Tabatha Takes Over – June 21, 2013

Tabatha Takes Over

by BB

Business/Location:  Nadia’s Family Salon, Englishtown, NJ, 12 years in business

Owner/Background Info: Kevin Lichen is the owner of the salon. He is also a stylist.  Tabatha finds it hard to be polite to Kevin after what she’s seen in the salon that day.  Kevin is $250,000 in debt.  Things used to be great in the salon and have only gone downhill in the past few years.  The staff used to be like family.  Kevin learned hair cutting from his dad, who was a barber.  He now refers to his three senior stylists, Erica, Jen, and Danielle as the “three headed monster” because he thinks they completely undermine his authority.

Hidden Camera Reveal:  Danielle, Jen and Erica are cursing and having a very loud conversation amongst themselves. They are not paying attention to the customers.  They are bitching in front of a client.  Kevin’s family (his wife Daisy and their two kids) hang around the salon at least once a week, getting services but not paying for them.  Daisy is a part-time receptionist and helps out occasionally.  Their family dysfunction is played out in front of the customers.  Erica and Daisy both give Kevin a dressing down in front of clients, making them visibly uncomfortable.  Tabatha is really frustrated and takes the keys from Kevin.

Facility Inspection:  The staff is shocked and scared out of their minds when Tabatha walks in.  Tabatha brings clients from that day back in to tell the staff how they feel about their experience.  One of them says it seems like they hate each other.  All of them felt animosity from the top down.  The place is dusty and dirty with hair all over the place.  Nobody’s used soap and water in a long time.  Anyone who would sit in the VIP lounge would have to be an idiot and the waxing room is disgusting.

Meeting with Staff:  Tabatha tells them the way they speak to their boss is thoroughly unprofessional.  Kevin makes Erica want to kill him.  She feels the three senior stylists carry the salon load and it would fail without them.  The staff feels like Daisy doesn’t really help that much when she’s there even though she tries.  Daisy and Kevin bring their personal life into the salon.  Kevin is not good with money and their paychecks have bounced and they have been asked to hold their checks a couple of times in the past.  Kevin used to have a gambling problem.  The staff doesn’t think he gambles anymore but he spends his money on vacations and expensive dinners.  The staff is used to Kevin but they feel like battered children because he seems so angry all the time.  When he was in his addiction, he let Erica and Danielle run the shop.  The staff cares about Kevin.  Tabatha tells them she has to get through to Kevin, but she also has to get through to them because they have to take responsibility for their part in this mess.

Skills Assessment:  Erica told her client what she was going to do instead of asking her client what she wanted and why.  Kevin doesn’t really explain what he’s going to do for his client and needs to communicate better.  Danielle was so nervous she felt like a complete bumbling idiot.  Kevin wants the clients to fill out information forms and Tabatha tells him she would never have a client fill out a form.  They need to communicate with their clients.  Kevin is mad that Jen agrees with Tabatha and lets her have it.  Tabatha tells him he’s acting like a child and it’s killing his business.  Once the stylists are finished, Kevin is the only one who didn’t really do a great job.  Tabatha tells them all they are good hairdressers and she tells Kevin he’s lucky they are because he would be in a much worse mess if they weren’t.

Tabatha’s next step:  Tabatha sits down with Kevin to discuss what his staff said; that he’s inconsistent and he doesn’t follow through.  She brings up the fact that Kevin sometimes asks his staff to hold their paychecks for a couple of days.  Kevin gets mad and says he is going into his red zone.  Tabatha tells him they should NEVER have to wait two or three days to cash their paychecks.  How can they trust him when he takes vacations and spends money on expensive meals for his family?  Kevin agrees he depended on Erica, Jen and Danielle to run the salon when he had a gambling problem until he quit a couple of years ago.  Tabatha tells Kevin his staff cares for him and the business but they think Kevin hates them.  Kevin has a lot of guilt.  Tabatha tells him until he can own up to his past behavior and apologize, things are not going to change,

The next day, Tabatha shows up at Kevin and Daisy’s house.  She has invited the staff over to their house for lunch.  She feels they need to feel like a family again.  Tabatha tells them it’s all about Kevin and the staff and asks Daisy to step aside.  Tabatha wants Kevin to direct the staff in preparing the barbeque.  Kevin is really uneasy giving directions to the staff.  The barbeque was a step in the right direction.  When they are eating, they talk about having a staff meeting and Kevin suggests having Daisy attend.  The staff tells Kevin that Daisy isn’t there consistently and they want to take direction from him, not Daisy.

Next, Tabatha asks them all to put on a blindfold and has Kevin and the staff bend down and pick up pieces of rope with which they must make a perfect square.  The staff interrupts Kevin when he tries to figure out how to do it.  They finally realize he needs to take charge and figure it out for them.  Eventually, Kevin gets them going in the right direction.  Tabatha sits down and tells us it normally takes children 15 minutes to do the exercise.  It took Kevin and his staff an hour.  But they did it nonetheless.  They realize they have to rely on each other and they do care about each other.  Kevin apologizes to the staff, tells them he cares about them, and he will be more open-minded and try to stay out of the red zone.

