Real Housewives of Miami – Who is being Sued? Reunion Aftermath and Blogs Blogged by NMD

The Real Housewives of Miami filmed their Season Three reunion this week, and it sounds like it didn’t go so well for some of them.  Lisa Hochstein, the Canadian sweetheart, has had a tough time in her sophomore season.  She’s gone from being the peacemaker and friends with everyone, to coming under fire for her statements about “Cuban” “Gangs”.  And by trying to please everyone, perhaps she pleased no one.  It’s being reported that Joanna Krupa said something to Lisa at the reunion that was defamatory enough that Lisa is threatening to sue.  I don’t find that a stretch at all.  Joanna is a loose cannon who will defame anyone in her quest for attention.  Bravo has already had to issue an apology and retraction after she accused Joe Francis of statutory rape on Watch What Happens Live.  At least this time they’ll have a chance to edit the tape.

It’s not clear if Ana Quincocoes was there, or just heard about it, but she tweeted,

“Legal advice of the day: Reality “stars” who threaten w/ defamation suits better make sure they r squeaky clean because discovery is a b***h”

In the aftermath of the reunion, Lisa took to twitter to show all is well:

So happy to be back in miami with my @lhochsteinmd and my doggies. There is nothing that makes me happier.
The craziness is over. Time to get back to my real life and focus on friends and family I love.

This was a rough week for Lisa – Ana Quincocoes started trash tweeting about her when she was on Watch What Happens live earlier this week, and her appearance set off a rash of twitter attacks.  Lisa handled it really well, except for one major slip for to this Lord of the Rings fan.

There should be a law for hate attacks . We should start a campaign . People are so brave behind their laptops like hobbits.

Repeat after me Lisa.  Trolls and Hobbits are not the same thing.  Not in the least.  A Hobbit is polite. well-mannered, and tries to please others.  Trolls on the other hand ….   Geeesh!

As for an attack by Joanna Krupa – all appearances up to the reunion pointed to them being on civil terms.  Sure Joanna had been less than thoughtful a few times during the season about Lisa’s issues being able to carry a pregnancy to term, but she had asked Lisa to be a bridesmaid.  And Joanna’s husband Romain tweeted this earlier in the week:

Trip got couple days postponed. Might pass by NYC 4 the “reunion” 2 say hi 2 my @joannakrupa & @LeaBlackMiami maybe @lisahochstein 2! lolol

What about the other ladies?

Ana wasn’t even at the reunion.  For some mystery reason, she was demoted from her “friend’ status midway through the season.  She has stated that it will become clear over time, but that footage never aired.  Perhaps she’ll be able to explain at some point.  Her tweet when asked if she was at the reunion:

No, third cousins twice removed do not attend reunions. 😶💃👍

But Ana’s been the most vocal about the “allegations”:

What’s shaking?”Allegations Many allegations. Lol. #noupsidetoareunion

Lea Black called the reunion “one for the records”:

I guess it depends on whose point of view!Will be 1 for the records!RT “@TeamLeaBlack: @LeaBlackMiami hey lea!How did RHOM reunion go?
 Still trying to recover from crazy!#rhomreunion

Joanna Krupa tweeted one word:

Brutal

Marysol Patton seemed to have an okay day.

I’m out & I’m ALIVE!!! I can’t say the same for others

As for Andy Cohen:

…. Crickets.  And more importantly – not even a tweet of his favorite reunion shoes.

________________________________

real-housewives-of-miami-season-3-gallery-episode-310-29

RHoM Blogs Blogged –  Episode 10

By HydrangeaHussy

For the first time this season, we don’t have blogs from all of the ladies.  As we all know, this episode focused on Adriana’s wedding.  So I’m a bit surprised that two of the three posted blogs are by Joanna & Lea, who weren’t even invited!

Lea Black

“May Adriana Live Happily Ever After”

Lea tells us that “Everyone knows my thoughts by now,” so she only wishes the happy couple the best.  But she can’t resist throwing out one little dig in her four-sentence blog, “I thought it was the funeral we were supposed to be late to, not the wedding, LOL!”  Lea still thinks that she can throw out digs, then laugh & have it be ok.  We saw this before with all of the green-card jokes she made to Marysol.

Joanna Krupa

“Adriana’s Wedding Full of Waiting”

I was kind of interested to see what Joanna, as the other bride, would have to say about Adriana’s wedding.  Like Lea, she keeps it short.  “The good news for me is that I wasn’t there.”  She goes through a litany of things that Adriana did that she was glad to avoid, then says “So let me stay out of this one…”  Umm, spending a paragraph talking about the issues with the wedding isn’t really staying out of it.

She also addresses Adriana’s comments, “and as far as Adriana saying, “Joanna can have my sloppy seconds,” if it’s Lisa, I’ll take sloppy seconds any day dear.”  She tells us that we will love her upcoming wedding & can’t resist another little dig, “I am really blessed that everything that is happening to me is REAL and wonderful.

Adriana de Moura

“Adriana’s Two Loves”

There were so many obstacles to conquer, issues to work through, a lot of growing up, and even some significant losses occurred before I could walk down the aisle with Frederic.”  Adriana tells us that all of these things contributed to the stress of planning her wedding ceremony.  She says that “just one hour before the wedding I felt like fainting and believed I wasn’t going to make it, because I had no more strength to carry on physically.”  That isn’t exactly what I saw during the episode.  She had ample time to eat something, get ready, etc, but chose not to.

