Real Housewives of Orange County Blogs Part 2

Real Housewives of Orange County Blogs Blogged by BB

Two days later and only Alexis and Lydia have posted blogs and neither really had that much to say. I guess the ladies are too busy gearing up for the Reunion taping. I would think, out of the seven ladies (including Lauri), Alexis, Lydia and Heather probably have the least to worry about as far as the reunion goes. The real mud-slinging should take place between Vicki, Lauri, Gretchen, and Tamra (cause there’s never been a fight that Tammy Sue didn’t like).

ALEXIS: After Alexis writes about her family vacation to the Dude Ranch, she finally starts talking about the Whistler trip. She was excited about going to Canada and seeing their culture, meeting the people and seeing Lydia’s home country. (Cause we all know U.S. and Canadian cultures are as different as night and day – JK. I’m sure it is a beautiful place though.)

Remember during the last episode, Alexis wasn’t privy to the conversation all the women had about Malibu Country-gate because she didn’t joint them for dinner after the wedding dress trying on session. Alexis says, “I did not know anything about Gretchen getting a phone call from Reba’s agent, and I didn’t know that Gretchen and Heather were already arguing about this. Remember I couldn’t stay for Tamra’s dress shopping dinner, which is where all of this news was delivered. Although it seemed like I knew they were all having a conversation about it, I can assure you I did not hear it.” So when Alexis chimed in that she received a call about the show too, she never meant to insinuate it was for Heather’s role. Alexis further states, “It makes me sad that we cannot have a genuine excitement for each other without jealousies being involved. My timing may have been off, but my intentions were not malicious. The first thing I said to Heather when I heard she was leaving early because of her part on the Reba show was that it was exciting and I offered her my congratulations.” Alexis further explained that she was never offered a role, that she was only asked by Reba’s agent if she was available at that time and she was not.

Alexis and the women skied for four hours and it was a lot of fun. Then she says, “…Until we got to the bottom of the hill and the big fight between Lauri and Vicki broke out. I understand why Vicki was so mad. The rumors being spread are disgusting and very detrimental, but I never expected to ski up to her addressing it there! That is the craziest location of an argument I have ever seen — the bottom of a mountain in 3 feet of snow with ski goggles on. The only thing we were missing was a mug of hot cocoa and fresh popcorn for our front row to craziness!”

LYDIA: I love Lydia’s take on the women packing: “I found it amusing watching everyone pack for the snow. There really is no way to make a snowsuit cute, but from Alexis’ big ring on her glove to Gretchen’s white onesie, I have to hand it to the ladies for trying!”

Lydia is confused about the “Malibu Country” issue and is unclear as to why Heather assumed Gretchen was lying and why it annoyed her. Lydia thinks there must be more to this story.

Lydia describes the day on the mountain as bizarre. (Welcome to Bravo’s world, Lydia.) After snowboarding a few hours and meeting them all at the bottom of the mountain, Lydia assumed the others were . . . “talking about hot cocoa and the beauty of the snow. Boy was I wrong!” Lydia found the whole threesome accusation talk disturbing and even though she hasn’t know Vicki for very long, it just doesn’t seem in her character. Lydia says, “Also, Lauri’s story doesn’t even add up. Vicki was watching a movie with her sister and a friend on a business trip. Lauri herself says she didn’t see what was going on. I’m believing Vicki’s word on this one. Perhaps Lauri was just trying to drag Vicki’s name through the mud.” (Ya think?)

Lydia thinks Gretchen should have taken these accusations to Vicki when she first heard about them instead of telling Heather, and then later Tamra. Lydia describes herself as being direct and talking about her feelings and moving on. Lydia says, “I enjoy life and having fun and being silly. I try not to harbor negative thoughts about people.”

Lydia writes that even though this drama didn’t involve her and she tried to stay out of it, when she hangs out with the ladies, she gets invested, becomes part of it and forms opinions. She admits she could be way off base about her opinions of how she felt after watching the episode, but she has an open mind to grow and learn from this whole experience. (Lydia – The Voice of Reason so far. But it’s only her first season.)

___________________________________________

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of Orange County, RHOC Cast Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

447 Responses to Real Housewives of Orange County Blogs Part 2

1. california35 says:

Good morning! Happy Friday 🙂

2. SoutheastVA says:

Happy Friday everyone. We’re geeting soaked in southeast VA. Any others waterlogged out there?

The OBX is really waterlogged!

SoutheastVA are you involved in the furlough? My daughter is but my son in law and nephew and sister in law are exempt because they work at a certain activity.

• SoutheastVA says:

I am a involved. I elected to take Mondays as my furlough day. I grates my nerves that we loyal civil servants are being treated as though we are all expendable and contribute nothing to the nation.

• SoutheastVA says:

Sorry for the grammatical errors but I get mad every time I think about the 20% pay cut I’m taking for doing my job. I know others have it much worse. But, I can still take issue with my situation.

Meanwhile, Congress is taking a month off after NOT DOING THEIR JOBS! Sorry, not meaning to get political, but it’s true and it makes me mad too.

• Dixie says:

My husband is full time National Guard and he and other Guard members are furloughed. We live in a Gulf state, this is hurricane season; you can see how it could be bad for our citizens.

The most interesting part is he said the DOD directed them at the beginning of the fiscal year (September) to purchase their non-essential goods and services at the beginning of fiscal calendar; then they had no money to pay for essential services, like salaries, in the last quarter once the sequestration was in place. That is the opposite of how they normally spend their budget. Things that make you go “hmmm”,

Happy Friday! No gym. Two days in a row. Yikes! Depositions early this am.

I miss Diva and her Flashback Fridays! This one doesn’t go back that far, but it always puts me in a better mood.
    &http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE

5. Shiny says:

Oh, Lydia. You’re so young and sweet, especially in contrast to the angry, defensive, back-stabbing, mud-slinging old group you’re now hanging out with. Try to keep your force-field up, Lydia, you don’t want to catch any of their attitudes and behaviors!

Hey everyong! It’s Friday and that makes me oh so very happy! This weekend is my town’s annual three day summer celebration and it’s going to be hot, hot, hot – not the celebration, but the weather! I’m thinking I’m going to stay inside. But I just might go down to the food court and pick up the following – a gyro, homemade rootbeer and kettle corn. It’s a one time a year thing so if I don’t, I will have to wait 365 more days.

I’m really happy now because I think I finally figured out Big Brother and what’s going on this year. First of all, can this group of people be anymore unlikeable? CBS, you really need to screen your houseguests more carefully and can we get some above the age of 30? They are so, so immature. Aaryn, Jeremy, Ginamarie, Kaitlin . . . y’all need to go bye bye! Loving me some Helen though. A strong and smart woman for once! And she’s nice.

With the shift in power last night, things will now start getting more interesting. Nominations on Sunday – watch out!

Hope everyone’s weekend is a great one!

• Stars99 says:

Okay, HH…. I made it through 14 other seasons of never watching BB and never even being interested in watching BB… but because of ALL the juicy comments both here and on FB I have sadly become hooked! And it’s 3 freakin’ nights a week! I am glaring at all of you right now, dagnabit… lol… But seriously, wasn’t last night just a delicious slice of revenge? While Elissa made the most incoherent and insincere plea before the voting began… it was just crackin’ me up how poor lil Jeremy looked like he was gonna blow a gasket. He’s soooOOOOOooOOOoo mad… it’s hysterical! I agree with all you said, HH… Is the group on BB usually more likeable? I hope you have an amazing weekend as well! = )

Stars – BB is definitely a very guilty pleasure and yes, devoting three nights a week is tough, but I sure do love it!

In the past, I don’t recall a group of people, as a whole, being more unlikeable than this one. Usually there are one or two villains, but this year there are more and they are, for the most part, more nasty. And yes Aaryn, you are a racist!

Also, in the past, there were usually a few more ‘mature (age-wise) players’ who would call the youngsters out on their bad behavior. A variety of ages really makes for a more interesting game. If you take out Aaryn, Jeremy, Ginamarie and Kaitlin, the likeability of this group goes way up.

I’m putting my support behind Helen and her group. Not really liking Elissa, but that’s due to her sister Rachel more than anything. I really detested Rachel and had to sit through two seasons of her. Love how these girls have FINALLY figured out that the boys need to go first so they will have a chance to win in the end. With a little support from Andy and Judd, they are a force to be reckoned with. Spencer and Howard are hanging out there and are in danger of being evicted unless they swing their alliance to the girls. McCrae is playing with the house right now and that will keep him safe.

Who will Helen put up on Sunday? Can’t wait!

• realhousewifeva says:

This is by far the most unpleasant cast I have ever seen…and I say this as a faithful viewer who even endured the dreaded 9th season that they did in the winter during that writer`s strike. I am convinced even Julie Chen is looking back on season 9 and thinking `Hmm, they weren`t so bad afterall`

Did anyone catch the feeds last night? I read updates and watched clips on youtube and I am so disgusted! I usually don`t encourage production getting involved but they absolutely should have gotten involved. Aaryn is no longer even trying to hide her racism as she totally imitated `black talk` to Candice and Howard`s face while her and her posse made fun of Candice for her `black coming out` when Candice was rightfully upset after Aaryn flipped over her bed mattress.

