Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta

Week two of the Atlanta ladies.

Kandi and Kenya made the rounds last week on WWHL and Bethenny.  They are friendly – which should not be confused with friends.  As far as I can tell Kandi is friendly with everyone except for Kim Zolciak, who refused to share the $100,000 she earned from Tardy for the Party with Kandi and her crew.  Kandi says they are heading back to court so Kandi can prove that Kim should have paid her – even if court costs eat up all the proceeds that the single brought in.  Perhaps she should let it go …

Kenya didn’t go to NeNe’s wedding because she was in Africa.  I’m pretty sure I knew that from twitter – which makes me pretty sure NeNe knew that as well despite Kenya not RSVPing.  NeNe has threatened to sue Kenya because Kenya tugged on her ear last episode.  I don’t think she means it – but it’s good for the drama.  All of this is nonsense – which we’ve come to expect from Kenya.

Kenya was also texting Apollo – Phaedra’s husband.  I don’t know if this occurred last year (and was discussed at the reunion) or if the texting continued.  She should knock it off.  It is not cool to go after your castmate’s husband.  There are plenty of single men in the world.

Porsha’s ex went on the radio to explain to the world that he was “all man” after she mentioned the rumors that he was gay on national TV.  Kendall Stewart’s baby mama was on the show on earlier seasons, and I suspect he encouraged Porsha to try out for the show.  It serves him right.  I couldn’t care less if he is or is not gay – but he treated Porsha like crap – and that makes him much less than 100% man IMHO.

And then there is Cynthia.  Cynthia is one of the most beautiful housewives on the franchise.  She also seems like a genuinely nice person and a true friend to NeNe.  I hope she’s saving her money from the show, because Peter Thomas may love her – but he’s not that good with business and he’s got a whole lot of kids to support.

These ladies are still bringing in solid ratings, and Bravo had better treat them well.

______________________________________

This entry was posted in Atlanta. Bookmark the permalink.

247 Responses to Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta

1. I thought it was $80k… I guess it earned a few dollars more. Kandi should have put something in writing if this was going to be such an issue for her.

As for the rest, enjoy the show ladies..

Bring on the peaches! 😀

3. ItzAngeeDuh says:

I’m ready to chat!

“People think they have me figured out but I’m always the wild card.” – Kenya

This one is in for a rude awakening.

6. ItzAngeeDuh says:

Does Kenya not have any friends? Why is she crying about these women she just met, not calling her?

Good for NeNe.

Cynthia…whaaaaat?!

9. Stars99 says:

I kind of don’t care how much, “Don’t Be Tardy for the Party” made… It is about the “principle” of the thing… Kandi is the one provided everything in which to record it… all Kim did was faux sing for it – and even at that Kandi had to completely auto tune it… I’m not even talking about the arranging, etc. How can someone with half a brain think it’s okay NOT to give any money to the person doing 98% of the work and who actually incurred costs to do said work? Sure, Kandi didn’t have an official contract and that was silly of her… but this was all on film… for a TV show…(I highly doubt Bravo paid the musicians, engineers, etc., no?)… and Kim was at least sort of a “friend.” I don’t get how some people sleep at night after they knowingly screw others…

Kim is a #1 opportunist. I sure hope her husband has some money stashed away.

• Have you MET KimZB on this show?

• Stars99 says:

Sighs, I know, I know… I guess on some things, I’m an eternal optimist… It was such an obvious thing to me… I could never do that… Even in the music industry… the ones singing the songs aren’t who get the money for their actual recordings as much… they make their money from tours and stuff… I mean they get SOME money for the recordings… but not much, right, Mr. Music Hound? Or am I hallucinating?

David Foster would have taken 60%.

• I know very little about the music industry. I just know that people who can’t sing should not be making money for doing it. Barnum was wrong. There isn’t a sucker born every minute, there is a whole group of them born every minute and sadly, that rate is growing.

• Cartwheels says:

I agree, I don’t care if Kandi has to spend more money that she would ever make of the deal. Kim knows that if it wasn’t for Kandi that song would had never been popular, the proof is in the pudding, she has recorded two other songs and nobody has ever heard of them, what Kim did was crappy and I am glad that Kandi will not let her get away with it.
      Kim is used to get the goods and not pay for them, maybe this will teach her a lesson but I doubt it.

