Shahs of Sunset – Reach deep inside and let the anger go

Shahs of Sunset – Reach deep inside and let the anger go by NMD

Well, it didn’t take long for this show to sink back into the toilet.  We open with Reza instructing GG on how to insert a suppository into her asshole.  They are going on a yacht for the day and it is for motion sickness.  No kidding.  Why would they film that?  And don’t they have the patch or pills?  Four minutes of this.  Seriously?

Next up Asa tells Reza that it’s possible for them to travel to the border of Iran.  Apparently she was in a coffee shop and someone just mentioned it to her.  Okay – not believing that.  And where are her relatives?  In any case, their conversation beats listening to GG shove a suppository up her ass.  BTW Reza is wearing a pink shirt, turquoise shoes, and shorts that look like boxers.  Did you forget your shorts Reza?

But first, the group parties (body shots) on a yacht in what I think is the Black Sea.  MJ has forgiven Mike for telling her not to eat a chocolate croissant on race day, and they hug it out.  MJ interviews that she’s happy that all her friends are there – no fake boobs, no fake friends.  Nice that she takes time out of her day to slam Lilly who isn’t even there.  Lilly who and why didn’t we get to see the fashion show LaineyGirl was in?

At lunch Reza explains that he’s freaked out by women wearing a veil.  They scare him.  Asa tries to explain that he should be culturally sensitive, but he decides to be an ugly tourist and judge people in their own country in a loud voice.  Even GG is annoyed because she thinks the veil is just about respect.  Shut it Reza.  Asa then explains the trip to the border, which is just for Asa, her mom, and Reza (what happened to her brother?).  Asa feels like it’s the closest she’ll ever get.  Mike isn’t at all interested, and MJ isn’t invited for some reason.  I’m not sure if she is able to visit Iran (like GG).  They have to get up at 3 am for a 6 am flight and then drive 3 hours.

Now they are on the trip in some border town, and tear up when they see a road sign pointing to Iran they get teary. Their tour guide points out the sniper towers all over the hills as they enter the military zone.  Next, they transfer to cars escorted by tribal people to get them to the top of a Turkish Hill that will allow them a panoramic of Iran.  This scene is extremely emotional and well done.  Well done, Bravo.  (Except for Reza’s talking heads).  They all feel complete as they look out over their homeland and let go.  It’s pretty clear Asa’s mom is just drinking it all in and processing a lot of mixed feelings.  Love her.  She made the show real and interesting.  Reza is processing it all too – although I’m a little confused about why Reza couldn’t visit Iran before he was on TV.  Is it that dangerous for gay people?  Reza interviews that he’s able to reach deep inside and let all the anger go.  I feel like I’ve heard him say that before – but whatever.  Asa explains that her dad was a top official in the Navy and defected/left as a political refugee.  If any of their family tries to return to Iran they’d probably be arrested so it’s obviously not worth the risk.  They end their trip by picking up a heart shaped rock for MJ.

Meanwhile, back in Istanbul, the other three are anxiously waiting at the hotel with food and drink where they all decompress.  Asa and Resa hand out rocks, the heart shaped one for MJ, and other ones for Mike and GG.  Mike comments that MJ’s looks different, and theirs look like something Reza picked up outside the hotel.  For some reason I want to know if that’s true.  I hope Andy asks it at the reunion.

Interlude – Mike tells a funny story about a strange massage – flashbacks from a Seinfeld episode – sort of.

Next day and it’s suddenly their last night in Istanbul and all of Asa’s family is magically back.  Does this mean that her family was there the entire time but Asa ditched them for a day on the yacht and then that day when she traveled to the border?  That can’t be true, the editing must have mixed up the nights to end the episode with this family dinner.  All the babies and little kids is too much for MJ and she falls apart after Reza asks her if she wants a baby and she says yes.  She begins to realize that she’s running out of time and doesn’t have any prospects for a significant other.  Asa takes time out of her family time to console her, and reassures her that it will happen for her.   MJ is a teary mess and goes outside to have a smoke.

shahs-of-sunset-season-3-mjs-heartbreaking-breakdown

And next on the season finale, it looks like they get drunk and naked, and someone might just propose.

_________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Shahs of Sunset. Bookmark the permalink.

443 Responses to Shahs of Sunset – Reach deep inside and let the anger go

1. Looks like there is nothing new in Brandi’s book – didn’t she reveal this in her first one?

2. Setting up her story line for the reunion … I guess in the end she was just jelly that Lisa supported Sheana

lol- So Brandi is going to go into this reunion thinking that her and Lisa are still ‘having a hiccup’

Ok, I might be late (not the most observant), but love the gravatars lol.

I don’t understand why Lisa keeps trying to get them to talk either cuz it makes no sense. But when it comes to SUR all Lisa can do is if she knows Brandi is going to SUR just tell Scheana & the mgr so Brandi is not put in Scheana’s area. Lisa’s not firing Scheana. Lisa never condoned what Scheana did but Lisa likes Scheana & has known Scheana for many more yrs than she’s known Brandi. So in conclusion 🙂 Brandi needs to tell Lisa once & for all to stop trying to get her & Scheana to talk & Brandi needs to get over the fact that Scheana works at SUR & that Lisa likes her.

Lisa said on WWHL that she is done trying with them. She doesn’t think they should ever be any where near each other. So I think Brandi has had some epic screaming f/;:$?)ing melt downs we didn’t see.

• jezzibel says:

I can see Brandi having an off day, deciding to get her drink on and heading to SUR for freebies, seeing Scheana and going completely ape$**t

my question is why does Brandi think Scheana is the only person the ex slept with that Lisa is friends with and has working for her. Does she know everyone that Eddie slept with? Who’s to say there weren’t others that work there too, that didn’t brag about it as they were embarrassed by it. Again my words to Brandi are as follows: As someone who went through the same thing when I was a lot younger than Brandi, GET OVER IT and be thankful you’re no longer living with the jerk, he’s not worth all the time you have spent on this!

