Top Chef – Restaurant Wars plus Brandi’s Apology – Sort Of

Top Chef New Orleans (S11E9) “Restaurant Wars” by BB

No Quick Fire challenge tonight.  It’s time for Restaurant Wars.  The chefs draw knives to see which team is which. The Green Team is stacked with Justin, Nina, Shirley, Carlos and Sara.  The Purple Team is comprised of Carrie, Brian, Stephanie, Nicholas and Travis.  The guest judge will be Chef David Chang.  He tells them to plan on everything going wrong in this challenge.  They have 24 hours to create their dream pop-up restaurants.  There will be an Executive Chef and someone to run the front of the house (chosen by the team members) for each team.  There will be a VIP table of chase sapphire card members among the guests, who will be the only diners other than the judges who will get to eat at both restaurants.  Danny Meyer will also be there to check in with the diners and report back to the judges.  Nina refers to him as the godfather of the restaurant business.

The Green Team decides to do Modern American cuisine because they all have very different backgrounds.  The Purple team is going in a Seafood direction.  Travis volunteers to do the front of the house for Purple and Sara will do it for Green.  Justin volunteers to take the role of the Executive Chef for the Green Team.  Carlos thinks his team is getting too caught up in things other than the food and it doesn’t make sense to him.  Nicholas will be the Executive Chef for the Purple Team because he has been one in real life.

They all check out their restaurant spaces (and notice there is no kitchen) and then go to the rental place to choose their china and other decor.  Once they get there, the Green team argues about what dishes they will be making while the Purple team is looking on.  The Purple team has already discussed their menu.  Next they go food shopping and this part never really interests me so I’ll skip over it.  The Green team cannot find any ring molds for Sara’s planned dessert.  She doesn’t know how much effort they put into it though and is disappointed.

The Green Team has named their restaurant “Found” and they will be showcasing their diverse backgrounds.  The Purple Team has named their restaurant “Fin,” which is self-explanatory.  Travis will be making the dessert for this team, so both front of the house chefs are doing the desserts.

Sara and Justin are not getting along on the Green Team.  Brian accidentally got a wrong ingredient for his dish which is going to throw the whole thing off.  That night, Justin goes over what should be going on in the front of the house so it won’t throw things off in the back.

It’s d-day.  Sara and Travis meet with the wait staff to make sure they know what’s to be expected.  Justin gets upset about a mix-up in the dinner ware.  He’s definitely a Type A personality.  If the Green Team loses, he may have no friends on his team to back him up come elimination time.

Both restaurants are shown simultaneously.  The judges are at Fin (Purple) and the VIP diners are at Found.  At Fin, Brian made Scallop Crudo, Corn & Squash Relish with Purple Corn Gel (one of the judges calls it too snotty).  Nicholas is very calm in the back.  Over at Found, the VIP table talks about not getting to look at the menu and there seems to be a problem with the servers not filling out the tickets correctly.  Over at Fin, the food is coming out of the kitchen at a good pace.  Carrie made Sauteed Gulf Shrimp, Chickpea Puree, Oregano and Lemon and Stephanie made Linguini with Cariar, Oyster Cream and Fennel.  They think Carrie’s shrimp is overcooked, but they like Stephanie’s dish.

Travis is doing a great job in the front of the house and all the diners look happy at Fin.  At Found, however, things seem to be really mixed up in the front and back of the house.  Back at Fin, Nicholas’ dish of Roasted Black Drum, King Trumpet Mushrooms, Oxtail, Kale and Hibiscus Reduction is served.  It’s by far the most delicious dish from Fin according to the guest judge.  For dessert, Travis made Olive Oil Cake with Greek Yogurt, Cherries and Pistachios.  The cake is not moist, but the dessert tastes good.

Back at Found, the VIP guests are being served the wrong dishes and things are still mixed up.  The judges show up and Sara is trying to smile and put on a good face.  The VIPs haven’t even gotten their entrees and they are due over at FIN in three minutes.  The guest judge thinks the Found menu looks better and reads better.  Gail points out how great the service was at Fin and the fact that nobody has shown up at their table since they’ve been seated.  Sara comes back and asks Justin where the judges’ first course is because Padma is complaining.  Justin asks her where the ticket is and Sara tells him she gave him a “verbal” fire.  Sara takes them the dishes, but doesn’t stick around to explain what the dish is or who made it.  Carlos made Red Snapper Crudo, Avocado Mousse, Pickled Baby Carrots and Fried Platano.  The presentation is not good.  Justin’s Roasted Parsnip Agnolotti, Mississippi Rabbit and Collard Greens Broth is not a hit at all.  The judges think it’s really bad.

Shirley made Olive Oil Poached Cobia, Blanched Ong Choy and Salsa Verde.  It’s the favorite of the judges so far.  For the third or fourth time, Sara serves the dishes without explaining what it is or who made it.  Nina made Pork Tenderloin with Sunchokes and Trumpet Royale Mushrooms.  Hers beats Shirley’s as the best dish of the team so far.  Sara’s dessert will be missing a component, the mascarpone.  I think Sara may be toast at this point. Meanwhile over at Fin, the VIPs are hoping for a better experience that what they got at Found.

I don’t think there is a question that the elimination choice is going to be between Justin and Sara. The chefs watch the judges talk about one team failing and that there is a clear winner and then the screen goes blank.  Neither team has a clue because neither knows how well or badly the other did.

Padma comes in and calls the Purple (Fin) back to the judges’ table.  Padma announces they are the winning team.  They tell Travis he did the best front of the house job ever in the history of restaurant wars.  They critique the chefs’ dishes and tell Brian his dish wasn’t that great, but they liked the dishes of Nicholas, Stephanie and Travis.  Nicholas is declared the winner.  This is the first chunk of confidence he’s gotten since Top Chef started.

