy Birthday Lulu. I’m sure you’re grinning from ear to ear. Party on but get lots of rest.

It looks like a beautiful day out today. I hope everyone gets to enjoy a piece of it.

itsnotreality and Nightlight I am pretty for you and your families. Pleas continue to post to let us know how you are doing, to rant or just talk about these crazy HWs. I hope we help you even if its just temporary.

Happy Birthday Lulu! What a handsom boy!

16. Laineylainey says:

BB, Thanks for the blog…my daughter is taking me to Santa Monica beach today, maybe I’ll find a pale to have fish Tacos. Reading te log made me crave them!

• Laineylainey says:

Place

There’s a place here at the Outer Banks called Mamma Kwan’s. They make great fish tacos. If anyone is ever down this way, try them out. Oh, and they make the best onion rings I’ve ever tasted. You hear that, Terry Dubrow?

17. Orson says:

Lulu, you do very good work. He’s a handsome baby. I’ll give you $60 for him. Okay, $80 if I can get to an ATM. 😉

Wait 15 years and she might take you up on that. 😊

I don’t know if it’ll take that long. I made a similar offer in reference to my favourite niece’s sister-in-law’s 6 month old boy, Charlie. She said Charlie was a pretty good baby and wasn’t for sale, but she’d be willing to open negotiations regarding Charlie’s 2 year old sister and 5 year old brother. 😉

That is one beautiful baby boy Lulu – multiple good wishes all around!

19. Stars99 says:

What an amazing gift, Lulu… thanks for sharing him with us!

20. princesspindy says:

Happy Birthday Lulu!!! Aiden is a cutie patootie!!!

Well! Just like Lulu…….having a beautiful baby and a birthday to throw shade on my new puppy…..he,he,he…..

22. sparklemuffy says:

Beautiful sparkle Aiden and happy sparkle birthday Lulu 🙂

23. Congrats Lulu and happy birthday!! Lulu you have received such a great gift, motherhood is the hardest but most rewarding job there is. So last night I could not sleep so I went to lay in bed with my little girl and then just started bawling. I thought she was sleeping but all of a sudden I feel her little hand caressing my arm. At that moment I realized that I needed to stop wallowing and be strong for her. She is such a fighter in every way. I became pregnant with her when I was dealing with health issues. I was taking medications and had IUD birth control. I worried my whole pregnancy about her being okay. Yesterday I blamed myself for what she is going through. I know that whatever the outcome is she will fight threw it and I will be there to help her. Ok so to lighten things up a bit I wanted to share a story about her. When my son was first born I was changing her diaper when he cried out. I hurriedly put on her diaper and left her on the bed with her brother watching a movie. I went to feed my son. I hear her giggling and makes lots of noises so I come back into the bedroom and omg she had taken off her poopy diaper. She had rubbed all over herself, the blankets,and my fabric headboard. Her brother meanwhile was so engrossed in the move that had not even noticed. I said to her what did you do and she said no no no while wagging her finger. At the time I did not think it was funny but now I laugh just thinking about it. So does any one else have a story that NOW makes you laugh out loud?PS : After washing the poop out her hair was the most shiny and manageable that it has every been . Maybe I need to be on the Housewives of the PSL and come out with a haircare line called, “La Manure.”

• Rebecca says:

My grandmother had a sister named Celia. My mother called her “Zio Zio” so we called her “Aunt Zio-Zio” my whole life. I’m in my forties now. A couple years ago we were talking about her and I said “Aunt Zio-ZIo told me ….” My mother looked at me with the weirdest face and asked me to repeat it. She then busted out laughing. (She’s almost 80 years old) She could barely speak but she managed to blurt out, “Zio-Zio means “aunt.”” We were calling her Aunt ‘Aunt’ our whole lives. I blame the older set of kids, but I thought my mom was going to have a heart attack she was laughing so hard.

• Lol! Is Zio Italian. My six year old son has done a sort of similar thing. His uncle since he was born would call him ” El Chicio” ( the kid) because he has the same name as my husband.So my son when he first started talking would call him that back. His uncle is 6’2 weighs close to three hundred pounds with spikey hair and a eyebrow ring. At first we tried to correct him now everyone in our family calls this huge guy, “El chicio.”

