Real Housewives of Miami

We have another new blogger joining us.  She also has her own blog – please check it out.  Welcome to Lynnfam BehindBleuEyes – NMD

Real Housewives of Miami Season 3 Episode One

by BehindBleuEyes

miami1The ladies of Miami are back and from the looks of how last season’s reunion ended, so have some of the relationships. We start with Joanna getting picked up at the airport by Lea. Not something I thought we’d see right out the gate, but of course it’s always nice to see some cordial conversation. To say that they’re besties would be a full-blown lie. They start discussing Joanna’s upcoming wedding and how with Lea’s help, the three-month planning won’t be so bad. Thanks to her yearly Gala we do know that Lea can throw quite the party.

Now, there’s another wedding on the horizon –Adriana and Fredrick’s. It’s been said around town and even noted in the Miami Herald that they’re already married, like 5 years already married. The talk of Adriana makes Lea upset as she doesn’t feel as though Adriana had her back during the reunion, more specifically in defense of all of Ana’s allegations against her. It’s not the words of your enemies, but the silence of your friends you remember. Wise words from Lea as she claims that she had no idea about Adriana already being married. She took her in and helped get her “back on her feet” as a single mother to only be used and thrown out as a friend in the end. Joanna then realizes that they aren’t exactly headed back to her house, but to a car dealership where Romain is waiting for her. Joanna admits that even after all these years that Romain still gives her butterflies. I have to admit –just looking at him gives me some butterflies too! Last year at this time she wouldn’t have thought that their relationship would be in such good standings. Hottie bought her a new car and you can clearly tell they are in a much better place.

In the meantime Alexia, Ana, Lisa and Marysol are meeting up with Adriana at Miami Fashion Week Bridal Expo. Since Adriana is late, as always, Lisa fills the ladies in on the whole feud between Lea and Adriana. Lisa also mentions in one of her interviews that for her 30th birthday, out of all of the women it was only Adriana with Fredrick who showed up and that it says something. Before any wedding dress viewing commences, Lisa makes sure to have Adriana clear up all the rumors everyone’s been hearing about her supposed marriage.  She doesn’t hold back and tells the rest of the women exactly what the issue is.  Back in 2008 she started dating Fredrick and within a couple of weeks he wanted to marry her. Her son was 9 at the time and wasn’t really accepting of the whole thing -even though they had already taken care of all the paper work.

A week or so before the actual wedding was supposed to take place, Fredrick called it off. miami2The entire time her son only thought they had planned on getting married as opposed to ACTUALLY being married, which he only found out recently through the press. Adriana was of course annoyed at this hoping that she’d be able to explain it all to him some other way and on her own.  We get a flash back to “one week ago” (which we all know was probably earlier that day) where Fredrick takes Adriana to see the progress of the yacht. I’m sorry but what progress? It’s been a year and that boat still looks like a home to termites. A fight breaks out between the two in regards to their so called “marriage” and she blames him for all the stress that she’s been caused through the press and the other women. She’s sick of paying for his mistake. Understandable, but in all fairness -if the season wasn’t ‘wedding’ themed I’m pretty sure no one would have dug up their marriage license in the first place. After the ladies hear her side of the story, Lisa makes it known to Adriana that she wants there to be reconciliation between her and Lea. The fact that they’ve been friends for so long and that their sons are good friends should be something to fight for.

miami3Alexia is officially back as a full-time housewife. I’m curious as to why when there are a lot of personal issues going on, which gets brought to light immediately. Her son Frankie is still recovering from the accident but you can see he has a great sense of humor about him and is trying his best to recover. Alexia explains that he’s there cognitively you can tell he’s there but in the moment not so much.  As his brain is still recovering he tends to say whatever comes to mind but all in all he’s adorable and it’s great to see his progress. They go to visit her mother whom has been living in Spain for 20 some odd years. She’s been there to help out with Frankie and hopefully help out with her son Peter, emotionally. We all learned last season, right around reunion time, that Alexia’s son Peter was arrested for beating up a bum and videotaping it. You can tell how embarrassed she is to speak of it but blames his emotions regarding his brother’s accident and recovery for the out-lash. (Sidenote: Peter was actually arrested again earlier this year and charged with use of marijuana. A lesser charge this time but definitely not helping this kid’s rap much.) It clearly upsets Alexia and she knows that anything that her son does he will have to face the repercussions. You definitely see the love that Peter has for his brother and I feel for all of them.

Lea is having her house redecorated by a couple of famous designers (I’ve never heard of them but then again I don’t have that kind of money). She fills Freda in on their arrival. I love Lea and Freda’s relationship. Something about owners and housekeepers with such a bond that kind of warms my heart. Same goes for Lisa and Daisy. Now, my first question is what happened to the house on Star Island? Why redecorate your current home if you’re supposedly moving into a bigger and better one? No mention of it has been made yet either. When the designers arrive Lea shows them to the ballroom -too much furniture for a ball room if you ask me but the high ceilings I guess help live up to the name -where she has tons of paintings and artwork scattered. She tells the men that most of it she bought from Adriana to help her with her gallery, and not at a discounted price either. It’s clear that Lea isn’t going to let this go that easily. The plan is to figure out which to keep and which to toss. She clearly thinks she’s ‘made’ Adriana who she is today and won’t let her live it down. miami4

With her heart so big, Lisa decides to have a nice afternoon/evening get together with the ladies to catch up and inevitably try to get Adriana and Lea back to a more cordial relationship. Joanna is the first to arrive and the ladies start to catch up. Joanna brings up the fact that not knowing when she wants to have children, she wants to freeze her eggs now so she doesn’t have problems down the road -like Lisa. Sore subject most definitely but I don’t think Joanna mentioned it with malice intent. Of course you have to feel for Lisa though as she and Lenny have been trying for what seems like forever in any which way possible to have a child. I truly hope that their prayers get answered soon.

Joanna fills her in that they’ve picked a wedding date and that she and Romain don’t have enough sex. WHAT?!? I’m sorry but two godly bodies such as you and Romain not having enough sex? Sorry but I would be like white on rice if I was coming home to THAT body every night! Anyways, I digress. Given the way things ended last year, Adriana admits that going to Lisa’s she isn’t as scared of seeing Joanna as she is Lea. Everyone sits down outside and get right down to business. Adriana claims that Lea did know about the wedding when it was first introduced, 5 years ago, and that Lea was also was going to/was her maid of honor. It’s upsetting her more that she’s siding with people that she barely knows over her. Joanna then comes to Lea’s defense when Adriana says that Lea knows way more than she’s willing to admit. A rant from the other ladies begins towards Lea -who we’ve noticed isn’t there, Lisa then admitting that she had called an hour prior stating she wouldn’t be making it. The consensus is that Lea is basically a huge liar all around.

Marysol sideswipes the conversation announcing Mama Elsa’s health scare. She’s currently in the hospital for a fall where she developed a brain hemorrhage. Using this as reflection, Marysol tries to get the ladies to put the past behind them as there are so many bad things that happen that prove there are bigger problems out there. Given that, Adriana apologizes to Joanna for her behavior although it doesn’t look like it was reciprocated. The rest of the season looks like it has potential to get better but unfortunately, at least to me, this season opener was a bit of a snoozer.  ‘Till next week…

_________________________________________

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of Miami. Bookmark the permalink.

459 Responses to Real Housewives of Miami

• cusi77 says:

Yes, AZGirl! You just won a date with George Chiclets Addams!

• Stars99 says:

Whew, I was worried I was going to be first… And when you’re first on the day after the RHOC Reunion Show airs… You have a choice of prizes… Pick a door: Door #1 – Slade; Door #2: Brooks. You’re welcome!

Hi AZGirl! You working on your fine bod, this morning. Me? I’m sitting on my tuchus at work…sipping coffee. Hoping for a good day.

• AZGirl says:

Stars I will not choose a door. Instead I am running to a backdoor out of the game. Lainey have a great day. Just went to a spin class. This time of year is hard. It is so hot. You don’t want to leave your house. Off to work.

Thank you Behindbleueyes for the Miami recap. Welcome to the blog.

2. Stars99 says:

Just wanted to let you guys know that because I have houseguests that unfortunately, I will be unavailable to blog the RHOC Reunion Show – Part 1 until the end of the week. I’ve only seen bits and pieces of it so far… but I’m looking forward to a snarkfest when I get the chance to blog about it! But in the interim, please, let the snarking begin! = )

• cusi77 says:

Please Stars, Enjoy your time with you guest!

I am doing the Recap for you:

The ladies of Orange County Season 7 Reunion Part one:

Wasted one hour time TV revisiting Seasons of the pas 7 years and all of them looked like crazy animals while were shouting one another.

Heatherness wanted apologies from Lydia.

Gretchen Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Lydia is the most Intelligent woman alive, past, present, and future. Still cute.

The best of the night was: Alexis Faces, she was gleeful the one on fire was not her.

Tamra: Forgot that now she is not a biotch, but all the opposite. (Ooopsie)

Especial mention to VICKI: She believes in monogamy (but not hers).

Lauri: Looking like a fool and a liar.

End of the story!

Now Stars enjoy your house guest, my dear!

Enjoy your guests, Stars!!

