Top Chef New Orleans Season 11 Episode 5

Top Chef, New Orleans (S11E5) by BB

This week’s New Orleans term:  KING CAKE –  Extra-large oval doughnut pastry dusted with colored candied sugar. A plastic baby doll is hidden inside the cake–the lucky person who gets the piece of cake with the doll inside (and doesn’t break a tooth or swallow it in the process!) buys the king cake for the next party of the Mardi Gras season.

Sara is pretty upset that she and Travis messed up the Vietnamese challenge resulting in Janine’s elimination last week.  She feels like they failed her.  Travis is also a little melancholy, and calls his mom.  His mom knows he’s gay, but his dad doesn’t.  He does now.

Top Chef Halloween 1Quickfire Challenge:  When the chefs report to the Top Chef kitchen, Padma and Gail are standing there and everything, I mean everything is wrapped in aluminum foil (Reynolds Wrap product placement).  Padma’s and Gail’s moms join them.  There will be two teams – Team Lakshmi and Team Simmons.  They have to create three dishes in 30 minutes after the moms choose the ingredients and the cooking equipment in five minutes.  The teams must use every ingredient the moms put in their shopping carts.  The winning team will win $10,000.  The chefs start calling out ingredients and cooking equipment for the moms.  Padma’s mom seems to be moving more quickly.

The chefs start unwrapping the ingredients and sorting into different categories.  It’s going to be hard for them to use all the ingredients the moms collected.  Team Lakshmi splits up into three separate teams.  Nina, Brian and Bene are making a soup out of their ingredients (canned beans, ginger, cherries, strawberries, okra and cheddar cheese).  Carlos and Travis are making clams with coconut cream sauce.  Nicholas and Patty are making sea bass and snapper papillote.  Team Simmons seems a little more disorganized with regard to who gets what ingredients.  Justin and Michael are making red snapper papillote.  Shirley, Louis and Carrie are making buratta and sabayon.  Sara and Stephanie make lamb and fonduta with sharp cheddar.  After all is tasted, Team Lakshmi wins the $10,000.  Nobody gets immunity from elimination.

Elimination Challenge.  Lea Michelle (from Glee) will be the guest judge.  She is hosting a Halloween costume party and they will be catering it.  Teams of two will make two dishes.  Nina and Michael are together.  Michael is happy because Nina has been doing well.   Nina doesn’t like Michael.   Right away, Lea Michelle tells them she lives a Vegan lifestyle.  Nina is like “Oh shit, really?”  She thinks that God put animals on this earth to eat.  When Lea wants to give herself a little bit of a break, she goes to Vegetarian in which she is allowed, hold your breath, cheese (gasp), her favorite food in the world.  She’s not a sweets person.  She likes all vegetables, she’s Italian and she likes cheese, cheese, cheese.  Got it.  She loves lots of spice and loves Mexican food.  She doesn’t like beets and she doesn’t want just salads.

While food shopping, Nina is already complaining about the dish Michael has decided to make.  She calls it amateur and says a five year old could make that dish.  He’s going to weigh her down (according to her).   Here are the teams:  Red (Carlos and Travis); Yellow (Patty and Nick); Blue (Shirley and Louis); Grey (Sara and Justin); Green (Brian and Bene); Orange (Nina and Michael); and Black (Stephanie and Carrie).  When Nicholas finds out Nina and he are making the same dish, he starts to rethink it.  He thinks Nina is one of the best chefs in the kitchen.   Nicholas should realize that eventually, if he makes it to the end, he will be going head to head with the best.  There are at least three versions of  Arancini (risotto) being prepared (Michael’s being one of them).   Nina and Michael aren’t getting along.  Nina thinks Michael is lax and Michael doesn’t like that Nina thinks he’s bringing the team down.

There is a segment where the chefs go visit what is supposed to a haunted nursing home behind their guest quarters.  They don’t see any ghosts, but have fun scaring each other.  The next day, they will be completing and serving their dishes at Mardi Gras world.  Michael keeps calling Nina Boo Boo and Baby and she’s pretty much ignoring him and concentrating on her own food.

Top Chef Halloween 2Party time.  Tom, Padma, Hugh and Lea take a turn around the party and sample all the food.  The Black Team offers Doomed Shrooms (Mushrooms with Black Garlic and Radicchio) and Freaky Leeky (Ash Coated Vegetables with Fontina Fonduta).  Tom and Lea liked the food and the theme.  Team Yellow prepared a Fall Theme:  Butternut Squash Cannoli with Ricotta Salata and Lemon Arancini with Smoked Mozzarella.  Hugh asks them about the Halloween aspect to their food.  Patty tells them it’s the colors.  The judges aren’t fooled.  There is no spooky to Yellow Team’s food.   Andy Cohen’s at the party.   Moving on.  The Green team has made Spooky Spa food:  Crispy Quinoa Salad and Mushroom Espuma and Heirloom Tomato Salad with Wilted Kale.   Tom and Lea don’t seem overly impressed.