Rebecca that is a good one. It took you 40 yrs to find that out. LOL.

I plan on learning Italian sometime soon, and I’m just wondering do you pronounce the Z like a hard Z or is it soft, almost like zssssss?

I remember Teresa speaking it a lot on HW but I don’t count Teresa on nj as pronouncing it ideally plus I think she speaks a dialect. Her Italian didnt seem the formal one to me.

Just wondering — is it like “zeeeeeeo”. Or softer Z

• stellastars21 says:

I’m glad you’re finding the strength you need through your daughter.

itsnotreality you just keep remembering the goog & funny events and w/prayer, family, & friends you will get through the difficult times. And La Manure sounds like a great idea but don’t “spread it around” cause a HW might steal it. 🙂

24. melthehound says:

Congrats Lulu 😀 and happy birthday …

25. stellastars21 says:

Aiden is such a cutie. 🙂

26. chismosa says:

Beautiful baby Lulu and happy bday!

27. Nancy, I hope for a fast recovery for your sister and strength for you .(((Nancy)))

OMG! Tennessee finally scored in the bottom of the 7th. What a nail biter this game was. They left something like 11 runners on base and couldn’t score. Finally they did. Way to go Vols!

• AZGirl says:

BB do you know when ASU is playing??

The Sun Devils play tonight on ESPN @ 9:30pm ET

Glad to hear Pepper was getting along good with the training…when are swimming lessons?!

• AZGirl says:

We just finished. Baby steps with the pool. Mr. AZGirl carried her in and let her swim to the steps twice. But we had to carry her in. She is still small. I think when she is bigger and stronger she will love it.

Absolutely! Pepper being to young is a perfect start. I know the dog needs to be a good swimmer to she doesn’t drown..since you have a pool. Of course, swimming is such a wonderful exercise for humans as well as canine! I don’t have a pool, and my dogs can’t stand water. The only thing they equate it to is gettting a bath. If anyone needs a never used kiddie pool, I’ve got one. My dogs are probably too big and dense to swim but I though the pool would be a good cool down or make for a more fun bath. I thought wrong, haha, won’t get close to it!

TexasTart I had a French poodle named Pepper when I was growing up. We got him as a puppy and he was trained, very well trained. He would jump through my hoola hoop. As he got older if we left the chair pulled out at the table and pecans were in a bowl he would crack them & eat them & leave the shells and don’t have fried chicken on the table, he loved fried chicken. He was very smart but also hated baths. We would get his leash & he would hear the noise & think he was going for a walk. So we would trick him to give him a bath. He also ran away from home twice and went to my aunt’s house and sit on the porch. My aunt lived 5 blocks away & he knew how to get there. He was a great dog.

Powell poodles are like the #3 smartest dog breed out there

People never think of that because of their beauty I think, but they’re supposed to be brilliant.

Powell, sounds like he was a great dog. I’m laughing at visualizing the dog in the chair cracking the pecans, lol, and stealing fried chicken! 😆

Chismosa & TexasTart he was very smart. My aunt whose house he ran away to had a white french poodle Frisky. He was also a great dog and so smart & also ran away from home to my house, remember we Lived 5 blocks from my aunt.

HuskerHuny’s team is on at 7 ET.

HEY!!! Just saw Jenni Pulos’ first husband on a commercial for Lincoln cars. Well at least we know he is getting work.

Yeah I saw him the other day

He was on a show I was following and so upset it was cancelled— Sarah Michelle Gellar— Ringer
      I really liked it !

He was such a jerk to her. He remarried I believe ?

Chismosa these networks don’t give shows a chance. A lot of good shows were cancelled mid-season & after the season. That’s why there are more & more reality shows.

Yup, that’s why I don’t count Nene’s show the New Normal as a failure of hers— nothing is SAFE!

Not even Buffy!
          Haha, I never watched SMG in anything but I loved Ringer

I’m going to watch the new show she’s going to be in with Robin Williams about advertising this fall. Looks good.