• cusi77 says:

Thank you MeltheHound (But not thank you! That priviledge will be yours! all yours!) Than you TexaxTart and Powel!!! If I knew I would have used a dictionary!!! Haa! You are so sweet!

3. Obsessed with RH says:

I may get a lot of flack for this however although I find Lydia to be refreshing and funny at times I must say that she is sometimes like a dog with a bone and I thought the interaction between her and Heather was very telling. I love Heather, call her pretentious call her snotty call her whatever you like but I adore her and I thought that she was very clear and tried to get Lydia to see that she was apologizing to her and that Lydia herself does exactly what she accuses Heather of doing with the little digs. While she is adorable,Lydia’s hands are not clean either so she should take a bit of her own medicine and admit when she is wrong too. And btw I will call Heather out when she is wrong too even though I love her. I thought the whole Malibu Country/Hot in Cleveland conversation with her and Gretchen was beating a dead horse and she was definitely wrong for that so please don’t think I am just in love with Heather and incapable of seeing her faults as well. I simply wanted to point out that Lydia too is not without her own flaws.

Heather has met her match. Heather usually has the last word. Lydia is changing that for Heather.

• Obsessed with RH says:

She might have had the last word but her last word wasn’t admitting that she might have been wrong or that she did something that was hurtful to Heather, similar to what she was accusing Heather of doing. I am not buying the “smiles and sparkles and I just want everyone to be happy and I’m just a happy person” stuff that Lydia is selling. She’s in the mix of these women and she is definitely a sh*t starter under the guise of “trying to get everyone to get along.” Here is a hint Lydia, if no one is ripping each other’s hair out or screaming at one another they’ve made peace so let sleeping dogs lie and don’t bring sh*t up again that’s already been laid to rest. Even if “you’re not sure” just take the quiet as a sign that everything is ok and don’t reopen old wounds. She’s not a stupid girl and yet when she does things like that I cannot dismiss the behavior as non-sh*t-starting and only “because i want everyone to get along.”

• Lydia claims she is a genius – her people skills need a lot of work.

Heather may say she’s sorry, but she’s insincere,…she screams it out indignantly. Not exactly the picture of a contrite spirit. I would rather not have an apology than a screaming, arrogant, indignant pseudo fake apology. “I say I’m sorry because that’s what people do.” she says. She doesn’t say it’s what people do when they regret something they’ve said or done. It’s as if she’s still pontificating…it’s an arrogant empty way to apologize in my opinion. Lydia, isn’t really sorry, so she doesn’t apologize. I can respect that. It’s at least, honest.

I must have fell asleep in Apology class, because what I heard Heather saying to Lydia was as far from an apology as I’ve never heard.

Absolutely no sincerity in her voice and she was in attack-mode as well. It’s all about the delivery as well as the words Heather, and you need work in both areas. Sounded like you were talking ‘down’ to Lydia as if she were a child and Lydia responded accordingly.

Stay strong Lydia and hold Heather accountable. Never accept a fake apology.

HH-I feel the same way!! Heather apologized as if she were placating Lydia not like she was sorry. She wanted Lydia to respond the same way that Terry does-by backing down and looking like a sap!!!!

• Obsessed with RH says:

I might have missed something but I thought Heather had previously said she was sorry pre-reunion and she was referencing it at the reunion, not re-apologizing. Also I don’t see a problem wtih her saying that she apologizes because that’s what people do. I think the give was that people apologize because taht’s what you do, when your wrong. She might not have said “when you’re wrong or, when you hurt someone’s feelings” but to me it was implied.

• Obsessed with RH says:

Oh lord sorry for the misspellings. I meant to say “given” not give and that’s not “taht’s”

ok Obsessed, I understand what you’re saying,…but her apology when she qualifies it with “because that’s what people do…” I feel as though that sentence should end with, “it’s what people do when others are watching.” I get that feeling from her, that she doesn’t really care that she did something wrong,…she seems (understandably) pissed off that she was called out on something. She doesn’t like to come off as “not perfect.” IMO. wELL, I’m not a fan of being called out either. But we’re talking about Heather right now, not LaineyLainey. 🙂

JNNTJ that’s why I said last night that I feel Terry makes jokes when he and Heather are discussing something. She treats him like he’s one if the kids that she has to make understand what she’s saying is how it is.
                I also agree w/you & Husker that Heather apologized just to say the words “I’m sorry”. That was not a heartfelt apology.

Lainey that’s what I loved about Lydia. She stood her ground w/Heather and didn’t back down even though she was beating a dead horse like Obsessed said. Heather likes to speak in an authoritative tone and posture to get the last word like her word is law. She does that to everyone like she’s speaking to one of her kids.

4. Iowagirl says:

This has probably been said but what the **** was Gretchen wearing. The woman looked like she was going to prom. She needs to look at her drivers license to remember her age. For the love of god, get a stylist.

Someone on another blog called it “Dinah Shore’s hand me downs.” funny

Them’s some funny comments there and they are all appropriate.

Funny thing is she has people who do her hair and make-up and I’m assuming someone who dresses her as well. And this is what they think looks good? And she pays them? Talk about getting ripped off.

While I’m at it, I didn’t particularly like Alexis’ dress either. I don’t like cut outs especially where hers were placed. She has better taste than that.

She and Tamra need to fire their people. Vicki needs people. Maybe she uses someone for the reunion cause she sure doesn’t on the show. I’m tired of her wearing those drape dresses that are pulled up in the back on her behind. You need to be tall, thin and younger to wear that.dress. Gretchen is even too old to wear that type of dress.

LOL at Gretchen’s reunion look and lots of good replies here – my favorite though was in the chat Kat From Ohio said “Gretchen looks like a figure skater on crack!” 😆

Iowagirl girl that go to prom don’t even dress like that. On PBS they show the old Lawrence Welk Show. That was 60’s-70’s right? They wore those dresses then. I’m all for vintage dressing but good vintage.

5. Obsessed with RH says:

Also I’m curious to see if anyone thinks that Gretchen did have a point when she said that Tamra and Vicki accuse her of doing the exact same things that she accuses Vicki of. I do find Vicki to be a huge hypocrite and don’t get me wrong Gretchen definitely tells some tall tales but it does seem that Vicki accuses Gretchen of the same thing Gretchen accuses Vicki and yet they each have excuses for why they’re allowed to harp on the other for the exact same behavior (well you did was different, well you accused his character, well you brought up his kid..)..

Gretchen has a point.. what a waste of time; I can’t believe they can’t talk about current topics from this season…we’re still talking about/thinking about Jay Photoglobe or whatever his name is??? Really? Seriously??? I don’t think G is completely innocent here with the Jay thing, and the dying finace thing,…but dang that topic is old, dead and cold. I DON’T CARE!!!! To be fair to the ladies it was Andy who threw it out there in the form of a question from a viewer. Really, Andy???? Let’s talk about THIS SEASON. puh-leeze.

• Iowagirl says:

I agree with you, the horse is not only dead but has already turned to dust. Let’s at least talk about the last couple of years. Same goes for the Laurie story about an email from SEVEN years ago. She is so boring she has to go back that far, really, nothing has happened to you in seven years that you can talk about.

• Rebecca says:

VIcky didn’t deny her infidelities when they were brought up.

• Obsessed with RH says:

Rebecca, you’re certainly right about that, but Vicki refused to see that her saying so much garbage about Slade being a deadbeat dad was hurtful to Gretchen just like Gretchen saying that Brooks was a deadbeat dad was hurtful to Vicki. If these women took their heads out of their butts they might be able to see that they’re accusing each other of the same thing! I can’t understand why no one else is saying to them “you’re accusing yourselves of the same stuff now shut up!” because it seems like Vicki is getting support and Gretchen is being accused of being the one to attack Vicki etc., Don’t get me wrong I’m tired of it ALL….I just thought it was interesting because it comes across like Vicki doesn’t have to own any fault aside from admitting infidelities and everyone else has to own every single thing they’ve done. Just a thought 🙂

• Rebecca says:

Well, Vicky had no right to bring up Slade’s child support problems to Gretchen, and Gretchen had no right to bring up Brooks’ child support problems to Vicky. The one difference is – and this is a huge one – is that Vicky didn’t use Brooks’ sick child as a storyline. Gretchen was disgusting using little Grayson for her own sympathy. Absolutely repulsive.

They say cause they’ve owned up to it and they know the stories are true about Gretchen and they want her to stop lying about it and own up to what she did. Whatever. They’re lips are moving and they keep going round and round w/it. Those three tell the truth how and when they want. It was funny when Alexis said when Vicki & Tamra asked her she said she saw Gretch and that stupid guy. Then Gretch says to Alexis “wait a minute. You’re saying something different now then what you said then”. Alexis said “I saw you but I didn’t see anything”. They said something to that affect. My point is you see how Gretch was comparing word for word what Alexis said then & now.

6. Rebecca says:

So let’s get this sorted out….

Adriana meets Fredric and they run off to have a quicky marriage at the courthouse.

They plan a big church wedding where they plan on including her son, who has no idea they are already married.

Her son doesn’t like it and Fredric calls off the church wedding.

At this point, Adriana knows her son’e feelings and keeps it from him, and thereby from everyone else in order to spare her son.

It’s not terrible of her keeping it a secret if this is the case, but I agree that she needs to face the consequence of keeping a secret like this from her son all these years.