They are beyond disgusting. The only reason I tuned back in was because of some of the others banding together and flipping the house to get out Nick. But still, there are way too many racists, homophobes and misogynist pigs this season.

At first I thought CBS should pull the plug on Aaryn and her racist group of friends. But now I like that they are giving her more and more rope to hang herself thereby when she does get evicted, she won’t have any excuses and will have to live with her vile remarks and actions. She dug that hole a lot deeper last night, along with Ginamarie. Disgraceful, just disgraceful. But once she’s gone and a few others, this game will finally become a game and we’ll see who has it!

I tried to watch season 9, but after a few episodes, I had to give it up. That was one sorry bunch of people as well. But I don’t think they were as nasty; just sorry.

• Laineylainey says:

That whole gyro, root beer and kettle corn plan sounds really yummy.

Lainey – meet me in the park around 6 p.m. and we’ll get us some! Plus we can go over to the Chautauqua tent for some old time entertainment. Then we can stroll through the vendors and observe the living history Civil War enactors and their campsite. Lots of things going on.

What’s an everyong? I just did a Gretchen!

Good morning everyone. TGIF. It’s rainy cats, dogs,and cows but it’s Friday. I hope you are having a good day so far. Don’t work to hard. 🙂

9. Lulu says:

Good Morning everyone!!!!! Another beautiful day!! Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine. Any tips on handling two at the grocery store. I’m contemplating it.

• Kansas Girl says:

Our stores have carts with a sort of child car on the front. Steering wheels and horns for a driver on both sides. I’ve notice lately many dual drivers, beeping and steering like crazy while mom or dad shops behind.

LuLu do you have a baby carrier that you wear? My friend has twins and when the were little one would go in the cart and one in the carrier-worked out well for her.

I have twins. When they were babies, I straddled their carriers over the grocery cart. That really left me little room to put anything in the cart and boy howdy were by grocery bills a lot smaller! Fortunately, my husband worked at the store and he did the majority of the shopping. When I had to do the heavy duty shopping, I left them at a relatives house. When they get older (able to sit on their own), it does get easier.

• Lulu says:

Thank you ladies! The grocery store in my area has the attached car cart. DS loves it but he also loves to run out of it! 🙂 I do have a wrap I’ll try it wish me luck!!!!!!!

• AZGirl says:

Cookies from the bakery.

10. Stars99 says:

BB – Thanks for recapping the blogs… I don’t think I could handle reading them… I was very surprised that so few wrote them for this last episode… I know they did the reunion taping but don’t they get the episode at least a week early to preview so they have time to write the blogs? They’re just being lazy, in my opinion… I would have thought that they would have a thing or two to say… One of these days I’m going to write their blogs for them and include what I think they SHOULD say… lolol… Thanks again, BB… The Queen of all Bloggers! = )

• plainviewsue says:

Heather’s is up now.

With the exception of the scenes at Tamra’s party (between Tamra throwing out Alexis and Gretchen’s vulgar hand signals and screaming with glee that Alexis was leaving), I have to say, this season was for me a hell of a lot better than last season. I enjoy Lydia. I like that Alexis has come back and is more likable than ever. And the scenes on the mountain with Vicki going crazy was comedy at its best.

Cannot wait to see the reunion. I hope Vicki spills everything on Lauri.

I wrote the recaps on Wednesday and only Lydia and Alexis had posted blogs. Haven’t read Heather’s yet and probably won’t do a recap of it. I really don’t care whether Gretchen was offered a “part” on Malibu Country or not and I think Heather has made too big a deal of that (just like she did about Bow-gate.). The only thing I care about Malibu Country is if Gretchen lied to Tamra about sacrificing her “part” to go wedding dress shopping with her.

• realhousewifeva says:

Heather`s blog basically says that she was calling Gretchen out because of that reason: Gretchen lying about sacrificing a part for Tamra. It is all so silly. Heather needs to relax, IMO. Clearly the agent called some of the ladies, they have every right to say so just like Heather always makes a big production of announcing when she is doing a role.

Thanks for saving me from reading it – lol! I agree. When it concerns HEATHER, it HAS to be ALL ABOUT HEATHER. She’s doesn’t like it when she thinks someone is trying to steal her thunder. We get it, Heather’s part was for a GUEST STAR! The other parts were itty bitty walk on lines that never panned out. She needs to get over herself sometimes.

Why did it bother Heather so much that Gretchen and Alexis both said they got called for a part on the show? I’ll tell ya why-she didn’t want us viewers to think that she was a d-lister like they are-she NEEDED us to know that she is a REAL actress and not some random HW with a walk on trow away bit part in a sitcom (that by the way is CANCELLED). If she left it alone she just knew we wouldn’t take her acting seriously-it is her craft-her art-she is an ACTRESS damn it and those 2 are….housewives….just like she is!!!!

Well she’s is a D lister. I’ve seen Heather in several comedies over the yrs & every single one was cancelled. Fran Fresher & I believe Patricia Heaton are 2 that I remember & look were they are.

BB that’s how I feel. Why lie to Tamra that she basically sacrificed a role/part/walk-on or whatever to be at her wedding dress event? Did she want Tamra to be gratef? “See what a true friend I am. I gave up a part to be with you”. Tamra would never ask Gretch or any of them to sacrifice a chance of a lifetime to go wedding dress shopping. And yes I do not like Tamra but she has a point that Gretchen lied & she’s not cool w/that.

11. plainviewsue says:

Anyone catch RHONJ First Look last night? Honestly, after seeing and hearing what Melissa and Napolean had to say about Teresa (plus Rich), I cannot understand how anyone can ever support those fame whores. Yeah, I said it.

Teresa and Rosie are the only ones who are going up with a hopeful attitude. Even Juicy isn’t making a stink about it.

Joey Marco, who told his sister Caroline, that he wants to make things better clearly does not. He is miserable about going.

As for the remarks that Melissa made about Teresa and Joe’s marriage, I thought this b*tch said she would never discuss their marriage. What’s her excuse? She didn’t know she was miked up? Well, then that proves Teresa’s point, that Melissa is always in Joe’s ear.

Richie once again makes fun of Teresa, saying she can’t spell retreat. Well, are you making fun of Melissa for saying shkeems instead of schemes?

I know this is just a show. I know none of us should get so caught up in their issues. But I have to be honest. My heart literally broke for Teresa. She’s telling everyone that they are in a better place now. No way after hearing these talking heads and the actual conversatioins. Enough already with the demanding of an apology from Teresa. You all need to apologize to her. Over and over and over again.

Got that off my chest!!! Now off to start the day 🙂

• VV says:

PVS, I just saw it. Probably have to watch again because the fight was heavily edited and so was the bus ride. Bravo producers in their never ending quest – and with Andy’s approval – Attempt to take Teresa down. Some will fall for the Bravo story line some can see through their BS.
      Melissa is manipulator snake who lies all the time. Ex last season when on TH she indicated she was sitting Teresa’s kids do that Tre could go to the Fabellini launch when we all know that’s not what happened.

Whewwwww. So now you can breath sue. 🙂 No but I know what you are saying. Mel & Joey are continuing the “its all Teresa’s fault” to the hilt for the viewer to feel sorry for them. I feel that ALL the fights, even w/Rosie & Kathy ate as a result of Mel & Joey, on tv or off.

• VV says:

Absolutely, they are irrelevant if they don’t mention Teresa. All are riding Teresa’s coattail….

• plainviewsue says:

xxxooo Powell! I don’t know why these losers are still carrying on with the Teresa has destroyed mankind storyline. Don’t they see it has backfired on them?

No wonder Tre’s parents look at Melissa like she’s the devil. She is.

• VV says:

Melissa is the root of all this discord. She decided to date a man from an inmigrant family who were very tight and traditional in their thinking. Instead of compromising with her new family, she made sure that Joey did as she pleased. If that meant to offend the Gorga Seniors so be it. She didn’t care. She’s just one spoiled immature, conniving snake. The Devil indeed she is.

• melthehound says:

I just watched it.. What I saw were a bunch of assholes who aren’t willing to participate in whatever it is they are going to. Fishy Richie showing up with a case of booze tells me all I need to know about that asshole.

• VV says:

Don’t worry Jeff. We’ll be watching Crapstacular or Crapfest right with you. It can’t get any worst than Sunday’s episode … Well, this is RHONJ … I hope not.

• Overit! says:

Hey did anyone catch them say that the retreat will have Dr. V there? (of course Melissa made a crude remark like it must stand for va-jay-jay). It made me excited thinking maybe it’s Dr. V from LA shrinks! I think shes originally from NJ?! I just love her!!!

12. obx1 says:

JNNTJ – It’s pouring rain again at the OBX. 😦 It’s gotta stop some time!

