Big Brother – Managing the blowback of Racism

Today is a BIG Big Brother Blog

I’ll be addressing my views on what has been going on in and out of the house – so for those of you that are worried about spoilers – you may want to skip this blog.  But first – we have Leslie’s recap of what we were shown on the “cough” live show on Thursday night.  NMD

Big Brother – Trending Threats BB15 – Thurs. Aug 1,2013 – Eviction & HOH Comp

By: Leslie Lovette

Howard, Candice, or Amanda will leave the BB House. With Spencer having won POV Wednesday night, Candice is now on the block with both Howard (who the house believes is a threat) and Amanda (who is actually a threat & running the house). Candice believes Aaryn is waving a rebel flag behind her eyes, seeing as both her and Howard are on the block. (odd, because Aaryn is just doing Amanda & Helen’s dirty work. It wasn’t even Aaryn’s decision to put up Howard & Candice) As Howards bestie, Spencer will think of any way to keep him here this week. He tries to rally some troops to vote out Amanda, however Andy was involved in that troop and as the gingy talking floater he takes that info directly to Amanda.

Amanda,all big and mighty, calls out Spencer to his face and threatens him she knows his plan. I think it didn’t quite go the way she expected (you know, she bullies and rallies and manipulates and the other person crumbles and agrees and kisses her ring)…because Spencer doesn’t take her crap and throws it back in her face. He was calm, never raised his voice, and just said it like it is. “I’m not going to kiss your ass!” He also tried to lie and say he was targeting Candice and not her..oops! This game of telephone sets a flame as Helen takes this info to Candice, she’s not happy about it, so she calls a House Meeting in a t-shirt. Basically Candice and her tassles threw herself under the bus by calling Spencer out and having a melt down. She threatens Spencer that he’ll go home next week for trying to campaign against her, she tries to be intimidating, and its actually just hilarity! And a lot of tassles flying. Howard is trying to not look up and show his amusement with what Candice is doing to herself. I think Spencer is sleeping behind his big sunglasses, because that is how threatening this is. Jessie is getting fed up with Candice’s temper, and I don’t blame her.

Julie comes back on and updates the houseguests with all the famous babies born this summer, Brittany’s little girl Tilly, Kimye’s poor kiddo North, (seriously this is just stupid. Not that I expected more from Kimye..) and the royal baby Alexander. Judd is rocking his Wally-world bear shirt and poppin his eyes out of his head. CBS then takes us to Judd’s hometown Etowah, Tenn. and evidently his cbs fame is the biggest thing in his town since electricity! Judd is going in the almanac for Etowah, Tenn! His friends and family (that’s his entire town) throw Judd a parade and show watching party at the bar, or was that city hall? It’s adorable to show a bit of southern living and how close everyone is! Being from the south myself, I can connect with that. Although, it’s not always fun having everyone (and I mean everyone from your neighbor, the owner of the farm rental equipment, the mayor, to the school janitor) know your business.

We are now to the live eviction! (everyone is in athletic gear! I LOVE IT! Endurance comp here we come!) But wait just a second, whip out the garbage bags! As there speeches unfold, so does some marriage news. Mccrea and Amanda are BB engaged!! The Votes are as follows: Helen, Elissa, Mccrea, Andy, Judd, Gems, & Jessie vote to evict Howard. Leaving Spencer the lone houseguest voting out Candice. The moving company is slowly getting moved out of the BB House and Howard is evicted, he gone! I kind of feel bad for the guy, he never got a chance to actually show his strength and win some comps. Unless, it’s all a façade and he really just sucks.

Julie sits down with him and asks him about the racial slurs and how he felt about it. He said in the real world you can walk away from those situations, but since the BB House is an alternate universe he prayed and took the higher road and just avoided it. I have to give him HUUUUUGE props for not doing anything, or saying anything, or reacting in any kind of way. (I know I would have lost my temper and gone cray on someones ass!) One, you could say he wussed out by not saying anything. But I don’t see it that way. I see it as he really rose above the ignorance and kept his cool. Nicely done Howard, nicely done. I respect that. Howard explains Candice was only a friend and they bonded over the racial ignorance that came out of some peoples mouths.

