Project Runway Recap

Coney Island Couture!

Project Runway S12 – Ep3 By: Leslie Lovette

Heidi wakes up the designers and sends them off to Coney Island! (My gawd! I would looove to be woken up by Ms. Heidi Klum!) At the pier Tim Gunn reveals it is our first team challenge, may the drama begin!! Teams shall pair up with an ice cream cart, get peoples opinions on the ice cream and pick out 3 sensor descriptive words as inspiration for their design. Our queen ging Alexander and our deaf fashionista Justin are a team. Kate our returning ging & Helen, the deep understood wanna be different dark mysterious girl are a team. That shall be an intriguing combo/design. Next Jeremy, Ken and his bowtie are a team. Sue and Sandro our Russian spitfire shall work together..that should be interesting! Sandro skips in glee to his ice cream cart! Braden, my little dancer and Karen(who?) are a team. Dom & Alexandria are paired together (snooze..) And lastly our sustainable Timothy and his hometown nemesis Miranda are joined together. Light, natural, refreshing, arousal, temptuous, luxurios, fluffy, and playful are all some of the descriptive words given to the designers. Now, Tim reveals each team shall design only ONE look (which spells: Drama Drama Drama!) and it doesn’t stop there. No shopping at Mood today. Their materials must be from items they win at Coney Island by playing games! Talk about carnie gone couture! As viewers we LOVE unconventional challenges. How can one make a giant ice cream cone carnival toy into a chic gown?? Carnival & Luxory do NOT go hand in hand. I’m excited and the designers are in hell. I love it! Aliens, dolphins, sombrero hats, monkeys, ice cream toys and more! Timothy makes love to his unicorn and declares it ‘Team Wisconsins’ mascot.(I’m sorry Wisconsin)

Sandro & Sue are already getting into it about a bobbin! Sue doesn’t know how to function a sewing machine. Seriously Sue? Seriously? Who goes on a designing show and not know how to use a sewing machine? That’s like going on Top Chef and not knowing how to use an oven! #facepalm There is so much fluff from the toys being torn apart in the workroom it looks like a winter wonderland gone carnie horror. Off with their heads!…stupid carnie monkeys. Side note: Timothy thinks unicorns are related to hippopotamus’?? I’m not even going there. He also scraps everything him & Miranda designed and draws up a super hero costume. Dom & Alexandria are making a harajuku girl gone anime gone cray cray. Shark mouth with big monkey eyes? Okay…

Sandro & Sue are still going at it, but now in front of Tim. Sue wants a sculpted neck piece and Sandro flips out calling it stupid Lady GaGa. While Sue & Sandro go GaGa, Timothy & Miranda’s design looks like Disney working in a Hospital. I think Miranda is just crying inside because she can’t make a 40’s high waisted pencil skirt out of plastic carnie alien skin with a bit of skin showing on her torso with a crop top made of monkeys. Kate & Helen have become a love fest of sorority sister love. Sandro yells, cusses, and belittles Sue. Miranda is a broken record about Tim Gunn’s critique. Timothy has a breakdown because Miranda is talking mad crap about him, and cries in a dark corner with his unicorn and reads his love letter from his model. It inspires him to walk back into the workroom, unicorn in hand, pull up his britches and continue with the challenge.

