Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta #RHOA

This is Bravo’s most popular show and they’d better keep the ladies happy.  Even with that, there are a few of the ladies that might have reason to worry about whether or not they have jobs next year.

Who is safe –

NeNe.  Even though NeNe hasn’t been bringing her A game in terms of putting her story out there for the viewers, she’s brilliant in the narrator role.  I say it’s safe to say that Bravo would be crazy to let her leave.  She’s worth every penny.

Kandi. Every season Kandi tries to bring creativity to her storyline and show us something new about the music scene in Atlanta.  This year she and fiance Todd will be producing a play with Porsha Steward in the cast.  It just premiered last week, so it may not be on the show, but the build up to it certainly should be.  Kandi also has mama drama.  You can’t beat that, and there is no doubt that in the world of fake storylines this one is real.

a mothers love

Phaedra.  Phaedra has a lot of things going on – but not too much.  The fallout from Apollo’s trip to LA (or the Holiday Inn) has me hooked.  Phaedra is also masterful at the one-liners.

Cynthia.  Cynthia is NeNe’s good friend, and gets along with everyone else.  She’s willing to put her relationship with Peter out there.  I’d like it if her sister came back to the show – that storyline didn’t seem complete.  Plus there is her doll line.

BZs-dE_CcAEhF-r

Who needs to step it up –

Porsha.  Porsha secured her spot for a second season with her divorce to Kordell.  I’ve already grown weary of the Kordell bashing.  It’s been going on far too long.  Hopefully Porsha will have something else going on to show up in addition to Kandi’s play.  Otherwise, she may not be asked back.

Kenya.  Kenya’s main problem is that hardly anyone will film with her.  Her other problem is she doesn’t really live in Atlanta and has nothing going on there.  My guess is that if she gets on the bad side of NeNe, she’s out.

And with that – Let’s Chat

_____________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Atlanta, Let's Chat. Bookmark the permalink.

248 Responses to Let’s Chat – Real Housewives of Atlanta #RHOA

I am first? I don’t even watch Atlanta!

Hey everyone. The ATL is on tonight. I’m looking forward to seeing what Porsha tells as her truth of life w/Kordell.

3. chismosa™ says:

NMD I am sure you know but your boyfriend likes a chocolate bar every night before he goes to bed. 🍫🍫🍫🍫
    I wonder what brand he likes, well YOU would know. 😉

That’s an excellent overview of where things stand, longevity wise, with the Peaches. Thanks NMD.

I don’t know how Cynthia’s doll will make out, but that is one of the most original and fitting HW products yet!

Lulu…tick tock. 🙂

• lulu says:

Chismosa and Powell are you watching MoS tonight?

Hi girl! Much later…. sorry…. everyone’s on Football right now and things running late. But yes i will watch tonight.
        It’s jumped the shark, i agree but i still will follow. (same way i feel about Homeland 😦 )

• lulu says:

IMO Homeland got weird it completly lost me.

I’m catching the repeat the governor is refusing to sleep. He insist on watching Jake and the neverland pirates

6. Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I don’t like Kandi’s mother-she is way harsh!!!

Silence when mad is a Scorpio trait?!

8. Boston, Your pics from the other blog,. $100 per tweet……. Hilarious. For that kind of money I would join twitter and tweet nice stuff about Kyle too (Yes, I have a price 😉 ).

“Smash her” Charming.

10. Pghemtchick says:

Okay I’m just going to say it… Kandi’s hair really bothers me!
    It’s not the red. I think that’s a cute look. It’s the curly one second…long extension looking (but really prolly long as it was shot months later) and then like bobbed….girls got diversity, but man that messes with my head. Lol

11. kendo says:

Does anyone else get the feeling that “The Lawyer” could make Ap disappear?

Cynthia needs to ship one of her dolls to Andy so he can put it up front and center in his junk, I mean his momento collection in the clubhouse!

