Real Housewives of Orange County Cast Blogs Blogged

The Real Housewives of Orange County 100th Episode Blogs Blogged by BB

Vicki woo hooVICKI GUNVALSON:  Vicki started filming the Real Housewives of Orange County when she was 42.  She’s 51 now.  She might toot her own horn a bit, but let’s give Vicki her due.  She is the original housewife.  She is the only original cast member of the first of Bravo’s housewife franchises.  Here’s her take on the 100th episode special:

Kimberly Bryant (Original housewife):  Vicki hasn’t spoken to her in a long time.  She knows she moved to the Chicago area but that’s about it.

Jo De La Rosa (Original housewife):  Vickie says it was nice seeing Jo on the episode and it looks like she has moved on and things are good with her.  Vicki’s sure it had to have been a little difficult for Jo to see how the show has grown so much and to also see her and Slade together back then.

Tammy Knickerbocker (Former housewife):  Vicki really misses Tammy and Duff.  (Correct me if I’m wrong, but Duff was Tammy’s long-term boyfriend and the father of her youngest child, but they are no longer a couple.)  Vicky describes Tammy as always happy, never letting things get to her and really having a great outlook on the show.  Duff worked for Vicki for a few years and was very instrumental in some of the basics of her business that she still uses today, including the name of her company, the website back end system and other things.  Vicki says Duff was a good guy and she hopes they are both doing well.

Jeana Keough (Original housewife):  Vicki liked seeing the two of them together on the episode, and feels bad about some of the things she said on camera about the house Jeana sold to her and Donn.  In hindsight, Vicki says she shouldn’t have said what she said – blaming Jeana for the housing market drop and losing over $1 million.  She says, “At the time I felt she should have not encouraged me to buy a second home when our primary home didn’t sell, and I trusted her that we were getting a ‘good deal.’  It’s hard to comprehend that type of loss without having some of the responsibility fall on the realtor. I’m glad that’s behind us now, and we are able to move forward.”  She goes on to say she loves Jeana and her family and wishes them a lifetime of happiness and peace.  Vicki still lives a few doors down from Jeana and, from time to time, they see one another in local establishments.  Vicki wishes they never had a falling out, and thinks she’ll extend the olive branch and reach out to her soon, as she does miss her and thinks they have a lot in common.

Laurie Peterson (Original housewife):  Vicki says when she saw footage of them working together and being kind to one another, “… it made me really sad on where it has gone this year with her. I attended her wedding to George and then had seen her several times after that and we never had any bad words towards each other or ill feelings on my part. I really never knew she was still harboring ill/bad feelings towards me from over seven years ago when the situation happened with George’s mother-in-law calling my office. I thought it was done and finished.”

Vicki further says: “When I read in her blog that she felt I was being hypocritical of Gretchen when Tamra and I accused her of cheating on Jeff was shocking. What I want you to know is the difference here is Tamra DID speak to Gretchen’s “lover” on the phone, she saw them in public together as a couple while engaged to Jeff while never once had Lauri seen, heard, or even met anyone that she has accused me of being with. There is a big difference there.”

Vicky says anyone can say anything, but if you don’t see it with your own eyes, there is no merit or truth, and that is why she never shared with Lauri the information she received about George, because that would have given it life and she didn’t want to hurt her.

This is Vicki’s stance on the whole thing:  She does not condone infidelity.  She does condone and support monogomacy (yes that is her word in her blog) in a relationship unless there is mutual understanding otherwise.  (So is Vicki saying she and Donn may have had a “mutual understanding otherwise”?)

Tamra Barney (Current housewife):  Vicki had never seen Tamra’s initial casting call and thought it was fun to watch.  Vicki and her family never auditioned.

Donn Gunvalson (Ex-husband):  Vicki says she was sad and it made her cry to see her and Donn together and her saying she wasn’t going to let a reality show destroy their marriage.  She says, “The bottom line is we let doing this show influence our relationship; we let it put stress on our relationship without consciously being aware that it was actually happening.”

Vicki says she and Donn loved each other and wanted what was best for one another even if they didn’t have a perfect relationship.  They still want the best for one another and for the other to be happy even though they aren’t together.  Vicki says Donn is living in the desert and doing great.  He talks to Briana a lot and sees baby Troy often.

Vicki doesn’t comment on Quinn, Lynne, Peggy, Heather, Lydia, Gretchen, or Alexis in this blog.