Let it rain today and by Sunday the sun will shine!! (Sorry-I’m being selfish-you need some nice relaxing beach time so I hope it clears up soon!!!)

I don’t mind the rain. I’m here all the time. I just hate that it’s raining for all the vacationers.

13. VV says:

Is Alex McCord recapping RHONJ?

I could not stop laughing while Vicki was screaming at Lauri with those goggles on!!! Lauri deserved to be screamed at, but Vicki looked just soooo funny – that and when Lauri corrected Gretch when she said indescrepancies saying that the word is indiscretions – too too funny!!! I like Lydia – she reminds me of the little sister who follows her older sister and her friends around, and while she may not know them all that well, her opinion of them is usually dead on – should be interesting to see her next season – hopefully she is as strong as I think she is and will remain grounded –

YAY for Helen winning HOH!!! – she is the only one there that I will root for, although Elissa is somewhat of a nice surprise considering who her sister is – I cannot – cannot – wait for Aaryn to get booted and come face to face with Julie – she is in for a boatload of hate, not to mention the loss of a job – the poor thing – getting all of that hate after suffering devastating comments about her blonde hair……. not!!!

And being called Barbie – poor, poor thing!

• AZGirl says:

When Vicki and Laurie were fighting I could not help but think of the old Asian cartoons where only the lips moved on the cartoon characters. HA! Freaky!

I hope Julie rips her from side to side. She won’t because she’s too much a lady, but I bet Julie would love to. How can a person be so unaware of that kind of hate/disrespect when it comes out of their mouth? I wish someone would interview some of her friends and/or family to see if this is common behavior among those who are closest to her. She’s in for a big awakening for sure.

• Rebecca says:

Remember – Julie Chen is married to the head of CBS. Things could get really interesting.

And Julie knows how to use that power. How do you think she became host of BB & got The Talk.

When she is out of the house every mag & entertainment tv outlet will be ringing her phone for interviews & it won’t be pretty. She’s gonna have some big time splainen to do.

• melthehound says:

Aarian looked like she was going to puke 😆

15. turtletime! says:

So with these supposed arguments between bethenny and Jason hitting the tabloids, anyone else smelling zarin? Who is leaking from inside their apartment that bethenny called Jason trash and Jason told bethenny bryn will have nothing to do with her when she’s older? We know bethenny, bryn and cookie aren’t leaking it and I can’t see jason doing that. But it’s right up Jill’s vengeful alley. Jill still wants to be the business woman that bethenny became. Her twitter is a steady stream of product hawking.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was JZ. But no matter what B will never associate w/JZ again which I know is what she is hoping for. Remember Jason didn’t like JZ & that’s what was a part of how B made her decision that she would never be friends w/JZ, again. JZ is thinking Jason is no longer an influence so she can swoop in & be a sympathetic ear & get on Bs show.

16. princesspindy says:

Thanks BB!!! I can’t wait for the reunion, except for that dinner TamTam has been pretty nice….I think the real TamTam will come out and Gretch is going to be raked over the coals…again…..like that old song “take me in oh pretty woman, take me in for goodness sake, take me in oh pretty woman, siiiiigghhhed the snake!!” Gretch did this to herself for falling for TamTam….”you knew I was a snake when you took me in”……

As far as Big Brother, I am still resisting, I just keep hearing Dana Carvy doing elder Bush and saying in my head, “Not now, not gonna do it, it wouldn’t be prudent”, lol!!

You need to go ahead and give in to BB (and I don’t mean me), Princess Pindy! You know you want to. It’s part of my Summer fun, even though a few of these players are just downright despicable, but they will certainly get their comeuppance sooner or later.

• turtletime! says:

I’m trying to not read the bb comments cuz I’m gonna try to watch this weekend. Hopefully I can catch the previous episodes on demand or something.

• designernailsdiana says:

WATCH it!!!!

Come to the dark side Princess . . . we need you . . .

• princesspindy says:

and you serve cookies, right! You are all such bad influences!!

Since it’s raining out, I just made a cheese ball and now I’m baking banana bread.

How did you know I love banana bread and a cheese ball??? You are going all out for the arrival of me and my 200 relatives BB!!!! What an OBX welcome wagon!!!!

Ha ha! I’ll be passing you guys going back to VA on Sunday because I have to watch little Jack Monday. However, I will leave you some in your mansion. All you have to do is find it! (Evil laugh!)

• princesspindy says:

I love me some banana bread…with walnuts???

I was outta walnuts, so I threw some pecans in there. Not the same, I know, but I like any kind of nut.

• Catseye says:

Actually, I think pecans sounds a lot better! I made some almond poppy seed bread from Krusteaz mix this a.m. Reading about your banana bread w/pecans made me go eat another piece!

• princesspindy says:

I love pecan pie, so i think I would love this banana bread!!!

Mmmm Mmmm good. You’re making me hungryyy. 🙂

• AZGirl says:

OMG I have missed two days in a row from the gym due to work and I an so craving banana bread smeared with cheese ball..ha!

Thanks BB for the recap. I saw that Paula Deen fired her legal team. About time. They really screwed up. Plaintiff only wants 2.5 mil and Deen has lost Billions. Should have settled this and drawn up a non-disclosure agreement. Would have gone away quietly.

I think Paula is going to be okay at the end of the day. That’s all I’m going to say. I don’t want to start a Casino.

AZGirl I saw that too but didn’t read it. I guess she didn’t get what she wanted out of the situation so she’s gonna find another legal team that will. I also saw she is going to speak somewhere I think. I didn’t read that article either. I think Paula will have to take whatever the hits are for now & she will be back stronger in the future. She made mistakes and I think she’s learning from them. And all the way back to hiding her diabetes & taking that spokesperson deal for that diabetes drug. She will rehabilitate her career. Hey if Martha Stewart can lie to the Feds, throw her Broker & his Assistant under the bus, go to jail, loose millions of her personal & biz money Paula Deen can come back.

• AZGirl says:

I certainly think she will come back and learn from this. I don’t think she is a bad person at all. I think that when you start to grow in the media at the level she was at that you just “lose track” of the people that help make you great. Happens all the time.

18. designernailsdiana says:

OMG Last nights BB15 was great. I love me a good blindside. That girl crying like her bestest friend in the whole world had just died was hilarious. Is that GinaMarie? These girls are so STUPID if they really think they can find true love in a reality tv show house. These men like their “showmances” and know they will get BB ratings so they play into it.
    BuhBye Nick!! I hope the girls just chip away at the boys and send them out the door one by one. Leave only girls in the end. we all know the girls will eat each other alive and lie to get ahead so that will make good viewing. At least by Bravo standards.

• Laineylainey says:

Diana, I have never watched BB but the scenario you just described makes me want to watch!

• designernailsdiana says:

It’s the best, most controversial season I’ve seen. I usually can’t watch the bimbo’s and dudes being stupid, but not this season.

Spencer’s Mom wrote a letter defending her son’s comments saying he was just trying to blend in and play the game, that normally he is not like that – from Aaryn and GM’s parents/family? *crickets* – makes me wonder if they think their little darlin’s didn’t say anything out of line –

I hope that Aaryn and GM get booted out before jury – this way they lose their stipend – mean I knw, but it is deserved just the same –

• Laineylainey says:

I was wondering how their families feel about all of this. It’s too bad her son felt that joining the meanies would benefit him more than being the person his mom thinks he is.

• realhousewifeva says:

Clearly Aaryn and GinaMarie grew up around this type of environment, IMO. They are waaaay too comfortable talking like this to people who are essentially complete strangers to not have exhibited any of this type of behavior in their real life. They are not even hiding it. They make remarks in front of big groups of people. I`m sure it runs in the family.

20. iceNfire says:

Come on over to the dark side

PrincessP Comic Con is in a couple of weeks. What’s your little Princess going as?

• princesspindy says:

It’s this Wednesday!!!! I just finished, a few minutes ago, fixing the bat on her Batgirl costume and fixing the sleeve on her Star Trek uniform….she went to Anime Expo last week and had a blast! I had to finished the Lord of The Rings costume for that, so I am pretty much done except to take back and forth to the train station…oh and fixing her BFF’s Star Trek uniform, my daughter told me they were the same size…..adding a back panel probably, lol, and maybe a new sleeve….size matters!!

First dust storm of the monsoon season this afternoon and bit of rain. Hopefully we will get more. Of course my lawn guy had just finished the backyard and the wind picked up and all of the bark from neighbors palm trees came flying into my yard. I tossed them back….he,he,he,

Oh boy the dust. I don’t know how you stand it. LOL that you threw the bark right back in their yard. That just makes you mad.

• princesspindy says:

AZ, that reminds me of my mom, when she lived in Granada Hills, the winds were really bad. The neighbor behind her wouldn’t trim her trees even though my mom asked her to many times and everything would blow into our pool not hers. So one day my mom called me to tell me she had had it. She got all the “crap” out of the pool, put it in a big garbage bag, drove over to the woman’s house and dumped out the bag on her porch, lol!! My mom is not like that but I guess everyone has their limits!!