13. kendographics says:

Why does P.. have the need for all of these different degrees? There’s no way that she can start/keep all of this stuff going.

Those carrots were HUGE! Sorry I know – not relevant!

Who decorated her living room? Horrible.

Why did she tell him that? I wouldn’t have.

Yea! Porsha, I need a new word!
    #porshaisms

Mr. Thomas 🙄

19. Pghemtchick says:

Is she wearing PJs? Cause everyone else looks dressed minus Cynthia.

$4500/month …okay…now where does Porsha’s income come from?

• Pghemtchick says:

$5k a month for the first 3 months in spousal support. That was $15k banked while living w/mommy.

Income from the same place!

But seriously, does she do something besides the show…I just don’t know.

• Pghemtchick says:

I just googled cause that was gonna drive me nuts. Lol
          Apparently she had an acting role back in May. She’s working in the play with Kandi now. She’s supposedly developing a cosmetic line. She’s still supposedly working with the family charity-wouldn’t shock me if she drew a salary from that.
          But unlike every other housewife, there isn’t a direct answer. Like- Vicki, insurance. Teresa, cookbook empire, Jill, fabrics-page6. Ramona-wine, face cream, jewlery, Cynthia-modeling, modeling empire. Porsha-???

• SoutheastVA says:

I rea an interview where she stated that she quit her job for two years while married to Kordell and even sold her businesses in order to care for Kordell’s son from another woman.

I missed it. Was her fridge white in her new house?

Oh goodie! Cynthia is on WWHL tonight. Surely she’ll bring a doll or two for Andy’s clubhouse shelf!

Mama Joyce is “ON” – put up the phaser shields!!!

This is so wrong on so many levels.

Regardless of whether or not Todd is perfect for Kandi – her Mama is straight up disrespectful.

26. NJBev says:

Kandi needs to grow the eff up-
    Her mother needs to be cut off-

27. NJBev says:

Does anyone know if there is any truth to Mama Joyces’
    accusations regarding Todd and Carmen??

Mama Joyce is an anger management class canidate. 🙄

I’m sorry, but even if she is right about Todd is an opportunist, you don’t treat your daughter like that. Show a little respect. Grrrr.

29. Speaking of showing your mother respect, my son just came between me and my boyfriend Darryl. He won’t let me watch Walking Dead because – get this – he hasn’t watched it all season and doesn’t want it ruined for him. This is what I get for taking him on the trip with me. Grrrrr. At least he let me watch Atlanta. I feel like going all Mama Joyce on him.

There’s a great documentary on right now called All the President’s Men Revisited.

Robert Redford is still very good looking. 🙂

Omgod Nancy I just told my mother how AWFULLY he has aged. He’s on the cover of the nyt magazine. He looks terrible. Most men age so well he’s done terrible work to his face

We will have to agree to disagree. I loved him in that movie though.

• NJBev says:

I thought the reason RR looks so good is because he looks bad,
          like he’s actually aging naturally- other than his hair, which is too good to be true,
          so I’m sure it isn’t.
          I never got the impression he ever had any face work? Am I crazy, or what??

I think…not sure…but I think he is natural. No work.

I disagree with all of you. I think he had work done on his face some years back and it’s not been good for him.
          I don’t think he’s naturally aging this way. Jmho !

You could be right, Chismosa. He has been very ouspoken about being anti plastic surgery, but his eyes look like they might have been done, now that I saw some images.

yup if you look a few years back that’s when he initially had surgery. Somehow, it just hasn’t helped him.

31. Amber...Real Wife says:

Chile Puh-leeze! Even if Todd is an opportunist he sure has the patience of a SAINT! He showed restraint and respect towards that hateful cow/sow. He should’ve asked her if she doesn’t think ANYONE can ever love Kandi w/o an ulterior motive or If she isn’t worthy of love?

These thicker than water people just have nothing of interest….it’s on in the background….okay, it’s not any more, lol.

