Reality TV – Creating the Storyline by NMD

Reality TV is soft scripted.  Even though the cast doesn’t follow a written script, when the show is edited, it is cut into story arcs.  People just aren’t that interesting 24/7.  With the editing comes a lot of creative license.  They editors and producers are telling a story from hours and hours of footage.  It’s really no different than a scripted show, except the actors are doing improv rather than reading lines. They play off each other – with some reactions real, and others manufactured.

David Ropel is one of the people responsible for the Real Housewives franchise.  He was an original producer for Orange County, and produced a few episodes for the first season of Beverly Hills.  His experience on reality TV is deep, ranging from Temptation Island to Housewives.   Below is an excerpt from an interview he gave to the writers’s guild talking about how he puts together a show.

People tune into a reality show and expect a beginning, middle, and end, just as if they were watching an episode of ER. When I worked on scripted shows, there was no problem. You simply write all the relevant beats to that week’s tale.With reality, things are different. Real people don’t live their lives in carefully packaged scenes. Nobody wakes up, announces a topic for the day, has meaningful discussions throughout the day about that topic, and then has a tidy wrap-up talk before they go to bed.That means story producers must find creative ways to fill in the missing gaps of stories. This could mean:• Searching for footage that may have happened days or weeks apart that are about the same topic. (That’s why drastic haircuts were so problematic on The Real World.)

• Make sure you interview the participants thoroughly, so that you can “create” a missing scene with interview bites and appropriate b-roll footage. When I worked on Bug Juice(a show for Disney Channel about kids at summer camp), we faced a major problem with our big boy-girl love story. After weaving this storyline through nine episodes, we were caught flat-footed when our boy Connor had the nerve to dump his girl, Stephanie, off-camera! We had enough interview bites to explain what happened, but we needed a good visual to make it work… If you catch a rerun of the show, you will see a happy Stephanie obliviously bounce up to Connor, who solemnly takes her hand and leads her off, as his interview bite explains he needs to end things. With the help of a tender music cue, it turned out to be a touching and bittersweet end to our summer romance. The reality: Steph walked up to Connor, gushed about his Adidas t-shirt and they headed off to have lunch. We used the interview bites and music cue to shape the otherwise innocuous scene to approximate the reality that we failed to shoot.

• Find a scene that has many of the same emotional beats as the missing one, and use interview bites to shape it to be about the other topic. Example: an argument about an ex-boyfriend and an argument about paying the check have many similarities–looks of frustration, angry body language and similar verbal sentiments (“Why are you being so stubborn?”). If you remove all references to paying the check and add interview bites about the “ex-boyfriend,” you’ll be able to approximate the missing scene.

Ethics Note: We don’t “create” scenes to trick people. With the exception of Big Brother, there is no show that I am aware of that shoots 24/7, which means we are going to miss certain moments. Those gaps in the plot have to be filled to make the story complete.

David Ropel

Jeff Bartsch edits reality shows, below he talks about cutting a scene for a show he was working on.

A few months ago, I was editing for a current popular reality TV show. Sitting in my dimly lit edit bay, I flipped through my story notes and started watching the raw footage of the scene I was about to cut. At that moment, the husband and wife in the scene were in the midst of an argument mediated by the show’s main protagonist. Watching the footage, I was presented with multiple ways to end the scene, with options ranging from the husband completely stonewalling the discussion to the couple literally kissing and making up.I reached for my phone and dialed up my story producer. She told me that the husband’s character arc was an important thread throughout the episode; he shouldn’t give in immediately, but he has to be likeable. In light of that, I cut the scene so that the couple came to an uncertain middle ground and agreed to keep moving forward on the task at hand. Ah yes, a potential story snag averted. Good times.

Taking a sip from my Diet Coke, I reflected on what had just happened. With one conversation, my story producer and I had just shaped issues of audience empathy, prolonged the release of tension, and ultimately provided a turning point in the arc of the show’s characters. Now if that’s not writing, I don’t know what is.

Jeff Bartsch

In David Gopel’s interview, he added an ethics note about scene manipulation and not trying to ‘trick’ people.  His interview was written quite a few years ago.  I suspect the line on that issue has shifted as the production companies from the various franchises compete for the most popular city in the series.

This is not to excuse any on-screen behavior, but to simply point out that what we’re seeing and reacting to, is heavily influenced by how it is edited.

______________________________________

Phil Suspended from Duck Dynasty after Homophobic Comments by NMD

phil-robertson-duck-dynasty

From A&E network Wednesday:

“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty”

“His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.”

Phil’s comments in a January issue of GQ where he compares homosexuality to bestiality and promiscuity:

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he tells reporter Drew Magary. “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

GLAAD rep Wilson Cruz responded to Robertson’s remarks with a statement:

“Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil’s lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe. He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans — and Americans — who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples.

“Phil’s decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families.

In another quote – Phil made comments about pre-civil rights days that are sure to raise eyebrows.

“Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash.  They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

_________________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

343 Responses to Reality TV – Creating the Storyline and Phil Suspended from Duck Dynasty after Homophobic Comments

Good morning everyone. Happy TGIF eve. I hope you all are well. Can you believe only 6 days until Santa? Stay warm and have a great day.

I saw the DD story on GMA. Well Phil put his foot in it and now suspension is the price he has to pay. I suspect they’ll ride it out.

Thank you for writing about Editing Reality Shows. Bravo edit should be taken with a grain of salt because after all they control the story.
    We’ve seen people say things when lips are not moving and many more scene manipulation via voice over and TL manipulation.

There is another interview with a former Producer that FW had posted some time ago. It have a lot of info on how these Crspfests are being produced.

4. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? We can say whatever about the miley’s and the lohan’s and even our President but if we speak against an AA or the gay comunity there is hell to pay!

• SoutheastVA says:

He exercised his freedom of speech. He hasn’t been imprisoned or had his citizenhip taken away. However, when you represent a corporation or brand, you must weigh the consequences of exercising your freedom of speech with the corporation’s right to exercise its free market values to exact punitive measures if they disagree with your views/comments.

• Freedom of Speech all the way! But as a gay man, I’m sick of hearing this kind of crap. We’ve heard this shit all of our lives. Just leave us gays out of it – we really don’t want to be the topic of random negative hetero interviews. Don’t give some stupid asshole justification for their next gay bashing.

GQ should have given the guy a chance to retract before publishing. He had to know that it wouldn’t go over well. Should have left that closet door shut!

As someone mentioned here the other day, less than 50 years ago in the US, we were considered mentally ill. Some countries still execute gays, just because they can.