Despite being over an hour late, she managed to “I found my smile again and headed to the church were the two loves of my life awaited — mon chéri, Frederic, and my beloved son, Alex.”  She goes on to say, “I knew I had done the right thing to wait all these years. My little boy had grown up and now my little man was willing to give away his mother to a man he learned to respect and love over the past few years.”  I guess she’s sticking with the story that the first wedding didn’t happen because of Alex.  I’m not really buying that.  In the first season she talked about how well Frederic & Alex got along.  She then described how her son read a poem during the ceremony.  She felt “complete” by the wedding.  She doesn’t address her tardiness to everything, nor her complete lack of respect for her guests.

_________________________________________

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of Miami, RHOM Cast Blogs and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

185 Responses to Real Housewives of Miami – Who is being Sued? Reunion Aftermath and Blogs Blogged

Good afternoon everyone. Happy Saturday. I’ve already been out. Had fun at Nordstrom for a fashion & makeup trends show and had a Philosophy facial. Yeahhhhh! It was fun but it would have been much more fun if I won something. Some great makeup, tools, perfume, etc given away. The side I sat on didn’t hardly win anything. I smell a conspiracy. 🙂 It was fun. I did get a gift bag.
    I hope you have as much fun and have a great
    day. 🙂

2. VV says:

Adrianna is the Brazilian Pinochio.👺

3. VV says:

Who came first the chicken or the egg 🐣 ?

SkinnyBitches or SkinnyGirls?

• Cartwheels says:

The word skinny has been invented probably decades ago, but in the world of Bravo Housewives the first who used it and trademarked it was Bethenny and not Teresa, that is not an opinion, that is a fact.

• VV says:

That doesn’t take away from the fact that sounds like B ripped off, I’m sorry “got inspired” by Skinny Bitch authors. I’m not talking about the trademark here or Tre vs Bethenny.
        Has B ever been confronted about the similarities with Skinny Bitch? Has Bethenny ever even acknowledge the existence of Sikinny Bitch?

Seems to me if we have the public concentrating on Tre using the word Skinny, only a few will remember about perhaps SG was ripped, I mean “inspired” by them…

• Rebecca says:

She didn’t even invent the drink she is shilling. The Skinnygirl Margarita was featured on the show where she went out with the French guy.

• MelTheHound says:

We all know I don’t like Bethenny but, didn’t she describe how she wanted her drink made at that outdoor cafe on the show? Ingrediences and all that?

• Cartwheels says:

No, it didn’t , that was second season of RHNY .

The first time that Bethenny mentioned the skinny girl margarita was in season 1 of RHNY when she went out for drinks with Luann, she asked the waitress specifically for the drink, gave her the ingredients and told her how to do the mix. That was the first time that Bethenny used the term “skinny girl margarita”

Yep, I remember her giving the ingredients and making sure to call in by name even way back then. She was so effectively using the show to market every idea she had. I remember back then she was focused on BethennnyBakes but she smartly used her exposure on the show to test the water for her other ideas. Looking back on it and it’s incredible that the nobody had done it before, focused on younger women or looks conscious women for a liquor. That’s when you know it’s a great idea…it seems so obvious after it’s been done.

• Cartwheels says:

Exactly, she recognized that her original product (cookies and bakery line) was going nowhere and she quickly changed lines and started shelling her other product, the cocktail, it stuck and she went for it , trademarked, offered it to other possibly companies for partnership, found herself the right partner and it took from there.
                She got the right idea and had the perfect platform to promote her product, it does sound simple now but nobody has been able to replicate her level of success , at least not in the Bravosphere.

• Cartwheels says:

Skinnybitch’s authors didn’t created, trademarked, produced, distributed and sold a drink. I am pretty sure that if they had anything to claim as their legal property they would, but they also know that they were not the first ones to use the word skinny either so as it turns Bethenny is the one who made the millions out of her cocktail line, a cocktail line that features the word skinny everywhere, so far nobody has laid a claim on the name or on the mix .

Can I just point at the ironic fact that Teresa’s fans are the ones who have stirred this controversy about the word now, many years later, by pretending to claim that Teresa had the trademark rights first? Just putting it out there.

I think the whole ‘skinny’ arguement is kind of moot, as it seems like Teresa brand is based more off of ‘fabulicious’. Granded there might have been some hopes for name recognition ( real housewifes and SKINNY mashed up) when the first cookbook came out, But even then…I am sure the book publishers picked the name.

• MelTheHound says:

Note the first known use of the word, 1573 … 540 years ago… I know these heifers are old and tired but I didn’t think they were THAT old 😛

• Laineylainey says:

I don’t care, as long as I arrive first. Haha

4. Cartwheels says:

VV, thanks for the link to Teresa’s blog. A couple of things about it.
    Teresa (or her PR) conveniently didn’t put the whole title of the book and reduced it to Naturally thin, the whole title clearly has the work skinny in it.
    Teresa makes the allegation that when Bethenny decided to name her second book Skinnydish, her book skinny Italian was already in the press, well Bethenny’s book Skinnygirl dish was released to the public on December of 2009 and Teresa’s never did until six months later on May of 2010, but that is all irrelevant because neither “invented” the word skinny to begin with.

The alluded blog clearly says: “Was this perfect timing or a calculated plan by Bethenny Frankel and Andy Cohen to destroy Teresa’s career the same way they destroyed Kelly Bensimon and Jill Zarin?” first of all nobody can make Kelly say all the loony things she said since season 2, those are all hers, second Jill destroyed herself with her own stupid plots. Bethenny didn’t destroyed them, there is no amount of editing that could had put the words in their mouths, there is no amount of editing that could make Jill fess up to a plot to get rid of Bethenny or to send her cast mates e-mails asking them not to film with her.