33. Cartwheels says:

13 years old, isn’t that a little young to have a BF? I am worried now, mine is one year older and still hasn’t shown any signs of being into boys yet? Watching Cynthia’s dilemma I am wondering if it is coming any time soon, I am not ready 😦

IMHO it’s way too young. I couldn’t start dating until I was 17.

• Cartwheels says:

I was a late bloomer as well so I didn’t think I had to worry for at least a couple more years, I am not even sure how will I approach the issue.

Don’t listen to me as I don’t have any real children but I did have 2 nieces. 🙂

• Cartwheels says:

I have a niece, she is such a good girl, also late bloomer so I kinda thought that was the norm. I am sure you are a great aunt. Every girl needs one of them. I adore my niece and my sister sure adores my daughter, plenty of love to go around.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Cartwheels-I have a 13 year old and she doesn’t seem like she is thinking about a boyfriend anytime soon-but who knows?? She has a group of friends that she takes the bus to school with-some boys some girls…I ask if she likes any of the boys and she looks at me like I just turned stupid before her very eyes…

• Cartwheels says:

Omg same here, lol .
        I am always paying close attention to her conversations when I am driving even if I look like I am doing something else, so far nothing. Maybe I need to pay more attention.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Maybe we both need to pay more attention Cartwheels…ugh the teen age years-funny and scary at the same time!!!

I was still enjoying my barbies™ at 13. 👧👼😋😋

• Cartwheels says:

I played with mine until 15, then had to hide them, still have few, won’t get rid of them even they are old and their hair is a mess due to my playing hairdresser on their hair. My daughter never liked them, she went from Dora to Harry potter and skipped the in between.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Cartwheels do we have the same daughter??? I swear Annabelle was exactly the same-never played with Barbies-learned to read and fell in love with Harry Potter!!

i was a big big reader too….. i used to read these very depressing stories about girls who had terminal cancer or very bad diabetes. They were written FOR junior high age girls. One was called Six Months to Live. I’m not not joking.
              I don’t know WTF was wrong with me!?????

i read a lot of Anne of Green Gables and Babysitter’s Club.

“Not joking”. Not double negative. Not.
                I want to see if they still have that book in print….. LOL!

• Cartwheels says:

My dd came to me a couple of years ago with a permission slip for me to sign and authorize her to read The Lovely Bones, I had to think long and hard about that one due to they explicit content, finally I signed, got me a copy, we read together and discussed the prickly issues. It actually worked great because it allowed me to have great conversations with her and also realize that she was more mature than I gave her credit for.

i still have to read that one Cartwheels. That is wonderful the way you went about that with that with your dd.

• Cartwheels says:

Six months to live? Could never read that one, I am a crier, I am sure I would drawn in my own tear with that one just looking at the tittle.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

WTF chismosa?? Six Months To Live?? I wouldn’t read that at my age!!! Girl you are funny!!!

• Cartwheels says:

Lol, we might. What is wrong with these girls? Can’t believe she never took to dolls, it was so much fun, everyone of mine had names, clothes, accessories and of course they all had burnt hair, lol.
              I am not into Harry potter at all, read the first book just so we can discuss it together but that was it, now my dd wants the whole collection of books and movies as a Christmas gift, unbelievable.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Cartwheels-I have 2 daughters one 13 and one 7-the 7 year old loves all things girly-make up dolls dresses high heels-everything!! And she HATES going to school-the only part she likes about school is picking out her outfit-I’m not kidding! Annabelle on the other hand loves everything about school EXCEPT deciding what to wear!!
                I loved all the Harry Potter books but I’m sure it’s b/c Annabelle did-she couldn’t wait for me to finish so we could “discuss”…same with The Hunger Games trilogy-she drove me nuts until I finished those damn books!!!

• Cartwheels says:

See that is different, with the hunger games we were totally on sync, read all three books, went to both movies together and compared notes. I believe you about your girls being so different because my sister and I were like night and day, my daughter is so serious that actually she could totally be my sister’s daughter, I was like your younger one, full of energy and like a wind whirl, except that I loved school, best time of my life.