Can’t we all just get along in this crazy, messed up, weird world?

5. Pghemtchick says:

I don’t agree with him. To each their own on views in my opinion.
    The first amendment covers all sorts of speech, and I think a section of people believe he should be spared on this. On this end, I personally don’t care. One mans skewed (IMO) view shouldn’t be a factor in the grand scheme of equality and acceptance.
    Now, here’s what has me curious. I wonder if he can file a discrimination suit against the network… He obviously was fired for his statements/views about homosexuality. He cites his views are his take on the Bible (he doesn’t stare it but it’s 1 Corinthians 6:9). So along that theory he was fired for exercising his First Amendment right of Fredom of religion. I wonder where they go with this?

I may give him a pass on the religious aspect, but as an educated man there had to be a light bulb moment that it wasn’t going to be well received. That doesn’t get a pass from me. Sometimes it’s just better to say no client to religion and politics; however, as a pastor he may have seen it as a pulpit to the nation to share his interpretation of the Lord’s word. Oh to know what was going on in his mind.

• Pghemtchick says:

No client = no comment. Ah auto correct my downfall.

Freedom of Speech covers the government not allowing you to speak freely. We always have that right however, there are consequences when the company you work for disagrees with you. A&E chose to react to his public statements, and I think that is their right.

Actions have consequences.

• Pghemtchick says:

Oh I agree 100% there. The freedom of speech doesn’t cover what private companies do. Heck if it did I can imagine quite a few of us telling off a boss at one point. Lol. That’s why my musing was on freedom of religion which is also covered by the 1st amendment. If he was fired solely for his religious belief then I was curious if it becomes discrimination? What if an employer decided religious holidays were mandatory work days and fired anyone who missed? (That has been taken in front of the Supreme Court) I believe they also ruled drug tests that were positive for peyote or firing someone for smoking it was discriminatory to their religion (if of course that’s why. The case they heard that was the cause).

But, I don’t see A&E telling him not to practice any religion he wants. Sorry, but I don’t see the basis in Freedom of Religion. A&E isn’t suspending a religion.

Maybe this is a better way to say it. Freedom of Religion restricts the government from singling out a particular religion, giving it restriction or benefit different from any other.

• Pghemtchick says:

Interesting thoughts. Speculation is all we can do atm and I appreciate you willing to discuss this 🙂 I enjoyed the counter view on the thoughts and that everything was calm and collected (some other places are blowing up with people spewing hate). That’s why I love this place. We can think out and “talk” about topics. I hate to turn Andy’s phrase but guess we’ll have to “whatch what happens”. I’m sure this will be getting to the spin machines very quickly.

First of all, I don’t agree with Phil’s statement concerning homosexuality.

Having said that, I totally support his right to say it. It doesn’t come from a place of hate (not like those from the Foxboro Baptist Church in Kansas). It comes from his Biblical teachings and readings. I believe Phil does not hate the person, he hates their perceived ‘sin.’ As he said in the GQ article, we should all love one another and God, and the world would be a better place.

We are all God’s children and are deserving of the same rights. Come to me with love in your heart and I will give back to you the same. Phil’s heart has a lot of love in it and I will continue to watch Duck Dynasty.

• Pghemtchick says:

“Again, I repeat, I don’t agree with his views on this subject at all. But I do love him as a fellow Christian who has a different viewpoint. Agree to disagree so to speak, but respect each other in doing so. I’m so tired of the hate and vitriol on this subject. It’s only when those with cooler heads and thoughtfully chosen words can we get on the same page of basic human rights.”
        ————————–
        ^^^ This. Well worded and love the last sentence.

• iceNfire says:

I don’t watch DD and don’t really care about a person’s sexuality but I do believe we all have a right to out own opinion, we share ours here daily – imo 🙂

• shamrockblonde says:

agree 1000 percent – very well said –

• Amalfi says:

I support Phil’s right to say whatever he wants. I also support my right to consider him a total A-hole and applaud his “hiatus”. What a total douchebag.

Pchick it’s not going anywhere. He signed a contract and you know there’s all kinds of fine print.

• SoutheastVA says:

I feel what you’re saying. In my post above I didn’t mention his take on how black people used to so happy back in the day working the fields and such. They always had a smile…zippity doo da. More likely they were too afraid to tell him how they really felt so they wouldn’t get in trouble.

Thank you for pulling together the blogs, NMD. I had not read the reality producers interviews and find them very enlightening. Reality TV has come a long way from the original reality shows.

Happy Thursday!

7. Katie (aka kats2) says:

WTH?!? I didnt’ see this apologize if someone already shared the following

Brandi treated the following

All / No replies
    Brandi Glanville ‏@BrandiGlanville 10h
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Brandi Glanville ‏@BrandiGlanville 10h

@BrandiGlanville: Heading to bed, just had a heart 2 heart with @KimRichards11 I soooooo wanna call bull shit on so many people and things right now!

Original Message:

@BrandiGlanville: So many people that I loved and I thought I trusted are pieces of SHIT! Good night, be good human beings xb

Original Message:

@KimRichards11: @BrandiGlanville Hang In there Girl!💕 Im here if you need me📞
      XO

Original Message:

• Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

I hope the bitch DOES make a bigger ass out of herself. The sooner she’ll go away.

• Well Kim must be unhappy about something her sister is doing if she is having a heart to heart with Brandi. IMHO, someone underestimated what a sober Kim might do or say. And Brandi sounds like she just found out she got played big time. Interesting times ahead.

Brandi and Kim together – rather odd combination don’t you think? A bit like the blind leading the blind? I don’t think Kim is strong enough to help Brandi. I hope she’s not being an enabler like the rest of Brandi’s friends.

• Pghemtchick says:

It was interesting that in her talking head, she basicly commented that Brandi needed help and then paused and said she didn’t want to talk anymore. I think Kim is seeing herself in Brandi atm and she’s not liking it. It’s painful to her. Then again that could just be manufactured drama as well.

I don’t know Husker. Kim has been seeing things much clearly. She may be able to help Brandi. Kim probably still has a way to go but she can see many signs of what unhappiness looks like.

I think this part of the weekly let’s bash Lisa Vanderpump plan. People are tiring of it.

8. jezzibel says:

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all.”
    ― Noam Chomsky
    I might not agree with Mr Robertsons choice of words, and his beliefs are not exactly mine, but I defend his right to say them, even if I don’t like it or agree with it.

• Jules says:

And I defend A&E’s right to suspend him.

