Kelly Bensimon slams Bethenny Frankel and calls RHONY Fake

Kelly Bensimon slams Bethenny and calls RHONY Fake by NMD

Kelly Bensimon is the former model who joined the Real Housewives of New York in Season Two.  Kelly had an epic breakdown / breakthrough on the show on Season 3 – on a place we all refer to as Scary Island after she felt attacked by castmate Bethenny Frankel.  What we saw onscreen was bad enough, but cast mates said that behind the scenes it was far worse than what aired.  Kelly was escorted “off the island” after short circuiting – but returned to finish the season, presumably on new medications that kept her subdued and compliant – but somehow altered her memory to a point where she could deny her own behavior even with evidence on film.

bethenny-frankel-kelly-bensimon-gi

That was then and this is now, and as I type this, I have to wonder – was it just editing that put the scary into Scary Island?  I’m going to hold that thought, eat a few jelly beans and carry on after saying Al Shapton Al Sharpton a few times to clear the air of all thoughts.

After Kelly was fired from RHONY – along with her puppet master Jill Zarin, wife of mortal enemy Simon Van Kempen – Alex McCord, and some other person – she impressed me by disappearing.  She didn’t make a peep in the press or on twitter. The polar opposite of Jill and Alex, who both seemed determined to wheedle their way back on the show.

Irony of ironies – it is KKB that has now resurfaced and may light up the little screen in Season 6.  According to Page 6 and now Wetpaint – she’s baaaack as a guest of the unflappable Countess LuAnn.  Our dear Countess has remained friends with both Jill Z and KKB – much to my astonishment.  I always felt that these on screen friendships were as fake as their purses.

Not only is she back, but she’s taking on nemesis Bethenny Frankel.  Since Bethenny annihilated Jill and Kelly in Season 3, her star has fallen, and Kelly seems to have risen up to kick her when she’s down.  It started with B’s appearance on WWHL to promote her new talk show.  Apparently she must have mentioned something about RHONY, because Kelly tweeted this:

“❤@intoouch @andybravo @bethenny. B needs to recognize the difference between ‘reality’ and real life. It’s time to let #rhony go. #wwhl

When someone responded with: “Kelly needs to get in touch with reality !!!!!”

Kelly promised “Just wait. I’m done being above it, the truth is coming out #rhony.”

But wait – it gets better.  After Page 6 picked up that she had filmed a few scenes for Real Housewives (at LuAnn’s place), she gave an interview to Wetpaint.  It was priceless.  Asked about whether she’d get a one-on-one with Andy on WWHL she said:

“You know, I’ve done WWHL, I was there for my fifth book that came out about the Hamptons. But a one-on-one show I don’t think is an opportunity for me.

I mean, I wasn’t even a real Housewife. I was just supposed to be on a couple of episodes, and I ended up staying on for three years. Yes, I was on the show, but no one really saw my personal life. You didn’t see me at home or with my family. I mean, I have a twin brother and no one who watched the show even knew that. I kept my personal life personal.”

Is she delusional?  She wasn’t even a housewife because no one saw her personal life??? Does she not remember filming in her home???

Asked if she’ll watch RHONY this season  – Kelly says “I’m on it! I’m in a couple of scenes with LuAnn. And I love Carole Radziwell. She’s so smart. I like Heather too — she’s a great woman.”   Oooh – that’s got to burn Jillzy since she thinks of Heather as HER replacement for some unfathomable reason.

Asked how filming went.  “It was fun. It was a nice opportunity to hang out with Luann and Carole. It was real life. It wasn’t fabricated stuff. No enemies and no kooky craziness. It was great!”  This from a woman who brought a fake boyfriend on the show to film with her, and just seconds ago claimed that we never saw the real Kelly.  Oh my – she does amuse me.

So Kelly is back and as kookoo as ever.  Maybe she’ll be a guest on Bethenny’s new show.  That should bring the ratings!

_______________________________________

And now a timeout from the housewives for a little science – here’s a fun video called “Where’s the Octopus”

________________________________________

Happy Birthday OneMoreinBoston (OMIB), Dickens and Zanne

_________________________________________

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of New York and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

105 Responses to Kelly Bensimon slams Bethenny Frankel and calls RHONY Fake

1. Rebecca says:

Happy Birthday OMIB, Dickens, and Zanne! You share your birthday with National Creme-Filled Donut Day! Krispy Cremes for everyone!!!!!!!!!

