Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles

Million Dollar Listing L.A.

Episode 6 – Trouble in Paradise

by Vilzvet

Josh Altman heads to the Hollywood Hills for a listing appointment with Vicki. He arrives at a stunning 5,225 sq. ft., 4 bedroom, 4 bath home spanning seven levels with an elevator, sauna and rooftop pool. It had been listed previously with another broker for $2,250,000 but sat for months. Josh and Vicki agree to lower the price slightly to $2,199,000.00 and hope for the best.

Josh Flagg goes to his friend Karen’s Bel Air mansion to discuss listing the home. He has had success with her in the past. She surprises Josh with the news that they actually want to buy commercial property with the proceeds from this house, formerly owned by Elvis Presley, and therefore would like to head inland to the hot and humid San Fernando Valley, basically downgrading her current living situation. She is looking for something in the range of $2 to 3 million in the suburban Valley. Josh is not crazy about looking there but is going to give it a good try.

Madion meets with his young producer friend Brent in the high hills of Malibu. He had bought the gorgeous 10-acre property for $6 million but unfortunately it has never been completed even with sinking over $2 million into the construction. At this point the framing of of the house and stables are up, but nothing else. The pool and tennis court zoning permits are due to expire shortly, which can lead to dire financial consequences if they must be renewed. Madison advises they price the property aggressively at $4,500,00.00 and take it from there. (What a dream piece of land!)

Josh A. meets with his girlfriend Heather at home. He gently breaks the news to her that he will be forging a partnership with his brother Matt, but does NOT want to risk his personal relationship with Heather by including her. Heather is clearly hurt and angry. Josh tries to explain how is afraid of how office problems can definitely impact their great relationship. He feels terrible, and Heather leaves the room.

Madison is working like a dog looking for the perfect buyer for the Malibu horse property. He has double checked with the city on the permits; there are no extensions available BUT if a buyer is found within the next 30 days they will make an exception. Potention buyers are brought in to the half-finished home, but they hesitate when the permit issues are raised. It would be next to impossible to go to contract and begin construction that quickly.

Josh F. heads into the San Fernando Valley, a place he is quite unfamiliar with, to start shopping for his buyer Karen. He visits his company’s branch office to gather information from the brokers. He now feels confident he can zero in on the perfect house.

Josh A. begins to shop his seven level client’s home around to the Hollywood crowd. He stops in at a trendy local bar to scout out possible buyers, reasoning that this home will appeal to young athletes or actors. He makes several connections.

Madison is searching for a horse owner for the Malibu property. He spends some time at the local polo fields, reasoning that an owner could save a bundle by keeping their animals at home instead of boarding them.

Josn A. beings private showings on the Hollywood Hills home. He brings potential clients up to the fabulous rooftop deck. Interest seems high.

Josh F. is back in the humid Valley. They have an appointment in Encino, where Michael Jackson lived. It is an old money, expensive area. This home is 5,000 sq ft. with features such as a 7 person shower(!) and pneumatic vacuum elevator, and it is priced at $3 million. His client feels the yard is a bit small, however.

Madison and his boyfriend Marcos take a hike near the shore. He knows that Marcos has to return to Mexico soon after his sabbatical ends; and decisions will have to be made. Madison tries to gauge Marcos’s feelings for him. It is possible Madison may have to make a life-changing decision!

Josh A. meets with Scott, a Hollywood agent, who may have a buyer for the trendy house. Scott’s client actually saw the house two years ago and is STILL interested. Josh is excited that Scott’s client could be “the one”.

Josh F. heads to Tarzana, another great neighborhood in the Valley. At a listing price of $2,495,000.00, it is well within Karen’s target range. The home features an indoor pool and Japanese garden, and it situated next to a golf course. It is a bit dated (carpeting in the bathroom!) but still has some great features. Karen thinks this redecorating project may be too big. The pair head to another listing in the same town, priced at $2,050,000 and encompassing 6,000 sq ft. A home such as this would be $10 million in Beverly Hills. The property is just under one acre and has a massive kitchen. Josh thinks this is the one! He will try to negotiate a lower price, but it is just a game, he knows this house is perfect for Karen.