• jezzibel says:

And your are fully entitled to that opinion and I don’t think any less of you for it.
        Jules this is why we would never be asked on a reality TV show..we have a difference of opinion and we both expressed it and gotten on with life and not resorted to name calling, screaming, or had to be separated by a bouncer while drunkenly trying to pull each others weaves out.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

This conversation would end up on the cutting room floor! Reality TV wants drama not respectful give and take!!

• Jules says:

Darn jezzibel was counting on us havng huge $$$ contacts and being the first show with gals and guys sitting around discussing topics.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Jules-I would watch that show but only if you wore fabulous clothes and shoes and then talked trash about each other behind backs!! (I’m kidding about the trash talk but not about the shoes).

• jezzibel says:

Jules I don’t think people could handle watching a polite, respectful, conversation with different opinions being expressed rationally between 2 people, it would be too weird for them to handle.

9. Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

If a reports asks you a question like this, you HAVE to assume that they will piece things together and omit other statements to make it as inflammatory as possible to create a story to get the reporter more recognition.

(Never trust the reporters!)

He bascially said, he doesn’t understand A, B, C, or D. He has said in the past that he was some of those things he listed off inthe article. Bottom line, he should’ve known better than to answer the question. Below is the statement he gave as a response:

“I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

• iceNfire says:

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t those DD people very rich in their own right? They don’t need the money/advertisement from reality tv like a RH does. They could just walk away from A&E and the lose will be A&Es

• windycitywondering2 says:

On another blog it was mentioned that they have like $400 million – if so, ITA they don’t need the money from either the show or endorsements.

• shamrockblonde says:

this is the first time I am seeing this statement – the other one is all over everywhere – thank you for posting this – and yes, the Robertson family do not need this show for monetary reasons – they are currently the highest rated cable show in history – if A&E loses this show their advertising revenue will suffer greatly and some other cable company will snap it right up – it was never about the money – Phil spoke his mind and A&E did what they felt they had to do – the overblown outrage over this is generated by the media, not the Robertson family or A&E –

After reading about Phil Robertson and his past, I don’t think he’s really worried about his suspension from A&E. From what I understand, he didn’t even want to come back for another season. This is a man who gave up a professional football career because he didn’t want to miss hunting seasons (Terry Bradshaw was a back up quarterback to him in college). He didn’t show up for the Barbara Walters interview because he was duck hunting. I may be wrong, but if he is the who I think he is, he is not going to come out with some lame apology for his remarks. I think he said what he believes and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks about it. He could pursue a religious discrimination lawsuit against A&E if he wanted to just for the heck of it.

• iceNfire says:

Hi BB – You words are better than mine LoL

• designernailsdiana says:

Well stated BB

Phil is Phil and nothing anyone says will ever change his opinions. This is one man’s thoughts and so much uproar about them. Why can’t we put as much energy behind these words that he said in the same article . . . “However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

• missusmc says:

Maybe I’m cynical because of Bravo, but this whole thing reeks of publicity stunt to me. Phil has made it clear he wants out; he’s avoided publicity in the past; there’s a new season starting next month. What better way to ensure viewers than create this craziness? People will still watch his last season and ratings will be through the roof, Phil gets to quit the show and preach one more time to he masses,and GQ has a huge rise in readership. There is no one who loses in this situation, except us, because we keep falling for reality tv stories as being real every single time.

• Anne says:

Well, I’m cynical too, because I had similar thoughts. I don’t watch Duck Dynasty, but I can’t imagine that Mr. Robertson’s views come as a surprise to A & E, even if they aren’t featured prominently in the television show.

Phil didn’t get the offer. That was his son, the CEO of the company that was drafted by the Redskins.

@LisaVanderpump: @Bethenny @beckyjoboo
    Ha yes even tho she keeps trashing me!
    I don’t pay attention…never mind and good morning.

Original Message:

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

If she doesn’t pay attention…how does she know….never mind

I think she means she doesn’t engage or retaliate. Hence Bethenny’s drinks are still served at SUR.

• She doesn’t want to talk about it, lol.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I think she means she pays attention to every word but likes to pretend that she couldn’t be bothered…

I’m sure she knows BUT doesn’t engage. The diety tasting drink is still being served. Lisa is smart enough to know what things need attention and what doesn’t and how to do it. It’s that Bobby Fisher instinct she has. Take Our Lady of Perpetual Victim (Kyle Richards). There aren’t enough tweets to bash her castmates she replies too. She has toned down a little because it was brought up to her attention. Brandi GlanVile is another example.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

VV-Lisa responded with that comment to be snarky-she gave it attention b/c she wants a little publicity..just like VyleKyle and Brandi GlanVILE-

…and again, I agree with her giving it attention since Bethenny has had three Housewives on her show (Brandi, Kim, Kyle) bashing Lisa. Isn’t it interesting that those three are the first RHOBH guests (Team Kyle/Brandi). Coordinated? Absolutely!

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

But she isn’t paying attention…according to her tweet but in her own words never mind.

Paying attention and acknowledging the bashing are two separate things.
                    People tweet her about it and I’m sure people tell her about it what is going on at Brthenny’s show. So, she’s aware of it. I can perfectly understand it.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Kind of how Kyle pays attention to the cheating rumors and acknowledges the tweets-they all do it VV-that’s all I’m saying. It’s not a problem for me that Lisa does it too but she does it full on and then says never mind-that’s crap-she isn’t “never mind”ing anything.

Our Lady of Perpetual Victim? Now that’s funny . . . and so true!

Lisa’s not stupid. Her customers have asked for it. She gave it to them and will continue to.

She doesn’t want to talk about it, but replies and retweets…something like that.

Somebody tweeted her. We now know about it because she replied to the tweet. I bet many like me didn’t know SGM were being served at SUR.

It’s just more Lisa double talk.

12. Pghemtchick says:

Harvey Levin from TMZ just weighed in on his take on Phil:
    (4 tweets so I’ll do them in comments)

@HarveyLevinTMZ: A&E – outrageous for suspending Phil. They knew his beliefs when they hired him..he was ON VIDEO. A&E has a litmus test on what we can say

I have noticed an increased interaction between RHOBH cast replying to bloggers. Mainly the Team Kyle/Brandi.

14. Jules says:

DD another totally scripted show. Don’t think they care if it is cancelled. was a lark that their videos were discovered and they were approached to do a show. Got a couple of books and appearance out of it. They are preachers. Go live and answer for it in the end.

as a christian taoist (the sect of christianity is catholic) am of the “don’t judge” thought. Matthew 7:1, Luke 6:37, Romans 2:1, 2, James2:13, Isaiah 65:5 and pretty sure somewhere in Corinthians among others. Got a hard enough time staying on the path myself.