Found is up before the judges and one of them will be eliminated.  Padma calls it a disaster.  Sara didn’t think it was a disaster, but the judges point out the only dish she explained was her own.  Justin tells the judges he didn’t train the servers and it didn’t go as they discussed.  Sara and Justin are blaming each other.  Carlos tries to explain why his dish wasn’t that good (it didn’t get served on time).  Justin had a plate issue with his dish.  Shirley and Nina are going to be OK because their dishes were good.  Sara has an attitude problem and she should be going in my opinion.  Tom asks Sara and Justin if they think one of the two should be the ones going home.  They both agree it should be.

The judges discuss who is most at fault, Sara for her execution and bad dish or Justin for his lack of leadership and bad dish.  It’s a toss-up.  Sara is asked to pack her knives and go.  She will be facing Louis in the Last Chance kitchen.  I think they picked the right person for elimination.  However, Justin is not living up to expectations based on the last two dishes he’s made.

In the Last Chance Kitchen, Louis and Sara must both use Mascarpone in their dishes.  They each get to pick a sous chef and have to guide them for 10 of the 30 minutes while blindfolded.  Sara chooses Janine as her sous chef and Louis chooses Jason.  Tom loved both the dishes but chooses Louis based the innovativeness of his dish.

________________________________________

Brandi’s Apology – Sort of

She says… (as captured by NMD – I left out the bits where she talks to her dog)

“Dear Fans, it’s me Brandi G.  And I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands.  There are so many bullshit blogs and rumors and b.s. out there, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what’s about to happen.  You’re about to completely hate my guts.  Sadly, I’m a dick in the next three episodes.  However, I will say, you don’t get to see the entirety of what happened because they can’t show everything they shot. You don’t understand why Joyce and I don’t get along.  You don’t understand why I’m being a bitch to her.  It just looks like I’m being a bitch to be a bitch.  I have to have a reason to be a bitch.  I’m not just a bitch.  Umm, having said that, I would like to apologize ahead of time for my inappropriate jokes and my drunkedness on vacation.  It’s all about to happen.  It’s all about to go down, and it’s not going to be pretty, and I know a lot of you are going to hate me more than you already do.  But I just want to say that I really am a good person, I don’t pretend to be a victim, I don’t lie, and I think I’m getting an ulcer knowing what’s coming up.  But, having said that I think I’ve said my piece.  Get ready for me being a dick and an asshole and drunk on vacation, did I mention that?  And making very inappropriate jokes that my friends might find funny but I don’t think most of you will.  And just realize that there’s a lot that goes on …. outside of shooting that you guys don’t actually get to see and I’m not a complete asshole.  In these episodes I am, but I have a reason, kind of, you know, there’s something there.  But anyway, umm yeah I just decided to do this and hopefully you’ll all forgive me and understand.”

________________________________________

Remembering Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela released from prison

Newsweek’s Feb. 19, 1990 cover

1364487363188.cached

________________________________________

This entry was posted in Top Chef. Bookmark the permalink.

366 Responses to Top Chef – Restaurant Wars plus Brandi’s Apology – Sort Of

1. Ladebra says:

Friday! And I have a sore throat, but I’m going to suck it up and go to work. And seeing Peter and the Starcatchers tomorrow. Hope your day is better than yesterday, and tomorrow will be best of all😉

2. lulu says:

Good morning! Aiden seems to be feeling better or atleast back to his giggly self. I’m grateful he doesn’t have the stomach flu. My poor baby!!!!

Who else is watching the cheesy holiday movies???? ;).

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Good news about Aiden!!
      I watch every cheesy holiday movie I can-Hallmark channel Lifetime channel and ABC family are my 3 fave go to networks for holiday cheese!!

• lulu says:

Ima big softy for cheesy holiday movies!! Personal fav is A diva’s Christmas carol and the one with neil patrick harris.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

A Diva’s Christmas Carol is a must see for me-if it’s on I get sucked right in!!! I love it!

• shamrockblonde says:

ahahahaha!! I love watching all of the Christmas movies!! – the cheesier the better – Lifetime and ABCFamily for me!! last weekend ABC Family was running the Harry Potter movies – something I am seriously addicted to -both books and movies had been read and watched more times than I care to admit – and shamrock boy who is four asked me the name of the movie – I told him it was The Goblet of Fire but he kept saying Goblin of Fire and spent most of the movie asking me where the goblin who made fire was –

at one point he asked me who Hagrid was – I tried to explain that he was a giant – his whole face lit up and this was the rest of the conversation

“A Giant!!! they are the good guys – Daddy and me want them to win but not the star guys, but the Giant guys lost and that was not fair, but Daddy says we will get them next time, because the Giants are the best!!!

then looking at Hagrid on the screen he asked “:where is his helmet?”
        I told him Eli Manning had it – this made him very happy, but then he worried about Eli getting hurt by the fire breathing goblin – I told him nothing could hurt Eli Manning – or Hagrid – I can’t wait till he asks his Dad where Hagrid is during the next Giants game….

and I’m a Jets fan!!! – I know, I know…………

• You and my daughter would have so much to talk about, she’s a Hufflepuff, I’m a Slytherin, lol! I drove her up to Los Angeles a few years ago with one of her friends and we met a few of her friends up there and went to this place: https://www.facebook.com/whimsicalley You would LOVE it. It’s where we got her robes. It really is a lot of fun, they have a replica of the dinning room and the looks on the girl’s faces was worth the drive!!

• shamrockblonde says:

ooohhh thanks!! – that goes on my wishlist!! – your daughter has great taste!! -I still wish that JK Rowling would write a series of books about Harry’s parents’ time at Hogwarts, with Sevrus, and Serius and all of the order, maybe having it end with James’ and Lilly’s deaths -I’d have liked that much better than the book she did write at any rate – looking forward to her newest Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them – understand it will be made into a movie series as well – YAY!!! – soooooo much better than a Brandi video…….