We are now onto the HOH Comp and it is endurance!! My favorite! They have to stand on a large rolling log while holding onto a bull head. If they let go of the bull head it will crash into a china cabinet and therefore, eliminating them from winning HOH. It is comedy from the get go! Elissa drops to her knees and is being dragged on the rotating log, however, she never lets go of her bull head and is drug on the log. She somehow manages to get back up on her feet! However, I don’t know for mow much longer. Elissa walking on that rotating log looks like she’s trying to walk backwards, or fight against the rotation. I don’t know what she’s doing? She’s stomping and leaning backwards and making this waaay harder than it should be. All while the other houseguests are walking as if strolling through the park. I hope her yoga focus kicks into high gear soon.

Julie then tempts the first 3 houseguests to jump/fall off with three boxes, one containing $5,000! I wonder what the other two boxes have? Hopefully one has a unitard!! Before CBS signs off Julie warns the houseguests the log will be rotating faster! So far everyone looks content. Even Elissa is upright and walking like she’s walked before. I don’t know who I’m rooting for, but I think I’d like to see Amanda actually get some blood on her hands this week. For once! Everyone else has been doing her dirty work for her. (Not like they’ve had much say) Who are you rooting for to win HOH??

__________________________________________________

What is Really Going on at CBS and BB by NMD

First of all, Thursday’s live show was not live.  CBS – fearing backlash with Howard’s eviction – staged the “live” show at noon with the audience stacked with CBS employees.  Real audience members (ticket holders) were sent home and told they could come to another taping.  The only part that was live was the start of the HOH competition.

Leslie mentioned that Aaryn – who has been shown on CBS making racist comments – wasn’t really responsible for Howard’s eviction.  That’s pretty much true – Helen and Amanda were behind getting Howard out of the house.  Helen never trusted Howard because he didn’t vote to keep Alissa in the house during the Nick/Alissa vote – instead he voted with his alliance – The Moving Company.  So basically Howard was evicted because of game play – not race. My guess is CBS was more worried about Howard’s reaction when he was in the hot seat with Julie Chen.

Howard now has the unenviable task of having to explain his actions in the house.  When Aaryn was taunting Candace and “stealing” her bed, Howard physically removed Candace from the situation and calmed her down.  On the “live” show Julie asked him about this incident – and he said a few resonating phrases – such as “taking the high road” and “controlling his temper”.  He couldn’t have scripted it better.  The suspicious part of me wonders if he had a little help coming up with those talking points so that he wouldn’t receive any backlash for what happened in the house.  I hope so.  Howard was stuck between a rock and a hard place in that house.  I’m sure many people would have liked to see him stand up to the racism.

One thing that hasn’t been addressed is Spencer’s racist remarks. Spencer was Howard’s best friend in the house – but Julie didn’t mention Spencer’s name once.  Again I think that was to protect Howard.  They are giving him time to absorb the news that one of the few people he trusted in the house was a bigot.  That’s hard to swallow.

So what is going on now?

The HOH competition went on for over an hour.  Eventually GinaMarie and McRae were the last two standing.  Even though they both swore the other would be safe – they couldn’t cut a deal because of the MVP wildcard nominations.  Eventually GinaMarie won.  Apparently she’s desperate to get some hair dye and wouldn’t give up.  McRae was in it for the HOH bed and some privacy with his bride Amanda (ewww – cameras people).   So now we have another person who has been making racist remarks as HOH.

GinaMarie nominated Candace and Jessie for eviction.  She and Aaryn both want Candace out.  That’s not good news for CBS.  It looks like they will have to do another fake live show next week.  We have to remember that these two women are completely ignorant.  Even though presumably they were warned by production to stop with the racist remarks, the won’t stop them from racist actions.  It will be impossible to know if they hate Candace for the color of her skin or for her gameplay.

Candace has no where near the constraint of Howard, and we can expect this week to be tense.   We can also expect her to speak her mind once she leaves the house. I have to say I’m looking forward to that.  The more people talk about these issues – the less ignorance can be an excuse.

__________________________________________________

Happy Birthday Contessa

__________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Big Brother 14 plus and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

207 Responses to Big Brother – Managing the blowback of Racism

1. VV says:

A plug for Tre:

@Teresa_Giudice: Fabulicious On the Grill Book signing
    August 14
    POSCHE
    1210 Hamburg Turnpike
    Wayne
    6:30-8:30
    Books available for purchase night of signing

Original Message:

VV I’m confused. Tre is having a book signing at Posche? I am very confused at Tre & Kim’s relationship. Last season Kim supported Tre. This season Kim has just talked smack about Tre.

Kim has been very vocal in the tabloids supporting Teresa-I don’t remember her talking smack about her Powell…when did that happen?