Rebecca I’m sorry but it is. Let’s say this is true. She tells her son on national tv that they are getting married? Her son had such an emotional time w/the talk of the marriage. So when did she prepare him for this news? Right there on the season finale? And even if that is true after the finale why didn’t she do some type of media and say “I kept it from my son and told him on the finale and I wanted to tell the media after the finale, especially since its public record”. Her story doesn’t add up for me.

7. Iowagirl says:

I call BS on her entire story. Something is wrong with that lady.

8. melthehound says:

He’s touching me! She’s Touching me! He stabbed me! Kill me now…… Please.

Oh please it’s all I hear!!! I have my 2 girls my 2 nephews and my friends twins here today…all I hear is “he is looking at me ” “she said a bad word” ” no I didn’t” “yes you did” “I’m telling on you”!!!!!!! I need a martini!!!!!

• melthehound says:

Did one stab the other in the leg with a screwdriver?

Not yet but it’s early!!!!

• melthehound says:

Give it time 😆

Which is worse? Stabbing each other or spitting on each other? I Tell them to stay away from each other and this shit won’t happen but, Noooooooooooooooo… Can’t do anything smart like that….

Just had to deal with a spitting war this morning-I thought I would pop a blood vessel I was screaming so loud!! What’s with kids being so gross? I told them the next one to spit IN MY HOME would be the first to go play in traffic….

They need a Martini or you need a Martini? 🙂 Just teasing JNNTJ.

• Mene Seela says:

MTH & JnnTJ you ar cracking me up!

I use to secretly point at my brother (my mother couldn’t see my hand) and he would go ape-shit much to my delight.

Have fun!!

We used to do that too-my poor mother…7 of us and just her…we drove the poor woman crazy..

• Mene Seela says:

Oh my! That sounds like it was fun for you kids and tormenting to mom.

My son used to verrrrryyyyyy quietly tap-tap-tap on the bedroom wall adjacent to his older sister’s room until she would SCREAM at him. LOL.
          My kids (daughter and son) recently told me that one night he couldn’t sleep and became infuriated because he *heard* her singing over and over a song he hated … she completely denied this.
          🙂

Haha-your kids sound fun!!! I don’t know how my mother stayed sane all those years b/c with only having 2 kids I feel myself start to go a little koo koo every day!!!

• Mene Seela says:

My kids are a riot. Son specialized in annoying sounds. His sister hated the sound of slurping or other “wet” sounds so he would invent opportunities to make them. During a sleep over on our livingroom floor she kept waking up because the cat was grooming herself nearby…. so son in his leeping bag across the room would make that sound just to irritate her.
              He also would eat his spaghetti loudly which also drove her nuts.

I must admit I cracked up at their antics.

• In the car was the worst for me when my son would say “Betsys looking at me” So I’d say “Betsy close your eyes”. When they couldn’t keep their hands to themselves I made them put their hands on the top of their heads until I told them to put them in their lap. The only thing I’d hear is “Can I take my hands down Mommy? My arms are getting heavy” if they asked before I told them to put their hands in their laps and no more fighting or I’d go to the police station. This was before I understood what distracted driving really is i.e: Cellphones.

• Mene Seela says:

I was laughing at “Betsy close your eyes” great one! I never thought of that or put your hands on top of your head. Good mom.

My nephew would hum at my niece to annoy her.

• lulu says:

Oh no!!!!!! Mth!!!!!! 😉 the picture you paint………

• Laineylainey says:

LaineyGirl once ran into our bedroom and said, I can’t sleep, I think the kid in the wall is moving. Me: what??! Her: brother said you and daddy had a third child, but he lives in the wall. I would have welcomed “he touched me”, ” he’s looking at me”

9. melthehound says:

A New kid!!!!!… Welcome aboard BehindBleuEyes 😀

10. Mene Seela says:

Oh dear those OC ladies, how embarrassing for them …

The outfits, make-up & hair look like some sort of Project Runway challenge “Pagent Mother Cocktail Party”.

Sheesh.

• cusi77 says:

Gretchen hair style a la Scarlet O’Hara. Vicki found a hair brush from Alexis purse… Poor Alexis hair do… Tammy sue and Gretchen Dresses “Mother of the bride 1988”.

Cusi! You had me laughing out loud last night when you said this is the season that Vicki lost her hairbrush! 😆

So glad she found it. I think she was trying to hide her swollen face bit it just drew attention to her uncombed hair.

11. Amber...Real Wife says:

Thank you BBEYES. RHOM is one of my fave franchises.

Team Adriana… all day… everyday! Loved Ad S1 against the mean girls, Cristy and Larsa, S2 against HOanaKrup and now S3 against the evil LeaBlackheart. (in Lea voice) That woman is ruthlessssssss! Cackle Cackle.

I will readily believe that Lea knew all about the 1st wedding as she was the maid/matron of honor. S1 she called Ad out on ‘acting’ single and carefree in defense of her relationship w/ Frederique. as she went along with the Ad is single storyline and unable to trust men. She knew. S2 she threw Ad UTB and was TeamHoana yet demanded unwavering loyalty from her in her fights w/ Marisol and Ana. Lea is quick to insult others but acts like a innocent little bird when the tables are rightly turned on her. Oh ruthless slore puh-leeze! She’s a whore-ibble bitch who dumped Ad for the sexy ‘imdb ranked’ Hoana and storyline of a fraud victim. While “no good deed goes unpunished”… “there are good deeds and good intentions and they’re as far apart as heaven and hell”.

Interesting. I like this post. She also went up against KarenT in S2….but KarenT of course, never got the memo and just kept up her carrier pigeon ways, lol.

Amber I’M WITCHOU!!!!

Yay! 💞💞💞🎉🎊🎈🎁🎉🎊

12. designernailsdiana says:

BehindBleuEyes THANK YOU for blogging RHOM. I watched the repeat later so I could see how this season will play out.

13. djprincessc says:

I really liked RHOM last season, but why do I feel that this season its a 100% written, scripted show?? They’re not even trying to hide it! Those intros showing Joanna getting off the plane and the Adrianna and Alexia getting ready???? What am I watching?? This is the first time they’ve done an intro like this right? I don’t remember any of the other shows doing this. Was def not a fan of it!

The filming style is different on Miami and I like it, but not sure I noticed anything different other than I don’t think we saw some clips of that within the body of the show, like A getting dressed… I’ll go back and look again tonight.

DJP you know what that reminded me of? Dynasty. The opening scene when they start to show the women they show jewelry, clothed, cars. That scene was like the opening to an eighties night time soap.

The production. It made it seem like a freakin Pitbull music video.
      Lea get over yourself Mary Kay

Joanna will wisen up to her by next season and then Lea will have NOBODY

14. cusi77 says:

Thank you BehinBlueEyes, for Blogging RHOM. Welcome!

15. VV says:

Thanks for the blog and welcome BehindBleuEyes.
    I don’t watch RHOM but like to keep up with what’s going on by reading the blogs.

16. VV says:

Question for Bethenny fans.
    Do any of her books tell the story of how “she” decided to market SGM?

• designernailsdiana says:

In her “A Place of Yes” book she talks about getting her BRAND in peoples ears. She picked her logo and then started talking about it. She was an Entrepreneur long before SGM brand came out. She bought Pashminas (sp?) and sold them to friends after finding one she liked and not wanting to pay the big mark up on it so she contacted the company directly and became a distributor/seller.
      She’s ballsy and smart, in money matters, not in love though.

• VV says:

Thanks Diana. Yes, she was always an entrepreneur, a broke one I might add “her words” not mine.
        I am specifically interested on her big ticket item: The SGM. When she started RHONY she was peddling muffins and baked goods. I want to know how she went from muffins to spirits.

• designernailsdiana says:

She was always telling bartenders how to make a skinny margarita. She realized people wanted them so she made a pre mixed recipe and it was a hit. She lost money time and sleep with her Bethenny Bakes company. The sharks on Shark Tank would’ve ripped her to shreds if she tried to propose that to them to invest in.

• VV says:

I love the Shark Tank. It’s one of those shows where you go WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT! 😆
            In regards to B. I think her partner (the one that she split 50/50 the millions for the sale of SGM) is the real brains behind the SGM operation. I think he was the one that approached her with the idea to mass market the drink. IMO.

JILL and MTH you guys are cracking me up! When my boys were in middle school the craze was Counterstrike on-line and with headphones so you could network. They would be in their rooms next door to each other playing the game on their computers yelling and trash talking at each other on their headphones. Go figure.

18. VV says:

Can’t they just go to an event w/o any confrontations?

• VV says:

You know what I noticed Powell. How quickly Melissa turn the conversation to blame Teresa that Jen had talked about bad about Mel. In other words, her brain is wired to no matter what, Teresa is to blame. Melissa is a sneaky, such a manipulator. 666 itself.

I want to know who brings Jen and why is $hit face Kim D STILL allowed at any function?
      Stick to your words ladies.

RHOM S3 Taglines:

Alexia Echevarria “This Cuba doll is back on the scene and living the dream.”

Lisa Hochstein “Everyone loves to underestimate me and I look to prove everyone wrong.”

Adriana de Moura “Some people say I have secrets, but I say I’m full of surprises.”

Joanna Krupa “Don’t hate me because I have it all, hate me because I’m beautiful.”