Orange Team made Candy Corn:  Ricotta Gnocchetti with Kale Pesto and The Bloody Eye:  Yellow Arancini with Saffron and Tomato Jam.  They love Nina’s Gnocchetti, but think Michael’s dish is too sweet.  The Red team made Dia De Los Muertos:  A Vegetable Civiche and Goat Cheese Fondue with Fried Zucchini.  Padma loved that both the dishes were really spicy.  The Blue Team made Severed Thumb:  Braised Quinoa and Onions with Potato Puree and Worm Salad:  Hand Cut Noodles and Fresh Daikon Radish.   Tom and Lea like the story behind the severed thumb better than the taste and love the worm salad.  Grey Team made Blood Pasta:  Beet Pasta with Green Tomatoes (Lea had told the chefs she didn’t like beets, but Justin wanted to prove her wrong).  They also made Evil Eye:  Arancini with Moroccan Tomato Chutney.  Lea didn’t spit the beet dish out at least.   Toms says another risotto ball that looks like an eyeball.  I think Team Yellow’s Arancini was the best according to the judges.

Results:  While the chefs watch, the judges deliberate.  Lea loves Patty’s Arancini.  They also liked Nicholas’ dish.  Justin, Travis and Carlos were also liked by the judges.  The judges didn’t like that Nina’s dish was good and Michael’s dish was not because, as a team, they should be tasting each other’s dishes and helping each other.  When Nina hears this, she starts preparing herself to go home.   The judges also weren’t fond of Brian and Bene’s salad offerings (Green team).

Top Chef Halloween 3Padma calls in Nicholas, Patty, Carlos and Travis.  They are the top two teams.  Lea announces the best two dishes and they are:  Carlos and Travis, the Red Team.  Lea asks them to go back to LA with her.

Up for elimination are the Orange and Green teams.  They are afraid they will be sending a team instead of an individual home since they announced two winners.  Top Chef Halloween 4Bene and Brian are told Lea wanted the opposite of Spa Quisine and didn’t like that they made two salads, too predictable because Lea eats vegan.   They needed to stand out.  Michael’s dish was too sweet.  Padma tells Nina that Michael’s dish should have been as important to her as her own dish.  Michael is asked to pack his knives and go.  He will be joining Janine in the Last Chance Kitchen.

lck janine vs michaelLast Chance Kitchen:  The curse of the Risotto.  Since it seems Risotto (Arancini) has contributed to the demise of many a Top Chef contestant, the Last Chance Kitchen challenge will have Janine and Michael making a Risotto dish.  Having an Italian background, Michael thinks he has this one in the bag.  While being observed by the losers (eliminated contestants) Ramon, Jason, Aaron and Bret, Janine makes a mushroom based risotto and Michael, who can’t seem to find any butter, makes more of a cream based risotto.  Janine’s risotto wins, so she lives to see another day.  The men seem to be falling like flies.

____________________________________________

This entry was posted in Top Chef. Bookmark the permalink.

257 Responses to Top Chef New Orleans Season 11 Episode 5

1. california35 says:

Good morning, Happy Friday!!

2. Lulu says:

Good Morning!!!! A shame that last night’s trick or treating ended early due to rain. The governor had a fabulous time! DH dressed up as a skeleton/zombie thing? This morning is beautiful! Aside from the unwelcomed guests!!! Yikes!!

How was the Govs haul?

• Lulu says:

Huge Powell!!! We bought LOTs of candy since we live in an area were there are tons of kids. Despite grabbing handfuls and putting it in the trick or treater’s bags. We have 3 unopened bags…….Plus what we allowed Governor to keep. The rest I gave to DH to give to his coworkers.

3. Lulu says:

Thank you BB!!!!! I really want to like this season! It’s NOLA! I helped out a kitchen there and even staged at a famous one! But I just can’t get into it!

This season is OK, but nothing spectacular so far. Maybe this show, like many other Bravo offerings, has run it’s course. It’s like one of those shows to watch in a marathon on a day when you don’t have anything else going on. Maybe it will get more interesting as the season goes along.

I haven’t really gotten into this season & I was excited to cuz their in NOLA. I did see some of the end of an epi where they made a desert that a couple ladies never made before and they ended up doing a great job and being in the top 3 the judges were impressed with. I’ve got to watch.

I too am having a hard time getting into Top Chef. My theory is Emeril. He should be a guest, once in a blue moon blah blah blah one episode only guest. I know I’m going to hear it from some of his fans. I just don’t think he belongs on Top Chef and is ruining the franchise. This is the Colicchios, Padma and Gail show and it should remain that with different guest judges.
      I know New Irleans should obviously have Emeril BUT they have other great chefs there too.

Emeril wasn’t in this episode.

