Tabatha Takes Over

Tabatha Takes Over by BB

Business/Location:  Mani-Kir Royale, North Hollywood, CA

Owner/Background Info: CJ “Meow” Barnes, former Human Resources Executive, initially opened the salon because she really loves nails.  Clients never come back and complain, they just never come back.  She doesn’t know if it’s their services or what, they just aren’t coming back.  She’s over $60,000 in debt and is about to have a nervous breakdown.  She tells Tabatha it’s a great salon in a great location, but they have no clients and she has no idea why the clients aren’t returning.  They’ve only been open for two years. She’s over three months behind in her rent payments.  Meow is not a nail technician; she started the business just because the loves getting her own nails done.  She had done no research nor did she have a business plan.  Her staff is good depending on what you’re having done. They are really good at the nail art, but the nails tend to fall off. She can’t get to the bottom of the problem of the nails falling off.  Some technicians are late getting to work every day and there is an absenteeism problem.  The staff has a list of rules, but they don’t follow them.  Meow attributes it to the fact that creative people can’t follow rules like people in corporate America.  Tabatha tells Meow she is full of sh*t.  If her staff isn’t following the rules, it comes back to management.

Hidden Camera Reveal:  There is a client sitting with her feet in a large metal mixing bowl full of soapy water while the technician is sitting on the floor working on her feet.  She can’t even see her client’s face.  Tabatha says if she were a client, she wouldn’t want someone staring at her crotch.  Tabatha wants to know why Meow doesn’t use proper foot baths and Meow said the clients didn’t like it.  Tabatha finds it hard to believe clients would prefer a bowl from a kitchen supply store to a bubbly foot spa.  Meow says they do.

There is a problem at the front desk between a client and the receptionist Ine about confirmation of an appointment.  Next Meow is walking through the salon repeating the word “proxy” over and over, which is code word for “pick up the pace.”  Tabatha says it’s crazy and one hell of a communication system she has.  Her squatting on the floor and using sign language with her staff is not professional.  Meow walks up to one of her technicians, Bridgette, while she’s working on a client and asks her why she’s being lazy and asks her to come to the back.  Meow denies she told Bridgette she was being lazy.  Tabatha plays the footage back to her and she clearly said it.  Whispering things like that to her staff is demoralizing and it’s even worse if the client hears it.  When Bridgette comes to the back she gets a dressing down by Meow about using the wrong nail gel.  Tabatha tells Meow she’s taking over and it’s going to be a long week.

Facility Inspection:  The floor is stained, dirty and has fingernails all over it. There are dirty mats hiding the disgusting floors.  The bars and chairs are also filthy.  There are stains wherever you look and Tabatha says if she were a client, she’d be afraid of catching a disease in there.  The waxing room is just as bad.  Tabatha says nail salons are everywhere and the competition is stiff and she can see why clients are not coming back.

Meeting with Staff:  There is a staff of five at the salon, four tech and the receptionist, Ine.  She asks the staff why they think clients aren’t returning.  Ine thinks it’s inconsistency between the techs. Two clients could be sitting side by side and the techniques used are completely different.  In her TH, Bridgette says Ine is just a receptionist, not a technician.  Two of the technicians think they could use extra training to improve their skills.  They all shake their heads yes when Tabatha asks them if they could use some education.  They say they’ve had meetings to talk about skills, but they never get to the bottom of it and start talking about other things.

Their last staff meeting was two months ago led by Meow and it was about the rules (coming to work on time, dress code, etc.).  Tabatha asks if the rules are enforced.  The staff says no and admits that nobody follows the rules.  Ine says there is no incentive to follow the rules.  As a manager, the staff thinks Meow is not there enough (about 20 hours a week) and when she’s not there, Ine, the receptionist is in charge because she’s there most of the time.  Ine refers to the rest of the staff as “these girls” and Tabatha calls her on it.  In her TH, Ine says that trying to manage a salon with these so-called “know it all” girls is very frustrating.  There is nothing positive coming out of them and they don’t respect Ine or Meow.

Meow walking through the salon saying “proxy” (which used to be Ugga Bugga Wugga) is normal behavior, all the time, every day.  In her TH, Ine says if she owned the salon, she would fire them all because they are ignorant and slow.  The techs hate the pedicure station because they can’t talk to their clients.  The clients and the techs hate the metal bowls for the pedicures.  They are embarrassed by it.  They need the right tools.