• Oh, that fiction novel she wrote, I don’t remember the name of it, I got it at the library, it was so DEPRESSING, I couldn’t believe it. It was well written but soooo depressing!!!

Happy to hear that about the baby!

It seems everyone’s getting colds around now, with the change of seasons.

Hooray for Aiden!

Poor Aiden. I am glad he is feeling better, I know when a little one is sick, it’s hard on the whole family.

You are in SoCal right LuLu? There was a nasty bug going around here in the OC in the last week or so. Last night Ryanne got a fever of 102, so I hope she isn’t coming down with something. She is scheduled for an MRI on Monday that will require sedation and I am afraid if she is sick we will have to cancel it.

• lulu says:

I just got home from the DR. Aiden’s pediatrician over the thanksgiving break was in LA. He said there was a nasty bug going on there and btw here too. I’m not in SoCal I’m in cental colder then hell Illinois. The bug is here too and that is what he suspected Aiden had.

I hope Ryanne is feeling better and soon!!! Hopefully its only 24 hours.

I swear the joy of parenthood………. 😉

3. Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Good Morning all-thanks for the Top Chef blog BB-I haven’t watched in a few weeks but is yay update with your recaps!!
    Oh Brandi-what is there to say about this hot mess of a woman?? One thing that I really can’t get over her saying is “I don’t pretend to be a victim”….ummm no you are not pretending-you actually think you are a victim-your life is being a victim and it’s your excuse for every stupid thing you do. I’m over the poor single mom thing-there are people who are really poor and have no help from the father and really do struggle and this chick makes it like she is on their level-she’s not. She can’t relate to a poor single mother who worries 24/7 about how she will work and pay rent and raise her kids ALONE. She is not that woman and I’m tired of her pretending she is. I think it sucks that she got cheated on-it happens to many women and it always sucks-she didn’t invent being divorced-I wish she would some how become empowered and show how a strong woman handles these things instead of getting shitfaced and blaming it on missing her kids(I’m not saying she doesn’t miss them). It’s time for the big girl panties Girl-cut the shit and grow the F up!!!

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Seriously “it’s yay update” …this makes sense to my iPad??? “I stay up to date”

Speak the truth Miss Jill! I’m so over Brandi. She says she’s not a liar, she’s a good person, she’s not a victim, she’s not the B word (sorry, I don’t use swear words!). But her actions say something entirely different, both on and off camera. I appreciated her at one time for her standing up to the bullies, but now she’s just a really sad and/or sick individual who really needs an intervention quick.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

HH-I just read my post again after you said you don’t use swear words! Most times I use *^%# but that Brandi makes me forget my manners!!

• California35 says:

Agree.
      The other day Bethenny had a single mother on her show. The lady shared her story, 4 kids and no job and couldn’t even put her children in school because she has no real address. I was crying because it was suck a sad story. She offered her services as a maid on craigslist. She struggled and she is still struggling, but now she has work and gave other poor women work. THAT was a poor single mother. I felt so bad for her but so happy she got herself out of the situation by not giving up. She was strong for her children…

4. chismosa™ says:

Thank you for whoever copied that or transcribed that —–

ASHY this was Brandi sending for YOU so you can come for HER. 😹😹😹😹😹You must be loving this.

I see Kyle is on a lot of daytime shows next week so VV will be super excited ! She’s on WWH Monday ….. ☔️☔️☔️Here you go VV, for protection. ☔️☔️☔️✋✋

Oh Ashy I almost forgot, let’s clink to Brandi!
      🍻🍻🍻🍻🍺🍺🍺cheers. 👋👋

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

CHEERS!!🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍷🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍷🍷🍷
        (I don’t drink wine but Brandi does so I added a few glasses for her)
        You would think I would be loving this but she is really taking all the fun out of it for me with this preemptive crap!!! She needs to STFU and let me enjoy this!!!

I like that Chismo! 💦☔️✋

#waterworksusa #victim #usinghusbandforstoryline

5. Jules says:

Are the ratings that bad that this is what Bravo is having the HWs do to get someone anyone to tune in. I just erased from my DVR without watching. Just can’t seem to care anymore.

Did drunk Brandi say her “piece” or mean to say “peace”?

This is like giving me a loaded gun. Bwhahhaha.

• It’s hard to say what she meant, but I went with piece because it didn’t feel like peace to me. I don’t fall for her little tricks!!!!

• Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

Totally pathetic excuse. She ends it with her it’s-out-of-my-control, somebody-else’s-fault line which makes the whole “apology” disingenuine.

This woman has sold her soul for 15 minutes of fame. She’s now the most negative and nasty housewife on the air, and she has to compete with Tamara and Kim.

When Brandu was hanging out with Lisa, she became very popular and was given full time HW status. Since she started hanging out with Yolanda, Brandi likability has gone down WAY down. Her 15 min are up and she doesn’t even know it.
        #badchoices #badinfluences

Wah waaaah wahhhh😭😭😭😭😭

@KyleRichards18: @mariedudders haha. XO

Original Message:

8. Blog updated with a couple of photos from Cusi77 🙂

9. California35 says:

Great pictures Cusi 🙂
    Sorry for those who are sick or getting sick 😦 i am about to take some airborne myself .
    I is colllldddd over here… trusty.

Wow! Brandi… She is feeling the heat and she is reading our blog. I feel sorry for her, but SHE is who she puts herself in these situations. The next THREE EPISODES???! Wow no wonder she has been busy on tweeter. That is another problem, let’s say she was terrible and drunk and whatever back then, then she had not been twitting like a maniac telling people to STFU or talking about Yoyo’s ex or insinuating Lisa is a bad person, etc etc, then I would believe she is sorry. That maybe she realized how bad she was and she is working on herself and not get drunk any more.