The other part of the blog says: ” Remember what I told you about Bethenny Frankel and Teresa Giudices feud? Bethenny was livid over Teresa Giudice and her Skinny Italian deal. Bethenny tried to stop Skinny Italian but Teresa had trademarked it before Bethenny came out with “Skinny Girl”.

Teresa never trademarked the word skinny in any of her products before Bethenny, whether Bethenny was annoyed or not, she probably was, but she is smart enough to understand that it was not an exclusive word to begin with.

The point the blog makes is that Bethenny was so mad over not being able to take legal action to stop Teresa from using that word because Teresa had trademarked it before her is a blatant lie which IMO nullifies the whole blog, it is just another of the fairy tales put out there to make Teresa like a saint and the victim of all kind of attempts to destroy her just again IMO is BS.

• They lost me with the female producer being a disguise for the male producer.

• Cartwheels says:

It was so ridiculous it was funny, but I read some of the comments, “omg, that explains everything” and I was thinking, could people really be so naive? Then again, this is how internet rumors are born and when nobody questions them, they become a fact in some people’s minds.

• MelTheHound says:

It Appears, that the term Skinnygirl, was first filed in November of 2008. Registered, the earliest date I can see, June of 2010. There are other products that have also filed the name Skinnygirl (one word) that don’t appear to have anything to do with Bethenny. Something I didn’t know, it looks like trademarks have to be renewed because there are several applications for said renewal.

Since I challenged someone to bring the facts, here is where mine came from..

I didn’t look up Skinny Italian.. I’ll leave that to someone else 😉

• MelTheHound says:

I’m stating this from looking at trademarks that have to do with Bethenny. Cocktails, etc.

• Anne says:

Your comments and request for facts made me curious, so I checked the USPTO website and also the Library of Congress for copyright protection (covers books, recorded material, etc.). If you run the search term “Skinny” in these databases, you get lots and lots of hits — both trademark and printed material. So, I don’t think either lady has a monopoy on the word — which as someone pointed out in a comment — has been around for a long time.

Skinny Italian is trademarked. First two filings are dead. Interestingly, first applicant was a laundry in NJ (maybe one that the Guidices owned?), second applicant a Teresa Guidice LLC and third applicant is Teresa Guidice as an individual. I would guess that changes of applicant have to do with bankruptcy and other legal matters or change in purpose that the mark will be used. Mark is for food (original application was for restaurant use).

Teresa’s more recent cook books have all used the word Fabulicious in the title (which is also trademarked). I don’t know if this is significant or not — but it certainly distinguishes her books from Bethenny’s pretty clearly. All the books have been registered for copyright protection. There is an earlier book by other authors titled “Skinny Italian Cooking” which was published in 1996. Teresa also trademarked Fabellini, which would be the product in direct competition with Skinny Girl beverages — again, a clear distinction.

In terms of book titles, it is my understanding that publishing houses and editors play a significant role in selecting titles for books (at least mysteries, historical fiction, thriller and romance — the stuff that I read). This may not be true for cookbooks and non-fiction. However, I’m not sure how much credit for the names of the books should go to the authors, especially new authors.

Finally, I’m not a particular fan of either Bethenny or Teresa. To me, the shows are an americanized, reality tv version of the British sitcom Keeping Up Appearances. If you’ve ever watched it, I’m sure you’ll agree that most of the HW’s (at least the ones in NY and NJ that I watch the most) bear some resemblence to Hyacinth Bucket.

• SkinnyHound says:

Interesting… You may be right about the shift to Fabulicious (and its subs, fabillini, etc).. I’ve never seen that show but I don’t doubt you,..

• VV says:

Thank you Ann. I trust the “.gov” sites more on this type of research. Glad you took the time to do it and share with us here. Your input clarifies a lot.

• Cartwheels says:

“first applicant was a laundry in NJ (maybe one that the Guidices owned?”

Have the Guidices ever owned a laundry mat in NJ? I thought The Guidices business were related to construction , is there any evidence that realistically links this laundry and the Guidices except for the fact that there are both in NJ?

• Anne says:

My use of the question mark at the end of the phrase was intended to let the reader know that I was speculating about the relationship between the entity filing for the trademark and the Guidices. I’m sorry if that was not sufficiently clear to you or to other readers. So, just to be clear — I was speculating about the nature of the relationship between the Guidices and the laundromat — not stating a fact or even an opinion.

However, to further address your question, Turbo Suds Laundromat also filed for trademark protection for “Juicy Joe” on the same day that the application was filed for “Skinny Italian.” I believe that Teresa sometimes refers to her husband as “Juicy Joe.”

I don’t know if that is sufficicient evidence of ownership of the Laundromat to satisfy your request for “evidence that realistically linkes the laundry and the Guidices.” To me, it strongly suggests that there was some connection between the Laundromat and the Guidices. Or perhaps — it is totally conincidental.

I tried to access corporate/LLC/partnership organizational documents on the NJ website, but you have to actually order hard copies (which I did not want to do), because I don’t want to pay a fee for the copies. Perhaps someone with more of an interest will want to followup and try to track down the organizational/governance documents.

I believe that the Guidices also had an ownership interest in a pizza shop — wasn’t that storyline part of season 2?

Hope this addresses your questions.

• SkinnyHound says:

I think it was season 3, Anne. That’s the shop with the apartment on the second floor where he told T they would be living. I think he may have been serious, she thought it was a joke. They also had Gia’s BD party there where she did that song for Joey Whorga.

• djprincessc says:

Hahahahahahhahaahhahahahahaahaha you’re name cracked me up. I looked it was Mel, turned around it was skinny. Hilarious.