On her personal life:  Vicki says her life is pretty normal and that the reality shows take only a small piece of one’s “reality” and doesn’t show one’s “normal” off-camera life as that would be pretty boring.  She says, “I spend a lot of time with Troy and Briana, in my office, and in my personal dating life.”  Vicky says she cleans her own house, plants her own flowers, cooks, grocery shops, and attempts to stay as fit as she can in her private time.  She describes herself as a “…hard working Midwestern girl, with Midwestern values that is trying to find her way in life. . just the way most of you are. I make mistakes, get angry, laugh a lot, and also am very sensitive and emotional. Most of these things you already knew about me from watching. I’ll make mistakes. I’ll own my mistakes because I’m human and I’ll always attempt to never repeat them again.”

Brooks Ayers (Current or Ex-boyfriend, who knows?):  Although she appreciates our opinions on Brooks, Vicki wants us to keep in mind she is a smart woman and she knows him better than we do.  She doesn’t read the comments posted on the blog because of the level of anger and meanness there.  She tries to respond to people on twitter, but doesn’t often have the time to get on there and do it.

In closing, Vicki says, “I have learned a lot about relationships in my lifetime and what I do know is my checkbook is guarded, my heart is guarded, my mind is guarded and it’s going to be a very long time before I am walking down that aisle again (if ever).  Thank you for trusting my judgment, supporting me and loving me and I hope you enjoy the rest of Season 8.”

Lydia and husbandLYDIA MCLAUGHLIN:  Since this is Lydia’s first season, she really doesn’t have much to say in her blog.  She says she moved to Orange County when she graduated from college and that’s when the first season of the show was beginning to air.  She didn’t watch the show back then, but remembers hearing about it and what a cultural phenomenal (ok, I think she meant to say phenomenon) it was.  Seven seasons later and here she is, an Orange County Housewife.

She loved walking down memory lane and witnessing everyone’s highs and lows.

About her first season so far, Lydia says, “As I reflect on my rookie year, there is no disputing that the show has changed my life for good and for bad. I’ve made great friends and have lasting memories with them. However, I didn’t realize how hard it would be to put myself and the people I love out there for the whole world to judge and to comment on.”  Lydia quotes her mom as saying “You can’t take a good time away after you’ve already had it.”

Then she thanks us for being such amazing and supportive fans.  There’s that word again – fans.  When will these ladies learn that most of us aren’t fans, but just observers of crazy?

GRETCHEN ROSSI:  The first two pages of Gretchen’s blog are taken up by her thanking the “fans,” the creators of the show, the production company, and the original cast or what she calls, the “pioneers” of the show.

Gretchen fashionNext, Gretchen says, “Not going to lie, it was hard for me to watch old clips and see the very, as Andy put it “sinister” ways of the other Housewives towards me. It brought back a lot of hurt and pain from one of the worst times in my life. Yet, on the other hand, it was so fun to see some of the most hilarious moments from the show over the years and how it has affected each one of us differently.”

Gretchen says the answer to whether she would do it again is a catch 22 for her.  She says a part of her believes that if she knew back then what she knows now, she probably wouldn’t have signed up for it.  On the other hand, she says she’s been beyond blessed to have had some of the most amazing opportunities come out of it that she could “of” (the word is “have” people not “of”) never (ever?) imagined.

(THIS QUOTE MAKES ME WANT TO HURL – CUE VIOLIN MUSIC).  Gretchen says, “You guys have seen me fall down hard, and go through the darkest time in my life on TV. You were also there to see me pick myself back up and become what I consider a survivor. You guys have seen me laugh (a lot) and cry. My fans have been a huge reason I continue on this journey. The consistent outpouring of notes to my personal site and through my social media sites means so very much to me. Knowing that I have touched even just one life through my own heartaches or life experiences truly makes it all worth it! So thank you to any fan who has ever sent me an email, a special gift, a note in the mail, or sent me a kind and encouraging message on my social media pages. I’m also thankful to any negative responses because as the saying goes “haters are my motivators”!

(That was so hard for me to read; but wait, she’s not finished.)

(THIS PART MAKES ME WANT TO THROW MYSELF OFF A CLIFF!) Gretchen says (probably with a straight face), “I have been able to go after my dreams within the fashion and beauty spaces and create some amazing partnerships for things like my swimwear line. It all takes a lot of work, a lot of vision, and dedication but I’m so lucky to have a family who taught me how to have a strong work ethic, how to be resilient, and how living with integrity is the key to success.”

Gretchen says she’s so grateful for the last five years because she’s been able to learn so much about herself, how others view her, things she needs to change and things she will always stand strong on and stay true to herself about. (GAG!)  She says she has so many moments and memories of her life caught on tape and not many can say that.  (Thank goodness I cannot say that!)

That’s it.  As I’m typing this, only three cast members have posted blogs on the 100th episode.  If the other three decide to do it, I might comment on them – or I might not.  It depends on how I feel at the time.

