Real Housewives of Miami Blogs Blogged

Real Housewives of Miami Blogs Blogged by Hydrangea Hussy

Adriana de Moura

“Adriana’s Glamorous ‘Great Gatsby’ Wedding”

There wasn’t much Adriana in this episode so her blog was super-short.  I was glad that she didn’t spend her blog focusing on Team Lea.  Adriana tells us that she chose the Great Gatsby theme because her venue, the Biltmore Hotel, was built in the 1920’s.  “Hence, the need for the guests to change from the all-white, pure, and peaceful attire required for the church to the more glamorous attire representative of The Great Gatsby look.”  I still think it’s nuts to expect your guests to change between the wedding & reception.  Seems like she’s more concerned with how the wedding will appear than with actually celebrating her marriage.

Adriana really sympathized with Alexia’s struggle with Peter.  “We mothers try to do our best to protect our sons — it was heartbreaking to see her struggling with that.”  I agree that it’s heart-breaking to see Alexia struggling to deal with Peter.    Frederic and I went through a lot, and finally I see my son loving him and bonded with him.”  It’s good to see that Alex & Frederic get along well.  I was a little surprised because I didn’t realize that the two ever didn’t get along.

Lea Black

“The Birkin Bag Bonanza”

LisaJoanna, and I had so much fun! It was one laugh and giggle after the other. It was such a nice and refreshing change from being around negative energy and haters.”  The ladies did seem to let loose a little when not surrounded by negative energy.  I was pleased that they didn’t spend the whole time bashing Team Adriana.  Perpetuating the feud seems to be Adriana’s thing.  I love the no-drama drama. It is lighthearted drama. We had lots of belly laughs and lots of “eye-rolls.””  I liked seeing the girls acting silly & getting along.  It was a nice change from all of the conflict in previous episodes.

“People may think I’m different or distant or whatever people choose to think. But unless there’s a reason for it, I prefer to handle my misunderstandings, disputes, and problems with people directly. And with Lisa and Joanna, it’s easy to do that.”  It’s been clear that Lea wanted to handle her issues with Adriana in private, but Adriana has chosen to force everyone to take sides.  Hopefully Lea will continue to take the high road

As for the Birkins – “P.S. I don’t have as many Birkin bags as some people think! LOL!”  Whatever.  I’m over the Birkins.

Lisa Hochstein

“Joanna’s Outright Insult”

This week is a long one for Lisa.  She begins by explaining her over-packing: We were there for five days, and since LA is not my second home like Jo and Lea, I had to have options!”  She comments on how down-to-earth Joanna’s mother is & how easily Joanna’s walls dropped in LA.  It’s easy to see that is where Joanna feels most comfortable.  “You didn’t even see the whole journey, but it was just us girls bonding, being silly, and getting lost! This is my kind of fun — lighthearted and silly.

She says that everything was going great until lunch, when Joanna sprung the ultimatum.  “Joanna and Adriana’s issues have nothing to do with me. For her to give me an ultimatum of whose wedding to be in is childish.”  I agree!  Both Joanna & Adriana are being childish.  At least Adriana didn’t make an ultimatum.  “I’m a grown woman and no one’s going to tell me who to be friends with, let alone whose wedding to be in puh-leasse!” It’s ridiculous for Joanna to think that she can tell Lisa who to be friends with.  I thought Joanna was taking the high road & moving on with Adriana. I was simply using the scenario as an example of how Joanna doesn’t find anything wrong with Lea and Joe Francis’ relationship, but with me and Adriana she has a problem. That’s a double standard.”  That’s the problem with Joanna, everything is about her.

Ah, the Birkins.. I know it sounds ridiculous to spend that kind of money on a handbag, but I like to look at them as an investment. They hold their value forever if you take good care of them.”  I don’t see anything wrong with Lisa spending her money any way that she wants.  Now, I wouldn’t spend $10K on a bag, but to each his own.  “There is nothing wrong with appreciating beautiful material things as long as you give back, which my husband and I do.”