Skills Assessment:  Clients show up so Tabatha can assess their work and she has Joey, an Opi consultant who goes around training nail technicians, assist her.  Meow is anxious about Joey observing their work and if they can’t cut it, she is more than willing to get a new team.  (Way to look out for your employees, Meow.)  Bridgette gets a nail biter with very short nails.  The techs are not good at explaining things to their clients, like the difference between gels and acrylics.  Joey says the service shouldn’t take more than one hour and 15 minutes from start to finish.  Ine and Meow are standing around whispering to each other.  Tabatha told them to do what they normally do.  She didn’t like it that they were standing there gossiping.  It’s now been an hour and 45 minutes and Bridgette’s client’s nails keep coming off and Joey tells Meow that she’s losing money because of the time issue.

It’s been almost 2 hours and not a single client is done.  One of the clients is not happy about her nails being crooked.  One client has product staining her skin.  Bridgette’s client would never return because her forms won’t even stay on.  Bridgett is self-taught, she didn’t learn detailed nail technician skills at cosmetology school.  Tabatha tells Bridgette she has never had a client walk out exactly like she walked in.  Joey says their skills are about a 1 to 2 on a scale of 10.  Very sad.  Meow is embarrassed and disappointed in her team.  The staff is upset too.  They want to be great and know they aren’t.  Tabatha tells them they have to want to be better and decide what they want to do.  Tabatha is not even sure she can help them.

Tabatha sends the rest of the staff home and talks to Meow.  Meow thought her staff was more technically advanced than how they were graded by Joey.  Tabatha tells Meow it’s obvious that her staff’s lack of skill is why clients aren’t returning.  As an owner, it’s her responsibility to make sure her staff is educated enough to keep clients happy.  Meow says Youtube and school text books are pretty much all she has in the way of education resources.  Tabatha says the school text books aren’t going to help them.  She tells Meow she needs as much work on her leadership skills as her staff needs on their technical skills.  Meow asks Tabatha if she’s serious because she’s fully committed to her salon and her team and that day was very disappointing.  Tabatha informs her that she as the owner sets the bar as to what she wants her salon to be.  She needs to determine how she wants her staff to perform, to act, to dress, to conduct themselves.  Meow has not shown any more enthusiasm than her staff has.  If things don’t change DRAMATICALLY, Meow will not be able to keep her doors open.

Tabatha’s next step:  The next day, Tabatha is starting with the basics.  They meet with Joey again and if the staff doesn’t learn what they need, they won’t be working in any salon anywhere.  Joey takes them through some basic nail tech training.  Meow and Ine are watching and seem to be into it along with the techs.  Joey does beautiful work on their nails.  After the training session, it’s the techs’ turn to try it.  That day went a million times better than the day before.  Meow claims her eyes have been opened to what they all need to do.  Joey tells Meow her staff has to practice, practice, practice, even if it’s on each other.  The staff is much more excited and interested.  Tabatha has hope they are headed in the right direction.  Joey tells them she is proud of them and she knows they can do better.  Reopening day will be the test for Meow.  Tabatha wants to know if she’s really changed or if she’s still full of it.

Remodeling:  Tabatha gets the staff to take the U-Bar (pedicure station) out to the truck for disposal.  They are glad to see it go.  The new place looks much brighter.  New floor, new pedicure sinks with foot baths, new manicure stations.  It looks great.

Reopening:  Reopening day is all about impressing new clients with their skills.  Meow seems to be more in control about what she expects from her staff, which impresses Ine.  The staff seems more confident and seem to be getting the hang of what a client expects.  They have been thinking what about what they need to do the few days they’ve been off.  The clients are leaving happy and even rebooking appointments.

Final Recommendations:  Tabatha recommends that Meow commit to her business and lead her staff like she did that day.  Everyone should be getting education and each tech need to take one class in the next four weeks.  Meow also needs to have consequences for her staff and needs to apply her management skills.  When they meet back with the staff, they talk about education, rules and consequences.  Tabatha’s not totally convinced Meow or her staff have what it takes to get the education they need to keep the salon open, but she will be checking back to find out.