Robin Williams! Gosh, I forgot about him – he’s been gone a long time. At least seems I hadn’t seen him in ages.

Wonder if Keida posted? KansasGirl? I don’t see every post, but Keida is in OK and I’m not sure where in KS our girl is, but haven’t heard from these two and hope they are not directly affected by the tornados. We know HuskerHuny has been running to her shelter often ans luckly not directly affected. Not sure who else is in tornado alley, but hope all is well.

Just read your posts Nightlight and my heart goes out to you for experiencing what seems like a completely unexpected change in your relationship with the husband. I’m sorry you’re going through this and wish that you will utilize any warnings you have – even if you don’t understand where all this comes from. I hope therapy will she some light, or at least you will at some point see the light at the end of the tunnel and have peace in your heart for whatever way this goes for you too. (((hugs)))

Apparently Heidi Klum and Yolanda are friends.

Maybe from modeling days? Dutch and (or I should say und) German are so similar, the languages

That’s nice, I love Heidi

• princesspindy says:

There was someone famous at YoYo’s dinner party, not the party with the real housewives….it might have been on her Dutch show…I thought it was Heidi but I could be wrong…I remember that whoever the woman was didn’t have much makeup on and I was surprised…..

Maybe it was…their age diffence is not too great, they’ve probably been in the same circles a long time. Yo tweeted another pic of just the two of them and they look very chummy.

JZ’s Newsletter:

As the saying goes…”I’m Back” !! Though not in as good a shape as I would like. Lots and lots of rumors…so here is the REAL story in a nutshell. As many of you know, Bobby and I recently moved into our new Hamptons House. Now I have a real excuse to “shop till I drop” and so I did. I fell in love with a Frontage massage table that has a built in heater. As soon as I opened it I turned it on “high” and fell fast asleep. When I awoke around 5AM I quickly sat up and tried to stand up. I collapsed. I think the heat in the bed put my feet to sleep somehow and I toppled over as soon as I tried to stand up. As I “crawled” into our real bed…I said to Bobby…”honey, I think I broke my feet!” He was sound asleep and soon so was I. When I woke up at 8AM to start getting ready for a Bella Magazine photo shoot in our home, I realized my feet were really broken. SO many people and so much work went into setting up this very special photo shoot that I couldn’t cancel. My adrenaline kicked in when everyone arrived…I just told them what happened and that I couldn’t wear shoes…but other than that…”SHOWTIME!” I had the most amazing day and felt like a princess. When you see the photos, you will see why! I can’t thank the Bella Magazine team enough for taking such good care of me and even picking up my favorite Chinese chicken salad from Bobby Van’s in Bridgehampton and flowers the next day. Special shout out to everyone involved including photographer Anna Gunselman, Hair stylist Federico Calce (my hair never looked so good), Chris Lanston (I loved the STELLA makeup you used!) and clothing stylist and designer to the stars RIchard Lowe III. As Rachel Zoe says “I die for your clothes” !

***Pic’s here (x-rays) of her broken foot & her in a wheelchair & laughing. .

How many movies have we all seen when the wife’s water breaks and is about to go into labor and she says to her husband” Honey….It’s time to go the hospital… !” Well I am not pregnant but by 2PM it was DEFINITELY time to go to the hospital! So off I went. But not without Bobby running into my favorite frozen yogurt store in Southampton. Why did Bobby buy my a cone first? Well let’s say Southampton Hospital has a “reputation” for long waits in the ER. As Bobby rolled me up literally in a wheelchair carrying my ice cream cone like a little girl in my Moroccan moo-moo, the nurse told me that you are not supposed to eat before going to the hospital in case you need a procedure (a little FYI!)…how would I know that! So I finished my cone and filled out the paperwork. As soon as I finished they called my name! NO WAIT…none…NADA! After a quick and painless XRAY…the Doctor told me I broke the 5th metatarsal bone in my left foot and sprained my right foot. I started to cry…there goes my tennis, long walks on the beach, Pilates but most important…HIGH HEELS this summer! Of course I am sitting in the ER and realized quickly how lucky I am that I would recover in 6-8 weeks where others are not as fortunate. I want to thank all the nurses and doctors who treated me that day and I will continue to support the hospital through local fundraisers this summer. Without the support of the community, they would not have a brand new waiting room for family members and a brand new wing. A temporary cast, a pair of crutches and a wheelchair later, I was in bed with my foot up on 2 pillows with ice on it. I wish I had a counter to tell me how many times I screamed “Bobbeeee” and “Saraaaaa” that day and the next.

