Annual Housewife Survey – Closing Today
I’ve watched the clips from tonight on Bravotv.com. Lisa is going to host a dinner party at SUR (crossover opportunity) with Joyce and Michael, Lisa and Ken, Yolanda, Brandi, Mohamed, and Martin. The idea is to air grievances and move forward. Unfortunately Brandi (who remarkably does not appear to be drunk) draws first blood by saying that she and Joyce share mutual friends and they don’t speak highly of Joyce.
1) How is that moving forward, and
2) If they are actually mutual FRIENDS then they shouldn’t be trashing Joyce.
As Brandi starts, you can see Lisa’s eyes widen in surprise. Was Brandi going off script?
Joyce fights back, things escalate, and Lisa tries to put a stop to it. Brandi whines that Joyce started it when she told Lisa that Brandi had been talking smack behind her back. They bicker, Brandi calls Joyce stupid. Michael asks her not to do that. Joyce calls Brandi stupid and racist for her comment at the pool in Palm Springs. The scene ends with the Stassi saying how she was scared they’d hurt each other.
If Scheana was there, she was probably giggling.
So the questions I have are:
1) Was Brandi’s end game screen time and drama? My guess is she had no idea Joyce considered herself part black, and therefore thought her joke was ‘safe’. Of course she offended viewers and members of the media, as well as potential employers. Ignorant jokes should be avoided if you are planning on making money from people buying your crap. But Brandi has gotten away with being offensive up to now – so I’m sure this has all caught her by surprise.
2) Was the Joyce – Brandi drama pre-planned, but spun out of control with Brandi’s lack of knowing when to stop? Carlton – Kyle drama seems harmless and created for a storyline. Perhaps each new girl was assigned a nemesis to make them seem interesting. I also find the Kyle-Lisa drama contrived. These are a bunch of actresses.
3) Was the Brandi – Lisa drama real, or did it start off as contrived (similar to Jill Zarin making her tiff with Bethenny into a huge fight thinking it would bring in ratings). If so, did it start with this night where Brandi once again filmed at Sur with Scheana the mistress?
And then we have an episode of Vanderpump Rules. I’m glad it’s a cross over episode, because I really couldn’t care less if Jax the liar slept with Kristen. I mean – he’s slept with hundreds of women and I would imagine that if she did want to get back at Tom for cheating, she’d pick someone less icky.