• VV says:

Powell,
        Kim D is very supportive of Tre. I remember reading an interview recently in which she hinted on how the show is scripted.
        She has tweeted supporting her and given interviews supporting her.

• djprincessc says:

Maybe you mean Kim G or are thinking of her? She went on a twitter rampage all happy about the charges. Kim D said she didn’t think Teresa was capable of the accusations.

Ok ladies. Thks. Remember I don’t watch, just read here so I was very confused. Thks for straightening me out.

Powell-I wasn’t trying to straighten you out…I thought maybe you saw something I missed…I miss lots of things b/c I do too many other things while watching this crap!!!

• djprincessc says:

I wasn’t sure if I missed something!! lol.

• djprincessc says:

Ya no straightening out here Powell!! XO!

• VV says:

Powell,
            I eggmitt sometimes is hard to tell the tone when reading a comment. I hope you really don’t think I was straightening you out.

I eggmit I didn’t want Powell to feel like we were giving her the third degree!! I seriously thought I missed something!!! I forgot that Powell doesn’t watch NJ!!!

• djprincessc says:

Powell please come back!! Hello Kitty and I are gonna throw a tantrum if you don’t!!!!! lol

• Laineylainey says:

Yeah, glad you all got that straightened out, pooh! LOL! Jk!!!!!

2. VV says:

Happy Birthday, Contessa! 🎉🎊🎈🎂

🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONTESSA!!!! 💗💗💗💗💗!!!!!

Anyone watch Below Deck? I don’t know who is worse the crew or the charter guest!!!!

I do. I just turned to it during the commercial on Double Divas. BD is ok. The guests are kinda awful.

Well since the whole show is faked, no clue. These are fake guests, Bravo plants, and we know that only 3 folks on the show have even worked aboard a yacht before., and the REAL captain of the ship let it out of the bag about the crew and guests. Now, I don’t think it’s scripted, just basically improvisation. I think most of these folks are wannabe actors

They are bad wannabe actors…with bad attitudes!!!!

Yes, I think they were all given a “script” so to speak so that they have a “story” for their character. The Drunk girl, the Rebel Girl, the Authority Girl, the gay guy, the guy who takes his shirt off all the time, the surly chef, the first mate that is Mr. Perfect, etc. The guests are just probably told to be just as obnoxious as possible, over the top, so that they see how the “cast” handles the situation

I don’t find the guest being over the top-I wish they were worse so it would be more believable!!!! I think they do not know how to behave like rich people….

Very good description of the crew T-Rex.

• designernailsdiana says:

I’m tired of Faux Bravo and their stupid shows

5. iceNfire says:

Hello – I wish people would just drop the racism as it had no part in Howard;s eviction, He had no game, was terrible at comps. and lacked the social skills required in the BB house. Candice should never have been a HG in the first place. She doesn’t even know the basics of the game and failed to win food for herself 3 times. CBS Should choose HG’d from the fans on the live feeds only – imo – enough of these wanna be’s with agents that don’t know the game.

BB isn’t fun anymore. I haven’t watched in maybe 5 or 6 seasons. BB is from Australia or Germany I believe. It’s not a US original game show. Is it still on in the originating country?

• melthehound says:

+10

• You wish people would drop the racism? But it exists and is affecting how Howard and Candace have to play the game. I wish Aaryn and GinaMarie weren’t racists – but they are – and they clearly hate Candace and have from the beginning.

On a gameplay note – Howard did many of the right things – threw comps to not be seen as a threat – got into an alliance early. Spencer ruined the game for both of them by not sticking with his alliance.

• iceNfire says:

All the girls have targeted Candice not b/c of her race but b/c she takes their clothes, shoes, makeup, and jewelry without asking. I’d be mad too…it’s just rude.

I don’t think Howard threw any comps. He didn’t come close to winning the one he needed to stay in the game and the MVP was responsible for ending the Moving Company alliance

• Realhousewifeva says:

Maybe they should drop the racism discussion as it pertains to Howard’s eviction, but the racism discussion in general as it pertains to bb this season DEFINITELY needs to be talked about

6. melthehound says:

Happy Birthday Contessa 😀 Hope it’s a great one for you.

Great recap of BB, Leslie.. I’m wondering when Andy is going to start playing the game. All I have seen from him is trolling behind those who are playing. The only thing he’s good at is kissing ass.

NMD, I think the CBS execs are a bunch of pussies. There was no reason not to do that show live… I still say that if this racism stuff was really such a problem for them then they should have filled the BB slot with something else.