Six Weeks Later:  Tabatha is back and sees three of the former staff, but no Meow.  Meow sold her business to Gino, the new owner, three weeks after Tabatha left.  He really has relocated his established business into the new salon, but three techs from the old staff have remained.  Ine and one of the techs, Nia, are no longer there.  Gine likes the three remaining techs and thinks they have a lot of potential.  The ones left from the old staff felt betrayed by Meow, but they are adjusting to Gino.  He seems to care about how they are doing and it’s getting better every day.  They are all attending classes and getting the education they need.  Meow proved Tabatha right that she didn’t have any passion for her business. I wonder what Meow is doing today.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This entry was posted in Tabatha Takes Over, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

240 Responses to Tabatha Takes Over

1. princesspindy says:

I GET GEORGE????

2. It looks to me like Tabatha and Bravo got played by C.J. Bravo pays out all that money to remodel her nail salon, then she sells it in three weeks, really? I doubt she could have put the place up for sale, found a buyer, he get a business loan and then they both get all the paperwork approved and signed in three short weeks unless C.J. had already started the process before Tabatha and crew began filming the episode. I think she had already began the sale and when contacted by the production company for the show, C.J. decided to go ahead and scam the show so she could ask for a higher selling price.

Hi Michael, you have managed to post what I came here to say! I completely agree! They got scammed, in my opinion, by someone who calls herself Meow! I’m surprised Bravo aired that one. I also think she had another business, one that was keeping the nail business afloat and she’s probably doing better with that existing business since she got all the cash from the sale of the newly remodeled nail salon!

Thanks for the Tabatha blog, BB! 😀

Michael and Texas. You’re both probably right! 😀

• Catseye says:

I can’t imagine anyone dumb enough to even buy or start a business that they know nothing about, in the first place. A former co-worker of mine & her husband were buying a faltering car stereo/alarm franchise store (from the owner under the table, making payments). Her husband worked there and needed a job desperately, more or less. As soon as the recession hit it was shut down and they lost all their money. Plus ended up with a tax lien on their home.

Right, Catseye! And Tabatha said to her “so you’re in the nail business because you like having your nails done?!” and the woman agreed. 🙄

Reminds me that I had a friend who was picking my brain for starting a business…all you need to do to get it started, etc. The entire time I’m giving advise, I could not find it in myself to encourage this business for knowing it would fail. I loved my friend, but some people are just not cut out for management!

Happy Saturday everyone. I hope you’re having a great day.

LOL JNNTJ. Weenie? I just laughed myself silly. Please don’t destroy the iPad. You are too funny. 😀

Ha ha, if may I tag on here to say I just saw that and LOL’d myself silly that JNNTJ’s desired word was changed to weenie!

• Laineylainey says:

If I had weenied that my mother was out of town I wouldn’t have come…ugh..I love my m-in-law but …..blah,blah,blah…rewriting history…I guess all old people do that.

• Ladebra says:

Lainey, I was filling up my car this morning, and I look up and there is a Sierra Mist billboard with a wedding dress and green converse sneakers!!! Lainey Girl!

Wow! Did it trip you up for a second?! Cool.

What the heck is Lainey talking about? Hmm.

• NJBev says:

LADebra
          I wish you could take a picture for us!!!!!!!

I tried to google “sierra mist billboards in Ca.”
          yesterday- to no avail!!
          i tried!

• Laineylainey says:

Dear La Debra: surreal, huh? Here you are cyber friends w this lady from tx (me) and there u r in L.A. And there is her billboard. It’s like the illuminati pyramid. No. It’s not. But it is cool how we can all be connected by these little things.

Seriously, Lainey did you go to see your mama and she’s out of town and you are with MIL – or just making fun of the use of wennie? Can’t even type that with a straight face 😛

• Laineylainey says:

Hi TexasTart! So, we drove down to south Texas aka the Rio Grande Valley…aka The Valley”. Both my hubs and I are from down here. So the moms both live down here. I had been trying to tell my mom that I was coming and my calls kept going to voice mail.
          Usu I stay with my ma and he stays with his ma on the first night. As I got closer I thought how weir that neither my sis or my mom are returning my calls. So I thought, I’ll bet they are traveling. So I called my niece and she informed me that they are in Scotland!!!!! So happy for them. I thought well now I can spend some quality time with my m-i-L…but I’m only used to her in small doses. Thus the little outburst about how if I had weenied that my mom was out of town, etc. And yes, I ‘m trying to make weenie happen. Weenie will happen! I just weenie that it will happen.