______________________________________

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of Orange County, RHOC Cast Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

158 Responses to Real Housewives of Orange County Cast Blogs Blogged

Good morning everyone. TGIF!! Yes. It’s going to be a great weekend leading up to the 4th.
    AZGirl you are expecting around 119 today. Whew! The meteorologists are expecting record breaking heat in the west. Take Care.

Have a great day. 🙂

Everybody’s working for the weekend – a song from Loverboy who just happens to be performing in Omaha tonight with Pat Benatar at the annual concert in the park that falls the weekend before July 4th. It’s free and pulls in around 40,000 people. Too crowded for me!

Wowza – that’s some heat there in Arizona. I have two friends there who both say that 120 degrees is not out of the realm for them today. Stay inside and chill! After todays, it’s 80s each day for as far as my eye can see. Lovin’ it!

Let’s all have a fabulous Friday and rockin’ weekend. Still waiting for my ear to unplug; day two of the new drugs. Maybe this weekend . . .

Love Pat Benatar. I saw her a couple of yrs ago on some show & she still looks fantastic.

Positive thoughts Husker. Your ear will open up tomorrow. 🙂

• princesspindy says:

I saw Pat Benatar open for Eddie Money at the Universal Studios Amphitheater back in the late 70s and hadn’t even heard of her. SHE ROCKED IT!!!!

• princesspindy says:

I have used this video a few times and it helps, you can feel it draining….. I hope it helps…she has other videos….

@http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-wi0d7-Ro

• princesspindy says:

I put the @ sign so the video wouldn’t pop up on the blog, just copy the link after the @

• Donna says:

Good Morning

• AZGirl says:

Heading down to Tucson for the weekend. Slightly cooler but not much. Hot June so far.

• Laineylainey says:

G’morning! Oops good afternoon!

Mene thks for the info on Simon from OC. I didn’t know he was fired. Well he & Tamra lied (we’re surprised right?) and said he quit to get put more for into the startup Tequila company he was a partner in. Tamra was going on about him around all the time. Well color me blue. LOL I know I didn’t get that right Stars. 🙂

• Stars99 says:

Hi Powell… I’m scrunching my face up trying to remember… I thought Simon from OC originally worked at a fancy schmanzy car dealership… Didn’t Tamra’s oldest son work for him for a minute? Or not work, as the case may be… Anyway… I heard he was fired from that dealership and I remember reading that at least some of it had to do with his “Real Housewife” connection – So many people in Orange County really despise how this franchise depicts us – and his dealership was really, really snooty… and they were NOT amused. Then I think he got into some kind of partnership with “El Conde Azul Tequila”… I’m not sure about anything beyond that… I’m now going to have to go lay down because my brain hurts from all this “remembering”… lol = )

Stars you are right. That’s what Mene was saying that he was fired. Yes Ryan worked in the parts dept for A hot minute at the Mercedes-Benz dealership.

• Catseye says:

I think Simon previously worked at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach. I believe he was a Service Advisor there.

3. cusi77 says:

Thank You BB! Wow with Vicki and mostly with Gretchen… First of all she thinks the Viewers are “Fans”, second… I want to see through her eyeglasses (NOT!) to see how big is the business she has built and she didn’t see how Tamra treated her and Slade… Perhaps her pea size brain protects her from see reality… I wish her better than she has.

Have a good Friday Everyone!

Cusi Gretchen is just saying she didn’t see how Tamra treated her & Slade to justify her now BFF relationship w/Tamra. She said it loud enough & often enough how badly Tamra & Vicki treated her &Slade last season. If she wants Tamra to be her BFF she should just be real about it and say they have moved on from that. Not lie her way out of it like the viewers are stupid.

• cusi77 says:

Lol! Powell! I think we will soon see “Problem in Paradise”,,, she was invited last minute to the wedding.

4. missusmc says:

I think Vicki’s stance on “monogomacy” is such a cop out. I don’t really care that she and Donn had an “understanding,” but she has no right to police others for infidelity. I’m not defending Gretchen and how she cheated on Jeff, but she is right- Vicki is a hypocrite. If you and your husband have an open marriage, more power to you. But doing so should make you lose your right to criticize others for having multiple partners of any time. Unless you have a spotless marriage yourself (and lets face it; none of us do), you shouldn’t comment on what anyone else does. Period.

• Amalfi says:

I also love how she told a teen age Briana that sex is only for marriage.

I guess once you’re married, anything goes, right Vicki?

• missusmc says:

As long as you have an “agreement,” anything goes. It obviously makes you superior to other and in a position to judge.

• Amalfi says:

“Brianna, be a virgin until you get married … marriage is a sacred time reserved for sex with your husband, threesomes, sex clubs and open relationships with other people.”

• Shiny says:

Thanks for the OC blog recaps. I wouldn’t read them on BravoTV, but annotated with your comments makes them worth the time.