I think Scheana’s the only one she’s been able to confront besides LeAnn. But like you said there could be other’s at SUR, there could be other’s at Mr. Chows, In-Out Burgers, working at a store at The Grove, where she gets her spray tan or even her hairdresser. Brandi can talk to another woman everyday and not know. So you’re right. She needs to get over it. Again as I’ve said she can be mad at Eddie for the rest of her life but be mad at him. Scheana said and I believe that Eddie told her lies as she discovered about his & Brandi ‘s relationship. I’m sure he told the same lies & more to all the other women.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I think Brandi said in her new book something about Eddie screwing some known actresses so she has other names but I guess since those actresses aren’t on the show she doesn’t feel the need to talk about them-it won’t bring her the attention she desires!

• missusmc says:

She’s uninteresting, has no skills beyond modeling (which is a young woman’s game), and I don’t believe she has any education, does she? She got cast on this show because she is the scorned ex wife of Eddie cibrian, and she is playing that role till she goes down in flames. Beyond this, she’s actually quite uninteresting. I don’t know whether to pity her or hate her, but really, at this point, besides wanting her to go to rehab, I nothing her. She’s bland and she knows it. That’s why she keeps these feuds up and cusses people out and tries to shock everyone. She HAS to hold on to this. She has nothing else defining her,

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday eve. Thk goodness. Whew. With the weather and migraines on & off I cant wait for my workday to end today. I’m off tomorrow. Other than a doc appt & I guess I’ll wash my clothes, I’m going to take a couple of naps.
    The weather looks alright today at 32 degrees. I hope you all are ok and have a great day.

4. Nashville Wives is premiering the end of this month. I can’t remember what channel – but it’s from the same producers as BH. Any one want to blog it?

5. Pghemtchick says:

When I watched Shahs it was around 3am, and I understood Reza’s concerns with the niqāb. I didn’t understand at the time why GG and Asa were so upset considering they were talking amongst themselves. Then about 20 minutes later I had my ohhh moment.
    Their on TV. <.<

I suppose I don't understand his issue with it. Yes, if you aren't used to seeing it, it could be shocking, but Reza should know better. I wonder how he would react to a burqa? He reminded me of the people who goto Amish country and who point and stare. I'm guilty of taking a few pictures of field plowing, but I would never snap a pic of a person in an Old Amish order. Education is key, and as a person who's proud to be Muslim he should know respect is key. I can see where he could disagree with the niqāb, but the person wearing it deserves respect in their belief and interpretation of the scripture.

I guess this scene bothers me because Asa and GG had a chance to further explain to the audience why it's culturally relevant. I agree that the Turkey trip has been eye opening to the Muslim culture that many here in the states don't see or associate with it. Too bad the show doesn't have more episodes that provoke thoughts and showcase the history/beauty/diversity of their hertiage/culture like these 2 episodes.

• Pghemtchick says:

Their=they’re. I’m sure there are more errors I’m half awake still. Lol

Great comment, PChick!!! I loved this whole return to the homeland part of the show…yes, they could have done more with it…but it’s a start. These are the best ever episodes from Bravo, IMO.

We shall see how long the enlightenment/understanding/thought provoking among the group goes on when they are back in LA.

Hahaha! Yeah, the previews look pretty vulgar ish.

Next week Reza “proposes” to Adam. With a simple Cartier love ring ! That’s not proposal worthy 😦
        Lame lame lame
        Wants spinoff
        Poor Adam – masochist

When I was in Morocco and saw the ladies in their burqas it was unsettling to me too. I don’t really know why but I was very uncomfortable. What I don’t understand is why if Reza wants to go visit Iran he just doesn’t go. I know he says as a gay person he could be in danger but couldn’t he just dress conservative and keep his life style to himself? I sure hope I’m not offending anyone because that is not my intent, I just want to know. As for Asa I understand why she would not go back but didn’t she leave that country when she was like 8 years old? She acts like she just left it last year. I guess I don’t understand her feelings when she has lived most of her life away from there. I mean I can understand her wanting to go back and see her relatives and where she was born and being sad she can’t as I would feel horrible if I couldn’t visit my birthplace (right here is the USA) but her feelings seem extreme for someone who has lived here more than half of her life. Extreme is probably to strong of a word but I hope you guys understand what I am trying to ask.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I get what you are say completely-I wonder too why Reza didn’t just go to Iran if he feels such a desire to go? The thing with Asa I don’t really understand either but I think it’s real-maybe she has such strong feeling b/c her parents do and she’s heard them talk of longing to go back?

She seems to really embrace her culture more than the rest of them do. She seems to be a more sensitive type of person and I think really takes things to heart, I don’t see that in the rest of them.

I think you have it, Jnntjill …she has been hearing about this her whole life from her beloved parents with whom she is very, very close. It’s been built up in her mind and heart all of her life. It has helped to define her.

mrs peabody I was thinking the same thing. How are the Iranians going to know he’s gay unless he tells them or dresses differently? When female journalists go to Afghanistan, Iran they respect the tradition of covering up. On the news when females from other countries are shown they respect the tradition of covering up. We may not agree w/it but as visitors respect their tradition and Reza knows they have to respect the traditions as a visitor. So if he wants to go to he needs to respect the tradition and go or shut up about it.

• Pghemtchick says:

I don’t understand why prior to the TV show, he couldn’t go back. I don’t know what status he had coming to the US-did he seek political refugee status like Asa’s family? He appears to hold the hate because he couldn’t be out in Iran, I don’t recall the stories of persecution/fighting as much as we do with Asa’s story. So I’m with you wondering if prior to he could have just played the role to see his homeland. Now, after being openly out he has a legit concern. I can see their overall concern that Lily seemed to blowoff. I mean even just today, Obama called upon Iran for the release of Iranian-American pastor Saeed Abedini. He was imprisoned on his 9th visit for threatening Iran’s security aka building a Christian based orphanage. I’m sure he felt safe going that visit, I mean he made 8 successful trips then poof.

Right. He had no prior issues now he does. As a far as Asa’s family maybe they wouldn’t have problems maybe they would. If I were in their shoes I wouldn’t ever chance going back.

I guess I understand Asa even though she’s been away most of her life just the idea that she and her family are so scared and that they feel they can’t just go back w/no worries like others do whenever they want. And her parents were the adults who told the kids they can never go back and if they do something terrible will happen to them.

• Kansas Girl says:

I believe their concerns are well-founded. The family name will be in a data base and they most likely would be arrested if they returned. Even relatives of those who left can be harassed.