What a weenie thing to do – go to Scotland and not take you?! 😉
            Maybe it was meant to be that you spent more time with your MIL…maybe she needed that. I hope she’s been able to adapt okay to being on her own.

4. iceNfire says:

The Candy Crush game that was mentioned here…which one is it? Candy Crush Saga on FB app?

IDK, that is JNNTJ’s thing…just stopped here to say HI ICE! 😀

Ice– my friend is obsessed with the game and that friend also knows/plays words with friends via Facebook

I play WWF via the App Store on my phone and that is where I intend to get candy crush

So I think there are games on Facebook apparently that one can get separately on the App Store
      Good luck !

5. NJBev says:

off topic, but I need a question answered and where else would I go?
    I keep getting a phone call from a Chicago# on my cell. They don’t
    leave message-
    How do I find out who the caller is? can I google the I know there’s
    got to be a way and one of youse guys knows it…………………

• iceNfire says:

Is it a new phone? New #? sometimes if you dont keep your old number you get calls from friends of the person that had your new #

Go here, click on Reverse Phone number lookup. It can only give you a name if it’s a listed number, FYI, like cell phone numbers will not show, or unlisted

• iceNfire says:

Our contract is up with our phones so It;s time to get a new plan. I said I want an iphone, husband said ok but LittleKid looked at me side ways and asked “why?” I said b/c my friends on the IHJZ blog post little square boxes and I want to see what inside them….I don’t think I’m getting an iphone 😦

Oh no, iceNfire, you mean no one gets how important it is to know what’s in the boxes 😦
          I’ve never had an iPhone but ALL my friends do. Waaa waa, but seriously, I have been very happy with the Samsung Galaxy S, I use it ALL the time, still looks like and performs like new.
          *I do not get paid by Samsung; but if they would like to make me an offer I’ll post up a storm, ha ha.

• NJBev says:

Hey Ice! I have an iphone, just got it.
          What do you mean point at little boxes?
          what boxes?
          And other than being able to text by
          just talking to the phone, it’s not all
          that. You can’t even forward a voicemail!
          or respond to one, for that matter!!

• iceNfire says:

I mean the blank little boxes that some post here but the emoticons can only be seen if you have a special kind of phone… i think it;s an iphone, maybe blackberry? idk what I’m talking about once again

• cocfarm says:

🙆💆🙌💪🙏👫😁😃😳😭😡👿😷😣🌵🐠🌷🍀🐛🌹🌺🐚🎩👗👑🎧🎬👠🎯

Do you see empty boxes?

COCfarm I like what you got cooking there !

Remember, one has to set the language settings on their phone/ iPad to the language emoji to get these.
              I’m sure even if you don’t have the setting enabled but you have the iphone/pad you still see the symbols 😋😎

• Laineylainey says:

I see the coolest emoticons ever!

• NJBev says:

WOW, thanks Texas!
        that was great, gave me the name of
        2 people who have/had the #.
        I dont know either of them. I
        have often thought about signing up for that
        “Intellius” site- it tells you soo much
        about peoples’ personal info. Only
        problem is I would never get off
        the computer!!! I have enuf trouble staying
        away from youse guys.

I think that I may be feeling a little bitter watching the show Lottery Changed My Life.

If you had to choose between your significant other & 50 million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?

Eww, I feel like I need to sterilize the blog with PrincessPindy’s gravatar loitering around here. 😕

AZGirl – how’s the new pup doing?

10. lillybee says:

Ice, are you keeping cool during this heat wave?

• iceNfire says:

Hi lillybee – I haven’t been outside in a few days…only after dark to ride my bike. A/C running nonstop. I do need to go to grocery store though and I’m thinking of buying a battery operated blow dryer to set on cool and carry around with me when I venture out

• Catseye says:

They sell small battery operated fans, I used to take one to work with me, back when I had a job. I think they use 4 AA batteries and are pretty powerful.