Phaedra was her attorney, bad idea to me, but I wonder if she showed the show tapes? She could have subpoenaed Bravo for the unedited version.

Peter is an ass.

11. Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I’m late-what’s wrong with Cynthia??

Time for crazy Kenya. I’m guessing the ladies wish she had stayed in Chi town.

13. lillybee says:

I am hating Kandi’s hair this season.

In all caught up on M&J. Very good series. I’ll say I think the Provost’s wife knows what the big O is now after 30 yrs of marriage.

15. ItzAngeeDuh says:

Ugh! The lawyer works my nerves

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

The lawyer makes me laugh-I don’t take anything she says seriously. She is shady but funny. I think she has a lot of things she is hiding but I like when she acts shady to Kenya!!

• Stars99 says:

Can you ever imagine going to Phaedra as a lawyer or as your mortician? I mean first she’d stab you then she’d slab you…

• Cartwheels says:

I am the same, her first season I disliked her a lot, but them I started looking at her like some kind of cartoon character and got better, now I am all for her one liners.

I can always let a lot go if the ladies grace me with a good belly laugh.

• Stars99 says:

Cartwheels – Isn’t that the way we should handle most of these guys – no matter the franchise? Just point and laugh…

• Cartwheels says:

That is the way I do it, what bothers me is the double standard and the pretense that one is better than the other, after all they are all in this shows.
            I am all for having fun and that is why I like Atlanta the best, those girls know how to throw shade and laugh at their own foolishness and keep it moving, some of them would never be friends but at least they do not try to fool us by pretending the opposite.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I like ATL for the same reasons Cartwheels-NeNe makes me laugh and she has the best one lines ever-I don’t think these ladies take everything so seriously. I kind of feel like they are in on the joke. The SHADE in ATL is the BEST!!!

Me too

“she rented” OMG that was funny!

17. cusi77 says:

If Small heads= small brains…

Does that mean … big butts = being full of BS?

18. lulu says:

Chimosa in august Michael Sheen dated Caitlin Fitzgerald. There are really creepy paparazzi photos of them!!! On a side note omg the paparazzi is invasive!!! They were stalking them!!! Wow that is sick their should be rules a “anti stalking” rule.

Thank-you lulu!!!!!! I knew I read it but just can’t find it right now.

She’s a lot younger than him I think.

I have to look that up online. She is stunning

I didn’t know! She was in one of those Nancy Meyers movies with Meryl Streep and Alec baldwin

19. ItzAngeeDuh says:

Ooh trouble in the lawyers house!

Is Peter really that stupid?

21. Cartwheels says:

Apollo, Apollo, Apollo
    Please do not pretend for a second that you are not a kept man
    I was hoping that he was smart enough to realize that if Phaedra said jump he would ask “how high”, maybe he needs to actually work a 9-5 regular job with minimum pay (due to background check) as a reminder that all he has is due to the good will of his wife.

Oh God. No ones coming for Kenya. Walter didn’t even come for her.

23. lulu says:

Lol Nancy ob’s are probably the most used to talking about sex.???

24. cusi77 says:

Haa! Phaedra looks like she is going to a funeral!!!!

25. ItzAngeeDuh says:

Kenya’s lipstick is horrid

26. lulu says:

Poor cynthia she looks sick

You did at the reunion imply something happened. You’re a liar Kenya.

• Cartwheels says:

Yes she did.
      I am glad bravo backed it up with those clips because Kenya totally implied that the texts were inappropriate and she also said that about aids.

Kenya totally crossed the line, those comments were not remotely funny, they were malicious and mean spirited. Twirl on that Kenya.

28. chismosa™ says:

Ok Nancy I’m going to avert my eyes to any comments you make because I want to go in FRESH as a flower to MOS

Apologizing now

If Apollo had played it out for you Kenya you would have taken it.

Kandi looks like she was made by Mattel in this steakhouse scene.

Phaedra looks ready for a funeral.