Madison meets with Brent at his office to bring him up to speed. He explains how the feedback has been good, but the permit issues are negating any deals. He tells Brent he should lower the price to $3,500,000.00 to offset the price of the new permits. Brent is disappointed, but they agree on $3,800,00.00.

Josh F. does some business while getting a massage. He speaks with George, the agent on the Tarzana house. They had offered $1,900,000.00, but the agent says their counter offer will be full price of $2,050,000.00. He calls Karen with the news. They decide to counter back at $2,015,000.00, because Josh simply hates to have his clients pay full price for anything! The seller’s agent calls back and says a deal has been struck! Karen now has a new home in the Valley; but will Josh ever visit her there?

$2,050,000.00 is the offer Josh A. must now consider for the Hollywood Hills home. He meets with the buyer’s agent Scott at a barber shop. Scott calls his client, who decides to make a final offer of $2,150,00.00, take it or leave it! Josh is ecstatic that he has been able to make even more money for his seller!

Madison heads to a meeting with Brent. He reveals that an all-cash offer has been made for $3,500,000.00 for the Malibu property. Brent is not very happy with the offer and would like to keep it listed, but he is definitely bleeding $100,000.00 per month in carrying costs. Brent says he would not like to go any lower than $3,700,000.00. Madison places the important call.

Madison is told that the most the Maibu buyer would pay is $3,650,000.  Brent decides to accept the offer! Madison’s commission will be $106,000.00. It appears that Madison has yet another happy client.

______________________________________

This entry was posted in Million Dollar Listing and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

205 Responses to Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles

1. T-Rex says:

Good morning peeps!

2. T-Rex says:

After reading some of the information on RHBH, if they try to do another LisaVpump take-down again, I see it as another EPIC.FAIL. Sorry, but she has too many viewers that really like her, me for one, she is the reason I watch the show. BrandiSTFU, is a loose cannon, and if she turns on LisaV, the fans she may have(although those are dwindling by the mili-second) will be gone, gone, gone. I saw that BrandiSTFU was trying to somehow mitigate some damages done recently, so it may get heated. I hate VileKyle and heard she is in full take-down mode, and LisaV probably could care less if she was friends with VileKyle outside of taping. Yolo, I hope it’s not true about her and LisaV and if it is, that’s sad. I know Bravo wants to bring the DRAMA, but there last “take-down” was an EPIC.FAIL, I don’t think YOLO has enough viewer support for that, especially if she sides with BrandiSTFU, who apparently has gone off the crazy-train

Where did you see that Kyle is on take down mode? The only one I see on take down mode is Brandi….

Heard some tidbits hear and there, but again these could be rumors, my friend out there is trying to get more scoop, but they seem to get it after everything is filmed, but before it’s shown on TV. They did tell me there was the issue that VileKyle was miffed at LisaV for some of cheating rumours surrounding MrUmanski, and a confrontation of LisaV regarding the issue will be played out this season.

The rumor is that Lisa and Brandi both went to Kyle with the cheating rumors and Lisa tried to pin it on Brandi…

I don’t buy that LisaV would have anything to do with it, apparently the information originally came from CamilleTheTwoFace, but of course it’s, let’s blame LisaV. Oh, and I would totally believe that BrandiSTFU would totally be shopping a rumor like that around, so we will have to see.

It’s more like the “crazy like a fox” train. imo

• Rebecca says:

Brandi’s twitter says this is all false.

3. Rebecca says:

“Josh is ecstatic that he has been able to make even more money for his seller!”

Yet it’s less than the listing price, AGAIN! He’s such a schmuck.