Remodeling/Reopening:  Tabatha presents them with a sledge hammer so they can demolish the front desk where so much conflict happens.  The makeover consists of a new seating area for the clients, new custom made front desk, all the stations have been refurbished with new styling chairs and mats.  The walls have been painted with lighter colors.  They also each got a new set of styling tools.

Tabatha wants to see exceptional customer service and tells Kevin to stay out of the red zone.  Kevin takes charge and acts like a boss.  Danielle feels recharged and motivated.  Daisy shows up and is amazed at the new salon.  She goes behind the front desk and starts answering the phone and making appointments.  Tabatha asks Kevin why Daisy is doing this.  Kevin’s not sure and asks Daisy to come back to speak to him.  He asks her to have a seat on the couch and have some coffee.  He is very calm.  Tabatha tells Daisy Kevin doesn’t need another person bossing him around and Daisy says she is very happy to let go.  Daisy leaves but Tabatha is not sure how long Daisy can keep out of Kevin’s business.

Final Recommendations:  Kevin tells Tabatha he feels like the owner and the three senior stylist did an awesome job that day.    Tabatha tells Kevin that he can’t revert to the old Kevin because they will never trust him again.  Tabatha tells him not to let his family come in unless it is friends and family day and they have to pay for their services.  She tells him he has to keep Daisy out of the salon business because it’s disruptive.  Meanwhile, talking amongst themselves, the staff doesn’t want Daisy in the salon because they think Kevin is more decisive when she’s not around.  They think it will help Kevin’s life in general if Daisy stays away.

When they all get back together, Tabatha tells them they still need to have staff outings and continue to work together.  It’s not going to happen overnight.  Kevin tells them Daisy’s new role is to be Kevin’s wife and he will take advice from her behind closed doors and not at the salon. He tells him he’ll do his best to be a better leader for them.

Six Weeks Later:  Tabatha returns and the salon is very busy.  Daisy is not there and hardly ever comes to the salon.  This makes Kevin less tense, which makes the staff less tense.  No more red zone for Kevin.  The staff has been paid consistently and the clients are getting a better experience.  Kevin has paid about $14,000 off of his debt, which is good for six weeks.  Nadia’s is starting to feel like a family again.

This is my last recap of Tabatha Takes Over for this season.  Next week is the season finale, but it will not be a takeover episode.  It will be a retrospective about four businesses Tabatha has helped in the past and how they are doing today.  It should be interesting.

____________________________________________________________

That’s all for now folks. If you have anything you want added, like a birthday or something, let me know at mth2008-mel@yahoo.com . Don’t forget the minus/dash before ‘mel’ .

____________________________________________________________

About MelTheHound

Fuck Cancer
This entry was posted in Tabatha Takes Over. Bookmark the permalink.

323 Responses to Tabatha Takes Over – June 21, 2013

Happy Friday !

ooOoo and Summer Solstice

• Laineylainey says:

Hi HH!

I feel great but my ear is still plugged. This is my third day on the antibiotic so I will give it a bit more time.

So looking forward to my family’s annual trek south to Missouri for our fireworks. We’ve been doing this since I was pregnant with my twins – 28 summers ago! Wow! Can’t be possible. My husband is a pyromaniac. We all have such a fun time with it and love celebrating our country’s birthday.

it’s gonna be a warm one around here – 90s and hotter. I can hear my tomato plants growing; that is the plants that the bunnies haven’t eaten. I’m goin’ wabbit hunting (in my best Elmer Fudd voice).

2. Orson says:

As far as I can tell, nobody was harmed in the chat last night. There were 4 new names in the “people in the chatroom” box, but 2 were too askeered to type up. I guess. And we were pretty much behaving too. Okay, the cussin’ jar had to get passed around, but I didn’t wax my furry or anything like that. I hope they get over their shyness next Thursday.

FRIDAY FRIDAY!!!!!
    Today is Kevin’s annual golf outing with the Firemen-they just left for a round of golf and will be back later for wings-beer-burgers-beer-hotdogs-beer….you see where this is going right?? By 4pm I will have a deck full of crazy Firemen!!! I can’t wait!! Have a great day everyone!!!

Good morning everyone. TGIF & happy 1st day of Spring. It’s bright & sunny. Have a great day.

Everyone that was on chatzy last night I just want you to know I had fun & I didn’t mean to leave w/o saying good night. My cell went completely dead just as I was beginning to type something. Ain’t technology nice? 🙂

6. plainviewsue says:

Teresa tweeted a warning about this Sunday’s episode.

