Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles

Million Dollar Listing: Los Angeles

Episode 3 – Dire Contingencies

By Vilzvet

Madison Hildebrand has a potential new client, a couple from Texas referred by his friend Judy. Madison and Judy meet to exchange information and gather details about the couple’s requirements and tastes.

Josh Flagg sits down with a new agent in his office named Billy who has a Westlake Village home he would like to co-list, which happens to belong to his parents. Josh agrees to co-list but due to this home’s distance from Beverly Hills, not his usual selling area, he would not be able to show it personally.

Josh Altman is still struggling to find a “superhome” for his wealthy foreign investor. He had shown him the ONE bedroom Zanuck estate in last week’s episode.  Surprisingly, this is the home his client is ultimately interested in. The offer will be 22 million dollars, short of the $26 million list price stated by Marisa Zanuck.

Madison has found a beautiful Malibu Canyon property for the Texas couple. It has 9 acres of mountain-top, seven bedrooms and a list price is just under $3 million. The flaky selling agent Lisa tries her darndest to showcase the home’s unique green features, including actual dirt-painted walls.

Josh F. and Billy head up to Westlake Village to check out Billy’s parents’ home. It is 3,700 square feet with an indoor pool and has a 1950’s feel. They agree on $1.4 million on the condition that they get to meet any potential buyers. They set up a 50’s-style brokers’ open house for the home. Billy struggles a bit in showcasing the home’s features but the house shows quite well to the many agents who arrive. It is considered a successful open house according to Josh.

Madison finds a Malibu property with ocean views on 1.3 acres with a movie theatre. It’s a nice home, but he notices water condensation on most of the windows which could indicate they need to be replaced. They agree on an offer of $2,650,000.

Bobby arrives at Madison’s office to present a counteroffer of $2,725,000 for the Malibu oceanview home. Madison feels the windows will be a problem for his clients, as they all need to be replaced. He feels the window issue on will kill the deal unless $25,000 is taken out to replace the failing windows. Bobby counter offers $16,000 maximum. The purchase price will now be $2,709,000. Victory for Madison!

Josh F. presents a cash offer of $1.2 million for his co-lister Billy’s parents’ home. They insist on meeting his potential buyer (rather unheard of) but Billy Sr. feels strongly about getting a good vibe on anyone who would be living in his home.

Josh A. presents his offer of $22 million to Marisa Zanuck. Her counter offer, after speaking to her mother-in-law, will be $23 million. She also wants the imported brass banisters and chandeliers. Josh calls the buyer’ s agent, who informs Josh that the home will be razed and rebuilt. They decide on a counter offer of $21 million. Josh presents the new offer and decides not to inform her about the demolition. Marisa’s mother-in-law accepts!

Josh A. and Heather are having friends over for her birthday. Her friends egg him on for a proposal. Josh compares the women to his most ruthless clients.

Josh A. and Marisa Zanuck meet with Robbie, the broker representing the wealthy investor. Marisa will be stunned to find out her in-laws’ gorgeous home is to be bulldozed and rebuilt. She is emotional at the thought of her in- law’s family home demolished.  She also wants the hand painted kitchen tiles along with the banisters and chandeliers.  The buyer’s agent wisely advises Marisa how his client will be there to create new memories in the rebuilt home. Marisa reluctantly hands over the keys.

__________________________________________

This entry was posted in Million Dollar Listing. Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles

Good Morning! I’m impressed that Vilzvet knocked out this recap while on vacation – thank you!

2. California35 says:

Good morning! Happy Sunday 🙂

Still watching first season of NY – there was already some “little dramas” but nothing like later. I like the scenes of one on ones more than the group scenes. I love to see Bethenny’s 🙂

Hi cali! I recorded S1 and breezed through that pretty fast. Found myself going FF through everything with Silex and Jill’s personal scenes. Seemed like Ramona and Bethenny were equally matched in the high-energy department, lol. In retrospect it’s surprising the number of competetive women in one cast. Laughed through the part when Luann got her son break dancing lessons and Avery being critical of her mothers’ wardrobe, lol.

• Cartwheels says:

I do too. Knowing that she had a financial plan in mind makes it all more interesting, I can clearly see how she was the pioneer in the peddling game but even then I have to admit that she was subtle and that she used Bravo exactly for what it was meant to be: a business platform.

I like Ramona the second best of that cast , (ashamed to admit that JZ was my favorite on S1 though, I was blind but I can now she all her stupid antics and how badly she wanted to be queen bee)

• VV says:

I have to give it to Lou Knickerbocker as the first one that I noticed peddling a product on a HW show.

• VV says:

*OC Energy Drink

• Cartwheels says:

Yes, Tammy’s ex husband, those angel girls were crazy. He probably saw the business opportunity there but his death cut his plans short. Really sad.
          I guess you can say the same about Vicky, except that I never noticed her that much but watching the first seasons of OC it is clear that she was peddling her insurance business steady and hard. Vicky is an enigma to me, clearly she has business sense but when it comes to pick up a loser she clearly is gifted.

Cartwheels I really liked JZ S1 also. I believe she did the best job of hiding who she really was. S2 the real JZ emerged.

• California35 says:

I like to see ramona also. She has business, family, and fun with girls. Basically has variaty to show.

Good morning everyone. I hope you had a great weekend.

I just saw the promo commercial for the next Survivor: Blood vs Water. It looks like it will be family members. It should be good.

4. cusi77 says:

Thank you for Blogging Vilzvet! You are such a Doll!

Good morning NMD and Everyone! Have a happy Sunday! I am so ready to have lots of fun Chatting with you tonight while watching RHONJ!!! I am team Cusi and Lynn’s Place! Nobody is worth wasting my true positive feelings but you, Princesses! (I guess MTH is our Prince Charming as well as Orson and CallMePrincess).

