Tamra and June’s Weddings – A Comparison by NMD

Last week I was flipping through the channels, and landed on something I thought I’d never watch – Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.  The episode was the Season 2 finale where Honey Boo Boo’s parents get committed – in a ceremony – much like a wedding.  I couldn’t help think about how their wedding-type ceremony compared to Tamra’s – so let’s break it down. Photo credits for June’s wedding – DCL from TLC website.

Tamra

June

(Honey Boo Boo’s mom)

Marriages Third First?
Children 4 from 2 dads 4 from 4 dads
Background Parents were 16 when they had her – she was a teenage momStories have emerged that didn’t have custody of her first child for a while Was young (15, 16?) when she had her first (if her age is really 33)- her oldest is 18 and had a baby last yearHer mother raised her first child (from 7 on until recently)
Cake $3000 caketamracake Made by her sister (with some help by a professional) Bottom is grooms cake.23-hbb-photo-album22-hbb-photo-album
Catering St Regis – $300 a plate Made her own beans & proud of it
Wedding dress  photo – flameflynettamra-barney-003  12-hbb-photo-album
Bridesmaid dresses Vera Wangtamras-oc-wedding-bridal-party-03  Not sure16-hbb-photo-album
Venue St Regisphoto flameflynettamra-barney-004 Backyard14-hbb-photo-album25-hbb-photo-album
Groomsmen  Traditional look(see above with Heather)  Went for coordinating “camo” attirehoneybooboogroom
Fun Factor We’ll see tonight High

The thing that struck me about Mama June and Sugar Bear’s wedding was how much Sugar Bear really loved June.  He was bawling from the moment he set eyes on her coming out of the house.  Tamra and Eddie can only hope to capture that sort of emotional response on camera.

I’m not convinced either of these couples would have been walking “down the aisle” unless cameras were following them – but it you are going to go through this for the camera – probably better to have a commitment ceremony than an actual marriage. Expecially since neither couple seems interested in additional children.

Meanwhile – in Miami two other housewives are planning extravagant weddings to impress us. I wonder if either will make her own beans?

Let’s Chat

_________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Let's Chat, Miami, Real Housewives of Orange County. Bookmark the permalink.

255 Responses to Tamra and June’s Weddings – A comparison – Plus Let’s Chat Real Housewives of Miami

1. Rebecca says:

If we are voting…. I’d rather go to the Honey Boo Boo wedding that Tamara’s. You know they had a good old time at that one.

LOL. Tamra vs June. 🙂 I’ve never watched HBB but I surely appreciate the comparison.

3. VV says:

BitterClown just confirmed via Twitter her new spinning off show.

4. VV says:

I’ve mention this before and I’ll mention it again. The only Manzo “kid” that Andy follows on Twitter is Albie 😶

5. VV says:

Penny’s blog should be up within the hour.

I wonder if she is going to say anything about Joey’s TH?
      How mean was that!!!

• Rebecca says:

I’m going to say this about Penny. I think she’s telling the truth. 100%. However, she’s gone about it in a very mean (effing twitter) manner. I get that her family and friends and business were wronged by Melissa. I get that she is trying to take full advantage of the opportunity to let Melissa have it. What she’s forgetting is to stay out of karma’s way. Melissa would have taken care of Melissa. Karma is a bitch and Melissa will get what’s coming to her. Penny should have stayed out of the way.

Giggle. Tamra vs June. What an imagination NMD!
    Giggle.Giggle.Giggles. Yep, I’ve got a case of it. 🙂

7. Stars99 says:

Completely hysterical, NMD… I love, love, LOVE it! =)

Has Eddie been married before? Anyone know?

First off..I was watching re-runs of Tamara and Eddie’s show and Tamara is trash. Telling a chef that she has no idea what he is saying is just rude. Ok. Then do what June did and be happy.
    I give them 6 mos. to a year.

America is supposed to find enjoyment in watching a show about a woman (who does not work and wants for nothing) complaining about her kids. Why is that cool?