2. Rebecca says:

Just thought I’d save this one here for posterity…. (gotta love Snap Bird)

Richard Wakile
    19 Aug from Twitter for iPhone

Biff Butterfield
    biffbutterfield “@richardwakile: @biffbutterfield go ahead and rat me out to Andy Cohen. He’s a stupid faggot anyways!” @BravoAndy @Bravotv LOOK!!!
    19 Aug from Twitter for iPhone

• Goodness Rebecca – I don’t want any of Richie’s homophobic rants saved on this blog. He is simply awful.

That’s just pitiful. I would not say he was my dad if I were his kids. Can you imagine what he would have been like on social media 20 yrs ago? He’s awful.

Well that’s not nice now Richie. And what’s got you so riled up about being ratted out to Andy? What secret(s) are you hiding besides your homophobia tendencies. Wow!

Wow. He is just disgusting.

• VV says:

Richie Wakile future guest on the Bethenny show. Highly regarded as the voice of reason by Wendy Williams. The men that on film and Twitter has made many homophobic remarks, made extreme vile comments. He tweets and deletes hasn’t gotten a clue that somewhere somebody always takes screenshots.

The ENTIRE Wakile family that includes Victoria and Joseph mention on their Twitter profile that they are associated with RHONJ. If anybody here is interested in booking them, there is a Gmail address to write to.

• plainviewsue says:

Holy crap!!!!!! This is unreal. Kathy’s on WWHL tomorrow night. Would love to hear Andy address this.

3. MelTheHound says:

Happy Birthday OMIB, Dickens, and Zanne 😀

4. KTinCT says:

Happy Birthdays, One More In Boston, Dickens and Zanne 🙂

5. Shiny says:

Happy Your Day, to all three of you – celebrate big time!

Good afternoon everyone. Wishing OMIB, Dickens and Zanne a great day and a Happy Birthday.

7. Shiny says:

KooKooKelly resurfaces? I’d almost forgotten about her and all the bizarro comments she made. The blatant inconsistencies in her statements are still completely unnoticed by her. They almost make me want to see her on RHNY again, but only for a scene or two. Any more time with than that would be much too painful to watch.

We know NY is fake just as we know the whole franchise is fake but Kelly is just calling
    it fake to say she was “acting” cookoo & wasn’t actually cookoo. Give me a break. Just admit she was intimidated by Bethenny and just couldn’t handle it. When she told B “I’m up here and you’re down there” she thought she was time enough for B but Kelly wasn’t fast enough on her feet to go tongue lashing to tongue lashing w/B. Her problem was that she thought because she’s this tall, blonde former model, the viewers would fall in love w/her. After all she’s the “blonde bombshell’ & B couldn’t compare to her. Thats what she thought. In her own way just like JZ she can’t let go of the “fake” show.

• Here comes Kelly and the ensuing CASINO… lol lol lol should add some spice to NY… just a TINY part of me feels for her…. must be tough to go thru life with your brains wiring off kilter at times….. maybe she’s just not wired to deal with drama and all that comes with it..her brain cant process it all at the right time…. sorta like how tre’s brain doesn’t engage with her mouth properly….

HAPPY BIRTH DAY ALL…. enjoy your day….

• Laineylainey says:

She has always been the poster child for “walking contradictions”…no processed food, but jelly beans are ok…etc. BB said it better below. 💞

• VV says:

A few weeks ago Kelly gave the name of a Bravo producer and mentioned that any questions about scary island should be directed to him that he knew exactly what happened.
      Knowing now what I know – and I’m sure is worst – about how Bravo manipulates story lines. I wonder how much truth do we know about what truly went down not only in Scary Island but the whole Jill Zarin and B. We do know for sure B got the best edit. Did Jill Z get a fear edit? Was Bravo building the case to fire her? …… This network and production companies lie to their viewers in the most cynical way. They do. That is a fact.

RamonaCoaster was never in jeopardy of a job, she doesn’t really play the “party line” with Bravo and she TRIED to get THELunatic and B together to air the issues so they could be at least cordial with each other. She was the one that said that the melt down on Scary Island MOST CERTAINLY occurred, she was the one that mentioned that they had called THeLunatic, by the way more than once, to try and help the situation. So, nope don’t buy for a minute KooKooforSatchelsofgoldJellyBeans didn’t have a meltdown! You know what KooKooforSatchelsofgoldJellyBeans allow to air the footage! Announce in public that you want that footage “seen by all” to allow it to air, not refer to some producer who states that they can’t discuss the issue. You have to also remember that she has connections to PR that of course tell her to deflect the issues, deny the issues, state it never happened, while most of these are in “her head”, some are from actual outside sources.