• mygirlsmom says:

Mine too. She kicked Barbie out of her dream home and made it a home for her 101 Dalmations. She never did play with the barbies she was given. Harry Potter was big in our household too. I used to spend hours reading those books to her before she learned to read.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

My 7 year old loved her Barbie dream house-she played with it for hours!! She was jealous that Barbie had a nicer house than we do and that Barbie was allowed to wear high heels…she has moved on now and wants the dream house out of her room b/c she said it’s too baby-ish…Lord help with this one!!

My husband overheard the show and said NO fn way and that our girls needed to be 16.

Do you ever see a person that looks like someone else, but they are polar opposites?

I was at a Christmas tree farm outside of Houston and there was a teenage girl working there with a world champion FFA rodeo jacket, denim, big buckle, cowgirl boots and she looked like she could be Kylie Jenner’s twin. Very weird. I felt bad for her thinking people must say that to her all the time “do you know you look like…”
    No way did or would I say that!!!

• lulu says:

You know I absolutely despise that!! Apparentally there is a woman that “looks” like me. It annoys me when some idiot says “you look like whatshername.”. I immediatelly correct them and say “no she looks like me.” ;).

• lulu says:

?????? Apparentally equals Apparently???? Thank you auto correct!

People come up to me saying they know me from somewhere. Or the you look REAL familiar and here comes the questions. 🙄 I’ve gotten older, I just shut it down by saying “I’m certain that I don’t know you!” Maybe that’s rude, but it gets old.

Either I have NO memory or the gene pool is too closely related here…just kidding, I hope, lol.

• I have gotten that since College, my mom told me if guys said it I should say, “I’m the girl of your dreams.” HAHAHA!! I still get it to this day, it is so strange!! I can see when I am shopping that someone looks like they want to approach me…..sometimes if I am in a mood I will glare at them, lol, that stops them in their tracks!!!

You too, ha! It got annoying and I became less likely to make eye contact…actually my husband said to quit smiling at people so much and keep your sunglasses on!

😎 I was just thinking about the Princess shooting glares across the room, lol.

• It’s not easy being a Celebrity!!! lol,

oh and in High School, I would be at the mall and girls would come up to me and say, “Do you have a brother, John, you look just like this guy we know John Surname? and I would look at them with disdain and say, “No” and walk away, lol, yes he’s my brother, ya dumb drag queens!!!

Lulu, that is an excellent response!

• lulu says:

The irony is I suffer from facial blindness. I could meet you talk to you for hours if you approach me later I won’t recognize you. Unless I could associate your face with someone I recognize or I have to study your features. Though its rude to stare at a person. I won’t remember you. It takes me awhile to to recognize a person.

Interesting. How much of a handicap is that? My brain files a photograph, but sometimes loses the names. Maybe you file the photograph and the brain just can not retrieve it. Oh, wow. So if you don’t remember the face, then no way you would remember the name right?!

35. Pghemtchick says:

An interesting amazing race note:
    Not spoiling…more a road block question. I’ve been watching since it started but never caught the wording on the card. I always thought they got to choose but had to keep it even. So, lessons learned tonight:
    1. They prep the box in advance or the envelopes are marked per team. I’ve always thought that all the envelopes were generic and contained the same info.
    2. The banter on who wants to do it is all for show…
    My proof? Here’s a picture I took of my tv tonight: notice the “note”. I suppose semi spoiler they weren’t the first team to get there so how was theirs personalized if not marked?