Parents coming home from a long day at work, who fix their dinners, help with homework, do laundry, having to clean their house and work their yards want to watch this seriously depressed woman whine about her kids? Her lazy ass entitled grown adult spawns.
    Really…..no I don’t think so. Bravo…epic fail.
    Caroline is the shining example of what I despise. A woman who takes absolutely no control over her life but acts like she is the one in control. Obviously, if you have to ask your husband for grocery money after 30+ years then you don’t have any control over anything.

Memo to Caroline: Check Al’s Wills, Trusts and Death Insurance policies. STAT.

If I wasn’t grossed out enough knowing Eddie and Tamra are on TV – not watching! Then comes the double whammy, the Manzo’s – not gonna watch! Gag.

What did we do to deserve this?!!!!

What is she holding?

12. chismosa says:

VV– did you hear — Bethenny and Jason are headed to trial because she won’t budge.

BITC$

I thought you were team Bethenny!

• VV says:

Yes, I read about it. SELFISH SELFISH SELFISH. It’s always all about her. Don’t mind the kid has a father….

• AZGirl says:

From what I understand here (and remember Mr. AZGirl does NOT do family law) from attorney’s we know that Judge’s HATE when there is no compromise. I am assuming it is NOT a JURY TRIAL
        My guess is the Judge is going to put them both on the line and call them out for wasting taxpayer’s dollars on something that could be mediated. They are both guilty of using the courts for their own agenda and judges HATE that.

I hope the judge is fair. Who would want to deny a child equal time with their father who from all accounts is a great one? That’s not OK.

Dancing with the Stars is pretty good so far! I probably won’t be able to stay up and watch the whole thing tonight, but enjoying it so far. Interesting contestants this year – Valerie Harper, Leah Remini, Jack Osborne, etc.

14. VV says:

Teresa was criticized for wearing a Milania baseball cap, what they failed to notice is she was wearing a Blk T-shirt. Unlike her co stars that will never help her with her brand.

BTW, that little punk W Jr. Deleted some of his mean tweets, just like his dad does. ..

15. NJBev says:

I think it’s weird that Tamra’s brother looks like Simon.

16. Amalfi says:

I have never cared much for Tamra (to put it mildly) but she looks happy — I hope it is genuine and that the love Eddie shows for her in the episode is genuine as well.

If they can be happy together, well good for them. I am a sucker for weddings. Even Tamra’s.

17. NJBev says:

I saw some tidbits from the repeats of Miami today,
    Can anyone tell me why Anna hates Lea so much?
    I know about the one girl(can’t remember her name for the life
    of me, these “senior” moments are taking over-)
    whose PR firm screwed up the Step and repeat at lea’s
    gala 2 yrs ago- Marisol?
    I can’t stand Adriana’s voice-oh my Gawd!!
    But I don’t understand the “Cuban” revolution against
    Lea? what happened?

I’m just so pissed there’s no Miami HW on WWH instead it’s that Tammy sue got married

I can’t stand Leas voice !!!!

And Adriana (ahhhh- driana) is not Cuban

Bev my theory jmho prom Queen of England lea got her law posse to get Ana off the show. But that’s just me. I can’t stand lea.
      Catch you all later because I don’t like spoilers and I want to watch some dancing and the DOME finale 🔮🔮🔮🔮

Ps is Tammy’s Eddie hispanic??? I’m just wondering because I thought that was said around here but his last name is Judge. On his mom’s side ?

Can someone help out Bev…. can barely type on this device!

NJBev — lea claims fault against Marisol I believe for that year ? But Marisol never admitted to that …..? I don’t know.
      It’s a point of contention last year’s season.

Ana couldn’t stand Lea’s haughty attitude all season but at the reunion came armed with folders 📂📁📂📁that were EDITED OUT and must have been extremely shocking because that is why at the reunion Andy asks Ahhhhhdriana if any of that “shocked” her ….. The edit was bad. Lea was falling down out of shock onto the couch or standing up Teresa style to cackle back at Ana using legalese she got from her husband.