Good morning everyone. I emailed the picture of Pepper to NMD. Hopefully she can post it. Thank you Vilzvet for the recap! Especially while vacationing.
    @MTH: I did not mean to imply that you thought I was a moron. I know you don’t think that.
    I worded that wrong. I should have written that I felt like a moron because I could not figure out a way to post the pic. Need to slow down when I post. 🙂

6. VV says:

Vilzvet, Excellent recap. Love seeing the beautiful homes.

“Girl you been a bit*h for six seasons”. LOL. I love what that caller said about Tamra. As you can guess I’m watching OC reunion. 🙂

If you really look at Gretchen’s face you can tell she had “something” done. Not cosmetic surgery but something to plump her face cause that mole on her right cheek is less prominent.

Nene’s granddaughter…

It’s so funny that we now know Gretch fed the story to Page 6 & Life&Style that Eddie was paid to propose to Tamra. This whole season Gretch came on w/the intent to do something elaborate to propose to or have Slade propose to her. She wanted a wedding spinoff so bad.

Miserable . . . upper 90s for the entire week! This weather just makes me sleepy and sweaty. That’s bad because I have to start gearing up for game week – college football is almost here!

I will have some big news tomorrow for y’all. Have to tell a few other people first. Yes, that’s a teaser!

Happy Sunday to everyone. Looking forward to a three-day Labor Day weekend. That will help make this yucky weather tolerable – almost!

Haha! Alexis -“Please tell me. Cause in 4yrs of footage there’s not 1 piece of footage that showing me being a horrible person. So tell me the things I’ve done”.- Gretchen “You’re fake on camera”. Andy -“Is that why you’re not friends anymore?” I loveee it. I’m mad at you cause you’re fake on camera. I haven’t heard “I don’t like you cause you’re fake since Jr High.

When Gretchen is crying Vicki & Alexis are shaking their heads like “fake bit*h”. LOL

I know, Powell. And I just watched “first look” at part 3 …. And I think Brianna drank the cool aid. I get she doesn’t approve of Brooks; I think her outburst in front of the camera was not the best decision. Just say in’.

I just finished that too. That looks like a nightmare. Brianna said her piece last yr. She should have just let things unfold. Cause Brooks the crook’s games have come to light & Vicki now sees the truth.

• lulu says:

Lol too true!!!

That is sad. And like someone said the other day TMZ is usually spot on. Hopefully he’s checked himself into rehab some place.

Although I wish no harm to Lamar and hope he is seeking help for his alleged drug issue, it just amazes me how these Kardashian women choose their mates. I fear for the two younger ones. They are in need of some strong female role models. I hope they can break the cycle when it comes to choosing a mate. Bruce needs to step in, but Kris will need to give him his backbone back. That’s one sorry family. But, I send good wishes out to Lamar and hope all is well.

• Rebecca says:

Maybe they’d do better if they just got the Eff off tv. This is what happens when you sell your souls to the devil.

SMH, crack is so addictive, I really hope he is ok and gets help, if that is the monkey on his back. Allegedly.

Adriana is a liar. Lea says she was married, Adriana says yes. Lea says she was married again Adriana says no I wasn’t married. Lea says Adriana was behind on Alexis’ tuition, Adriana says yes. Lea says she helped & got some of her friends to help, Adriana says no I didn’t need your help. Lea says she paid for Adriana’s groceries, Adriana says yes, then says no. That scene was like a tennis match. All Adriana did was try to turn everything back on Lea.

• Cartwheels says:

Adrianna is a big time liar but I don’t believe that Lea didn’t know absolutely nothing, worse yet, I do believe that the origin of the news come from Lea’s camp to punish Adrianna for her perceived lack of loyalty.

17. djprincessc says:

I just read Lamar Odom is missing and that the family fears he’s on a drug binge. I wonder how much of this is true. I never know what to believe with the Kardashians. I hope it isn’t true.

I think everything TMZ has reported is true and I think the reason Khloe has not released a statement to the press is because once the intervention failed, he left and they didn’t know where he went. Sources now say that no one in either family has known where he is for the last 72 hours. Not good. I’m sure the story has not been confirmed as not to throw his name in national news before they know he is safe. I hope he will be well. I enjoyed watching him and Khloe on their self titled reality.
      And if you watched the show, it briefly featured Lamar’s Dad who was/is a drug addict. Lamar supported him time to time am Khloe tried to bring them together. I think Khloe would go to the ends of the earth for him. They had true love, unlike what I’ve gathered about all the rest of that K clan.

• lulu says:

I can’t imagine losing a baby. Years and time won’t heal that wound. Poor Khloe is having infertility issues so I’m sure its tough on him. I hope the find Lamar safe and sound.

19. T-Rex says:

Hmmmm isn’t it so suspicious that ShannaTaylorNOTFordLyingGrifterHusbandstealinLypsMcgee announced she is engaged after the taping of the next season of BHills is pretty much done. Note to ShannaTaylorNOTFordLyingGrifterHusbandstealinLypsMcgee, if he cheated on his wife with you

Most people would say ‘what goes around comes around’. I noticed this occurred when it seemed most of the cast was or had been on individual vacations….which made me wonder if they were finished filming or just took a break. I bet they would be finished filming IF it airs in Oct. I would think it could spend a month in post production and to get TH filmed.
      That guy she’s engaged to looks physically weak IMO…IDK but doesn’t look so healthy. Anyone know how much older he is than her?

20. Wow! Billy Sr. is a disgusting sexist pig. What a trilobite!