Lea Black “I live my life lie everything maters, because I think it does.”

Joanna’s is the most annoying ever – like Jill said. So arrogant – as Lainey pointed out. And all I got is “no Joanna, we hate you because of your personality!” 😛

I heard their new taglines but didn’t listen closely. Thks.

Thank you for the recap BehindBleuEyes! Welcome!

Random thoughts on RHOM…scroll past if you don’t like….I can hear scrolling!!!! 😉 I enjoy RHOM and didn’t find it to be a snoozer last night, I thought it was a good season opener whereas they have to refresh us on a few things. And I think that’s what they were doing with Alexia and family. They got Alexis mom on screen to make up for no Mama Elsa, but frankly she is impossible to replicate. So now we have all the ladies on this franchise are married and the only other that HW’s that laid claim to that was NJ.

I could go on about Lea’s interior decorating needs…for Lea not to be involved would be the best help. But what a good question – what about the Star Island house? Someone dig that up STAT. jk

I’m disappointed in Adriana concealing the fact that she was already legally married to get extra camera/storytime to have another wedding to the same man. Her explanation last night only made it worse! By the way, what a great impression of Lea, by Fredric, no?! Ha ha! Yeah, WHAT progress what made on that termite hole boat?!

Basically, what I see that I don’t like, besides Hoanna being her usual ho-ass-bitch self, is that Adriana and Lea seem to be co-consirators in the past-wedding/past-friendship drama. Very disappointed in this seems all set up. fake fake fake 👿

I have wavered back and forth with Adriana over time and I appreciate the background that Angie posted upthread – very good info!

When Hoanna was on WWHL last night with a cackling Lea; Lisa tweeted a message that Andy read and I wish I heard all of it, but she called out Joanna for being a bitch how on the show she said she would freeze her eggs so she wouldn’t have problems like Lisa. That was just uncalled for. See, each week she gives me new material to think she’s a bitch, so why would I think differently?!

The funny thing I noticed last night, while I was disappointed Ana didn’t return as a regular, the few minutes she was on last night sucked! It was awful. The sour expression on her face. The only time she added to the conversation she was so rude. I believe Lisa was pointing out something to do with Adriana that tied to Lea being upset at her for not backing her up (at the last reunion) and Ana said because she was shocked…Lisa acknowledged Ana as being in a bad place with Lea because of what went down and Ana was downright condescending to Lisa and told her “…try to keep up..” It was shades of NJ “pay attention puleeeze.” I tell you, she treated her like she thought she was an idiot and I just didn’t see why the disrespect.

Seeing where the franchise is evolving like what Bravo does to trash them, but if you saw S1 – S2 was better and I’m not sure S3 can beat that with fabricated drama IMO. But I just love the Miami scene and we get to SEE a lot of it on this show (unlike other franchises that are stuck filming indoors at restaurants when local) and I love the accents, the cultural side, the men are decent, especially since we don’t have to see Roy, ugh. Oh I said some of this last night…Carry on.

TexasTart I also enjoyed Miami. I didn’t think of it that Alexia’s mom was on cause Mama Elsa couldn’t be. I hope she’s ok. I am so pissed w/Adrianna. The fake engagement was just so she could get a wedding spinoff. Oh gosh. I really enjoyed Bethenny & Kim’s wedding (most of Kim’s wedding) but that’s it. I don’t want to see anymore wedding spinoffs. I like NeNe but I’m not watching hers and I don’t like Tamra & really really won’t be watching hers. These ladies want the spinoff success of B & K so bad they can taste it. Adrianna is lying to get it. And of course we see Gretchen’s fake engagement is so she can get her Bravo wedding next season. But I digress. When Adrianna told her son on the season finale that they were getting married he didn’t look surprised. When they showed that clip last night I thought he had a look of “but you’re already married”. Why would she not think the Miami Herald or some other paper or blogger would dig that up? And then she was using her bad actings skills to throw the blame on Fredrik. She tells him its all his fault the Lea is mad at her cause she thinks she lied. She lied, not Fredrik. And I just thought of this. She told the ladies Lea knows they are married. She was a witness. Why didn’t she say that to Fred when she was screaming at him? I don’t think Adrianna is remembering her lies.
      Hoanna. HA. I thought that was an autocorrect until you wrote it again. I’ve never liked Joanna. Even before she joined Miami I’ve seen her in a couple other things, other shows and I didn’t like her. I’m happy for Marta dating an Andretti. I hope she’s happy.
      Lea needs to be out of the house when the interior designers are there. Why does she have do much furniture in the ballroom? Ballrooms I’ve seen in the movies don’t have a lot of furniture.

• Rebecca says:

I love the Miami landscape. Its so unique to the franchise. It’s almost the sixth housewife.

Lisa and her husband bought the Star Island house. They were fighting the historical zoning the last I heard. Has there been anymore movement?

The last time I saw anything on the news was I believe June/July & they were still fighting. This is very expensive. I hope they can at least compromise and not just turn their request down.

• Laineylainey says:

I’mma goe-nah tail ya why the disrespect from Ana toward Lisa. Because Karent ain’t around for Ana to kick around no moe. why am I talking like that? Forgive me…back to Ana; It’s what she does…the target doesn’t seem to matter, she looks down on Lisa, just like she did with Karent. If Lisa leaves the show, she’ll find someone else to talk down to.

So youse a thinkin that she’s that way naturally, just the target varies….she needs to find new one! Lisa did not have Ana to the gathering at her house in that same episode. Of course she said because Lea was expected to come.

• Laineylainey says:

Yep, TT, Thayats what I was a’thinkin!!! It seems to be her pattern. Doesn’t make her evil incarnate just makes her flawed. So glad I’m not on a reality show showing off all of my flaws. Oh well….

Thank you everyone with the replies to my i-phone and mass text question. I don’t guess there is any solving that problem if it’s a glitch or default in the i-phone….they need to fix that! 😕

Interesting to see the “V” word addressed last night and also interesting to find out Chismosa’s bad word revealed….always something to 😆 about around here!

Hey everyone. I missed you all today. I left my photo at home & I don’t use the work computer to access the blog. Prying eyes you know. Welcome Behind Bleu Eyes. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. I can’t wait to read your blog. I hope you all had a great day.

Oh gosh. A robbery in a Louisiana bank. There are hostages.

This is George’s and my “adopted” little girl Jackie Evancho. Check out David’s Fosters face
    @ 1:18.

25. lulu says:

Love me some little people marathon!!!! Can’t think of a more deserving couple!! Too cute
    They genuinely love him unlick the fashion accessory the rancids have.

Why do I think that Bethenny is going down in flames like Paula Dean? Why would Bethenny not settle this divorce case before she is launching a new talk show?
    Even the attorney on the Today show mentioned that with the newest ruling regarding Paula Dean and the discrimination charges, the judge ruled in her favor, and Paula is still screwed. Plaintiff is white and was not subjected to the racial slur directly. Only witnessed them. Judge made a good call. So why is Paula screwed? She did not settle. If she settled then it would have gone away. Five years down the road retailers are going to avoid Dean like the plague.

Bethenny is going to have the same situation. Viewers are going to be thinking about what is best for Bryn not Bethenny. Bethenny is committing PR suicide. Bethenny is too stubborned to see how compromise maybe her best friend. I bet Ellen’s Production team are totally stressed.

B is not ready to call uncle on the doe if Jason wants more than the prenup & she probably isn’t budging w/custody & child support. We shall see.
      It hasn’t been that long for Paula Deen. Once this over and there is an overhaul of her image she sill be back in full force. Did I see today that some company wants to do biz? I could be mistaken since I didn’t watch what it was.

• lulu says:

Was thinking the same. Poor Bryn when she is old enough to google imagine googling how much her mom hates her father. Then the other crazy things her mother has done. This is who is “giving advice?” Unless its a hour long drinkfest no substance there. Her actions sealed the deal. Kris jenner has a better shot as long as she keeps it light.

• melthehound says:

How else is Bethenny going to stay in the news?

I’m cracking up MTH & JNNTJ. You could go on all day. “Adventures in Babysitting.” I haven’t seen that movie in a long time. You too could be the 2013 sequel. 🙂

Oh MTH I’ve been meaning to ask you if you stuck with “The Hero” and saw who won on the season finale? I stuck w/it. It was good.

• melthehound says:

No I haven’t Powell. Between the kids and everything else, I haven’t been able to keep up with much.

• looneylucy says:

I’m curious also, Powell. Now that it’s down to the finale, I won’t sit thru the entire one hour without being able to FF. Too many whiners and criers.

I have a posting question for those in the know. So many times I try to post. I’m typing from a laptop. I’m typing in the middle of a word and the whole reply vanishes, and my typeface is like at 175 percent. If I sign-in first, sometimes it helps. For the most part, a once sentence “reply” can vanish. I’ve typed this “one letter at a time very slowly”. I learned to type on a manual typewriter from the 7th grade on, so I know how to type. People are posting from phones. What’s my problem? How do I recover a post I’ve invested my thoughts and keystrokes in that vanished out of nowhere? I would post more often, but 90% of them end up in la la land somewhere!

See, now that I’m bitching…everything…no wait..everything is going ok. Post!