• Anne says:

Thanks for the clarification Skinny Hound aka MeltheHound. The RHNJ seasons run together for me. I started watching sporadically in season 3 and keeping up with the show via blogs and recaps because I found it too unpleasant to watch regularly. This past season, I relied on your recaps and only watched parts of a few shows — if the recaps made me curious.

• VV says:

^^^^^^^

That is a very good observation. What are the odds? However, we are still speculating but the coincidence tilts in favor of the Giudices.

• VV says:

Skinny Italian and Juicy Joe according to USPTO were both filed on October 4, 2010 by Turbo Suds Laundromats CORPORATION NEW JERSEY 1576 Maple Avenue Hillside NEW JERSEY 07205.

• VV says:

From “Trademark Hound” webpage. This is not a Government page. It’s a dot.com page.
                  Here’s what they have listed for Skinny Italian

Turbo Suds Laundromats CORPORATION NEW JERSEY
                  1576 Maple Avenue Hillside NEW JERSEY 07205.
                  Position: President Francesco Giudice ( Is this Juicy’s Dad?)
                  October 4th, 2010

Email: (removed by NMD) ( Is this Heather Maclean as in Teresa’s book writer? )

• LePac says:

I love that you referenced “Keeping up Appearances”! Hyacinth Bucket, aka, Bouquet, is a hilarious character. The ladies on the HW shows don’t come close to making me laugh like Hyacinth does!

• LePac says:

This was for Anne

• Anne says:

I agree — the HWs don’t come close to Hyacinth — for real laughs. I’m still entertained, especially when I watch RHNY by comparing the HWs and their antics (esp. LuAnn, Sonja and Jill) to Hyacinth. Try it sometime — it makes it funnier.

• VV says:

I didn’t participate in the discussion of this article. It’s been discussed before here and on other blogs.

If the word Skinny was so important, why didn’t the title of Bethenny’s book reflect that importance? See below copy of the cover of her book.

• Cartwheels says:

I think it is prominently feaured on the title of her first book : “Naturally Thin- Unleash your Skinnygirl and free yourself from a life of dieting”

Going back to the blog, the assertion was that Teresa had thought and trademark the word “skinny” before Bethenny, so let’s go back to the facts:
        Bethenny trademark the products Skinnygirl’s margarita on 2008, she published her first book with the word skinny on it, on March of 2009, she then published her second book with title “Skinnygirl dish” on December of 2009, Bravo was talking with her about a spin off since May of 2009 with the intended title of “Skinnygirl in the city” , see how many skinnies right there?

Teresa released her book “Skinny Italian” in May 2010, on the heels of all the success that Bethenny’s products had, was that a coincidence? probably , but the fact is that it was the fans who brought up that, Bethenny brushed it off by saying that “Imitation is the best form of flattery” to which Teresa replied that others have used the word skinny before, which is a fair point.

What is not a fair point is to alleged that Bethenny plotted Teresa’s demise by plotting with the producers to bring her down just because she couldn’t stop her from using the word skinny due to Teresa already having the trademark from way before. Teresa trademark the label “skinny italian’ in 2011 and then renewed in 2012.

It is simple a fact of numbers, Bethenny tradedmarked “skinnygirl’s margarita” on May of 2008, Teresa trademarked “skinny Italian” in 2011, so it is pretty clear to me that the reason that the blog is using to make all the other conspiratory statements is completely flawed.

• MelTheHound says:

I seriously think these two are so far off of each other’s radar in real life that what one does, really doesn’t mean a damn thing to the other… Both have MUCH bigger plates in front of them.

• Cartwheels says:

exactly, both have so much going on in their lives at the time being that the claim that Teresa’s demise is due to B’s plotting is ridiculous. Teresa in the show has done remarkably well so there is no demise there, her demise are her legal issues and over those nobody had anything to do because the crimes go as far as 2001, way before Bravo ever thought about a show.

• lulu says:

What a farce Bs is NOT naturally thin. A starvation diet that includes booze does not equate being naturally thin. Its insulting to those of us who are naturally skinny.

• VV says:

“Prominently featured?!” That’s a stretch!

The Title is actually:

Naturally Thin: Unleash your Skinnygirl and free yourself from a life of dieting. ***There is no hyphen*** Right after the Naturally Thin, there is a semicolon. ( : ) followed by Unleash your SkinnyGirl …

I’m just going to toss this out there…..for all the criticism that Teresa has taken about her co-author if you look at Beth’s book cover-HER co-author is right there! Just like Teresa’s. This is not a criticism of bethenney either, coauthors aren’t an unusual thing. Writing a book isn’t easy, so most people need some help getting the concept on paper. I’m guessing the publishers hire the co co-writers anyway.

5. plainviewsue says:

I don’t watch Miami and I am grateful. But I will watch the reunion. It’s fun to watch a reunion when you have absolutely nothing vested in any of the players!!

• MelTheHound says:

I don’t watch it either but it might be fun to watch these bleached heifers go at one another 😀

6. Skinny Orson says:

Okay, I’m going to try something here.

7. vilzvet says:

Wow, programming alert: Bravo is right now running the first episodes only of the various Housewives series. Currently it is OC, next is NYC, then BH, then Atlanta. Ah, good times.

• vilzvet says:

Oh my, totally forgot that Jo and Slade were engaged. She flashed a huge canary diamond that she said cost him over $100K. Hmmm….also interesting to see Vicki’s first husband, and it looked like he indeed had a decent relationship with his kids back then.

I wonder what happened to that ring? Funny. $100k and Gretch paid for her own ring. 🙂

• vilzvet says:

I was thinkin’ the same thing. Guess she may have kept it? But now we know Slade sure wouldn’t have minded getting it back!