I think Asa is a melancholy (dramatic) kind of person who has enhanced that longing for the old country for the tv audience. Is she always this way?

But Reza is a totally different case. I wonder what his status really is. Was he born there? Was his dad an enemy of the state there? Then likely he also cannot enter. Or more accurately, can enter but then not leave. However, given that he can’t even dress conservatively for the visit to Turkey, his chances are nil in Iran. They have police that enforce the dress code — mostly intended for women, but for a peacock like Reza they’d also take issue.

To my eye, these people don’t know much about their home culture beyond the food, a few customs, and a romantic notion of life there based on an older generation’s experience.

KG I was kinda thinking that too. A few if them don’t seem educated on some of their country’s customs or is that for the viewers benefit for them to dumb themselves down?

• mariareads says:

I have been reading articles on the web about Iran trying to figure out who can go back and why others can’t. There is so much information it was impossible for me to read it all but from the articles and reports I was able to read it seems very risky to go back to Iran. I think a lot of it has to do with who you were when you fled during the “revolution”. I put that in quotes because Pres. Carter helped put the Ayatolah in power -along with other political heads of other countries-to keep Russia out of the Middle East as he was supposed to be anti-Russian and not likely to allow them to run his country. Kind of back fired. If you were in the army/navy and left I think you would be in danger if you went back. Some younger people also seem to get thrown into that Evia prison for odd reasons if their names are on some list and they get tagged at the airport. It’s very confusing. I think that’s why the people on Shahs are so afraid. It’s not a given that you will be held prisoner and it’s not a given that you will be just fine if you go back. That uncertainty is probably what drives their fear. I knew lots of Iranians (or Persians as they trend to call themselves when they get to the US) when we lived in Potomac. Some of them went back to Iran every year to see their family. Others said they couldn’t go back because of who their family was. Now maybe some people took their money with them when they were told they couldn’t. It seems you were supposed to leave (in 1979) with nothing. One of the things I recall a Persian woman telling me was that the house she still owns there is worth almost nothing. All property has been devalued. I have no idea if this is because she left or if it’s true for property in general because so many cannot afford to buy now. It’s really confusing trying to find out what the truth is. Kind of makes me think the “truth” is different for each person and who/what they are. As for Reza, I have to say that even though he bugs me and I think he’s a jerk I would be afraid to go anywhere in the Middle East. Have any of you seen the documentary about gays and what the laws are for them in the Middle East? They must agree to a sex change or their way of life is considered illegal and they can be imprisoned and put to death. The documentary was terrifying. So many agree to the sex change and then commit suicide because that’s not what their lives were about. They were gay and didn’t want to change their gender. After the gender change they realized what they had done to themselves and it completely ruined their lives. I can tell you this; I would never travel to the Middle East. Having been in Turkey was enough for me. I know Reza’s reaction to the women covered in black w/ the veil isn’t popular but I can say that I can’t reconcile with the treatment of women in that part of the world. No way. It goes beyond being a patriarchal society. It’s in their religious beliefs that women are to be kept in this manner. I know there are people that can accept this and feel it’s fine as it is part of their “culture” but I simply can’t do it. For me it goes beyond anything that might be acceptable. So, with that mind set I have no business in the Middle East. If I don’t agree, why the heck would I go there? And I have to say that if I was someone who left, given the state of Iran’s relations with the US, I would never step foot anywhere near that country. They hate Americans and the people on Shahs are all Americans now. So they have more than 1 strike agains them. Just some thoughts and by no means can I prove anything. There is just too much contradictory information on the net. Some articles say it’s perfectly safe. Others say no way and people are selectively being thrown into prison and eventually some are executed. Doesn’t sound like an environment I would risk putting myself in no matter what.

• Kansas Girl says:

I think, so far as I understand, that officially Iran and Iranians hate Americans. But on a person (and private) level, many desire the trappings of American culture. Before the revolution, there was an area that was “just like” America, according to an Iranian student I used to know. The world hates us (or some do), but they love our culture.

KG that’s what I don’t get. We’re hated but they like the trappings that come w/the way we live. I just don’t get it.

• Kansas Girl says:

Some years ago I taught a group of young Saudi men who were in the US on a scholarship program. One was nearly certainly gay. He wore very strange clothing and his behavior was quite different. My colleagues who had lived there would watch him with a sly smile and nod. But. He was not gay. He planned to marry and have children. No matter what his internal leanings were, there are no gay men there (officially the fact), so he could not entertain the idea of being gay. In fact, no one dared even ask him. It struck me that this is not unlike our own past where, tho people knew, the rules of behavior had to be followed so that one fit in. To our enlightened view, it’s a horrid way to live. But to them, it’s a fact of life.

And this discrepancy is what Reza is fighting to understand. He can’t have it both ways.

In my opinion.

• Rebecca says:

“kind of backfired” is an understatement. It is the direct reason named by Bin Laden as to why the Sunni’s hate the US.

I love the thoughtfulness and research you put into this comment.

• mariareads says:

Thanks Lainey. I wanted to understand if this was drama for Bravo’s sake or if there really are reasons to be afraid to return. I came away from what little I was able to find with the opinion that there are reasons for some or many for others. Since I’m not Iranian and have never lived there or been there it’s simply opinion after what I read. My hairdresser in Potomac was from Iran and we became friends. She taught me a great deal. She lived in London for a few years and then came to the US. She’s never been back to Iran. Also the Shah’s family escaped and they were housed in Potomac about a mile away from where I lived. They continue to live there and the exact location of the house is secret because the son and the grandson are on some Iranian hit lists obviously. While we lived there there was a really gruesome murder of a wealthy Iranian woman in her own home. They tried to pin it on her son and his girlfriend but my friend always thought it was politically motivated. Scared the hell out of me.

Thks for that maria. With that said how come Lilly doesn’t know this? She commented about going back anytime like there would be no problem for Asa.