Teresa Giudice ‏@Teresa_Giudice 17h
    And as a mom, I wanted to let you all know that Sun’s new ep of RHONJ is pretty intense & graphic. I wouldn’t let my kids watch. #adultTV

Watched the First Look last night. There goes Joe & Mego talking trash about Teresa again in front of their children. Isn’t that a no no?

Seeing the Manzo children’s 100th business venture. I guess BLK was a flop. No wonder Chris Laurita has money problems.

I saw a clip of Sunday’s episode & all I can say is Joe Gorga is such a piece of sh*t to say what he says to Teresa. His sister. His blood.

Now that their BFF producer was fired, finally, the audience can start to see the real Melissa and the real Joe Gorga. How Caroline can still support her new boyfriend Tarzan after seeing how he truly doesn’t want peace in this family is mind boggling.

As for Rosie, shame shame on Bravo for exploiting this obviously deranged angry woman for their show. And shame on Kathy for allowing her sister to be shown in this light.

I wouldn’t let my kids (if I had young ones) watch any episode of any RH show. Rosie is a hot mess. Not my idea of a good dating prospect.

• Amalfi says:

1) Joe Gorga is a bad actor and not a nice person. Wish he would find what he is looking for because he is a man with unfulfilled needs and deep anger issues. No news there.

2) Oh Teresa … not one episode of that show is appropriate for kids to watch. Ever. But the fact that she thinks so too about THIS episode means someone else is being inappropriate. Intriguing.

• melthehound says:

I saw the first look too. That Manzorita scene was just… well it was just there. Big Al didn’t look too impressed with his boys’ efforts. Maybe since they’ve actually worked in that business, they may make a go of it. Clearly they weren’t very interested in the Miracle Murk. We get to sit through another drunken Rosie episode as she had another fit. That woman is going to blow a gasket. She is not funny nor is she entertaining. Another scene with the Gorgas in their kitchen talking about how badly MeGo is treated by everyone around her. I would like everyone to note, that Antonia is standing there absorbing everything they say. Then we get to the previews. Kill me now… MeGo thinks she can write a book. A ‘Marriage Bible’… An advice book… Really? If she writes about what she really knows, gold digging, then maybe it will be a success. Who knows?

• Cruickal says:

They need to get Rosie off the show… My car has been in the shop for two days, blowing a gasket isn’t cheap….. Monetarily…. I doubt it’s good reputationally either 😉

I agree…

Sorry about your car. The time mine blew a gasket, I had to replace the engine..

• Amalfi says:

Rosie is messed up. She was sweet (like most of them) at the beginning, but even she is not above the side effects of fame. Too needy, too loud, too vile – more judgmental of a woman’s looks than some men, considering what she has to offer.

Good luck, Rosie.

I don’t mind Melissa and Joe Gorga at all. For the most part, they get their lines down, and bring the drama, and isn’t that why everyone watches? umm hmm Good TV.

7. lulu says:

Good morning!! Happy this week is over!!! Optimistic what next week will bring. Both boys are doing great. My furry baby is coming out of his neurotic scared of baby shell. If only he stopped trying to french my baby! Ick

Love the tammie sue eddie rosemary’s baby!! 😉 too funny

Anyone watching couples therapy? Why is mr I’m a pervert that likes to take photos of barely aged girls for profit. He is disgusting and no surprise he would be having relationship issues. Can’t even think of flavor flav he is gross!

• melthehound says:

I saw couple’s therapy… The girls gone wild guy is just too full of himself… His wife is beaten down. He allows her to speak uninterrupted if it aligns with his way of thinking. Otherwise, HE doesn’t like the way her thoughts make HIM look. Dude, you could not possibly look like more of a douche than you already do. As for his business, no one is making the girls strip and show themselves for the camera.

And he wouldn’t have made any money off of it if nobody was watching it.

• Lulu says:

Very true MTH! I know he has been sued many many many times. How much consent can these girls give if their under the influence though? He definitely gives a new meaning to the word misogynistic pig. He treats his wife horribly. I’d never in a million years put up with that for one minute.

• melthehound says:

I am not justifying anything he does. Just saying it takes two to make those videos and as BB points out, a third to buy them. You are probably correct about them being under the influence when giving ‘consent’.. I am sure that more than one young woman has awaken to a headache and on the nightstand, a signed GGW contract wondering what she has just done. There are those though who do embrace the idea of being in the videos.

I’m watching the reruns of RHOC the Peggy season. I totally forgot about how Slade was this great artist – what a failed storyline that was. As for Peggy, who pays for surgery to look that bad. There is absolutely nothing pretty about her – fake, fake, fake.

• Catseye says:

I’m watching off and on, too. (Background noise, actually). And I noticed some artist guy talking to Gretchen, he is the SAME guy that was on RHOBH, Millionaire MatchMaker & Dog Whisperer and I imagine some more shows, that I haven’t seen.
      I don’t think Peggy aged very well. She DID work as a model when she was younger and seemed attractive.