• melthehound says:

Here’s a little tip bethenny.. Don’t want your entire life out there for the gossip, then don’t sell it to help you promote another useless TV Talk show.

• VV says:

Thank you Jeff! She’s the queen if leaking info to the press.

I wonder whose talk show will be cancelled first – Bethenny’s or Kris Kartrashian Jenner’s.

Or Queen Latifa’s talk show. I like her though…just sayin’.

I didn’t even know she was going to have a talk show. I’m so out of the loop sometimes.

• melthehound says:

Maybe both on the same day 😀

Meredith Vieira has a show coming in 2014 too

I didn’t know she is getting one too! There isn’t room in daytime for all of this competition. Didn’t they bring back Ricki Lake only to cancel her before anyone knew she was back – and then she got an emmy nod (or win?) after she’s gone.

Crazy how networks slowly eliminate soaps but think daytime needs more talk shows?!

I like Kris but she shouldn’t do a talk show. That’s not a career path for everyone just because people know who you are.

QL love love her but I’m iffy about this genre for her too. She’s likeable but for daytime tv? IDK.

Meredith Vieira is also doing a show. She has the experience & can probably hold her own but she left today, then Millionaire to be w/her husband more who has MS so I don’t understand this move since a talk show is all in your hands of course w/her producers buy its about her. She will have even less time to be w/her husband. And she’s not hurting for $$$.

Sorry Brandi, not believing the hand is broken, or it would be in a splint and not believe it happened in self defense class – after watching you recorded falling down drunk.

Thanks to NMD and BB for the blog today. 104 today, oh joy. Just read twitter and slim pickins today. Haven’t read the peanut gallery yet. Will do that now! Have good evening! 😀

I just asked my hubs what he is watching on TV and he said “Porky’s.” Must be slim pickin’s on TV tonight. Lol

BB, World Cup Softball is on ESPN!

I know it’s going on. We watched the USA play Canada yesterday. I think we are kind of softballed out after the College World Series. I never thought I’d say that because I love watching softball (fastpitch that is).

Just the person I wanted to see. You will get a laugh out of this one.
          So George just got home to find me watching Jane Velez (HLN News)
          and he said…”What’s wrong with her?” LOL I cracked up.

USA is leading Australia 4 – 0 so far.

Yes, I just told my hubs that softball was on and he said he knew but the game wasn’t that exciting. I guess he likes them a little more competitive. Lol.

Soft.balled out – lol!

Porky’s. Haven’t seen that in yrs. 🙂

Could someone tell me what is a “Body Party” ?! And if you don’t know, but have a smart ass comment, do share 😉 The poll on WWHL asked what person (of The Talk hosts) would you invite to your body party. Sharon Osborne ran away with the votes…I think she is the oldest but hippest one in that crew.

Boston! I saw you stopped by earlier. Did I miss a post of something exciting or special you saved up for last week?!

Yeah I missed all this with Boston too– wishing you the best Boston with whatever this good news is !

If you ever get a chance to hear them live go for it. 2cellos Benedictus (Blessing)

32. VV says:

What’s her name from RHONJ is coming out with a Dessert Cookbook. Who knew RHONJ might be the first HW franchise where all the cast are writers (insert sarcasm).

Good Morning everyone! 😀
    I have too much to do this weekend after being gone last weekend for a wedding. What’s keeping you busy?!

• boston02127 says:

Good morning 🙂 I saw your comment up there ^. I know this doesn’t sound exciting but it was for me. I got a paddle board! I got it from Craig’s List for a great price and it’s in great condition. I had been watching CL for months and months. No more renting them.

You were probably expecting something really big and exciting. I’m easily pleased. 🙂

Cool! Nice relaxing fun. I bet the rental guy is sad, ha! There is lots of paddle boarding going on the river that goes through downtown Austin. Sometimes I see dogs along for the ride.

Paddle boarding sounds fun. I don’t know if I could handle it down here in the sound at OBX because it’s usually kind of choppy. We have kyaks . I’ll have to check it out.

Boston you put everyone out of their misery. We were waiting on pins & needles. Good for you. I hope you enjoy it.

Good morning TexasTart. Busy busy for you huh? You gotta do what you gotta do. 🙂 I’m getting my do done now but I have laundry calling me. When I left I looked at the washing machine thinking “I should’ve started a load last night”. I hate it when I think the next day that I should’ve started last night. Oh well. I’ll be getting my clothes ready for packing. Going to my fam reunion Thurs-Sunday. It should be fun but frankly I’m looking forward to shopping. 🙂
      I hope you at least get to relax & not just be busy.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

At least it’s not raining here this morning – yet. The forecast today is isolated t-showers.

I know BB. It was cloudy looking when I left the house but then the sun made it’s appearance. We shall see how the day goes.

• Lulu says:

Good Morning Powell!!! Ugh laundry!!! So “landlord from hell” continues. We haven’t had a dryer in now almost 7 weeks. Despite the constant calls emails nothing. So finally we are going with plan b which is the you don’t do anything in 14 days we will. Soo annoying!!! I can’t wait till we move!!!!! The states narrowed down to California or Washington!! So hoping in a few weeks we will have an idea of which state we will be living in.

Your reunion sounds exciting!!! Shop shop shop away! Live it up!

The landlord from hell. That man bites it. I’m sure you will be happy to move. I hope you go to Cali. Maybe in DJPs area. She can help you find something. :-). Also I bet your boys will love that. I hope your family is having a good Saturday. Has your little man gone back to the fitness ctr w/his dad? I think he found a GF. That’s why he didn’t want to leave. 🙂

• Chicken Wrangler says:

I vote for Washington! 🙂 I live on the west of the state like NMD. We used to live in California and the weather is perfect there but too expensive for us. Hehe

• Lulu says:

Good Morning Texas Tart!!! Let’s see a baby and a toddler and a very sore DH recovering from his vasectomy yesterday 😦 My hands are full since DH is out of commision for any physical actviity for a week.

34. california35 says:

TGIS!! 🙂
    Good morning everyone 🙂
    Powell and laney how rude of me, i didnt notice you replied yesterday 🙂

Takin’ a break. It’s so dang hot. 106 on my back porch. 😦 Must stay indoors! I found some twitters for y’all to look at from Friday. Pretty quiet on Twitter today – much like here!

Now how do I know if that’s Kenya or Beyonce?!
    TWIRL!

That’s a good pic. They actually got to take a pic since Beyonce doesn’t want any crotch pics taken of her? I hate that. I love Beyonce but I don’t think its right for her to ban photogs from taking pics of her cause she doesn’t want any crotch shots taken. I think that sets a bad precedent wher other artist start demanding the same thing. Sometimes these Stars go to far.

Nene at the concert with friends…

I saw her extensions on Lynn FB & she’s got huge rollers in her head so I hope her hair looks decent. Her hair has looked best on the 100 epi special & in some of her THs it was styled the same. Hopefully she’s fired her hairstylist.

One might need too much testosterone to answer that question…sorry I can’t help you with that one, lol.

Thanks TT. This time the bulls won. 🙂

It’s a long cultural thing Nancy. I hope all those people get injured
          My mother wanted to be a matadora growing up but it’s a VERY long history lesson to get into the cultural signicficance of this in Spain’s culture / then its colonies.

I’m happy at least it’s not hunting down one of the smartest mammals on earth or caging them up like ivory hunting and elephants (the royal families), or dolphins and orcas in water park shows.
          I rationalize to myself that they are not in the top list of smartest animals — what else can I do!?!? All cultures have their “things” ……ugh 😞😞

Nancy this is crazy. A guys thorax stomped on, people gored. Why oh why?

• Mene Seela says:

I remember reading about this in a Hemingway (Fitzgerald?) book about a million years ago. He probably got non Spaniards all excited about particpating.
      At least it’s usually just humans that are injured rather than the livestock.

Nancy, to answer your question: Tourist $$$ probably runs that town for an entire year.

Uh oh! Plainviewsue, what did you say?!
    LOL sorry that I think this is so funny is that Plainviewsue is not a nasty person unless provoked (Richie for example) but Tamra, she is the nasty one. Project much?!

She must be talking about another sue. Our sue is not nasty. Our sue tells it like it is. If Tammy Sue can’t handle that then she’s in the wrong biz.

It’s for sure “our” Sue …
        I didn’t scour through her timeline to find out. But likely as you.say, Powell, she probably just said it like it is! And Tammy Sue can’t handle the truth (imagine a screaming Vicki). Plainviewsue truely works the twitter and gets replies from numerous people in the world of RH…she just doesn’t boast much about it. I imagine she has a pretty good feel of what the popular vibe is on many issues.

I’m watching Flip or Flop on HGTV. House flippers renovate then sell the homes. Anyone watched? I like property flipping shows.

I used to love when Jeff was actually flipping the houses on Flipping Out rather than working with clients.