I really want to see Andy sweat. Does he really think and Amanda/McCrae really care about him other than his vote? I do think Helen might keep him before Elissa because he has been such weak player. Next week with the double elimination hopefully will kick this game into high gear. We need someone like Jessie, Elissa or Spencer maybe even Judd to win the HOH on Thursday because I think they will put up two of the so-called power players.

7. plainviewsue says:

Happy Birthday Contessa!

8. plainviewsue says:

So someone tweeted a link to Melissa’s first chapter of her book. If you go to St. Martin’s Press and search for her name, you can see it.

Now you know that I dislike Melissa like the plague, so I will be very impartial.

It was horrible. I don’t think she has a ghost writer; that’s how badly written this was. I couldn’t get through it. Never mind the fact that she tries to convince who ever is going to read this book, that she was the virgin mary, it is a joke. Knowing and hearing enough of her past, even if it was exaggerated, no way is this her life. Being picked on by mean girls (or how she calls it white girl problems), her faith, her parents great love, etc. Then it ends with “And then god sent me Joe Gorga.”

I. Just. Can’t.

Usually when I read a book, the first chapter has to grab me. Boring.

Curious what others think.

• melthehound says:

I know all girls have problems of some sort. Everyone does… however, WTF are “white girl problems”?

Here is the link if anyone cares…it was torture getting through the chapter…TORTURE!!!!

• Rebecca says:

Finding a big old lie in the second paragraph was enough for me. If Melissa’s father was Donna’s “one and only” then what does that make her step-father? Is she pretending he doesn’t exist?

Holy crap, I can’t get get over the inane rambling.

I am serious, in two paragraphs….she desreibes “married her father”, Her parents had a traditional marriage and drove a Lincoln and wear his and her Rolexs. People ask her if she is part black and she wonders if her mother had a hair brush. Her sisters were 10 and 12 years older than her, so she was the baby and was fussed over. It was like she had 3 moms. She used to sing when she was 8 and her dad recorded her. Then back to Lysa was like her other mother.

Valerie Solanas, who wrote The Scum Manifesto was a paranoid schizophrenic and her thoughts and writing was a million times more organized that what Melissa penned.

Never mind…she is so messed up. In one of the first paragraph her father was 49 when he died…then later she adds about her mother “He died when she was forty-seven” so the math is still off.

• djprincessc says:

Okaaaayyyyyy I read the first part and just had to stop. I am no Melissa fan at all since I’m team Teresa but I went into it thinking it can’t be THAT bad. Ummmmm WRONG!! You ladies were NOT exaggerating, its horrible!! So choppy and you know she wrote it HERSELF with no help. I’ll give her Ramona “Kuddoz” and say it takes guts for her to even write, but how is she not embarrassed?!?!? So has this woman been picked on her whole entire life for NO reason?? I mean in HS girls hated her and now Teresa hates her and didn’t one of her BEST FRIENDS just turn on her recently on the show?!?!?! Ummmmm….ya….

SHE’S THE PROBLEM.

• plainviewsue says:

Torture. How can the editor let that be the first chapter? So poorly written.

Seriously Sue it was drivel!!! One minute she was getting beat up and had no friends but a few days later she was at a sleep over? Who invited her to a sleep over if she had no friends?

• plainviewsue says:

Someone on twitter picked up the first of what I am sure will be many lies. She said her parents married at 18 and spend 27 wonderful years together (besides his cheating??). He died at 49. Unless my math is wrong, 27 + 18 = 45. So where were those four lost years? How can an editor not pick up on this? Jill, I also thought she had no friends, but now she is at a sleepover? Her ex boyfriends are having a field day on twitter. I still say if what they are saying about her is true, then it’s time to put up or shut up.

• melthehound says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+100 ITA

• Rebecca says:

Lol I read more…. Her parents got together when they were 17. He was 49 when he died. She was 47. Ummmmm huh?

They had 27 wonderful years together and 4 which weren’t so hot. Those were the years he was catting around.

She seemed to say that he was also roaming around in his 20’s and wanting to party.

A least I think that is what she was trying to say….it’s just so all over the place it’s hard to tell.

I am wondering is she meant her mother was 18 when she got married to her dad. It could have been on of those situations where he was a senior going out with a freshman?

• Do you think Jaq will sit Gia down and read it to her?

• VV says:

It was TORTURE! Somehow I could hear her voice while reading. Couldn’t take it…only read a few paragraph and scheme through it.
      She ends chapter with this:
      “And, then God sent me Joe Gorga.”
      This is the kind of BS she tells Joey that Joey believes it. This is the reason why this idiot calls himself and Angel of God…

VV-I totally heard her voice while reading…that made it all the more torturous!!!!!!