On a separate note. I dont understand why people who are a mess get pet and not only one but multiple pets. She annoyed me when she scolded her dog for doing his business in the house. Accidents happen SPECIALLY if no one takes them out. She is a mess, sorry, but she is. If i was her (THANK GOD I AM NOT) i would take some time to get into my personal issues, go to a spa, take dogs for walks, READ, learn a skill,
    focus on her book, her children, training her dogs, etc.
    Thanks for reading 😛

• Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

100% in agreement with every word.

• Anne says:

Thank you for the transcript, so I could read and didn’t have to suffer through listening to the whining. Poor Brandi, she behaved badly (what else is new), but it wasn’t her fault, it was (a) vacaation; (b) too much alcohol: and/or (c) Joyce’s fault for doing something off- camera; that justifies the bad behavior.

I’ve lost count of the number of reality show participants who use the “editing” excuse to explain away bad behavior. It doesn’t work for me any longer. Although I find the editing both amusing and frustrating, it you don’t do it or say it, then the producers can’t film it and fit it into a story.

Does Brandi have a publicist? From this blog, I know she has an agent and also a book coming out. I can’t believe that a publicist advised issuing this non-apology video, but then again, everything on these HW shows is so scripted, I have difficulty believing that is authentic. Sorry to be so cynical — but I question even the meltdowns, especially one that seem so strategically issued.

Anne, never apologize for being cynical! 😉

• Anne says:

Well, ’tis the season….. so I thought in this case, one might be in order. Call it pre-emptive. Anywhooo… this is the woman who was tweeting for help with her new iphone. I find it hard to believe that she could manage to set up a video camera, record an apology and upload the video to the internet without help. Don’t you?

Good Call Anne. Brandi already asked them to reprint the book once when she wanted to ‘change’ her mind about some guy she was dating.

• Catseye says:

(Not to defend her in any way, but I have read that Chihuahuas are difficult to housetrain).

My dog is half Chihuahua and was not hard to train at all. I love how you put your comment in parenthesis like you were whispering – lol!

10. Kelly_Has_Big_Shoulders says:

I think Brandi provides a lot of entertainment. I appreciate her video and will watch now with an open mind. Knowing that there is more than what’s being filmed or shown as usual. No other housewife has ever posted a video to explain their bad behavior or even apologize for it. So I appreciate her doing that. It takes guts to do that and still be called out on it. She is damned if she does damned if she doesn’t.

Brandi is endless entertainment. I didn’t really think of her having guts to issue an apology, until you said that. I wondered if it was more to save face or just more self-promotion….
      She really could stand a little more thought before she speaks in a planned recorded deal…like she says the same thing, over and over in a ramble. But here we are again talking about her, so she is “winning”, ha.

Brandi has a book coming out soon and several projects. She doesn’t want to jeopardize them with her drunk, mean girl behavior.
        I’m sure her agent is guiding her thorough. There is no way in hell the video was her idea. Her agent has a lot to lose as well.

IMO, it doesn’t take gusts to apologize ..the guts comes in when you then stick your hand out knowing it’s going to be smacked and don’t try to pull it away. A quality that Brandi clearly doesn’t have as she always wraps herself in the quilt of ‘#STFU #HATERS’.

As I mentioned in another blog, I am convinced that Brandi could cause a 50 car pile up on the freeway…and say “Oopsie” (just like my 6 year old does when she spills her drink) and would expect the fire marshall, police and ambulances services to say “Move along folks..there is nothing to see here…I mean the lady did say ‘Oopsie’ didn’t she…what more you want from her?’”

• Kelly_Has_Big_Shoulders says:

It could be a little bit of both saving face and self promotion. Nothing wrong with either.But yes a little more thought before she speaks would be ideal for her.

• I’ll wait and see. As for her fighting with Joyce, Ring a ding ding.. Let’s get ready to rumble. I am already sick of Joyce flipping her damn hair.. She and Splitz Dicks should go on the almost live show, have a contest during one of those dumb games, and get it over all ready.

• Sadly Brandi still hasn’t recovered from her divorce and some of her behavior is pretty classic. Her self esteem seems to be directly related to her need for others to find her sexy. She wants to feel younger and desirable in an attempt to get back the years she lost during her marriage. The out of control drinking, saying things for the shock value and being very sensitive to other women who are dealing with rumors of infidelity can be her misplaced attempts to becoming the woman she though she was before her life fell apart.
      My bestie of 20 years, who “thought” she was happily married until she was hit with a divorce, went through a similar out of control phase – it was ugly to watch, she has basically lost all her girlfriends because of her out of control drinking and acting like a slut, she lost her job because of her inappropriate behavior and her children (20 and 25) still want nothing to do with her because she isn’t the mother they thought they had. She is in counseling now and is dealing with a lot more than just the end of her marriage.
      There is no way of knowing when Brandi will get to a good place with herself. IMHO, her apology may be a step in the right direction. Being on RHBH definitely doesn’t help because it is about bitchy bitches bitching at and about each other. So maybe the next couple of episodes made her realize she was incredibly out of line and that is not who she wants to be anymore. Guess we will have to wait and see.

• karrylyn says:

Sorry about your bestie. I hope she can be reconciled with her kids and find a new season in her life that is joyful.

11. cusi77 says:

Buenos Dias! Good Morning everyone!

Thank you BB for the Blog!!!

MelTheHound made me a favor and posted on the Blog a couple of pictures from my niece’s wedding last Saturday!

There you have the Bride Dancing with her dad….Awww!

There you have Cusi dancing with my grandniece Jimena!

Finally Cusi has a face! Thank you everyone for the good thoughts! You are all the best!

Loved seeing yr beautiful photos!

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us! 😀

• cusi77 says:

I wanted to share how happy I was enjoying all my family in Mexico City! I took 200 pictures at the wedding! I noticed now that I was retaining water… I wear pants to not show my tinny legs!Lol!

• Buttercream says:

Cusi!
      Beautiful pics – thanks for posting!
      Warm hugs and soft kisses to the sick baby – hope he’s feeling better soon!