He’s been on a few episodes this season and was on the promo for this season. I’m talking in general. I don’t mind Ripert, Bourdain or even Allen. I prefer Wolfgang Puck if Producers feel the need to have a celebrity chef. Again, these celebrity chef are not my cup of tea and should be on the show for one appearance only.

VV I think that’s why I left top chef or as lulu called it- Top Hooker —

That may be it….ha

Chianina,
          The sad part is I don’t even cook lol.

I have been slacking watching it this season for some reason.

VV I finally watched the BO show. Beth and Omarosa. I hope O got her 10,000$
            I didn’t find it as crazy an episode as everyone described on blogs. I think B was shocked a guest wanted to actually speak instead of being spoked AT.

And ps on gossip table marianne verified (and I believe her) that B would never pick up a check when they went out. E-v-e-r
            It was quite awkward.

Betheny is known to be cheap. I think that in part is why Julie left. She knew that her paycheck got as high as it could and there were no more promotions even after B hit the Jackpot with the Beam deal. IMO.

That’s what makes the scene laughable when she’s paying for the countess/countless’ surfing lessons and says “why is the broke girl paying for everyone”

Ughhhhh 🚽hugging

Gooood morning. TGIF everyone. The power went out in my area @3 something this morning. I woke up about 4:30 cuz I feel asleep w/tv on & the no tv sound & light I woke up. 1st thing I thought, “I paid the electric bill right?”. Then I went down stairs & looked out the window & the street lights are out. So its the neighborhood. Cordless phones don’t work w/o power where I have the power company phone # stored. So now I’ve got to find a bill. I go to the recycling in the dark & then realize I may have this months bill on my dresser. Ah ha. There it is. I go to the guestroom to use the old corded phone & find the power outage is in my zipcode w/6am restoration. Thk goodness the power came OM about 5:40 cuz I had a doctor’s appt & it wasn’t going to be fun to get a ladder to pull the manual rope to open the garage. I went to
    doc, then the drugstore & its powering down rain. I hate driving in blinding rain. Now I’m home. Whewww. A longgggg morning but again TGIF. 🙂 I hope you’re having a fab day.

It’s funny you’ve had so much rain where you live and we’ve had none this week, since we’re not THAT far apart. We are expecting some this weekend though.

• Lulu says:

What a day!! Powell you win! What a perfect day to catch up on Master’s of Sex!!! 🙂

Powell you always seem to get the worse of the storms coming from the south before us- as you are south of me lol.
      We had major major winds last night. It’s a balmy high 60s right now.
      All I remember is this time last year living by candlelight !
      💡🚱📵📴🔥🔥

Hope you are doing ok.

I didn’t watch my Thurs shows last night. I couldn’t help myself. I had to watch my fav Vincent Price. His horror movies aren’t scary to me. I just love his horror films.

Project Runway – can you believe that the judges kept Jeffrey over the others? Must have been something I couldn’t see. His design was hideous. I will miss Daniel – he’s one of the nice guys.

Almost 100 tricksters came to my door last night – waaaaay more than in the past. Good thing my husband over-bought on the treats.

I’m really liking the show that follows Project Runway – $1 Million Shoppers. Really get to see a lot of fashion and they don’t over do the drama like on other shows.

It’s Friday, the sun is shining, I haven’t turned my furnace on yet (saving on the utility bill!) and it’s going to be a great weekend. Good things to all of you – especially those who were in the path of the storms.

• Anne says:

In terms of design, I thought that Jeffrey’s was the worst too. However, it seems to me from the editing last episode and this episode (confessionals and reaction shots) that the producers are setting up conflict between Jeffrey and Mychal (who were on the same season). I am wondering if we will see them both until the end.

I was suprised that Ari was sent home last week too. I wonder if the producers are sending home the quieter personalities first. It will be interesting to see who goes home next week.

Anne, it did cross my mind that Jeffrey didn’t go home because someone is setting up a sub-plot with him and others. If you saw the poll at the bottom of the screen, the people who voted during the show last night voted to send Jeffrey home by a large margin. And, for what it’s worth, I really don’t like that Alyssa person and her two cent comments. Keep them to yourself; you’re not qualified to speak on the level of Georgina or Izaak (sorry if the spelling of names is off).

Alyssa is ridiculous !
          And when I was young I LOVED getting a cold because I could sound nasal 👃like her. I know I’m weird.

She has NO place on a fashion show. She’s married to a big agent. He must have gotten her the gig.

• Anne says:

I missed the poll, but I’m not surprised. I did not like Jeffrey during his season. In fact, I don’t know anyone else who watched that liked him. He’s lucky that there isn’t audience voting about the runway and who stays.

I also wondered if the producers are trying to set up a conflict between Irina and Elena (since both are a little dramatic). I didn’t care much for Irina during her season. I found her know-it-all personality very grating, although I thought she clearly was the winner that season. Strangely, I found Elena’s histrionics much more problematic during her season than I am this season. Maybe its editing — maybe I’ve become accustomed to it after last season.