• cusi77 says:

I have not read anything, just reading your comments, I a am Loving it! Haa! She said in her TH that she needed to talk to her family because she didn’t want to write a book and then not having family members talking to her…. But is her first book and she has to write the THRUTH! Or something close to what I said… Just paraphrasing her writing the truth.

It is going to be another “moldy book”… Mark my words, Ladies and Gentlemen!

• melthehound says:

I hear some of these HWs books make great bench balancers. That is, perfect for the gap under one leg that makes the bench rock.

Huhh. Are you sure she’s not writing a fictional novel? 🙂 Makes no sense to me. Well Danielle Steele was on The View on Thursday & she’s working on 2 books at the same time so if Mel thinks she’s writing something that will make her money then DS has nothing to worry about.

• lulu says:

Wow i’d seriously fire the proofreader!!! The governor’s thoughts are more concise then hers and he’s not even three!! What a mess!!!

Howard was and Candice will be evicted because of their poor game play and an inability to be part of an alliance that could save them. But that does not excuse any of the racist/sexist/gay remarks and bullying that has gone on in the BB house this season. Aaryn, Ginamarie, Spencer and Amanda have all said things that are offensive to a lot of people. I so disagree with comments that have been made in the house saying that everyone is just so sensitive. Calling someone a name or mocking their ethnicity is hurtful and wrong. Get it Barbie girl? People who are African/American, Asian, gay, etc. are born that way – not a choice like you made in choosing to be a blonde pretty pageant girl. Barbie fits you to a tee. If you don’t like it, dye your hair and put on a few pounds and quit checking yourself in the mirror. Self-reflection is needed here; use it to make yourself and those around you better people. I will now get off my soap box.

• melthehound says:

Husker, I doubt I will get an amen here but I believe Candace to be as bad as the rest of them, Especially after this past week.

Candice is not a perfect player by any means. In fact she has shown her share of bad behavior. But she hasn’t crossed a line that would put her in the same class as Aaryn, Ginamarie and Amanda. I’ve read that Candice tends to take things from the other girls – hair brushes, clothing, etc. without asking and they don’t appreciate it. But I haven’t heard her call anyone names and given attitude unless someone else started up with her first. She is really a fish out of water in that house with her only real friend being Elissa.

• melthehound says:

I don’t think she’s clean on the name calling front, provoked or not. True she hasn’t said things that have been reported and made a big deal of. I always find it odd that the white people (yes, I’m saying it) are always called out for their mess and the minorities are somehow perfect on that front. I just don’t buy it and some of what I’ve heard Candace say, again, provoked or not, demonstrates that for me. I think all of these people are pigs though.

10. plainviewsue says:

MTH, white girls problems is when the cheerleaders are mean to you, cos you made varsity when you were only a freshman.

Racist issues aside, this is one of the worst Big Brother seasons I’ve ever watched. Terrible group of players. Boring as all get out. The so-called “evil” players aren’t even fun to hate. No imagination, no evil genius. Just a few not-that-bright manipulators and a bunch of easily-manipulated. It’s got to get better, can’t get much worse.

• melthehound says:

+100

I record the show and watch it the next day with the kids to quiet them for 48 minutes (we skip the commercials).. THey seem to like it but are easily fooled into thinking this is how it should be done. Seems I always miss the ‘good’ seasons as my only ones are 13 and this one, 15.

There have been some good seasons with some really good players. This season is so predictable. Maybe the live feeds aren’t so good for the show. When you can see all the behind-the-scenes wheeling and dealing then the element of surprise just isn’t there. I don’t even mind spoilers (like who made HOH and who they nominated when it happens), but I would like to not know how the eviction vote is going to go before the live show. I mean I knew the vote was going to go 7-1 against Howard before it happened. What’s the fun in that?

• melthehound says:

I don’t do the live feeds.. I don’t think there would be any point in watching the show other than confirmation if I did. I always welcome spoilers and they don’t bother me. I’ll still watch if I’m interested.

• iceNfire says:

I watch the live feeds and love love love them! The chat rooms are fun, mean, nice, drunk, etc. depending on which chat room you are in. CBS has giving us the option of being in up to ten chat rooms at a time. With pop out chat I can see my chat room where ever I am, even here. Even with the live feeds nobody could call the first few evictions and the excitement in chat rooms is worth the $23….imo

+10 !