As to Joanna’s little digs at dinner, “She said that her friends in LA are very hardworking and accomplished as opposed to her friends in Miami. I did take offense to that.”  Lisa is especially hurt because Joanna has made comments in the press about Lisa’s lack of a job.  Lisa explains that she has worked very hard all of her life, including in acting & modeling.  Since her marriage to Lenny, she has taken on the role of wife and philanthropist.  “I think Joanna should get the facts straight before she says these things that sound so ignorant. She’s not just offending me, but women across the country who are real housewives.”  Joanna needs to think before she speaks.

Joanna Kruppa

“Lisa’s Bridesmaid Ultimatum”

Traveling with Lisa and Lea   She was a little worried about Lisa, I was scared she was going to be high maintenance and complain about her room (I remember that from our trip to Bimini).” Lisa is a little high maintenance, but she also has good manners.  I don’t think she would have complained about her accommodations at Joanna’s house.  I’m not sure why Joanna needs to constantly make little digs at her friends.  She reminds me of Brandi, taking this outspoken attitude too far.

Joanna gives us a little more on her background, “My mom and I emigrated from Poland when I was 5 years old. Mom wanted to move in order to give her kids a better life.”  “We never felt like we had less than other kids, and she always gave us tons of love to reciprocate for what we didn’t have“ Joanna’s story is an inspiration.  I think that her humble background makes her feel as though she has to constantly prove that she’s better than others. “Seeing my mom work so hard and always having a smile on her face made me very ambitious, and I wanted to make her proud one day.  That is why I won’t let anyone stand in my way and put me down, because life is hard as it is and you don’t need people that don’t wish you well.” It’s great that Joanna doesn’t want to let people put her down, but she goes overboard.  There’s no need to be so aggressive.

Joanna says that it was this background that led to her bridesmaid ultimatum.  “All the friends that I have in my life are loyal, and I can count on them in any situation.  Why should I choose Lisa as a bridesmaid when I have friends that have been in my life for 17 years that are like my family?” If there were people that were closer to her, she could have just told Lisa that.  Why make it about Adriana? “How can I trust someone that is friends with a person that’s been so vindictive and malicious? It makes me question what kind of friends Lisa has. And it makes me question our friendship if she can be friends with people like that.”  How can she trust Lea when she’s friends with a man that called Joanna a prostitute?  Like Lisa said, double standard.  I think Joanna looks up to Lea’s status & doesn’t want to risk losing her.

“When we all were at Koi having dinner, my mom had no clue that we were speaking about THAT Adriana, so when I came home that evening I had a talk with her and she apologized for butting in.” How many Adriana’s does Joanna have a problem with?  I thought Joanna’s mom was giving good advice, but apparently Joanna didn’t appreciate it. But since my mom is a forgiver, and even though she made a mistake at dinner, it had me thinking about the whole situation…”  Hopefully Joanna will take her mother’s advice & move on!

Alexia Echevarria

“Recovering Frankie and Peter”

This incident at the shoot was the turning point for Peter and for me. For Peter, because he realized he needed to take control of his life and his behavior. In one second because of a bad decision, he could be in jail or even worse dead. For me because I realized that Peter needed help desperately.”  Thank goodness Alexia has realized that Peter needs serious help.  His behavior was completely out of control.

“What you are all seeing is the aftermath of a family that goes through a tragedy as severe as ours. When something like that happens, your whole family falls apart, and that’s what was happening to mine.”  It’s pretty brave of Alexia to show the flaws in her family.  Hopefully she has shown that, no matter how privileged, every family has struggles.  “I admit I was so involved and focused and determined to recover Frankie that I lost Peter. Peter himself was lost in his grief and didn’t know how to cope with his pain. He was angry — angry with the world and with life because it had not turned out like he wanted.”

“He is still a “work in progress” like I’ve said. But the good thing is we are communicating.” It seems like they are in a better place now, and that Peter is moving forward.  “I’ve forced myself to talk to him about things in the past that were so hurtful that I never wanted him to know, but I have realized now they were important to speak about and clarify, like his Dad.”  I understand the need to protect your children, but Alexia seems to have realized that refusing to discuss their father may not have been for the best.  She takes responsibility for her actions & doesn’t try to pass the blame onto anyone else.