Day of the Runway, Miranda goes schizo and cries about how badly she treated Timothy the day before. She wanted him in flames one day and wants to lick his wounds the next? I can’t with this one. Sue threw her hands in the air & has become Sandro’s bitch assistant because he would not listen to anything she had to say and ran her over at every possible second.  Now to the Runway! Kelly Osbourne is guest judge. (Is anyone else ever slightly perplexed from her 180 in life? I’m happy for her and all, but slightly perplexed nonetheless) Anywho, my dancer boy Braden & Karen’s look is an awful plastic swelling mess. If they would have left the swelling green cotton candy bulge off her hip the look might have passed for a design. Dom & Alexandria’s design looks like it is straight from shark week or a Gwen Stefani music video. Harajuku Girl! Sandro’s and Sue’s design is a playful blue plastic dress. It’s very absinthe fairy from the ocean! Helen & Kate’s piece is stunning. Breaking News: Red Sombrero hats have gone chic! (It’s also a little Judy Jetson) My queen ging Alexander & Justin’s look is very young, and a little much. Fun & playful for sure, but I’m not sure their version is a good thing. Jeremy, Ken, & his bowtie’s design is an 80’s blue high waist pant with a sombrero bodice and furry vest. I am loving the sombrero weave bodice! Lastly, our Wisconsin nemesis duo, Miranda & Timothy’s look walks down the runway. She rocks a plastic high low dress with a slim t-back with a rubber ducky looking vest. I am a huuuge fan of high lows so I am totally bias and love the dress, minus the vest. Sandro, Sue, Jeremy, Karen, Ken & bowtie, & Braden are all safe this week. Sandro looks like a hillbilly gone chic with his silk blouse and coveralls. Paired with that stache? I can’t even take what comes out of his mouth seriously. Especially his little sexist dig about a woman finally listening to a man. Don’t make me pull those suspenders over your stachy little face! Seeing what that boy wears is more intriguing than his designs so far IMO.

Kate & Helen with their sombrero chic masterpiece, Alexander & Dom with their sharkweek harajuku girl, have the highest scores, while Wisconsin duo and my queen ging & justin are the lowest scores.  The judges love how cute and comfy the sharkweek harajuku girl looks, and love how tailored and sculptural the scombrero judy jetson look is. Zach says it perfectly ‘Sombero Saturn Chic!’ Now time for the judges to rag on the losing teams. Zach is no fan of my ging’s look. He again has the perfect words for the design, ‘Seabum Skipper.’ Kelp is growing out her ass and seaweed lining the bottom. The judges are snooze bored by the Wisconsin duo’s high low dress. Timothy attempts to defend his part in the dress by comparing it to trying to put life boats on the Titanic. Back on the runway, Helen is announced the winner! She’s gone from bottom, to the top! And besties with Kate. I think her life is just about complete now. For the 3rd time on the bottom, Timothy is finally eliminated. I believe the right designer is eliminated. Him and Miranda both deserved to leave. In his talking head Timothy admits he should have danced more and that he will never stop believing in unicorns. I would have LOVED to see his twinkle toes! Aufedersein!

_____________________________________________________________

Federal Timeline Comparison

Maryla has put together a comparison of a few high profile federal cases as a comparison to the Giudice’s case.  It looks like things move quickly once charges are filed.

teresagiudiceindictmenttimeline (1)

________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Project Runway. Bookmark the permalink.

124 Responses to Project Runway Recap

Thanks for the recap Leslie. I think this is the first season in a long time (I think ever) I haven’t watched PR. Coming out of retirement to babysit Jack has taken a good chunk out of my TV viewing time (but it’s worth it). I guess I’ll have to catch some time in marathon mode.

Good morning everyone. It’s very early. BB you’re up for Jack huh? 🙂 Well its hump day kids. I hope everyone has a great day.

Good Morning…why do I feel like I’m getting up late?! lol Thanks NMD, Leslie and Maryla for the blog today! 😀

RHOM had their premiere party last night. Must have been a good one because after all their hype, this is the only pic I have so far. Funny how Ana poses with Joanna’s man.

5. cusi77 says:

Good Morning Everyone! Thank you NMD, Leslie and Maryla for the blog today!

I love Project Runway , but I am afraid that they followed some kind of Bravo -Technique . Unnecessary drama for my taste. And Heidi announces [joyfully] “There were going to be a lot of drama…”

NO thanks, I don’t need it!

I wonder if they chose the contestants by talent or personality… there is a lot of personality going on there! There are talent as well, but not like in previous Seasons… Some people are too much to bear. There is a lot pressure in every challenge, isn’t that enough to create some tension that they feel the need to bring people clearly in need of some psychological help?JMHO.

I agree Cusi. Not as good as when on Bravo, maybe they’ve changed the “casting perimeters”

I would prefer Tim himself cast the entire season.