Brandi – she’s taken a corner in the boxing ring this season … instead of a ring side seat, let’s see if in the next 3 episodes what kind of punches she takes, and blows to her already bruised reputation …. round one, coming up!

• shamrockblonde says:

you are beautiful cusi – that smile could light up the darkest night – thank you for sharing!

watching a bride dance with her Father always makes me cry – in a good way – thank you for that too – *hugs cusi really hard*

• Pghemtchick says:

Beautiful pics, Cusi!

12. plainviewsue says:

I was so glad Sarah was the one who left Top Chef. I thought from the start she had a terrible attitude and didn’t find her to be a team player.

As for Brandi’s apology video, as I tweeted to NMD earlier. She is so past her expiration date she needs to be flushed down the toilet.

Get thee to a rehab center. You are a mess Brandi.

13. California35 says:

You guys! I saw a very super short add for NY!! It will be back in 2014. I kind of figured that 😛 i hope they show some more of it AND give us a date not so general.

Saw Courtney loves Dallas. First episode so i dont know yet if i like it. Single girl hearing from friends how she “still single” gee thanks friends I’m sure she did not know that duh.

I liked Courtney Loves Dallas, will watch again.

• California35 says:

Cool! I will have a partner for this 🙂

🙂 I think it will be a rather simple show without nuch drama (don’t hold me to that!) nd we’ll find that the show should be re-titled “Courney picks out an outfit” lol

• California35 says:

Yes! She is all about fashion. Full closet spilling out to the bedroom 😛

I do want to watch a girly show, and i hope it doesnt turn into real housewife kind of drama.

She keeps saying 30. Is she really saying 30’s and im missing it? Or she really 30 ?

• Overit says:

She did!! In the bar, she also commented that the 21 year old bartender would’ve been only 12 when she was that age…. I had to do a double take… Figured she had to be late 30s for sure!

• California35 says:

I had to type my information again and typed it wrong, so my comment went to moderation :-/

This phone clears out my info a lot :-/ then i have to reenter it :-/

14. Kelly_Has_Big_Shoulders says:

Brandi needs to think before she speaks but I don’t think she needs rehab, unless there is a rehab for that.

I don’t remember these two as child actors, but for anyone who cares, lol

ladebra, I hope your sore throat goes away fast! lulu, I’m glad Aiden is feeling better. Cusi, loved seeing the pictures from the wedding. Looks like you had a fabulous time and glad you are back with us safe and sound.

It must be pretty bad if Brandi feels like she has to apologize ahead of time. Not looking forward to watching a 40-something year old woman act like a child, but I gotta do what I gotta do! lol.

#RIPNelsonMandela 😦

Good afternoon everyone. I just got back in the house from getting my hair done, getting gas and making a quick trip to Sephora to spend my $15 gift card. Just in the nick of time too cuz it’s raining harder. Our cold wet possibly sleet type weather is here. I’m not liking it one bit. :/ I hope you all are having a great day.
    Cuz I aren’t you beautiful w/that big smile and your cute dancing partner. The bride was beautiful. 🙂

• California35 says:

Glad you for back before the rain.

• I have to figure out what I am getting with my $15 gift card!!! What a pleasant surprise!!

Where THe H is mine?

• Sephora sent it to me…..

Sephora sent u mine? Haha Jk. Last year I it mine in my email. Haven’t checked email in a couple days.

• I got mine by email cuz I do most of my shopping with them online.

Cool. I hope I got one, too. Just need to dig through my emails.

• Catseye says:

princesspindy, I read yesterday that your dog has bad knees and might need surgery. Have you tried or thought of trying any joint supplements in the meantime? Dasuquin works great, I’ve been using it for one of my Toy Poodles, who I am probably going to get the surgery done on, next month. I buy it from Amazon for about $50 a bottle.

• Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out. It was funny cuz I asked the dog about knee braces. He said that they would be difficult to fit. With all my cosplay and crafting experience, I whispered to my daughter “Challenge accepted”….it’s a line from How I Met Your Mother….on the way home we were discussing the design of said braces……I told her I would put a cone on Cinny’s head and put her in pink sparkly braces before she knew what hit her!!!

• Catseye says:

Actually, they do sell such a thing–for about $50, I think it was for the small size. (And also a sort of sling that goes around their mid-section, to help dogs with back leg problems walk). I KNOW you’d be able to come up with something. Maybe you could even go into biz making custom ones.

• LOL! I will look it up and copy it!!!

• Catseye says:

Animal Rehab Services in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada is the one I think I found, way back when. When I was checking, I googled dog knee brace and also luxating patella brace dog (floating kneecap which is what she has)–some of them are REALLY expensive! What I think would work really well, is something shaped like pistol holder to slip the leg in and keep it straight, there’s a video on youtube of orthodog, I think it’s called and 2 ladies explain their product and why the features are beneficial-really helpful.
                    And no, Orson, no more tiaras for us. It was all that dadgum dancin’ that wore her knees out! 😦

• Orson99.1 says:

Doggie Tiaras too?

18. Amber...Real Wife says:

Hello All. Great Blogs Always.

Re: Brandi…. AndTheBandPlayedOn. This whore is going down giving excuses for her detestable behavior. She’s trying to save that new book from being on the DollarTree shelves in a month. Her publishers must be furiously trying to halt printing on that book once they see the episode and public opinion. i.e. HW Fans.

Joyce may have tried to ‘WARN’ Lisa but she did not deserve the venom Brandi directed at her. Lisa and Yolanda should be embarassed that they co-signed her actions. Let’s see how they’ll spin it in their blogs. If Kyle and Kim stood by while a drunken Brandi harassed their new ‘friend’ it proves they were enjoying the show OR feared they’d be next. Either way I think it’s time for Brandi to go. She’s single-handedly brought down this show with her foul mouth and unfiltered ‘truth’ telling.