• iceNfire says:

Hi Jules – I have never heard Taoism in connection with Christianity. Isn’t it of Chinese origin? Meaning “The Path” the Yin and Yang?

• Jules says:

Yes it is the way. Fits nicely with christian beliefs of doing right by your neighbor. Your actions are yours.

• iceNfire says:

Do you belong to a Christian Taoist church? I found a Tao Temple once but when I inquired I found that their services were spoken in Chinese. I was told that if I would like to attend they would do it in English for me. Even though I Really Really wanted to go, I declined. That was the most welcoming church/temple i have ever encountered

15. Katie (aka kats2) says:

VV – here’s another one, any background on this one?

Brandi Glanville ‏@BrandiGlanville 1h
    Certain “real housewives” cant seem 2stop talking about me,I actually feel bad that they have nothing interesting to say about themselves :/

16. Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

This one…she can’t stop her tweet VOMIT!!!

• Katie (aka kats2) says:

Haha jinx look above. I wanted to know if you knew who she’s talking about?

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Ha! I just popped on twitter to see what was going on and saw this!
        Joyce is one HW but who else is talking about her???

• Katie (aka kats2) says:

Someone from ATL? the twirler? I can’t think of her name so can’t look at her twitter.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

Kenya…I haven’t seen anything on twitter from any HWs talking about Brandi-maybe VV has seen something?

I’m operating on 19% batteries. Can’t do much research right now BUT will report once I get home and recharge 😀

Brandi’s BFF is a new HW to the NY franchise. Perhaps, the gossip is coming from that side (I’m guessing. I don’t follow NY anymore).
              It’s quite obvious the turtle lover HW is the source of this gossip unless Kim is decoy for the real source. Not sure.
              Most of these ladies use the same Hair Stylist and Make Up people and I’m sure gossip flyies that way too.

Brandi is killing RHOBH one tweet at a time.

• Anne says:

Could be a tweet for a manufactured storyline? Maybe?? After all, Mr. Robertson is the top headline today on entertainment and gossip sites. Frankly, I can’t imagine that any of the current RHONY ladies have time or interest in Brandi’s antics. I don’t watch the other shows on a regular basis, but I can’t see anyone from NJ or Atl having any interest either. Maybe someone from Miami?

Wait isn’t she talking about other housewives in that tweet?

• Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

Maybe Joyce said something to new BFF FatKyle who in turn told Kim.

We’ve seen this before with Kim on the show.

17. Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

VV-maybe now that Lisa and Bethenny have tweeted each other Lisa will be a guest on the show? I think it’s the only way you would ever watch Bethenny!! Or maybe not-you might just ask for the transcript!!

18. Donna says:

The few times I have watched DD they have made some off the wall statements that at times was funny. HLN is making a big deal of this, while ignoring important news, I’ll stop now before I go into my rant about how our country been bought and we are sold out.

Good afternoon everyone. Just got home from the ASU graduation ceremony. Very nice. So proud.
    Thank you NMD for the editing blog. Last Monday’s BH was so poorly edited I was completely confused.
    I agree with Harvey Levin in the posts upthread. A&E knew Phil is a conservative christian and what his beliefs are. Unfortunately they are now backpeddling.

I don’t agree with Phil’s beliefs. He is what he is and his conservative views are part of the package. I don’t watch DD. I think its “dumbing down” Americans. That is why I watch the Bravo HW franchises. Much smarter. LOL!!!!!!!

20. Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

@plainviewsue:
    A Manzo calls you out as “bitter”????

BWAHAHAHA

Tweet from RHOBH new voice of reason 🙄 [insert sarcasm]

@KimRichards11: Thankful Thursday!☁☔
    Oh how I love Rainy Days!💦💦😊
    I hope you are All having a WONDERFUL DAY!💧xo
    VAVOOMSHABANG💥💥💥
    I💚LOVE🐢💚TURTLES🐢🐢🐢
    I❤MY🐶

Original Message:

We got skinny again Jill.
    The difference is Lisa retweeted ONE tweet that used hashtag #fatkyle. Lisa replied to ONE tweet about Bethenny. Kyle retweets and replies constantly, every single day.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

I know Kyle tweets and retweets a lot but I think it’s funny that Lisa replied and then added “never mind” like she has no time for it..she got time!!!

She had time for ONE tweet to reply to a twitterer. She has no time to reply to all the tweets she received when Brandi, Kim, Kyle, and Bethenny were bashing her on Bethenny’s shows. She acknowled she’s aware of the bashing but doesn’t get involved ala Kyle and Brandi.

• Eastbayca says:

Hello all haven’t been commenting much……
          Different theory: Bethenny has been on the other side of bashing (JZ) and she benefited from it and Lisa is probably very much aware of this. Bethenny like any other talk show host is giving the basher(s) a platform to talk themselves into being “disliked” by the viewers and Lisa benefits for viewers are sympathetic to her.
          This whole thing is a game and those who play well don’t have to lift a finger.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

She gets involved-her own way.

But she did get involved by whining about Bethenny’s so called bashing. Then, in typical Lisa form, denied she did what she just did.

• Cartwheels says:

This is just further proof that Lisa doesn’t have a thick skin like she wants us to believe, she dishes it but doesn’t know how to take it. Lisa is a Bravo HW for Pete’s sake.
            Criticism comes with the territory, why does Lisa thinks that everybody should only praise her and any slight comment equates “trashing” is beyond me.
            Even the person who initially tweeted it was surprised by her reaction and apologized by starting something nasty. Of course Lisa in her usual MO denies that she even reacted which at this point is comical.

• Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

I’m going to continue calling her FatKyle. And it’s not Lisa’s fault.

#freedomofspeech
      #dontthinkkyleisfat
      #justbecauseitsabsurd

• Katie (aka kats2) says:

Tennis anyone? LOL 🙂

Blog Tennis is a sport Jill and I have been playing since RHONJ. She’ll have to find a new partner after RHOBH is over because I don watch RHONY. 🎾🎾🎾

• Katie (aka kats2) says:

It’s fun to read. Maybe you can pick a NY HW opposite of who Jill likes just for the heck of it.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

It’s so sad VV-I love NY!! I will miss you when BH is over so we better make the most of our time together (like we haven’t been doing just that right???)

And, of course, there was the retweets from Lisa that called Kim and Kyle jealous bit*ches.

