Brownstone Sued by Waitress by NMD

A waitress has sued the management team of the Brownstone citing verbal abuse and refusal to pay overtime.  Both Al and Tommy Manzo were named in the suit, along with another manager.  Al and Tommy are husbands to reality stars Caroline and Dina Manzo respectively, but Dina and Tommy are recently separated.

The official papers can be found on this link.  The management team is accused of using words such as: “bitch, fucking stupid bitch, spic bitches, lazy motherfuckers, stumbling motherfucker, and fucking screw-up” when addressing the waitress.  Tommy is also accused of saying, “Are you blind?  What are you, Chinese?  Open your eyes.”

The waitress, Lanise Jackson, worked at the Brownstone twice, once from October 2011 to April 2012 and also from September to November of 2013.

The Brownstone team has denied that any of this occurred.

This is the second time the restaurant has been sued in recent years.  In 2011 a waiter sued to recover overtime.  That case still appears to be pending.

________________________________________

Bethenny Tries to Bust into a Party by NMD

Ever been invited to a party but left of the VIP list?  Nope – that’s never happened to me, but it does happen to a surprising number of Bravolebrities.  Bethenny Frankel is the latest in a series, and when told she was not on the guest list, tried to walk through anyway, and when that didn’t work she tried to limbo under the ropes.  All of this was (sort of) caught on tape by TMZ.  I wonder if she’ll talk about this on her show.

Here is a link to the video.

______________________________________________

Yolanda’s Recovery by NMD

Yolanda Foster has explained to viewers that her brain seems “fuzzy” and operating at only a fraction of its normal capacity.  Yesterday she tweeted a photo of her brain scan, saying, “They Finally found the aftermath of Lyme destruction in my brain! #MyLuckyDay #BrainScience #lymedisease

Yolanda has come under intense fire lately because of the drama on the reality show. Many of us give her a pass for her abruptness on the show, knowing how crummy she must feel all the time.  Having a friend going through this, I very much get the mood swings, snappiness, and overall frustration at dealing with a bunch of mindless drama when you’ve got real issues consuming you.  I even understand why she stayed on the show.  There are so many women out there dealing with doctors that don’t even believe in chronic lyme disease.  My friend’s treatments weren’t covered by insurance.  There is nothing more frustrating than knowing something is wrong and not getting answers.

I wish Yolanda the best of luck on her recovery.  I’m not sure what the brain scan is supposed to show, but I did find a resource that indicates that brighter colors indicate more intense activity.  I noticed on Yolanda’s twitter and facebook people were asking for an explanation, but none was given – so there is really no way of knowing what she wanted us to see.  It doesn’t really matter.  She wants answers and feels like this scan is a step in the right direction.

To everyone who is dealing with crummy medical stuff right now, I hope you get your answers, and I hope people cut you a little slack.  Even if you are on a reality show.

yolandasbrain

The image above is the one Yolanda tweeted.  The image below is from the University of Utah under brain scans.  I just googled brain scan colors.

crackingthecolorcodebrainscan

______________________________________________

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

155 Responses to Brownstone Sued by Waitress, Bethenny tries to Bust into a Party plus Yolanda’s Recovery

Good morning everyone. It’s Saturday. Ahhhhhh. I hope you’re relaxing. I’m set for the impending snow by this afternoon. I guess. :/ Everyone stay warm and enjoy your Saturday.

Some very interesting stories NMD. Thks. 🙂

My goodness. If Brownstone Mgr and Tommy said those things to her or anyone they ought to be ashamed and if they did I hope she wins the lawsuit. My question for her, not that it makes any difference at all, why would she work there on several occasions?

When is the stupid Manzo show airing? I wonder if this came out as part if getting people talking about Manzo. Stories of dissatisfied staff at Brownstone have been swirling for years.

Maybe she really needed the money and thought: “well the overtime will be worth it” and then decided to sue when the overtime didnt come. Just guessing.

That’s good Lainey. I suppose if you need the money you put up w/anything. When she previously worked there maybe the tips were good too.

• Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

Why don’t they have an electronic clock system? Its kind of standard these days.

Not sure what to make of the B story.

5. The lady suing Al and Tommy must have been covering the Paula Deen story, it sounds almost the same with few exceptions. It will probably end up the same way for her but I doubt it will do much to tarnish the Brownstone or Manzo names. I think people see the suit for what it is, an attempt for a settlement. #extortion.

@giggythepom: http://t.co/T2XibIY7vY
    Just can’t get out of bed this morning…life is sweet
    #enjoythemoment

Original Message:

Yofo is taking a lot of fire on Twitter for her support and behavior of Brandi. I can’t see comments on her Bravo Blog on the mobile app. I wonder if people are letting her know there too.

I can understand that feeling crummy would make one grumpy toward everyone and life in general. But if it is her illness causing her to mistreat others, it’s interesting that we’ve only seen her mistreat certain people, not the whole cast. But then again, the season isn’t over, is it?

It’s selective with her. I don’t trust her. She calculates her every move.