Ana has hinted that this season we would find out “why” shes less on this year. I don’t know.

I just never liked lea even with her old face season 1

Sorry that’s all I got

• NJBev says:

Thank you, Chi!

• NJBev says:

Lea doesn’t bother me.
        Ana just seems bitter and mean,
        she didn’t want her divorce-
        Ahhhhdriana just bothers me.
        always has-
        Marisol has to stop feeling
        sorry for herself.
        Lisa is cute, NO MORE WORK Lisa!

Good to see Chismosa helped you out….I like her dramatic flair when she explains things! 🙂 Only thing I would add to that is Lea made disparaging remarks about Ana’s daughters…which unfortunately I can not remember (it was not on the show) and Ana came back calling Lea’s son socially ackward. Ana also held it against Lea for treating Marysol so badly about the Time she hired her for Blacks Gala..I never understood all that because Marysol refused to be very vocal about it. She can not stand confrontation…whereas Ana thrives on it.

Welcome to MIAMI 😀

19. NJBev says:

Lisa’s MIL must have had some health concerns(cancer)
    She has that swollen arm that happens sometimes when
    the lymph nodes are removed?

20. Texting a child directly is not a good idea, regardless of the circumstances, The invitation should have gone through Adriana or RJ should have texted Alex. I’m glad that the boys are staying out of it.

21. chismosa says:

Oh and my FAVE show has its finale also tonight. Breaking Pointe
    I love the world of ballet

I am so glad my husband didn’t come with in-laws. lol This dinner is difficult to watch.

Uncomfortable family situation you have there, Lenny.

• Laineylainey says:

Haha! One of my friends calls me Lenny, so I was momentarily confused….haa! It’s all about meeeeeeeeee

24. Holy cannoli – Lenny’ just read his parents. They are so mean.

That was crazy! Lenny is so calm and collected. This speaks VOLUMES about his mother. What a whack job. Lenny married UP

Lea is such a nut.

Leave the dog alone.

Plethora of secrets of her own. Funny what her accent did to that word, but I give her an A+ for vocabulary.

28. Hasn’t Bravo realized that the shows about overprivileged, single, twenty-somethings just don’t work? We had Dallas, then Jersey, now Atlanta?

LOL! Marysol clothes shopping saying “I can’t pull that off, I’m peri-menopausal!”

It’s fun to see these boys play.

So this is what happens if you let rich kids plan their own party?! lol

32. Wait! Did Romain just confuse Lea & Adriana’s kids?

I love the quartet. Too funny.

Lisa made a funny. 🙂

AKWARD! HW singing happy birthday to a teenage boy? Right, Lisa.

Goodbye Miami, you were a little meh tonight. I seriously wish we could be free of weddings…might as well make Bravo name change – The Wedding Network.
    shrug

37. MelTheHound says:

I don’t want to beat any dead horses but anyone who wants to see my writeup from last night, drop me a line a 2coolmel at rolleiman dot com and I’ll email it to you. I’ve had a lot of requests for it so if you really want to see it, this would probably be the best way. Just tell me who you are here is all I ask.

Late to the party…. Tamra said she couldn’t dance…she was right. She stinks! Her wedding was beautiful-but a bit much for a third timer…Eddie said her would pay a million bucks to see Tamra happy as if this wedding cost him a red cent!( what does that mean-red cent?). I never have seen a cake suspended from the ceiling-interesting…

Jill is fashionably late. I didn’t watch, but the WWHL poll asks who was best dressed HW at Tammy’s wedding. Who do you think? I remember Alexis standing out in photos.

I think Alexis looked great-Vicky looked like she needed her hair brushed-as usual!! Heather looked like she always looks and Gretchen poor thing she is just fashionly inept!!!
        Lydia looked like a little pixie-I’m over that look for her-enough with the head band things-she needs a more mature look! I think Eddies grandma looked the best!!!

Vicki and that hair! lol How cute that grandma gets a best dressed nod!