• mariareads says:

I was thinking about that Powell. I wonder if her family is so huber wealthy that they still have money in the country or own businesses there? OR..and this is just fresh on my part-money talks and they pay off people so they can freely go back and forth. I’m sure as heck that there is plenty of that going on in Iran. Money talks and that’s always the bottom line. Just a guess. When she said she has gone back many times and there is no problem I was thinking they have an in somehow. And about that documentary-even though I know homosexuality was condemned in this country and we are only now coming to grips with acceptance and tolerance that documentary really goes beyond anything I could ever have imagined. Beyond fundamentalist preachers who say they can “cure” people of being gay. Beyond families disowning their kids. It was so upsetting and so freaking sad, wasn’t it? And about the women being covered, as you said, if I can’t deal then I have no business going there. It represents more than just the veil. For me it represents violence, hatred and oppression. So my butt has no business there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lilly’s family or any family w/wealth would pay to go there and not have problems. Not saying her family definitely does it. Unfortunately it may be just what’s done, what’s expected. Yeah that documentary really opened my eyes. I just feel awful that any gay person has to live like that or a just a little like that anywhere. I don’t think I’ll ever understand such hatred. The covered and veiled women it’s all about oppression. They’re treated less than second class citizens. They don’t get the world would never be w/o women. No Middle Eastern trips for me.

maria I saw that documentary or a similar one a few yrs ago. It’s shocking alright.

I don’t like that the women are covered either. I think it’s wrong but if you are a visitor you have to recognize their culture or not go there. I have no intention of ever going there either.

I said this like last week. I am glad others see it!

Reza is a conniving little snake of a person and all the people at bravo and social media just ADORRRRE him because of his flamboyance
        I’m so sick of him! 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍

Wow, Kyle posted a comment at PYHU? I couldn’t find it though….

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I couldn’t find her comment either…I hope her tweet made Carlton go have a look and read the blog!!!

Cool!

Kyle working the bloggers. Expected!

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I haven’t seen tweets to other bloggers..I did see that Lisa is quite chummy with her number one fan and blogger on twitter…I guess they all have their tricks.

This goes back to S2 if I recall correctly. They used to hate her at the purple blog then she reached out to them and now they are very pro-Kyle.
          Lisa is very close with a blogger that is very open she’s a fan of the Queen. Just like Kyle is very close with the purple blog.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I don’t know how long it’s been since you have been to the purple blog but I don’t get where you see it as anti Lisa(I know you didn’t say this in your comment but you have said it before) are you talking about the commenters? The bloggers there never write opinion pieces just recaps and the blogs-they will write a little about tweets but nothing I have seen there is anti Lisa or really anti any HW-the blogger that Lisa loves does not like Kyle or Kim and says so often in her tweets and blogs.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

And I have never seen the purple blogger attack anyone for talking about Kyle or any other HW but Lisa’s blogger will go after anyone who dares to speak one tiny bit negatively about her Queen-it’s an obsession.

You guys get me lost with your secrete blog code references. LOL.

I don’t know who Lisa’s blogger is.I think I know what the purple blog is…(is it the other blog I post at?)

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Yes RR the one you post at is purple -Lisa’s blogger is reality bliss something-PVSue is friendly with her I think-she is very loyal to Lisa. She’s friendly on twitter but I would never tweet anything about Lisa to her-very protective!!

Purple blog, Allaboutrhw.
                  Reality TV Bliss, not a Lisa blogger as implied but more of a Lisa fan.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Let me more clear instead of implying she is a -“Pro Lisa blogger”…

Purple tweets and deletes ALL THE TIME.
                Yes, they are biased from the Title of the blogs to the pics they post.

All the ladies are getting reunion ready. Any guesses what Carlton will show up in? Will it be attire from the racks of her sex dungeon? Oh no, I forgot and referred to “her”…shudders.

8. Sus says:

Beware, very uncharitable comment coming. I’m already ashamed and I haven’t even typed it yet.
    I thought it was nuts that they went to the border. It’s very risky. I felt the same way when Lisa Ling’s sister was arrested in North Korea. I was happy they were able to get out but what did they expect was going to happen?
    I know I shouldn’t say anything because how could I know what it feels like being born in the USA. It’s just crazy to take risks like that. It can end up being a years long saga trying to get out if something happens.

On another note, I can promise you all that when I get cast on the “Real Housewives of the Internet” you won’t see me inserting anything anywhere. I would excuse myself to a room with a lock on the door and even muzzle the microphone. You are welcome.

• Pghemtchick says:

You make a valid point tho. It’s like those “kids” going hiking along the border a few years ago. Really? Of all the places in the world they chose the Iraqi-Iranian border?

• Sus says:

I forgot about that one! Dumb dumb dumb! They were in prison for 3 years. While I don’t think they should have been in prison and I’m glad they got out, what did they expect?

• Pghemtchick says:

Exactly. Lack of education. I remember back when I was 12, Michael Fay was all over the news. He spray painted cars in Singapore and was sentenced to be caned. There was a big uproar. I never understood what he expected to happen. He committed the crime there not here. He’s subject to their law.

Yup. That’s another case I’ll never forget.

Duh- I just posted the same thing. I really need to finish reading the thread before commenting 🙂

Sus if it were me I wouldn’t take the risk so I get what you’re saying. What Lisa’s sis & friend went thru was crazy. I’ll never forget it. But in today’s climate I wish people wouldn’t go to these countries. There are so many people that go to these countries because they care about people and God bless them but there are too many of them that don’t go back home cuz they’re either murdered or put in prison. It was Nov/Dec when a professor from Catholic University here in DC was murdered in one of these war torn countries, I can’t remember the country. He went there to teach. It’s just crazy and very sad.

I actually totally agree with you. A while ago 3 Americans (2 women and 1 man) got nabbed there because they accidentally crossed an unmarked boarder . They were held captive for YEARS because they accused them of being CIA operatives.

I have to hope that Bravo didn’t really put them at risk, border-wise. They were probably well within the acceptable distance from the border.

• MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

I didn’t see the show but saw previews and I completely agree with you. I don’t believe for one second, that at that close range, the Iranian police/military/whatever, has any respect for the actual border. I’m sure people disappear, all the time. It takes a special kind of stupid to test that IMO.

Lainey I’m glad LaineyGirl’s audition went well. She’s getting that job. It’s hers.

10. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Has anyone read the Editors Letter in Vanity Fair about the whole Gwyneth thing? I think Graydon Carter is a flip flopper and caved under pressure-I sure would like to read the article about her -even if he says it wasn’t a “take down” piece!