36. lulu says:

Nancy unfortunately I’m missing the first 15 minutes… the governor insists on watching Jake and the neverland pirates. 😦

37. NJBev says:

I’m trying to play catch-up on the blogs. It is not easy…….
    First, hope you all had a Great Thanksgiving!!
    Thanks to all NMD and all the “authors” for taking the time
    out of their busy days and lives to do the re-caps for us!!
    Thank you MelTH for the great Survivor blogs-
    it’s been so hard to keep up with everything, but I always
    come back at some time to catch your POV on the castaways!
    I am so pissed about Ciera and her antics.
    I was as surprised as you were that Tyson played the idol-
    I wonder if the others will see him differently now knowing
    he had it all along-
    I was surprised that Ciera made the cut as well-
    The last few epi’s have been really good, imo, though.
    Thanks again for a job well done!

• Hi NJBev, Hope you had a great Thanksgiving… I don’t remember if Gervous knew Tyson had the idol, if he didn’t know, I bet he will turn on him like the previews alluded to….. 1 apple to go!!! 🙂

• NJBev says:

you’re right Pindy!! I hadn’t even thought about Gervaise!
        I thought I saw a scene in next weeks previews that looked like Gervais entertaining
        the idea of Tyson going—??
        1 apple to go, you made them last a good amount of time, that’s some self
        control!! I am impressed!!

• Hiya, NJBev 😀

I don’t think Gervace knew Tyson had the idol, until he wasted it (not even one vote)..

• NJBev says:

Go//amnit.
        I just lost a huge response and looked everywhere
        but it is gone…
        See, I get so excited talking about this show that I don’t
        pay attention to switching sites and then losing my draft.
        sorry, Mel.
        But you were right about Tyson wasting the idol.
        It goes back into play now right?

38. lulu says:

Omg!!!! Nancy!!

39. Pghemtchick says:

Passive aggressive tweet about “Queen” Lisa? Who knows…
    But hey it’s on social media, lets decide! Lol

• While we’re analyzing, is she trying to say Joanna Krupa has set up false accounts to bother her – I doubt the fishy comment was an accident. Ugh.

Brandi Glanville ‏@BrandiGlanville 13h
      I have all these new eggs following me and harassing me-wen i look up their profile they have zero followers-something is fishy

I was thinking the exact same thing. She’s good at her craft but it’s not going
        to end well I’m afraid.

• Pghemtchick says:

Ohh. I didn’t even catch that one. Interesting. Could have said something’s off/odd/askew/”f$(@$d up” etc. I could see her saying the latter. Good catch. Lol yay for analyzing.

For the record…I no longer hate Virginia Johnson. I actually “heart” her now.

41. chismosa™ says:

I heard about this show and can’t wait for Joel to make fun of it on the Soup but Efedra should be on it with her new ‘career’ —

42. chismosa™ says:

ASHY- the news is all about this derailment. How sad.

Lulu…I’m calling it a night. Let’s “chat” tomorrow if that’s ok.

44. SCGirl says:

I found this interesting today, and thought I would share.

I was Reading all the different things that TMZ had posted about Paul Walker’s death, TMZ posted a piece about twitter messages that Paul Walker’s co-stars and other Hollywood celebs shared as as a tribute to the actor. So, as I scanned the list of celeb posts, I ran up on a comment that Gretchen Rossi tweeted about Paul. Her tweet said, “RIP #PaulWalker I went to high school w/him and my heart breaks for his family.Please pray for them during this difficult time.”

How did Gretchen go to high school with Paul Walker if she is 34 and he is 40? Do some high schools have more than 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade? Maybe I’m wrong about Gretchen’s age, but she couldn’t be more than 35 (according to her RHOC age). Something doesn’t add up to me. What do you all think?

• Good question.. She’s lying about one thing or another.

• Pghemtchick says:

Maybe it was a high school-middle school combo?
      I dunno it seems off.
      Then again we had a lockdown at a school last week/week before at a high school because a 17 year old 8th grader brought a gun to school. In the news Facebook feed everyone was upset over the gun-I couldn’t get that far…I was stuck on 17 and 8th grade.

• Pghemtchick says:

Okay looked it up. They both went to Village Christian school. It’s a K-12 private school.