As soon as I got home, I called my baby first cousin (Aunt cookie’s first born son) David Zaret MD, who also happens to be an orthopedist and foot and ankle specialist. Bobby took me to his office on Long Island the next day and he prescribed a removable walking cast with a prognosis of…if I take it easy, elevate, ice it, it would come off in 6 weeks, I should have 100% recovery and might even see a tennis ball by the end of the season. High heels? Well that depends. Luckily…my house isn’t shoe friendly to begin with!

Not quite against Doctors orders, I am packing as I write this for London this weekend. When I make a commitment, it would take 2 broken feet to break it! (no pun intended!) After selling out all of my product on my premiere show for Skweez Couture a few months ago on QVC UK, I have been asked back for 3 hours this visit. 3 HOURS! And do I have “new styles for you” that YOU MUST HAVE in your wardrobe this summer. No excuses. There are too many styles to mention except one category that stands out in my mind. The lighter weight Jacquard in Nude or Black. Beautiful Floral patterns self inscribed with a gorgeous sheen to it. So comfortable, you feel naked but has the strength to hold your flesh in and smooths it out at the same time. I am so excited to show it to you in person that I am flying to London Saturday night so I can adjust to the jet lag for a 9AM first show on Monday. I hope you will ALL tune in …whether in the UK or even on the internet thru qvcuk.com. If you live in the UK..you can pre-order online NOW to insure you get the proper size and styles you want to try. DON’T Wait…I want to make sure you get FIRST PICK of the selection.

If you bought, wore, AND LOVED anything from my first show last month…please leave comments and if you aren’t shy…PLEASE CALL IN? They will be asking throughout the show for callers. If you do get through…please share with everyone which style you bought, why you LOVE IT and what you wore it under? If you have a suggestion that will help someone make a decision on which to order please call in but please keep it brief as time is limited.

For regular QVC UK watchers…my presenters are. Anne Dawson, Catherine Huntley and Alison Keenan. Showtimes are Monday blah blah blah blah blah BST, Tuesday, blah blah blah blah blah blah at 9AM and 7PM BST.

See you all MONDAY!!! Have a GREAT WEEKEND!
    Love, Crazy Lady (ok, I added that)
    XO

Pic of Ginger in a mini beach chair.

Thks Boston. How many times did she say the Hamptons?? I sure hope Skweeze is making a lot of money cause Bobby is going to be broke. Miss Braggerston is still trying to get people to pay attention to her.

• lillybee says:

Could a lawsuit be coming?

Boston thanks so much for this. I needed a good laugh

She makes herself out to be Diane Keaton in Something’s Gotta Give in that GORGEOUS plush all-white house and long walks on the beach

How is her house not shoe-friendly? Methinks she rented it, just for summer. Like Aviva is renting a townhouse strictly for ny HWs taping.

Is she really successful in the UK?? My opinion of the Brits has greatly lowered now. I wish we had someone on the blog who lived there. I don’t get her appeal? Shouldn’t she be a laughing stock and terrible example of Americans?

Thanks again for this– great laughs

Ps this reminds me- whatever happened to the Bethenny shape wear stuff? Does she still do that ?
      I wonder

• AZGirl says:

Ok….all you female posters here (well I don’t want to exclude Jeff/MTH but)…whose husband would not check on their wives if they did not make it to bed? I fall asleep by the pool in the summer all the time due to the heat helps my muscles relax. Even last night. Got home around 10 p.m. from an outdoor concert and fell asleep by the pool with puppy. First born came out and said ” Dad say’s to get to bed”. Bobby does not give a sh#t.

• AZGirl says:

We need a rescue organization to save Bawby.