Vicki is such a hypocrite. She really needs someone to explain the word to her so that she understands that it applies to her on so many topics! The best one this time was saying that unless you see it with your own eyes, it doesn’t exist —well, Vicki, you are hypercritical of people based on what you heard or what Tamra told you EVEN WHEN you didn’t see it with your own eyes. So that rule you state for others about not believing hearsay and gossip doesn’t apply to how you believe things you don’t see yourself??!!

And her slippery evasions about her sleeping with other men without ever admitting that she cheated on Donn, too, are classic Vicki: she doesn’t take responsibility for her behavior if she thinks she can cover it up. If you had an open marriage and still don’t want to admit it, Vicki, how do you know others (such as Gretchen) didn’t have the same agreement with their own significant others, too, and therefore shouldn’t be judged any differently than you judge yourself? Saying one thing and doing another OR Juding someone else harshly for something you do yourself are classic examples of Hypocrisy, Vicki!

• Shiny says:

“judging” not “juding” Hey Jude?

Shiny I like that. How does Vicki know that Gretchen didn’t have the same type of arrangement? Yup. Jeff was very ill. He told her to go on the family vaca & knew the guy Jay. Maybe that was their agreement.

I agree she doesn’t have any room to criticize anyone on monogamy.

Good morning everyone! Thank you BB for recapping the blogs. As for Gretchen it must be difficult being a gold digger. What a “survivor” she is. Jeff, Slade and that guy she cheating on Jeff with are the burden that she bears. Barf.
    Chatzy was fun last night. Some new people joined in.

AZGirl I was fast asleep last night. I’m sorry Orson. I’m going to keep trying to get there on Thursday nights.

6. Stars99 says:

Good job at blogging the blogs, BB… I’m surprised anyone actually blogged anything… It was very interesting to me to watch again all the crap that Tamra did to Gretchen… well, and Vicki… lolol… So, so weird… I’m surprised no one apologized for anything they did as they watched the circumstances again… or mentioned feeling bad about it… Do they not have a single introspective bone in their body? Ugh…

I’m surprised they blogged this week. It would have been a good opportunity to take the week off. Of course, Tamra pretty much takes most weeks off from blogging anyway. Lol. I noticed Heather blogged too, but she doesn’t say anything that interesting other than trying to get women to audition for the show. I guess she’s recruiting now too. Who would want to be on that train wreck of a show?

BB so what is Heather trying to do. Get finders fees? 🙂

I think it’s an attempt at a power play. She figures if she recruits people, they’ll automatically be on Team Heather.

• Laineylainey says:

Fixin to read the blogs blog. Have a great Fri everyone!

7. chismosa says:

Morning all…..
    I know many of you are fans – the Beekman Boys- are apparently getting married at their farm ?
    One is a last name Beekman? They were very nice on amazing race

Neither one has the last name Beekman. I believe that is the name of the farm.

Aww. That’s sweet. Beekman is the name of their house I believe. Jesse Ferguson from Modern Family was on The View this morn. He & his partner are getting married in NYC in a few weeks. He said they asked for no gifts, for the guests to donate to their charity. He was funny & said they let the wedding planner take charge cause they had no ideas but now they are groomzillas arguing about food. He was kidding. Whoppi asked will his character & partner Cam get married w/the recent Supreme CT rulings & he said fans have asked that & he just wants to get thru his real wedding 1st but that’s up to the writers & would be good.

Their names are…Josh Kilmer-Purcell & Dr Brent Ridge.
      I loved their show except when their killed their pigs for bacon. 😦

• lillybee says:

Good for them.

8. Rebecca says:

Great recaps!

However, I always feel the need to take a shower after seeing/reading about the OC.
    By comparison, I keep thinking I should schedule a lobotomy after watching NJ.

I miss DC.

9. princesspindy says:

Well, I am going to the San Diego County Fair today with my girlfriend. It’s the first time I am going without taking any kids. I am excited, I don’t have to go near any of the rides or the farm animals. No one asking for drinks, food, or money for rides, lol!!! We are going to shop and eat!!! Oh, and look at all the landscape displays, my personal favorite! It is a little cooler than expected so may only get to 78 but it is right at Del Mar so the breeze is usually pretty nice off the ocean….
    Deep Fried Snickers For All!!!!!

When I was growing up, all of my friends were in 4-H and exhibited their animals at the fair so that’s something I always enjoy seeing. Cows, pigs, sheep and now all of the rabbits and chickens. You can take the girl out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl! Have fun!

I have heard of deep fried snickers and hear they are good. Enjoy your kid free outing w/your GF.

What, no fried twinkies? I personally like funnel cakes myself.