Can not believe RHOOC had 2.2 million viewers last week. That’s a heck of a lot of people laughing themselves silly with Vicki screaming in ski goggles, lol

Flip or Flop is in OC. The houses they flip are foreclosures so not in Cota de whatever where Vicki lives but they are in nice neighborhoods.

50. Mene Seela says:

I have to admit I’m enjoying the fallout about Leah Remini quitting Scientology. What a group of jerks. They give all religions a bad name. Aren’t they banned in Germany?

• Mene Seela says:

My apologies to any readers who might be Scientologists. Maybe I don’t know enough about the religion. It’s just my impression about them …. is negative.

In my opinion Scientology is NOT a religion. It is a cult. One big common denominator of a cult is they isolate you from your former life/family/friends. Scientology definitely does this with their new “recruits” from everything I’ve read and heard. Since Nicole Kidman divorced Tom Cruise, she has pretty much become persona non grata to the two kids she adopted with him. I don’t believe she’s seen very much of them since. Look at what Katie Holmes had to do to get out of her marriage with him. All the secret maneuvers she had to go through. Pretty scary.

It’s also a pyramid system. The only way you can move up in the “religion” (aka cult)
          is to take these tests which are very expensive. The people on top rule everything.
          I went to nursing school right across the street to their main building. Everyday they
          tried to get us to join. Needless to say I didn’t.

Yes. I can’t remember the name of the show on I’D Investigation, it’s gone of for the season, maybe it was Deadly Devotion, but they had an epi about a lady who met her husband at the church. They were punished for reasons I don’t understand. The 1st time they were punished the wife was pregnant. They separated them. Had her sleeping in an underground parking lot where there were cars & she was breathing the carbonmonoxide. They had all the punished women sleepinh there. She had to go to a gas station to use tge bathroom and bath. They made them eat the leftover food members left on their plates. The men wear uniforms like they are ranked in the Navy. After they had done their penance they went back to where they previously lived. Her husband was promoted then they were punished again & again I don’t understand why. When they served their penance again they said they were getting out. They found an opportunity to leave but they basically had to kidnap their daughter from the daycare ctr. They did get out but then the wife kinda went crazy. She ended up in a mental hospital for a bit. But she got better. In order to officially get out they showed the wife going thru the wringer being questioned, having to take a lie detector & then finally signing some document.

I saw another one were the couple was sent to LA to start the one Tom Cruise, John Travolta and other stars go to. There is a “Star” entrance so they don’t have to mingle w/the common folk. They recruited movie stars, threw lavish parties w/drugs.

Don’t apologize because it’s not a religion. It’s a pseudo-psychology masquerading as a religion that abhors traditional psychology. This and the other FALSE ****religion**** LDS, were both started by fiction-writing narcissistic megalomaniacs.

My only hope is that Leah is really LEAVING this cult completely because some people who leave, only leave the actual “official” church ,cough cough, but then go on to still practice the beliefs elsewhere. Just a change in management. (Kind of like the birth of Lutheranism)
        Most of these people who leave are not really “seeing the light”- they are simply annoyed with how Miscavige is running the place. She may still believe in Xenu and auditing and the aliens. 👽👽👽👽

• Laineylainey says:

Not for a lack of trying…but it’s not banned in Germany,…yet.

This is how animals should be living.

Smirk**

She looks pregnant. I wonder what the “charity” is. Let me guess…Zarin Fabrics.

She’s not a very good representative of her own company – Squeeze Couture. She’s been wearing lots of loose fitting clothes in pics lately.

HA BB I didn’t even think of that. 🙂 You’re right. She’s probably not wearing them.

If she could Bobby wouldn’t dare. He’s spent enough on JZ. You are right she does look it. And she was an asst buyer. Sheesshhh. She doesn’t know how to dress for her body type. It seems she’s gained a few lbs which isn’t bad at all but she needs to dress for her size.

• cusi77 says:

Please READ THIS is so funny! Jill is still pushing the moldy book!!!!

Jill Kamen Zarin ‏@Jillzarin 2h
          RT @jillzarinevents: Who is going to be follower #150? I have a signed copy of @Jillzarin Secrets Of A Jewish Mother for #150 #JillZarinLuxe

Jill Kamen Zarin ‏@Jillzarin 2h

• turtletime! says:

I was wondering what she was doing with all her tweets about parties at her Hamptons home. Wonder if they own or rent that place? Obviously she’s gonna write it off on taxes, since she’s using it for business. Now she’s an event planner. inneresting!!

I just realized Terry said “the paparazzi at Jillzarinluxe”. Both of the 2 paparazzi. LOL.

I had a Starbucks chilled Frappuccinofor the 1st time today. The ones in the glass bottle you buy at the store. I bought vanilla & it wasn’t bad. I don’t like coffee at all & it does have a slight coffe tast but not bad at all.

Did you all know this? When I was st the hairdresser this am a client’s daughter 14 or 15yrs old was telling us that you can make phone calls from your iPod. She got the free app from the Apple store. Her mom said there is no mthly bill for calls or texts. I have an older iPod so I know it wouldn’t work on mine but if you have a newer version you can get the app. All of us ADULTS were like “what. We didn’t know thay”. So another teen a boy was getting his hair cut & the owner asked him if he had an iPod and did he know that. He said no. I had no idea since I only have the older iPod & no other Apple products. Learn something new everyday.

Cable news shows can be so misleading…so I flip the channel looking to find out what goes on with the verdict on Zimmerman and they say the verdict is “about to happen any minute”. 25 minutes later I find the jury is still deliberating (in the 12th hour) amd has NOT communicated anything yet! I hate to be fooled like that. 👿

I know TexasTart. Which channel were you watching? I’ve been flipp to HLN every now and then.

Both CNN and FOX, I flip between when a live event. Fox actually said it could happen “any second”….and maybe it could but everyone knows the judge is notified once they reach a verdict. Then the members of the legal process, law enforcement and the media. There is always an ample waiting period before hand to have everyone present.
        I don’t even think it will happen today. Sure are a lot of people outside the courthouse.

• Catseye says:

Just guessing, but I’d say that they would most likely announce a verdict on such a controversial case on a Sunday nite, more so than on a Saturday afternoon, considering the acts of vandalism which may or hopefully not take place afterward.

• Mene Seela says:

“about to happen any minute”. = stay tuned to this station because ANY minute something might happen!
      If it’s taking this long the jury might be having a hard time deciding between the number of options they have. I don’t know the laws in FL re: # of jurors is needed for a verdict of guilt, acquittal or hung..

I’m pretty sure it’s all 6 of them. (All women this time)

Yep, if you change the channel, you’ll miss everything! LOL

WHY is this 6 jurors? I thought it was 12 in FL. Varies.by county, maybe?! I thought Anthony’s jury was 12.

Lisa Renee….calling Lisa Renee 😎

It looks like 2nd degree murder is off the table. 😦

Hmmmm. So is it looking like it could be not guilty?

I think it will be manslaughter. The jury just asked a question re: manslaughter.
        In Florida that means 10-30 years though.

Depends on what their question is and what the answer is. It is smart of the judge and both sides of counsel to make the jury ask a specific question. I have a question. IF the jury finds him guilty of manslaughter, do they get to recommend what the sentence will be or will that be purely up the judge?

Nancy I see the jury wants clarification on manslaughter.

57. Mene Seela says:

IT director who raised questions about Zimmerman case is fired

Ben Kruidbos had been on paid administrative leave since May 28 from his job as director of information technology for the State Attorney’s Office.

A spokeswoman for Fourth Judicial Circuit State Attorney Angela Corey said Kruidbos was no longer an employee of the office.

Kruidbos testified before Zimmerman’s trial began that Martin’s cell phone contained images of Martin blowing smoke, images of marijuana and deleted text messages regarding a transaction for a firearm and that those images had not been given to Zimmerman’s defense team.

He received the termination letter, dated July 11, on Friday, the same day jurors began deliberating Zimmerman’s case. The letter states: “It has come to our attention that you violated numerous State Attorney’s Office (SAO) policies and procedures and have engaged in deliberate misconduct that is especially egregious in light of your position.”

Verdict has been made.

• Catseye says:

Guess I was wrong, they decided to announce it anyway–not guilty. (I sincerely hope no one gets hurt).

I know we’re all waiting for the verdict to be read, but this video is great thanks to the FDNY.

Not Guilty.

Not freakin guilty. I knew it. Fire the prosecution. They did nothing.

I could have tried this case and at least gotten manslaughter.

63. chismosa says:

Something is woefully wrong with the prosecution teams in Florida.

Just wondering did they ever show the pictures of what TM looked like at the time of the murder? I keep reading complaints that those photos were never released. So I’m simply wondering. I feel like they were, briefly.

17 year old is not considered a child in many other law-issues, right? Juvenile/ adult/ rape issues …. 17 is considered an adult (legal-wise).

A child’s brain is not fully developed until 25 but we allow drinking and voting and driving before that.