6. cusi77 says:

Oh-oh! I just googled Gretchen Rossi Engaged and… Since July 18 has been around that perception that she got fake engaged to Slade for a wedding Spin off… Hmmm. Vicki wants her fired, according to Reality Tea. I just read some links here and there and haven’t read anything about this… I just fell that it was very odd and convenient since she has no friends in OC. She sided this Season with Tamra, but it did not work. Vicki took back de new changed Tammy Sue in Puerto Vallarta and Gretchen had already broken bridges with Alexis, her only “friend”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was faked for a spinoff. Bravo asked her first if she would get engaged to Slade and get a spinoff wedding but she declined. But she saw the perks & glitz Tamra got and now she wants it.

• Lulu says:

I’m doubting that Gwretch/spade was ever offered a spin off. We all know that Gwretch exaggerates like how she did with “Malibu-gate.” Their just not that interesting to watch. I have to agree with Vicki they are fake and need to go.

I can see Vicki now demanding they be fired. You know what? Next season, if there is a next season, Vicki will have to do some type of explaining about her, Brooks & the alleged fraud w/Vicki’s Vodka.

7. vilzvet says:

Just read that Teresa is actually doing a BOOK SIGNING at Kim D’s store the night of the big court appearance next week.

Surprising, don’t you think?! She posted that on Twitter last week and I think it was purposefully set up that day as a show of strength/confidence. Afterall, it is not at a bookstore, but friendly territory…it was likely planned to give the press something else to work with on that day and no doubt there will be loads of supporters there.

• melthehound says:

I’ll bet she’s there too.

• Jules says:

She does not need to be in court that day. only her attorney.

Lydia McLaughlin Says Vicki’s Son-In-Law Was Out Of Line/Adds That It Was Disturbing How He Treated Her Mother! &http://t.co/uMpDlTa8pF
    I hope you all can read this.

• cusi77 says:

I like Lydia very much. She is very intelligent and well articulated, with good head over her shoulders and a good heart. MORE Lydias in RHW’s pleaseeeeee!

That’s a good link, gracias 🙂 .. They are skewering Ryan in the comments, mostly along the same lines of concern as was expressed here.

9. Just when you thought you were safe from JZ:
    >>Jill Zarin had to take a cross-country business trip, but her dog Ginger was sick. She couldn’t leave the 7-pound Chihuahua behind, so she hired a vet to go with them.

In stepped celebrity veterinarian Dr. Cindy Bressler, who launched JetSetVets this year to meet pets’ needs in the air. Bressler has a house call practice in New York and the Hamptons. She took on two partners to start JetSetVets: Los Angeles and Beverly Hills veterinarian Patrick Mahaney and Blue Star Jets, a New York-based company that promises to have a small, medium, large or jumbo jet ready to go anywhere in the world in less than four hours.

Together, they are believed to be the country’s only private-jet, ride-along-vet, concierge-pet service……

…..Zarin, who spent four years as one of the ‘‘The Real Housewives of New York City’’ and is now a designer for Skweez Couture Shapewear, met Bressler on that recent business trip. Zarin said she was worried 9-year-old Ginger would lose weight and have problems with altitude.

‘‘Imagine if she lost 10 or 20 percent of her body weight. If she started vomiting or got diarrhea, she could get very sick very quickly,’’ she said.

During the seven-hour, one-stop flight from New York to Los Angeles, Bressler treated Ginger for hemorrhagic gastroenteritis with an IV and medication. Bressler has since become Ginger’s regular vet, though the dog hasn’t been that sick since.

‘‘My dog is the most important thing to me and flies with me everywhere I go,’’ Zarin said. On commercial flights, Ginger is at Zarin’s feet under the passenger seat in front of her.

In the past decade, Zarin and Ginger have each logged about a quarter-million commercial and private sky miles, Zarin said, and Ginger likes her carrier so much that she sometimes curls up in it in the closet when they are home.<<

I'm speechless.

• vilzvet says:

Ugh, me too. Leave the dog at home.

• cusi77 says:

Free Ginger!!!! Stop feeding her with lamb chops… Geeeezzzz!