I was one of her fans before this season. It’s disappointing. I thought for sure she would issue an apology in her blog but instead she gave excuse after excuse for Brandi’s behavior (whom I was once also not too long ago a Fan of). So is it the Lyme disease that caused her atrocious behavior at Joyce’s dinner? “Stay out of this sweetheart”. Etc. whilst anything Brandi did and said was a-ok because,…because…oh yeah because she stood by Yolanda during her illness and because Brandi is “broken. “. We all know her standards for good manners are very high. Do y’all remember when SHE hosted a dinner…how she reprimanded her guests for “humming” and for having the audacity to think it was ok to sing along? But it’s ok for HER to lecture her hostess at the pool (while inexplicably ganging up on her) about the duties of a hostess #GETINTHEPOOL and to shut her hostess up at HER own dinner.

I wonder what she meant by posting that brain scan. I actually couldn’t tell if her message was a positive one or if we were supposed to be worried/shocked/alarmed about the “aftermath” of Lyme disease and the effect on her brain. I found it an odd move on her part. It’s confusing to most. Usually anytime she talks about Lyme disease it’s to promote understanding of it, the seriousness of it, etc…so, I have a hard time believing she was happy about it. But again, I’m admittedly confused by it all.

• boston02127 says:

VV—totally agree.

LOL at B making a limbo move to get into the club. It looked/sounded like the 2 guys were telling her no but she was trying to talk her way in. She’s pulling a ‘S and Countess move. Why continue trying to get in if they won’t let you in? It’s a bit embarrassing to me.

B is smarter than that. She knew cameras were rolling. Why would she attempt to do that taking a chance if being turned down and get caught on film?

Just watched the video, I thought it was going to be a full blown limbo with shimmy!!! The “article” says she was invited but her name was left off the list. That must be a horrible feeling.

9. jezzibel says:

Yolanda’s skull is very thin at the back of her head, but very thick at the front and base of her skull….there I’ve said something obscure with no explanation…See how annoying that is Bravo celebs

10. cusi77 says:

Sorry, I brought this from the previous page:

VV™ says:

December 14, 2013 at 8:07 am

yolandahfoster’s photo http://instagram.com/p/U38tB_IszJ/

VV™ says:

December 14, 2013 at 8:08 am

Mobile IG reads 46 weeks ago.

VV™ says:

December 14, 2013 at 8:22 am

She reported again 8 weeks ago..

yolandahfoster’s photo http://instagram.com/p/fj_4ufIs4G/

cusi77 says:

December 14, 2013 at 9:02 am

What in Heavens will happen there in RHOBH? Yolanda, Brandi and Kyle flying to Paris together? Yolanda is now Kyle’s “group”? That means that Joyce , Kim, Kyle, Yolanda and Brandi are BFF! Tides will change dramatically while the Season unfolds.. I guess… Meanwhile people fighting, calling them names, and they are laughing all the way to the Bank!

NMD according to the color chart you included and from her scan she has a lot of blue and that indicates low activity. We all know different parts of our brain have different functions. Yo said she does puzzles to help refire her brain. Maybe the blue areas are what her therapy is trying to ignite. It’s sad. I hope she makes a full recovery. It’s also sad for your friend NMD that her treatments for her illness are not covered by insurance. The statistics are higher for women whereas the docs don’t believe their symptoms. Many docs are still in the stone age where they tell women to get a new hairdo or go on vaca and they will be fine. I hope your friend also makes a full recovery. I remember Yo saying she went out of the country for some treatments. People w/money are fortunate that money is no object and they can circumvent the globe for answers.

Yolanda is very fortunate to be able to receive the best treatments available. It is sad for NMDs friend, that she can’t do the same.

Lisa didn’t fly with them to Paris. Something tells me (now) that there was a lot of Lisa talking and backstabbing on the long flight from LA to Paris.

yolandahfoster’s photo http://instagram.com/p/WSjFAqos0V/

Mobile IG reads she posted the below pic 46 weeks ago. She posted again 8 weeks ago.

yolandahfoster’s photo http://instagram.com/p/U38tB_IszJ/

Wait a minute! Somebody correct me if I’m wrong. Did Kim travel with them to Paris or Did she take a later flight? I might be confused with Hawaii. Not sure.

13. LaineyLainey says:

I have stuff to do, must go buy something for the ornament exchange at work, pay some bills, laundry, sweeping up my disgusting kitchen floor…why, why, why did I choose a light colored floor… I will see you guys in a coupla 2 or 3 hours. Have a good one!

14. LaineyLainey says:

Before I leave, just for fun…by a show of hands or comments, who HAS their tree up! Not I!!! Reason: too lazy. Maybe we will do that today, too. I don’t even mean that. Ok, maybe tomorrow! I sort of mean that.

NMD – Thank you for the Yolanda post. People can say whatever they want about her, but I will not participate in being critical of her.

I just caught the 2nd epi of Mob Wives. LOL. The 2 new ladies from Philly don’t really have a clue about Drita and Big Ang and the one that’s married to Renee’s childhood friend just cracks me up thinking Renee in any way is going to rat on her friend or her friend Carla that used to date Renee’s childhood friend. These ladies look like they are on the show just to cause trouble.