• Laineylainey says:

Regardless of how he looked at the time of his death…he didn’t deserve to die. IMO

Lainey i agree. I feel something is wrong mentally with Zimmerman. His brother is extremely bright, but for this guy to walk around with a gun— and he was dying to be in the police— why exactly was he not accepted?
          I think something mentally is off-balance with him.

Florida is just very messed up all around. I don’t want my parents moving there!
          😮

Lainey my point also was just that in the eyes of the LAW- not in the medical field, not in mommy and daddy land, etc.— a 17 year old is not a ‘child’ and they keep referring to him as such. In reality i think he towered over George. Not sure— don’t quote me!
          It would have been fair to show what he really looked like, height and weight-wise and to George’s height and weight. They made George out to be SO much larger when in fact i don’t think that was true.
          Yes it does not MATTER – someone was shot and killed but they keep showing the pictures of him at like 15 or 12!? That is not what he looked like. The media sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          and as for shooting in the leg– i agree—- no need to ‘shoot to kill’ – but if it was played out the way GZ and the neighbor on the exact line of sight saw it— one man on top of another— then maybe the gun just went off? Who the hell knows.
          The guns just have to end and this stand your ground $hit has to end, like the reporters were saying. Ridiculous. Florida is the joke of the nation. Don’t police in London not even carry guns? I may be thinking of another city.

Yeah. No convictions in Fl.

64. Mene Seela says:

All I can say is this has been a very confusing case for everyone. The racial aspect has made unneccesary volitale.

• djprincessc says:

I agree Mene, I don’t understand the racial aspect of it. Zimmerman isn’t only white. He’s half Peruvian as well but nobody reports on it. I don’t agree with him killing the kid, he should have listened to not follow but he didn’t. Idk if it was self defense but what does one do in a situation like that? I do know that they make it seem like the kid was an angel when he wasn’t, he had drugs in his system that was found in the autopsy. If the media reported on EVERYTHING I’m sure the race card wouldn’t be the main issue.

Hi dj,
        Nice to see you again. Did you hear Zimmermans conversation with 911?
        He called Travons race “Coons”. I call that being a racist.

• djprincessc says:

Hiiiiii Nancy!!!! I know I’ve been MIA! Been busy with work, so I’ve been trying to read the blog as much as possible! How are you??

I would agree that calling him that is racist if black people didn’t call each other the N word left and right. I listen to a lot of hip hop and have black friends and the way MOST (not all) speak to each other is a million times worse. So the race card thing for me is VERY played out. I do think that if he was going to shoot him he should have just shot him in the leg or a warning shot to scare him? Idk its sad he was killed.

Hi again,
            I hear what you are saying but I don’t think someone would use those names
            during a 911 call esp if you were not African American.

That’s complete and utter bs. He did NOT say coons. That bit of nonsense was definitively debunked months ago.

• Dixie says:

Testimony was that he did not call him “coon”.

Another media misconception. If the media had actually reported facts instead of speculation, this country would not feel so divided.

DJ my mom is from the same country as his mom, though his mother looks more native/non Spaniard to me, but I heard on various news channels that he “identifies” as white. He’s quite dark to identify as such but yeah.

About three different reporters/ experts said tonight if it was a black kid/adult who killed a black 17 year old it wouldn’t have become all this.
        I watch my nightly news here and almost every night there’s a shooting in the Bronx or in Newark. No hoopla.

Nancy– I never heard that part. Maybe he has some self-racial hatred or something going on. I had never heard that and I’m surprised they didn’t make a bigger deal of that if it
        was true.

Hi chismosa,
          If I can remember it went like this…”These Coons get away with it all the time.”

• Mene Seela says:

He said punks, not coons.

I heard that 911 call many time and that is what I heard as well.

I know what I heard. (Many times in fact)

• Mene Seela says:

CNN’s Martin Savidge told Brooke Baldwin that audio forensics expert Tom Owen determined George Zimmerman said punks on the 9-1-1 call he made the night he shot Trayvon Martin, not a racial slur as has been previously reported.

“Martin, you’ve gotten ahead of this newly enhanced audio. what does it reveal?” Baldwin asked Savidge.

“Let me tell you how this all happened,” Savidge explained. “Last night, I had a conversation with attorneys that represent George Zimmerman and I specifically asked about the issue of the racial slur because it is so inflammatory in the whole story. They said Zimmerman never made it. I said have you asked George Zimmerman about that. They said, yes, they did, George told them the words he used were f-ng punks and I got a hold of Owen Forensic Services, a company that specializes in audio enhancement and improvement. The first thing he noticed is at the very moment George Zimmerman says whatever comes out of his mouth, the phone takes a hit — whether a electronic interference hit or may have physically been bumped and had that distorted what was recorded and what everybody says they heard. He was able to isolate that interference, remove it, slow it down to a few other things and this is what he got.”
                    Savidge then played Owen’s clearer new audio.

“What he says, analyzing it carefully and clearly, is the word punks. Essentially what we have here, a lot of questions still about what George Zimmerman did on the night that he shot Trayvon Martin. His attorneys and at least one audio analyst expert say he did not use a racial slur,” Savidge reported.

I think you heard wrong Nancy.

He didn’t say coons. Do you honestly think if he had that the prosecution wouldn’t have used it? Of course they would have. It would have been the center piece of their case. The ‘coon’ accusation was thoroughly debunked a long time ago.

Nancy i really don’t think it was that word. If so, this would have really been a HUGE deal. That word is NOT to be used. Even if he used the N-word! I think it is true that it was proven he said something else.>>>> Mene said

• djprincessc says:

Chismosa, I HATE the race card. Its over played and killed to death. The media just really causes so much division its crazy. As a hispanic person I just don’t get it. Black ppl kill black people ALL THE TIME! Have you ever seen “The First 48”?? I mean the black on black and hispanic on hispanic violence is undeniable!

The kid looked suspicious, the guy went after him when he should’ve just waited for the cops but didn’t and got in a fight and in the heat of the moment killed him and was wrong.

• Laineylainey says:

Even if he wasn’t an angel, even if He had drugs in his system, he did not deserve to be shot and killed. IMO.

Hi Lainey. My heart is breaking for his parents.

• Laineylainey says:

Yeah, heartbreak and feelings of injustice all over again. My son sent me a text tonight, “I love this country, but it’s too bad we have to be reminded again that the life of a brown skinned person is of litte or no value.” People who called in, said they heard someone screaming and crying for help…and then after the cries for help…they heard a pop. He must have been so terrified those last moments of his life.

ITA. 😦

George Zimmerman is a brown person too

plus we don’t know who exactly was screaming…. do we? Was that for certain decided at the trial- i hadn’t realized it was. Sorry i was not following super closely.
              i thought the Japanese voice analyst and the dueling ear-witness testimonials made it seem like there was no conclusion as to who was screaming.

At the trial, Zimmerman’s mom and close friend and co-workers s said it was Zimmerman screaming and Martin’s parents said it was Martin screaming.

• Laineylainey says:

I wasn’t there either…duh…but the guy with the gun was screaming for help? Logically, his gun was his helper, but since I wasn’t there I don’t know if the man with the gun was screaming for help or if it was the unarmed man screaming for help.
                  Can’t say for certain. But we do know that one of them was shot dead.

I wasn’t there either. I was just saying what was said at the trial. I’m not going to speculate since I wasn’t there. I’ll let others do that.

• Laineylainey says:

Ok, I am cool with that. I did not watch the trial so thanks for sharing what was said.

His parents were very very composed. Truly. I do commend that.

• djprincessc says:

Agreed, but when you put yourself in situations that you shouldn’t be in, things like this happen. He looked suspicious he had been in trouble quite a few times before one for graffiti and one for burglary. Its not like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, he looked up to no good. We all have had those moments where we see someone doing someone and “it just doesn’t look or feel right”. Kids aren’t what they used to be anymore and can’t be seen as totally harmless these days, I love kids but its a sad reality today. Kids/teenagers get a hold of guns, shoot people, parents etc and kill all the time. I don’t like that he was killed and don’t agree with what the guy did but it’s not about race. There are many conflicting reports on what neighbors heard/saw so only Zimmerman and Trayvon really know what happened. Like I said it is sad.

DJ you’re right and if the ‘kid’ jumped on top of GZ like G says he did (and yes, TM is not blessed to be alive to counter with his side of how events transpired)— he could have been bashing GZ’s head which would then have made GZ scream. We don’t know because both sides were not there and then evenso, it would be one side vs. another.
            If only there were damn cameras in that courtyard area.

• ms molli says:

So… dj – you’re saying that because he looked “suspicious and had been in trouble two previous times and he “looked up to no good” it’s ok that he was stalked and ultimately killed. I guess it’s all about the “look”.

That’s what I’m hearing too, ms. Molli

• djprincessc says:

Not all all, I guess you haven’t read the parts where I’ve said OVER and OVER that he SHOULD’NT have been killed and that I DON’T agree with it. But obviously you’re missing my point that when you put yourself in bad situations, bad things happen. If he wasn’t out and about looking into peoples homes like he was up to something he wouldn’t be dead.