19. However, I will say, you don’t get to see the entirety of what happened because they can’t show everything they shot.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Brandi, none of us are stupid enough to think what we see is live as it happens. What we do see though, is unfortunate sometimes. We are all well aware of producer manipulation and leaving out parts of a scene that are irrelevant to their storylines. However, we are also aware that, most of what we see you women say, does get said. I for one couldn’t care less about who you fight with or get along with.. What I care about is the way you conduct yourself. Regardless of manipulations, THAT always comes through. If your entire season of filming is you being a bitch, a dick, and an asshole, then that is all we will see. Thank you for the heads up though.

20. Kelly_Has_Big_Shoulders says:

I found Brandi’s first book witty and funny, I will give her second one a chance too it will probably be the same style of wit.

I bought her first book. No way in hell I’m buying her second book. She has proven to be a user, lier and certifiable backstabber.

21. Buttercream says:

Thank you so much for the recap on Top Chef … I fell asleep during the commercial before the words “Pack your knives” were spoken …. 🙂 How does someone who was “allegedly” trained by Wulfgang Puck can mess up the front/back of the house in such a dreadful manner?

22. rabblerouser2010R says:

So guess whose second book is available for pre-order today, it’s the same person who just coincidently after tweeting viewers to go F themselves, release a video of them kind of apologizing but primarily making excuses try and explain their bad behavior.

Her head got too big. Success did go to her head 🙄

@BrandiGlanville: I think Im a comedian in my head &say Jokes that if Chelsea Handler said people would laugh at,but when I do housewives take it seriously:/

Original Message:

24. Dreamboat says:

I don’t think Brandi told viewers to go F themselves, she said haters.Anyway, tried posting earlier and must have not pushed post. To the people who call Brandi a whore, say she should be flushed down the toilet, she should grow up, etc, these episodes were filmed about six months ago. She obviously has grown and changed and is regretful for her behaviour, hence the apology. I believe she mentions editing not to say those weren’t her words or her fault but to say we don’t see or get to know everything leading up to episode. I loved her last book and am looking forward to her next, her voice is fresh and real.

Thanks for your comment, Dreamboat. I hope you’re right and i hope she is growing up! I not know why but I have joke for her, too. Redemption is for everyone!

Cusi~~~~You look beautiful. (as usual) 🙂

• cusi77 says:

Thank you Bostoncito, I had a blast! Beautiful wedding and lots of people I do love and haven’t seen for years!

Now I am having a very bad Cold! Help!

Brandi’s tweet~~~~Contest alert! hold on 2 ur Drinking & Dating pre-order receipts!Im gonna tell you where 2 send them in a few hours!!Come Drink&Date with me

27. Dana says:

I just posted a comment and do not see it, I don’t want to post multiple comments, just checking to see if it went through. It has been a while since I commented.

Hi dana, I see this one. Did your other comment have lots of links or maybe some swear words…or was really long? Sometimes that sends stuff to WP jail.

• Welcome Dana. It looks like it is your first time posting with that name/email on the blog – and first posts always to into moderation with wordpress. Welcome to the blog.

• Dana says:

No problem. Thank you,

• Dana says:

Also, thank you for keeping this blog going, Lynn would be proud. I bet it is hard work to blog everyday. I miss Lynn so much. I never really commented, I would just read. I didn’t agree with Lynn on everything, but that is also what kept me reading, I would wonder why she felt certain ways on issues and I always saw her point. When Lynn started her podcasts, hearing her voice just made me love her more. She reminded me of my mother.
        I would get frustrated that Lynn got so much B.S. for a blog called “I Hate Jill Zarin” I don’t hate Jill, I don’t hate any of the housewives but I sure hate the way Jill behaves. I did use google and typed in “I Hate Jill Zarin” and was a fan meditatively. I would debate with my people at work about the blog. Once I logged in our main computer and my boss was logged in, I went to go on my I.D., I had to close out all of her stuff and saw my boss was reading Lynn’s blog.:-)
        Thanks Again.

28. If Brandi’s behavior is bad enough to have her put out a video….wowza!!! Bad timing for her too what with the gift buying season upon us…..are those lost sales I hear????? And can you cancel a pre-order?? It will be interesting to see. And defending her is just gonna get harder for her fans because she is going to get backlash from these next 3 episodes and you know how good she is at impulse control….”hang on to your diapies babies, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride” <==Rugrats quote!! I need to go get the Costco size popcorn!!!

29. Just Wondering In Jersey says:

For the Little Couple fans, Jen Arnold has announced she has cancer but has not specified the type. Treatment involves both surgery and chemo and a positive outcome is expected. So sad but glad the prognosis is good.

Oh no. That is so sad but with having two young children to raise, it makes it even sadder. Not to mention, all the newborns who won’t have her experience and care to help them while she fights this and begins to recover.

I hate to hear that news. Just when they are getting their family situation settled.

Oh no! I love Jen and Bill. I hope it’s going to be ok for her.

Amy Robach return ed to GMA this week. She had a double mastectomy. Poor thing. She’s been walking around w/breast cancer and only finally did the mammogram during BCA month when Robin Roberts urged her too. The cancer had spread to the lymph nodes.

I so hate that disease. It’s just too much cancer in 2013.

Oh, no! Prayers 🙏

• lulu says:

Oh no that’s just too sad. I wish the best for Dr Jen and family.

Lindsey Vonn and her new knee is about to ski in the World Cup. Keeping fingers crossed.

31. Dana says:

How do you all get tweets to post? I tried the embedded code?

32. Dana says:

33. Dana says:

There it is.:-)

I understand that it is a show Brandi, but you have got to handle things better.

What she fails to see is that she’s the hater. She got all the love, tea and sympathy last season and now that viewers aren’t buying her little act any longer, she can’t take what viewers are saying. Are we supposed to congratulate her for being drunk and half naked?