12. VV says:

Nancy,
    Juicing day #3. I actually feel very good. I think I’m going to do for a total 5 days.

Hi VV. Check out this article. I wouldn’t stay on it too long though.

(meaning your Juicing days)

• VV says:

Okay. I think Today will be my last day. That read scare me a little and I shouldn’t push my luck. I actually feel very good but of course when was the last time I had 4 carrots, 2 apples, 1 lemon for breakfast three days in a row. I’m still trying to find a veggie recipe that I like. I won’t go on an all juice diet but I will continue doing it either to snack or to replace a meal a day.
          Thanks N!

• Realhousewifeva says:

You get plenty of carbs while juicing. I think nancy is confusing juicing with the master cleanse.

13. Rebecca says:

I don’t watch BB but great recap Leslie! Gold star!

Happy Birthday Contessa! Hope you have a great day. Thank Leslie for the recap. I don’t watch BB.
    I beginning to think that the publishers of these “book” (i.e. Manzo and Mel”s) think the viewers are illiterate. We are not illiterate but stupid enough to watch a lot a crappy shows on Bravo :).

15. KTinCT says:

Happy Birthday, Contessa 🙂

Good gosh, KIM went with them. 🙄

I wonder if Kim took her pillow.

Of course she took her pillow, her drug stash is in there! I guess we’ll find out at the reunion if anything else happened to her pillow, lol.

• AZGirl says:

Kim always looks so “out of it” Do you see how Yoyo and Brandi make eye contact with the camera? Kim is off. I really think she needs to get off this show and get serious help. It is not just about alcohol and meds she is has some kind of mental condition.

• Laineylainey says:

Your comment is best thing about this tweet…hee hee. Their body language…

17. designernailsdiana says:

I’ll bet there isn’t one female on this blog that doesn’t look in their mirror and say the meanest nastiest things to that reflection. Would you put up with your best friend saying those things to you? Of course not, so why is it WE say it to ourselves?
    I was listening to the radio this morning and heard a commercial for Cellulite. Oh My Gosh EVERYONE that I know gets it. I feel like magazines and commercials target my vulnerable self esteem. I work so hard to be happy with the woman I see in the mirror every day. I try to not call myself names. I’m Diana and I’m the very Best Diana I can be today. I can’t keep trying to live to an industries standard of what a 53 yr old woman should look like. I’m not an actress nor a singer. I have no intention of getting a face lift or plastic surgery or even botox because I’ve EARNED ever wrinkle on my face! I will admit to maybe getting a tummy tuck or something after I lose this weight and have skin hanging in places it shouldn’t be hanging. I even got MrDesigner to agree that if I end up with two dead socks on my chest I can get new bubbies!
    I wrote this because we get a peek at the RH of whatever city or state it is filmed in. They let US into their lives to view and critique them and their lives. With that said I feel they all have their own body image issues and these shows just magnify them. They fight for air time rather than share air time. I’d much rather people see me having a lively chat with my best friend about hot flashes and dating after 50. We have the funniest conversations. But the Housewives don’t. I feel sorry for them if they can’t laugh and enjoy this life because it’s the ONLY one we are all getting.
    It’s almost a year since our dear Lynn passed away. She gave US the best gift ever, EACH OTHER! She brought us together to laugh, snark, snoop and revel in what our “Lynn” friends say and do. We’ve had babies born and weddings. These are life events we’ve shared with each other. I love how we settle our disagreements and move on. We can’t let one station and it’s cray cray production company ruin OUR lives. We laugh and joke then move on to whatever chore we have to complete that day.
    Thank You ALL for being part of my Lynn Family and making me laugh while spraying coffee on my keyboard. I am Blessed to know you!!
    Diana

And I am blessed to have gotten to know you too, Diana!

O M G!!!! Look at Jack!! He’s so beautiful. I just wanna kiss those cheeks. Your daughter & SIL are very very blessed. And so are you & the rest of the family. Jack is a jewel.

Hi Diana…are you feeling any better? I hope so.

• designernailsdiana says:

Nancy I’m doing better. Learning how to best handle everything, but my I.Don’t.Care attitude is helping a lot…oh and the Xanax is Awesome 🙂

Diana I have said you all are the best people I have never met. 🙂 You are pretty awesome. I have never thought about what you said, RHs don’t have funny conversations. It’s verrryyy rare that they do & we have the funniest conversations everyday.

Thank you Diana-I’m blessed to know all here as well!!! What a nice post!!! The new bubbies made me laugh…but I get it!!!!