• Wow Heather’s reaction to not being part of Josh’s new real estate company….priceless! So he doesn’t want to hire her because he plans to dump her when the show is over? Not getting her involved in the new office makes it easier to end their relationship. Heather, time to dump Altman.

Heather is no longer with Mauricio’s firm and has opened her own firm with another realtor.
        http://laluxlife.com/ Looks like she’s doing OK on her own. I wonder how Mauricio’s firm is doing?

Uhm, six listings between two agents is not that good, and did some poking around at their supposedly “sold” information and those high-end homes were sold by other agencies, the first one for 10M was listed through Rodeo Properties. Also noted her bio that says she was “involved” in 200M real estate transactions, uhm yeah working as an assistant to Madison, and probably her assistant work at Umanski’s firm. My guess is she didn’t “cut” it at that firm and they chose not to renew her contract, even with her being on MDL. Can’t speak for California, but when my neighbor decided to get a real estate license, she started out as an assistant, then when she was given “x” amount of time to cultivate her own listings to bring business into the RE office. She couldn’t make it there, so they didn’t renew her contract. She worked one other place and then went into a smaller office, eventually she gave up the business. She didn’t have the personality for Real Estate.

Okey, dokey then. Just thought I’d share some information. I’m no RE expert by any means.

• AZGirl says:

I see Heather as being too lazy and whiny for real estate. You need to really be organized and assertive. She just does not seem to have either of those traits. I saw the clip on the Bravo site of Josh A. and Heather in bed and she is trying to work. Yes it is probably scripted but she seems a bit “slow”.

• AZGirl says:

Also, if you think about it if Heather was really doing well and getting the job done, Josh A would not hesitate to hire her. More money for him and Matt.

• djprincessc says:

I’m a realtor here in Southern California, I can check our MLS system to see exactly how many transactions Heather has closed. The actual top producer from Josh A, Madison and Josh Flagg is Madison. When I checked last month he had 14 listings I think, Josh A had 9 and Josh Flagg had 2. Josh F does a lot of leases though. Also as far as contracts, every office is different. I work for a big company with almost 200 agents and we don’t have any type of contract or have to meet a certain quota. Also, in this business the stupider you are the more money you seem to make. You definitely don’t have to be smart, TRUST ME. lol.

• djprincessc says:

Oh ya and 6 listings between 2 agents in this market is actually amazing. There are 4 months left in the year and they probably could stop working at this point and be done for the year.

• Elko says:

A marriage proposal from Josh A to Heather might be the only thing to ease/erase the situation. Both sides made valid points in the argument.

4. Malibu prices are still in the dumps. Madison sold that mini ranch to his client for over $6 million. Then the poor guy spent a couple million more on it for permits, architectural designs. Sheesh, selling it for a paltry $3.5 millionish means he lost over 4.5 million. I’m surprised he wasn’t more disgusted with the sale price. Madison must be awfully good at sucking up to his clients, which they didn’t show much of to us. I guess the client is used to losing money, or he still has lots of cash? I would be very upset over a loss like that. He must have lost even more if you add in the carrying costs (property taxes & mortgage interest, insurance). So that’s at least another million. But hey, what’ s a million here, a million there?

I got such a creepy feeling from watching the scene with Madison’s love. Hey Madison, he’s really not that into you!! And are you really considering leaving Malibu to follow this “love of your life?” Wake up & smell the coffee!! Keep your job, you are so good at it, and find someone who loves you more than they love themselves.

I like Madison, but he really is the epitome of “love is blind!”

I haven’t been watching this season, but it seems that Madison is not a good judge of character sometimes. Or maybe he’s just too nice or trusting.

• I got the “user” vibe from that guy too, I had to change the channel cuz I felt so bad for Madison…..I hope I am wrong…

• vilzvet says:

Brent definitely was not happy to let that property go at a loss, but since he is a Producer, isn’t that the “money man” in movies and TV? He must be loaded at such a young age and needs some additional capital for his next venture. I am wondering, though, why he never finished the project, but at least someone else will make it happen.