“ LeaLisa, and Joanna seemed to enjoy their time while in Los Angeles. I don’t think it’s fair or appropriate for Joanna to have Lisa choose to walk in her wedding or Adriana’s. Why an ultimatum?  She criticized Adriana and Marysol for doing that with me, and now she’s doing the same to Lisa.”  There seems to be one standard for Joanna & another for everyone else.  I’m glad Alexia recognizes that.

________________________________________

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

155 Responses to Real Housewives of Miami Blogs Blogged

1. VV says:

Caught a rerun of RHONJ yesterday and found more EDITING ERRORS AND SCRIPTING. The scene is when Teresa makes the Karma comment to Jac. The next day (according to editing) Jac and Chris are having breakfast and are talking about the Karma comment and then Teresa jumps in and joins them…Guess what? Jac, Teresa, and Chris are all wearing the same clothes they were wearing the day before during Karma comment/burning ceremony. In other words, if Chris and Jac were having breakfast and the burning ceremony/karma happened sometime during the day. Unless this is scripted and pieced together later, the sequence of event, don’t make sense.

2. VV says:

Another thing I noticed that was left out by Producers is that during the burning ceremony Teresa said something like this:
    It is very emotional to hear everybody that have had a problem with me…
    We never heard any of the cast complain directly about Teresa during the burning ceremony.
    Bravo and Siren Productions didn’t want us to hear what was said.

3. VV says:

Hydrangea Hussy, thanks for RHOM Blog. I don’t watch the franchise but catch up via blogs. I still think Adrianna is an opportunist, manipulator, and deceiving person.

• Laineylainey says:

Hi Vv! Just adding my thanks to Hydrangea Hussy. We can all see that Alexia is a super duper enabler, but it is courageous of her to show her family at such a vulnerable time. It’s honest. I wonder how this will play out?

4. VV says:

Question:

Do you think Bethenny will ever have Lisa Vanderpump on her show?

My guess is probably no. Lisa is too smart for Bethenny and Bethenny knows it. That’s why she avoids her.

As long as Lisa and Kyle are on the “outs,” probably not. Bethenny and Kyle are friends from way back. I had heard that Kyle asked Bethenny to have Brandi as a guest on her show (to talk about Lisa) Allegedly – lol. Of course, Kyle says she won’t get “involved” with the Brandi/Lisa hiccup (as Brandi calls it). Methinks Kyle likes to start crap then step back and watch.

• VV says:

I think Kyle is still looking to take Lisa down. You are right why if all the HWs would B invite Brandi if not to trash talk Lisa (chess board move for Kyle). They still don’t get the viewers see through it.

I’m also starting to wonder how Yofo got in the show. Did she contact Bravo or the other way around? I thinks it was Yofo, something tells me Yofo does not like Mohamed’s and Lisa’s friendship. I know it sounds silly but that is the vibe I get.

Me too. I don’t think Lisa and Yolo are or have ever been friends. I got the “icy” vibe when I saw them together. By the way, Yolo is in NY getting some pretty intense treatment for her Lyme disease. Like they are purposely bringing up her temp to 103 to try to sweat the toxins out. I feel sorry for her having to go through that and I hope it helps her. You can have all the money in the world, but if you don’t have your health . . .

If you want to know how Brandi got on Bethennys show-check their twitter TLs-it’s all there. I do not see Bethenny giving 2 sh*ts about what goes on the HWs plots to bring each other down.

• VV says:

Are you out of your mind Jill? Going through Brandi’s tweets? She tweets non stop 24/7. Thanks but no Thanks…

B is only doing her friend Kyle a favor. If she didn’t care, she wouldn’t have any HW on her show.

• melthehound says:

I doubt that. Would anyone be talking about her show otherwise?

VV-we haven’t even seen Kyle on Bethennys show yet-it’s not they are BFFs and hang out every day-how do you know Bethenny is doing this for Kyle? When did Bethenny become the HW master?

• VV says:

They tweet each other and promote each other buss. They are smart enough not to be so obvious…
                  Kyle as a friend can talk to B what a mastermind and evil person Lisa is. Just talk amongs friends.