As far as Alyssa is concerned, I find her delivery to be very wooden, almost as if she is repeating lines as fed to her by a producer. I have not really liked any of the All-Star hosts yet. It’s hard to replicate Heidi Klum. I’m a huge fan of Tim Gunn, but I also like the new mentor for All-Stars.

Anne Irina was the worst. She and Gretchen – that other winner.
            Banging my head. 🙇🙇🙇

• Anne says:

Yeah — I agree. Not a Gretchen fan. I still don’t understand that win. But, I’m definitely not a fashionista. Most of the time, I can’t pick the winner or a challenge, although I usually get the loser right (not always).

Yeah it’s always funny Anne when I picked correctly – who the judges will like or dislike. And it sometimes never matches what I like myself. Lol

Husker —-

I remember now, LOVING michael from his season. Such a nice nice guy and major talent. Look how quickly he made that grey beauty up. Love him.

I know Elena is a Wackjob but I love her. I’d be crying every day like her too. And for some reason I can take her histrionics but not stupid Helen from this past season.

Daniel was such a sweet man. I hate seeing him go

—- I completely find it unfair to have winners on. Completely
      And what has Irina done to her face ? She looks like Brandi from Beverly Hills ! Calm down …..

I expect a major meltdown from Irina this year.

Knowing you don’t like that there’s previous winners, I am pulling for Seth Aaron. I would never in a million years wear anything he designs, but I like him so much!

I can’t imagine what it’s like to work in that room with Elena screaming and crying. I’m major sound sensitive. I think I might throw my scissors at her. But her first two designs have been really good.

Amazed at how Michael totally redid his design and ended up winning. I like that he uses color and not that boring black that everyone else does.

• Anne says:

I had mixed feelings about having winners participate, primarily because I did not like either Irina or Jeffrey during their seasons. I agree, I’d like to see Seth Aaron make it to the end, although I would be happy to have someone who hasn’t previously won, win the season. One of my personal favorites is Korto (sp?) — I liked her clothes during her season, her slightly snarky comments and fact that she is shaped like most of the women I know and not a size 2 like many of the other female designers on the show this All-Stars season. Yep — I’m a sizist!

I love seth Aaron’s personality too. Was very happy he won that year.
          He can make top 3. I’ll give him that. That’s it then let someone else win ! Lol

I would need ear plugs I get it. Id be in the bathroom bawling my eyes out. The producers would need to put a special boom mike in the bathroom for my tears. Haha

7. catmom1 says:

Completely OT. One of our local pizza parlors is running the best radio ad, imploring people to teach their children to like good pizza, not bad pizza. My favorite line in this ad is, “People who like bad pizza are responsible for the Kardashians and manscaping.”

Shooting at LAX going on right now. No planes are taking off or landing at present.
    People have been shot. 😦

NMD – too funny – “Andy Cohen was there. Moving on.” ahahahahaha!!! loved that – we got 103 trick or treaters this year – I know this because my wonderful and funny husband went and bought a ton of full size candy bars – twix – reeses, snickers and kit kat – and gave one out to each trick or treater and kept count – I asked him why he got the full size bars and he said that the kids got gyped twice on Halloween and this time he wanted them to get a special treat – he was right – there was one little boy, maybe 7 or 8, that when he realized that it was a full size candy bar looked at my husband and said “wow, thanks Mister!!!! DAD!!!! it’s a full size candy bar!! that’s so cool!!! thanks again Mister!!!” he was just too cute – Mr. Shamrock took last night off from work so he was home all night as he knows what a big chicken I am – I had nightmares for a week after watching Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein, and as I would have been home alone – twins at their Dad’s house and daughter out with friends – he knew that the spookies would get to me –

thanks again for the recap NMD – mucho appreciated as always!!

Anyone catch Andy’s “shade” at Simon /ny and a bit of Teresa/ Caro on WWH last night. Funny

You get spooked easily shamrock – awwwww

• shamrockblonde says:

oh you have no idea – I can’t even watch Sleepy Hollow at night, let alone TWD – pretty sure I can’t watch that one at all – Sleepy Hollow only during the day – and yet, Stephen King is one of my two farorite authors, the other being Tom Clancy – may God rest his soul –

You’re so cute !

Stephen King, may be that he’s more a thriller ? Mystery type? You may just love his particular style of writing

• shamrockblonde says:

I love reading – always have – and I especially like reading books that I can “see” unfolding in my mind – Tom Clancy had a great gift for that as does Stephen King, and JK Rowling – although I have no wish to “see” 50 shades of grey unfolding in my mind!!!!

Oh Shamrock, I was at the Tom Hanks movie and Sunday, and saw a great trailer for a new move – Clancy’s Jack Reacher! I can’t remember the name of the movie, but it looked great!