More GOOP stuff. This has been around but I just want to post it so we all are reminded why this woman is a bit#ch. The Brits can have her.

• AZGirl says:

Check out #13. It is about Sedona. Really the Red Rocks are talking to her. Not eating is making her hallucinate.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill™ says:

She hallucinates out of starvation and asshole-itis. What a pretentious blow hard…cup-o-soup doesn’t need her backing!!!

• “We have great dinner parties at which everyone sits around talking about politics, history, art and literature —all this peppered with really funny jokes. But back in America, I was at a party and a girl looked at me and said, ‘Oh, my God! Are those Juicy jeans that you’re wearing?’ and I thought, I can’t stay here. I have to get back to Europe.”

Bye Bitch. Don’t let the doorknob hit you where the good lord split you…

She has to be one of the most arrogant person ever.
        I’m sure the “Brits” can’t stand her either.

• Katie (aka kats2) says:

Thanks for the link, she’s crazy.

Good god that woman is insufferable!

24. Beckygrey says:

I am looking in the mirror to see if I have blinked in the last few minutes after reading this article.

25. Just to get back to DD and Phil Robertson for a moment… It isn’t just that he thinks African Americans were “happier” before the Civil Rights movement and that he clearly has a problem with people who don’t fit his idea of sexuality, but he has things to say about other aspects of humanity as well:

>>Though he’s worried about the state of this country, Robertson seemed even more concerned about non-Christian cultures.

“All you have to do is look at any society where there is no Jesus. I’ll give you four: Nazis, no Jesus. Look at their record. Uh, Shintos? They started this thing in Pearl Harbor. Any Jesus among them? None. Communists? None. Islamists? Zero,” Robertson explained. “That’s eighty years of ideologies that have popped up where no Jesus was allowed among those four groups. Just look at the records as far as murder goes among those four groups.”<<

Not too informed – the Nazis certainly believed they were Christians.

I'd say he doesn't leave room for much of any of us who have to figure out a way to live together here on the Big Blue Marble. …

26. Cartwheels says:

IMO Brandi tweet about “housewives who love to talk about her” is fair and squared directed at Lisa and her latest blog where she says that Brandi used the word “strategizing” based on her taking the bottle away from her.
    IMO Brandi knows very well why she said what she said and it was related to the magazines brought to Palm Springs and had nothing to do with the bottle because after all she told her “you can have it”
    The magazines were brought up behind cameras and that is why Brandi can’t talk about it right now, that probably will come up during the trip to Puerto Rico, and even then it just might not depending on the editing.
    The reason why I think she was talking to Kim is because Kim is the only other one who has talked about the magazines and she said she saw them as well.

• Katie (aka kats2) says:

I keep reading about the mags that someone had on a trip, but I’m missing info.
      Who had the mags and to serve what purpose? How do we know this happened?

• Cartwheels says:

Kim has mentioned the magazines and Brandi has done it too, there are articles that mentioned that Yolanda’s and Lisa’s fall out on the trip to P.R. was exactly because Yolanda confronted Lisa with her underhanded antics, using the fact that Lisa allegedly talked Brandi into bringing magazines with the cheating allegation to the trip to Palm Springs as an example.
        I do not excuse Brandi at all, she is responsible for her own choices and if she didn’t want to do it then she shouldn’t; but it irks me that Lisa is trying to rewrite history and her being so supportive of Kyle and even hugging her when behind cameras she might have been in cahoots with Brandi to yet again continue bringing those allegations up.
        I know I have read articles about the alleged fall out on P.R. will try to find them for you.

27. chismosa™ says:

Sorry but regarding the Duck Dynasty guys- weren’t the guys and the family always ultra ultra religious and A&E just chose to gloss over that? Edit that out.
    The same way the movie 127 Hours – glossed over how much the guy was praying to God, etc.

A&E is ridiculous. They’re trying to save face they knew about these beliefs since day 1 of filming. Advertising money is what they’re worried about.

Go Harvey (ps never knew he was gay)
    Who is Lawyer Kevin? Mentioned above?

• Cartwheels says:

I agree, his opinion might not be mine but Phil has the right to his opinion regardless.

Maybe I am just a bit bias because my mother is around the same age as he is and it doesn’t matter how much I try to talk to her and make her see other views, she just doesn’t want to hear it, she has her views about religion and about homosexuals and she already told me that she won’t change her point of view. Other than that she is a wonderful person who does all kind of charity work and volunteers whenever she can so I have decided to just leave her alone when it comes to her views and agree to disagree.

A&E IMO has known all along that this is a Christian family, they have never hid that fact so obviously they have religious beliefs, it is part of who they are. I wonder if they would have had an issue if instead of quoting from the bible , Phil would have quoted from the Koran per say. I bet then they would be singing a different tune.

• jezzibel says:

The very cynical part of me wonders if the producers/A&E originally approached the Robertson family about doing a show in an attempt to poke fun at them for being backwards rednecks, and were surprised and flabbergasted at the success of DD.

• Cartwheels says:

They probably did , joke is on them.
          My problem with A&E is that the Robertsons have never denied or try to hide that their religious beliefs are part of who they are.
          It would be as bad as a Christian business hiring a Jewish person, knowing he is Jewish, watching him celebrate religious holidays for two years, then that employer wins a person of the year award and in an interview he gets asks “How are you celebrating Christmas?” and he answering “I am not celebrating because I don’t believe that Jesus was the son of God” and getting fired for saying so.
          Getting fired for not sharing the same views IMO is BS especially when such worker has never pretended to be anything but.

• lillybee says:

If the guy from Duck Dynasty was fired, maybe TLC should look into the organization, Family Research Council, that Josh Duggar is working for. That group is just as anti-gay as Phil.

Lawyer Levin. Kevin was A typo. A million apologies.

Watching TMZ. Adrienne gave her annual Christmas party at her home. She lives in an exclusive neighborhood. Her party was so good that big celebs that were invited were turned away cuz the neighbors called the police and the guest were locked out of the gate. Go Adrienne!!! I bet Paul is glad he doesn’t have to listen to her put downs though.

29. Can I just say how amazed I am by all of you at the level of respect you’ve shown for each other today.

You are all amazing!

Life and Style – Entertainment – EXCLUSIVE: Find Out Which ‘Housewives’ Made Lisa Vanderpump’s Christmas ‘Nice’ List! http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/entertainment/news/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-lisa-vanderpump-christmas-nice-list

So this rich teen gets high on Pot, alcohol and Xanax, kills 4 people and gets probation?
    Speechless.

32. djprincessc says:

I can’t even get into the DD thing without making my head spin. I never watched the show, prob never will. All I will say is why should there be consequences for someone giving an opinion?? I come from a super super conservative family. I am conservative for my generation and living in Socal, but def not as conservative as my family. I love the gays, do I agree with their lifestyle?? Yes and No and those are my beliefs but does it matter what I or anyone thinks?? NO. If anyone really cares to know all you have to do is read the bible to find the answer and thats basically it. Not hard. A gay man or woman should be able to give their opinion with no punishment and so should a straight person. I am SO very sick of the PC POLICE. PUKE.

• djprincessc says:

Cartwheels, was it you that said you tried to talk to your grandmother about certain things but she has her own beliefs?? If not I apologize, too lazy to look up. lol. Anyway if that was you I totally agree with you and can relate. My mom is like that and I respect her for what she believes in.

• Cartwheels says:

Yes, it was me, not my grandmother but my mother.
        During last elections there was an amendment on the ballot to support and pass gay marriage. I was part of an organization and campaigned very actively to have it pass and it didn’t matter how much I tried to approach the subject with her, she will just not have it, she had decided she was going to vote for NO and after few times of talking to her she made me realize that I was not being fair to her, as much as I believe and was passionate about something I didn’t have any right to try to impose my views on her and she has the right to hold her views and express them freely. She is not a hateful person and as part of her volunteer work at the hospital she has cared for many gay people with the same compassion and patience than for any other, she says she loves them as children of God. She just happens to believe that marriage is a religious event and that it is meant to be between a man and a woman.
        Generationally speaking we are way ahead of our elders but they have been brought up with a set of beliefs and while some are more flexible , other are not and should never fear to speak up about this beliefs for fear of retribution.

Cartwheels you sort of hit on something here that has always bugged me in these kinds of debates. And that’s when people with strong beliefs demand that people respect those beliefs, but don’t return the favor. When people demand the right to speak of their beliefs freely, but don’t return the favor. It’s rare someone actually gets it, like you did when your mom pointed it out.

I’ll use a housewives example since it’s a HWs blog! When Carlton gets super pissed when anyone asks her about her religion and demands everyone respect it. But flips her lid when Joyce mentions God. She wants people to respect her, but can’t be bothered to do the same.

• djprincessc says:

And I 100% agree with that Exit.

• Cartwheels says:

My mom is an amazing woman and she has taught me with her example more than any educational institution ever will, her courage and determination and her convictions are part of what has made her such an extraordinary woman and mother. The gentle way she made me realize that I was entitled to my opinion as much as she was even though they were completely different is something I will carry to my grave and I can only hope that I can pass that to my DD. Agree to disagree is a viable option.
            That is one of the things that I bothers me the most about any Bravo HW, the double standards, the double talk, the do as I say and not as I do. It is not so much the bad behavior because that is kind of expected but it is the crying murder when others do exactly what they have done all along.

me three. If you want to express your ideas then you better let me express mine whether you agree with them or not. (not you but you know what I mean). It really bugs me when that happens

What it all boils down to is that he is completely welcome to have any opinion that he wants. And state his opinions. However, he is an employee of a TV network. Just like in many other businesses, if someone goes public with a statement that doesn’t reflect what the business represents-or believes it represents-that opinion can have consequences. Remember the actor who was fired from Greys anatomy for the same thing? Free speech has consequences. Because just as much as this duck guy can say what he wants-his employers have the right to say-it has no place here.

Look at it another way-here on this blog or in the FB group- say someone was stating their opinion and others were offended by it. If NMD or the ladies over at the FB page decide, as facilitators, that that individual was creating a disruption or doesn’t represent what this group is about-they get blocked. No one is infringing on that posters right to free speech, they’re simply saying take it elsewhere. And no one would take issue.

The constitutions bill of rights is meant only to protect individuals from the government. Not private individuals or entities.

• Cartwheels says:

My only problem with that is that A&E has always known about the Robertson’s religious beliefs, they pray at the table at the end of every single episode. It is true that they can fire him for almost anything but I do wonder if they would have fired him if he was talking about Jewish beliefs or if he was quoting the Koran.
        There seems to be a double standard in the media about this.
        The Robertson definitely need to move to another network more a tune with their religious beliefs and then problem will be solved. I wonder if they locked a contract for few seasons or if they can just take their toys away and leave?

I definitely don’t think it’s about their religion. Only because people can be very religious and/or very conservative and not make inflammatory statements in public. That’s what got him, not the religion.

The irony to me is, if he (or anyone) was quoting the Koran-a lot of “conservatives” would be on the other end if this-flipping out! And saying it shouldn’t be on TV. Like when that pastor wanted to burn a bunch of Korans and a lot if people defended his right to do so. Which is a valid argument, but would it be worth it to inflame an entire religion (most of whom are not terrorists) and create issues where there doesn’t need to be? It’s context.

• Cartwheels says:

For me the bottom line is marketing and how A&E is so worried to anger some of their markets. IMO it is very easy, if you are so offended by his statements, released them from their contract. The Robertsons have already released an statement in support of Phil and have said that they don’t think they can film without him so that put A&E in a predicament as I think that they need the Robertsons more than the Robertsons need A&E.

If the network have decided that his statements are so inflammatory that they warrant an indefinite suspension, then go all the way and let them all go. Cancel the series and send the kind of message that you want and are entitled to send.
            I am sure that the same networks who are ultra liberal will be fighting and biding higher and higher to have them on their network , the Robertson should go to a Christian network where their beliefs are more a tune with the network beliefs. The sponsors will follow them wherever they go.
            The funny part is that it is not a secret what the Robertsons beliefs are, they are been upfront about it, so in order to avoid any outrage should they lie? The network is entitled to impose any sanctions they feel is appropriate and the Robertsons should also be entitled to stop working for a company that doesn’t respect their religious views.

I actually do agree with that. At this point we are all pretty aware that all of these shows are about money. That’s what networks are in business to do-make $$$. And when that bottom line is threatened, they make choices. I’m not a DD fan, never was. And to tell you the truth, just like the jersey shows don’t represent my state too well….a lot of these southern based shows sometimes support the stereotype that southerners are buffoons. Even though I don’t think their religion itself played a role in this-it was what he said, if they feel they can do their show elsewhere-they should. Assuming they can, odds are they don’t own the rights to the show itself.

That’s what I was saying — that the network always knew about their beliefs

Completely agree with you

• djprincessc says:

Not really bc if it were the other way around and the DD guy said he believes in gay marriage he wouldn’t be in this situation, and if he were I can’t even imagine the backlash. Its just not even possible he would be fired for supporting it.

Sorry Exit, we aren’t gonna agree on this one. I don’t believe in blocking or removing someone from somewhere bc of what they say even if others were offended. Unless threats are being made, thats totally different. There have been many times where I was actually offended here but I ignored it, didn’t participate in the blog or just didn’t read for a little bit. I’m an adult and if someone offends me I can handle it without crying. Thats life.

If I wanted to have consequences for opinions or what I say, I’d move to Cuba, Venezuela or North Korea. :/

Funny you mention Cuba-my inlaws came from there. I’m a grown up too and I feel the same as you-I ignore things and people I don’t agree with. But I will always support someone’s right be it an individual or company or blog to distance themselves from someone if they feel that’s what right for them or their business or whatever. It does work both ways. 🙂

• djprincessc says:

I agree it does work both ways. Like I said I come from a very conservative family on my moms side. Shes from Honduras her father was part Spanish from Spain, my aunts husband is from Belize, my other aunts ex husband is from El Salvador, my uncles wife is from El Salvador, and my cousins husband is from Guatemala. Not exactly the most forward thinking bunch! lol. But thats ok, its their right to believe what they believe. I also have quite a few Cuban friends and my best friend is from Ecuador. All are super conservative as well.

Well said. And I concur.

• Of course he has the right to say whatever he likes – as do we all. However, sometimes there are consequences that follow what we say. Phil Robertson said many things in that interview: He disapproves of everyone who is not Christian (not believing in Jesus has caused mayhem and murder in the world); He disapproves of gay people living true to who they are; He says he experienced that African Americans were happier while living under Jim Crow laws than after the Civil Rights movement.
      “I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person,” Robertson is quoted in GQ. “Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

The term PC is often used in a derogatory manner. My son, when yelled at for “being too PC, too politically correct” in 6th grade, responded, “I prefer to think of it as politically conscious.” I thought he was wise then, and I think it could apply here. For someone who grew up in the South, in Louisiana, as Robertson did, and seem to be completely unaware of the consequences for African Americans living under Jim Crow laws, would seem to make him politically unconscious, at best.

The focus on Robertson’s comments about homosexuality seems to be bringing the headlines. I find his comments about those of faiths other than evangelical Christianity and those about African Americans troubling. But I’m glad he said what he did, and I’m glad GQ printed it. He chose to speak freely. I’m choosing not to watch DD and to not associate with people who have an equally narrow view of who is of worth as a person.

• cusi77 says:

Amen to that, PastBostonian!

• Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

I have found the show quite entertaining and in the least bit controversial. That being said – I don’t need any personal relationships with these people.

The odd thing for me is that – it’s not like he said these things ON the show. Harvey Levin said that A&E would have signed off on the interview. So… if Phil really wanted off the show, and A&E knew that the rest of the Robertsons wouldn’t film without him, was this A&E’s way of going out with a bang? “Look we’re the hero. We got rid of the crazy Bible thumper.”

• Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

quite entertaining and NOT the least bit controversial

#stupidautocorrect

No, I don’t think so. There’s so much behind these shows. Money, contracts, pre sold advertising. Even though I don’t watch-I know it is super popular. The network isn’t just going to let it combust. They have too much invested. Plus, had this not occurred and he simply left- the family could have stayed on. I think it’s them banding together after his suspension and them choosing not to go on without him because of that.

I think really, what could A & E do? To not sign off on the interview or try to make GQ cut out parts of it are the only things they could have tried, but that wouldn’t have happened anyway. All they could do was wait and see. It’s possible there would be no backlash and the show continues as usual. This just happened to blow up.

33. Consequences for A&E

The Robertson family has issued a statement:

“We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm.. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty.”

• Cartwheels says:

I am glad that as a family they are standing together on this. I know Phil probably doesn’t care one way or another as he said that this was going to be his last season anyway and he didn’t want to film anymore but I am glad that his family is supporting him while still acknowledging that some of his statements were “unfiltered”

@BrandiGlanville: @TheRealCamilleG babe just left you a message….. please listen – love you

Original Message:

• The good news is that it’ll all be in the tabloids by tomorrow – whatever IT is.

• djprincessc says:

You know, I was feeling really sorry for Kyle for being ganged up on by Brandi (and haven’t been a Kyle fan since 1st season) Yolanda and kinda Lisa. I still do a little, but not really cus then I remembered a few seasons ago when Adrienne, Kyle, Camille and Taylor ganged up against Brandi and realized its Kyles payback. Sucks Kyle huh?? lol. I still don’t like Brandi anymore but I do know its what goes around comes around for Kyle. lol.

• Do you think this is about Kyle? Kim wouldn’t sell out Kyle would she? I think it’s more about Lisa. There ladies make my head spin. I need to know who the underdog is this year so I can root for them.

• djprincessc says:

Oh i have no idea what the message is about! I was commenting about Kyle saying she wishes the other ladies were still on the show, I’m sure she does, those were ALL her allies. I think the underdog is Joyce, I wouldn’t have been able to stay calm the way she did with how she was being treated.

To Quote Melissa Gorga: “Comma!”

• Rebecca is sick of the FatKyle victim storyline says:

FatKyle vs Yolanda
        Kim vs Yolanda
        Taylor vs Yolanda
        Lisa vs Adrienne
        Lisa vs FatKyle

Season 4
        Brandi vs Lisa so….. Brandi is now BFFs with everyone she has hated on in the past

All the latest BS seems to have come out since Adrienne and Lisa fake-posed together at a magazine party. Screw loose, Brandi?

There is a video by TMZ where Adrianne digs at Lisa prior to fake kissing her at the step and repeat. The next day Adriana tweets a pic of her and Lisa at the event and comments that Lisa looked fabulous on the cover. Inmediately, bernie goes on his first FB rant comenting Lisa begged Adrienne to take the pic with her. This is how Adrienne operates. She acts all above everything and nice BUT her mouthpiece does the dirty work. Nov. 4 Lisa is guest at WWHL and says kiss was fake (I’m sure by then she knew about bernie’s rant). Days later, bernie goes on rant #2 which I made screen shot and NMD posted them. He quickly took post down. This is how Adrienne operates on the surface she plays nice and above in the meantime her mouth piece and others do the dirty work.

This helps me SO MUCH because I’m new to the show.