From one Yo’s early intro episodes, Lisa said something like she’s close to Mohammed(had dinner frequently, I think) and seemed to suggest that she and Yo didn’t really know each other.

There are many reasons she’d have Brandi on..first, because she’s Brandi. A virtual quote machine, fan fav and staple of tabloid headlines(which have nothing to do with Lisa)and posterthing for scorned women and divorce everywhere.

• VV says:

They didn’t talk about Yofo or Kyle or Taylor or Kim or Adrienne or any of the new HWs. They talk about Lisa because Lisa is the breakout star of RHOBH just like Tre is the breakout star of RHONJ. When a particular HW is popular the supporting cast tends to gun for them.
            Where did B learn that Lisa is a mastermind (allegedly)…? Kyle’s paws are all over this. Her good friend Faye Resnik got pillage by viewers last season. Kyle wants a little revenge …

They talked about Yolanda….Brandi and Yolanda talk about “boys” ALL the time. Why would they talk about Taylor? She is not even a HW-they also talked about the new chick that Brandi makes out with…maybe they talked most about Lisa b/c that’s what’s in the gossip rags now. I seriously do not think Bethenny is in on the take down of Lisa with Kyle in the back pulling the strings…Brandi wants to be the STAR-she is doing all the string pulling on her own and when everything comes out she will play the VICTIM and Kyle will take the fall.

• VV says:

Brandi made the comment that Yofo and her talk about boys blah blah blah. B specifically brought up Lisa.
                I always thought B disliked Lisa for some reason. Ever since BH started. B is known to dislike people she feels threatened by socially KKB comes to mind.

Jill interesting theory I don’t think Glanville is that smart.

VV-has Bethenny ever mentioned Lisa besides the interview with Brandi? I don’t recall ever seeing them together.
                  I remember last year Kyle tweeted a pic of her and Bethenny out with their daughters and some people said how fake Kyle was and how phony…but now they are suddenly BFFs? And their first order of business is to bring down Queen VanderPump? It’s too convoluted for me-I think it’s all Brandi being a drunken storyteller and wanting all the attention. It’s usually the simple ones who do the most damage.

• VV says:

B and Kyle go way back. They both had mentioned it and there are pics to prove. I don’t think they are BBF but they have a history so why not.

And FayeK Resnick accused Lisa of being Brandi’s mouthpiece & wryling her up when that’s Kyle. I bet FayeK would say Kyle is doing something totally different.

• VV says:

Well, somebody convinced Brandi that she is Lisa’s mouthpiece. This is funny because Brandi herself denied it all last season. So, what happened? ….

• Amalfi says:

I think Lisa wouldn’t have the patience for Bethenney. Just a guess.

Of course Bethenny would have Lisa on. Why not? Lisa is still a fan favorite and Bethenny wants ratings. And, what makes you think Bethenny avoids Lisa?

5. I bought the book. Less than 7 bucks already for my kindle. I’m past their honeymoon. Stay tuned. Book review tomorrow or later today.

6. plainviewsue says:

Looking forward to your recap of “the book” NMD. Also Jill. I called Book Revue where Meho was at last night to get an idea of how crowded it was. I pretended I was on my way (yeah, yeah, get a life Sue!). Anyway, the guy said it was very crowded and the line was long. She was not reading from the book, just signing it.

Sue-you crack me up…”yeah yeah get a life Sue! “That’s funny!! I wonder if the people who bought the book last night are mad now that it is half priced!!!

I can’t will myself to believe that people actual stood in line for that drivel .

Jill at the bookstores that host authors like the one that had Mel last night (Friday), those stores cannot afford to discount deeply

Like I said to Sam downthread — amazon at least (not sure who everyone is talking about )has not discounted the book any differently than any other new hardcover book. Right NOW I mean

I don’t know electronic because I don’t do electronic

Bethenny’s new book was heavily discounted (just like all the other books there) at BJs one week before her release date. It ALL depends where you are talking about

Now we can talk later if this winds up like Caro’s book or Jill’s sheets at Bed Bath and Beyond discount rack later on.