• iceNfire says:

Hi Catseye – Do you have a name brand?

• Catseye says:

It was just something from China, there’s almost 300 different listings of them on ebay right now.

• Catseye says:

The one I bought was like the “Mini Battery Operated Necklace Fan,” it’s selling for about $3.99 w/free shipping from Orlando, FL. It lasted forever and I even bought one for a friend of mine. The also have other styles listed that have a clip, in case you want to affix it to your bike handlebars somehow.

Bed Bath and Beyond should have stuff.

• Laineylainey says:

So that’s the buzzing sound I heard at your desk???. Hmmm, really, its a fan? Heh heh heh

• Donna says:

I have a battery operated fan that when you squeeze the trigger it squirts out a mist.

Vicki Gunvalson has deleted her twitter and facebook accounts.

Watched Identity Thief today. Wasn’t as funny as I thought it would be. Was kind of stupid.

That looked dumb I have to say ….. Was considering watching it for Bateman because I’ve been stalking his a$$ while he’s filming around my house. Apparently he’s so nice he bought the neighboring families food and stuff because he’s a family man himself ….. Nice guy.
      Michael Bluth forever xxooo 😘😘😘😘

• cocfarm says:

I love him too. Did you see the movie ‘Paul?’. Funny silly movie but he’s in it. Started watching arrested on Netflix.

I’m still trying to set up our Netflix COCfarm

I have to get a “moca adapter” so I can get the signal from my computer (which is in our basement) to beam upwards. I don’t want to increase wifi because I’m scared enough as it is.
          I watch the old ones on dvd or on IFC and I just can’t take it.

I die die die for Lucille and then GOB
          I’m going to make an avatar for myself of Lucille ! She steals every scene!
          Enjoy it!

Oh and I never saw Paul– isn’t that a cartoon? But I feel I am always hearing great things about that movie !

80. Wow. I can not believe the drive this woman has to still do stand-up live, host a TV show once a week, a web video once a week, charities and more! She even manages to do daily posts and jokes. Go Joan!

Hahahahahhahahaaa good one Joan! Thanks for this TT!

Yes she is “taking over” all the E shows next week every night.

——even —— chelsea handler. So id like to see how that is handled. IMHO Chelsea had better have gone crawling on her knees to Joan ….. If I were Joan I wouldn’t want to hang with her
      The network probably insisted horsey-handler comply. For the Belmont Stakes and all…. 🐎🐎🐎🐎 🙄 😀

• Laineylainey says:

She’s fabulous!

Thanks BB and TT. Now I have one for you. 🙂 Silence before Bach

Is anyone watching the Belmont? No triple crown this year.

16. iceNfire says:

17. chismosa says:

Ice n Fire—- regarding your new phone to get— get the Samsung galaxy. Everyone is buying it / it is outselling all other phones, people can’t keep them in stock fast enough.

You wouldn’t have to submit to the cult of Apple and I think the price is significantly cheaper. ❓ ❓
    😀

No special boxes for you here.

• iceNfire says:

l_l- that’s my attempt at special box

Oh my god I’m sorry ….. I really am going to start trying to stop posting the emojis.
            I wish there were more WordPress symbols. So limited and borrrrrrring.

I will try my hardest !

• iceNfire says:

Don’t you dare stop! I like guessing even tho I’m sure I’m right zero percent of the time

Ice when I’m on my NoName PC– I see the black outline of what the symbols are.

I’m quite surprised nobody here sees at least an outline because damn my computer is a piece of junk

That reminds me….. I miss Detox
                😦

• NJBev says:

I see all your emjoi’s???
                  those funny little faces you add to your
                  post to help express your feelings-(Believe
                  me, You don’t need them. Your writing skills are
                  beyond excellent)
                  But I always see the cute little expressions you add!!

I thought Ice was talking about those little squares
                  that have some hidden code in them to explain
                  something—– ie: if I see a house for sale and want
                  more info, they say scan this ~~~
                  “””””””ifunky square””””””””
                  and info will be transferred to your “smart device” about
                  the listing————-

Nj Bev, I am just seeing this now, thank you for the compliment- you are very sweet and supportive!

Hope you had a great weekend — if you see this !