I’m sure you can type, lucy! Sorry you’re having such frustating problems losing posts! I post mostly by pbone and some by desktop…wbich shouldn’t be that different than a laptop. I haven’t had an identical problem…but I have issues with refresh, posting and it drags something awful a desktop with Windows XP. Other weird thingz happen in the text box. And this is a fast computer, but WordPress is set for being run by Windows 7 and 8.

So that’s my only advise is to have a most recent edition of an operating system, regardless of the type of computer.

AZgirl, I saw your complaint the other day and if your operating system is older, it might not be the games afterall…

This is a good showing for Miami

30. chismosa says:

Thank you Behind Bleu Eyes for recapping !! Welcome !

I’m team Adri all the way. And I love how some people kept pronouncing her name Audrianna— NO that is Teresa’s son, I mean daughter’s name. It’s ahhhhhh like ahhhhhhhdriana

———-
    Joanna said last year that when she and Romain first dated they had a crazy sex life. So she contradicted herself by saying yesterday that they never had much going on in the bedroom. Aha. Something is off there.

Is Marta dating the guy that was on celebrity Apprentice?? The dud who stepped in for his father? Personality plus that one

What did Marisol mean by more cockies please??

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
    I’m going to respond again in a bit when I’m settled but did you all see the couple on Interior Therapy tonight? The guy looks like that last man Liza Minnelli married!!! Rotfl!

Yes, that was Marco that stepped in on CA. Interesting they both have ties to reality TV…but neither of them a slave to it. So happy for Marta to get away from that crazy ho sister of hers.
      What did Marysol say???! I also wanted to know what that meant.

Marysol calls cocktails “cockies”….I like her but that’s annoying…like “champs”!!!!

Ok my mind was going to a dirty LAINEY esque place

giggle

I didn’t know what the hell she was talking about but then I saw on twitter that she was telling Lisa how delish the drinks were and how she knows her “cockies”
            By the way the drink was jalapeño vodka and pink lemonade…I gotta try that!! I love vodka and pink lemonade(pink panty(bad word) droppers) and with the heat from the jalapeño I bet it is fabulous!!!!

Listen Review your lunch and FEED THE WORMS before you drop that moist word around here.

Hahahhaha

I don’t like spicy stuff at all but I’d like to try that….hmmmmmm 🍹🍸🍹🍸🍹

• Laineylainey says:

Oh honey I went there and came back and then went back again…but I decided not to jump on the cockie Train. LOLOLOLOL

I knew it……👌👌

Marisol is good with the one liners …..
              Remember carrier pigeon — and some others. She is funny

31. lulu says:

I have two secret addictions. There are only two reality shoes that I really look forward to. Airplane repo and gold rush are my favorite guilty pleasure. Anyone catch jungle gold and surprised their still alive? 😉

32. chismosa says:

Sorry just reading upwards – can someone tell me where the background info on Adrianna is that Angie posted? I don’t see it here —-

THANKS

33. rabblerouser2010R says:

Hi everyone…I am back from Vegas…the ride home was long and hard..there was a big traffic jam on the 15 south as there was an accident that involved 4 car. The back end of one car was completely crushed all the way to the front seats. I pray no one was sitting back there, as I fear they wouldn’t have survived it.

Sad ending for what I’m hoping was a great trip?

Jill not sure when you’ll see this but the munchkin from Princesses seemed to have suffered a 2nd stroke

I saw it on twitter yesterday-

I’m intrigued.
            Maybe she just needed extra strong Benadryl??

Ok— NOT FUNNY.
            Hope she’s ok, she’s still annoying
            I believe there is some link to lupus being mentioned ?
            I need to read up about lupus

I heard about her maybe having lupus but I don’t know anything about it-I think I will read about it myself.
              Very strange to hear someone so young suffering a stroke right? I don’t know anything about strokes either…maybe I need to read up on that too!

Yeah hope Rabble the rest of the trip was nice.
      Car accidents are the worst to see 😦

Hi girls, yes the trip was great. My girls loved seeing their auntie and Zio…not to mention their Pawpaw (DH’s dad) and NaiNai (his wife). MIL grated on my nerves a bit but it was nice having her around to help watch the kids.

I also ‘accidentally’ won $250 on roulette. It was electronic and I meant to play .50 cents (you had to play at least $5.00 but you could do it with 10 50 cent bets). I accidentally entered $20.50 so my sister was trying to help me to cancel it by swiping it down but it ended up on different section of the board….and it hit.

34. VV says:

Chismo,

I still think that these are Warren’s legs and B was trying to be clever with this pic and caption by putting the attention on the dog instead.

This is my new boyfriend. He's a dog.

A post shared by Bethenny Frankel (@bethennyfrankel) on

Totally. I took a snapshot of it to compare to the next pic we see of them next
      time they’re “platonically” traveling the world together again.

😉

• VV says:

I hate it when people think they are so clever and try to fool all of us. I find that disrespectful and arrogant! 😡👿

35. chismosa says:

Bethenny on GMA. I don’t quite get it. She’s just at the end of the anchors’ table?
    What is the point ?

It’s not an interview — so weird !?!

36. chismosa says:

VV oh my god I’m dying here—– Bethenny is at the GMA table and they’re discussing an actor’s fight for parental rights of his 3 yr old.

I’m dying !!!! The irony !! 😂😂😂
    (Not same exact I know but still)

• VV says:

Was she there for a segment? How was she received by the audience?

VV IMHO the co-anchors were like “whaaaaaaat” at some quips she was making about sperm donor/ father.
        Echhhh
        Josh Elliott and George were not amused/ impressed it seemed.

When she was OUTSIDE I didn’t see crowds crying over her with joy but maybe that’s typical when they do interviews sitting outside ?

• VV says:

I just think is so ironic that somebody with a messed up life and crazy ideas like leaving your daughter to your hairdresser if you die, no relationship with her mother, leaning across the globe to Hon Kong while maried with a male friend ( now her boyfriend ), telling us her 3 year old wants to be veganetc etc etc has any business with a talk show about advise when she doesn’t practice what she preaches. I just can’t!

Yup she keeps mentioning in this “book tour” that “you can get obsessive about what you eat”

……..from the mom putting the 3 yr old on vegan diet. Ok !

And im sorry, but to not attend Julie’s wedding??? Speaks volumes 📣📣📣📣

Commitments or not. Weddings are usually arranged and booked early on. Fishy fishy

Just a little info on the kid not eating meat….neither of my girls started eating meat until they were 4 or 5 -they hated the texture and would spit out any meat I tried to give them-even a chicken nugget which is a staple amongst the toddler set. Now they eat everything but it took along time for that to happen.

• JNNTJ I agree. My oldest daughter refused to eat meat for 2 yrs. It was the same thing, the texture.
                After reading/listening to her book A Place of Yes I’m done with B. I won’t watch her talk show nor buy her products. She is a hypocrite and does not live how she advised her readers to come from a place of yes. She expounded on how great and wonderful Jason was and how they worked together to make sure Bryn had the best of both her Mommy and Daddy. Her words are haunting her now!

Jill thanks —– I GET the picky eater things. I know from friends of mine …….but to just not give Bryn a chance to eat the meat would bug me.
                She’d probably spin it as “Bryn didn’t like animal products”

Toss the cookies /// blah blah

But thank you for the 411…..

Lynn’s B-day today. 😦

I miss Lynn, and the way she made me laugh.

• melthehound says:

I remember a year ago today Boston, we were trying to figure out if Jac had ever been a stripper.

Oh dear I hadn’t realized. I’m sorry.

Oh Lynn, miss you so. 😦

Thanks Boston

Yes it is. Happy Birthday Lynn.

With all due respect to boston, powell and whoever else has posted while I googled….it is August 16. I can not find any reference here or the real obituarity, but here’s this

It is August 16th.

• VV says:

Your intentions where good Boston. I remember your comments that terrible morning. We were all wondering how come the new blog was not up yet. Little did we know 😦

• melthehound says:

I don’t remember the exact date.. All I remember for certain is what I was doing that morning and, again when someone chose to attack Lynn on her birthday of all days. I don’t miss the attacks but I do miss my popcorn 😉

• plainviewsue says:

I remember the day exactly, which I see now was 8/16. My two friends were over. It was a beautiful hot day on Long Island & we were in the pool.

Came in the house & as usual went right on twitter. That’s when I started to see tweets about it & I was in shock. I kept thinking my god what a horrible joke. Who would play this terrible disgusting twitter joke.

I tweeted @blockedbyjillzarin & asked her if this was true. She tweeted back immediately that it was. I then went on the blog to read posts. I lied on my bed and broke down crying. For someone that I had never physically met, but who I loved. Not just the blog, but tweeting back and forth. Sending each other DM’s.

Thank you NMD and all of the other wonderful bloggers and posters who kept this blog alive. Lynn would be so proud and happy that we all stuck together~

• melthehound says:

I remember people thinking it was a joke. In my mind it could have been because Lynn had been under attack quite a bit at that time. Lynn and I didn’t really see eye to eye at the time but the post that really got to me that day was one attacking her, on her birthday, as revenge for her JZ Bday blog.

• plainviewsue says:

Didn’t she pass on her birthday? Can’t believe it’s a year ago 😦

• melthehound says:

Yes. She passed on her birthday. I think she had made a new post that day and there wasn’t one the next day and that’s when we found out. She likely never saw the birthday wishes she received that day because usually before noon or so, she was off at her job.