He knew she had clout so if he wasn’t willing to go all the way w/it he shouldn’t have even started the whole thing.

• missusmc says:

I’m apparently the only person in America who actually likes Gwyneth so I was happy the “not a takedown” article was pulled. I’m the era of true Hollywood bad behavior- drugs abuse, sleeping around, etc- having someone be snooty and pretentious is no big deal to me. In fact, I welcome it. I wanted all the RHOBH cast to be like Gwyneth- totally pretentious, fabulous, spending extravagant amounts of money personal trainers and chefs and having perfect, weirdly named children. It’s what the first episode (and in some ways, the first season) delivered. Now, we are basically watching Jerry Springer. So basically, producers need to get rid of Carlton and Brandi and hire Gwyneth 🙂

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I love all the pretension and fabulousness-what I don’t like about Gwyneth is that she acts like we should all be doing exactly what she does because it’s the only way to a happy life-it’s annoying to me but I’m not over here boycotting her movies or anything. If you read Graydons letter there was never a take down article-it was about the love/hate people have for her-she assumed it was a take down article and lost her mind which makes me wonder what she’s hiding?

• missusmc says:

I took it as Gwyneth had previously had such a good relationship with that publication, and was outraged at the thought of negative press. If you think about it, rarely does vanity fair wrote negatively about their celebs. So it was unheard of that a “takedown” that wasn’t a takedown would be written. And let’s face it, Gwyneth gets a lot of bad press and is negatively perceived. So I’m not sure that she was hiding anything exactly, but that she expects the negative articles from in touch weekly, or us weekly, not vanity fair. I think there are tiers of publications, and there are standards that celebs feel need to be upheld. It’s akin to people freaking out over Kanye West wanting Vogue to have Kim K on he cover. It just doesn’t happen. Similarly, Vanity Fair sucks up to celebs, and doesn’t publish anything bad. It’s celebs “safe space.” Because it’s ever so hard to be rich and famous 🙂

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

But the way Gwyneth went about the whole thing seems strange-it seems that she and Graydon Carter have a working relationship but a s soon as she found out an article would be written she started sending those emails-it’s strange. She should have just went to Graydon in the beginning like she did in the end.

• missusmc says:

It seems strange because you’re expecting someone like her to act logical. Didn’t you know she’s above all of us? I have no doubt in my mind that she is probably just a horrible, belittling person. She would have no time for me if we were to ever meet. I’m not sure why she doesn’t bother me. She should, but she doesn’t. I’m probably too easily swayed by the rich and famous.

• Mene Seela says:

This. Vanity Fair and the celebs both know which side their bread is buttered. Unless the celeb is already dead meat socially/professionally in Hollywood, Vanity Fair isn’t going to publish anything truly derogatory even if true. They won’t want a boycott by the celebs. Vanity Fair is just another pandering People Magazine.

• NYC Mama says:

Not true. VF is part of Conde Nast publications, a well respected, legitimate publishing empire and they have done scathing articles on many stars, celebrities and wanna-bes over the many years they have been in business.

• missusmc says:

Sure, but to take down Gwyneth? Not likely. She was born into a prominent Hollywood family, so she knows many influential people in the older Hollywood generation. She’s bffs with Beyonce and is friends with numerous A Listers. She’s also married to a majorly successful musician and has international celebrity friends, and has connections in the publishing world. She’s pretty much untouchable (not to mention, her movies currently make money, and her Iron Man character will have her own feature film- those superhero movies are total money makers for major production companies.)

• Mene Seela says:

You maybe right, but I do not recall one article like that except for take downs of deceased celebs or socialites.

Well back in the day when Truman Capote wrote for them he outed people’s secrets and talked bad about people he personally didn’t like in the mag.

About Kanye, didn’t Anna Winter snub Kim at the Met Ball?

Yeah. It must be something awfully juicy that she doesn’t want to come out.

So, are you saying the much anticipated (not by Gwyneth) story never ran? And it’s not going to?

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Yes Lainey I a fraud that’s the truth…no story!

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

???? I’m afraid that’s the truth?? My iPad is sooooo lame!! I’m not a fraud…I swear I’m not!!

Yes Graydon caved. I’m so upset. And the journalist is a good writer!

Hate the GOOP!

Saw this Wendy already and we talked about it but it’s funny Wendy naming the HW s that are now divorced. 🙂

12. SoutheastVA says:

If you’re on twitter, please checkout @SochiProblems or #SochiProblems. I feel sorry for the athletes.

It’s awful!!! You have to wonder if the conditions are that bad for media…could they really be any better for athletes? Does Russia treat their own people as poorly? Maybe. Is it an overall failure to be ready? Corruption in management? Maybe. Or is it psychological warfare? Those with greater comforts do tend to perform better.

Im no expert, but I think the corruption is so bad at every level of life there that it is difficult if not impossible for honest hard-working people to truly perform their jobs. The greed gets in the way of everything. Imagine trying to do something as huge as hosting the Olympics when everyone,…everyone has their hand out or a gun in your face, extorting money from those who actually want to rebuild that country.

Corruption and incompetence. Hosting Olympic games is a matter of national pride. It’s PR on an international scale. Even the Russians know you won’t get good PR if you piss off the international journalists who are covering the event.

So they don’t have an Athlete’s Village?

• trudie says:

30 years ago, my husband and I lived in the Soviet Union for his job. We knew there was no way that the conditions for these Olympics would be what the attendees were expecting. When we lived there, the town in which we lived had their hot water turned off for one month in the summer (supposedly for maintenance). When complaining to an interpreter at work about it, my husband was told: you complain about not having hot water for one month; we are happy to have it for 11.

I had hoped that, because they are on stage for these Olympics, conditions would be good, but I am not surprised at the result.

Oh, the stories I could tell!

Wow Trudie. They were happy to have it for 12 mths. Boy do we take things for granted.

• Mene Seela says:

That sounds like quite a adventure! How was the food?

