Real Housewives of New Jersey – What Happened to the Big Fight? by NMD
Unfortunately, when MTH’s head exploded and he couldn’t take another second of NJ, so you’re stuck with me as your blogger.
We start the finale evening where we left off, in the Salon. Penny and Teresa are having a little fight. Teresa’s voice is all squeaky. I don’t really know what to believe – is Penny really ratting Teresa out or is it editing? If she is ratting Teresa out – is it because she’s been asked to by Joey and Richie? There are many lies going on and it’s hard to keep them all straight.
They continue to fight. They talk a lot about texteses. Both of them. Hilarious. Best part of the episode.
Oh s$it. In comes Johnny the Greek. It’s his first appearance and he looks a little uncomfortable as he delivers his pre-set lines. He gets about 15 seconds of air time to throw Teresa under the bus. I hope it was worth it. By the looks on everyone’s faces, they know what is supposed to happen – everyone except Teresa – who looks absolutely confused. She hears her name and gets really upset.
Now Caroline is screaming at KimD – “Are you happy what you’ve done to this family.” The rumor is that she’s actually yelling at Penny, because Penny was trying to spread gossip about Al cheating with someone named Jill.
This footage seems to be much later in the evening because you can see Joey and Melissa in the background all calm and normal. Or maybe it took place before the fight. It doesn’t really matter. Johnny and Penny are gone – hopefully we’ll never see or hear from them again. Now that Jan has come out on FB (allegedly) and said that Melissa was behind getting people to bring the “cheating” story to the show, I’m beginning to wonder if the whole thing was just fake fake fake for ratings.
Joe is still there and yelling – now he’s yelling at Teresa asking why her name is always coming up. Let me stop and say to Joe that Teresa’s name is coming up because you and Richie asked Johnny and Penny to throw Teresa under the bus so that your wife would have a good edit. Or Bravo edited it that way. I don’t know – but I doubt it has much to do with Teresa.
Fast forward to the next day. We’re subjected to a whole bunch of scenes with people talking about Teresa and how this whole thing is blowing back on her. Either Teresa is going along with this story line, or Penny really did throw Teresa under the bus. Not that it matters because Penny’s word means nothing.
Melissa and Joe have a conversation in their kitchen. It’s hard to tell what they are really saying, because when Melissa talks, her lip movements don’t match the words that are coming out of her mouth. Most of the time the camera is on the person not talking. That makes it easier to dub in other words I suppose.
Richie and Kathy show up at the Gorgas, which gives Richie a chance to run through his lines. Kathy looks tired of it all. Richie says something about Joe’s trial coming up – I think it’s dubbed in. Richie says they need to be there for Joe. Maybe he’s feeling guilty about his involvement in making sure Penny and Johnny showed up to the salon – since it got his team in trouble. I really don’t care what he thinks and wish he’d go away.
Manzo time. Are they still on this show? Flashbacks of some of the Manzo moments – like the ham game. The kids look so young. Caroline reminisces about the house. This is such a nice goodbye for the family as they spin off into – well spin off land. Caroline voices over that they’re not going to move to the Hoboken apartment – so that’s the end of that storyline. It wasn’t going anywhere anyway.
Let me just take a minute to say that this episode seems like a bunch of short clips thrown together. Now Joe and Tree are at Chris and Jaq’s house. Chris gives Tree some advice – to just admit she was wrong to film with Penny and be done with it. Jaq is surprisingly normal considering she was allegedly in a brawl the night before. Was she? Or was it all exaggerated by Johnny the Greek? Teresa admits that she regrets some of the things she’s done – like being around people that were badmouthing Melissa, and that maybe she should have walked away. She admits that she felt good when she was hearing negative things about Melissa to justify her feelings about being hurt about the things Melissa was saying about her. Chris admits he went through the same thing with Dina, and they both agree that they are human. That they are, and I’m glad they got that off their chests. That doesn’t mean that Teresa was behind the rumors – just that she listened to gossip. More on that later.
Now we have an infomercial for BLK and the various flavors. I sure feel sorry for Al Manzo. When the show started Christopher was the heir apparent to running the Brownstone. Now Al is financing the boys’ various projects and supporting Lauren, with no one trained to take over the Brownstone so that he can retire. The boys have had the taste of the easy life and will never go back.
Teresa has to talk to Joey at the event because we need a happy ending. He seems calm. Teresa admits that she felt good when the girls were trash talking Melissa. She admits that she made a mistake and apologizes. But she swears that she never put them up to doing anything. He accepts her apology. Joey says they have closure and he can move on. I HOPE SO. Teresa breaks down and says she gets it that he’s married, and that she wants him to put his wife and kids before her. Then she breaks down and says she loves him. He breaks down as well. If the show ended right now – I’d be happy. Can we end it right now?