You mean to tell me Ms. Molli that you have NEVER made a judgement or gone off of instinct because of how someone looks? Or you have NEVER gone with your gut because something just didn’t feel right??? If so then you aren’t human and I want to know you’re secret!

Again, I don’t agree with GZ NOT listening and shooting him.

• Catseye says:

I agree with you 100% dj.

• Dixie says:

GZ is a quarter black; his grandmother was black.

He wasn’t following TM only because he was black; he was following him, with the 911 operator on the line with him, because there had been numerous burglaries and home invasions in that neighborhood made by young black males. If there hadn’t been a crime wave in that neighborhood, I don’t think GZ would have given him another thought. By the way, profiling is not a crime. Neither following someone you think is acting suspicious. It may not be good judgment, but that is not a crime either.

You know what is a crime? Jumping someone and assaulting them and bashing their head into a concrete sidewalk. That is was the forensic evidence showed TM did to GZ; even the state’s own witnesses’ testimony supported GZ’s version of events. If TM didn’t like being followed by GZ, he could have called the police. He could have called GZ a “crazy assed cracker” to his face. He could have done a lot of things other than assaulting him.

I hate TM is dead, but to say he was some innocent child in this matter is totally ignoring the facts in this case.

well said. Didn’t realize he was 1/4 Afro-S.American. Interesting. Of course the media wouldn’t say that…. 🙄

• ms molli says:

Dixie… the 911 operator told gz NOT to follow which he disregarded and followed, chased, ran after, stalked and killed TM…on the pretense according to gz that he “was afraid”. And gz could have by all accounts identified himself initially as “neighborhood watch” , but alas he “was afraid”. Oh and he could have stayed in his vehicle – problem eliminated!!!!!

I agree and thought this guy was too gun-happy to begin with. I never understood why he kept following.

Bottom line is the gun thing. If he couldn’t carry one legally then this would never have happened.

• Dixie says:

ms mollie, that is not what the 911 operator testified to. Again, you are getting your information from the media which is not reporting what was actually put into evidence. I understand why people are upset based on what the media is reporting, but if they have the opportunity to read the actual transcripts they may understand why the jury found GZ not guilty.

The media is guilty of malpractice. They want to divide this country because it boosts ratings. It is despicible.

• djprincessc says:

Beyond 100% agree with your statement on the Media Dixie and its truly disgusting.

• Laineylainey says:

I don’t care how many 5ths or 4ths part black or Peruvian or Martian Mr. Z is; I don’t understand why this keeps being mentioned.

• djprincessc says:

Lainey its because the main focus of this whole case has been that GZ went after Trayvon bc he was black. Thats why people are protesting and I’ve seen and read numerous black celebrities tweeting and instgraming about his race. Its brought up bc the media has made it the focal part when I just don’t think that was the reason at all.

• Laineylainey says:

Ok, dj fair enough, however, GZ’s heritage, has not been my focus at all. And btw – I have seen that you are stating your opinions and still expressing empathy for the deceased. I can relate to that. You are not vilifying Trayvon, you’re sharing your honest thoughts and views. This board is really tame and kind compared with much of the rhetoric floating around on the information super highway. It’s all good. My son who is a skater, also an “A”ish student and law abiding citizen, has been roughed up by cops, humiliated by assistant principals, teachers, ….turn our pockets inside out young man, had his car searched on campus…etc…simply because of the way he looked/dressed, whatever. While the popular football players were coddled, pampered, allowed to bully people, allowed to get a c when they really deserved an f…..and after graduation they are now being busted for drugs, assault, etc. This whole, “he looks suspicious” brings back bad memories. I am not without empathy for GZ’s family, however.

Suspicious is in the eye of the beholder, you know? This reminds of a time when one of my coworkers showed me a picture of a Caucasion man in a suit. She said what is your gut feeling of this man? I said, you really want my honest answer? She said yes,…and I told her what my gut feeling was. I said, he looks suspicious to me, kinda pervy, and I wouldn’t want to be alone with him in an elevator. He scares me. She was shocked and said that everyone else had said that he looked like a nice guy, a professional, etc. I pointed out to her that I am the only non-white employee in that office and that we all see things according to our own life experiences. Oh, and by the way, she was showing pictures of the Craigslist killer. I was right. That time. I didn’t think I was being racist; the guy in the pic scared me. But was I being racist? Unfortunately, we our hubby and i, have had violent crimes committed against family members (not our kids,..knock wood),…sexual assault, armed robbery, child molestation, etc. and the perps have been from various races. Then we have the legal crimes committed,like when my hubby was “laid off” right before he was vested, or right before the quarterly bonuses were paid…ok, that’s a whole other topic. But I do think those corporate assholes who “steal” from their employees and investors get away with it for the most part. Wow, talk about going off on a tangent. I guess, I’m saying suspicious looking is in the eye of the beholder. No one suspects those corporate assholes in expensive suits of being suspicious looking.

He was unarmed.

• Rebecca says:

I actually didn’t look at this as a race situation. George Zimmerman wanted to play cop. He ASSUMED that a kid walking home in the rain eating skittle was a criminal and he was going to take care of him. Here are the FACTS;

George ZImmerman was driving home one night, and Trayvon Martin was walking home (where he was syating) one night.
        Zimmerman spots him and calls the police. He tells them he suspects Martin is on drugs. The operator tells him they are dispatching a cruiser.
        ZImmerman claims Martin started running, grabs his gun, loads a bullet in the chamber, and gets out of the car.
        The operator tells him to stop. “We don’t need you to do that.”
        Fight ensues and both yell for help.
        Martin was found dead 70 yards from the townhouse.

The reason this case is SUCH a big deal, is that the police were never going to charge George ZImmerman with anything. They took statements and that was it. ZImmerman has a history of violent behavior (assaulting a girlfriend and assaulting a police officer) and was carrying around a loaded gun. The race of either man doesn’t really matter, walking home from the 7-11 enjoying a back of skittle is NOT a crime.

From what I understand, Zimmerman was not covered in blood. If he shot up at Martin – he should have Trayvon Martin’s had blood all over him.

• Rebecca says:

(someday I am going to learn to type)

• Laineylainey says:

I didn’t see it as a race thing either. I only said he was unarmed in that comment. In fact I never said the word racist. I shared the text my son sent. I thought it was sad that he felt that way.

65. Vegas Chick says:

Hey All, Thanks for all your kind words and well wishes regarding the fire just outside LV. I responded but it was a day or so later so if you didn’t catch my post, thanks again. Fire is at 60% containment now so we are almost home free. Skies have been clear and blue for the last two days. The firerfighters deserve so much praise for the awesome job that they have done despite many obstactes…. truly pros and heroes in my book.

As I posted on FB to friends, I would rather hear about your success in reaching Level whatever or winning a Jackpot on Whatever game that you are playing as opposed to some of the rants re: the George Zimmerman trial. Not to be a cynic, but I lost faith in our justice system at an early age. Justice is and alway will be determined by what you can afford. It has nothing to do with race nor does it have to with being guilty v non-gulty. IMHO, there have been too many examples when peeps walked free when they shouldn’t have or been persecuted when they shouldn’t have to support my position on the subject.

Of course, none of it applies to the Gorgas v Guidicies. They are living in their own world and it’s probably a good idea if we export all of them to Pluto…. 🙂

Hey Vegas, glad to hear you are getting better out there. Stay safe!

I agree– our justice system sucks- i don’t know why all the people on tv say we have the best system— why? who? i don’t get it???
      Florida’s counties need better prosecutors also. And better laws in terms of carrying guns. jmho 😦

• melthehound says:

I think the justice system worked exactly as it was supposed to… Too many conflicting reports, no one knew for sure what exactly happened, people can’t even agree on what was said on the 911 tape. Even in reading through this discussion about what was said during the trial. You cannot, fortunately, convict someone of murder, based on emotions.

Well said. The press, in this case, were just despicable.

• Laineylainey says:

But you can gun them down for looking suspicious and looking like they are up to no good. He was asked not to pursue the suspicious looking person. Trayvon is dead for looking and acting suspicious, but gz is free now. Not faulting the jury, MTH. Just disappointed with the whole thing.

• Dixie says:

The evidence presented was that he was not given an instruction not to pursue. That is a media misconception that exists even after the 911 operator testified that she did not say it.

I know everyone is busy and we have to get our information from the news, but they have NOT been reporting the facts. For people interested in getting good information about the trial, I would suggest they read Jeralyn Merrit at Talk Left and Andrew Branco at Legal Insurrection. Both are attorneys and they discuss the evidence as presented. One is a conservative site, the other a left site. Both agreed that GZ should have been found not guilty based on the evidence presented.

In my opinion, it isn’t that the prosecution did a bad job, it is there was no evidence to support that GZ acted in any other manner than self defense, If there had been facts to support that GZ was chasing down an innocent teenager and shot him in cold blood, then he would have been convicted.