My crib sheet ! Thanks 📃📝😛

Interesting….hmmmmm…so then Brandi is the Queen Bee. In typical Queen Bee fashion the others secretly loathe her, but their fear is greater than their loathing.

@scheanamarie: So much fun yesterday on @Bethenny with @ConstantineM and @Breshawebb 😁 will keep u posted when it’s going to air! http://t.co/8xAXSuDqaJ

Original Message:

To throw this out there-how interesting that this DD family is saying they’re sticking with their family member and if that means the show ends…so be it. At least that’s how I took the statement.

What a contrast to say Jersey Housewives, some of whom went on TV to tear a family apart. I think that says a lot about people.

Chianina! Chianina!
    Bethenny doesn’t follow her friend of over 20 years on Twitter.

Lol. You’re a fantastic Twitter detective! I see this so much, when someone is or isn’t following someone on Twitter it gets read into so deeply. I honestly don’t think it means anything. These “celebrity” twitters are more the the fans I think. And as a tool for self promotion. They are really friends-so I guess it could be one of those things where they don’t feel the need to follow since they can communicate at any time. I also kind of think that in this kind of case, neither wants their timelines full of constant retweets and mentions and stuff like that. Especially when the season is airing. I. Stopped following Alex from NY because her constant fashion tweets annoyed me. I like her but I was over that! Lol!

Exit, Chismosa and I got this joke going about Kyle and Bethenny’s friendship. So, this is more aimed at the ongoing joke than anything else.
        I really don’t care about B much. However, I like to joke about her with Chismosa.

I don’t blame you for unfollowing Alex!

Gotcha! I don’t care about B much anymore either. Small doses of her are fine. A full hour is 45 minutes too much. Lol.

I know you and Jill are tennis partners-now I know about you and chismosa! Duly noted 🙂

You’re still a top notch twitter detective!

• I don’t follow Anybody… So There!

FAB ✔️✔️💯💯💯💯💯

OH warren, will you swoop B away to the tropics this week ???

Barf.com™

38. Orson says:

I disagree with what Phil Robertson said. But he was just speaking his mind and I have to respect his right to believe what he believes and to say what he said. Frankly, it doesn’t come as much of a surprise to me that he feels that way. I also believe that, unlike what some Faux News channel pundits and their ilk will be all up in arms about, this is NOT a 1st Amendment issue because it is not the government censoring or punishing him for his beliefs. Unless the A&E network is a lot more powerful than I thought. And some very conservative pundits will get a lot of traction out of this; it’s perfect timing for their annual “War on Christmas” nonsense.

And I don’t think if DD gets canceled it will hurt the Robinsons all that much. They made their money selling duck calls which they’re still making and selling. I doubt Walmart will pull the DD merchandise off the shelves either like they did when the big Paul Reubens/Pee Wee Herman kerfluffle happened. Though I sadly predict that the Uncle Si Chia Pets will disappear after the Post-Exmas clearance sales. I hope Stars99.2 (I gave her a promotion… anyone got a problem with that?) recovers from that quickly.

39. djprincessc says:

Who’s not into Gwyneth Paltrow!?!?!?! UMMMM EVERYONE PATTI!!! YUCK!!

ME!!!!!

dj…there’s a good show on right now called Nuclear Nation. It’s following
      the workers in Japan after the earthquake. It’s playing all week. I feel so
      sorry for them.

• lillybee says:

Today Brian Boitano revealed that he is gay. I thought that I heard that he was gay a million years ago. He is going to the winter olympics, which is why he announced it. Good for him.

• djprincessc says:

Nancy, maybe I’ll catch it. My dad I think watched shows about it before. No money in the world is worth that job, so dangerous.

The farmers just left their live stock there without any food or water.
          I’m so sorry that I saw that. 😦

40. LaineyLainey says:

Did anyone watch John leguizamo and Justin Long on WWHL. One of the best shows in awhile. There was good energy and these two were IMO funnier and more engaging than the anchorman 2 guys from the other night.

41. LaineyLainey says:

What s wrong with me?? I’m loving millionaire match maker tonight. It then I really like Courtney Kerr…so maybe that’s it.

Bellevue Stat!!!!

From the commercials I gleamed that the other bachelor “millionaire” (cough cough) – guy that was paired to get matched along with Courtney – decides he LIKES HER at the mixer . am I right ?

The commercials give it all away.

She has a scrunches up Courtney cox/ Kate Beckinsale scrunched face that for some reason annoys me. Or her voice ? Something ….

• California35 says:

oh! I thought he was going to say he liked Patti 😛
        all based on the commercial also, I have not watched. I missed it..

I also notice Courtney cut her hair and it looks nice.

• California35 says:

I saw the preview for it, and thought it could be one i will wash just to see Courtney. But I forgot all about it. Was it good?

I liked it! But I like Courtney. Patti was a wee bit less vulgar than usual. So that helped, too.

• California35 says:

Cool, I will try to catch it on the 100000 time it replays. Gosh they reply Patti a lot :-/

By the way, I missed last week’s Courtney. I recorded the wrong one, I guess Bravo plays the one from the week before just before they play the new episode, and I recorded that one :-/ I hope to catch both tonight.

42. Pghemtchick says:

Wedding stuff.
    I can’t remember who posted about the platters (sorry I can’t remember what I are two days ago so please don’t be offended), but just saw this posted on Facebook and thought I’d share it here. If the goal is to have a piece of “art” to commemorate your special day, think about a thumb print guest book. These look cool.

Lainey…Just heard that some parts of LA might have snow for Christmas
    so bring your warm clothes.

@KimRichards11: @My_AOL @BrandiGlanville @LisaVanderpump @KyleRichards18 very cute😊💕

Original Message:

45. Cartwheels says:

Very interesting article

Andrew Sullivan, while denouncing Robertson’s remarks as a gay journalist, makes a fascinating argument against A&E:
    “Robertson is a character in a reality show. He’s not a spokesman for A&E any more than some soul-sucking social x-ray from the Real Housewives series is a spokeswoman for Bravo. Is he being fired for being out of character? Nah. He’s being fired for staying in character – a character A&E have nurtured and promoted and benefited from. Turning around and demanding a Duck Dynasty star suddenly become the equivalent of a Rachel Maddow guest is preposterous and unfair.
    “What Phil Robertson has given A&E is a dose of redneck reality. Why on earth would they fire him for giving some more?”

LOL, loved the part of soul-sucking x-ray RH. 🙂

Good morning everyone!! Rainy here in AZ. Snow up in Flagstaff and Pinetop. White Christmas for parts of Arizona. Sending love to Lynn’s Family.