“Love, Crazy Lady” 😆 nice touch, Boston. This is hilarious about broken feet and that she has to go to the UK where maybe they’re not as familar to do a QVC show. A 3 hour one 🙄

• Boobah says:

Oh gawd, that’s some funny reading right there.

FWIW – she does not own that house! While it’s possible that the transaction didn’t go through yet, for all intents and purposes, she does not own that house. I’ll check again at the end of June to be certain. But it very unlikely. She probably has some sort of deal with the current owner. She might have decided to pay in increments with a higher interest rate and the owner will relinquish the deed to the property when she’s reaches the agreed amount. Wealthy people have pretty sophisticated ways of flying under the radar.

Also, I have never heard about Southampton Hospital’s ER wait. Years ago, I had to go there for emergencies with clients on more than one occasion, and I do not recall a long wait. Nor have I ever even heard of that “reputation”. Trust me, there are other hospitals here on Long Island that have a much longer wait than Southampton.

Ah, probably why she can’t wear shoes in the house! 😉 Interesting, Boobah. Hope all is well for you!

• Boobah says:

Things are going well. Thanks! Hope all is well for you too, TT! 😀

I didn’t even think of that being the reason she won’t wear shoes in the house! I thought maybe it was that the interior is largely white – but that makes no sense – LoL!

Hi Boobah— so did they buy? I kept thinking it was a summer rental?

Keep us posted

• Boobah says:

Hey chismosa – the deed is not in their (Zarin) name. They are not listed as the owner. Whoever owns that house, has owned it since 2006. There’s a remote possibility that the transaction simply didn’t go through yet – meaning that the Zarin’s did purchase it but the paperwork hasn’t been filed yet. This is unlikely though. They could have some sort of buyer’s deal, but the reality is, this looks like a rental.
          I will def check again in about a month and see what’s what. I don’t know why she would lie about this – it’s all in public records. So ridiculous. I mean wrong with the truth? – That she is able to rent a nice home for the summer! Even in my neck of the woods, there are A LOT of summer rentals – and very, very, wealthy people that could buy actually prefer to rent! It’s easier in some ways.
          I dunno. SMH

Btw, I haven’t watched LI Princesses yet – have you? I’m a little afraid to watch! LoL!

• plainviewsue says:

I just remembered how much I hate Jill Zarin! Thanks Boston 🙂

• california35 says:

Thanks Boston!

Lulu, your new boo boo is so cute cute. 🙂

You know if it was for Twitter posts alone I would despise NeNe, I never repost her for a reason, and I’m putting this one through to.show her ridiculous self promotion. She probably posts once a day to watch her show this fall. How shameful to make such a big deal of a second wedding dress to marry the former husband?! Arrrgh! And see gets rewarded with a TV show for this – so original. I am disgusted enough too that Tamra could be marketable for her gay wedding. Gag.

She has tweeted more about doing bridal registries in Beverly Hills. 🙄 for her 2nd wedding to the SAME man. Sigh. About what I said earlier; I know all the HW have their self promotion and that’s what Twitter is for – but my real problem with Nene is even when she is nice, she is so disconnected. Doesn’t feel like she connects to people. I can’t recall on thing she’s put out there that I could relate to, or much less find of interest.

• melthehound says:

Nene, Go home, Sit down, and STFU.

35. Donna says:

R.I.P. Jean Stampleton

36. Donna says:

Stapleton

Florida and Nebraska are getting ready to play each other, followed by ASU vs. Michigan.
    The losers of each game are eliminated.

The 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season is officially underway – UGH!

Has Nancy checked in with anyone?

• AZGirl says:

Nancy checked in with BB and BB posted up tread. Nancy will be posting once her sister is discharged.

AZGirl. I’d like to root for your Sun Devils, but I really do not like their head coach. Last night he was looking at the pitcher’s windup and yelling out what pitch (he thought) was coming to his batters. It’s legal, but I don’t think it’s right. To me, it was like he was trying to distract the pitcher instead of help his batters. Anyway, it wasn’t successful because they lost. I like Michigan’s coach. My husband has met her before. The Sun Devils should win this one though. That is, if the other game ever ends! 😀

• AZGirl says:

I went to bed early. Puppy has us up at 4:30 a.m. and I am exhausted by 9p.m. Crazy game. Read about it in the paper this morning.