• Donna says:

This can be used as a tax write off.

5. So I saw from the previous blog that some of you watched lady gaga on WWHL. Andy has had some big names on his show…..Cher, Oprah, and now Gaga. Is Andy getting too big for Bravo? I’ll bet Bethenny is dying with jealousy. Andy is booking way better guests than her lol.

On twitter, Andy has dropped Bravo from his handle, used to be @BravoAndy. Now he’s just @Andy. I wouldn’t be surprised if Andy leaves Bravo & moves his little talk show to another network. He can get the big names, so I’m sure he’s thinking about it.

When Oprah was on, it turned out that Andy is buds with the guy that does Oprah’s photo shoot for her magazine. Andy is quite the little networker with his gay friends that are close to some big stars. Yes, Andy is the ultimate manipulator! He cozied up to Anderson Cooper. Lord knows who he is after now. Lol I’m sure we will see some more big names on WWHL. Work it Andy, work it!

Hi Blue—- I said I think Madonna will be next. Just so he can have all the gay icons covered.
      Maybe Barbra Streisand? Liza ?

I think something may be a FOOT 👞 but I’m not sure.
      Why drop the “bravo”? Even if he stops production duties and only does his talk show —- it’s still Bravo??
      Why oh god why was someone like Ralph Fiennes there last night !?!???? I used to love him and respect him!

I hope Andy does leave- I hear very respectable people that I know of who actually LIKE his show and then of course I don’t love those people that much anymore 💩💩💩

6. Great blog Vilzvet! The VALLEYY, how great to see it in all it’s glory, lol!! I miss it so until I remember what it was like and that I was young and foolish!! There is only one thing I need to correct, The Valley is not humid, it is dry as all get out and hot as hell!!!! It is basically reclaimed desert… Why Josh F. had a flannel shirt on is beyond me!!! 91 degrees is a mild day, lol!! But after all the humidity here in San Diego a dry heat sounds pretty good. It has cooled down here after our 2 weeks of heat….. the breeze is back and all is right with the world!

Good afternoon everyone. I will be reading your blog in a bit vilzvet. I am now 2 epis behind. I didn’t feel like watching last night. I haven’t watched much this week.

Good morning everyone! Hope you are all doing well today. Josh A was right about not letting personal stuff interfere with business. Heather is really immature IMHO. Hollywood Hills house is a stunning property. Baby was too adorable. You know Josh A was freaking out that the baby would either spit up or wet on his expensive suit.
    @PP I was thinking the same thing about Josh F wearing that shirt. 91? I would love 91 degrees right now.
    As for all the drama going on with BH gals I am calling BS. I get sick of all the BS stuff that gets leaked out on Twitter before the show air. After NJ I think that they are all scripted.

• vilzvet says:

Baby “Lexington”! Never heard that one before, it continues the trend of last names as first. I really do hope that BH will be watchable, hated OC and NJ so far and NY is our last hope too.

9. chismosa says:

Hi all just a question- why was bravo asking for questions for Melissa if she’s not on the docket (sp?) for Sunday?
    I have Kathy —- aka EVERYONE’S FAVORITE- on for Sunday night. No Melissa

?????? Hmmmm

• plainviewsue says:

Bravo site is asking for questions for Melissa and she will answer ten questions on the bravo site.

Excuse me while I go puke.

Oh thanks I didn’t understand I thought it was a prep for a WWH appearance. Thanks PVS

I’ll puke Sunday for sure regardless 🙂

10. lulu says:

Hello everyone!!! Hope everyones day is going great. The governor is a player *sigh* took him grocery shopping and there was this cute little toddler girl. Of course he makes a beeline to her just to say hi when he spots another girl and takes off after her. Girl 1 gave him such a sour puss look while girl #2 biggest smile. ;).