Nope – one more party at the Giudice’s beach house. I suppose since they started with Sandy wrecking the beach house – this is fitting closure as it is almost repaired. It looks like springtime. It’s sunny, but they are wearing pants and long sleeves. Milania steals the scene as Joe zips her up in a lifejacket and calls her fat – she says she likes her muffin top. Cute kid! One by one the whole cast (except Rosie) strolls in. Melissa is carrying a box with a Carvel ice cream cake. Later there is a scene with the kids looking at the food table, and Milania looks at the cake and going ewww – who brought that? Antonia says – my mom in a disappointed voice. Brahahahaha. Home cooking my arse. Read your own book Melissa!
Then they all get their closing remarks. And it is over – except that they immediately went into …
Watch What Happens Live – Andy Cohen interviews Teresa and Joe
Andy states up front that he won’t ask them anything about the case. His questions … and their answers. Not verbatim.
1) Since the charges have been filed – how has life been like for you? Tree – Hard
2) Are you surprised by the charges? Joe – yes
3) You stayed in the public eye – why? Teresa – I’m not crawling under a rock and hiding. Joe – we pleaded not guilty because we’re not guilty. There’s no reason for us to hide.
4) How have your castmates reacted? Tree – They’ve all contacted us. Joe and Melissa have called.
5) How are the kids reacting? Tree – They’re fine. They know the attorneys are handling it. She knows things are exaggerated in the magazine. Joe says he doesn’t even understand the charges. Oh vey.
6) Who will look after your kids if you go away? Teresa – I’m not focusing on that now.
7) What about Mel and Joe? Joe – not Mel and Joe – the kids will go to my sister.
8) Have Mel and Joe been supportive? Joe – NO. Teresa – no one can really do anything.
9) You’re dealing with big stuff – what do you think about what’s going on the show? Joe – that’s BS.
10) Do you think this would be happening if you weren’t on the show? Joe. No. No one would be paying attention to me.
11) These things happened before you got on the show. Would you have done the show …? Teresa – no. Of course not.
12) Are there things you’ve said on the show that you regret now? Joe – you can’t go back – it’s done.
13) How do you feel about continuing with the show? Tree – I want to keep working. I hope the other women have respect. I can’t speak about legal issues. They can’t jump down my throat about that.
14) Your fight with Jacqueline seems prophetic about what is happening now? Tree – I didn’t understand what she was saying at that time. Now I’m devastated. I didn’t get involved with Joe’s business. I never withheld anything. That’s not me. Whatever my attorney said, I did.
15) Who does the finances in your house? Joe – I do. We hire people to do all that stuff. We don’t do it.
16) On the show you shared your fears (to Joe)? Joe – yeah those fears were in the back of my mind but I didn’t let them break me down. Tree – I feel bad for my husband. We’re good people. Why is this happening to us. Now I have anxieties. I can’t sleep.
17) What is your darkest though? Like going to jail? Tree – Andy I’m being positive. I’m the rock. I can’t break down. I’m the mom – moms have to keep it together.
18) Did the driver’s license charge have anything to do with the fed charges? Joe – no they aren’t related. It all stemmed from the DUI. I wasn’t even drunk. The times I was drinking and driving I never got caught. Then I got caught and spent a week in jail and met a lot of interesting people.
19) You’re not a US citizen? Joe –Yes I am. I have a green card. I just never got my citizenship (yes – that’s why you’re not a citizen). I was born in Italy and moved here when I was a year old.
20) Have you lived beyond your means? Joe – no. People say that and they are idiots. I’m allowed to make money. I make other people money. Teresa needs to spend money because she’s on the show.
21) When did you find out about the investigation? Joe – a few years ago. Tree – No – oh well maybe.
22) In hindsight – did you make mistakes? Joe – in what way? Andy – in terms of your finances? Joe – no – no one is perfect. I don’t do my finances. Other people do that for me.
23) Do you take any responsibility? Joe – no.
24) I heard the charges carry a max 50 years? Joe – I heard 100. Tree chimes in – count them together – that’s what they say in magazines.
(I’m taking a moment to bash my head against the wall – how stupid are these two. Checking the clock – 8 more minutes of this?)
25) Do you think you can survive in jail? Tree – I don’t ever think about that. I haven’t done anything. Joe – she hasn’t done anything.
26) Are you in denial? Tree – no. It’s hard for me to get emotional. I didn’t realize I was this strong. Joe – I think you’re much stronger than your brother by the way.
Six minutes left. Please let this commercial break be a long one.
27) Looking back, is there anything you wish you had done differently? Tree – maybe if I hadn’t done the show (what about not falsifying document?????)
28) 39 counts is a really bad thing? Tree – I know that – it’s like a dream to me. I don’t even understand them. Do you know what they are???
29) Andy reads them aloud. Tree – okay. Andy – did you do any of that? Tree – no. Andy – do you understand? Tree – some I do, some I don’t. I’m learning as I go.
Oh my heavens – why in the world did those two agree to go on national TV. That was torture. Mind numbing torture.
Happy Birthday Buttercream