• trudie says:

The town we lived in was a closed city. The people on our crew were the only foreigners who had ever been there. So, we were a bit of a sideshow for them. We really didn’t go out to restaurants. I really did stand in line for food. The company we worked for would truck in canned goods and alcohol for us. Meat was purchased from big metal vats at the market and we were never really sure what we were eating. Nothing was wrapped in plastic – we brought our own plastic bags or used newspapers. All the food we ate I made from scratch. I had a crank meat grinder to grind our meat (I also used it on peanuts to make peanut butter).

They had water machines on the street kind of like our pop machines. But, they had one hard plastic glass in the tray. You put your kopeck in the slot and the machine filled it with water. Then you returned the glass so the next person could use it. They had stands in the parks for beer. You drank your beer out of the plastic cup and then handed it to the next customer for his/her use.

Boy oh boy are we lucky!!

Oh my gosh!!!! Did all of this happen when you time-travelled back in time? But seriously, I’m going to read this to my husband when he gets home. Wow!!! Fascinating. The meat vats are freaking me out right now.

• trudie says:

It did feel like we traveled back in time. My mother refused to believe that conditions were are bad as they were. We met them in Rome for a vacation during that time (travel was one perk of the job) and she gave me a recipe that needed Knorr’s oxtail soup. I told her I waited in line for food and that there was nowhere I could get Knorr’s oxtail soup. Her response? “Oh Trudie, you always exaggerate things. Just go to the corner store and ask for it.”

During the month that we didn’t have hot water, we would either have to boil water on the stove for baths or else they sold these huge immersion electric heater things (like the little ones for making tea) that you submerged in the water in the tub. Unfortunately, the electric system wasn’t that great and things would short out like crazy and sparks would fly!

What a crazy and such interesting story Trudie. Wow!
                I knew someone whose jordache or Levi jeans were stolen from their hotel room in the 80s there. Those were big commodities

I’m so into The Americans right now- and it’s about the early 80s and Russian spies living here in the US. Great show.

• mariareads says:

Wow Trudie! Fascinating stuff! The glass thing…ugh!

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I love that you asked about the food Mene-im always worried about what I would eat if I went somewhere!! Certain place have me thinking I would starve and come home very skinny!! I’m not picky but I need to recognize the food I eat!!

13. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Here is a link to Brandi’s book-I know most are not interested but Harper put out a little bit of each chapter so now there is really no need to buy this book-it is full of the same exact stuff as her first book.

Thanks for posting for those who are interested. I’m not. So…..
      I wonder why they would do that? Like you said, why buy the book now? Not that I was ever gonna.

• plainviewsue says:

I gave it one page & I am done. Starting it off with F*CK Me. Then what she called Leann. How she writes about her sons’ father. She is disgusting.

Thks Sue. You just summer it up for us. Sue gave us the Crib Notes review. 🙂

• mariareads says:

You know plainviewsue, I’m no angel and I have been known to let fly some crude words when things are totally out of control but even I think Brandi is beyond disgusting. She seems to love to shock or think she’s shocking people. Little does she know that it just makes people like me think she is nothing but vulgar and gross. I may curse when something happens at home but I wouldn’t use that kind of language in front of other people AND the casual way she uses sex is so gross. Absolutely no meaning to it at all.

• plainviewsue says:

Amen to that!! Believe me, I’m no angel either when it comes to cursing! But to the extent of Brandi, it’s just beyond vulgar.

14. Lulu Team T-Rex!!!!!!!!!!!! says:

Hello everyone hope your day is going great!! Today is the coldest day of the year its 29!?!?!?………. it feels more like spring.

Who is a better matchmaker Patty Stanger or vh1 Steve Ward???? IMO they all suck!

:::waves:::
      Hope you’re getting settled in!

Hi Lulu!! There you are!! So happy u made it safely! How are Mr. president and the Guv??? It’s cold here, but not icy!!

I got to stay home today with pay because our school districts here had a 2 hr delay this morning and our preschool closes anytime there’s a delay. I repeat, there is no ice or snow…and I’m home. Well, I slept!!!in it was wonderful!!!

And now I’m getting to do chores…yay?? Haha. I’m playing yesterday’s Bethenny…Heidi and spencer are on. They are being (or seem to be) very honest about the money they made and lost. I keep thinking, what is their angle? Are they trying to get a show? Write a book?

Oh oops! E! Asked them to do a documentary!!

Yeah I watched Speidi too. Very interesting. They made a bunch of money and blew it like it would never run out. I didn’t like who they turned out to be by the last season of The Hills. I’m glad Heidi told the doc talked her into the surgery and she got a “good deal”. I remember when Heidi and the doc were on GMA and he said how “safe” it was to do 10 procedures at one time. He was already a famous Hollywood plastic surgeon so I don’t understand why he did it. I’m glad Speidi was honest about it all.

Heidinlooked really good, don’t u think?

Yes. She looked like she did 2 seasons before the last season of The Hills. She had on very little makeup and was dressed down. Spencer looked good also. He had gained some weight but he’s lost it. They looked and acted normal. It’s like The Body Snatchers returned the real Heidi and Spencer. I wonder how Spencer’s sis Stephanie is doing cuz she went into rehab after letting the fame consume her too.

There was an E special all about this last month! Bethenny didn’t break the news. e did. And it was good.

I was a HUGE Hills fan.

They’ll do anything for money, I think.

The Lulu Family is settling in. 🙂

Hi LULU hope you are well !

LOL!!!

16. LaineyLainey says:

Hi NMD!! Thanks for the blog. I love the Shahs!! Except for the first scene, like you said, with the suppository. That was completely unfunny and unnecessary.

17. Thank you for the Blog NMD! I am glad I didn’t watch the Shahs beginning but the images of the Iran frontier were just beautiful… it brought tears to my eyes… More Landscapes Bravo! and less drama and vulgarity… Please?

18. Mene Seela says:

I was relieved to read this contestant is a former tri-athlete. Now her weight loss seems more acceptable…. I guess

“Biggest Loser’s Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper React to Winner Rachel Frederickson’s Shocking Weight Loss
    Was Rachel Frederickson’s big reveal the, er, biggest in Biggest Loser history? Personal trainers Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper have seen some incredible transformations over the years, but even they were flabbergasted by Frederickson’s 155-pound weight loss on the show’s season 15 finale on Tuesday, Feb. 4.