The bows by the way, you are talking about are the Q scanner boxes or something with the word Q— if you have the ability to scan on your phone– you can scan something to find out more information from a store/ a brand, etc

Thanks ! 😘😘💥

• NJBev says:

Ice-
            tuff luck w/ that box, eh?
            Do you know how to underline
            something?? I cannot, for the
            life of me, figure out how to underline
            something-

• iceNfire says:

Hi NJBev – underlining is a feature for admins. I can do lots of stuff on my blog that I can’t do here. Create your own blog to play with, it’s easy to do and lots of fun….I have 3 and I’m 1/2 owner of a fourth 🙂

• iceNfire says:

Click on my name if you want to see mine….it’s just a bunch of nothingness

• NJBev says:

I must tell you Ice, that I really loved going thru your blogs!!!!!
                  The pictures were mesmerizing, I truly got lost in the beautifulness!!
                  I tried to comment, but my Yahoo address was not accepting my
                  password, and at 1;20am- no time to create new stuff.

Loved it, and Thank you for inviting me into your truly creative
                  world!~
                  Bev

GO LA KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I’m already wearing black.

What a great time reading the various posts. Laughing pretty hard right now!

Can you guys believe it’s June 8 and I’m making chili? It’s around 65 degrees and raining like a son of a gun. Cold and wet!

Happy birthday Miss Joan Rivers – you bring me so much joy! Chelsea and Kathy start taking notes. She’s a legend.

20. Mene Seela says:

I’ve seen so many comments on other sites about Kim Z having another baby just so she can secure more $ from Kroy. I think she makes a bunch of money from Bravo and personal appearances. Kroy also gets a nice salary from Bravo which he wouldn’t have without her.I’ll bet her kids get something too. If she wanted to make babies for $ then she probably would have done it with Big Poppa before he went broke.

I think what’s more shocking than anything is the blatant smoking when she is SHOWING.
      I don’t know if kids under 18 on the shows get any of their own salary. Like for instance the Manzo kids all do get something I believe

I could be wrong …..

In this case, I’m Pollyana like Lainey Lainey. Even though I don’t like Kim, I would like to think she and Kroy genuinely love each other and she would keep her vows if the big money ever ran out. There are easier ways to get money from a man than to keep having their children, IMO. I can’t see Kim going through pregnancies, labor and taking care of babies for that reason only.

21. Ladebra says:

Well poop 😦

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, is this over time sudden death (whoever scores first wins?). Or do they play the whole OT period?

Boy now you all know what I feel like when I’m watching the World Cup or more importantly the uefa champions!
        The screaming in my house is nonstop
        Haha!

Hope it’s a ‘good’ craziness

22. NJBev says:

Well, this is not related to the game, but it is funny.

My husband(DH?) walked past my laptop before
    and turns around and gives me a funny look.
    A While later he looks at me and says “Who
    is Teaxas Tart?”
    You have to laugh, genuinely laugh, when
    someone so “worldly” looks at you with true
    concern and asks you “who is Texas Tart??”

It’s after midnight here and I’m going to bed. May the best team win.

Congratulations Blackhawks!!! It was a great game. 🙂

25. lillybee says:

I am responding to a post above re. if adult kids on reality shows do get paid. This is a question that I have had about the Duggar family. They have at least 6 or 7 kids who are over 18, so where does that money go. I do hope that it goes to the adult children so that they can use it as escape funds.

26. ramonacoaster says:

I’m watching Open House NYC on NBC and Jill Zarin is showing off her Southampton home which she calls Camp Zarin because of all the activities she has planned for her guests. At 10AM she holds an exercise class for her guests in the lower level (basement). There is a sauna off the exercise room that has speakers where she can listen to music. She styles herself as a reality housewife turned designer. She has a view of the ocean from her home and Ginger has her own chaise lounge. Her home doesn’t look as if her gay husband Brad has got his hands on it yet. It’s tastefully done. He has probably been exiled to Morocco since he did her acid trip apartment. Jill elicited a promise from Sarah Gore the host of the show that she would come back with her son & husband to visit Jill. Poor woman.

Here’s what I found out about the property from Danshamptons.com:

Jill Zarin Shopping in the Hamptons
    May 15, 2013 by SOTH Team

Former Real Housewives of New York star Jill Zarin is already out of Manhattan and likely enjoying her new $8-million Southampton home.