Right. Let Ginger stay home and be cared for! That just seems cruel to Ginger to be in a plane getting an IV.
        Why oh why can’t JZ just leave out “spent for years on Real Housewives of New York”? Why can’t she let that go. That’s just like actor Jeff Conway that for yrs & yrs would say “When I was on Taxi.”. OMG. Move on.

I feel LUCKY! I just bought a power ball ticket 😀

11. WOW we had a rough weather night here in Minnesota. 1-2 inch hail along with damaging winds. Our home and cars are fine, but daughters car got hail damage while she was at work.
    It put a quick end to our National Night Out because almost as soon as the Police Officer was done talking it began to rain. Then the wind and hail started within 25 minutes. Our power went out at 7:30 and came on at Midnight. Crazy night.
    I LOVED seeing the facebook photos from the RHOM party. If you’re not on LynnFam facebook page you’re missing a lot. You can create a facebook name using your name here and join the group.
    Happy Hump Day!

Hail?? You all have had nothing but strange weather. I hope your daughter gets her insurance to take care of her car repairs. I’m sick to death of insurance companies using the “act of God” excuse to not pay insurance claims.

Huskerland had over 2 inches of rain in about 90 minutes yesterday. Flooded streets, but nothing damaging. The corn and beans are singing today! Should be a great harvest which makes for very happy farmers.

We have had very crazy wet weather in Florida, we have had 22 inches of rain since June 1st officially recorded we recorded at our house about 35! Lots of lightening storms as well.

• T-Rex…. I share your pain… 4 min showers,,,septic backed up … just when you THINK it might dry out…POW… the storms here in chobee at the top of the lake have been HORRENDOUS the past few weeks… lots of lighting and heart pounding thunder…… OVER IT….OVER IT..OVER IT… I can hear my grass growing as mr ford is mowing…….

hugs and peace
        diva
        quack quack

I hope this works. Amy Phillips doing Heather. So funny lol.

Good morning everyone! Thank you Leslie for the PR recap. Off to work!

14. VV says:

Saw this tweet from Roxi. Very interesting…

@AllAboutTRH: Guess who didn’t pay their mortgage back in 2010 and was being sued by the bank? Ms. Monica Chacon! Pg. 15: http://t.co/GDgC531X4P

Original Message:

People shouldn’t talk smack and throw stones.

• VV says:

Isn’t that the truth.

I’ve always thought it, but now I truly believe it . . . any adult who has had screen time on any season of RHNJ have cheated, broke the law, scammed, etc. at one time or another. No one on that show is clean.

Wow . . . I don’t think I even know anyone personally who has done anything like what these people have done. My husband forgot to get the utility bill in the mail before the deadline last week and I thought he was going to have a breakdown. He got in the car late that night and delivered it to the drop box immediately. He wouldn’t have been able to sleep if he hadn’t. Too honest for our own good!

Husker you are funny. I can see your husband in his car a 11:05pm driving to that drop box. Poor Mr. Husker. 😀 But I get what you mean.

Who’s Roxi? Is this a well known friend of Jersey like a KIM?
      😊

Very interesting.

I was looking at Maryla’s chart for Enron. I think Skilling got out of jail this Spring/Summer.

My uncle lost close to $1 million in the Enron mess. Anyone who had anything to do with it should rot in . . . well, you know where. They cheated so many good, hard-working people.

I’m sorry Husker. That was awful. Everytime the story comes in American Greed I watch it. You just can’t believe the greed. I don’t understand how they sat up in their offices and thought of how to scam the investors, customers, govt & employees.
        I saw today that Bank of America has been charged e/fraud in the mortgage mess. I want people in jail.

I just got a call from the Cheesecake Factory from ny complaint on National Cheesecake Day. This yr they changed the rules that 1/2 price was only one slice per customer w/a coupon and for eat in only. In the past there was no coupon no limit to slices & for take out or dine in. I’m surprised that I received a response. The lady told me she could tell how disappointed i was, she apologized and said she would be giving my information to the proper person. I’ll see what happens.