Who is your favorite Bravo pet? Mine is Giggy followed by Cookie. Cookie has a hurt paw according to Bethenny’s twitter. Bethenny’s in the Hamptons. I wonder if she’s staying at Jill’s. Hahahahahahahaha!

• california35 says:

My favorite is Cookie then Giggy 🙂 cookie is much more like my booboo maybe.

Terry Dubrow 😉

She always goes to montauk. She felt ‘above’ – or beyond, i shoukd say, the hamptons. I wonder if she’ll hang with Andy this week.
      Looks like Andy is only on tonight

I don’t blame her for picking Montauk over the Hamptons-I prefer Montauk-not that I’m there often but I love it. I don’t think think montauk is “above” I just like it better. Plus she stays at the Yacht Club-I would love to stay there!!

Yes Jill her whole angle years ago was putting down the hamptons and that she preferred montauk

Now montauk has become somewhat more hamptons-esque, not completely but somewhat

I meant “above” in the wrong way— she’s too cool for school like — looking down at the hoity toitys of the hamptons. When she is living in one of the most expensive zip codes of manhattan.

It’s just I’m so over her. I almost wish she was in LA for her show 😤😤 🙄 🙄

I have a wedding to go out in Montauk in September-I haven’t been out there in a few years-I can’t wait to go!! The week after that wedding I have another to go to at The Brownstone-maybe I will run into a Manzo while I’m there!!!

Hmmm. Giggy & Cookie are my favs. I like them the same though.

I don’t really like pets-sorry-but I think Gretchen’s fat little dogs are so cute-And I love that crazy little fluffy dog that Lilly has from Shahs-the one that goes in circles.

Oh my god Jill you don’t like animals?

I’m sorry …… It’s been nice knowing you !

Hahaha Jk! 😋

I know I’m terrible-it’s not like I’m a puppy kicker or anything gross like that-its just that most dogs scare me and the little ones are to jumpy and happy for me- and cats are too mysterious and sneaky for me!! i used to have a little white dog that my sister “adopted” I’m just not a pet person but i don’t “hate” on pets!!!

• mrspeabody says:

do any of them have cats? I like cats

• lillybee says:

Any dog who is not Ginger Z.

This Florida/Nebraska game may never end. Bottom of the 10th and Nebraska just tied it up again.

Will it ever end?!!! Gonna be a new day before we know it and there is still another game! 😐

13th inning?! It’s TORTURE!
      AZGirl would have to stay up half the night to see her Devils!

You guys in the West please don’t eat frozen fruit bought at Costco.

Maury’s soft side

That is so cute. My youngest DD also LOVES to have her nails painted…the oldest…not so much.

BB – Thank you for the Tabitha recap! 🙂

Who won the Arizona State game last night? I couldn’t stay awake long enough to watch.

Michigan won – Yay.

I had to give up in the 15th of the other game, I understand the Michigan/AZ game went till 3:30am!

So FL, who played up to midnight, has to play TX at noon…well TX played yesterday too, but a lot less recovery for FL, I think is an automatic disadvantage.

Texas is a much better team than FL IMO. Florida doesn’t have a lot of tested veterans, lots of Freshmen.

All the better chances of meeting you at the plate tonight! 😛
              In other softball related news: The high school softball national champs hail from my folks neighborhood….the 1st time a team from TX won the title. Congrats to the Hays Rebels!

There is a national high school softball championship? The furthest our high schools can go around here is state championship.

😳 My mistake, I misunderstood the local news! They were 4A champs in Texas. Glad you questioned that before I embarrassed myself repeating it again!

Hi chismosa, did you check your Italian? This is a great site,

47. Lulu says:

Good morning everyone and thank you again for all your kind words! Now for the AWWWW moment. He’s a cuddler! 🙂 Mr Lulu couldn’t be happier and says his thank you to everyone. A bit hectic but we are all adjusting.