• AZGirl says:

So well said. Thank you. We are a great group. I look forward to many years ahead.

• lulu says:

Here here!!!!! Couldn’t agree more and well put!

The only reason why I watch hw’s is because of this community. Can’t think of a better group of friends to share my thoughts with. 😉

• KTinCT says:

LOVE your post, Diana! And, yes, we are all blessed to have each other here! With thanks to Lynn and for everyone else who works so hard to keep it going – NMD, BB, MTH, Stars, and anyone else whose name I didn’t list (why I hate naming names)!! I love this place 🙂

• melthehound says:

Dianna, you have me roaring with laughter with that post… Two dead socks 😆 … The headband shot is killing me too 😉 Best part of course, is your last paragraph.. Each other 😀 I said that last year after Lynn passed and I still say it now, even when we have ‘disagreements’…

• Laineylainey says:

Cool post from a cool lady! 😍

Either she’s really one happy person or very good at faking it.

I think it’s real. I suspect her ongoing battle with Lyme disease has boosted her appreciation for life. The positive affirmations she tweets often, she probably tries to live by. From what I know of her story, I think her mindset was probably a significant part of what’s got her back to being able to get out and live a little.

Looking good To.

• Laineylainey says:

She is so nice, I can’t hate her! She s amazing looking. Fembot.

19. Okay – is Melissa’s book a joke? I’ve read 5 paragraphs and it reads like a badly written 5th grade essay. I actually had to check the link to make sure it was valid. ROFL on this one – who edited it? I’d be ashamed to have my name on it.

Haha-she was supposed to have a ghost writer but I think she wanted to prove to Teresa that she could have a best selling book without one…big mistake…huge!!!!
      The first chapter is laughable-it’s all over the place and people have found a few lies or poor mathematics however you want to look at it…

I couldn’t get past the first line!

• Mene Seela says:

Maybe she DID have a ghost writer & editor! LOL. Could have been Joey, Caro or her manicurist.

I’d love to read it before it was [rumor started by me] cleaned up. (Kidding I don’t care to read, listen or watch that woman)

Ditto!

• cusi77 says:

Wow! As you all know by now, English is not my First language… but mathematics and Logic are Universal… Her older sister was born 12 years before her, I assume her mom had her sister at 18, so when Melissa was born her mom was 30, right? She was 17 when her Dad died… that makes her Mom 47… why her dad was 49?

Then, She was in Boca Raton for the first month she was with no friends and got in an ambush where she got a broken nose and driving… Dad would come in one more month… March 21 was her B-day, Dad had a car accident and died March 29, she was Sleeping over with a friend…Uh? What friend IF everyone hated her for being pretty and innocent… Her writing skills are okay for my reading level…But not interested at all in the life of a lifetime victim… She uses as a reference RHONJ… You got there all by yourself you nit twit!!!!

Hi Cusi,
            Did you know Canadian was my first language? lol

• cusi77 says:

Wait… Her parents were married 27 years… They were 45 when they were married 27 years…. 4 years are missing in this VirginBloodyMaryHardToGet soap opera!

Exactly. She’s delusional. IMHO.
                George is still in pain. 😦

• cusi77 says:

Mine was not Mexican, Miss Nancy Pantsy! There are about 35 dialects still spoken in Mexico.

In Mexico, City many places still keep their “Nahuatl” language…

Like Xochimilco (The place where flowers grow) It is in the south of the City and you can go take a ride in a kind of canoe (with flat floor) and there are miles of canals with little islands growing flowers! People live there. The entire Mexico City was a lake when the Spaniards arrive in 1518. Google it! You will be surprised!

• Vegas Chick says:

Okay, I (tried to read) a few paragraphs (using that term loosely). Melissa must really think peeps are a bunch of schmucks who are willing to throw their good money down the toilet to buy her composition (sorry, can’t call it a book even though it probably has a binding, lol). Dear Lord, talk about self-importance. Publisher must be a D-lister.

All you moms out there will like this one.

Nancy. There’s a good game on Fox right now – Braves vs. Phillies. Tied in the bottom of the 8th. Can you tell who Jack is rooting for? (My avatar should change momentarily).

I’m watching MDLNY and I love Fred but he was soooo wrong to tell Ryan apt 6C on Bowery was the only 1 bedroom & told Ryan it was $1.17 mill. There were other 1 BRs but Fred wanted to get back at Ryan. That was not right to Ryan’s client.