Dh said Heather is taking the steroid equivalent for females???? Any ideas what that could be? Apparently its popular among the ladies in LA?????

11. Orson says:

Weekly chat tonight. You know when and where.

• Amalfi says:

The fracas in question was the Posche beatdown of that Jimmy the Greek Johnny the Greek… whoever that Greek guy is by the Lauritas that was filmed for NJ but will never see the light of day a la Punta Cana.

• Amalfi says:

Charges:
          From the article above.
          “The Lauritas, who live in Franklin Lakes, and Joe Gorga of Montville — also a show regular — will stand before a Ridgewood Municipal Court judge on Sept. 26, each on individual assault and terroristic threat charges, according to court records.”

• MelTheHound says:

Criminals.. and this isn’t the first time they’ve been involved in shit like this.. All hail Saint Christopher of Lurkita Manor and kiss his ass for being a ‘nice guy’ 🙄

• lulu says:

What are they facing?

• AZGirl says:

Assault charges filed by Johnny the Greek (Penny’s husband). I also read that this Mark McGuire guy filed bankruptcy in 2011 and supposedly stole IBM stock from his sister. What a gem of a guy.

The aleethia will never come out.
      (Truth)

Do any people bombard Dandy with tweets about how these fights/ lawsuits/ timeline mess ups happen and the viewers KNOW now??

I wonder

So sad. A fire right now on the boardwalk at an icecream parlor in NJ. The boardwalk that reopened this Spring after being destroyed by hurricane Sandy. No one is hurt.

Hey gang! IA twitter account is down. I am not on twitter. Anyone know what happend? I know she was fighting with LeeAnn Rimes and some attorney name Mary. Curious. PVS?

She wasn’t fighting with LR-she just blogs about her obsessively!!!!!

Are you talking about the reptile?? 🐊🐉
      ???

The one and only

Spasiba!!!!

Just watched the sex and the city where Carrie starts dating Alexander petrovsky lol

Ah the russian….I loved/hated him….

I was watching earlier. I can watch SIC over & over again like a classic film. 🙂 Amanda really made me mad when she wasn’t supportive of Carrie going to Paris. Yes it turned out Petrovsky was an ass but like Carrie said she’s always supportive of the ladies.

I have the entire series and 1st movie on DVD. Even at that rate, if it’s on TV I HAVE to watch. Can not help myself…it is a classic!

• Laineylainey says:

How can I like you guys so much but feel so opposite about SIC? I detest it, the actresses, the characters, the storylines, the dialogue, the writing, sjp’s hair, sjp’s voice…egads.

Lainey this upsets me
                  GREATLY
                  It’s like meeting someone who doesn’t like Seinfeld.

I’m sorry I don’t think I can be your friend anymore
                  🌋🌋🌋🌋

OMG Lainey! Are you not a ‘girls’ girl’?! Mayne you are, but color me Shockd! 😮

And a bad speller – I swear I am about to give up typing on this stupid phone, it has been a nightmare since the upgrade.

• Laineylainey says:

Chismy and Tarty…I really tried to like it, cause most of my female friends liked it…but no, it just didn’t happen for me.

• djprincessc says:

I never got into it either Lainey, I don’t get the big deal about it. I’ve never watched one episode.

• Laineylainey says:

Hi dj!! I always enjoy your real estate input!! It’s great to hear from an insider! I actually TRIED to like the show, because it was or seemed to be some kind of cultural phenomenon. But I found myself being annoyed much of the time, rolling my eyes, yelling at the t.v….haha!

• djprincessc says:

Hi Lainey!! I never even tried, so you are better than me!! No offense to anyone at all but I just never saw the appeal of watching a bunch of older women talking about sex, thats of course cus when the show started I was a teenager. Anyway never got into it and my life feels complete. haha!

I only have movie #1 on DVD.

I love Miranda. She’s my fave

I’m a Miranda/ Charlotte combo IRL
              Lol!