No Husker game today, so I’m doing as little as possible. Going to put a pork roast in the oven soon. Went to a big estate sale yesterday. I bought three A&W root beer mugs – papa, mama and baby. Memories! Really neat stuff, but I have so much of my own junk, I just can’t justify bringing more junk home. But I do think I need to make one more trip back – just in case I missed something.

9. Cartwheels says:

Mel, let me help you with the search .

Here is the link for Bethenny’s signature cocktail with the word Skinny girl in it :
    “On Tuesday, May 27, 2008, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for SKINNY GIRL’S MARGARITA by BethennyBakes, LLC, New York 10065. The USPTO has given the SKINNY GIRL’S MARGARITA trademark serial number of 77484424. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED-FAILURE TO RESPOND OR LATE RESPONSE. The correspondent listed for SKINNY GIRL’S MARGARITA is Sarah M. Robertson, Esq. of Dorsey & Whitney LLP, 250 Park Avenue, 15th Floor, New York NY 10177 . The SKINNY GIRL’S MARGARITA trademark is filed in the category of Restaurant and Hotel Services . The description provided to the USPTO for SKINNY GIRL’S MARGARITA is Providing an interactive web site in the field of recipes for alcoholic beverages and cocktail.”

Now here is the trademark link for Teresa’s skinny Italian:
    “On Wednesday, May 25, 2011, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for SKINNY ITALIAN by Teresa Giudice LLC, Towaco, NJ 07082. The USPTO has given the SKINNY ITALIAN trademark serial number of 85329978. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED-FAILURE TO RESPOND OR LATE RESPONSE. The correspondent listed for SKINNY ITALIAN is TERESA GIUDICE LLC of TERESA GIUDICE LLC, 6 INDIAN LN, TOWACO, NJ 07082-1005 . The SKINNY ITALIAN trademark is filed in the category of Staple Food Products . The description provided to the USPTO for SKINNY ITALIAN is Cooking sauces. ”

BTW one of my posts got on moderation, can you please free it up? Thanks

Here’s my day so far. Pick up mom and drop her off at hairdressers. Take mom’s grocery list to the store, get her groceries, take her groceries back to her place and put them away. Take her books back to the library, and run around and get her some more books I think she’d like (she can read a book a day). Get phone call to go pick mom up from the hairdressers. On the way back from the hairdressers, stop and sit in line forever at Chick Filet because mom really wants a Chick Filet chicken sandwich. Take mom home. Come home and collapse for a little while before going back out to do my own errands. At least I still have my mom with me, so I should not be complaining, but I’m pooped! I don’t know who tires me out more, Just Jack or my mom. lol.

11. Cartwheels says:

Teresa has the trademark for the word “Fabellini” and also for the word “Skinnylicious” both for the category of alcohol and drinks. Both trademarks are for the year of 2011.

BTW the laundry mat that might be or might not be related to the Guidices (IMO it has nothing to do with Teresa but let’s pretend it did ) filed the trademark for Skinny Italian in 2010, still two years after Bethenny
    On Monday, October 04, 2010, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for SKINNY ITALIAN by Turbo Suds Laundromat, Hillside, NJ 07205. The USPTO has given the SKINNY ITALIAN trademark serial number of 85144322

Teresa Guidice has the trademarks for the words Skinny Italian (2011), Fabellini (2011) and Skinylicious (2011)

Bethenny has the trademarks for the words Skinnygirl, Skinnygirl’s margarita, and other 36 trademarks with the words skinny in it that range from May of 2008 until 2013. Most of them under the name of BB Endeavors LLC, there are other patents for Bethenny that go as far as 2002 for her Bethenny bakes products, but the ones with cocktails and diet products start in 2008.

• What I always found funny was the word “Skinny” in front of ‘Italian” in a cookbook … I adore Italian food! And is everything BUT slimming! Haa! I don’t know how I know, but I think that the “Skinny” word came after B Blogged NJ Housewives and said something that pissed off Teresa… Someone recalls?

• Cartwheels says:

Maybe American Italian food is heavy but what about traditional Italian cuisine?

I ask this because Chinese American food is fattening but traditional Chinese food is mostly steamed and Chinese people are slim.

• Cusi77 says:

You are right Cartwheels! I’ve been to Italia several times and there are so much yummy sea food! Antipasto, deli, deli and Gelato (Ice cream) delicious desserts as well… Women, young women are really slim but they walk a lot! Chinese, on the other hand, I think is about Ethnics… For not finding a better example I think in dogs, like a French poodle vs. a Grand Danish (Hahah!)… Mexican food is TOTALLY another enchilada in Mexico, where I was born and raised.

• Cartwheels says:

I was once invited to a Mexican quinceanera, needless to say I was expecting the Mexican food to be sort of like Taco Bell type, it wasn’t , it was so different but so much better, so now when I want authentic Mexican food I just call up one of my friends and I sneaked an invitation to eat in their house. I have also eaten some sort of cake, can’t remember the name but it is delicious, three leches? I can eat the whole thing by myself.

• lulu says:

American Italian food is highly fattening dump everything in cheese, oil and gravy in huge portions. In Italy they are big on letting each component shine on their own in small portions. Majority of Italians are fairly slender. Typically in most villages or cities you walk everywhere especially on the hills where there is limited roadways.

It’s the same situation with a lot of ethnic foods that get “Americanized” after 1-2 generations. The food is NOT the food of the home country + the bad eating habits here ==== nothing skinny about it !!

Ok Cusi you done added some names to your name. Orson did the same. 🙂
        LOL at “skinny” in Italian. I loveeee me some Italian food. I always joke saying if I were Italian I would big fat. I also adore the deserts.