Tamra just totally embarrassed Eddie by putting on her clubhouse gift underwear on the spot!
          (Chismosa, I’ll haVe you know I edited the bad word!)

Oh that Tamra-She is so classy ( and since that word is so classless-it sums up TammySue perfectly) . She also said she hasn’t had any work done to her face-but I swear her forehead does not move and the lines on her face are gone-she has to be doing injections… Has to be!!

• Laineylainey says:

What’s the point of having it suspended in air. Oh huh…look…fancy cause it’s floating sort of

39. VV says:

This is who gets a Spinoff, BitterClown at Bravo Wacko TV.

“Prediction: Something may happen where someone has to go somewhere. Teresa’s going to have to pull herself up on her bootstraps and take over. She’ll say, ‘You know what, I tried. I stood by him, but I have to divorce him now. And I’m gonna show my daughters what it’s like to be strong and independent on your own and survive.’ There’s a book in there – you heard it here first!”

40. California35 says:

Great and fun blog 🙂

43. Orson says:

I did it! I managed to NOT watch Bravo tonight. Hardly paid attention to NJ last night either. Maybe there’s hope for me.
    One thing about RHOM I want to mention. Remember that big party Lisa threw last season that was right before Lea’s Gala? There’s a couple things I remember about it that didn’t get mentioned here or at least the pieces were mentioned but no one commented about or noticed the big picture; ie, Lea did a good job sabotaging it. Who did she bring as her guests? That professional cross-dresser who had issues with Marisol and maybe some other people there and the Girls Gone Wild guy who dropped some spicy information about Johanna and her sister. So there was a lot of potential for conflict there. And PCD managed to shove some guy into the pool which shorted out the sound system. I admire the way Lea kept her hands clean on that. That was the party where one of the brunettes and a a blond (Johanna maybe?) exchanged a slap or punch too. I don’t remember, but could Lea have lit the fuse on that one also? I wouldn’t put it past her.

Oh, I wonder what a forensic accountant would have to say after an audit of her Gala charity fund-raising organization.

NMD-I sent you an email-let me know if you get it-I had to set up my account on my iPad…I hope it went through!!!

45. Mrs Peabody says:

I just found out that pigs do fly and it was a cold day in hell today. Melissa actually said something supportive of her SIL Teresa today. OH wait……………….I guess she has been actually reading the blogs about how she acts and has decided to stop being so negative about her……not that’s not it …..wait…….she has a book coming out tomorrow. Sorry I don’t care how much you try to change your image at this late date I’m still not buying the book, I think I’ll order one of TEresa’s books instead. Eat your heart out Melissa, Kathy and clownface I guess they aren’t quite as dumb as they appear, they have finally figured out they need Teresa to sell their products.

• MelTheHound says:

Even if Teresa is the most hated person on the face of the earth, which for some here, she is, those three witches can’t come close to touching her in terms of people who will protect someone they don’t even know. Momz, go feed your kids until your nips fall off and your husband drops dead from trying to support them. MeGo, go lock yourself in an airtight box with your hubby and do your caterwauling until he blows his brains out. Kathy, my head hurts from trying to find words about how pathetically boring you really are. Go cry to that tool husband of yours.

46. Laineylainey says:

Wendy’s back!!!!! Did anybody else watch yesterday? She didn’t say much about Tre, but she did say that Mel should stop singing.

• VV says:

Why did it take her three years to figure that out?

IDK, VV!!! She did like the first song, she said, but wanted her to have fun with it and then go back to being a housewife. She said she was a woman of a certain age and no way was she going to break into the pop music scene, etc. She might have been quoting someone from this blog, it sounded so familiar.

47. VV says:

Okay what happened with Faux Twitter and site? I’m looking for Penny’s blog. They took it down and said that it would be up later but as of this morning the site is gone and tweets are protected.
    #BOYCOTBRAVO

49. VV says:

Calling Plainviesue! Plainviewsue, Plainviewsue! Give us the scoop on Faux. Please 🙂