17. LisaJ says:

I think a lot of Yolanda’s bluntness, and rudeness can be attributed to her being Dutch. My father is Dutch, but my mother was not. I grew up in a small town that tons of Dutch people flocked to in the 20s and 30s. I went to a Dutch church, and a Dutch school. We got our gas at the Dutch gas station, cakes at the Dutch bakery…you get the picture. To me, it always seemed like they lacked some kind of filter. If they thought it, they said it, even if it was rude, thoughtless, etc. i don’t want to offend anyone, but that’s been my experience of 50+ years of dealing with Dutch people. Hope I don’t piss anyone off.

• iceNfire says:

Hi LisaJ – Interesting to hear about the Dutch. I was watching an Amish show and they speak Dutch but I don’t know why.
      Seems to me that Yolanda, Lisa, Joyce and Brandi were upset that there was no staff to help them. We have seen many RHONY trips to private houses/boats fully staffed. Maybe Kim and Kyle were annoyed too but they were staying in the main house and didn’t have to lug their suitcases “hundreds of yards”.
      Joyce wasnt being a good hostess – imo

• I think Bravo sets it up that way to make it interesting. I’ll bet Joyce had nothing to do with it.

• Pghemtchick says:

The funny thing about Amish “Dutch” (PA Dutch) is that it’s actually German. When the early Amish settled in Pa, they fell under the term “Deitsch” because the dialect of the German wasnt that of the main population. Out of that Pa Dutch was born. Crazy how that happened based on a word sounding like Dutch but actually has nothing to do with Dutch. I wish I had met my great grandpa on mom’s side, he was fluent in it. Now when we hit up Amish areas, I’m out of the loop. Although, I do love Holmes County Ohio. They were do nice and spoke English around us and actually talked. Such a different experience than our trips they Lancaster.

Thanks for that LisaJ. Very interesting. I’m not offended.

I am not surprised by your observation, LisaJ. Thanks for sharing.

That was my take on it as well last week. Thanks for your inside knowledge 🙂

About the Brownstone and the Manzos. I don’t see anything coming of this and they’ve probably dealt with this issue before. There aren’t many businesses out there that don’t have at least one unhappy ex employee who has a gripe about something.

About Yolanda. Sick or not, Dutch or not, she’s rude and talks down to people. I can see being tired, confused or having a hard time following a conversation as part of her condition. Then she might be a little short with everyone. But that’s not how she’s acting. She’s snappy to one person while at the same time, nice to another. I’ve made it a point to stop commenting on her appearance because of her sickness, but I’m not buying that her bad behavior is all due to her having Lyme disease. That being said, I’m sorry she has it and hope she gets better.

About Bethenny, I DON’T CARE!

• iceNfire says:

She was expecting staff. Who wants to go on vacation and have to do ordinary household chores like carrying luggage and making your own breakfast, lunch and drinks. She doesn’t even do that in her own home.

” She’s snappy to one person while at the same time, nice to another”
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Well said. I wish her well, too, but I wont pretend its ok with me the way she mistreats CERTAIN people on the show. Disappointing.

I still think she is beautiful, I still admire her love and devotion of her man and her marriage and her children. But nobody’s perfect, and I kinda thought she was. So I guess that’s on me.

I understand the whole she’s sick, shes Dutch, she was ironing at the age of 5 (?)…she expected staff, more help, she didn’t expect to carry her bags…etc… I get that she maybe wasn’t happy about the trip or accommodations,…but to me, it doesn’t excuse her mistreatment of the hostess. There is no excuse for that. (At least based on what we were shown)

19. Lulu says:

Hello everyone hope your day is fabulous!! It snowed about a foot and the governor and his father are out in the snow. I feel bad for my DH when it’s time to bring him back in!! 😉

Here is what I am doing………..

• Lulu says:

[URL=http://s930.photobucket.com/user/ldw0910/media/IMG_20131214_124747_zps50b6373e.jpg.html][IMG]http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad149/ldw0910/IMG_20131214_124747_zps50b6373e.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I hope they have fun. OMG Lulu. The Gov & the Prez are going to love love love it. I wish this was smellavision. It looks so yummy. 🙂

Mmmmm! Are you a professional baker, Lulu?! Think you mentioned that or a being a chef before and this pic is triggering the memory. Looks like a gingerbread house, nor, castle! Wish I were there to help! 😛

Hi lulu…guess what I’m getting for Christmas? I’ll start reading it right away.

I’m so jealous that you have snow. Not fair. You may send me some cookies
      please. 🙂

I’m watching Shah’s. Coconut looks too darn cute in her birthday outfit.

Baking today! oh…….shhhhh…I picked up my new car… 🙂

Last year Yolanda’s kids were able to enjoy Christmas with both their parents. This year p, probably not. They have to thank Brandi for that.

Ramona, you’re killin’ me! 😉

You too?! Rub it in!

27. I have spent all day resetting my computer. HP says I have a virus – but it all started going wrong after I updated to Windows 8.1. I sure hope the reset works. I am officially sick of computers today.