• shamrockblonde says:

oohhh that would be Jack Ryan: Shadow One with the delicious Chris Pine as Jack Ryan – double the yuummy – great writer and very yummy star – I think it opens Christmas Day

• shamrockblonde says:

ack!!! – thanks BB for the recap!!!!! –

10. Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Ok so this is fun…if you want to see someone mostly naked and maybe mostly drunky

ASHY- it’s not a Friday (and right before you and I return on RH Atlanta!!) without your BEERS 🍻🍻🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Oh crap-Brandi made me forget about my Friday 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍻🍻🍻🍻

I just saw the cover of Star. Wowsa. Your girl’s getting some Comma ✅

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

My girl? Who? Certainly you do not mean LR-she ain’t my boo!!!!!

BBB

I think the issues with Leann and Eddie ….

Whatevs

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

The story is crazy-it says that Eddie texts Brandi to complain about crazy LR and Brandi is more than happy to let him unburden himself to her….if that is true then Brandi is totally off her damn rocker!!!

oh, father of my boys, blah blah blah. Hope she is wiser. (what am I saying…. who am I kidding)

Why oh why isn’t someone helping her from herself?

OMG, another thing Brandi and I have in common – we both run around in bra, garter belt, and thong w/high heels to greet guests….. NOT. WTH?

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I can’t even with her stupidity!! Really was the thong necessary??? And the stripper pole in her bedroom? She acts like she is in her 20’s!!! She looks like a fool!!!

Exactly.

O. M. G. That’s right, I went all caps. What the eff was that?! I don’t even know where to begin…..speechless.

Lulu…The Producers take.

• Lulu says:

Nancy very interesting interview. I wondered why the brutal exchange happened between Virginia and Dr Haas. That just seemed like it was from the complete left field. I don’t know if I necessarily agree that that scene was needed to show men were just as violent then as they are now.

RE: Gay reformation
      To clarify Dr Masters targeted a very specific group of men and women who were sexually abused by the same sex. Then later in life used that type of sex to relive the trauma. Big difference between those men and women who are born homosexual.

Miss cast of Virginia:
      I was watching an old episode of sex and the city. It dawned on me that one of the reasons why it was and still is popular is because of the rich character development. Sarah Jessica Parker owns that role of Carrie Bradshaw. In fact so do Kim Catrall, Cynthia Nixon and Kristen Davis. I don’t see it in Lizzy Caplan who would be better suited for bad grandpa or one of those other movies.

Lulu LOL at your last sentence.

This weekend I shall watch the PILOT

I promised Nancy 👐

Lulu…funny that you think that as I do too. I think she over acts. Even her voice is
        different when she acts as I’ve heard her talk in interviews. They could have done better.

I also agree with you on the “slap” episode. IMHO it wasn’t needed but maybe that’s
          what happened in 1956? Pretty sad.

• lulu says:

In all honesty what relevance does it have to the show?? The fifties was a different time but are people that much different today? Is the series focused on Dr Master’s work? Or his sex life?

I’m not sure why she felt that scene needed to be put in other than “it” was happening
              at the times. (in the 50’s) From a sexual standpoint we are very different from the
              50’s plus that was a time that us wives took orders from our husbands. Your last
              question…they are one in the same.

• lulu says:

You imagine that?? We were a nation of “yes honey!”. Well not everyone but most.

Pretty sad, eh? I have a feeling I wouldn’t be one of them. I have a hard time
                  taking orders from doctors!!!!! lol

• lulu says:

She even sucks in her sex scenes!!!! The blondes are more into it!!! 😉

That may be true but she’s not emotionally involved with her sex partners so that
            might be the reason you see it that way.

12. cusi77 says:

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Thank you BB for Blogging Top Chef!

Not ONE kid came to knock at my door… It was raining! Someone wants Popcorn?

O/T

Yesterday I found a note on my front door from my neighbor from downstairs.
    He rents his apartment and happens that his tenant is not “enjoying” his stay here because there is a loud voices and noise from my apartment during the day and moaning 3 – 4 a night… YIKES!

I am more inclined to think that (he is in the first floor, street level) in front of us there is a public parking lot, very active, and when people enter or leave, they down the car window to take there ticket and MUST of them have the radio on pretty LOUD!

The letter is friendly, but lead me to think that probably IF his tenant leaves… can he sue me? This is not about being renting and if I don’t like the neighbors I can leave… I would have to sell!!!

All advice is welcome!!!! What the heck is “Moaning”?

• cusi77 says:

OOoops: Not MUST, but MOST of the people leaving have their radio on with very loud music… mostly RAP!

• Loud Voices? From Your apartment? Moaning? from your apartment? The guy sounds like a nut. No, he cannot sue you.

This is America! Anybody can sue.