Neither star could hide their shock as the 24-year-old former high school swimmer walked out onstage for the first time since leaving the ranch last fall. Both looked completely stunned by her appearance, and Michaels could be seen mouthing “Oh my God” several times before the camera panned away.”

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/biggest-losers-jillian-michaels-bob-harper-react-to-winner-rachel-fredericksons-shocking-weight-loss-201452#ixzz2sZQ6AU2T
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Ok. She’s a former athlete. It does kinda make sense. She’s 5ft 4 so I was kinda not sure that was a good weight for her. But she’ll probably gained 10-15 lbs.

19. sloanabarnett says:

Did anyone see that Brandi revealed on that podcast of hers that Lisa V used to live “deep in the valley”, was going bankrupt and is trying to hide that from everyone?

Yes we talked about it one day last week. Brandi is pathetic. That’s all she’s got? How many successful bis people have filed for biz bankruptcy? That’s in the past. Nothing to do w/now like the Guidices.

• sloanabarnett says:

I was just shocked because it seems like she has no boundaries and will reveal anyone’s private business and betray their trust just to make herself look good.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

She said that remark about Lisa as an example of how the HWs would be more interesting if they were “real”…Brandi thinks real means different things than most people!!

• sloanabarnett says:

You’re right, they were speaking about this within the context of the fact that RHOA doubles their ratings. Brandi thinks if Lisa and others would just come clean about that then the RHOBH ratings would be beat ATL. I don’t understand her logic either.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I’m very happy thinking Lisa has been rich forever and lived only in beautiful homes with amazing closets-she doesn’t need bankruptcy to keep me interested-she just needs to have more parties at home!!

• plainviewsue says:

I must have missed that. What the hell is wrong with this woman? This is why I think Yolanda is realizing that she needs to stay back. Obviously, Lisa told Brandi this in confidence.

If Lisa wants us to know about her past, then she can write a book about it. Right now, I couldn’t care.

Brandi’s truth cannon needs to be shut down. I really cannot see how anyone could ever want to be close friends with this woman.

• I hear you Plainviewsue… Brandi knows nothing about loyalty! Being in economic backs in life is all she has on Lisa? Lisa is a hard working woman shoulder to shoulder with her husband!

• missusmc says:

What’s funny is, Brandi said this trying to “expose” Lisa, but if this is true, it actually makes me like Lisa even more! To go from less than nothing to what she has now isn’t an easy feat! And to not give up after bankruptcy? Well, let’s just say that other people, when down on their luck, drink too much and play the victim card all day. Not Lisa! Good for her!

Lisa Never filed bankruptcy, i think they pondered filing BUSINESS bankruptcy on a failing restaurant/bar, that is NOTHING like personal bankruptcy, and they never filed, they paid their bills and closed the business.

Lainey you’re at home. Some good movies are on TCM. 30 days of Oscar’s films. I watched the end of Caged, them The Bad Seed. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane comes on next at 3:30. I love a good black and white drama. 🙂

I taped The Bad Seed!! I’ve got Sugar and Spice playing…I love that movie. I wish I had taped Baby Jane!!! Darn…maybe I’ll catch it when it plays again. I just switched over to it…and am taping what is left of it.

• 2Stupid says:

The Bad Seed is one of my all time movies. Everytime my little girl wears her tap shoes, I think of that movie. And the way she pronounced the janitors name, LeRoy, in that little tone of hers. Don’t mess with her and a medal!!! I think the ending was kind of a big deal for that time period. Wished I would have recorded it!

I have seen it more than a dozen times. She’s an evil little girl. She goes from 0 to 10 in 30 seconds. They all did the stage play first. I’d love to see that on tape somewhere. I don’t recall seeing her in any other film as a child or an adult. Maybe I have but just didn’t realize it was her.

Yes. I love the way the wrote “please don’t tell the ending”. Ha! I like the way they used to do thst. Made it more suspenseful.

Eastbayca are you freakin for real? Let me read this. I don’t like Jill Zarin.

I really really don’t like Jill Zarin. Why is she on Where Are They Now? I don’t recall her being an Oprah guest. She’s disgusting.

• Sus says:

I have words! I don’t care if Mario screwed around with 1,000,000 women. There’s no way I will believe he came on to JZ. Even if you showed me video I would say JZ slipped something in his drink. There’s just no way!
      Thanks for sharing Eastbayca. Now I know to avoid Oprah tomorrow night. What snake JZ is.

I wonder if she’s going to say she was so “infamous////famous” that there were blogs dedicated to her.

I’m dvr’ing. I’m not a Nielsen house so I don’t care.

Bode Miller just tore up the downhill in practice. Save some for the competition Bode!

Lainey I’m going to have to do some recording. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf on at 8; Georgie Girl on at 10:30 on TCM. 🙂

Oh my gosh, I hadn’t seen this til now, but 4minutes after u posted this…I posted almost the same thing down below. Eeeeery. Carlton? Are u with us? Are you commanding us? No offense, I’m not labeling, just asking a question.

23. California35 says:

Hi – from rainy California 🙂 i like the rain when is just a bit of it 🙂

I saw some quick previews on bravo. Brandi is saying she is not 100% ready to take Lisa or fight Lisa….how about DON’T then. I don’t understand why when a friendship ends, why does it have to turn into a fight or enemies. How about just distance yourself, if you must talk to each other be sibyl. I get that if you want to save it and want to address your friend about it, you can talk about it to see if it can be saved, but not fight. Either way, as many have said here. Weather Lisa did or not do something to her , she was also a friend. How about respecting that, the good stuff you got from her and move on without turning on her.

Ok thats it :-p

The other preview was about Lisa’s show reunion. Tom is with the blond bar tender now…Kristin is maaaad. Ouch! By the way, can these guys and girls date/hook up outside the group??!

Brandi is an idiot. I think Lisa can be a better friend than Kyle and Lisa seems to be one to use her contacts to help someone. I don’t think Kyle or Yo would use their contacts to help a sista out.
      Tom is w/ the blonde? Woo hoo! Not that Tom wasn’t totally wrong for cheating on Kristen and Kristen did it to him so it was wrong also but Kristen is immature. That’s her big problem. She’s one if the oldest in their group and acts like she’s 15 yrs old.