9. RealHousewifeVA says:

Is Mego going to throw her dead father under the bus for a storyline now? Talking about him cheating on her mother? Do these people have no shame?

No, RHVA, they do not.

• Cruickal says:

It’s sick, I think she is setting it up so that when her alleged cheating storyline comes up, she can claim victim again and say something along the lines of she didn’t know any better…. Well if she even admits to the cheating, just getting her ducks in a row in case she needs to claim one thing at the reunion different from what she may perpetuate all season…. Not that she’d ever do that :/

• melthehound says:

I am on record here and elsewhere, that I don’t believe a word that comes out of that woman’s mouth. Never have.

There is no level as to how low these women will stoop – yeah, I’m talking to you Teresa and Melissa and the rest of you should listen up as well. If, and that’s a big if, Melissa’s dad did what she says he did, it’s not her story to tell, especially on national TV. Absolutely no consideration for her family and her children most of all. I think Bravo pays them by storyline – the dirtier and the more people who get hurt in the process, the more money they make. I can’t understand why else they would do such things to each other.

• melthehound says:

I think you’re right HH. I don’t know who’s story it is to tell though.. I’m looking at it with a side eye glance until I know more. There’s no doubt in my mind that she’s playing a sympathy role and I wouldn’t be shocked to see the classic dry cry from her on the show..

• Catseye says:

HuskerHuny, have you thought maybe of using Coconut Oil for your ear infection? I use it on one of my Toy Poodles because she gets ear infections a lot (and I don’t want her to have any antibiotics, except when absolutely necessary). It seems to work pretty fast. I just put a dab on my finger and work it into her ear.

Interesting . . . if I don’t get any relief by this time tomorrow, I might just give it a try. Thanks Catseye!

10. princesspindy says:

Thanks Jeff for the Tabitha recap. I don’t watch her show anymore, I am getting sick of people behaving badly, not doing their jobs correctly or with any amount of effort (what happened to the concept of excellence?) and getting rewarded for it!!!! It is sickening….But I have enjoyed your recaps, so thank you and thank you for stepping up to the plate and keeping things running!!

• melthehound says:

You’re welcome Princess.. NMD should be back soon. Today’s recap has been brought to you by BB 🙂

• shamrockblonde says:

I only watch the ones that she does with salons – the other cafe’s, restaurants and bars, not so much –

11. lillybee says:

I just saw a clip of Andy Cohen’s show. Martha Stewart was the guest and I was surprised how funny she is.

Sorry I missed the guests last night were good. This clip is funny!

This Tweet is to demonstrate how an obsessed fan behaves. The person tweeting this to Kyle has an account name just like Kyle’s with the addition on one digit and is tweeting a pic to Kyle of what I can only assume this the obsessed one’s front license plate..for real?! lol

Just posted some tweets, haven’t read here today YET! Ha ha. Hope everyone is having a good day – and if not, I hope things will improve pronto! Later! 😀

17. cocfarm says:

Hey everyone. Just want to say “hey”. Not watching bravo, the garden is going, mom, dogs, chickens, bees, guests, work….have been occupying my time, but I’ve been thinking of you all. Big garage sale this weekend but wicked downpours drove me into the house and an opportunity to check in.

18. princesspindy says:

BB, Great Recap!! 🙂

• iceNfire says:

Jason needs to move out of Bethenny’s home. I get that he wants to see his daughter but it seems to me that his staying is for monetary reasons and the tension in the Apt. isn’t good for any of them

• majnon says:

I concur ice. I wish he would just go away.

So does Bethenny! She would love it if he would just disappear off the face of the earth so she could have total control over Bryn’s life and make all the decisions and so on. That’s not going to happen.

• iceNfire says:

😛 😛 😛

I actually hope that Jason gets full and if not at least joint physical custody. Otherwise I fear that Bethenny’s damaged childhood will be visited upon Bryn.

After the first season of Bethenny ever after and watch her expect everyone to kowtow to her necrotic behavior and making it difficult for Jason and their daughter to enjoy the company of his parents turned me off her for life.

I hope she takes her millions, then sits down and shuts up.

Yup BB
            She just wants to another Bryn and start the cycle of fatherly-abandonment all over.
            Vomit

• turtletime! says:

I agree, Ice. Jason likes to spend a lot of time with his parents and they are reportedly also staying there at the apartment when they visit. It was Bethenny’s income that allowed the purchase, and from the show it appeared that the decor was largely her vision. Jason wouldn’t be able to pay the mortgage on his own, so does he want the apartment, and also want Bethenny to pay the mortgage?

• iceNfire says:

Hi turtletime! – I didn’t even think of that. His parents visiting! Oh no…

Hi Turtletime (love the name btw)

I understand where you are coming from but at the same time, the bulk of Bethenny’s money was earned during their marriage, he also make sacrifices to his career to accommodate her.I think he is deserving of a little taste of the pie.

By comparison, when it came out the judge order that Kordell had to pay Portia support (at least until the divorce was settled) with money that was eared largely well before they got together….many of us were happy ( probably because he is a jerk).