• Laineylainey says:

I went to the races at del mar many moons ago. That was fun! Have fun today! Now I am thinking of funnel cake…yummy!

OMG…boston I was about to post the same thing! You just gave me chills.
      What class both of the teams had/have.

10. mrs peabody says:

I saw the first look at NJ and I really really dislike wacky. Looks like Rosie will be having another melt down, seriously get that girl some help with her anger problems. It really runs in that family, between her and joeyg(m) there are some real serious problems there. Looks like joeyg doesn’t see their relationship with his parents the way Melissa is trying to paint it. And that was only 11 mins.

• melthehound says:

I saw it too, late last night on DVR… It looks like now that Momz says she’s out of it (yeah right), Rosie is going to attempt to play peacemaker in her special unique way… As for Jaqueline, she must have one of the cleanest behinds in NJ with the Blorox process and not concerning herself with Gorga/Giudice drama.

So mrs peabody & MTH is Joey saying that he has no relationship w/his parents & Mel says he does?

• melthehound says:

I think he does but I don’t think they can stand his wife. I can’t stand her either 😉

Do ya think the Melissa we see on TV all lovey dovey and the Melissa off camera are two different people? My money is on yes. Funny thing is that she thinks she’s fooled us all. But at the same time, I feel the same way about Teresa. Pretty face to the camera; devil face off camera.

• melthehound says:

I think they’re all full of it to tell the truth but Melissa is the biggest ‘who me?’ actress wannabe of the bunch.

I don’t think their relationship is as she tries to paint it, I think they probably tolerate he because of their son but do not really like her. She tries to make it sound like they have such a great relationship with them, they cook together and enjoy spending time together. They probably enjoy the time with their son and grandchildren but my guess is not her. I was thinking her daughter is just a little younger than Gia was when she started the show, they’ve been on 5 years now and the girl is 7 and gia is 12. Better be watching what she is saying in front of those kids herself before talking about her sister n law doing that.

• melthehound says:

I agree… That little girl has big ears.. She may not be saying much on screen right now but if this continues, watch out.

11. Lulu says:

Woohoo!!!!!!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful friday! I’m attempting to cut my dogs fur but he is impossible to hold still. He goes crazy when I try to clip his paws/legs so now he has one leg fully trimmed and the rest are long. Never understood why he’s soo neurotic about getting groomed! Just annoyed because I have to stop and wait till he is “calm.” At least my other babies are doing just fine! Though I’m trying to teach the big one not to run into Aiden’s room while he is sleeping and being very noisy! Thankfully he goes back to sleep each time. 🙂

BB awesome job on the blogs! How’s babysitting?? 🙂

So now your 4 legged son is not behaving? Lulu your work is never done. 🙂 Besides waiting for your dog to comply I hope your having a great TGIF.

I am really enjoying the babysitting!

12. Belle says:

BB, your “recaps” of the blogs make me laugh out loud. Thanks so much for he entertainment!

OMG is it pouring down rain. It should cool things down.

• Laineylainey says:

Adorable! Did you cursor down and watch some of those cats grooming dogs? I did! So cute!

14. iceNfire says:

Season 2 of RHOBH is on STYLE network..or will be at 4:00 for West Coasters ♥

15. Cityside says:

Happy Birthday to youse
    Happy Birthday to youse
    Happy Birthday to our T-Rex and Stars99
    Happy Birthday to youse…..and many more…la la la la la la la la la

Cityside
    I know it was yesterday, but hey…..love youse!

16. azgirl2345 says:

Arriving in Tucson. Balmy 108. Ha!

111 here UGH

18. azgirl2345 says:

FYI just past the Safeway where Rep. Gabby Gifford was shot. Safeway has closed. I guess it was hard to keep open with memorial being left.

Yeah. I guess it was too hard for a lot of people to go there because of what happened to Gabby, the other people & the little girl. I don’t blame them.

IDK, Bad things happen everywhere, they are rebuilding at ground zero, the pentagon still exists ect. While I understand fear over bad things and events, it’s not the location that is to blame but a person ( or persons ) who did it.

The Soprans is on right now. So so sad. 😦

• Mene Seela says:

I can’t watch. We’re bummed we will never get to see new work by this artist. He was going to star in a neqw HBO series.

The covers of the local papers made me cry today. They were so sad! I can’t get over it I had tears in my eyes

Hbo is being so gracious and paying for ALL of the expenses and also filming everything with full camera crew just for the family. Very kind gesture.

20. Vegas Chick says:

Hi All, Hope everyone is doing great and Happy Birthday to everyone that I missed. It’s blistering hot in LV – 115 to 118 for the next week…. ugh!

Thought that I’d share this little bit of MSN news… what an idiot and cameras don’t lie!