Lol!

• AZGirl says:

Of course there is a long line. She is like….ummmmm……Mark Twain? Tom Clancy? Truman Capote?….

7. Halfway through and getting inspired.

While you’re in the mood how about reading…
      Tonya Hardings “Rise to the Top” for me. I can mail it to you. lol

• melthehound says:

Tanya at least has a legit career now… Jokester on those shit that they shouldn’t show videos on TruTV, right next to Danny Bonnaduce and Leif Garret.. You know, the worlds dumbest type Videos. When MeWhore is all washed up, what will she have? Poison.

MTH that’s my show. They just crack me up.

She also did cage fighting. What a waste of a lot of talent.

• melthehound says:

I thought it was her ex husband who was the weapons expert or wait, they hired that guy, didn’t they.. The ‘world’s dumbest and craziest’ type shows are where the washups and has beens seem to end up these days so, that speaks a lot for her skating career, doesn’t it?

She didn’t stop skating professionally or otherwise by her own choice… anyone
              caught being in ANY shows with her would be iced out by the USFSA federation
              for LIFE.

• melthehound says:

Obviously you followed this a lot closer than I ever did.. Honestly until she appeared on one of the worlds dumbest tv shows, I had forgotten all about her. She was 20 years ahead of her time though. Nowadays, she’d have her own reality show and everyone else who didn’t like it, be damned.

• Laineylainey says:

Inspired to do what? Submit?

8. lulu says:

Where’s Powell?? Must have had LOTS of fun last night!!! Woot woot!!! 😉

Good afternoon everyone. My goodness. Where has the day gone? I hope you’re enjoying today.

Tonya’s last skate. Can’t say I miss her.

• melthehound says:

Is that the one she fell 3 times after her coach bragged how great she would show the world she was? All I remember is her sliding across the ice on her ass. (no I didn’t watch the video)

I think you are thinking about her short program. The only mistake
        she made in her long was popping her triple axel.

• melthehound says:

Like I said Nancy, all I remember is her falling on her ass after all the fallout over the whack on the knee.. How according to her coach, we would all be so amazed, that we would forget all about Nancy Kerrigan and the whole drama surrounding trying to keep her from skating. I do remember hearing how grand her triple would be though..

11. Done with reading. Might take a nap before blogging- I need to organize my thoughts.

For those of you wondering, she doesn’t mention Teresa’s name once, but does have a photo with T in it, but doesn’t say who is in it in the caption. She also makes a statement that Joe doesn’t have any cousins in the US.

12. lulu says:

OT did your premium go up 70%!?!?!?!??!?!? I know the first stage of obamacare goes into effect Oct 1st. Well now not anymore since the house passed a years delay. But still insurance company’s raised premiums prior to today. Who else is paying $$$????

Our premiums almost doubled but that happened a while ago, I think in the last open enrollment.

• AZGirl says:

We are small business owner and I have been paying Hundreds of Thousand of Dollars in premiums for me, Mr. AZGirl and two son’s for the past 25 years.

Never had a claim and premiums go up every year. First Born was ill for the first time ever and WHAMO they start shutting us down. Not only that, we can’t even move First Born to another carrier. He turns 26 in a few months and we don’t even know if we can get insurance for him! Second Born now has his own insurance through his work and we called to take him off our plan. How much discount? $135.00 per QUARTER! That is 1% of our premium.
      Hate Health Insurance Companies. They rip everyone off.

• lulu says:

Supposedly “Obamacare” according to himself was supposed to bring down our premiums oh yeah NO!!!!!! Instead he f’d ALL of us. Just sucks!!!

• Sam says:

Well, it’s bringing them down in California, at least for everyone in my family. The amount of the premiums depend on where you live.

We are in CA and my husband works for a fortune 500 company (actually it’s probably in the top 50) and Obama care has hurt us.

• AZGirl says:

I can guarantee you I pay double even with your increases and that is with a $2,600.00 deductible PER PERSON. I can’t afford to see a doctor.

It’s time for socialized medicine.