I feel that in these modern times, that it’s not just men who should have to pay spousal support.

• turtletime! says:

ITA, rabblerouser, Jason very much deserves a taste of the pie. He was there as things were taking off, and he grounded and supported her. And in thinking about it, we should try to switch genders in our mind, and think what we would want for a woman in his situation. There was apparently a prenup. Which maybe didn’t address their living situation, since it was done before they bought the apartment. Heavy sigh…

Re turtletime…I love me some Ramona. And I love that it’s always turtletime somewhere in the world! 🙂

Love your name ! And I too, love me some Ramona. Here are some turtles and wine
              🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

:mrgreen:

• turtletime! says:

Can’t wait to look at the turtles & wine on my I-phone! On my computer, a green smiley face showed up! 🙂

An abridged copy of the court transcript (with abbreviations):

Judge: So, B, what seems to be the problem?
      B: J is a stupid dummy head!
      Judge: J, what do you feel the problem is?
      J. B is a stupid dummy head!
      B: I am not, you are!
      J: No I’m not, you are!
      B: Am not!
      J: Are too!
      B: I am not!
      J: Yes, you are!
      And so on.

19. ramonacoaster says:

Bethenny and Jason were called into court yesterday by a judge for an emergency custody hearing. Bethenny came out smiling and filmed a segment for her show in the afternoon. An insider says that Bethenny has been taking Bryn to a friend’s apartment or a hotel room to spend time with her outside the apartment because Jason has been making the atmosphere uncomfortable at home. I remembered Season 3 when Bethenny and Jason got pregnant & engaged – at the time Jill was trying to get the other castmembers to not film with her, which would probably lead to very few scenes w Bethenny in it and I always wondered if that added any weight to Bethenny’s decision to get married. This thought popped up in my head ever since B said getting married was a mistake. All this led to the pop up “surprise” in Scary Island which was reality tv gold. Hopefully B&J can come to an agreement soon because they will be dealing with each other for the rest of their lives. I don’t think either of them are thinking long term.

20. lillybee says:

The only victim in that marriage is poor Bryn.

Isn’t that the truth!

• boston02127 says:

Everything Bethenny has complained about in her life, she’s giving right back to Bryn.

• melthehound says:

That’s what happens boston. Scary, eh?

• boston02127 says:

After watching B for a few years, I think in my fake psychologist mind that she will never be happy in life. She needs constant attention.

Chances are that you will parent how you were parented as that’s your reality so I’m
            not surprised at all that Bethenny has become her mother as far as mothering goes.
            It is hard to break the cycle. I’m sort of surprised that Bethenny’s TV shrink took her on
            as he’s a very well respected doctor and author. I wonder if he is now regretting it?

I agree with you re: Bethenny ever being happy. How sad for all involved.

• boston02127 says:

Nancy~~~~In this commercial there is a little girl that I love. (Polka dot shirt). I laugh every time I see it and my b/f tells me “that’s cuz that is how our kids will be if they take after you” LOL

Ohhhhh how sweet. You better start calling him your fiance not your boyfriend.

Most times when I ask George to do something his reply is always…”Im in the middle of something.” I told him that I was shocked that he didn’t say that to our minister when
                he asked George to give me his vows. He replied…”I was considering it!” LOL

Yep

• pat says:

Neither is putting Bryn first by staying in the apt together.

BB…This explains how Call the Midwife came to be. It’s interesting.

• boston02127 says:

Is there a baby being born on the above ^^^ post? I just saw one being born on 99 Kids and Counting. In a bathtub no less. They acted like it was nothing. Like, bloop, here it is, ok…..swaddle em up and let’s go make supper now.

No. It was the producer, the screen writer and an actress from the BBC TV show
        called Call the Midwife. boston you should check it out as it’s the best one I’ve ever seen. The doctor on the show is the scene writer’s husband in “real” life. I wonder if
        that is why he was given the part? lol

• lillybee says:

Yep that is what happened. Anna went home mere hours after that birth and then had to host the eleventy five siblings and parents of her husband.

22. Orson says:

Update on the Paula Deen controversy. She will NOT be fired by the Food Network. There were only 3 shows left on her contract which runs out at the end of the month, so her show simply won’t be picked up for any more seasons.

23. Mene Seela says:

I always liked Jason but this living under one roof is crazy. Along with his demanding sole custody the whole thing reeks of trying the wrestle more $$ from Bethenny.
    New York is known for their archaic and complicated divorce laws. They just recently started no-fault divorce!
    Many states have laws where the $ basically travels with the custody & vistation rights. If one spouse has a lot more money the other gets a larger child support payment just to even things out for the child (the standard of living). For example my friend has a decent job and her ex doesn’t. The primary custody is with her .. however she has to pay HIM a bundle for his vistation time with their child.
    So maybe that’s why Jason didn’t want to move to LA? Divorce laws are different in California.