• Rebecca says:

In the WWHL reunion show, Fredrik said that Ryan’s client wanted the best one-bedroom. Ryan didn’t correct him. When he goes to sell, he’ll make a nice profit. The guy had $1.2 Mill in cash to invest and Ryan got a nice commission. It’s all good.

• djprincessc says:

As a Realtor that was unethical. Bottom line. I don’t get why people are blinded by Fredrick, maybe because I know Realtors just like him? lol.

• Vegas Chick says:

That was really not right to the seller – Fredrik’s client. I think this stuff is all a set up to make it interesting, and the clients know ahead of time. Fredrik’s too good an agent to compromise his license, etc. to do something that stoopid. Typical Bravo crap.

MLB rejects possible negotiation talks with A-Rod.

Meanwhile, the Braves/Phillies game is now in the 12th inning.

24. well howdy hi again
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONTESSA
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THAT I HAVE MISSED THESE PAST FEW WEEKS… ATHOUSAND PARDONS
    place is hopping tonite…. lots of crazy people….just my type… weekend visitation at the prison , so of course we have lots of moms and kids here…and of course the kids just love mz diva… can’t figure that one out for the life of me…standing joke around town is I HATE KIDS…must be my magnet pants…lol lol
    before i cruise out to do parking lot security and pool check , let me tell you a quickie about a phone call to the front desk
    me– front desk..this is Linda..(yea yea…no diva at work )
    guest– you got ass
    me..excuse me
    guest– you got ass
    me.. i am sorry- i dont understand you,,, now i am thinking it’s a prank call… so i say..well of course i got ass….
    guest..starts laughing… not ass.. i mean the frozen stuff to put in your drink…
    me…LAUGHING REALLY HARD NOW… omg..you mean ICE !!!!!!
    guest..yes maaaaammmm asss
    me.. ground floor by the pool..
    guest..thanks so much…guess my grammar is pretty bad huh ..
    me..not all…been the best laugh today..
    bbl
    got kids running around
    hugs and peace
    diva

For those interested, Million Dollar Listing LA first look at 8:37, Real Housewives of New Jersey first look at 8:47 on Bravo of course. It will probably be weird for some of y’all to watch RHONJ considering what’s happening in REAL life for Juicy and Tre.

I bet they aren’t getting a lot of sleep at nights.

• Amalfi says:

I just saw the last 7 minutes of First Look… Jac is still a Nut and the rest of it all is so unimportant….

Caroline will go postal if Bravo drops the show. Heaven forbid her sons get a real job.

• Sasha says:

I think Teresa and Melissa would be more likely to go postal if the show were cancelled.

• Amalfi says:

Teresa has bigger problems. Melissa got her wish and may also get unemployed.

• Sasha says:

Which is why I say she may want to keep her gig. A girl has to work somewhere if her husband is headed to the big house.

• Amalfi says:

A lesson for all of them you know, but T may have jail time herself. Melissa will be free to annoy the world at will, so here’s hoping for total cancellation.

Teresa asks Milania if she will cook for her husband on day and Milania said her husband will cook for HER! 😆

• VV says:

I missed it!!!! Link Anybody?!Pretty please 😀

I love Josh Flagg’s grandma Edith.

27. ramonacoaster says:

I spent the afternoon helping my mom prepare for her Girls’ Night. Lots of prosecco and wine flowing. Now I’m enjoying myself watching fifty and sixty somethings doing hip thrusts while singing karaoke to Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye. These are a funny bunch of ladies.

28. lulu says:

Happy birthday Contessa!!!!!!!!! Hope your day is fab!!!!!

Rhonj is too depressing. Just seeing Tre’s girlz its too sad.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Contessa!! Enjoy. 🙂

Happy Birthday Contessa 🙂

31. Mrs Peabody says:

Well I read Melissa’s first chapter or whatever that was. She just all over the place. If I was ever even thinking of buying it (and I wasn’t) I wouldn’t be now. Bad writing. I’ll save my money

32. VV says:

Monica Chacon interview:
    Revenge and ‘The Real Housewives’? | HLNtv.com http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/08/01/joe-and-teresa-giudice-whistleblowers via @hlntv

• cusi77 says:

Ay, yay, yay, yay! This is really serious… Innocent until proven guilty. Let’s hope for the Best for all involved!

33. VV says:

First two tweets from Joey Gorga since Teresa’s and Joe’s indictment.

34. Vegas Chick says:

Happy Birthday, Contessa! Hope that you had a great day full of love and laughter!

35. Amber...RealWife says: