The Giudice WWHL Interview – I’ve Finally Recovered Enough to Blog About It

The Giudice WWHL Interview – I’ve Finally Recovered Enough to Blog About It by NMD

When I saw the previews of Teresa and Joe Giudice being interviewed by Andy Cohen on WWHL, I was astonished.  Facing a federal indictment on 39 counts – and going on a cable late night talk show to talk about them?  Who could possibly think that’s a good thing?  Well – besides Andy Cohen.

watch-what-happens-live-season-10-teresa-joe-giudice-01

First of all let’s take a little sidetrack on Mr. Andy Cohen.  I think Andy’s glory days at Bravo are over.  The move to run WWHL five days a week has been a failure.  Some nights he’s pulling in less than 500,000 viewers.  Much less.  Especially evenings when he doesn’t have an original program as a lead in.  Does that even pay the lights for his studio?  He should go back to having the show on housewives nights.  And housewives nights should be Sunday and Thursday.  Housewives on back to back has also been a dismal failure – Monday’s just don’t pull in the same ratings.  We need a little space between the franchises.

Given that, he must have been licking his chops to pull in the Giudices.  But Bravo segue’d from the finale into WWHL – so there is no way to tell how many people stayed tuned in to watch the Giudices that night.  Around 900,000 people watched the second airing after the finale repeated. That’s no small potatoes for his show.  And thankfully he didn’t make the Giudices play any juvenile games.  Instead, he drilled them on a series of what appeared to be pre-approved questions.  I can only hope their lawyers pre-approved the questions.  In the end it was a rapid-fire of Q & A with very little information revealed.

Like Gregg Leakes – I needed some time for the interview to percolate before I could blog about it.  Are the Giudice’s really that stupid?  Or was the whole thing a crafty setup to establish their innocence (by stupidity?).  Only they (and perhaps their lawyers) know.

Joe Giudice’s Immigration Status.

When Andy asked – you’re not a US Citizen, Joe replied “Yes I Am.”  He then went on to explain that he was in the country legally – that he had a Green Card.

I had a Green Card for 20 years after moving to the US.  Even if Joe got the Green Card as a child, he needs to renew it every 10 years – which means he’s done that since he became an adult and knows full well that he’s not a citizen.  We’ve also seen him travel outside of the United States.  That means that Joe is traveling on a passport – and that passport does not have the United States of America stamped on the front.  In fact – the Italian passport is smaller and red.  italian passportAnd for several years now, Italian Citizens travel on an EEC passport.  Getting an Italian or EEC passport is a lot more work than getting a US passport if you reside in the US – AND – as he re-enters the country, he’d need to line up in a separate immigration/customs line than his family.  So unless he was color blind, can’t read, had a personal assistant who applied for his passport, AND was as dumb as nails – the answer to Andy’s question should have been No.  I’m not a US citizen, but I do have a Green Card.

Why was his first response a lie?  I don’t really care, but it does tell me that he can lie with a straight face even on something that is seemingly meaningless.  And once I’ve established someone as a liar – I tend not to believe ANYTHING that comes out of their mouth.

They Don’t Understand the Charges.

This one is just flabbergasting.  These people are not as stupid as they want us to believe they are.  I read the indictment paperwork.  I’m not a lawyer.  I understood it.  It was an easy read.  Dozens of blogs and magazines summarized the charges as well.  They were an even easier read.  I’m wondering what part Teresa and Joe don’t understand.  Don’t they know that you are required to file taxes every year?  Don’t they know that when you apply for mortgages and write down your income, you shouldn’t just make it up?

Let’s step back a little.  Andy’s question was – 39 counts is a really bad thing …..  He didn’t ask Teresa and Joe if they understood the charges – he was following up on how they were feeling about what they were facing – the severity of the charges.  It was Teresa who concluded her answer with saying she didn’t even UNDERSTAND the charges.

Why?  No one would expect either Teresa or Joe to eggmit that they did anything wrong at this point.  They are going to fight the charges and plead innocent.  But not understanding the charges is a different thing altogether.  Are we supposed to believe that they haven’t taken the time to have the charges explained to them?  How can they plead innocent to charges if they don’t understand what they’ve been charged with?  It’s nonsense, so I’m left with thinking it’s either a strategy to look STUPID (and therefore innocent by stupidity) or they are just lying.  Since there is no reason to lie about this, I’m going with the STUPID strategy.  That might work for Teresa.  Even I can believe that she signed paperwork that her husband asked her to sign when it came to the mortgages or other finances.  I would.  I’d trust my husband and not read the fine print.  I don’t think it’ll work for Joe.  Someone will have to take responsibility.

When did they find out about the investigation.

Joe eggmited that they learned about the investigation a few years ago.  Teresa denied that at first, then also eggmited it.  There are so many charges against these two, it gets confusing.  I’m going to give Teresa a pass on this one.  I can’t keep it all straight.

They take no responsibility for the charges.

Andy’s question – Do you take any responsibility?  was answered by Joe with a flat out No.  Perhaps that’s Joe’s way of pleading innocence.  After all, he can’t take responsibility without eggmitting he did anything, can he?  So maybe that was really Andy’s fault for asking an unanswerable question.

But it did sit wrong with me when they blamed the show for causing their troubles.  Many of the charges stemmed from actions that occurred before the show.  My guess is, what they are probably thinking is everyone lies on their mortgages and taxes, but they went after us because we did the show.  From an observer watching from across the country, I must confess that all of the people on or associated with the Real Housewives of New Jersey are in an alternate universe than mine.  A colleague of mine was a city planner for 30 years out here in Washington State.   Only once in her career was she offered money to “grease” a project through the system – and the offer came from an east coast developer.  Business is conducted differently in different parts of the country, and corruption does exist.

They Wouldn’t do anything Differently.

If I were facing a 39-count indictment, you can bet I’d be wondering what I could have done differently.  Teresa did say that maybe she shouldn’t have done the show – in hindsight.  I have to scratch me head over this one.  Again – it might be that they know many people that were pulling the same stunts and didn’t end up facing federal charges.  Was it the show that got the feds attention, or was it the people they pissed off along the way, such as Joe’s business partner.  I don’t know.  I do know that when I started reading Lynn’s blog around the time the news of their bankruptcy charges broke, one of Lynn’s regulars was pushing for people to “write the trustee” to tell them not to discharge the bankruptcy. I don’t remember all the details (and am too lazy to go look it up on the old blog), but I think I remember phone calls to the trustee, and a real push to hold the Giudice’s accountable.  My point is, the show brought national exposure to this couple, and things that might have been resolved quickly and without much thought, gained a much higher profile.  So perhaps Teresa is correct.

Another part in this is the recession.  No one could have predicted that the housing industry would burst so quickly.  Many, many people across the nation were severely impacted by this.  It appeared that Joe was so far extended that he got caught when the recession hit, and he couldn’t pay back the mortgages.  If he had been able to pay them back, I doubt any charges would have been filed.  When the recession hit, they were holding a mortgage that was far higher than the value of their brand new house – which led to the bankruptcy to discharge their debt.  In normal circumstances that would have gone fine, but with all the allegedly falsified information etc., that set them on the road that led to the federal charges.

My Conclusions.

My main conclusion is that the Giudice’s should have said “no thank you” to Andy Cohen’s offer to appear on WWHL.  They are facing serious charges, and should not mix that up with the reality show.  This isn’t a game of public opinion.  It’s moved well beyond that.  All that matters now is whether or not their is proof that they are responsible for the things they are charged with – beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think back to Lynn’s blog all of those years ago, and wonder if those letters and phone calls to the trustee had anything to do with the charges the Giudice’s are facing now.  Perhaps someone will tell us at some point.  That was about the time Season Two had just finished airing – it seems like such a long, long, long time ago.

_______________________________________

This entry was posted in Watch What Happens Live and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

177 Responses to The Giudice WWHL Interview – I’ve Finally Recovered Enough to Blog About It

Goog afternoon everyone. NMD you just made me laugh. “I’ve finally recovered enough to blog about it.” Too funny. 🙂
    I hope everyone is having a great day.

• Laineylainey says:

Hi Powellypooh…I think I’m stalking you. I always feel like something’s wrong unless I read your morning greeting and reply to it. Good afternoon everyone else! Whatchu doing today, Me? I have a wedding. Should be fun.

Hey Laineyx2 – I’m watching my Huskers beat the &^%$ out of Illinois. My husband and son are at the game so they will come home happy which makes for a much more pleasurable evening.

More tornadoes in Huskerland last night. This time about 2 hours north of me. So I was right in between Thursday and Fridays storms. A lot of damage and a few minor injuries, but there shouldn’t be tornadoes this time of year. It’s quite chilly today and I’m wearing my flannel Husker jammies.

Have fun at your wedding and have a piece of cake for me Lainey girl! And everyone else enjoy this wonderful weekend.

P.S. I read in one sitting last night Happy, Happy, Happy by Phil Robertson last night. An amazing story and I felt so good after reading it.

• Laineylainey says:

That’s cool that your hubby aNd son are at the game! My son goes to the longhorn games and most of this season has not been fun. I am not a longhorn fan, but if my son is at the games, I always hope they win (for him)!!!!
          Wow! That’s a lot of tornadoes, HH. They are too close for comfort.
          “Happy happy happy”..that sounds good to me, I could use summa that.

Hi Lainey, can not wait for our tropical weather to get blown south! Did Laineyboy get moved back to home base?

• Laineylainey says:

He is back in Austin. He got a studio apt. Downtown, he can walk to work. He is supposed to be going back to NYC soon to box up the stuff in the room he was renting. Thanks for asking. I wish I could see him more often…yes, even though he’s here…I don’t get to spend much time with him. He works a lot.

Good deal 🙂 In time, hopefully you will more of him and if not, even us workaholics have to eat, so make it that you and the Mr. are coming downtown to eat..wanna join us? 😉 So happy for you to at least have one of the kiddos in reasonable driving distance. Hope they have good food at the wedding! Have fun. 🙂

• AZGirl says:

I can guarantee I do not have any items of clothing that are flannel. In some ways I am very jealous of you.

Me? I’m lazily doing some cleaning. Have fun at the wedding.

• AZGirl says:

Wedding??? Who schedules a wedding on the day of the Notre Dame v. ASU game????? I bet every guy (including the groom) are at the bar watching. HA!

• Laineylainey says:

Funnily enough, my hubby and I aNd another couple were watching the 4th quarter. We didn’t get to see the very end. But it was a good game!

2. designernailsdiana says:

NMD Thank you for blogging that weird WWHL. Andy sure is a manipulator. He got them on to get US to watch. So silly to do a sit down interview with him as the questioner and them answering inn their “I’m too stupid to know the answer …har dee har har”

3. Stars99 says:

NMD – Thanks so much for blogging about this… The whole situation still just flabbergasts me… And there’s 2 lawyers involved… Tre ‘s and Joe’s… and BOTH sets of lawyers agreed to this interview? I just can’t even believe it. Wasn’t there a reunion show wherein someone had their attorney onsite to make sure things were being handled okay? (Perhaps I’m hallucinating) I dunno about pleading stupidity… Ignorance was never an excuse… but is stupidity? They have paid lawyers whose job is to explain the indictments to them so they can enter an informed plea… I can perhaps believe one attorney isn’t doing their job – but both lawyers,simultaneously? Nope… I don’t believe it… Which makes me conclude this was a big ol’ tactic of some sort… no?

4. Birdwoman says:

I caught the last 12 minutes of the interview. Enough to hear most of what you blogged about. First of all, I like Teresa the best out of all the New Jersey Housewives but that doesn’t mean I just give her a pass on anything. When I was watching them state they live within their means I just laughed. Yes, Joe I don’t hold it against you that you make money. My issue and the Governments issue is that you didn’t pay taxes. You grew up in this country and you know damn well you have to pay taxes. Oh, and in your bankruptcy filing you lied so now you have to pay for that.

NMD, thank you for the interesting commentary on the WWHL with the Giudices. Glad you recovered 😉 I was still forming an opinion and interestingly what I wasn’t sure of were the same things you debated! So were they stupid or it’s an act to be innocent via stupidity? A strategy to look stupid or are they lying? I’ve decided they were lying. I am not buying incomprehesion of charges. Some of them basically boil down to forgery and failure to report income, etc. Like NMD said, this stuff is easy to understand and if you are paying attorneys, they are working for you and need to explain things to you so you can know whether to claim guilt or innocence. This is so ridiculous.

There is another slant I could see them trying; to act like they don’t want to know every detail, because they are not concerned. A way to look confident by not caring, if you will. That was another twist I thought their behavior leaned a bit less towards stupid than it did over-confidence.

All said and done, I think the interview was an unbelievably stupid move by the Giudices. I think all said and done, it was a lose for Cohen and lose, lose for Giudice – regardless of ratings. And yeah, what was that BS about putting it on TV schedule to be a 90 minute episode of RHONJ (at least it was on my TV) and the last 30 was the WWHL interview. I assumed to give RHONJ better ratings? Very strange.

Also meant to say that I gave benefit of doubt to Teresa when I read about the charges. Not Joe. Now that I have refereshed memory on the original bankrupcy filing that was denied + this WWHL interview, the doubt is disappearing. I’ll say that interview was the hardest to watch of any Bravo program. Really turned me hard against Cohen, Bravo and hurt the Giudices most of all, IMO. Though nothing that we think matters, all that really matters is what a court determines in February. (I have a sneaking suspicion they’ll get this thing delayed further, up to a year….you heard it here first!)

Hi TT…how are your dogs doing? Speaking of dogs I wonder what will happen
        to Joe and Teresa’s if they are going to prison?

I would hope that Joe’s siblings that might get the girls are also dog people. My Amer. Bulldog scratched her cornea and the followup showed it’s healing and no need for surgery (thank goodness!). My Amer. Staffordshire Terrier was peeing blood (yikes) but was likely a stone passed and infection, is being treated with anti-biotics. Should be just fine but they think his limp is a torn cruciate in the knee – which will require surgery. 🙂 nothing life or death..but they are my babies and that is a lot of problems for one week!!!. Thanks for asking. 🙂

*”will require surgery” was to be followed by a sad face.

Did you know that the cornea is the fastest “organ” in the body? It was a state board
            question. lol Sorry to hear about your Terriers torn cruciate though. They are so
            hard to keep down when they get injured. Keep us up to date please. 🙂

• melthehound says:

SOMEONE, knew damn well what they were doing and I also believe someone told him how to do it (Lurkita?). There is no doubt in my mind about that but it’s akin to saying ‘the devil made me do it’ as my t-shirt said when I was a kid.

Yes, someone did. It could have been one charged, or a friend helped, or heck you could hire someone to help.

6. melthehound says:

I don’t believe they are as stupid as they put on about these charges. I know some here disagree with that but I’m not stupid enough to believe it. I Can believe that Teresa signed documents without knowing what she signed and have said that since the bankruptcy mess started. In my business I have run into that all the time. Women who signed whatever was put in front of them based on trust. Husband dies or leaves and they are left with a mountain of debt incurred in their names just because they signed their lives away without knowing it. I mean things like having to pay again for a paid off house- remortgaged. I can also believe that Teresa didn’t know they hadn’t filed.. That doesn’t excuse it, I am just saying I can believe she didn’t know it. As for Joe not knowing he isn’t a US citizen, I don’t buy it either.

ITA. These are the exact things I belived T could have signed and not known, etc. all good examples and I never bought he didn’t know he was not a US citizen.

People in marriages and even in business partnerships, will sign off on things and not know what or read everything. I do all the financial personal and business (partnership with my husband) and he signs. I will say, don’t you want to look it over? No, I trust you – or – glad you take care of all this red tape, he will say.

Let me add that numerous people posted in these comments over time about this falsified W-2 for Teresa. And I didn’t speak up at the time, but many thoughts to that effect were misguided thinking that she would have done this herself and some of you are misguided to think she had to sign it. She could have done it herself, but Joe could have and she would never know. You do NOT sign a W-2. You can buy W-2 forms through office supply and type whatever the hell you want to type on one and copy it and supply it to a financial institution, you can do that with tax forms of any type. Even though it is illegal to do this, it’s up to the financial institutions to verify a person’s financial data before they are approved. There were lenders doing wrong all the time along with the borrower…..just saying these charges occurred in the years before the clamp down on loans and A LOT of people in the country were doing this sort of thing! I’m not as much referencing not paying taxes, as the falsified docs, but you get my drift, they are probably blaming the show for getting into trouble…but I think most will agree here, the lies that existed in the bankrupcy docs, were enough to put a spotlight on them. Albeit I’m sure they are small apples and perhaps being made example of because they are on TV. IDK. Just some thoughts.

Last thought (maybe) I never ever understood how they thought (or an attorney who helped them) filing bankrupcy with the US Government wouldn’t automatically highlight the fact they were tax evaders?

• Vegas Chick says:

Honestly, I think that you want to believe in her so badly that you can’t see the forest through the trees. Irregardless, the jury is going to judge, and the judge is going to sentence. Being stupid or trusting or oblvious or just cunning, they did what the did and both will suffer the consequences of their actions. I remember a Federal Judge from Las Vegas who was tried on tax evasion. He tried to blame it on his accountant who he said that he trusted. He was not only removed from office, he served time. Feds don’t mess around. The Guidices might have skirted around the edges of their local jurisdiction, pulled some strings and favors with whomever, but this is serious stuff. I think Joe gets that he is done, and Teresa isn’t losing sleep over him… she’s worried that she’s going to serve time. The Bravo tapes that we have seen contain enough evidence for a 1st year law student to gain a conviction. Imagine the stuff that’s in the hands of the Feds that we haven’t seen. Peeling of one hundred dollar bills from her ‘money tree.’ Explain that one, Lucy. #Yikes..

Oh for crying out loud. What I said was:

I Can believe that Teresa signed documents without knowing what she signed

and

I can also believe that Teresa didn’t know they hadn’t filed..

Because, I have seen it happen with others. You are stuck so far in your hate for this woman it seems, that it is you who cannot see the forest for the trees, when it comes to what others say about her, particularly, me. I could have said something as simple as Teresa has nice hair and I believe you would have a problem with it or rather, me saying it.

There is NOTHING, in anything I have ever said, anywhere, about this that would imply I think she or they are innocent and wouldn’t serve time.

• Vegas Chick says:

I do not hate Teresa and really do not appreciate your attempt at pinning me with the label. Have a nice day!

• melthehound says:

Well then it must be that you don’t, won’t, or can’t read.

• Vegas Chick says:

Better than being a pompous ass!

• melthehound says:

Vegas Chick, of all the people saying things on this blog about who knew what and when, you chose to come after me about what I said. You said months ago you weren’t going to talk to me anymore. If my responding to you makes me a pompus ass then all I can say is it takes a pompus bitch to know a pompus ass. How about if we go back to ignoring each other…

Really guys???

• Vegas Chick says:

I apologize to you, Lainey and everyone else on this blog. This isn’t my first encounter with Mel, but it will be my last. I find it really odd and disturbing that a man is on a site that is frequented primarily by women and slings nasty (sometimes disgusting) barbs at his will. Who does that? A misogynist perhaps? I think so. With that, I will take my exit. Love you ladies… xoxo VC

Nooooo….don’t go!! I think the solution is for us to not call each other names. The hw’s are fair game (though admittedly, it’s not nice and we should try to be nice whenever possible) but let’s at least be nice to each other even when we piss each other off? Two people voted me president yesterday; it has been written, so let it be done (frm the Ten Commandments)…don’t go VC. Presidential order. Today is a new day, let’s just start fresh!!!

I think Joe and Tre should just throw themselves on the mercy of the court, take it like men and hope for the best. And stay off TV and out of the press. It’s not helping their cause at all.

Great job NMD. I don’t blame Andy for them going on the show, and I think he asked the questions he was permitted, and still tried to get answers to questions viewers wanted answered.

It sure looked like the “aw shucks we are good people” defense. I wish them lick with that.

9. In case anyone is interested – here’s a link to one of Lynn’s old blogs where she shares an email from the husband of a poster, who explained the original bankruptcy.

“Don’t they have a lawyer to represent them? I can’t believe they made all these “mistakes” under the guidance of a lawyer. If they don’t have a lawyer they probably did it on purpose to appeal to the judge that they were confused as to secured debtors versus unsecured debtors (which is what chapter 7 is all about).

Regardless, a good judge will see through all this. $7mm in UNSECURED debt is outrageous. Usually it’s credit cards and medical bills in the unsecured bucket. If Joe owes contractors, those contractors can put a lien on the properties but in most cases will have to wait until the property is sold to “cure” (pay off) the lien AFTER the bank mortgage is covered. In special cases the creditors committee can appeal to the judge, if their businesses are in jeopardy of bankruptcy, to put the property into foreclosure and treat the “combined contractor liens” like a second mortgage which is in default. Provided the sale of such property generates enough income to pay secured creditors (mortgage) first then contractors (unsecured). Rare but can happen if it’s in the best interest of everyone AND the debtor has perjured themself.

Chapter 7 was designed for people “who cannot make payments due to uncontrollable events” like job loss, illness NOT because they want to live above their means. So a good judge should “throw the book” at them. What I’m reading in the petition is horrendous. So far I see perjury and contempt of bankruptcy court. To prove fraud you must prove INTENT. Overspending is not fraud, it’s stupid, selfish, etc. However, if someone can come forward and present evidence of “premeditation” then you have fraud. You can also have fraud on a “cover up”. There seems to be many items that go beyond “I forgot that one”. Clearly these items fall into perjury and a judge can throw in “contempt” if he feels Joe and meatball were “malicious” and deliberately tried to obstruct justice in their dealing with the trustee. Something that is VERY plausible.

They have other problems also. Fraud in that mortgage application(item 59…). If he didn’t lie on the application he may have lied on his income taxes. Either way it’s a federal offense. Item 60 is a humdinger for the IRS to play with. Item 68 is interesting….co-mingling personal and business money. The IRS loves to audit those kinds of accounts. Mrs. Helmsley did time for that. Email the congressmen, governor and senators of New Jersey. That usually raises eyebrows.”

• VV says:

What did Joe and Teresa ever do to WSL and her husband to be is invested in the Giudices affairs?

I’ve wondered about that too VV.

Lynn and WSL were very close; and Lynn knew that had WSL and her DH very good understanding/back ground in fiances and would be able to explain it to readers in layman’s terms.

I know some people disagreed with WSL contacting the trustee, but personally that never bothered me. In the same fashion, Amber Portwood’s assault on Gary Shirley (Teen Mom) came to the attention of the authorities when viewers of show called to report the assault that was captured on film.

• melthehound says:

Apples and oranges, RR. Everything the Guidice’s are accused of happened before frame one of RHONJ was ever filmed. The teen mom situation happened, On Film (or rather video tape).

10. VV says:

I think it was WSL. The one asking people from the blog to sign a petition. She hated the Giudices so much and oddly enough she had a friendship with Jac that she claimed was spiritual as well ( her words not mine).
    It always rubbed me the wrong way her hatred for the Giudices not sure why she dislike them do much. 36 still does hate them.

• melthehound says:

It is a little before my time at Lynn’s but I have heard that too.

• Bringing this over from the last blog. This blog details the relationship between Victoria Wakile and Johnny the Greek’s niece and nephew.

The more I lean about the Wakiles, the more I dislike them. I’m beginning to wonder if they set the whole cheating thing up for Melissa so that she’d have a storyline. I think Bryan is real enough though – but did he ever come out and say she cheated with him, or did he just say she was fake. Who was really behind the CHEATING rumor.

• VV says:

Look no further as to the way the Wakiles came on the show, behind Teresa’s back. If that wasn’t a RED FLAG as to the type of people they are, I don’t know what else is.

My recollection of Bulldog is that he was riled up by the Marco sisters. They started to mean tweet him and that’s when he started to spill the beans. Not sure about the parking lot comment. We heard either Jen or Penny say it on the screen.

• VV says:

I think Fame has a blog about Bulldog and how he was found and how all this unfolded ( an old blog ).

• melthehound says:

I still say that the Gorgas are behind the cheating rumors. Paid for with promises of screen time for the side players. Do I doubt the Whakeelies were part of it? Absolutely not.

• JustDee says:

WSL also had a “spiritual connection” with MM so I don’t trust her judgement.

https://twitter.com/Teresa_Giudice/status/386502124840165377Who really suffers in the end is the kids and at least IMO they appear to be well and happy for the time being. Teresa is a really good mom and with any luck will be able to continue to raise them.

12. A friend reminded me that Jacqueline also tweeted about Teresa’s bankruptcy

Jacqueline claimed that Teresa was planning on filing for bankruptcy again after clearing up the first mess – to discharge her debt instead of paying it off.

Jaq’s tweet:
    “Another disgusting display of Teresas lies. Keep hanging yourself!Tell every1 the plan2file4bankruptcy#2@how u laugh At beating the system!”

and

“Teresa,keep spending all the money u do &making profit from people/ fake stories u sell.It will catch up to u.U never stopped spending”

Oh – good times, good times. That was before Chris’s bankruptcy hit the news.

13. T-Rex says:

First thing about this whole Citizenship issue. My mother is from another country, my mother always knew she wasn’t a citizen, she had re-up her green card on occasion and reapplying for her passport was quite an ordeal. You have to apply through the government of the country where you are a citizen. I remember all the paperwork and documents that were required. Most of all you CAN’T vote, you can’t apply to vote! Grrrr again, like NMD said it’s the ease of which that LyingCriminalOaf(allegedly) just throws out these , and he lies all the time. If I were the Feds, I would be bringing that part of the interview into court, as well as other portions to show the blatant lies these folks tell, even when they don’t need to, goes to the “character” portion of the case. I also think Teresa had NO clue as to what she was signing, HOWEVER, I think she DID know her LyingCriminalOaf(allegedly) was probably not playing by the rules, but chose to overlook this. She is definitely under her husband’s thumb, you can clearly see that, and I would not put it past LyingCriminalOaf(allegedly) to have at some time in their relationship laid hands on her, my opinion. I have seen his type before, it’s not a far stretch from calling your wife, the mother of your children, some hideous, unspeakable names to transition into a slap or random shove to keep her “in line”. I have heard from some folks is that Teresa’s attorney has offered a plea deal to the Feds, and they declined the offer due to the fact they want some sort of jail time for her. One of the reasons that Federal Court requires each defendant to have their own attorney is so that IF they wish to testify against each other, they can, not that Teresa would do that though, IMO. The only reason the Federal Judge moved the case, was because it conflicted with LyingCriminalOaf’s(allegedly), Criminal Trial. Yep LyingCriminalOaf’s(allegedly) criminal attorneys have run out of “continuances” and this case will go to trial, unless they arrange a Plea deal at the last minute, which happens in about 90 percent of these types of cases.(I have mentioned before my lawyer-Cousin confirmed this number)

Right, they moved the case because of conflict with Joe’s case…but I thought they could still be eligible for continuance. Interesting about the plea…they should do that for whatever relevant charges…I just do not imagine Feds file charges without hard core proof.

….which is why 90% fold, right?!

Oh no the 90 percent is on LyingCriminalOaf(allegedly) CRIMINAL trial. The Fed case is almost certainly going to court, unless LyingCriminalOaf(allegedly) cops to a multi year jail sentence for double digits, at least 10 years, and at least 2 for Teresa, from what I have read. No the Criminal Case has run out of continuances, and the judge has set the Jury Trial in the Criminal Court, the only way to Stop that is to plea deal

…which is how you get that 90%, right?!

14. lulu says:

I’m not a lawyer nor am I a legal advisor but 39 counts is a pretty high number. If the prosecutor had an ironclade case wouldn’t they be in prison? Also wouldn’t they not be allowed to leave the state?

Its pretty clear the guidices will plead the fifth to everything. Where’s the proof of intent?

I’m in the minority but from what I’ve seen I believe they won’t see a jail cell. They will walk away from this. I think they were targeted by an overzealous want to make a name for himself prosecutor. Innocent till proven guilty.

• melthehound says:

Innocent till proven guilty.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      THIS!!! and NO ONE can argue with it.

• Ladebra says:

While obvious that if these indictments get to trial, that will be the last word ….. It was a federal grand jury that issued the indictments. Joe said on WWHL that the investigation has gone for years – the Feds have taken depositions, they have called people to testify before the grand jury, they have amassed enough reasonable cause to get a 39 count indictment. It’s a big deal. Grand Juries don’t hand down federal indictments because you are fighting with your brother and sister-in-law. Just saying, the time for lawyers to work out a deal for penalties and probation has passed. Once the indictment comes down, that ship sailed. Allegedly. I’m not a lawyer, but I’ve been deposed by the Feds and it is a big deal.

LuLu unfortunately, staying silent in a Federal Court plays to the FEDS case. Federal Courts don’t charge unless they have ROCK SOLID evidence, period. They have the documents, they have the bankruptcy paperwork, they have the fraudulent testimony in the bankruptcy court. Not to get too technical when you file bankruptcy you get a TRUSTEE, he is your ally in getting through the courts. TheTRUSTEE informed the courts of the issues, they are unbiased, Just as an aside, in Federal charges you are “on paper” guilty, you just mitigate your charges. Folks don’t really understand Federal and Civil Courts. Federal spends years accumulating evidence, their conviction rate is over 98%

I wonder if they already offered them a “deal” and what is was.
        It looks like they want both of them to do time. I was afraid of that.

From what I have heard, the Juicy’s offered a Deal, and the FEDS said SEE YOU IN COURT, they want double digit years on LyingCriminalOaf(allegedly). They are going after LyingCriminalOaf(allegedly), just as an aside, Martha Stewart went to Federal Prison due to an email and that was AFTER she fought the charges.

lulu, they aren’t in prison because neither of then have been found guilty after being tried. After they’ve been tried and if they’re found guilty, then they’ll be sentenced. And I suspect even if Joe doesn’t end up sentenced to any time in the Hotel Greybar, he could very well end up deported. I don’t believe Immigration and Naturalization need a criminal conviction for that.

15. Nancy -do you know of any ukrainian cello players – living in the southern US now? Natalia something?

16. Love this girl – Congrats Kyla – 2nd AA and 2nd on Bars at Worlds

Natalia Khoma

18. And this young lady – Simone Biles – World Champion in the All Around

19. chismosa says:

NMD thanks for the analysis – very well done.
    I completely completely agree about the HWs please going back to Sundays and Thursdays. Also Thursdays are the top day for advertisers so I would assume Bravo would want that night to be big in order to sell air time. I don’t GET IT. instead they play reruns of Fast and the Furious or some other crap 🐒

I’m so happy to hear WWH ##s are down. But alas Bravo’s ####s are good so I guess there’s no getting rid of Andy. 😭😭😭

Thanks for the analysis again.
    Have a good weekend everyone I’m off to see Gravity god almighty in 3D which I do NOT want to do but it’s what everyone wanted …… I hope I don’t get the spins again 💃💃💃💃

Let me know how you liked it. Be sure to listen to the music.

Sure thing Nancy. I did NOT want to go 3D as I don’t trust it health- wise, I’m a bit scared!

I love this director – I’ll let you know about the music

• LavaLady says:

I saw it last night in 3D. Did you like it? A friend who was with me was also concerned about getting motion sickness, but she was fine. Interesting movie. Very different.

20. I guess Johnny doesn’t want anyone to think he’s friends with the Wakiles. Or he’s covering for them.

John Karagiorgis ‏@JohnnyTheGrk 4h
    Just because family members are friends with others, it doesn’t mean you’re friends with them.
    To know of someone doesn’t mean you know them

• melthehound says:

I wonder what Richie did to piss him off?

• Well according to his story – Richie and Kathy convinced them to come to the hair salon saying everyone would kiss and make up on screen. And then he got attacked (allegedly). So my guess is he really doesn’t like Richie any more.

Is this when production held him back to conveniently wait until they got the Ok from producers inside to send him in?

• melthehound says:

I have no doubt he has seen the show that his wife and I suspect, he, so badly wants to be a part of.. If that dumbass believed those two, then he deserves whatever backlash comes as a result of agreeing to go to that salon thing.

22. lulu says:

Anyone watching the Anna nicole movie?? I’m only catching the last ten minutes of it. Too sad.

23. lulu says:

Who’s watching house of Versace?? Gina Gershon is brilliant as Donnatella. Sad what happened to Gianni.

On DVR, going to start it at 9. Is it good? I expect Gina will knock it out of the park…hope it’s not too sad though…

• lulu says:

Really good from the storyline to the clothing. It is sad though. I always admired Donnatella she’s a very strong businesswoman who was the driving force at launching Versace. They did a good job at telling her story.

Music in Gravity.

25. Cartwheels says:

NMD, thanks for the blog, it gives me hope that not everybody is blind to the Guidice’s antics.
    Of course Joe knows he is not a citizen, lies just roll out of his mouth like nobody business. Teresa blindly signed the papers? uhmmm I am not sure, we are not talking about an uneducated high school drop out here, we are talking about a college graduate who knows that if she didn’t work during the year then there is no way that she can sign a W-2 form and for it to be legal. Furthermore, Teresa has been the only RHNJ who has been able to profit from this show, she has signed multiple contracts over the last few years and not one, not even one of those partners have taken advantage of her with a shady contract. So Teresa is stupid only when it comes to her husband’s deals but s shrew business woman with everybody else? It doesn’t make sense.

Teresa will lie and even believe her own lies to protect her husband and her freedom. You have either filed taxes or you haven’t, there is not confusion about it, you either work or you didn’t. whenever you apply for a loan, mortgage, etc, you sign in front of a notary who explicitly asks you several times if you understand what you are signing and you are responsible for your signature. I am convinced that these two are going for the “too stupid to know any better defense”.

A lot of people suffered when the house bubble burst, but unlike the Guidices, they had to sell their properties, start from zero again , the Guidices are the epitome of greed and decided that they could just stiff the others with their debt and keep all their properties without ever downsizing.

I particularly do not care if WSL, Jackeline, Melissa, Kathy or the Gorgas are the ones who blow the whistle on this case (unlikely if they have been investigated since 2001) , the bottom line if that if the Guidices wouldn’t had broken the law, none of this would be happening to them, at some point hopefully, they will realize that they are the only ones to blame for their predicament.

Hi cartwheels, just a couple technical things, like I stated upthread…. W-2 forms are not signed and anyone can forge those easily. Regardless of education, some people will sign documents put in front of them by a spouse. Not all loans require a notary. Not all loans require the person signing to do so in the presense of a financial office or other authority. I know because I have done it several times.

I don’t doubt some of what you said but I just want to point out there are situations and I’ve been in them where trust is involved and there are situations where banks used to vive money to anyone and unsecured loans too.

You make a good point a out Teresa is likely signing many business agreements these days. Most of what hapened was before her business days…except the bankrupcy..but anyway I do not see a plea of ignorance or stupidity working to get out off all counts.

• Cartwheels says:

When you request a bank loan, you are required to sign in front of a notary. I know I have to do it, matter of fact I filled out all the papers, got the checked by my accountant, doubled check by the loan officer and then the day of the signature, we had to go to the bank (husband and I) to sign the papers in front of their notary. The Guidices forged the W-2 form to inflate their income. I have no doubt that Teresa knew those W-2 that she signed swearing that she had made so much money a year when in reality she wasn’t working, whether she signed because she trusted her husband even she knew that was as crooked as the day is long is not up for debate, in the eyes of the law, unless she can prove mental incapacity, she is responsible for her signature.

I also wonder is it is that easy to fake W-2, if the Guidices faked the tax filings for the years they didn’t file, any loan application most of the time comes with the requirement of copies of previous tax returns, so I wonder if that is not included in some of the multiple charges that they are facing.

I feel like I am repeating myself but no one signs a W-2. There is no signature. I can type one now. I have never created one that was false, but I have provided W-2’s for business for decades. Now she may have signed a loan application that included a W-2.

I did not have a notary present for any loan application (there was one for signing of a mortage) nor was a notary involved in commercial loans I have applied and received. Regardless of all else I don’t think anyone can say what she did or didn’t sign without evidence.

• do you sign your real tax returns every year? pay your taxes?

I do…the Giudices did not. Then they made up fake IRS documents for their bankruptcy filing. That’s how they got caught. The IRS didn’t have those documents on file. Ooops!

• Good grief, every time I’ve applied for a mortgage, we had to give copies of our IRS and state tax returns. However, these days you sign a document that allows the mortgage bank to request your tax documents directly from the IRS. Gee, I wonder why??? Is it because some people fake their tax returns?

The only way Joe got those mortgages is because the mortgage bank was in on the fraud, I strongly suspect.

Sadly, I saw plenty of shady mortgage companies during the 10 years I spent as a full time realtor in the state of New Jersey. I even had some mortgage reps threaten me, because I told my clients “no you don’t have to give the mortgage company $6,000 up front to obtain a mortgage.” In the past, anyone could become a mortgage rep. No certification, nada. In fact, it was just as easy to start a mortgage bank. One outfit I dealt with (until my client wisely listened to me & dumped them) had several different names. Whenever they were shut down by the state, they would just change the name. They didn’t even bother to change the phone number!!! Now it’s better, NJ has stricter procedures & it isn’t as easy to become a shady mortgage company. This was of course after 2008/2009.

• hmmm maybe not state returns. It’s been over 12 years since we last applied for a mortgage.

TT, not picking on you! But on some of these issues, the Giudices really get to me. Can you tell 😉

Okay Blue, I think you misunderstood my position with the Giudices, which is stated elsewhere. I was just trying to explain technical aspects that were ignored, so I’m done! lol

• melthehound says:

W-2s are statements of income from an employer. It states what one has earned in a given year and how much tax was withheld from said person, including social security. I have never in my life signed a W-2. I have signed W-4 forms when beginning a job however, that states things like, SS#, address, number of dependents, marital status, etc for the purpose of withholding. The other type of document they may have had to deal with is a 1099. That is given to someone who is self employed such as a subcontractor when s/he does jobs for someone else.

Congratulations boston. 🙂

27. lulu says:

Anyone see the promo for witches of east end on lifetime?? Looks interesting.

Anyone watch Masters of sex on showtime?? Pretty interesting and sad well acted. What a strange time though in our history.

Sorry lulu it’s been a sports only house here today.

Lulu why is it sad ? I’m just wondering. I’m going to catch it on demand

How was the movie? I posted a video upthread of the music in it.

I’ll check it out.
          Absolutely freakin amazing. I love Alfonso Cuaron’s movies and this was beyond. I’m sure tons of oscars to come.
          The only music that stayed with me was the ending. I’m sorry to say everything else was quite still and quiet or full of action.
          I’ll read upthread. Thanks Nancy !

• Lulu says:

Really good Nancy.

• Lulu says:

Chismosa during the 50’s time period. It was a “sin” to take pleasure in sex or have sex for anything other then procreation. It’s just sad that he was one of the first to ask what happens to the woman’s body during sex? He did all of his research out of his own pocket no support from the hospital. While Virginia Johnson was viewed as a whore since she had two divorces. That was a big no no in that time period. She was the first sexologist who treated sexual related issues.

NMD…I’m so happy that McKeyle won the gold on the vault. Hopefully that will cheer her up. 🙂

• melthehound says:

Yes, Nancy, I have seen the story and in fact, it is linked on my facebook page with the caption “Some people should just be shot”.. I know you won’t agree with that part but that’s okay 😉

First cool front since May and I’m so frisky, I have been running out in the yard in circles with the dogs staring out the window wondering what’s up?! haha It’s only 65 thus far..the frisky will get them in the morning. Oh happy day….hope it will not be hot tomorrow!!! 🙂

OMG this is funny. It’s a good thing these teachers don’t find our little family here.

31. Is anyone else beginning to suspect that Bryan was a plant, and the whole thing was a set up to give the show a story line for the season??

32. Great blog NMD, thank you. I felt sick watching the Giudices on Andy’s show. These people are idiots.

1) Teresa purposefully left out a lot of her income way back when they filed for bankruptcy! Don’t believe that she is entirely innocent….she’s not. She left out the $ from her cookbook advance & didn’t declare income from her website (remember the t-shirts, bows, etc?). She kept quiet about an awful lot of income, and didn’t sign any income tax forms, for YEARS.

2) Everybody files taxes!!! You don’t mess with the IRS. So these people didn’t file for the 3 previous years that they gave fake IRS documents to go with their bankruptcy. She had to know about this!!! You have to sign your IRS annual tax return people. Just stop it with the “T is innocent.” She is not. These people have been cheating the IRS, the state of NJ and God knows who else for years. Puhlease.

3) Years ago, Teresa was the one that would go around talking people into investing in her husband’s construction projects. I remember reading about it years ago. Many people were disgusted that she took their money, and no, they never got it back. Lost it along with the mortgage companies. If you think that all this stuff the Giudices did doesn’t matter, think again. The bank money comes from our Federal government, Fannie/Freddie. So they ripped us all of, since the National debt is on all of us. Plus the people in the state of NJ who do pay their taxes, EVERY YEAR.

4) Nobody got these people in trouble. They did it all by themselves. Mortgage fraud, fake IRS documents, not paying/not filing their income taxes. When they filed for bankruptcy, that’s when they got caught. Those fake IRS documents were their undoing. Part of the bankruptcy process is to verify the docs. They actually did think they were going to get away with this.

5) How can you blame their attorney that filed the bankruptcy. He got the documents from them. Did he think to ask them “are these fake??”

6) Obviously they were’t thinking about what their fraud would do to the kids if they got caught. That’s the worst part, what they have done to their girls.

7) What you see on tv and what goes on in their REAL lives is completely different. They thought they could get away with this. And they still think we are dumb enough to believe they are innocent!

8) Hopefully Joe will accept a deal that keeps Teresa out of jail. They will have to pay fines, the IRS doesn’t let you off so easily. I would have more respect for them if they would just admit it, take their lumps & move on. Lots of people have gone to jail, paid fines, and come back to business as usual. Martha Stewart did.

• Laineylainey says:

Great comment Bluey. I do not think they are innocent, never have. I only found her to be sympathetic when her brother came on the show to betray her. prior to that they reeked of gauche money grubbing criminals to me. The wads of cash, the conspicuous consumption, it was ugly. Now we know how they had all of that – by stealing, yes stealing from investors, contractors, etc. with no regard for them or their families..”.lets just file for bankruptcy” …it was their undoing. Yes, how sad for those babies, but why do we care more about their kids than they did when they were committing these gross acts of fraud. Even with all that said, I hope she is able to get thru this without being incarcerated. Again, my heart breaks for those kids and her and his parents.

• T was softening me up, gotta eggmit it. But then they go on Andy’s show & act all innocent!! Really, that was too much for me.

On Fame Whorga’s site, Gessie had a great comment last week. She went thru a similar situation, and after her father totally bankrupted the family, he finally was found guilty & paid for his crimes. She says Joe should face the music, take a deal & keep Teresa out of jail. Instead of all the fancy lawyers, (wasting their money!) and claims of innocence. Can you imagine what going thru a trial will cost?? And what effect that will have on their daughters, especially Gia. Sorry to say, but the lawyers are loving it. And encouraging them to fight for their innocence, most likely. How long will it be before Joe figures it out? The first deal you are offered is the best one. It just gets worse, the longer you fight it.

Wow Bluesky, excellently laid out.
          So you think their lawyers were likely very supportive of them having this interview with Andy?

LAINEY- good comment too, I see where you, and many, were and are coming from.

Bluesky you make me realize that though of course we should feel bad for the children (and I think Milania and Gab are starting to comprehend a bit more too) – —it’s Tre and Joe who actually did this to their daughters. I think people get swept up feeling for the kids instead of feeling angry parents DID THIS to their kids.

Good commentary all around. ✔️✔️❌❌

33. VV says:

Chismo, Did Warren propose? (I’m being sarcastic). We know she likes to give cryptic messages…

bethennyfrankel’s photo http://instagram.com/p/fFsEMptPPP/

gross.com

That’s the “place” she walks out from 🚶on the set. LAAAAAAAAAAAAme.com

I like the way you think ……💎💍

– The thing I wanted to mention to you is this gossip columnist – she’s very nice IMO- she is on The Gossip Table on vh1 and was on City Girl Diaries.

Well, she is bffs with rob Schutter (I know yuck), however I think he truly adores her.
      This week they showed funny “selfies” that the celebs all took and one was of Beth. Not a flattering one (oh how endearing to her fans ! 🙄 :roll:) – and the audience there was kind of quiet and Rob said to the camera “I don’t know if many of you know but Marianne- (his friend the columnist, and works at the Daily News now) – used to be very good friends with Bethenny Frankel”
      So then, marianne (who always is joking) says “yes, but now we’re in different tax brackets so ……” Laughing)

Supports the theory of use them and dump ’em.
      I really liked that marianne on city girl diaries when I got to know her.

• VV says:

Of course, Bethenny uses people to get what she wants and then dumps them.

Jill ✔️
        LynnNChicago ✔️
        Jason ✔️
        Marianne Garvey ✔️

I thought it was Jill who had the brilliant idea to blindside Bethenny with the fight – went to the producers with her idea for a great storyline, refused to give it up when it was clear she was putting Bethenny in distress, oh! And forgot to tell Bethenny it was a fake fight. I don’t see how that is Bethenny using Jill. But you go ahead and rewrite your history.

• VV says:

I think she used Jill to get on the show. I think Bobbi also footed the bill to redecorated Bethenny’s apartment. Once she became very popular, there was no need to be a friend of Jill. Bethenny had Andy and Bravo to back her up with editing with her image and ventures.

Vv love the use of ✔️✔️ there. So funny.

34. I’ve posted before about the #1 realtor in my county, here in New Jersey. He went to jail, sentenced for 10 years, after stealing millions of dollars from his clients. You see, he was a “financial planner” in his previous career. That was about 15 yeas ago.

So he went to jail, and only served half of his sentence. Then, for reasons I cannot understand, he became a realtor. Maybe the best thing you can do is google your accountant, financial planner, lawyer, builder, lawn guy etc. & er especially, your realtor. You just might find out they’ve been sent to prison for financial fraud.

So is this #1 realtor paying back his clients? Nobody knows. Since he owes millions, it’s unlikely that those folks will ever get their money back. And nobody knows what he did with all those millions.

I have a theory. It involves the Cayman Islands….. 😉

Can’t the courts say that he must pay back via any income he now makes?

Can you write his name here ? Or is it like, bad to do? Lol