• Cusi77 says:

Powel, I followed Orson’s lead! Lol! I heard that the Gov. is back to business, so I am happy that you might be back to work as well… Hugs Powelly Poo!

Thks Cusi. I went back Thursday. But Friday was my day off. Working 1 day per week would actually be nice. :-). For the same pay of course.

Hey everyone. I’ve been MIA. I went for an early dinner w/family & friends. I’m stuffed. Now I’m home and catching the very 1st epi of Atl. Kim & NeNe were having fun shopping. Then Kim called Big Poppa to ask him to buy her an Escalade. When she was waiting for her SUV to be tricked out w/New rims she’s talking to the camera introducing her girls and she says (THEIR) father is in Connecticut and they don’t have a relationship w/him. So in 2008 I didn’t know that Kim’s girls had different fathers. Sheree is now talking about her divorce & wanting to live the same lifestyle or better after her divorce is final. LOL. You all remember that right? 🙂 And she’s also talking about her fashion line which we know will be She by Sheree where are the close Sheree?. Do you all remember how NeNe looked in 2008? No cosmetic surgery yet.

• skinnyb@tchlulu says:

Glad to hear you had a fab day skinnypowell!!! Doesn’t it get you how much all of them have changed??? The irony and even now I remember thinking I wish I had a big poppa with deep pockets!!! You imagine!!! 😉

That was a riot seeing the first ATL. Didn’t remember bow horribly conceited Sheree was (just as well 🙄 ) However I did remember how much fun Nene and Kim were together. BTW, see that handful of cash Kim had? The Escalade shopping scene was sometbing else…ah to have a Big Popa.

Kim’s mom is on this epi. I didn’t remember her being on the show early.
    Sheree is planning her party. You all remember the party where NeNe is asked to leave so Kim tells NeNe let’s go? That’s coming up. Round 1 between NeNe & Sheree.

• Cartwheels says:

I am glad you are watching 🙂

Yes, that was Kim’s mom wasn’t it? They seemed to get along just fine, who would have thought that few years later they wouldn’t be talking 😦

I know. And how come Karen was silent & on her best behavior but by 2011 she wanted her moment w/lights & cameras on her. What a difference a few yrs makes.

• djprincessc says:

I love when Dwight says something to the effect of “what kind of fashion is this without any fashions.” I think I butchered it, but it was soooo funny! lol

14. Cartwheels says:

Watching the first episode of RHOA, feeling nostalgic. Everything was so much more organic.
    Btw I spotted Nene, Kim and Kim’s mom in one of the scenes. Sheree levels of delusion about her importance is astounding.

Didn’t Sheree just crack you up? “Everybody and their momma wants to come to my party.” Puleeze Sheree. 🙂

• Cartwheels says:

I know ! Sherre has a personal assistant, publicist, make up team, etc, etc, etc.
        I wonder how is she adjusting to her new life with none of these perks, no assistants, no cameras. I wonder if all those people who we’re enjoying her party even talk to her nowadays.

I was wondering if they got paid. Remember the event planner that cursed her out. He said “word around town is you don’t pay your bills”. “You better check yourself.” Sheree said “who’s gonna check me boo”. LOL. That was so funny. I’ll never forget that.

• Cartwheels says:

Lol , that is why I enjoy Atlanta, the ladies have their problems but they also know how to have fun and they do not waste too much time blaming editing, they keep it moving.

That was the BEST !

Now they are showing DeShawn w/her house manager. You remember that. Married to that lying ass husband who cheated on her w/her supposed friend. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

I thought it was an old girlfriend of his that he was cheating with. Didn’t he get her preg?

It’s funny. None of them were really fly back in ’08. Kim’s personal shopper/designer brings a bunch of clothes for her.

17. skinnyb@tchlulu says:

“Quiet your talking too loud!!!! Shhhh!!! I need ear plugs!!!!!” Glad the mouth that said that never made the cut on NY. Unforgivably rude!

American League game 6. Good luck to all. 🙂

19. VV says:

Famewhorgas has a very good read on the Giudices Bankruptcy and Links to Official Documents.

That blog was goofy! (The Teresa one) I saw it a week it so ago. Skinny Mel is right-neither one if them really care about each other IRL and the idea that either if them waste time trying to bring the other down us goofy! And bravo has no vested interest in bringing Teresa down either. It’s all wild conspiracy speculation.

As for the books-if course Bethenny was first. NY came before NJ. It’s that simple. As for the titles-an author doesn’t have total control of that. Especially a new author. It takes quite sometime to get a book from baby stages to print. In season 2, after the Italy trip everyone came over Teresa’s for dinner. That was supposed to be her plug for the book-but it was glossed over. That was filmed late 2009, early 2010. Just using that, the book idea was probably in the works since summer ’09, when the show became a hit.

I do believe there was probably some intention there, to capitalize on the skinny aspect-since housewives fans tend to follow all of the shows. That’s obviously going to be your first market. But, walk into any bookstore and half the cook books have some variation of skinny, thin, natural, etc. Every author is not copying Bethenny Frankel. But still, I think there was some intention there-concepts are totally different, but I can see it. I don’t believe it was a conscious choice on Teresa’s part. Her publishers more than likely went there. If there were any real issues with her book being “too close” to Beth’s concepts, the name wouldn’t have been used. The publishers lawyers vet all if that-including checking copyrights!

But, it’s hard to prove any deliberate copying. Google Jessica Seinfelds lawsuit with HER cookbook.

I think cartwheels made a good point that once something’s in the internet- it becomes fact. I’m taking that point to make one of my own-and I KNOW um going to get a tin if crap, so after i say it I’m going to put on my body armor before I check back! Here I go!