Really good advice, i may look into those sites Thanks. You boiled it down in a nutshell. I guess the bottom line is it was a tough case to actually prove and maybe one shouldn’t blame the prosecution team. Thanks for summing it up so well.
              After being on the phone with Microsoft for 40 minutes, maybe i can summon some energy to go to those sites you mentioned.

Ahhh serenity now………………………….. 😦

If the prosecution cannot prove their case, the jury can’t convict. The prosecution didn’t prove their case and the jury couldn’t convict. That’s how the justice system works. Jury decisions should not be made based on public opinion, feelings or emotions,. They should be made based on the facts they’re presented DURING THE TRIAL ONLY and according to the instructions handed to them by the presiding judge. The media can spin it any way they want. They lost their credibility with me long ago.

i feel lame asking this- but this jury was sequestered right? i mean i should know that at least….

It’s clear to me those that comment who did not watch the trial. If you didn’t – you don’t have a basis of information the jury had to work with. And furthermore we are not privy to all the directions and questions the jury had to deal with. I just want to echo everything BB said in her “DURING THE TRIAL ONLY” post.

I’m sorry, i didn’t have time to watch the trial 12 hrs/ 5 days a week- i just caught what i could. So i’m sorry if my questions seemed out of line. Didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers

Your questions were not out of line – some of them were good questions, so no feathers were ruffled, chismosa.

• Laineylainey says:

Yes, I am aware of the fact that I didn’t watch the trial, and that we are not privy to all the directions and questions the jury had to deal with. That is a given, so to speak. Even though I know all of that, I still felt and still feel it is ok, to express myself here. Sometimes, ummm…many times I don’t watch the housewives, but I still post my comments and opinions here even if they come off as uninformed, misinformed, etc. Someone is always quick to point out why they think I’m wrong or right etc. And that’s ok, I find it stimulating and I actually do learn quite a bit from all of you. But unlike my friend Chismosa, I am NOT sorry if feathers were ruffled. IMO That should be a warning on this board. “Feathers will be ruffled.”

it ‘worked’ MTH- but i don’t know if we should say it’s the ‘best’. jmho

• melthehound says:

I think it’s pretty damn good, Chismosa.. Perfect? far from it. Innocent people get convicted and guilty people walk free. It’s a far cry however from things like public lynchings, and thrown in prison just because you look like somebody that may have done something, without the benefit of it being proven. The Flaw in it, as I see it, is our ‘press’, which is a term I use very loosely. There are bloggers here, who report on the stupidest of shit, reality television, who could do a much better job than most of the talking heads we have nowadays. We all know, or I hope we do, that if this were white on white, or black on black, we would have never heard anything about it other than as a test case for stand your ground.

Best==perfect, what I meant yes.

• jezzibel says:

George Zimmerman has been found not guilty by the justice system, however like anyone that has ever had to take the life of another person be it in war or in violent confrontation, it leaves a mark on your soul that never fades, and it will stay with him the rest of his life and into the hereafter, so he is paying the price for his actions in a way that no court or jury could ever do to him.

very well said.
                It’s sad for the cases we don’t know the EXACTS on– for instance Casey Anthony, or JonBenet Ramsey… though there are strong ideas on who did what to whom.

This man will or should move to some far far away state, or even country. And his brother should be worried because he looks JUST like him.

I can’t sleep. I am not a Glee fan, but this is very sad.

• Mene Seela says:

My God. So young! What on Earth happened? Vey sad.

He was just in rehab recently and they don’t suspect foul play, so my guess is an overdose although that hasn’t been established.

• Mene Seela says:

That is very very sad for his family.
          I think I need to hugs my babies and hubby then go to sleep for the night.

woopsie, i just said the same thing…
          yes, is this a fact? that after getting clean- one can overdose very easily? I keep thinking of my favorite movies 28 Days with Sandra Bullock …..
          i feel like the system is not prepared and it just blows. Poor guy.

holy $hit! wow! he must have had serious problems. poor guy. I thought he just got out of rehab. It’s like they say in those reality rehab shows- you get clean then that one time you try it again, you just OD. oh poor guy.

Omg! NO!

Very sad.

67. chismosa says:

i’m trying to input a gravatar pic and i just GIVE UP. i hate wordpress.

what a $hitty night all around.

68. chismosa says:

ok trying now. pardon the post

and once again … with passion ???

Once you do a gravatar, it takes about 5 or 10 minutest to show up. Not sure if you did it correctly or it just hasn’t “appeared” yet.

i’m here i’m here! time for a martini at 11 am. yay!
          i still don’t get it, don’t know if it will show up on my phone. Ughhhhh

well nighty night to all youse who go to sleep, get ready for $hitshow sunday

• djprincessc says:

Chismosa!! I meant to reply to the other post from a couple days ago! I don’t even remember anymore what we were really talking about and too lazy to search for it, lol. But I do remember you asked about Tory Burch. I have decided to not go in that direction and just stay in real estate. I don’t want to stay as a realtor as my primary job but really what I have been looking for is working as a real estate assistant where there is less pressure/stress on me and more stability. I’m even thinking about going to UCLA extension and getting some type of certification in real estate that might help me get a different type of job in real estate thats not as an assistant.

But funny story is that I’ve been helping a guy that I dated briefly a couple of years ago find a house and boy has it been an experience. Men are SO weird! He’s very lucky I’m helping him with the way things ended with us before!! lol! He’s a fireman so you can just imagine a ladies man. *eyeroll*

Anyway, whats new with youuuuuu???? 🙂

Nothing new with me, but thanks for asking. Getting ready foe incredible heat wave this upcoming week.
        I’m glad you were able to make a decision for your career path. That’s great.
        The uncertainty in RE is so tough. I agree with you doing an assistant thing. Good for you!

• djprincessc says:

It is. I’m so tired of it, I miss getting payed like a normal person every 2 weeks instead of big checks every couple months or so. The unpredictably of it is really stressful for me, I’m a huge planner.

The heat here in CA has been disgusting and humid very not summer like! I can’t even imagine how bad it is for you! 😦

Good night all. I’m going to “try” to go to sleep now. This insomnia doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it’s awful. Good thing I don’t have to babysit tomorrow. Lol.

Looking at the seven day forecast, JNNTJ should have a great week here at the Outer Banks. Today will be mostly sunny with a high of 83 degrees. Will get hotter as the week goes on.

She’s going to have it much better than up here BB! We’re going to be ‘feeling’ in the 100’s according the forecast. Excellent week to be AWAY from here. Lucky Jill

71. chismosa says:

Lainey if you see this— or else i’ll post it later today– i finally watched The Bridge. Surprisingly i liked it. It’s like a drawn out episode of Criminal Minds. I have a couple of questions so if i catch you i’ll ask you….

• california35 says:

You did!!?? I recorded it and will watch today, i hope. No one i know (as usual) know about it. I happens to see a commercial of it and saw an actor i like, so it or my attention. Glad to see you watched then i can talk about it with you 🙂

Cali it was good. I generally like FX shows. I missed out on The Americans which I’m mad about.

Definitely we’ll discuss!

—–^^^^^Powell, I kept looking up the Spanish meanings of some of the slang terms.
        I didnt realize the fantastic actress from Maria Full of Grace was in it too – 2 Oscar nominees on this show.

And a nice cameo by Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration for any Office-watchers 😆😆

The Bridge was very good chismosa. Know that I know there will be constant subtitles I will pay much closer attention.

• california35 says:

Subtitles !? Intrigued 😀 that means there will be a lot of Spanish 🙂 I will like that, and i hope that doesn’t turn people off.

• Laineylainey says:

It should help to dvr it so you can go back….that may be annoying to viewers. I hope not, as it is a good show!

• Laineylainey says:

Ask away, mi amor! Not sure i will actually have any answers for ya, but ask away! 👂👂👂👂👂 I am listening!

72. california35 says:

Good morning and happy Sunday!
    I will be able around more today. Yesterday between the cleaning, walking my dog, visiting with a friend, etc etc my day ended up very busy. Thats great! I enjoyed it 🙂 but i didnt visited with you guys as i thought 🙂

Oh and you came for such a FUN day! Sunday, New Jersey, yay! Post-Zimmerman verdict. Long Island princesses.
      Gag😤😤😤
      Just kidding, glad to see you !
      Happy Sunday to you 🌷☀☀

• california35 says:

Hehehe, im watching my DVR stuff. Not that much these days. On to the exes right now. Funny show.

Good morning everyone. It was all rain & thunderstorms last night so hopefully it will be good today. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

74. melthehound says:

Morning everyone… I’ve told you about my in real life friend with the cats before.. Last year her mother was diagnosed with Dementia. 3 weeks ago, she started on a fast downhill slide and this morning, I just now got the voice mail, she passed away. There’s a whole lot of detail I won’t go into out of respect for my friend but if you have some positive light to send to her, I would appreciate it. I think her mother was in her late 80s.

See you all later for the NJ Chat.