• AZGirl says:

If they do contact you let them know that you have posted this on a blog and all participants on the blog should receive a slice of cheesecake 🙂

• Rebecca says:

I complained very gently in an email to PeiWei that my edemame were old and smelly in my last take-out order and they sent a nice letter with $20 worth of gift cards. The soybeans are $2, so I was shocked when I got the letter.

Try going online and writing them a sappy, sad email. I’ll bet you can get some better results.

18. VV says:

A couple of days ago. Ashlee tweeted this pic. Joe Gorga did the same and now Jac has done the same.

Jacqueline Laurita (@JacLaurita) tweeted at 8:40pm – 6 Aug 13:

I love the way @iamdiddy thinks… say.ly/Ekk6rwv (https://twitter.com/JacLaurita/status/364923917925744640)

19. Lulu says:

Amazon has excerpts of Mego’s book up. OMG those pages we read the other day (and ripped to shreds!) are it?!?! I thought it might have been a joke her first draft but no that was it. It just gets worse……… This F tard is seriously delusional!!!

20. VV says:

I wonder if he’s going to show the kids.

LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian Get VH1 Reality Show "LeAnn & Eddie" http://www.gossipcop.com/leann-rimes-eddie-cibrian-reality-show-vh1/ via @gossipcop

21. chismosa says:

Hi sorry I just wanted to clarify what looked like no empathy by me for the 2 children killed by the python yesterday —

I understand if an animal is outwardly attacking in the moment, killing it — but this WILD ANIMAL who was captured and/or bred for stupid people to keep as “pets” was not intentionally killing. He felt warmth, was startled, so his reflex was to strangle/ grip. Ps I hate snakes.

And yes, if my beloved domestic pet (bred FOR humans in the first place) – dog- was attacking my kids I may shoot it in the moment. In the MOMENT

Did they find the snake wrapped around the necks and so had to shoot?
    I of course prefer the human life to the animal – in THIS case. These WERE innocent children.

(The people at water parks can die for all I care)

Sorry just didnt want my comment misconstrued as I know I’m not very clear sometimes.

• chismosa…I KNEW where you were coming from…. read a lot of the same on another blog….

hugs and peace
      diva

• AZGirl says:

I am just mystified by people who own wild animals and keep them for domestic pets. These animals are meant to be in the wild. Not a house pet. It is unnatural and when the behave like wild animals the owners don’t get it that someone got hurt or killed. It really stupid.

I always hate when a wild animal kills someone so they kill it. Why? What part of wild animal don’t they get and it’s not going to bring the person killed back. It’s just senseless. This case is especially awful because the animal wasn’t out in the wild. Some moron thought it was cool to have his friends come over and watch his snake eat mice. Maybe he had a small dick. Whatever the case, a wild animal was living a miserable life in a cage. Now an unspeakable tragedy happens. Gee, couldn’t see that coming. And, two little boys are dead. Please tell me the pos who owned the snake is going to be charged.

Agreed with both of you ^^^^

I forget if charges were brought against the owner of the ape/gorilla that chewed off the neighbor’s face in Connecticut — or did the owner woman die ? I believe they sued the estate?

It’s ridiculous and yes, someone should pay for those boys’ death— the owner of the shop!!

• melthehound says:

What gets me is the surprise and shock by dumbasses when a wild animal or any animal for that matter, does what comes natural to it.

Y’all are going to wish she stayed with the splits. Trust me. (It’s a moving pic)

This little girl is only 11 yrs old. Grieg Piano Concerto. Speechless.

First Born and I watched Jeff Lewis and Jenni’s Interior Therapy. Love that show. Loved that Jeff refused to watch the kid brush his teeth. Parents were really overboard with this child. I do not think it is cool for a child to open his mouth while eating. Gross. My parents were really strict with manners. Especially in restaurants. Loved what they did to both rooms.
    MDLLA starts tonight. Can’t wait. Who will I find annoying this season? I can guarantee it will NOT be Edith Flagg. She so great. She had a store down on Slausen Blvd. in LA. when I was growing up.

• lulu says:

Agree! I’m looking forward to mdlla too. The only one I tolerate aside from Edith is Josh Altman. Madison is a whiny b@%&! The other is slim shady.