I don’t believe and never believed that Dina manzo got “fired” for forging papers. I believe and always believed that the source who said that lied. It’s not horrible enough to get crucified for but makes her look bad. Just my opinion. And u could make a case as to why I believe this-please be gentle! 🙂

• I thought the source said that Dina got fired for being boring after Lexi couldn’t film with her. Nevertheless – I have always felt that the source was Jaq and that she was putting out those rumors to make Dina look bad – along with releasing the project ladybug papers. I’m not sure if I’d ever trust a housewife as an anonymous source. Unless they are willing to put their name to something, who is to say they aren’t lying to make themselves look good – or make their frenemies look bad.

That was part of it-but the supposed forgery was part if it too. But even so, other wives film sans kids and they stay. Plus Dina was still a part of the bravo family. She did Chris Marchs show, a bunch if WWHL eps. Andy loves her-I think she wanted out. Knowing what we know now, it was obviously due to family issues. Whether it was Caroline and Jac not walking with her- which I doubt-I think it’s deeper and more personal.

I think (yes, crazy conspiracy theory alert) that the family drama we are seeing now with the gorgas and guidices wasn’t meant to ever happen. I believe, that the warring sister in laws was being set up to be Jac and Dina. Watch the first season finale-it was brewing. They’ve never liked each other and there’s a reason they went the family route. There was an undercurrent there from day 1. I believe Dina had a sense if that (how could she not) and bailed. Lucky bravo and us that Melissa the mad emailer was waiting in the wings. I could be totally wrong-but I do wonder….

Actually, I want to restate this. I kinda think (again, crazy theory) that they cast family to capture the dynamic. Whether it was supposed to be sister in laws fighting or sisters. (What happened later? Kim and Kyle). Caroline was an unplanned addition to the show, so I sort of believe there was something in Jac and Dina they wanted to capture. And of course Chris and Dina’s relationship.

I feel like they wanted to highlight how family relationships affect a group dynamic. The friends are the buffers.

Interesting. I never thought as much about some of that, but I believe some of your take on it.

Jessica Seinfeld don’t get me started.

Andy was foaming at the mouth for her this week. And she deigned wear a HL dress for the “housewives”
      🙄 infinity! 🔄🔄🔄🔄

Thanks NMD and HH for gathering the Miami info! Just seems natural to assume that Joanna could have comments about Lisa’s inability to carry full term – or have a baby of her own. I guess we will find out soon enough. Kind of suprising that Marysol and Alexia did not blog…maybe going to NY this week crowded schedules or they simply didn’t want to say anything derogatory about the wedding.
    Maybe they were smart not to draw any attention right before a reunion. And by appearances it seems Marysol and Alexia got off easy…they seemed very happy afterwards. Also, agree with NMD that I don’t think we are going to see some of what Ana said will be apparent later….getting a little late for that. I think Ana is very bitter about whatever happened and probably will be ‘well’ so to speak when she can let it all out!

While I wasn’t terribly interested in wbo was skinny first, I’m scanning tbrough and about died laughing when Skinny Orson appeared…then SkinnyHound and kudos to cusi and lulu’s creativity!!!! You had me in stitches! 😆

Oh and thanks to Vilzver for letting me know about the first episodes airing this afternoon! Was able to record all but OC and watched some of BH. I love the way BH started out….it was so much better then … it was interesting as to how many ‘concerns’ were verbalized by Kyle about Kim and Kim speaking for herself. A lot! I must say Kim never fit in with this cast and I still contend she is a packaged deal with Kyle….unfortunately. Think I’ll go cue up the DVR now, want to see Atlanta first. Wanna see Nene before she became the rich bitch OG.

• Skinny Orson says:

Just for the record, I didn’t register “Skinny [username] as a trademark, so you’re all welcome to use it.

The Boston Red Sox’s are going to the World Series after hitting a grand slam in the bottom of the 7th! Congratulations boston. 🙂

Shane Victorino a former phillie hit that! Love the Flyin Hawaiin! Hayed that they traded him-he was loved here!

I hate when they do that as you get attacked to these guys.

Victorino is an absolute stand up guy. He paid for a community center in a crappy part of Philly so kids had a place to go. When Philly won the series in 2008-his wife and mom and other family handmade leis for the team to wear after the win! So if Boston wins the series and they have leis on…that’s all Shane!

24. VV says:

Jeff,
    You might be right after all with your theory that Joey and Mel are behind their own cheating rumors. This was tweeted a while back. I can’t believe I missed it.

HA! Just imagine all she doesn’t say…

• SkinnyHound says:

To me, it just seems so obvious. She brings her friends on the show to announce that she is writing a book about marriage.. The looks on their faces was absolutely priceless. The next thing we know, on the show, the cheating shit hits the fan and it’s the theme for the rest of the season. Insuring that they are the victims and once again, somehow, Teresa is the bitch for not defending them and somehow, she is the one spreading the rumors. Nowhere, has anybody been able to show me any proof of that. No one has shown any proof that MeGo cheated either. The whole thing just stinks.

• VV says:

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense SkinnyHound. I guess I didn’t want to believe that Joey and Melissa would be this malevolent. WOW! 😳😱

• SkinnyHound says:

I am not trying to change anybody’s mind, mind you.. Just presenting it as I believe it to be. I have said all along, I think she is a lot of things, but cheater isn’t one of them. It has always struck me as odd, that with all of his rage, Joey goes after his sister rather than those, men and women both, who made the claims.