32. lulu says:

With is up with that devious laugh NeNe!!

Damn. Kenya just lies at the drop of a hat. Thk you Bravo for playing the reunion parts where she said it but then lied & said she didn’t. Kenya is a liar.

But then she said she said it in the heat of the moment (but I think that was in her talking head)

34. lulu says:

Doesn’t Todd work on production with bravo? It seems to me that momma burress pushes anyone away from Kandi.

He worked for the company that did production for RHOA, not Bravo, but he no longer works there. Still does production and works w/ Kandi on some projects. Kandi said her Mama is way over protective and this is not the first time to have issues like this…but she still loves her.

“…he pack my stuff up like I’m some random..” Porsha

She really was treated like dirt…or some “random”.

36. ItzAngeeDuh says:

Yeah, not sure why she doesn’t think anybody is good enough for Kandi

37. Cartwheels says:

“That is a nice welcoming gift”
    See, that is why I can’t hate Phaedra, she does make laugh.

Plus right now I am almost to the point of right straight admiration, had it been me, somebody would been pulling me out of Kenya’s wig, that remark about aids was disgusting, how did I missed it?

I don’t like Kandi’s mother.

39. NJBev says:

Kandi gave her Mom her old house. How much does that woman
    really want from her daughter? She is afraid that Kandi is not going to
    have enough $$ for all of them-
    “he sleepin and eatin on you”
    …..well, Momma, so are you!

40. LaineyLainey says:

Ooh the sideshow Bob hair again…I want it to go away.

41. NJBev says:

Horrible woman. Shame on you for making your daughter feel like that—

Mmhmmmm.

• Cartwheels says:

I agree, Kandi’s mom is more worried about what is going to happen to the house if Kandi dies and where does she stands in all this.

I know I want to choke her right now.

Yep.

Kandi’s daughter is probably afraid to tell her grandmother she really does like him and Kandi needs to have a sit down with mama and tell her it’s her life and her choices and if she doesn’t respect that it’s time for mama to move and live her own life. Kandi needs to stand up to her mom and be prepared to walk away and stay away.

42. ItzAngeeDuh says:

I knew it!! Mama Joyce is trying to keep Kandi’s money for HERSELF!!

43. Cartwheels says:

This is the problem when boundaries have not been clearly defined, I love my mother and do appreciate her opinions, and she does have a lot of them, but she doesn’t rule my life, at some point Kandi is going to have to cut that umbilical cord, whether is with Todd or any other guy, nobody wants to be in a relationship were there are more than two people.

Oh Lordy. So Joyce, my mom’s name too, thinks she knows who pays what in that house. She should be concerned that Kandi protects her assets but she should be telling her just that. Not that Kandi pays all the Bills & that they live in Kandi’s house.

This is sad.

Good lord, Mama Joyce, Kandi don’t even NEED a man to provided for her. Geez, she is making me mad! Might as well make her a HW.

My husband wants the truck on Thicker Than Water. Might be the only time he looked at Bravo and liked what he saw, lol.

• Stars99 says:

lol… Tartsy… I’m gonna watch that show… I’ve also been watching “Preachers of LA” that shows on Oxygen… It brings up interesting concepts… but I can’t talk anyone else into watching it so we can gab about it… lol… So I just talk to myself… Fortunately, I rarely get into arguments with myself… but when I do… 62% of the time I win. lolol…

• ItzAngeeDuh says:

I watch Preacher of LA too! What do you think?

• Stars99 says:

oooOOOooo…. Kewl Angee… Okay…lemme think back to the 1st episode… When they were talking about how much they charge congregations to come and speak at their churches… I thought it was interesting no one talked about going where they felt “led” to go… Or where they felt God was calling them to go… that except the one guy… the money or the ability for the church to pay for their “entourage” and the real costs associated with the engagement – is how their decisions are made. Did you get that same vibe?

• ItzAngeeDuh says:

Yep, I also thought that was strange. I do like the show tho, Dietrich Haddon is a bit much but I’m warming to him. The preacher with the entourage rubs me the wrong way. What do you think of Bishop Jones & Loretta & their 16 year ‘friendship’?