• VV says:

Thanks T-Rex. I was not speaking specifically of the Meltdown. I was referring more to the entire trip and how things unfolded. What were the ladies doing? What conversations took place? Where B and KKB constantly butting heads? Was KKB given Meds
          ? If yes, by whom…a cast member, production?
          What I meant was more in the lines of… We saw what Bravo wanted us to see in exactly way Bravo scripted so that we would conclude exactly what we all did. We were more trusting of Bravo then. I can guarantee you I can see this episode and I can find a lot of editing manipulation just as we see Today. Before we were not aware the extent of it, now we do.

• VV says:

Jac Laurita confirmed to us on a Twitter she deleted almost immediately after she twitted that Bravo gave her Xanax during filming at one of the Reunion episodes.

From what I remember at the time, B and KooKooforSatchelsofGoldJellyBeans were only together for filming, B was pregnant and not feeling well at the time. They all stated that about filmn, even KooKooforSatchelsofGoldJellyBeans said that at the time, and now seems to have some “revisionist” history of the whole trip. She was most definitely sedated, and from what was said at the time producers were on the phone with medical professionals and a local professional was also called in. I think one of the reasons that Bravo can’t speak of some of the issues is due to HIPPA rules, so they can’t disclose any medical treatments given. I think Bravo would LOVE to show more of that meltdown, would be ratings gold, which is why I say to KooKooforSatchelsofGoldJellyBeans that if she were to tell Bravo in writing they could air the footage they would, she knows they can’t and is just looking for publicity. I think she is a lying POS who needs to go away, far away

That’s a good theory on her telling bravo to release the tapes knowing they can’t. Isn’t her brother a lawyer or something ?

Plus her ex has got to have her on a short leash. I wonder if she still lives in the same building as him

She said “It was a nice opportunity to hang out with LuAnn and Carole. It was real life.”So that was real but when she was on w/B it wasn’t real? Was she on her meds when she did that interview? Oh boy.

10. NMH says:

I haven’t much to say about Kelly, she just exhausts me. Ill just wait and see if she really has any new revelations at the time. I’m still trying to recover from OC by focusing on big brother USA AND UK and waiting excitedly for Walking Dead. RHONJ is dead to me. How awful are you when you make Teresa and Jiucy look like the good guys. Right now RHONY seems so far away.

On a different note, I LOVE THAT OCTOPUS VIDEO!

Gee, she must have forgotten that everyone has seen her apartment with her giant plastic horse and her burning pancakes with her daughters and her running through the streets of New York dodging traffic. I guess that was all fake and not part of her personal life. Gosh I miss Kelly and Jill on RHONY. I must say Carole and Heather are a little boring in comparison although they are likable enough I guess. Aviva kind of brings the crazy though. Sand angels, jelly beans, Al Sharpton, that’s so 1979, no processed foods, no drinking, no cruelty to animals while wearing furs, free to be you and me, lemons out of lemonaid, etc. Ah, those were the days my friends.

• Laineylainey says:

“…we thought they’d never end…” Or yeah, we knew those days would end or that poor lady might implode.

Those were the days!!

Didnt she put her dog on the dishwasher or something — while it was open??

Happy Birthday ladies. 🙂 Great blog NMD and I also loved the video so thank-you.

One of our friends daughter (23 yrs old and an up and promising Opera Singer) was killed
    by a drunk driver a few days ago so we are attending her funeral today. She was their only child.
    I couldn’t imagine.

13. rabblerouser2010R says:

Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girls

14. California35 says:

Havent read yet but saw the title and my thought was “agaaaain?” LOL

15. iceNfire says:

Hello – I step away from this blog for a bit only to return and read that Brandi is mortal enemy #1 now and the season hasn’t even started yet. Keeping up with the behind the scenes going ons of these HW’s is a full time job if anyone wants to keep u with the mood of commenters here.
    Cliff notes lease? 😛

16. Mene Seela says:

So…. Bethenny’s tawk show starts and suddenly Andy has Kookooks on WWHL and back on RHNY. Riiight.

I’ve got to say that Bethenny does deserve every criticism she gets – from Kookooks or anyone else.

Good Afternoon everyone! Happy Birthday OMIB, Dickens and Zanne!
    Lets think about this. LuAnne has no storyline anymore (other than that Ross look alike boyfriend) and she is stale. What better than to hook up with Crazy to make herself relevant. Talk about desperate. I can also imagine that Kelly need money. Uggg…… I hope this season is good.