Dh and I watched interior therapy last night and all I can say is wow! That woman brings helicopter parent to a new level!!! Quit micromanaging your son!!!!! He’s turning into a neurotic mess!!!! I have my issues with the governor but I thank my lucky stars he’s nothing like that boy.

Az are your boys close in age? Care to share any I survived raising boys wisdom 🙂

Omg, Jeff refusing to watch him was one of the greatest Jeff moments ever. Just priceless! The grin and satisfaction that he had knowing it was annoying the hell out of the mom(and kid) was just hilarious. Laughed out loud.

• Sasha says:

Kit, I thought it was one of his greatest moments too. I hate to say it but I would have done the same thing. Jeff had me laughing the whole show with all his little remarks.

I’m not really looking forward and wish they did LA and then the NYC one because jmo — you can’t compare the hustle and drama and low availabilities and space limitations of NYC.

But, I shall watch

AZ I’m So with you on Jeff and the tooth brushing. I grew up strict — what is with the CODDLING these days!!!!!?????

• Rebecca says:

Love, love, love me some Edith Flagg. Looking forward to this season, not looking forward to Altman’s grandstanding for an entire season.

Totally am with you Rebecca!

And I know you miss Frederik as much as I do

😦

😭😭😭

• melthehound says:

I laughed when he made the kid cry by not watching him brush his teeth. The parents should never have promised him that the guests (Jeff and Jenni) would do so without asking them first. While on the subject of that show, Every time Stewart talked about his hotel furniture, I’ve never been on a piece of Hotel furniture that I found remotely comfortable. He really shouldn’t go slapping himself on the back so hard about such things. Then again, I think ugly is ugly and uncomfortable is uncomfortable regardless of how much it costs. That stuff was hid A Ous.

25. Does anyone here watch THE BRIDGE ???

hugs and peace
    diva

Lainey & Chismosa.

• lulu says:

I do but I haven’t seen the last episode yet. Demian bichir and Diane kruger are awesome actors/partners on the show. I’m not thrilled with the dramatic twist of Demian cheating on his wife!?!? So far its good.

• lulu.. yea I was shocked about that…. I was wondering how he was able to get it on with just having a vasectomy !!! and the chick det. is a nympho ???? lol
        am enjoying it… MY QUIET TIME and off night from cooking for mr ford….YEA…

hugs and peace
        diva

• lulu says:

My DH just had a VS I assure you they bounce back quickly. 😉 The best line when Sonja sees her one night stand at the station “I can’t have sex now I’m at work” lol!!!! I wonder if they are alluding to her becoming a potential victim?

• lulu says:

Enjoy your time put your feet up and relax!!!!

I don’t think she’s a “nympho” just that she was ‘in the mood’ and in her mind she has to go seek a guy out like prey.

I like her a lot but wasnt sure about her in this role, but slowly she’s growing on me. I think shes too empathetic an actress to play cold and removed. I’m a HUGE fan of hers.

I couldn’t believe the guy cheating either !

Don’t sometimes vasectomies “not take” — maybe he’ll impregnate the trafficker!

• lulu says:

Vs do take but at least a few months before they shot blanks. My husband was told 60 days first test then a month later.

The first episode I thought she was overacting but as the episodes progressed. Her erratic behavior makes sense does she have aspergers? Or high functioning autistic?

Yes she’s got that —-

Lulu I meant to go more into this but had a mini- crisis here: yes she is supposed to have a highly functioning type / Asperger’s type something. As we see, she has no filter.

The vasectomy—- um I don’t think it’s been 60 days for the guy on the show!!! Maybe he will impregnate the woman – and the woman can claim it was her husband’s so she can have more money? Hmmmmm

• cusi77 says:

Me too, me too!!!

26. chismosa says:

Anyone watch THE KILLING. Because the finale KILLED!
    🔫🔫🔫🔫🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪💣💣💣💣🙀🙀

That was awesome.

27. lulu says:

Omg Madison is disgusting!!!!!!!!!

28. lulu says:

Really bravo wth is up with the stoopid pop ups!!!!!