Anways – be thoughtful about who you marry, make babies with and where you do all that! I’m happy that my marriage has lasted 27 years.

• iceNfire says:

Hi Mene Seela – Congrats on successful marriage…same with me, I knew I would marry a man that thought the same way about family as I do. I’m Latina, my husband is Asian and in both cultures Mom raises the kids and divorce is rare. We did have problems along the way but worked together to work it out 🙂

OT – KidRock just bought a brand new car and is giving his old car to LittleKid! We are all so excited and I’m so proud. KidRock is the first to be a successful college graduate!

MiddleKid graduated last month and is going to work in his field for a couple years and maybe go back to school later for a higher degree….Yippie Me and Mine!

Congratulations Ice, for doing a wonderful job with your children. 🙂 that is the hardest job in the world, raising human beings who as adults have intelligence, compassion, act responsibly and have a sense of right and wrong. I know every parent does the best they can, but isn’t it great when they grow up to be people you are proud of 🙂

• iceNfire says:

Hi ladebra – I keep coming back to: “raising human beings who as adults have intelligence, compassion, act responsibly and have a sense of right and wrong. I know every parent does the best they can, but isn’t it great when they grow up to be people you are proud of”

• Mene Seela says:

Ice I am so happy for you! I know raising kids is not easy, especially raising good adults. You sound like a great mom.

• Laineylainey says:

Lovely, lovely…great kids!

Congrats to you Ice on your kids. Or rather, felicitaciones!

Jason is no longer asking for sole custody. I had read he would be OK with joint custody. As far as I know Bethenny still wants sole custody. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong. So who is being the unreasonable one here? Maybe his attorney has advised him not to leave the apartment until it’s settled. It can’t be that pleasant for him being there either.

• Mene Seela says:

I understand what you are saying. Honestly I haven’t followed “the divorce” too closely. I mostly dislike that they are living under the same roof. I read his family comes to stay there too…? That is very foreign to me. I can understand each party demanding full custody of Bryn but not staying in the same home. That part sounds more about gaining custody of an expensive piece of real estate.
        I have much less regard for both of those people.

I have never experienced divorce myself (40 years married next month), but I’ve heard a few of my friends say they were advised by their attorneys not to leave the house first. I had an acquaintance whose husband said he wanted out of the marriage and told her to get out and she did. I couldn’t believe she did that as it was not an abusive situation that I know of. If my husband said he wanted out of our marriage he would be the one who would be packing his bags and leaving, not me. She had no job at the time and ended having to stay with her grown kids. Not me. No way would I leave my house unless a court ordered me to do it.

• pat says:

I guess none of us really know the truth.

That’s what I read too BB

I agree with people online saying they hope it goes to trial and all B’s issues come “out”
        She is clearly starving and/or bulimic. (Something she can milk for attention on her show and a feature in People mag, since she won’t be able to use marriage as a topic)

She is nitpicking Bryn eating junk food ALREADY

It’s all……starting. Poor Bryn and the body issues to come

I remember seeing Bethenny eat cake icing for breakfast and donuts for lunch so she
          has a lot of nerve to complain to Jason. I agree she is way too skinny right now.

• JumpTheShark says:

Jason’s folks will see plenty of Bryn in about 12 years, when B drops her off on their doorstep. Bryn will complain about being raised by a divorced, self-absorbed, neurotic with food issues…

I remember reading an article about a year or so ago where Bethenny said Bryn didn’t like meat and “chose” to be a vegetarian. Nobody that young chooses to be a vegetarian. Bethenny has always seemed to be obsessed about food issues so I hope she doesn’t pass that on to her daughter.

Mmmmmmmm hmmmmmm
            I think at that young an age to deprive of the animal protein is bad. Later BRYN can decide if she wants to do that.

You can replace protein in other ways.

The weird thing is I don’t even think Bethenny is a vegetarian. I think I’ve seen her eat meat.

Yes of course Nancy– totally– I just IMHO dont feel a toddler should have anything blocked from her diet unless she’s deathly allergic for some reason

Of course replace the proteins later on. Jmho

• Laineylainey says:

Congrats on 27 years!!

• Noelle says:

Greetings LL,
        Guess what?… GIVE UP!

I was in a very “snooty Boutique” today…. high end…!! And low and BEHOLD….WAIT FOR IT…..? hmmm….
        Lainey’s smoking “HOT” baby girl is on the wall!!! (Took pics…ya never know! 😉 )
        Shed a tear or 2 for you, Cause I know what a proud Momma you are!

My children and shopping buddy just *rolled eyes* @me. Pfft on them!
        What a Beauty!

What great news!!!!! 🙂 She is beautiful!