34. Dana says:

Sorry for the multiple posts. I was trying to get the tweet to post.

35. rabblerouser2010R says:

OT.

Those of you that have elementary school aged kids will know what I am talking about…

I serious want to punch the guy who invented “Rainbow Loom” in the throat. As you all know, it’sa ll the fricking rage. I though it would be good way for Ryanne to develop her fine motor skills and blend in with her peers…so I bough one.

The hell if I know how this damn thing works. I think I will have to look at some youtube videos or something.

Mob Wives starts tonight.

Ladies you won’t believe this. I go to put my purchase s from Sephora away and 2 of the items was not in my bag. 😦 I called and spoke w/the cashier and she said “Oh my goodness they’re right here. I’m so sorry.” I told her I would pick it up tomorrow. It’s just behind where I live in a JC Penney. It was only 4 items. How did she not put them in the bag? She stuffed so much of that red tissue paper in the bag. Ugh. The only thing I have against to CUP Sephoras is that they don’t carry all of the products the Sephora stores carry.

Get this…Big Ang wants to have another baby with her 40 yr old boyfriend.

Just when my right jaw was getting better and by better I mean it’s operating at 65%, My right jaw is starting to hurt! 😢😢😢

I am sorry you are in pain 😦

But if only it was BranDI’s mouth that would only operating at 65%, she might have more supporters left.

VV…Did you go and see someone for this?

Yes, I saw my Dentist who told me what I had already researched on the internet. He ask me to do some exercises, heat and cold treatment and Motrin. It has gotten better but I think I hurt my other side because I used it more. I’m going to see my dentist again on Monday.

Oh no, VV 😦

• NJBev says:

What’s wrong? Did we know something was wrong with your jaw?
      ………. I’ve missed a lot the last couple of weeks-

TMJ. Very painful. It was only on my right side, now I’m feeling pain on my left side. 😒

VV I’m skipping my dentist and going straight to an oral surgeon —–
          And I love my dentist ! (He’s judge Judy’s brother actually)

Feel better – when i massage my jaw it helps. I can’t STAND the pain. It goes into my sinuses.

• NJBev says:

Is it stress related?

I had it many years ago, and the Dr. gave me valium,
          said mine was from stress. I thought it was weird, but strangely
          enough, it helped and it did go away…………
          I’m sorry you have to deal with this, it’s always something, isn’t it??

40. cusi77 says:

I am watching Atlanta I did not watch Sunday. That image of Kenya showing her butt-ox made me think that she could be in steroids… women have more fat than men and those “pompis” are harder than normal! Haa!

cusi…you might be on to something. That would explain her bizarre behavior.
      Beautiful wedding pictures but I want to see more please. 🙂

• cusi77 says:

By Email, Nancita! I have a very bad cold now… Maybe tomorrow I will send you some. It was a beautiful trip and the wedding was amazing!

Hi cusi…So you did end up getting sick. 😦 You thought you were.
          I would love to see more pictures but wait until you feel better.
          xo

Cusi your pictures are beautiful – and feel better – everyone seems to be getting sick around here !

41. Catseye,
    I just watched the video! WOW, that is the best instructional video I have ever seen, lol!! As I was watching it I thought that looks easier to make than the stuff I have had to make for Comic Con!! I mean I made a Hans Solo gun holster!!! We have all the stuff. We order a lot of things that come directly from China and the buckles they use we have, in fact a lot of them, lol! It is cheaper to order directly than to go to Michaels. This is possibly my next project after I finish the Hobbit costume that I haven’t started that needs to be done in 7 days….Thanks again!!

42. Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Hey where is kit? All this Brandi talk and she’s missing it-maybe she is busy listening and blogging about Brandi’s latest podcast…

Jill…Do you want us all to pitch-in for Brandi’s book? lol

I sure wish T-Rex would check in.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Haha-Nancy!!! I can handle the cost on my own!!
        Yes we need to hear from T-Rex-I hope she is well.
        I wish Diva would pop in also.

If you change your mind I will be more than happy to write you out a check. lol
          I did buy her first book but I haven’t read it yet and I have a feeling I won’t.
          Goodwill here we come. 🙂

Unbelievable! I swear you are freaking me out JNNTJ! I haven’t read the blog for a couple of days and just now finally finished Brandi’s podcast4 and was about to post it and scrolled to bottom and saw your comment! And, didn’t u post a similar question when I was just finishing the last one? You have a sixth Brandi sense! lol. Should I post it here now? I didn’t write down Mel’s email to send in. Anyone know it?

43. NJBev says:

Evening all.
    BB great re-cap, I don’t even think I need to watch the show!
    I still think Brandi is attempting to rack up some ratings with
    this video…..
    Cusi, you are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside!!

Can’t wait for Shark Tank!!

44. (phuck. Now I’m losing the M and T on the keyboard – pretty soon it will be smoke signals)

And sadly for me, with my dyslexia your posts will still be more grammatically correct and spelled better than mine.

• looneylucy says:

I feel your pain, Jeff. Back in the good ol’ days when we had one computer (laptop) in the house, my son would usually eat breakfast while on the computer. One of his favorite breakfasts at that time was cinnamon toast. After a few days of that breakfast while at the computer I noticed a slight resistance and crunching sound when I attempted to use the keyboard. Pretty soon, no keys worked. I vacuumed, bought the aerosol can of air, and the worst thing was the damp paper towel. That really did the trick. Syrup on demand. New laptop and no more cinnamon toast !

I hope this is not true.
    TLC’s The Little Couple Star Jen Arnold Is Battling A Rare Form Of Cancer http://perez.ly/1kjZRig pic.twitter.com/5bhZM4AHzH

• looneylucy says:

Sorry to say I believe it is true, boston. I’ve read it on several news feeds this evening & even saw tweets from Bill confirming the news. Breaks my heart.