Wow! Give me a few to wrap my my brain around that! As far as who for me…Parts of Samathata allude me as Time goes by, so I would be a Carrie/Miranda.

• Jules says:

The parents of the actress who plays charlotte are friends with my parents. Something Davis. Many a time at a dinner party have made small talk asking how or what she is up to.

That’s so cool!
                    She was on melrose place I believe?

And ((LAINEY– 👋👋this ones for you) – she played the Jerry girlfriend on Seinfeld who dropped the toothbrush in the toilet and he wouldn’t kiss her after. Lol!

She adopted a baby last I heard

Interesting jules. I thought Kristin Davis was/is the most beautiful of the cast.

Vilzvet, thanks for MDLLA! Best to have a numerical pad on the keyboard to review this show, lol, lots of numbers.

15. RT is reporting that KuKu Bens is returning to RHONY this season as a guest. Satchels of Gold! 🙂

Anyone seen the movie The Women? I’ve seen the original done in the 40s & 50s. But the remake in ’08 w/Meg Ryan, Annette Benning, Debra Messing, Jada P Smith, Eva Mendez & Candace Bergen? It’s on E!. The originals are brilliant & I’ve seen them dozens of times. The ’08 version I’ve seen about 4 times. It is very funny. These ladies crack me up. I love films w/women only cast.

• Laineylainey says:

I have never seen it, how did I miss that? I will have to Netflix it.

Yes! Was just agreeing with you upthread about SITC and love this movie too. We should get together and watch these all women fun casts. Guess you also like the ya-ya’s ….drawing a blank right now on the title…

Ya yas? Now I’m drawing a blank. 🙂

TexasTart how about that baby delivery seen w/Edie-Debra Messing & Alex-Jada P Smith? One of the funniest scenes I have ever seen in a movie. 🙂 The nurse says “you have insurance? Alex says “insurance. She doesn’t need insurance. Have four. Get one free.” Edie feels a contraction. She’s facing Alex. Alex says “Edie don’t point that thing at me”. OMG!! So funny. 🙂

Oh. Miss Lainey are you stalking LaineyGirl on Twitter? 🙂

Lulu I did not watch Mistresses. Ugh. 😦 Since Monday I haven’t watched much of what we talk about. I missed Under the Dome & the last 2 epis of The Bridge. Ugh Ugh. All the really good shows. Not the Bravo crapfest. Thks MTH. 🙂 I still smile when I read or type “crapfest”.

Oh. Entourage fans. The movie will be out ’14. I think the last actor signed yesterday. Jerry. He played Turtle.

I get home and only one episode left to air today for S1 RHOBH. And wouldn’t you know the husbads walks in and sees Camille and says “fake tits”. Then Taylor “ugggh Duck lips! How can you look at that?!!!” Then walking away sees KIM and says “Heroin addict!” as he leaves the room. I guess if I do not change channel he will ask How can I watch thi..again. OMG. At least there is no guilt with youse guys.

And poor Paul & Adrienne. So awkward.

That particular episode started with Camille being treated like sh*t by Kelsey and that was sad too. That is really a benchmark episode of this franchise as it has the Kyle/Kim smackdown.

Did ya’ll just see the promo commercial for a WWHL Wedding? A viewer can win a wedding and viewers will help w/the details? That could be fun.

23. chismosa says:

Whoa baby slow baby ……

It is liar liar site but there are quotes so that must mean they have her on tape, no?

I just watched the Betenny WWHL show maybe 2-3 days ago, so I admit I might not remember everything verbatim …. But Bethenny didn’t say anything about Bat Sh1t Crazy Kelly. Andy asked her if she saw the picture on the Internet of Kelly and Jason, she said no she didn’t see it but it was mentioned to her by one of her friends. And it was Andy who asked would you ever have Kelly on your show, and she answered she would have housewives and cast mates on if they were relevant to the show. Again, she didn’t mention Kelly. But I agree with KuuKuu — she needs to move on, and maybe seek professional help, pack her satchels and get a life.