• Noelle says:

She is beyond beautiful!!! 😀

• Noelle says:

Hi Nancy,
            How is your sister doing?
            Progressing well is my hope…

Hi Noelle,
              She’s already back at work!!! Thank-you for asking.
              Where have you been? 🙂

• Noelle says:

Yay!
                Here and there..LOL!
                Busted my elbow @work..will be off for some time. 😦
                So Happy your sis is doing so well. Great news!
                Did you recieve my emails?…

How did you fx your elbow? You poor thing. No I haven’t recieved your e-mails.
                  When did you send them?

• Noelle says:

I only went back to work because I should of been moved by now.
                    I really don’t want to go into specifics right now, I will try to resend emails.
                    So happy your sis is on the mend…and beyond.
                    She’s a tough cookie!
                    {{{HUGS}}}
                    Luv ya

• Laineylainey says:

Really?? I wish I could see the pics! You can email to me at laineylaineylainey@hotmail.com. Or are you talking about the fx ads? I just not know of any pics that could be used in a boutique. So curious… Maybe it’s a doppelgänger! LOL

• Noelle says:

FX ads with your princess as the *Bombshell.* Seller.
            NO dooplganger here!
            I’m the blue-eyed, Raven hair, olive skinned chick with the ripped jeans and *Blinged out cast* thanks to the blue-eyed blond girl whom I adore more than life itself.
            Your email isn’t working.
            i will try again later.
            *tounge in cheek…for the most part* 😉

• Laineylainey says:

It isn’t always easy to type my email correctly. Or better to say, it’s easy to mistype it. Even I have to double check it. You re funny, you went off on a lil tangent there, didn’t you? LOL

• Mene Seela says:

Thank you Lainey. It’s a life sentence. LOL. Congrats on your daughter’s success!

24. Mene Seela says:

Time for Nancy Grace to scream at me about the missing baby Elaina.

I’m watching the new TWA flight 800 investigation on CNN. Those poor parents.

• Mene Seela says:

OK I have to LAUGH. The topic is not funny but her presentation is soooo melodramatic & awful.
      OMG Nancy Grace – she has full on make up overload with RHOBH eyeliner and a pound of eye shadow. She is wearing a black leather jacket with her handcuff necklace. Sort of a blonde Morticia.
      NG in her TH says “… when I first heard the circumstance this child was living in, during her short 18 months …” then Nancy closes her eyes, her red lipstick is in a deep frown and veeeerrrrryy slowly she nods her head with *grief* for … like a full minute.

Campy.

Night, night ladies.

26. chismosa says:

Nancy Nightline is about killer whales. I don’t feel sorry for any of those monsters keeping them in captivity.
    So sad

About the documentary Blackfish

Not to be snarky, but I’m watching GMA and they are talking about North West. … They aren’t married. How does that baby get Kanye West’s last name?

Hi Ladebra. You can give your baby the father’s last name, married or not.I just hope teachers call her the nick name they have, Nori. Can you imagine roll call and the teacher calls “North West”. Some parents don’t think about that.

I didn’t know that! (About the baby daddy name ) . I know right? Maybe she will get lucky and be in a class with Apple and Blue Ivy and then North will fit right in. 🙂

Blue Ivy isn’t bad. I’ve heard of women named Blue & of course there are many many Ivy’s.

Kim can’t even take care of a pet.

rofl. It will be Chris Jenner in charge of the dozen nannies.

I just hope in 72 days we don’t see her in a conversation with her mother saying “I made a mistake. It isn’t how I thought it would be. You can have it.”

Or “Khloe, since you are having serious fertility issues, I’m making the ultimate sacrifice and giving Nori to you. You’ll get what you want and I’ll come across as a saint. Mom came up with this idea and it will all be filmed for E!”

I think she will be fine. It’s not going to be what she imagined but she will adjust.

Beyond ridiculous name and especially a girl who will no doubt be treated like a princess by multiple Nannys. I could not even figure a nick name and I see Powell said Nori. That would work but it’s still ridiculous and you know this was Kanye’s idea. My bet is the kid will end up adapting another name entirely different, as there is no middle name to fall back on. So lame.

HH I hope your ear is better today. And Lulu, have you learned any more of where they might send you? That would add another level of stress to moving – not knowing where. Or maybe that’s just control-freak me that would stress lol.

• Lulu says:

Good Morning Ladebra!!! No word yet unfortunately it’ll will be nail biting till DH’s company has a clue. I’m a planner I like to know everything and now. For me it sucks I can’t even plan the boys clothing for the next few months. For my sanity I hope they decide soon.

Good morning everyone. I will be leaving the Outer Banks and going back to my other home in VA today. 😦 Starting Monday, I’ll be coming out of retirement mode. DD is going back to work after maternity leave and I’ll be watching Jack. 😀 So I’m sad and happy at the same time. I tried to talk my DD into letting me watch Jack here at the beach and mom and dad could come see him on the weekends. I can’t understand why she wouldn’t go for that. Lol!