I wonder if her infertility treatments played a part in this?
      She said the prognosis is good. 🙂

Nancy were they doing IVF? Is that linked to cancers ?
        Or clomid?
        Maybe just the dwarfism is linked to certain potential diseases ….. Sad.

I need to read up about this.

chismosa…I’m not exactly sure what form of treatments she was getting but
          they did go down that road before they started the adoption papers.
          I bet she has some form of female cancer.

• looneylucy says:

God only knows, Nancy. What I do know is that I so enjoyed watching them with Will, and wish we could see pics of Zoey. That is one reality show that has the feel-good vibe. They deserve all good things in the world and this prognosis for Jen pisses me off.

ITA. Their reality show is the best one hands down. It just seems so unfair.
          I’m sure she’s getting great medical care.

46. looneylucy says:

Cusi, you should have that picture framed. You are beautiful and that dress is to die for. I love the little hint of lace at the hem. What a beautiful picture.

It really is a great picture isn’t it. When a I see a picture of someone really, really smiling and having a moment of real happy happiness, it makes my own day a little brighter.

And that dress…oh foxy mama. It reminds me of “Cha Cha’ from the movie grease ,,,,so spicy and sexy.

I agree. I love when adults dance with children at weddings. I’m looking
        forward to be seeing more of the pictures.

I’m not a fan of kids at weddings but even that picture melts my cold stone heart. 💔💔
          It’s lovely

I’m not really either but I love seeing them dance together. We only had
            one child at our wedding and she was my niece and our flower girl. When it
            was her turn to walk down the aisle she turned around and said…”Aunt Nancy
            you go first.” I almost cried.

• looneylucy says:

I haven’t heard/seen that word to describe anyone lately and I love it…”lovely”. wow. that’s Cusi!

• NJBev says:

Thanks.
      I enjoyed that

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Ummmm….yeah so that was uncomfortable….choking? Like lights out choked? Passed out? Really? That was waaaaaaay more than I bargained for when I clicked that link Nancy!!! I thought it was going to be the drunken Joyce is a big fat pig thing…this was totally not what BH used to be about. OMG!!!!

I’m speechless and that doesn’t happen very often.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I seriously have no problem with raunchy girl talk but this chick forgets she’s on TV-who needs to know these things about her? Her kids? This is what they will see when they google her name one day…well this and the tampon string incident…and the falling down drunk dress around the neck things…and the Howard Stern interview thing…oh Lord the list is endless!!!!

I’m a little surprised that Eddie hasn’t started the full custody paper work yet.
            She better be careful.

Masters of Sex would have LOVED her for their study.
        We are only about 50 yrs too late. 😦

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I was thinking the same thing Nancy!!!
          This video proves to me even more that Brandi does not belong on BH she is better suited for the OC with trash mouth Tamra!!

I have to agree with that. She is bringing the show down to an uncomfortable
            level. What is she going to do when her body starts to fail her? Her entire
            identity is through her sexuality. So sad.

She actually said that a BF said she sexualizes everything. It’s really really juvenile.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

It is her entire identity-it’s sad because she knows it’s the only interesting thing about her. Interesting in that it keeps her name out there-never mind that it’s not all positive talk about-as long as people say her name she is happy. It’s sad to see a grown woman looking so desperate for attention of any kind.

Does she have any friends that aren’t ex models? And, watching this, all I can think of is how upset she was being called a bully in front of her kids. Yo, Brandi, I’d move being called a bully to the bottom of the list of things you’re upset your kids will hear about you.

• Well that was interesting. Almost as interesting as, ummmm, ‘tits on an ant’….

• California35 says:

Well, i have never heard that expression. No one i know has used it around me. I wonder where she really got it. Either, look who is talking, right? Finding fault on everything Lisa said last year Brandi, the year after Camille. Plus any any one else really.

• Pghemtchick says:

So maybe this explains her behavior….it’s Oxygen deprevation from being choked out that’s lead to a few brain cells dying (allegedly).

Seriously tho, wtf? I get everyone has their kinks, but if I wanna hear about some randoms I’ll flip on Cinemax. I agree bully is the least of those kids worries. Although, I wonder if she openly talks like this infront of the kids since she claims she can’t turn it off. So they might just be used to it.

They didn’t run this first look on TV…I just checked. Will have to view it later. Thanks for telling us about it…or not if it’s too disgusting!

Night, night. Thinking about you T-Rex.

Good morning everyone. Ouch! I slept wrong & my back hurts. It hurts to breath. ;( I went to get items from Sephora then went tothe grocery store to get a few things. It’s soldered. 37 degrees. Not as cold as some of you, Husker I know you all are cold, but I don’t like it below 65. 🙂 I’m going to drink my Chai tea latte and rest my back. Everyone have a fantastic day.

Good Morning! 26 brrr very overcast here. Very unusual weather for December. I was at the salon yesterday too…couldn’t fit it in before T-Giving. Seems like I am always behind lately and can’t get caught up!

Hope your back will reverse itself and feel better. It’s hard when those aches happen and it’s cold.

Oh, about the cold blast, doesn’t break freezing today. Luckily the ice stayed north of Austin. :-D. Normally the high would be around 60.

Hope you back feels better, Powell. Maybe a heating pad would help.

Oh Nancy I watched the Grammy Noms so I didn’t see the first part of Mob Wives. Big Ang and Drita had me cracking up about Renee’s model. I don’t remember her name. That girl shouldn’t drink. 🙂

Hi BB! What is Jack up to these days?!

Hi. Jack is getting over a cold and teething, so he’s had kind of a rough week. But things have been better the past couple of days. He’s getting back to his happy self. I’ll change my gravatar. This pic from about a week or so ago is him eating carrots. You can see one of his two new top teeth. It takes a while for the gravatar picture to change though.

I’ll wait for it! Thanks for the reply, I hope he’s back to full flegded happy happy soon! 🙂