• cusi77 says:

You know me well Mel, you know that is not true! You stayed for more than 4 days in the same building where I was living and we stayed most of the time in my apartment talking, having fun and you met my husband and you know what kind of people we are…

I think the guy wants out of the lease… the noise from the Parking building (Remember when we came to see these apartments with you the first time in March?) The parking lot can be very noisy (?) three or 5 cars per minute, entering and going out… This is downtown and there are not spaces to park on the streets, so people use this parking building to go party around.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

So who is doing the “moaning”???? That is one busy parking lot!!!

• cusi77 says:

Hahah! And some people “park” in front of this guy window after partying and drinking… to talk, drunk talk! Plus the moaning that come from the parking lot!!1 Haa!

• Well, That cat is out of the bag 😀

That’s how I know this complaint is bullshit. Neither one of you are loud people. Yes, I was at the complex when I was there and you were touring potential apartments getting ready to buy. I think you may be right about guy wanting to get out of his lease. Remember too what the number one broken rule in you complex is… NO RENTING, must be owner occupied,.. Sue you? I think not 😉

• cusi77 says:

Yes, that is the rule… but just for the people who buys after December 31, 2006. He bought before that date… either way, that rule was done when the real estate market was HOT and people were buying with no down payment, Etc. So the previous owners of that date are “Not supposed” to rent… they do it! This young man who owns downstairs has the right to rent.

Btw. I met Jeff in March in Chicago and he is an amazing man… I felt I knew him like forever… He is kind, witty, a real gentleman and I have him close to my heart! He is a real friend! The real deal!

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I always kind of knew that it was Cusi Jeff….I’m happy the cat is out…hope it’s not MOANING!!!

Cusi I’m sorry this makes me laugh. I’m sorry for your trouble.
      My friend had a similar situation but she OWNS and is on her co-op board. She got a note from her downstairs or same floor (I forget) from her neighbor saying too loud sounds “at night” …..
      I think she was a troublemaker. They’ve calmed down the problem with her.
      I used to hear my neighbors in my apartment building have super loud fights and also very loud sex some nights. Crazy. Very thin walls in our building.
      I’m sorry I’m sure nothing bad will come from this !

• lulu says:

CUSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-4 times a week!!!!! Bow chicka bowwow!!!

• AZGirl says:

This is between the landlord and tenant and has nothing to do with you. If the landlord/owner contacts you again just tell him he has the wrong apartment.

• cusi77 says:

Thank you AZGirl! What bothers me is that the letter the owner wrote to me was that the noise from MY apartment was “affecting” the enjoyment of his home… Ya’ know… the 3-4 times of moaning per night coming from my apartment! (we are rabbits ,btw)

LOL a most hilarious and very interesting thread! Not that I should be surprised at all to hear you and MTH are indeed wonderful and gracious people! 🙂

13. LOL BB, your recap, “He does now” is EXACTLY what I said when I watched it!!!

After all the rain we got at around 3 the sun came out shining & its 70 degrees. BB & chismosa you can have any rain that’s coming our way this weekend. Today was enough for me.

Lulu I can imagine the Govs face light up w/the trick or treaters. Aiden will be into it next yr. That’ll be fun for your family.

16. Cityside says:

Been missing lately, but if you click on the link I posted earlier you will know why.

Anyhoo, I have one word to say for those who know me……..

DANG.

Cardinal Nation

• cusi77 says:

I like her very much and if she does not do surgery and what not, she MIGHT probably look that way… because we have seen Mama Elsa… not pretty! How old is she? 36? She thinks she will look that way at 72? I doubt it.. She looks more than 80 with that make up… Wow with the people who did her make up! She is a great sport!

You are right Cusita. She is aging very well I have to say and doesn’t look Beverly Hills inflated and plumped.

Her costumes every single year are amazing.
        They even sometimes make me MOAN. Hahahhahaaaa

(Sorry couldn’t resist )😹

Cityside!!!!! – congratulations!!!!! – she looked absolutely beautiful and I LOVE the blue shoes!! this is an Irish Blessing that my family makes at all of these occasions – for the Bride and Groom –

May God be with you and Bless you
    May you see your children’s children
    May you be poor in misforturnes
    and rich in blessings
    May you know nothing but
    happiness from this day forward

*hugs cityside really hard*

Sneak Peeks at RHOBH and RHOA. Don’t care about Atlanta, but the Beverly Hills one is interesting. http://www.bravotv.com/videos/premiere-week-sneak-peeks#

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Thanks for the link BB-I just watched them all!

Thanks for the link BB. What did Yolanda lie about? Is this left over from S3? I don’t remember Kyle and Yolanda discussing about lying? Dies this has to do with SpaceCadet Kim saying she didn’t make arrangements with Yofo about the Master Cleansing and Yofo saying they did? Is Kyle stirring the pot AS USUAL?