• VV says:

Jeff, I think to recall Cathy (her sister) mentioning that she read the birthdays wishes to Lynn when she was at the ER. 😦

• melthehound says:

I hope she got to know about it one way or another. I hope something from the blog that day made her laugh or at least smile.

38. chismosa says:

Thought so, I know it’s not the 15th because that’s such a huge holiday for us so I associate that one way, i remember Lynn being around it somewhere.
    I always arrange birthdays and such a certain way in my
    head
    Ok the 16th.

Awwww 😦

Good Morning….64 degrees in NY!! What a beautiful morning!!!

Jill I’m in HEAVEN ……🌁🌁🌁🌁🙏🙏🙏

Oooh, I am so jealous! I’m getting the first flight out of hot-as-hell-Texas!

Tartsy-get a flight and come on over….we are going for a bike ride this afternoon…you can help with all the kiddies!!!!

Now, that would be a change of pace for me! 🙂
          I was lauging away at MTH and your comments yesterday…

We all need a change of pace sometimes!!!
            I’m not sure how much laughing me and Jeff were doing yesterday but I’m glad we amused others!!!!

40. Sasha says:

Her birthday is the 16th. I was going to comment to her that we had the same birthday.

Good morning everyone. Its hump day. So happy. The sun is shinning bright. I hope you all have a great day.

42. VV says:

JNTJ,
    We just have to agree to disagree on this one. I believe she was the first one to come out on TV and ordered the drink, the low cal drink. She is the face SGM. However, I don’t think it was her idea to market it. I just don’t. She gave up 50% ownership to David. THAT’S A LOT. She would only do that if there is more to the story than we now know. She’s a control freak. If that’s her baby why not give up 25% instead? I cannot think of one reason for her to give up 50% ownership of SGM when it was her creation. Can anybody?

• AZGirl says:

I wonder how well her SGM products are doing. Albertson’s and Bashas’ have slashed the prices of all the SGM at their stores. Down to less than 10.00 a bottle.

• VV says:

Maybe those drinks are a fad……but she sells other healthy dirty type stuff too. Remember, she sold it to Beam she’s only the face. She got her millions on that product.

………….innnnnnteresting …………..

And AZGIRL ^^^^ maybe it’s to make room for all the new freakin flavors coming out all the time? Maybe they have to remove old product? Just an idea.
      One wouldn’t think so if they are SO popular

VV-I didn’t know we were disagreeing about it! You asked about it and I remembered that I read an article that kind answered your question. She said in the article that she tried to market it and everyone said no except David Kanbar. If he knew how to get it on the shelves maybe he asked to be a full partner? Idk. I think if it was he who approached her to market it there would be no shame in saying so. I don’t know what we are disagreeing on except that I like her and you don’t. There is nothing wrong with that!!!

• VV says:

I think she’s lying when she claims she tried marketing by herself. I don’t think she ever did. She had a bug platform Bravo and she chose to market muffins instead.
        I think David is the brains behind the drink and the one that came up with the idea of marketing THAT IS WHY he was owner of 50% of SGM. B would like us to believe her story nobody listened to her because she was a female. Well, produce the evidence. Who did you talk to before David? nd isn’t it odd she never mentioned she had this drink she was trying to sell on RHONY? ODD!!! All we got were muffins.

Why would anyone come out now and say”we turned down a multi million dollar product”? They would only look stupid that they passed up a good idea. She ordered the drink on the show but I can see her not saying I want to market this-why give her idea away? Muffins have been around forever so who cares about that idea? But SGM wasn’t around so why let the cat out of the bag? I get that you think she is lying-but I don’t see any proof of that. I see a successful marketing idea that went from the kitchen to the shelves….not many people know that kind of success. If it ever comes out that this idea belonged to someone else than I will be the first one to admit I was wrong-but until then I just see her as a smart business woman who got to see her idea become a reality.

• VV says:

So we agree to disagree.
            I think David saw marketing genius with the drink and approached her. The cat was out of the bag when she supposedly approached all those other companies that turned her down.

Ok so we disagree on who may have approached first-but why do you think she didn’t want to market the SGM? Please don’t think I’m being argumentative-I’m not-at all. I’m just curious why you think that?

• VV says:

I think she saw RHONY as a vehicle to promote herself as a Chef and her Muffin brand. I don’t think she at the time, realized the potential of marketing “a drink”. I think her PR people saw it first, presented the idea to her and she saw it could go somewhere and went for it. “I” personally don’t think she saw it. “I” think her PR people saw it first and she went along with it.
                Why? Again, her expertise was catering and healthy muffins. That’s all we saw at first and all she promoted first. When the series became a hit. Her PR people started to look for ways of turning that success into more opportunities and money

Good morning everyone! Cloudy and rainy here. High about 109 today. August is a bit#h.

Agreed. 106 here yesterday. The worst part is how many hours a day it’s over 100 and keeping the house all closed, keeping most of the blinds drawn, etc. However, this is not a bad summer here, just too dry.

I hate to say this but . . . low 80s today and even cooler tomorrow. Az and TT, you are welcome to my home for a cooling off period (so to speak). Loving this weather!

That’s great, husker! I know you more than paid your dues this winter, so you should enjoy this all you can!

• cusi77 says:

Here in Windy City, in the lower 60″s (is summer gone?) Next week will probably be Summer again! Not envying you AZGirl and TT!!! Haa! Kidding! I’m glad I moved from Vegas!!!

• Rebecca says:

You’re getting rain? Damnit that’s not fair.

It’s in the 70’s here in VA. Beautiful!

45. lizzle says:

Hello everybody! I’m gonna jump right in and say that the reunion didn’t do OC Lydia any favors. I liked her before the reunion and now I don’t. Lydia, the self-appointed genius of the group, didn’t seem to enjoy her time on the show. She is defensive towards everyone… even the viewer’s questions! I really liked her during the season. In my mind… she had a really great newbie season… and then the reunion came and she blew it… for me, anyways.

I think for a rookie experiencing her first reunion, she held her own pretty well. She had a good first season and didn’t let those women (or Slade or Terry) walk all over her.

• lizzle says:

Hi BB!
        I agree about Lydia during the season… and am hoping that Lydia makes a comeback (for me) in Part 3 of the reunion.

• cusi77 says:

Lydia was certainly a surprise when the Season started and how well she held Herself… Saying that she is a genius wasn’t her brilliant moment. She is above average OC Housewife Intelligent? Yeap! Look at Gretchen! (bad example, sorry…)

Perhaps she was referring to her I.Q. We were considering having my son skip a grade when he was itty bitty (kindergarten) so in the evaluation, they administered an IQ test. My son has a genius I.Q., I never told him until mid college and he was unimpressed with it. I didn’t tell him early on because he already had quite a bit of disdain for his public school education and most of his teachers. Sorry, but that’s the truth. He was never disrespectful to them, but there were so many years when he was bored out of his gourd and many of the public school teachers were so focused on rules and keeping everything fair…it was maddening. But there were some jewels in there, too (great teachers); but not many. When I told him about his i.q., He said something like “That’s weird, I don’t make all A’s” …. I said, “you rarely study hard, though and you still make decent grades from just attending classes and reading over the material” Him: “Yeah, true that.” Me: “Just imagine if you’d worked really, really hard.” Him: “ummm, yeah” (sounds like a real genius, doesn’t he?) LOLOLOL

However, after he graduated he mentioned to me something that he noticed that is unique about him in his field,…he is able to learn new software and editing techniques unusually fast and able to execute the new info immediately. That’s kinda awesome. huh? Oh back to Lydia.

Lydia is cute. Lydia is a genius. yay!!!

• lizzle says:

My first reaction to Lydia saying she was a genius was that she was kidding… and then when she didn’t crack a smile… I knew she was serious. Then… I kept waiting for her to quantify it by telling us her IQ number… I am still waiting…

That’s great about your son. And if he chooses to go around announcing it to strangers (Lydia was replying to how some viewers perceive her)… he has an IQ number that quantifies the fact that he is a genius.

Also, about your son not making all A’s… Einstein was a genius and did horrible in school.

But hey… nobody is perfect… which is actually what I want Lydia to admit!!!

• lizzle says:

The “nobody’s perfect” remark was not about your son, LL… I am talking about Lydia’s weird genius remark… and she actually didn’t say she was a genius, but that she “thinks” she is a genius. If that was the only thing that made me cringe… I could let it go… but she couldn’t even laugh at herself during the reunion.

Oh, I know it wasn’t about him (or me). Like that’s gonna stop me? I still made it about us. LOL!!! Yeah, I cringed when she said it, too. She may very well be a genius, but she exhibited social ineptitude. ugh. Aside from that, she didn’t bug me too much. I liked that she went toe to toe with Her Heatherness. Kinda threw H off her game a little bit, because she’s accustomed to being surrounded by idiots. Lydia is not an idiot and will not be talked down too. However, she is similar to Heather in that she, too, talks down to someone who is not at her (self perceived) level. She can be just as snotty, but this time she’s directing toward people I’m not crazy about. Slade and heather.