24. Mene Seela says:

I’m so glad you guys were talking bout SITC upthread. I just watched my favorite episode 2x last week.
    It’s the one where Aidan breaks up with Carrie at the fountain. Aidan says “I can’t believe I’m back here again”.
    So sad and true.
    I read somewhere that that line had been cut from the script but John Corbett said it anyway.

Really ? Why would they cut it — it totally fits it.

I was doing a timeline in my head of how they had their 2nd breakup, then Carrie obsesses because the woman who dated Aidan right after Carrie – remember that issue ??
      Then when Carrie is starting up with Berger— that’s when she runs into Aidan with a baby who does not look newborn and he said he was married

They messed up that timeline a bit. There wasn’t sufficient time for the baby and quickie marriage. She should have run into him when she was with the Russian IMO

I could talk all day about this ……

But thanks for the heads up! That’s interesting back info

• Mene Seela says:

Yeah I can’t remember either. I didn’t like recycling Aidan again, especially with a kid. Carrie you screwed up – admit it. Learn from it.
        I hated Berger – what a whiner. And SJP was prego then/right after. She changed her acting style or delivery a bit too. Sort of arrogant or pretentious. Not as vulnerable.
        Remember all the Hamptons stuff and ZouZou Zhoo? ICK.

Oooooh you’re making me analyze.

So you think post-baby/Berger time- short hair days– she acted more pretentiously than in earlier seasons?? Hmmmm

When I watch now I think she’s such a self-involved person I could never be her friend. But I guess the show was Carrie’s POV

Nathan Lane marrying that woman and she was pregnant at like 50, that was awesome

Ps I LOVE charlotte’s “gay”– Anthony????

Char!!!!
          When she was getting married to the Jewish guy and he says “be careful during the horah dance. Oh if you fall — the horror!!” My FAVORITE. Lolllllll!!!!!
          I’m dying !! 😹😹😹😹😹
          😆

• plainviewsue says:

Yes, Carrie was very self involved. Even her gay best friend Stan said so when all she would talk about was her life & didn’t ask about his.

• lulu says:

When candace bushnell wrote sitc her intention was take one woman and split her personality four ways.

Carrie–indecisive
            Samantha–sex drive
            Miranda–power driven
            Charlotte– naive

Overall I enjoyed the series but not the movies.

Lulu that’s very interesting and I hadn’t known that. I can’t watch a movie AND read a book so i stayed away from the book.

I like that Candice Bushnell

Very interesting lulu…and likely why I could identify with parts of characters personalities – but not just on character!

• Mene Seela says:

Loved Anthony. In the fashion show epi he’s all pissy about about Stanford “Ed Harris?!!!”.

• Laineylainey says:

Ok, the horah/horror line was pretty darn funny and cute.

• Laineylainey says:

Berger, or the actor who played Berger was in the movie “the Conjuring”

• plainviewsue says:

Something we totally agree on Chismosa!!

I am a SATC fanatic. Can’t pick a favorite gal, but Carrie made me crazy with Aiden. He was too good for her & I felt she treated me badly.

That line, when Aiden says, “I can’t believe I’m back here again.” had to be said.

The episode you are talking about when Carrie obsesses about “the face.” I thought the writer was correct. Carrie did dispose of men. But she always belonged with Big.

I think I’ve watched every episode a zillion times. I loved the first movie. They should of ended it then. The second movie was terrible.

I loved when she said to Big…When you are tired you take a napa you don’t move
          to Napa. (Something like that)

• Laineylainey says:

Perfect example of the type of writing I didn’t like about this sow. And it didnt help that SJP would deliver her lines like Groucho Marx…sometimes. Super annoying. My daughter did not grow up watching it, she went to the movie and was highly disappointed with it including the message to young women. She sensed an underlying man hating message.

This is pretty amazing PVS that we agree on this. Haha!