Why?
            Nancy, having lived in Canada for long than you and left more recently, I can assure you that socialize medicine is not all it’s cracked up to be.

Never mind almost a 50% taxation once you add income with GST/PST….never mind SIN tax (hidden taxes in things like gas, tobacco and alcohol..

I would hardly call that ‘free’…..

• Rebecca says:

It’s past time for tort reform.

Whoever recommended Last Tango in Halifax – thank you, thank you, thank you! I cannot remember who mentioned it here this past week, but I just watched the first three episodes and can’t wait until tomorrow night to watch! I have become a fan of British television! I also just watched the first couple of episodes of the first season of Doc Martin. LOVE IT! Thanks, Nancy, for recommending it.

14. chismosa says:

Jill happy birthday to your Annabelle (spelled right ?) 🎂🎂🍧🍰
    Hope she had a great day.
    We have a 17 year old staying with us right now and the way this girl is stuck to her phone/iPod I can’t believe. I think I was the last generation to get out without being like this. I can’t imagine being a parent these days

Louis CK is on to something ….. 📲📲📲📲

15. chismosa says:

VV did you watch Brandi on Beth’s show?
    She said she met Jill ‘on the show’
    Not, they got close on the show. She met her on the show

Um…… Didnt she knew Jill before and Jill referred producers to B to have her on the “manhattan moms” show ?

Knew== know

• cusi77 says:

Hola Chismo! Jill was already chosen to be a Housewife of New York and producers asked her to invite friends to do the show. She invited Ramona (it seems that it was the only close friend she could convince to be in RHONY) and one weekend in the Hamptons, she met Bethenny and she invited her -without being friends- in that same weekend she met Luann and both accepted to be HW’s. Alex McCord was approached first, before Jill Zarin. I could be wrong, but that is what I recall.

Yes I remember it similarly — I think though that it was always made out in interviews that Jill was friends with Beth before ….. Not as close as they became in the show – but actual friends.

I feel like Bethenny was making it out to Brandi that she knew Jill much LESS. Jill did get her on the show to begin with. Not that Bethenny owes her Bryn’s life or anything — lol

It just felt odd the way she described how she knew Jill to Brandi.

I’m so jealous you all have BH to look forward to !

• Laineylainey says:

Well then, join us!

Lainey it’s like I just had the conversation with my mother – she goes “what is this show Breaking Bad ?”

Hahahaha ha!!!
              And I cannot STAND people who join a show LATE so I said to my mother to not get into a show like BB NOW!
              I told her its like joining LOST in season 2 or 3 ?
              You be crazy to start then !

BH has been around so long and has such deep back story I would feel odd coming in now. Id be asking you all like 500 questions a day and you’d be even more annoyed by me than NORMAL 😆😆😆😋😳😳

Maybe when they syndicate to Oxygen or something.

Sadly I saw some news release from the NBC/universal people and unfortunately for us Andy is still at Bravo 😦
              😡😡😡😡

• melthehound says:

So OnTheRaggety Mandy is still employed at Bravo… All the more reason to stop watching these crapfests..

16. Sam says:

Jill, I was just looking over yesterday’s blog comments and saw that you asked there whether I had any more info on Melissa’s book sales. I don’t numbers-wise, but I just got back from a bridal shower that was attended by a couple of women who work in L.A.-area bookstores and both said they hadn’t sold any copies. I suspect this is true in lots of other places too!

• melthehound says:

Hmmmm… And by looking at her twitters and instagrams, people are coming out in droves and lining up for miles to meet those two assholes and get that all important literary masterpiece, ‘how to be a ho’… Something doesn’t wash. Either it’s selling, or it isn’t. I suspect, the latter.

• Sam says:

Well, both might be true. It could be that her most rabid fans are willing to travel near or far and line up to buy the book in person in order to get her to autograph it, whereas the less fanatic ones (those who like her but don’t LOVE her, if you know what I mean) aren’t willing to buy the book under ordinary circumstances. (And then of course there are those who hate her, who certainly aren’t going to be drawn to buy her book under any circumstances — unless they’re reading it in order to review it for a blog.)