Hi Lizzle, I doubt he will ever announce it…he could have gotten his ass kicked. In Texas he probably would have as a kid.if he’d gone around telling people “I’m a genius” …haha!! that’s part of why I kept mum. I don’t think he tells anyone because of the expectations people might have,…like, “yeah, right Einstein.” He did a lot of waiting. Waiting for his peers to catch up. I begged his second grade teacher to stop having the class take turns reading aloud everyday because he wanted to jump out of his skin. She was/is a friend of mine and actually stopped doing that and instead called kids up to read for her one on one while the rest of the class read material of their choice (silently i.e. at their own speed). She ended up enjoying that time bonding with the students and giving them personal notes without embarrassing the individual students in front of everyone. She was one of the nice ones. Most weren’t so accommodating. I remember her telling me, don’t worry, he’ll thrive in college. He was 8 at the time, I remember thinking…”cool, I only have to wait 10 years for him to “thrive”. awesome.” (sarcastic) So we did a lot at home, I would take him to the library, got a computer, got him software with games, some educational stuff (big fail most of it was boring too)…but he loved the geography and history games …so that was cool. I would pick him up from school and he would tell me, I feel like I’ve been sleep walking all day. But I’m wide awake now!!! Whereas my daughter whose i.q. is above average, she was more “on target” and I would pick her up and she’d get in the car and immediately fall sleep in the car. She was completely spent, physically and mentally. She was, therefore, happier in school. He was happier, much, much happier when he wasn’t in school!!!

Oh well, Lainey takes another walk down memory lane.

• Rebecca says:

Wouldn’t YOU consider yourself a genius up against that crowd? None of those women are brighter than a 20-watt bulb.

I think Lydia was jokingly saying “I’m a genius”. She said it during the season once or twice but I took it as her just kidding around.

RR just reading about your trip. Glad you had a good time. And you accidentally winning at roulet reminds me of the I Love Lucy epi when she & Ethel go into the casino in Monte Carlo after Ricky told her not to & what happens? She wins a boat load of money by accident playing roulet. Good for you winning. I hope you treat yourself to something nice. Welcome home.

47. designernailsdiana says:
    • cusi77 says:

Thank you for posting this Diana! Wow! She is 31 and… her friend said “Another stroke”?
      She is way too young for being having strokes!

oh gosh, poor girl. (if it’s true) Since she did have herself driven to the hospital after running away from her friends to roll around in the fields of corn. I know it was a vineyard, but field of corn sounds better. Seriously, though – if this is true…it is really sad that she is having these strokes at such a young age. Could someone like this ever have children? If it were my daughter, I wouldn’t want her to risk it.

I thought this tweet meant that Carole’s book was released but it’s pre-order status with a Feb 2014 ship date. Wasn’t she writing this book while filming Season 5. Anybody in the publishing world want to explain how copies are printed 6 months in advance but not for the public? Maybe it’s strategic marketing to coincide with a RHONY episode to air in February.

• grassynowell says:

Well… I’m not in the publishing world, but I am a librarian.

Wait. I’m going to say that more powerfully.

I AM A LIBRARIAN (imagine my hands on my hips, very superwoman like).

Anyway… we sometimes get advanced reader copies to read – sometimes they don’t have the final cover artwork, sometimes they are not completely edited, etc. For example, right now I’m reading an excellent book about the Tudors that I received at the American Library Association conference at the end of June that won’t be out for the public until October. It works well for publishers (when it’s a good book) because I already have patrons excited about it and on the waiting list. A book that otherwise would have probably just come in with minimal fanfare.

Yes. Librarians ARE that powerful. I didn’t get that Masters Degree for nothin’.

Goddess and Keeper of the Written Word…all hail thee!!

• Rebecca says:

Wait – what? A new book on the Tudors? Spill! Which ones? The whole family?

• grassynowell says:

Ooooh. It’s really good. It’s the whole family – Starting with Owen Tudor and working itself forward. It’s called “Tudor: Passion. Manipulation. Murder. The Story of England’s Most Notorious Royal Family” by Leanda de Lisle. Comes out in October.

Hi grassynowell, good to see you again. I should have asked if anyone would know..because I sure would not want to omit Librarians! lol Enjoyed your reply an superwoman stance…thanks for the info! 🙂

Advanced copies or “gallies” as they’re called—- correct.

What is Heather’s problem??? (I can’t open the Instagram for some reason)

Don’t think Heather is expressing a problem! You mean because you can’t see it? Instagram pics can only be viewed on the latest operating systems, so maybe that’s why you can’t view it.
          In the pic, she’s holding a hard copy of Caroles’s book.

Tarts, IMHO I think they delayed the release of the book. I think the FINISHED final copies were printed already and they’re using the exposure of the next season to bump sales.

And then I found this little jewel….

• VV says:

Don’t forget Kelly hangs out with the “in” crowd in NYC. Remember how jealous B was when Kelly first came on the show? Not surprised Carole tweeted that as it is all about who you know with the NYC crowd.

Yes, Bethenny was very jelly. It was like she didn’t deem KBB worthy of her then-fabulous life and all of her fabulous friends. Remember when Ramona went to watch KBB ride and KBB was so rude!!! She would yell out “Hiiiiyeeeee” when Ramona was in the middle of a sentence. She barely acknowledged Ramona when Ramona first arrived to the venue. That was so awkward. But that’s KBB. Super awkward. I loved how B called her out for pretending like they were meeting for the first time. “No, we’ve met before. Several times, yet you always act like you don’t know me…” something like that. It was great.

• VV says:

I think Kelly’s excuse was that they were not formally introduced or something in those lines. I think from Kelly’s point of view B was a nobody and forgettable ( again very possible in that plastic world). Kelly was and perhaps is a little stuck up but she hangs with a very exclusive crowd and they might look down at the little people.

50. VV says:

Lainey, What happened with LaineySon? Did he get the job?

Yes, VV!! they made him a nice offer on Friday. He accepted yesterday, Tuesday. This is all verbal (oy!) so until they get the paperwork in order and everyone signs on the dotted line, they are paying him at his freelance rate which is awesome. He is happy. We’re happy for him.

51. VV says:

Giudice’s News:

‘Real Housewives’ stars Teresa and Joe Giudice plead not guilty – U.S. News http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/14/20025731-real-housewives-stars-teresa-and-joe-giudice-plead-not-guilty?lite via @NBCnews

Joe didn’t know he wasn’t an american citizen. Maybe I should use that one. LOL

• VV says:

You need a passport to travel to Europe and to come back to the US. He must have traveled with an Italian passport on that documented trip. I’m sure at customs he had to stand in line with the Residents and Non-US citizens. US citizens have a line if their own.
        Did Feinstein really say that or a reported speculated? I mean was that a quote from Feinstein?

I read it on the link you put up. As I’m sure you have heard they both plead not guilty
          and they are not going to throw each other under the bus. I think that’s a mistake.
          Trial starts Oct 8th.

• VV says:

Yes, I went back but it’s not clear if Feinstein said it or not.
            I’m no legal expert. I’m sure their attorneys have a plan. That’s what they get paid to do.

• I LOVE COFFEE says:

If the judge or jury believes that Joe didn’t know he was a citizen
            Wouldn’t that make T look like the smart one…..the mastermind behind all of it.
            That would through T under the bus.

• I LOVE COFFEE says:

oops…. throw not through.

That’s a good point.

• melthehound says:

I don’t think it will make a difference, It’s remotely possible, I guess, that he didn’t know but I find it hard to believe. Are his parents US citizens?

As many here will attest, being married to an American doesn’t make one a citizen. It may help with residency but I think that’s it. They have green cards and visas for work or education (I believe) and must renew them every so often. IIRC, it’s something like ten years but I’ll be corrected here if I’m wrong. That requirement would apply to Joe as well. So, if he isn’t and as he claims didn’t know it, it could only be because he doesn’t have a green card or never renewed it. That makes him an Illegal Alien. Right? Could be why he’s making that claim.

• I LOVE COFFEE says:

Is he insulting our intelligence
        or is he that Stupid!!!

If he tells the court he didn’t know he wasn’t a citizen
        The Judge should appoint a guardian over him. lol

• VV says:

I’m trying to find out if this is a quote from Feinstein or a reporter fabrication.
          ***Many Legal Residents of this country thinks they are citizens by having a green card or by marrying a US citizen. There is a chance he falls under this ignorant category.***