I will admit naming your kids Mystery, Destiny and Cross is a little odd. The kids are the ones that have to endure being made fun of…

I saw the Intro. Why is Kyle first and Lisa last? Did Kyle promise more Paris and Kathy Hilton? Is Nicky making an appearance too?

Hi VV…I think it’s about a conversation that happened in Europe.

Refresh my mind 😳?

When Yolanda was talking to Kim. She said something negative about Lisa and it
            was brought up at the reunion that started a fight between Yolanda & Kyle.

So, was Yofo lying about Lisa?

See, I remember Kim getting very agitated at the reunion with Yofo because Yofo said that Kim stood her up twice or something like that with the Master Cleansing. Kim was very upset with Yofo about it BUT Kim can be a little Diva too.

I remember Yolanda saying to Kim that Lisa really doesn’t care about her.
                Somehow this started a feud between Kyle and Yolanda as Kyle accused her of
                lying.

19. chismosa™ says:

ASH— are you on Barf’s show on Monday? That’s her birthday. But I don’t know if she is taping live or for a later date

Just please tuck your purse ALL THE WAY under your chair. I am reading brands of the audiences purses under the fold outs. Have so much fun!
    (I may be wrong on the date ….)

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

The 4th-Tuesday I think-I forgot all about it!!!

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Oops Monday is the 4th!!! I need to text my sister cause idk when we are going!!

I’m going on Tuesday the 5th-for sure

Wear RED 🔴💃!

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I don’t think I own anything red! I went to see Martha Stewarts show years ago and we were supposed to wear red b/c it was a Christmas show and I didn’t have a single red item in my closet…I can’t remember what I ended up wearing

I saw on Oprah once that people wear red because they can be spotted easily and the camera loves red. You can pop out from the audience 👀

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I went to Oprahs show when she came to NY-it was dreadfully boring-it was just a one on one interview with Fergie(The once royal) -we couldn’t even hear what they were saying to each other. I don’t remember what color I wore but I’m sure not red!!

Nice to know VV

Pop it ! 💥💥

I’m counting down the minutes……. 🕛🕧🕐🕢🕣🕕🕠🔜🔜🔜🔜

I bet B be extra nice that day on set. We know she lurks and knowing one of ours is going she has to play the part.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I hope she rolls out the red carpet for me-maybe there will even be a banner and a parade? Hundreds of people standing around with signs that say
                “JnnTJ™ is HERE”..and a creepy gift bag with SkinnyGirl written on the side!!!

I’m shocked, …. /sarcasm. I guess Couples Therapy doesn’t work for everyone.

“She’s got her whole life ahead of her to love again! After two very controversial years of marriage, Courtney Stodden has separated from her much-older actor husband Doug Hutchison, a source confirms to Us Weekly. RadarOnline first broke the story that the buxom model and reality star, 19, and the former Lost actor, 53, were going their separate ways; no word yet on whether either party has filed divorce papers.

During their courtship and throughout their marriage, much was made about the considerable age disparity between the pair — and Stodden’s countless, photo shoots in barely-there swimsuits and less.

According to the source, Stodden’s unusual fame — which she parlayed into a role on a recent season of Celebrity Big Brother in the UK — was a key factor in the couple’s split.

• cusi77 says:

Are these two the couple that went to therapy with Simon and Alex McCord?

• lulu says:

Yes no surprise there! Wonder if she’s trading up?

That relationship gave me the creeps.

Is everyone feeling better in your house Lulu? Including the dog. 🙂

• lulu says:

Yes!!!! I’m relieved its all over!! No more bagged salad in this household ever or porkchops!

Make sure your cutting boards are clean. We eat bagged salads here a lot!!!!
              May have to rethink that one.

• lulu says:

The kicker I always rinse bagged salad!!!! You always see ecoli or samonella poisoning in association to salad. But campylobactor is found there as well!?!?!?

I stopped buying bagged salad when I found a dead moth at the bottom of the bag. After we’d eaten most of it. I do still buy bagged baby spinach, but I empty it to check it for critters and then re-bag it, but I suppose i am fooling myself as the actual critter (that I can see) is not actually dangerous, it’s the microbes that are unseeable that pose the threat. So I guess I will rinse and dry it from now on. It won’t last as long, I fear.

Lulu…here’s another funny one. “Ginger is not made of glass” Remember that one?
          I’m wondering how many takes have to be reshot because the actors couldn’t stop
          laughing?

• lulu says:

Hmm familiar…………… was it scullys daughter??? After or during her “first” time??

I know!!! Must have been fun!!! How does Michael Sheen deliver some of those lines straight faced!!! Too funny!

That reminds me the issue with ms lizzy caplan is no chemistry with Michael Sheen. Wouldn’t that be important?????

“”Ginger is not made of glass” That was said when Dr Masters was spanking that
              prostitute. I almost died laughing.