One of our South O’ spies spotted her shopping for dog treats at One Stop Pet Shop in Southampton, just before closing on Wednesday evening. Dressed in yellow, Zarin ignored her “Call Me Maybe” ringtone and suffered over finding the ideal chicken strips for her pampered pooches!

Zarin and husband Bobby‘s new home is a 6,000-square-foot mansion, which reportedly boasts an infinity pool overlooking a private beach. The happy couple told RumorFix that they plan to open up the dream home to a bevy of Hamptons elite on July 4 for “one of the biggest dinner parties of the summer.” The gossip site also noted that Zarin has been enjoying kayaking on Shinnecock Bay when she’s not hard at work promoting her new line of Skweez Couture shapewear on QVC or preparing for a new television project in England.

Welcome to the Hamptons, Jill and Bobby (and your doggies too)!

ramonacoaster, I saw pictures of her new place and it looked very nicely decorated. I hope she doesn’t change anything to suit her taste! Lol. Didn’t I read that she broke her foot or ankle and lamenting about it being healed by the time she has her big to do on the 4th? I think it was in her newsletter boston posted for us.

• California35 says:

Is this an additional house or does she not have her NY place any more? Iguess this is their summer house.

• California35 says:

Her NY place decorated by Brad and her, turned “…Liberace, Versace, la cucarachi” lol

Thanks, ramomacoaster…that was good for a laugh!

Boohbah posted, in the last week IIRC, that she can not find in records where JillZ actually owns the S. Hamptons place. So who knows, but I was under the impression she kept the NYC place.

Since Autism has been a topic of conversation here lately, I found this article in my local paper pretty informative.

28. ramonacoaster says:

I do remember reading this. Thanks BB! Who falls off a massage table and breaks their foot? Yup I was right! – “I wish I had a counter to tell me how many times I screamed “Bobbeeee” and “Saraaaaa” that day and the next.”

29. Lulu says:

Good Morning!!! Another wonderful day! Aiden’s eyes are clearing thankfully. Overall all good here. A really sweet neighbor offered my DH to mow our unfortunate lawn. See in hospital for a few days not to mention rain and really tall grass! DH tried to keep up with it but only did some sections some days. Though I’d rather of had DH get the exercise it was still very thoughtful and nice of our neighbor. I baked them a red velvet cake do you think that is enough for a thank you gift??

Need advice on my next book to read as follows in my sample reading on the nook:
    World war z
    Revenge wears prada
    House of many gods
    Talking to the dead

Anyone read any of these and your thoughts?

• California35 says:

Good morning Lulu! So happy about your baby 🙂 I am glad his eyes are better. Now nice of the neighbor to offer help. if you bake the cake already, it is nice of you, if you have not, you shouldn’t. You are busy with your family and new baby, your neighbor can wait to get your thanks 🙂 I’m sure he wanted to save you time, and not give you another chore 🙂

• California35 says:

On another note, I have not read any of those books, but revenge wears prada sounds like a fun one 🙂 now pass me a slice of the cake 😛

• Lulu says:

Thank you California! This is the same neighbor that allowed his dogs to use our backyard as a toilet. I wonder if guilt has set in? 🙂 I can’t complain since I mentioned it he cleans up after his dogs ever since. I suspect the wife harped on him. 🙂

Revenge wears prada it is! 🙂 Wonder if it is as good as the first? Does this hint at a sequel?

• California35 says:

🙂 good actions from everyone 🙂

I am buying the book right now 🙂 and I did wonder too, if there is a movie sequel in mind. From the description, it mention three of the old characters. Hhmmm

Did someone mention CAKE?! Hi Lulu, I think the cake is enough, my guess is they did that from the goodness of their heart and not to be repaid. However, you need to make 2 cakes! Cut me a piece after Cali 😀

• Catseye says:

I think the cake is a very thoughtful gesture. I made some cookies and took a gift to a couple I had never even spoken to across the street, back in December when they had a baby. I was SHOCKED to get a Thank You card within a day or two! Unfortunately they moved away. But I don’t think it’s ever wrong to thank someone for kindness, no matter how small, in whatever way you can.