52. HAPPY HUMP DAY… every time someone says this , I get the visual of LUGMAN on the camel !! and I giggle…
    caught up on all my ” mindless ” entertainment …which is BRAVO..
    Watching MIAMI the other nite , I immediately thought of MTH when Marisol made the comment to Adrianna …TITS MCGEE talking about your marriage .. ( about Lisa) remember that MTH called T.A. from BH LIPS MCGEE……
    OC Reunion… yawn… same old same old…I will say that the gals looked better at this reunion compared to last year… cept for GR…. THAT DRESS !!!! I think she wore it as to cover up her neck so you can’t see when she’s fixin to lie…. that lump when she swallows…. and how she brushes away that STIFF hair that isn’t even in her eyes… sooooo pageant like with her motions….
    let’s hope part deux and trace get more interesting….lol
    worked last night…. was actually busy for a Tuesday…had 10 walk ins .. good thing too… only had 15 rooms booked when I got there at 3 …. have been recruited by the owner to put my Interior Design Degree to work for them… have to put together a color board for Corporate so we can get the painting of the building approved…going to go into the GRAY Family and steel blue scheme… also suggesting that they FINISH the raised bands around the windows…. back when they did it , they only had a KEY put above the windows and it looks sssooo unfinished…
    The owner wanted to know why I am suggesting a total color change..hmmm.. let’s see.. practically EVERY bldg. in this town has the same color as the Hotel… also by completely changing the color it creates a buzz where people will talk about us ….maybe it will also inspire others to do something with their color schemes…. one can hope ..RIGHT !!!!!
    Also some other news about work…. I received a back up email the other day for a job offer from one of my regular guests…. his wife and him REALLY REALLY want me to come to work for them when they open their business here in town the end of Sept , first part of October…..I have checked him out already…of course.. and he is on the up and up…..
    It’s a body/paint shop.. combo car buying business… he wants to teach me how to do estimates on vehicles and also become his title clerk for the car selling part of the biz….hmmm decisions decisions… mr ford says it will be my decision to make and he supports what ever I decide to do… am leaning towards maybe starting off with 3 days a week , and still work at the Hotel on weekends..I really like my job there and have made some new friends thru them staying there… I know Nina would be heart broken if I left there….not to pat myself on the back , but I have been good for their business and they know it and acknowledge it …..

we actually made it 3 days down here w/o rain , till last night…IT POURED and of course septic backed up again …. I soooo need to cut my hair and dye it…but hard to do when you are limited on the time you can stand in the shower. !!!! crap crap crap….
    well… I have rambled on too long…sorry….. off to grocery shop and get paint chips….. whoo hooo
    bbl
    hugs and peace
    diva

Hey Diva. Miss you. Wow. You are busy at work & are putting on your designer hat. Good for you. And a job offer. Another Wow. You have a gift. You are definitely a people person. Good luck w/your decision. It sounds like a great opportunity. You’ve been working your patootie off so I hope you are taking care of yourself. How’s Mr. Ford & Pita doing?

VIVAAAAAAAS LAS DIVAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!

• Laineylainey says:

Diva I just love reading your updates, you do live life with gusto! Congrats on the job offer. You are the diva bomb. We have a septic tank too…we had troubles when we first moved in…turned out we had a leak; no more problems after we got it fixed. Whew! What a relief! (Heh, heh…yeah, relief…nudge nudge, wink, wink)

53. I LOVE COFFEE says:

I only hear the last part of the report but…..Feds are going to let Jessie Jackson, and his wife do their time in jail one at a time. Jessie goes first with 30 months in jail. His wife goes after he is released.

If T and Joe are found guilty maybe the Feds will let them split the time.

I haven’t been following this…what did they do to receive jail time?

• I LOVE COFFEE says:

I think it was for using campaign funds for personal reasons.

It was Jessie, JR.

Jessie Jackson, JR (the Congressman son). He used campaign money for personal use (sentenced 20 months). His wife filed false tax returns (or something like that). Sound familiar. She got one year.

I really don’t understand why they did this. What made them think that the money was theirs to do what they wanted? Jr will get out in probably 24 mths & his wife 9. And that’s for good behavior.

54. thedesigndiva2 says:

DANG… how rude of me…I forgot to extend a warm welcome to BEHINDBLEUEYES !!!
    thanks for Recapping MIAMI….
    Lainey Lainey… congrats to the son !!!
    RR… happy that you had a good time and WON some bucks to boot….
    if I missed any BIRTH DAYS… HAPPY BELATED….
    STARRS99…. Enjoy your company…. and can’t wait till you blog again with the ” snark”

hugs and peace
    diva

• Laineylainey says:

Me too, Diva – my manners…welcome BEHINDBLUEEYES!! Thanks for the kind words about LaineySon, D!!

55. melthehound says:

Hiya Folks… A couple days ago I said I would put together a quick How To for those wanting to post photos here at the blog.. I know it’s possible with twitter and instagram and stuff like that but this is for just regular pictures. Hope you can get something from the instructions and I’ll do more if you all want.

56. Hi all! Welcome Behindblueeyes and thanks for the blog.

As much as I hate what the the Giudices did, I do hope that if they both get time, they can split it. Those poor girls.

I’m watching HLN. So Tre & Joe entered a plea of not guilty. Their attorney said Joe & Tre got upset when the press asked how the kids will be if they’re found guilty. I guess Joe got angry & was upset when it was asked. He didn’t do anything or say anything but I am guessing his anger was visible.

OMG. Did you all hear 2 UPS pilots crashed in Alabama & died in the crash.
    The bank hostage standoff in Louisiana ended tragically. The gunman killed one hostage & another hostage is critical. The police killed the gunman who was schizophrenic. Sometimes you just hate the news.

59. iceNfire says:

Hello – I just noticed that Extreme Cougars Wives season 1 epi 1 is on TLC tonight……Anyone remember the old ladies dating younger men special? … The old lady licking a Popsicle? LoL

Hi Ice, ha ha. You and I talked about that show when it originally aired! I think I’ll pass on seeing it again. Did you know Double Diva’s is back?! Don’t even know if you watched…I do think BB watched that one though. I see some episodes on my DVR – gonma check that out tonight!

• iceNfire says:

Hi TT – The one airing tonight is a new series. I did did watch Double Diva’s a couple times but it didn’t hold my attention. I just started Broadchurch on BBCAmerica and really like it 🙂

CJ from the Bravo “Below Deck” was arrested earlier this week here in Phoenix. Charged with assault against his fiance/girlfriend. They got into a fight. Rumor has it that Bravo aired that preview of CJ making out with Sam. Supposedly CJ and his fiance have an “open” relationship. Some men are just morons.

From the most recent episode of “Below Deck”, I’d suggest that of the featured cast, there’s only the Captain, the Relief Captain (not Aleks), the Chief Engineer, and one deckhand who aren’t asses. If I were the captain, except for those I’ve named and the cook and chief steward, I’d fire the rest of them.

The blonde needs to stop mixing alcohol and her Rx drugs. She was out of control
        the other night.

I read over on the Facebook page that Alex McCord will be on HLN at 9PM EST to discuss the Guidice case. It will be a panel discussion.

63. I LOVE COFFEE says:

After Dark on HLN has a special on T and Joe right now.

• VV says:

Proof once again that Teresa sells.

• Sasha says:

I don’t think the attention has anything to do with Teresa’s popularity which is mostly limited to those of us who watch Reality TV.

It’s about a 39 count indictment and the situation that go them there.

Now more people will know who she and Joe are, but it’s not like they’ll be joining her fan club anytime soon.

My Dad knows who she is now….he still won’t be watching HWs….EVER!!!!

“Haters gonna hate, but I just love, love love.” ❤❤❤

• Sasha says:

Sorry to say but that is exactly what she is gaining. Those dreaded HATERS.

• Laineylainey says:

That doesn’t seem to phase her, Sasha. Haters, I mean.

• Laineylainey says:

Clarification, to Sasha…you know I wasn’t calling you a hater, there…right?? Right? I was only responding to your use of the word in your comment And how I don’t think haters phase Tre. That, or she’s a really good faker.

Oo , I just watched WWHL when Kyra Sedgwick and Keri Russell were on. Someone called in and asked Kyra if she would ever guest on Major Crimes. She did a big **wink wink** maybe watch this next season, but she can’t give away anything. Was it you Powell who loves Major Crimes and The Closer? It sounds like we get a treat next season 😉

How the hell would Joe not know what the hell country he is a citizen of? For real? Is this part of their defense-“we are too stupid for words”???!! Seriously-imagine his layer admitting he didn’t know he wasn’t a citizen? I don’t get it-this is like award winning stupidity!!!

“”Tree who cares ? I don’t care? Italy, US who gives a fu**, who gives a $hit?!?””

66. chismosa says:

She wore a bun Kim K style again? Same suit?
    She’s on the local news.
    Did Filomena behave herself this time?

Different suit-same style. Stupid bun

• Laineylainey says:

I have given up bread; boy do I wanna eat that bun.

Only Teresa, facing millions in fines and financial ruin, would show up at court with complete hair and makeup done and clearly dressed by a stylist. B*tch just burning through money till the very end.

Oh, man! Add to that-apparently she was carrying a $2,000 Hermes bag in court according to HLN after dark. Can’t wait to see that bag and everything else they own/stole on the block at auction. HLN did a bit called “The Price is Freakin’ Right” where they had two people guess the value of Teresa’s assets. lol. The prizes the winner got were fake nails and tanning spray.

67. chismosa says:

Lainey felicitaciones on your son!

💥💥💥💥🎁🎊🎁🎊🎊👪👪👪

OMG-such a cute thing happened on WWHL!!!

• Laineylainey says:

What!?

A proposal…..I’m a sucker for romance! The bartender prosed to his GF…I don’t know who he was-maybe a Olympian? I don’t remember!!! But it was cute!!

• Laineylainey says:

I will have to watch. Watching Master Chef right about now.

• Sasha says:

I think he was an Olympian. One of those water sports maybe??? I thought it was strange when Andy brought the girlfriend up on that tiny stage. It was cute though.

It was a little awks on that tiny stage but sweet of the BF-she apparently loves Andy

69. Thanks to everyone for the welcoming support! I’m still trying to follow the comments on here and keep up lol (I’m a Blogger/Blogspot girl, eeekk)