Good Morning! Thanks for the update BB, yeah, I can’t imagime why they wouldn’t have embraced that idea?! 😉 I was the same age as Jack when my mother went back to work and I was just as fortunate as Jack because I was in the loving care of my mother’s mother each day until preschool. So lovely you can offer this special care to your grandson 😀

If you have to leave OBX (is that what they call it?) Jack is a good reason! Hope you enjoy the time with him 💕

BB when they are on #3 they will be begging you to take them all to the beach no matter what age they are. 🙂

• Amalfi says:

That is a great gift you are giving your grandson – time growing up with you. Hope everything is wonderful with the experience.

Good morning everyone! I am a Great Aunt for the first time as of yesterday. Nephew and wife had their first child. A boy. All are doing well.
    @BB I think it is so great that you get to watch Jack.
    @Nancy: Hope your sister is doing better.
    @Ice: Kid Rock is a gem
    @Lainey: DD is on her way to the top.

Good afternoon everyone. I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday.

Are you all watching OC marathon? It’s last season right before Costa Rica. Alexis should have went on a biz trip w/Jim.

They are at the airport for their trip to CR. The limos dropping them off tag starts with CRYST. I didn’t notice that before. The things you pick up while watching for the 5th time. 🙂

34. windycitywondering2 says:

Rachel Zoe is expecting her second child. Let’s hope it is a girl so Skyler can finally start dressing like a boy.

Hey MTH, did you see the winner of the ugliest dog contest? It was a beagle-basset hound-boxer mix. Little guy was cute! And a good time was had by all.

• melthehound says:

I didn’t even see it, ladebra.. Some dogs are like that… So ugly they’re cut 😀

I knew someone had it on twitter. Meet Walle !

• melthehound says:

I have seen dogs that look more unfortunate 😀 Think Poodle and Irish Setter.. Yes, it did happen. Then with the same Irish Setter, St. Bernard 😆 My question is did the boxer have to kneel or was the basset ambitious 😉

• lillybee says:

There was a man walking a very ugly dog here. It was a wiener dog/ pitbull mix. Massive body on skinny short legs with wiener dog coloring and pitbull head.

• melthehound says:

I’ll ask the same question as above. Kneel or ambitious.. 😆

• Mene Seela says:

Oh my so funny! LOL. The ugliest dog I’ve seen was a corgie dachsund mix. The head was all corgie and gigantic. The body was dachsund with corgie (brown & white) coloring. Horrific. Poor fella.

Is something wrong w/his left ear? He’s cute.

He’s all bumps and bulges, but I think his ear is just folded back. He’s a happy pup, but his owner does say he falls over a lot.

Bowgate. 🙂

37. lillybee says:

Have you ever seen a black lab/ basset mix? They have a basset body shape and everything else is lab.

8pm est The JodiArias movie on Lifetime.

• Laineylainey says:

Thanks! I just set my dvr in case my husband gets tired of waiting for me to cook and suggests that we go out! ‘Cause I ‘ain’t cookin’

I laughed out loud when I opened the pic! No doubt, a typical teenager!

Congratulations AZGirl! That’s exciting.

Stanley Cup game 5 starts in an hour. May the best team win. 🙂

If anyone is looking for a husband I’m putting mine up for adoption at midnight!

• Mene Seela says:

Did he leave the toilet seat up again? Why wait until midnight – chuck him out now so you won’t have to get out of bed to do it. (j/k)

Uh oh, someone’s in trouble!

• AZGirl says:

Pepper has room in her crate…he,he.he

He’s all yours AZGirl! He’s even house broken. lol

We are fighting about Nik Wallenda walking across the Grand Canyon on Sunday.
        IMHO he’s a father of 3 young children so I don’t think he has that right. So George
        came back with…”Well when you figure skated everytime you fell you ran the risk of
        getting frost bite of your butt,” He knows when I’m serious to not play those games so he cam back again and said…”Everytime you play your cello you risk getting burned if a fire broke out as your cello is made of wood.” As I said… he’s all yours!

44. iceNfire says:

I just noticed there is a new episode of 666 Park Avenue on tonight…was wondering what happened to this show. It is listed as new and not repeat….

As the Olympic Hockey Players said in 1980…”It’s now a hockey game.”
    Meaning if you are only 1 goal apart anything is possible.

Blackhawks win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB – thanks so much for your comprehensive recaps of the Tabitha Takes Over season!
    MTH – thanks for your extra contribution this week!

Good Sunday Mornin’ to ya! Super bright moon at 11pm last night but couldn’t see the supersized moon at 6:30am – clouds! Instead we get super humid. 😦

Outdoor work until the heat kills me and then remodel work indoors. What are you doing today?! 🙂

Its was cloudy here too last night. I hope it clears up enough to see the super moon tonight. And it’s super humid this morning here too.

• california35 says:

Good morning!
      I saw the moon last night in a while and it was BIG it was nice evening and the moon added a smile 🙂
      Weather was hot yesterday so i expect the same today. Its shorts season over here 🙂