18. lulu says:

Hello everyone!!! Hope everyones day is going great!!! The governor is off with his father while I get alone time with Aiden 😉

Nmd love the blog yesterday and today!!! I wonder if kelly meant she was “playing” for the camera?? She called out b for being inauthentic and I always wondered if there was any truth to that. In hindsight yes b manipulated scenes to her advantage and it worked. I know kelly is out there but she’s not that far gone.

19. lulu says:

OT what would you consider a “medium” clothing and shoe brand???

20. Jules says:

this is sad. the woman has two daughters. I think the father is very involved but still how could anyone let her on television once more. She is so fragile. I will not watch with her on it do not want Bravo or the producers to think it is ok to do this the mentally ill.

21. VV says:

Watched the exchange between Penny, Meho and Joey.
    The entire conversation was a fabrication by Bravo by inserting audio, voice over and cutting and splicing film. We already know this conversation took place before the trip to Arizona. We also know Melisa and Joey were coached to ask specific questions that would eventually help editing to tell the story Bravo wants to tell.
    If you watch a first time, it flows okay. Once you watch and pause at certain times you can see this is was cleverly put together at the editing room at Bravo.

• MelTheHound says:

Are we shocked by this 😉

• VV says:

Not, not really. It’s just that there is something definitively wrong with the culture of a network that sets out to lie blatantly to its viewers and destroy reputations along the way.
        Yes, I understand the HW signed up for it. I’m sure in the beginning Bravo told them of the great opportunities to promote their businesses and causes. Interesting lots of fundraising in the beginning of HWs shows not so much now.
        I just find myself watching less and less of the network.

• MelTheHound says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          That’s nothing new.. Every single news network does that… If anything, Bravo is following the lead of it’s parent company…

22. California35 says:

Happy Birthday OneMoreinBoston (OMIB), Dickens and Zanne

Oh Kelly Kelly…. She is still the same… In my experience with crazy (myself included hehehe) people will only try to change if they see something wrong with their behavior or their believes. She doesn’t see it. Not only that she is delusional!!!

Great blog!

23. T-Rex says:

Okay RamonaCoaster has been on the show from day one, she knows to bring the Drama, how to be crazy, be drunk, etc. While I dislike her, and would find her overbearing, the woman doesn’t seem to lie and doesn’t follow the Bravo “party-line”, she doesn’t need the money to be on Bravo, so she doesn’t care how she acts. So, that being said, she was the one who came out first and foremost, that Scary Island not only occurred it was WAY worse than anyone saw, and I believe it! Sonja was “new girl on the block”, trying to be helpful and diffuse the situation, and SHE was overwhelmed at the meltdown! TheLunaticJZ was called more than once to try and help the situation, leading to the scene where KooKooforSatchelsofgoldJellyBeans was telling her about Bethenny killing her. KooKooforSatchelsofgoldJellyBeans needs to state in Public that Bravo can air anything filmed that weekend, and send to an independent party to show we are all wrong and it never happened. Instead, she said it didn’t happen and refer to a Production company, which means diddly squat, if you have no issues state “I GIVE FULL PERMISSION” to all the edits for that weekend.

24. Boobah says:

Happy Birthday OMIB, Dickens and Zanne! Hope you all had a great day/evening!!!

Purdue is beating Notre Dame….I am trying to talk Pepper off the ledge. 🙂

Remember they filmed the show around Audriana’s birth. Not the only Real Housewife to do that – who are the others?

Hi Tarts !

Jacqueline —– Bethenny on spinoff, Vickie’s daughter maybe ??
        I don’t think anyone else

Gabriella looks more like her sisters now. She looked so unique before but now I see her features becoming like the others.

Hi chismosa! 🙂 That’s the only ones I could remember too.

Oh what about the new baby factory- Kim Z??

I dont think these twins are the end ……

Oh she is at then end of baby factory…so she says. I didn’t think any of the births occurred at time of filming. Didn’t see such episode at least. Off the bed for some zzzz.

Too cute!

Wild! Thanks for sharing the Octopus video!

She looks so happy and secure. His parents look fabulous.
      I can’t wait for Jason to find another wife and give her nice brothers and sisters.

32. VV says:

Why would Joey invite Teresa and Joe to celebrate Meho’s Bday after he and Melissa were told by Penny (allegedly) that Teresa was behind the cheating rumors? IT DOESN’T MAKE FREAKING SENSE! ……

33. wallstlady says:

Happy B Day one Mo Bo!

Nice pic of Ana and her daughters.