21. I keep meaning to share my thoughts on something that’s a bit of a pet peeve around here. LOL Lots of us don’t like it when the housewives call us “fans”. But it doesn’t bother me so much and I was trying to think why. I think because I don’t necessarily associate being a fan of something as condoning it or approving of it. I know that sounds weird. But I looked it up in the dictionary and fan means: “a person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular sport, art form, or famous person” I’d say those of us on this blog definitely have a strong interest in the shows! But not necessarily an admiration. Probably “viewer” is a better word for them to use. Or if they want to be really inclusive they could say the “viewers and the fans.” But I guess from my perspective – when Gretchen thanks her fans or the fans – she means the people that watch and probably the people that like her. So if you don’t like her she’s not necessarily referring to you! 🙂 Anyhow just some rambling…..

I don’t know if any of you are following this Paula Deen nonsense but Im baffled!! Half if not more of the stories that have been written are not true. Real media outlets(not ROL and crap like that) are reporting about things that they say Paula Deen has said-when she hasn’t said anything close!! I don’t know if the media have read the actual depo of Paula’s or if they all just read what Lisa Jackson has alleged in her lawsuit. I don’t ever remember reading about a lawsuit where everything that has been alleged has been taken as fact. This is just irresponsible journalism!! And now all these companies are giving her the boot b/c she said the N word-in a private convo? She didn’t call someone the N word and the person suing her has never heard her say the N word so I’m so confused! I don’t think anyone should use that word but I know lots of people do…LOTS!!! I wish Paula would have plead the 5th…or lied like everyone else does!! But I’m glad she didnt just pay this woman off-even though it is costing her so much more that the 1 million she tried to extort from her.

Oh and something else completely OT:
      Chismosa…I just noticed that I have been spelling your name wrong all this time!! I was typing chimosa…why did I leave off the s?? So weird that I just noticed..very random!!!

Jill! Hey girl don’t worry, I get called it a lot on here and it’s cool- I don’t expect it to be a very easy word haha

Thanks though you are sweet !!!! 😀 😘😘

And I have to kind of agree with you on Paula Deen. It’s getting out of control. I thought her brother was the one going the really bad stuff and she seems to be suffering FOR him.

That said, those were verrrry forced tears on the Today show
        I wonder if there IS more to this, like Nancy says below ⏬⏬

Hi Jill,
      I’m so glad you posted this as I have been so upset about this. She did admit that she
      used the N word but that was a very long time ago. They are on a witch hunt and I just
      don’t get it. Now the publisher of her #1 on Amazon Cookbook has pulled the plug.
      I feel so sorry for her. There are a bunch a her fans that are trying to help her out but
      how can she recover from this?

I never particularly loved Paula Deen. I have never watched an entire episode of her cooking show, I have never bought one of her products (that I know of), and I have never purchased any of her books. I was in downtown Savannah and right outside of her famous restaurant and didn’t even go in and eat there. HOWEVER, what is happening to her is SOOOOOOOOOO WRONG! It really, really bothers me. Yet Alec Baldwin can tweet an anti-gay or homophobic rant or whatever just YESTERDAY and he gets a pass from GLAAD. I just don’t get it.

Mel Gibson wasn’t treated like they are treating Paula Deen.
        I wonder if there’s more to this story that hasn’t been released yet as it makes no sense.

I wonder if there are ever any racial slurs uttered in the Smithfield Foods plant? Nah, that would never happen. You know, the company that’s just been sold to the Chinese, who have such a stellar human rights record and excellent food preparation standards? That’s what’s so ludicrous about all this to me. Just be careful when you buy your next ham. Not you Nancy, I know you’re not going to be buying a ham – Lol.

• Laineylainey says:

Good point

• Laineylainey says:

I feel sorry for her, too. It’s just beyond overboard. Why is Paula Deen being held to this standard?? I don’t get it either.

ITA with JNNTJ’s post along with the Nancy and BB’s opinion. So I don’t have much to add but to agree with these viewpoints in whole. As for the offensive word in question, I for one never use it, but I am exposed to people who are black and use the word a LOT to refer to one another. While it’s typically a term of endearment between them – what kind of message does this send??! And they are happy to see Paula Deen in trouble – but use the word themselves. It all seems twisted to me. 😦

BB-I don’t love her but I did watch her show now and then. This whole thing is just so insane!!

24. cocfarm says:

Hey everyone…Today we went to the Hawks Parade in Chicago and had a great day. We got a tip that the Hawks were having lunch at a place downtown, so we went to it. It was covered with security and we could not go in. So we waited outside, saw all the players and touched the Stanley Cup. It was SO unreal. I say all this but this was the hi-light for this blog:
    Patrick Sharp was there with wife and child. He was waiting for his limo and I said to him that I knew his cousin Lynn and that she was a great person and many cared for her deeply. He said “thank you for that.”