• Stars99 says:

You’re so much better than me… I can’t remember their names… lol… As for their “relationship”… I kind of get the vibe that he doesn’t want to be tied down by anyone… or have to corroborate with anyone… But when they spend time together he seems to be into her… I think she’s really into him… So I can’t figure it out… what do you think?

• ItzAngeeDuh says:

Sadly I believed her when she was at the tea & basically said she wasn’t waiting to marry him. But after the 4th of July party & she was applying the pressure. It’s obvious they care about each other, but if she’s ok just being his ‘friend’ why change her position once the wives questioned her? I liked the backyard wedding as well.

• Stars99 says:

Yeah… I don’t think I saw that part (I may be behind by one episode)… I have a great friend who has been engaged for like 7 or more years… I think it’s like they know they need to break it off because they want different things but just can’t do it. (My friend… not the show necessarily…)

• ItzAngeeDuh says:

I was in a long term relationship of more than 10 yrs & although I loved him, I knew I didn’t want to marry him. A lot of people didn’t get it but it worked for us.

• NJBev says:

IAD- I’m impressed by your ability to understand
                      how your relationship worked for you at the time,
                      even tho you knew it wasn’t meant to be permanent.

You’re hilarious and think about upping that ratio! 😆

• Stars99 says:

I dunno, Tartsy… When I get into arguments with myself… I don’t win that much… I’m a formidable opponent… lolol

Alrighty then, we.don’t want you to get to spoilin’ yourself now. 😉

This lol reminds me of Rebecca asking questions during BH and answering them herself. Rotfl
            I’m sorry it makes me lol 😹😹

NJBev…NOVA has a show on right now about Sandy/Megastorms.

49. LaineyLainey says:

Porsha’s wig IS tiny.

Oh my, it was very weird going up through these comments finding orgasms … not mine, but .Masters of Sex chat mixed in Atlanta chat. 😛

I hate to say this, but anyone see that promo for Fashion Queens? Bevy Smith needs a breast reduction, oh my gosh and that dress was not helping matters. 😆

52. ItzAngeeDuh says:

Is anyone watching Thicker than Water? Why are the bedrooms so small in their trip level mansion? My bedroom is larger than that.

53. chismosa™ says:

Anyone watch Killing Kennedy?

Going to try to catch one of the repeats

I taped it. I watched a little bit of it and it was good.

Not to open a whole thing here but this is only one theory right ??

I know they’re coming out with a film about the hospital where they take Kennedy after he is shot. With Marcia gay Harden I believe as a nurse

Plus like 200 books coming out now for the 50th anniversary

• djprincessc says:

I watched the first hour Chismosa, then I changed it to watch Total Divas on E!. I was disappointed with it. the actor who played John was believable, but Giniffer was SO not Jackie O to me. Also I didn’t like how choppy the movie was, it was hard for me to get it. Too much focus on Oswald and not enough on Kennedy for me. Didn’t like the viewpoint at all. Did you ever watch The Kennedys miniseries? I never did but still want too.

DJ- totally totally couldn’t agree with you more. I really like ginnifer Goodwin but not as Jackie. I felt the SAME way as you.

Loved the Kennedy miniseries. Try to catch it when you can. That you can easily follow.

54. Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Andy just said on WWHL ….HI ASHY!!!!! I know that fool wasn’t comin’ for me cause I know I didn’t call for him!!

55. NJBev says:

I was wondering if Porsha and Nellie might
    get together. They are cute together, omg-
    it would make me so happy to watch her
    give Korbell the ultimate eff you-
    but he just said he is “involved”

Bowuch is that ass worth? 😉 Andy and his stupid games. Bethenny played a game with Kenya and Kandi to guess that ass and Kenya got every one right!

Oh wow. Miss Lawerence thought Carlton of RHOBH was a transexual.

chismosa…it’s another sad one but not as sad as when Libby lost her baby.

I was getting excited for a big “coming together” of M & J if you get my drift ……;)

Darn

DVR Alert ❗
    RHOA’s Porsha on Wendy Williams today. (A good chance to expand your vocabulary!)