I know what happened between them in real life so that’s a hard one to answer.
              IMHO the two actors don’t have that spark between them. Let me take that back.
              She’s not interested in him.

• lulu says:

That was a hysterical scene!!!!!! Omg!!! Love he had a glove on his hand!

No interest, uncomfortable with the content, and awkward!

I wish I knew how they really were with each other at this time in their relationship.
                  Have you noticed how short his pants are all the time? Check it out on Sunday.

Yup.

They’re splitting up? Imagine that!

21. Noelle says:

Look @ this!!
    I CAN Post….no piggy~back!!!

Y’all have a nice LIFE!
    Won’t EVER be back!!
    Later Bitches!!
    😉

What a sweetie pie!

23. cusi77 says:

Nitol! On my way to moan…

B news:

Don’t Warren Be Hoppy! 😆 😆 😆

Small Ratings Bump STILL Doesn’t Help Bethenny Frankel, Show Remains At #14 | Radar Online: http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/10/bethenny-frankel-small-bump-in-ratings/#.UnRyqzh24gs.twitter

Loving it ….. Maybe Jill will help spike the ratings. #WEARRED 🔴

Not sure if you read my response to you above about watching B & O in the show. Not as crazy as I thought it would be. …. ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Also, when did she let slip on her show she’s dating someone ? Every episode is “oh whoa is me when I pick myself up off the bed and stop crying and look at another man again …” ALL the time ? Hmmmm. Id love to know when this slip happened

I found the entire exchange between O & B and I guess after all the fuzz made about it didn’t think it was as over the top either. They both have strong personalities and an Bethenny lost $10000. I bet she’ll think twice next time when claiming she didn’t say something on National TV. Bravo is not there to edit it out and make it go away.

Yup. Glad to see you see it as I did. 👍

Also I’m noticing a correlation with WWH guests then going on Beth’s show and I think Andy is asking some to do that. Just a theory
          November is sweeps!! 🚜🔫🔫💣

Good morning! Well, well, never know what you can mIss a day away from youse guys! 🙂

BB – Thank you for Top Chef! Thanks also for the RH links and Jill for the BH links. Note to Brandi – you are not 20 and on an MTV reality show! Buckleup buttercup BH in a few days! ATL too!

Time changes back one hour tonight!

Did anyone notice that big Band-Aid on Brandi’s knee? I would have worn slacks that day. And Yolanda’s hair? Not a good hair day for her.

Yofo looked terrible on that clip with Brandi but she was also very sick this year.

Yo wears very long extensions no? Sometimes it’s very obvious. I would think a woman with her 💲💲💲🏧💳💶💷💵💴💰money could afford like the most expensive extensions ever made.

Chiani,

Kim’s daughter Brooke got her Real Estate license about 2 months ago. She went to work for uncle Rick…
          I wonder why she didn’t go with uncle Mauricio…
          She’s probably like her mom. They always side with the wealthiest one.

I’ll cut her some slack because she was sick and when you are sick you probably don’t feel like getting all dolled up.

Yo’s hair always looks bad. Her hair is like straw. Over processed to death.

27. lulu says:

Good morning!!!! This momma is having a much needed relaxing morning! The simple pleasures in life for me is enjoying a cup of coffee!!! Watching scrubbing in and I’m on the fence with this series. I think what nurses do is very interesting! Too little hospital a lot of their (partying) lives.

If Kim has a very good relationship with Producer Dave Rupel, that explains her still being on the show. Every year I want Kim’s job. Anybody would get fired for never showing up to work. Kim somehow manages to keep hers.

kimrichards11’s photo http://instagram.com/p/cjoqnxBxu7/

Anyone here getting the vibe that Adrienne’s boyfriend is gay?

@AdrienneMaloof: More fun from last night’s party with family and friends #halloween #trickortreat http://t.co/nnVRaoO5BN

Original Message:

@JohnnyTheGrk: Great pic of @PDKhair & @daniellestaub last night at @SonCubanoNJ ‘s #HalloweenOnTheHudson Party http://t.co/EvE2EJORLX

Original Message:

I didn’t know that restaurant had a NJ location – i used to love that place – years back.

Danielle – I’m sorry you can’t pull that top off.
      Still wish you were coming back to RH!

Alex McCord’s The Real Deal.
    I Alex is creating drama by giving a title of “The Real Reason RHOM Divas won’t be back next season” because to my knowledge there is nothing yet to say this show is not coming back! If it doesn’t I wouldn’t be too surprised, but Alex’s title is misleading in my opinion! She also needs to do something about the audio echo in her videos! End of rant.

About the audio, yes. There’s a simple solution. They’re using the microphone ON the camera. They need to use a mic clipped to the front of her top. They’re not all that expensive.

35. lulu says:

Nancy any ideas why Dr Masters was a recluse, socially awkward, and hard to get to know in general. But then in his 40’s decides to take on sex research?