Great day. So tired. Good night.

Oh, how sweet.

That’s super sweet COCFARM. Oh Lynn, we miss you so 😦

That brought tears to my eyes. I wish Lynn could have been here to see them win, even though I know she was watching.

• Laineylainey says:

I got teary-eyed reading that, too!

• cocfarm says:

Awe, thanks guys. Cathi could certainly relate our sentiments better than me, but he was there, I was there, he was waiting…so I just blurted it out. My friends/family that I was with wondered why I said it past tense and I choked up when I told them she had passed.

On a girlie note, he is an incredibly handsome man. He looks much better in person and he is an incredibly handsome man on tv! His wife is a very cute petite blond. I can’t remember if there were one or two children but they had a stroller. No one knew they were there but about 100 of us, so it was a small respectful crowd. I have a young man from Scandinavia staying with us, where of course, hockey is king. He was beside himself that he shook hands, high fived and chatted w the players and touched the cup. He kept saying “thank you so much for today. And I’m really sorry about your friend.”

• Laineylainey says:

You had the wherewithal to, as you said, blurt it out. I would have been so tongue-tied and then zzzzzip, opportunity gone! You did good, Cocfarm! Oh and iloveyour girlie note. What is Lynn’s nephews name, now I want to google him!

25. Rebecca says:

No, this is not what this is about. Her racist language is not the whole story. She continues to make racist jokes and quips. Calling an employee her “monkey” is a fact. Read everything, not amateur websites who are zoning in on one small part of the story.

This woman is dangerous. She encourages fatty, unhealthy diets, and then endorses a diabetes drug. Disgusting. She thinks racial slurs are just fine. Disgusting. She treats her employees with no regard to talent or work ethic, but per the color of their skin.

I know I get riled up about this, but most of you don’t get nasty slang thrown at you. I grew up where the teachers taught students the quips to throw at me and laugh. You do NOT call me any Italian slur without me punching you in the face. You do NOT call my nephews any Native American slur without me kicking you in the face. My father fought for this country and is repaid with his family being the butt of hateful names and jokes???

This is less than a fraction of what African Americans go through. To this day, in this time, they are STILL treated like “less than.” This really pisses me off. For anyone to defend this racist, ignorant, hypocritical bitch is beyond me. She sits in multi-million dollar house with her millions in jewelry based on recipes she adopted from slaves. Slaves owned by her own great-grandfather!!! And she treats African Americans with condescension. And she is crying as the victim. You have to be effing kidding me.

I am totally ashamed that close-minded, badly mistaken Americans think SHE is getting a bad rap. You ask her employees who are too dark-skinned to work the front of the house if they agree with you. Or the ones doing the same jobs as the white employees who won’t make the same pay. Or the ones forced to view ANY pornography in the workplace if they agree with you. It’s not one woman, more have come forward.

Boo-Effing-Hoo to Paula Deen. Good riddance.

Thank you for calling me a close-minded, badly mistaken American. I respect your opinion and your right to express how you feel. However, it doesn’t seem you respect mine. Makes me wonder who’s being close-minded.

• Rebecca says:

You can’t trivialize the thousands of employees of these companies that were endorsing her. Do you think they would be happy to be represented by someone who knowingly mistreats employees? Do you think it’s ok to pay someone millions of dollars because you think she only said the “n” word 25 years ago? That’s no message to send to their African American employees or their customers. If it was YOUR company, would you pay her to represent you?

Rebecca you brought some info out that I had not been aware of, so thanks. I see where you are coming from.

———

BB I get your response…. Don’t disappear too long this weekend! ❤ ❤❤❤

• mrspeabody says:

agree with you bb

• Laineylainey says:

BB, you are not close minded. I’ll swear under oath. 🙂

• Vegas Chick says:

Not following the Paula Deen story so I take no sides. However, I am truly sorry for what happened to your family.

• Laineylainey says:

Looks like there’s a lot I don’t know about this issue, Rebecca. Thanks for sharing this. I will read the links you provided.

• Laineylainey says:

Oh and I am not close minded… I think I was just not fully informed. You probably didn’t mean for any of us to take your words personally, right? But you did get my attention! I just wanted to let you now that what’s left of my mind is open! I do care that you know that.

• Rebecca says:

Hey no – if you were starting a website to support her, I would shake my head for a week or so. In this day and age, where you can find out any facts about anybody, I forget that not everyone starts researching when something bothers them like I do.

For the record, the lawsuit started it – but the rest of the facts concerning the employees and the fatty recipes = diabetes = drug endorsement is what I would like people to look at.