I’m looking forward to RHNJ but only for Mel’s recaps 🙂 I’m kinda curious if they will include how Caroline helped during Sandy.

🙂 Thank you for sharing this special time with us!

So cute Lulu! My friends who had a second baby and were sons all felt they got blessed with “cuddlers”

All the best to you

Awwwwww!

Hi Lulu! I’m glad the family is adjusting. A baby that’s not two weeks old yet and sleeps 2hrs at a time & he’s a cuddler? Who could ask for anything more. Hugs to the family. 🙂

Harrumph! I think Lulu’s just trying to drive up the price. Okay, $100, but she has to throw in a car seat.

• cocfarm says:

Lulu, sorry I’m late. I hope you had a great birthday. How nice that aiden arrived as a special gift. He sure is cute. I wish there was a scratch and sniff picture ;-). New babies just have that fabulous combo of heavy warmth and that precious baby smell. Congrats again. Xoxo

• Laineylainey says:

Awwwwwwwww, Aiden the Cuddler! You will have to read “Cuddly Duddly” to him. It could be his story.

Good morning everyone. I hope you’ve had a great weekend. As you know I no longer watch NJ w/that crew so I will live vicariously thru you all watching but like Lulu I am looking forward to MTH’s blog. Also premiering tonight on AMC is The Killing at 8pm est. I can’t wait to ser that. Last season was a shocker finding out that Rosie’s aunt killed her. I never saw that coming. I hope the writers keep it moving this season because it slowed down at times & I think they were in jeopardy of not being renewed.

Well I hope you enjoy your Sunday.

Oh lordy I just saw the NJ commercial. Mel plants a tree, Jac pounds the roots into the ground, Kathy waters it, Tre carves T+J in a heart on the tree & Caro is shaking her head. OK kids. Tonight is going to be a bumpy night.

Tonight?!
      Bless you MTH 😛 Take one for the team might be defined by this…good luck!
      And have a great day Powell, I enjoy your upbeat comments. 🙂

Powell I just watched the LI Princesses last night

I am just

BEYOND

There are no words 😡😡
      👿 👿

Chismosa I still want to catch it. Thks. I have been warned. 😉

• $25,000 says:

It’s on tonight too after the Jersey show.

Was it similar to a housewives show, except with a different setting?

I’m curious about this show, so I’ll tune in tonight, but other than this show, I have sworn off new Bravo shows with the exception of spin-offs.

It’s like a Gallery Girls// Missadvised (which i really liked), maybe Vanderpump Rules mix??

Young gals — all about 30, living in long island suburbs with their parents. It does seem they all are Jewish, the premise was made clear on episode 1 that yes they all are Jewish and use Jewish words a lot. (i was not sure earlier because of the last names) i thought there’d be more of a cultural mix but no. To be honest I found it to be an all-female all-Jewish Shahs of Sunset type show.

I live where they film so I have to tune in.
          😥 I was just really taken aback by how bad these girls are.

It was a HOT HOT HOTttttt mess
          I can’t even begin

Lol

50. chismosa says:

Caroline’s just called her daughter an a$$hole.

Edie Falco SIMMAH down

• lori says:

lol @SIMMAH down 🙂 Bravo really isn’t doing Caroline any favors having these shows on again. I had forgotten what a bitter, angry, hypocrite she was. It’ll be interesting to see how she tries to rehab her image this season and how successful it’ll be….a little too late for her book though.

51. mrspeabody says:

I saw a first look clip yesterday on bravo for new jersey. they start out showing the damage from Sandy. really sad to see that damage.

That will be sad.
      So I will calculate filming began around October 29th…. We’ll see how the “”edits”” try to draw the viewers back in

Oh boy, big day for TV tonight!

• $25,000 says:

I thought the NJ show was just about to start filming when Sandy came along. I know Bravo filmed it, but I seem to remember that the show hadn’t officially started filming yet.

Interesting 25k

Maybe Bravo / Shed/ magic producers had to scramble around and just use footage of Sandy and then have talking points about it from the ladies?

Maybe we won’t see them actually in their houses during it
          Interesting to see how this (and the whole season 😷😷