• VV says:

But then it makes sense that her friend Jan said on camera Mel cheated and she covered for her. She said it to Melissa’s face. Melissa on the later episodes said that Jan had said that because she wanted her 15 minutes and eventually Melissa “forgave her”. Jan May have been in with the plot all along…

25. Ladebra says:

Thank you so much for all the TM information Cartwheels. Every time I read the “Teresa was first and Bethenny was beyond furious” posts I didn’t buy the theory, but I was too lazy to find out the TRUTH. So thank you for sharing .

YW
      I do understand that it must be very frustrating for some Teresa’s fan to accept that this world of trouble that the Guidices have now is their own doing, it is always easy to try to find a scapegoat.
      I have heard and read all kind of theories, the blame has gone from Jacqueline (who secretly made a deal with the Feds to hide her own bankruptcy) to Melissa and Joe (who were secretly contacted by the Feds and made it to bravo as secret spies to get evidence for the prosecution) to Caroline (who said my husband will destroy you and this is his way to do it) btw exit, I can see your theory about Dina but the Tre apologetics assure that Dina left because she didn’t agree with Caroline and Jacqueline throwing the guidices financial secrets to the Feds to save themselves. The accountants are to be blamed as well as the jerks allowed Joe to make all these mistakes, loan officers are in the plot as well, they must have known that the Guidices were lying about their income but didn’t care and let them present the papers anyway because they are crooks. Now the latest is that Bethenny is the one with dirty hands in revenge for Teresa trademarking the word skinny, Andy has his hands in it too because he personally asked the Guidices to pay with cash, Teresa didn’t want to but was forced to do it and that is what rang the bell.

Everybody is condemned and declared guilty of plotting against the Guidices without the benefit of the doubt , of course when it comes to Teresa the words “innocent. Until proven guilty” immediately come flying and don’t you dare to say that she got herself into this mess because then you are one of Melissa’s sisters, one of the Manzos, a hater or a heartless bi@tch.

Reading Famewhorgas yesterday was like going into a whole different world, I kept scratching my head thinking that this surely had to be a joke, but what do I know, it seems like I have a tendency to use my logic so I guess I have become a “hater” even though I happen to like Teresa.

• Sasha says:

Cartwheels, I love what you have just written. I have just been a little too lazy to throw my thoughts out there lately but what you have said is exactly how I feel.

The Giudices took themselves down. No need to blame her, him or them.

• Cartwheels says:

Exactly, the other cast members surely have their own legal problems but until they are formally charged it is moot to even mentioned it. I do get mad when I hear “everybody has done it” , we’ll so far the only ones charged are the Guidices, believe me when and if the others are charged my stance will be the same.

Love this post! I like Teresa as well, but they are in trouble because they did wrong. They’re in trouble because the filed for bankruptcy and lied on the documents then withdrew the bankruptcy to keep the eyes of the law away-but it was too late. They rang the bell in themselves by being dishonest.

The only outsider who could possibly be involved is the lawyer Monica. And by involved I mean, when her husband represented joes partner who sued them. Joes partner, I’m sure, shared some things and they reported Joe. Because the had to as officers if the court. Not because Kim G. was mad at Teresa! Lol. It’s not as dramatic as some blogs make it out to be. FW is an interesting read-but yes, totally out there!

• Cartwheels says:

I understand that the house bubble hit the Guidices hard, I get that they probably did what other have done to get better loans, what I can’t understand is why oh why did they filed for bankruptcy? Why did they lie in their bankruptcy petition? Is it true that they hide assets and maybe that’s why a laundry mat trademarked their skinny Italian name because they didn’t want to file with their name and declare the book income? I mean the amount of sloppy mistakes that the Guidices made is staggering and nobody can be blamed for that.
          Many people hit hard times, many people declared bankruptcy, but the Guidices not only declared bankruptcy, they wanted to do it but keeping all their properties, mansion, beach house, cars, jewelry, book advances, bravo income,etc. that was their own doing.
          How about you sell everything, how about you sell your mansion and go back to live in an apartment, how about your start from scratch like other million of people.

The funny part is that if the Guidices would have done that, they could have had everybody rooting for them, showing that you can always start again and do it in an honest way. I would have been the first to cheer them up and watch a spin off about the Guidices starting back from zero, now they are spending insanely amount of money in lawyer fees, money that they could have used to start a new life.

• SkinnyHound says:

I think they got some bad advice, and took it to the next level getting creative on their own. One or two ‘mistakes’ may have slipped under anybody’s radar and been handled privately with some slap on the wrist fines but, when you compile everything, they’re fucked. I am not going to try and read anything in to what they are saying or doing now. It means very little in my mind including, that dumbass interview with Mandy. Regardless of who said what to whom, I doubt the feds make a habit of going after people with indictments with no evidence. I think both of them will see the insides of prison cells, and learn to be comfortable within their confinement. That’s how long they will be there. I think when Joe gets out, he will be taken directly to the airport and put on a plane back to Italy. T may go with him, she may not. That’s a wait and see. I think Joe’s sister or his brother, will be taking care of the girls while J and T are ‘away’. I don’t think any of them will do a full 50 year stretch but Audriana may be an adult when they get out. I still give Teresa a pass on not knowing what she signed on some of this stuff but she Did sign it and at the bottom of every such document, where you sign, it says something to the affect of you are stating with that signature, that everything in that document, is factual. That’s the reality of what I think of their current situation.

OMG! Can I just copy and paste this in it’s entirety at will? Cept the last two words 🙂 Perfectly sums up the shear absurdity of conspiracy theorists and level of delusion that goes into such thinking. And the double and triple standards applied to Teresa vs. Everyone else. FW is ground zero of the lunacy.