I don’t think the solution for her personal recipe choices, and her diabetes, or endorsement of a drug that helps people with diabetes is to crucify her. My free will let’s me not make or eat the food I don’t like. And that drug she endorses is the medication that I take to keep my diabetes under control.

I respect your opinion, I just don’t agree with you. Oh! And I am a Southerner. I was born in Mississippi. My parents were born and raised in Mississippi. Blaming Paul Dean for the racial discrimination found in some places in this country is in my opinion unfair. Now that’s my opinion. I’m entitled to it. I am neither ignorant or small minded.

• Rebecca says:

“Robert Patillo, an attorney for Rainbow/PUSH, a civil rights group founded by the Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., said one current and two former employees told him white employees are routinely paid more than black employees and are promoted more quickly. A black man who had threatened to go to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission said Deen’s brother told him “you don’t have any civil rights here,” Rainbow/PUSH said in a press release.

Rainbow/PUSH said it has “found evidence of systemic racial discimination and harassment” by Deen and that “a family member consistently referred to a black cook as ‘my little monkey.'”

Patillo, who conducted interviews in Savannah where Deen’s restaurant is located, said current and former employees told him that Deen “preferred white and light-skinned blacks to work with customers” and that darker-skinned blacks were relegated to “back-of-the-house operations.”

Patillo said employees have been reluctant to talk to him about their experience with Deen because they fear retaliation.”

“CHICAGO — Civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson says he’s agreed to help celebrity chef Paula Deen try to make amends for her past use of a racial slur, saying she shouldn’t become a “sacrificial lamb” over the issue of racial intolerance.

Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Deen called him this week, and they discussed how she might recover.

Jackson says if Deen is willing to acknowledge mistakes and make changes, “she should be reclaimed rather than destroyed.”

Jackson says he’s more troubled by racial disparities in jobs, lending, health care, business opportunities and the criminal justice system.”

My opinion remains that the reaction has been an over reach, and I believe it is because she is a woman.

Her racist language is exactly what this is all about. Food Network never had a problem with her cooking fatty foods-if they did she should have been let go years go. You can call me closed minded and think that Iam uninformed but that doesn’t change the fact that Paula Deen is getting fired b/c she admitted to using the N word 30 years ago.
            The woman suing her is white-if she wins the millions she is asking for do you honestly believe that they way African American are treated in the kitchen will change? This woman could have filed a class action suit to help her fellow employees-you know the ones SHE said were being treated badly-but she didnt-she wants the MONEY!!! If you opened your mind when you read my post you may have noticed my thinking was not “poor Paula Deen”….but I can see that you judged me before you even gave it a thought-talk about being close-minded!!
            And just out of sheer curiosity-how do you know she continues to make racist jokes?

• Rebecca says:

Why was she asked if she used that word?

She wouldn’t have been asked that in court if the attorney didn’t know the answer. The woman in question wasn’t around 30 years ago, which means the word is still being said. Of course Paula tried saying she used it back when “everyone used that word” back then. People would think this poor little old lady was just following culture. She’s lying. This is the tip of the iceberg. More will come out. She’s not suffering. She was making $30 million per year. She keeps all that. No one is threatening her or her restaurant. She’s the butt of jokes (which is what she admitted doing to others,)

Bullying is brought up on the board and is regarded as a serious issue. What is mistreating employees?

She’s lying-you say-your opinion.
                Lisa Jackson is an opportunist looking for a payday-I say-my opinion.

Read Lisa. Jackson’s depo-she never heard Paula Deen use the word

26. lillybee says:

Nite all.

Perhaps it’s best I leave. It seems I’m upsetting people here and that’s not my intention. Good night.

Good Morning! 😀

29. lulu says:

Good morning all!!!! Another lovely day!!!! Hope everyone has a great saturday.

Chiming in on the paula deen scandal I have worked in the culinary industry for over 10 years. Racial slurs, sexual innuendo, flat out sexual harrassement in fact all kinds of verbal harassement are a part of the beast. If you don’t have thick skin you don’t belong there. With that being said I don’t condone any of it paula deen should have known better. I was a pastry chef if I spoke to any of my employees in that nature I would be fired. Her fallout is just what did she expect.

30. Belle says:

BB, please don’t go away for long!

BB – Thanks for the OC blog, I was surprised anyone from the show blogged. I like the way you format those and the sidebars are so worthy! I see where you said you are enjoying keeping Jack and I hope you enjoy your weekend off too! 🙂

We are having record heat for the next few days. I’m sheltering in place and drinking lots of sweet tea 🙂

33. mimisfbay says:

Was thinking about Lynn and found this site! Of course, it is because I watched the 100th episode and lost my mind. Vickie is just an egomaniacal twit. Okay, now I can clean my condo.