• melthehound says:

I am just basically calling bullshit on these pictures she is showing of the long lines of people to ‘buy’ HER book. I think she and Cheetoh-dick are driving around looking for crowds of people. In all the photos she has posted, NOT ONE, with a fan of any sort. In fact, you don’t even see her or the poison one in any of them. No fan pics floating around out there either because you just know that narcissistic bitch, would retweet them. On Display On Display……

• Sam says:

Oh! I didn’t know this. I thought the pictures were the standard author-signing ones, where you see the front part of the fan line and the author sitting at the signing table. The fact that she’s not showing such pictures is highly suspect.

• I’ve seen one fan one – but she didn’t retweet it. The young lady commented in one of the photos of the line.

• melthehound says:

That’s it? One of the photos she put out there was a group of early teen kids standing in line for something. AS.IF. 🙄 My bet is whatever was playing at the local theater or maybe even the iPhone whatever, release.

Hey Sam ….
      At least I saw on amazon the HC of her book is not discounted anymore so than other books.
      I don’t “do” electronic books so I’m not sure if that discount is higher

• Sam says:

Yes, Amazon discounts a lot of books pretty significantly, so I don’t consider the discount as evidence that her book is not doing well. But when I hear booksellers from two different large stores in the L.A. area say it isn’t selling, I take notice.

I’d love to ask my agent if she knows anything about Melissa’s sales, but I don’t dare. The last time I did something like this — when Jill Zarin’s book came out — my agent made fun of me for watching and caring about a RH show, and I’m not going through that kind of ridicule again!

• melthehound says:

How about asking via random email from a burner account? 😆

• Sam says:

You mean ask my agent anonymously? That won’t work because she doesn’t answer emails from anyone she doesn’t know.

But I’ll try asking a friend of mine who writes for TV. Maybe he’s heard something through the entertainment industry grapevine.

• melthehound says:

I figured as much but thought I would suggest it anyway 😉

Actually I don’t care if anyone buys her book or not. I don’t believe anything she says, or shows, anywhere at all. She’s been a liar since day one and I see nothing from her now that could possibly change that view.

I know that soon we will have an official review from our hostess who bought the electronic version in order to do said review. I will trust her word on the subject as I know she couldn’t care less about any of these NJ people so her review won’t be padded by bias for or against a character on a TV show. For me, this will trump any magazine review or any review we might see on the Amazon sites.

• Sam says:

Based on the material provided by the publisher in advance of publication, I already know what I think of the way the book is written: it’s terrible. (And I say this not only as an author but as a former editor.) But I’m looking forward to hearing what our hostess thinks of the book’s content — even as I pity her for having to suffer through all that bad writing!

• melthehound says:

I am no author and don’t know the first thing about publishing but I am guessing from reading the first chapter when it was ‘leaked’ a month or so ago, that any students she might have had as a teacher, should consider themselves lucky, she gave up the idea (or failed out of it) of teaching. She’s a 4 time loser in the ‘entertainment’ business so I don’t expect much from her literary prose.

• I didn’t read it that carefully and noticed 2 typos. And there were tons of inconsistencies. Are they letting books get published without editing nowadays?

• Sam says:

I’ve been writing books since the early 90s, and there’s a big difference now as opposed to way-back-when in regard to how much time an editor or copyeditor can devote to a particular book project. Publishing house staffs are overworked and underpaid, and authors are charged with doing more to make sure their books are in A+ shape prior to publication. Obviously Melissa didn’t do this.

I gotcha Sam!

I don’t know how stand alone bookstores are still alive
          It’s shocking to me ….

But glad to hear some are still around

• Sam says:

Actually, both of the bookstores I mentioned are part of a chain, so when I said “booksellers” I meant “someone who sells the books to customers but doesn’t own the store.”

Nonetheless, California does still have some great independent bookstores. I try to visit them instead of the big chain stores whenever I can.

17. chismosa says:

VV you around now beeyotch?
    I have just been exposed to iOS 7, my mother got the iPhone 4S for .99cents and it came with it on it default….

It’s pretty so I think I may do it!
    Bite the bullet … 💣💣🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🚬