Ps I heard they are posssssssssssibly making a 3rd movie

• Mene Seela says:

Charlotte was my favorite.
      She would wear her uptown pearls and shriek “ICK!!” like a four year old at Samatha’s description of sex baby twack.

Loved her 2nd husband.

25. Mene Seela says:

OMG this is hysterical …

26. VV says:

WTF? Lady Gaga’s favorite HW is Karent Sierra!? Seriously! Did she get confused with some other HW or the names? I don’t get it. Karent is in the same category as a Cindy Barbshop or Kathy Wakile. Is Gaga rooting for the underknown?

• She said it sort of like a joke, because she made fun of Karent’s fake face and smile as people attacked her.

• looneylucy says:

VV, my take on her comment is that while all the crap was being thrown Karent’s way, she always had her smile. I think Lady Gaga feels a kinship with Karent, as when she comes out in a meat dress or any outrageous costume (which she does for attention, mind you) that she “smiles” through all the criticism and negative media comments. Thus the mutual kinship.

• VV says:

She also mentioned she liked Lisa Vanderpump and Nene. Interesting that Karent’s name was the first one out of her mouth.

• Laineylainey says:

I liked Karent. She was confident without being catty, hurtful, or gossipy. She endured a bit of a pile-on and I loved how close and devoted she is to her parents.

27. VV says:

Vilzvet, Thanks for the recap. I missed the show last night. Looks like all three agents score. I know the guys make a lot $$. Do they keep all of it or the agency gets a cut? If yes, How much? Do we have real estate person on the blog? The only reason I’m asking is because Josh has a tiny little house and I’m almost certain his car is a rental. Malibu loves a modest house and Johs comes from wealth. Their commissions and lifestyles don’t add (To Me).

• vilzvet says:

Yeah you would think Josh A. would have a bigger house. We don’t get a true aerial glimpse of it, but it just doesn’t seem that great. Josh F. does live in a posh building; remember his neighbor was going to list his unit with Josh for a couple of million. The commissions the guys receive are always posted; I always thought that was theirs to keep fully but now you have me thinking it could be shared with their firm.

• VV says:

Josh is very smart. He comes from money and has made some money on his own. He moved to that building one or two seasons ago. I’m sure he has benefited from his grandmother and parents circles but he has made a name for himself.

• djprincessc says:

Hi VV, I posted upthread I’m a realtor in Southern California! Every company is different and every agent works on a different split. Some as high as 60/40 meaning you only get to keep 60% and your broker gets 40% (but thats normally when you are JUST starting out) also besides the split there are different fees you have to pay for such as E&O insurance (in case you get sued) transaction coordinator fee (if you use one, mine in my office is $200 for every transaction) and a franchise fee (my office charges 8% of your deal) a lot of ppl think realtors are overpaid and we really aren’t especially in the beginning. lol.

Oh and I forgot our checks are gross so its tax free, so you have to put money away for the end of the year to pay taxes and I know Madison and the Josh’s must pay a SHITLOAD in taxes. Anyways I’m pretty positive that Madison and the Josh’s keep 90% of their commission or 100% since they are brokers. Since Josh A just started his own company forsure he’s getting 100% but still has to pay other fees probably. I’d guess that Madison and Josh prob keep 90% of their commissions since they both work for companies. Madison works for Codwell Banker and Josh Flagg works for Rodeo Realty.

Hope this helps!! 🙂

• VV says:

Thank you DJ!!! That makes a lot of sense. I know living in Cali is expensive specially where they live. It just that I see them “making” tons of money on commission but you don’t see where the money goes or if it’s invested …

I think Josh was working for Keller Williams, I rember seing him in one if their offices last year.

28. rabblerouser2010R says:

Hi all, if any one gets a minute I would appropriate a minute of their time to vote for one of / or both of my girls….if any of you that have young kids and decide to enter them,,I would be more than happy to vote for them too…so please post the link.