24. LaineyLainey says:

I’m dvr’ing “who’s afraid of Virginia Woolf” and also “Gorgy Girl”. Or it’s Georgie?

Georgy. 🙂 Virginia Wolf was on in December but I only saw the ending. I think that’s my favorite of Elizabeth & Richard. I think Cleopatra is my 2nd fav w/them.

25. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I’m afraid Tartsy might be hidden away in Carlton’s dungeon…Tartsy come back to us!!!!!

LOL.

Has VV been here ? Lots of Lisa talk and no VV.
      🆘🆘📵❓❓❓⌛️

Who? When? What? 👀👂

Haha!!!

I missed that you were above. 🔝🔝🔝🔝

👍

Is this about Brandi saying Lisa filed for bankrupcty?

I know in the early 90s when Lisa was on Baywatch Ken owned four pizza places and three got destroyed after an earthquake. Maybe the filed for Banruptcy then, I don’t know..( I’m speculating).
            They went back to Englsnd after earthquake in 94.

Brandi is not disciplined enough to research anything. She may have been given bad gossip same as when Camille accused Lisa of not owning SUR. I’m sure Brandi has been tipped by current, ex HWs as well and Lisa haters.

Is Sur owned mostly by Lisa and Ken— but not completely ?

Don’t mean to drudge up old stuff 📁📂📓

I don’t know what the split is, but the have at least one partner in SUR – Guillermo, don’t know his last name.

Yes, I know. S2 (I think), they showed Lisa talking to Guillermo about expanding SUR and she clearly stated on the scene she co-owned the restaurant with him.
                In Vegas when questioned by Canille, she stated she was majority owner with 51%.

I feel so bad since I’m late coming in to BH !

Guillermo – must be the short older man standing in the main screenshot of the show VPR? I’ll check it out.
                  I love the name Guillermo

• mm in oc says:

My theory is that Stfu is the wackyjacky of BH. She hears a small part of a story and her feeble brain morphs it into bad game of telephone wherr it barely resembles the original story. Also she adjust the story to fit her own needs. E.g. lawsuitgate. She wasnt being sued but I understand why she would seek counsel. Either way she blew it out of proportion.

26. kit9 says:

Oh for fu*k’s sake, I’m finishing Brandi’s podcast write up and for once she’s not the most annoying person on the show. I cannot listen to one more word from freaking Brett Easton Ellis!

You brave brave soul.

He’s on there ????

Are you kidding me ?

Most folks that have ever met Brett Easton Ellis have called him the biggest DOUCHE bag they have ever had the displeasure to meet. I actually know someone that met him at a party and he was a DICK, seriously, everyone at the party was mocking him and he was so clueless and reveling in his own narcissism he didn’t even realize the ENTIRE party was making fun of him

T-Rex how are you doing?

Hi Powell, I came here to post the same thing! Thinking of you T-Rex…stay strong girl!

Still in my thoughts and prayers, TRex!

Good question Powell – TRex hope you’re doing well

I’m sure she’ll come on to pipe in on her STFUKmoron Brandi or whatever she calls her !

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I think you added a K? What does the K stand for???

I was driving I don’t know I did that by mistake. (Not litralee driving, at a stop)
          I forget her exact name for BBBBBBBBB

• mariareads says:

I was looking for her too. I have been on the computer most of the day. Thanks for keeping me company ladies : ) I did something to my back..again..and can’t have an epidural until Monday morning and today it has been especially painful. I was hoping that T-Rex would be checking in a few times. Love her spirit in the face of a challenge and I could use some of that today because I am not dealing with this back issue like a warrior. I gave in today and I need a dose of warrior woman LOL!!

Ooooh Maria- harika- I’m sorry, feel better. I know back issues can be just AWFUL. They say they’re genetic. Be careful ! I’m sure everyone here will provide laughs and good times 🙂

• Laineylainey says:

Hang in there, Lovely lady!!!

• mariareads says:

Thanks ladies. I’m OK. It has been 8 or 9 months of this. That’s what you get for carrying twins and then shoveling snow, moving furniture, carting toddlers, and acting like superwoman when Mike was working and I needed to get things done. It will be fine once I get the shot and get to PT. I’m actually looking forward to it! Lunatic that I am. But I’m surfing the net and writing long past due e-mails to friends and spending time here with you all which I don’t get to do much. So it has an upside. In the face of all the things people are dealing with this is just an annoyance. I just need to get some of my fighting spirit back!

Hey guys! Doing great, taking a break from the blogs because of the DISLIKE I have for Bravo right now is just not healthy. Love you guys, still reading though. I have my Thryoidectomy on Wednesday, YEAH! Radiation will be done on Tuesday. Will be in the hospital until Friday. Then a week of nothing, then Friday the 19th, more Labs, Doctor visit, then the scheduling of the PET Scan and two rounds of IV of Zometa to strengthen the bones. Then a round of Iodine, then another PET scan, then an additional round of Iodine. Most folks have to do two rounds of the Iodine, but I have been a very weird case, even by the doctors standards, so we will have to see what happens after the Zometa and Pet Scan, and the first Iodine treatment. Thankfully I think I mentioned not a darned thing in the Lymph nodes and nothing in the organs, YAHOO! So, will keep reading and will maybe post. Spending time this weekend cleaning, and getting my crap put together for the hospital. Got a Surface Pro for the Hospital, I love it! It’s so way better than an Ipad, in my opinion, but I like a regular computer and not a bigger Iphone. So, I will be able to keep up with everyone. Thanks everyone for asking about me!!

• mariareads says:

There you are!! And there’s that great spirit I was looking for!! Sending you positive everything for next week. And you are right. You need to surround yourself with positive feelings and thoughts and I’m sure everyone here will be happy and kind enough to send to you.

• T-Rexy— Your Health comes first, dear! Having angry thoughts when you are in the path of getting better, is not the best for you. Do not take any of this fake drama serious… try to laugh at them IF you can’t, surround yourself with just positive thoughts. We love to have you around and for you to feel our support, but if you feel that it is negative for your health, do not do it, sweetie! Praying for you and sending love thoughts your way!

(((T-Rex))) It’s sound like you have a great team on your side. 🙂
        Sending good thoughts your way. I agree with Cusi don’t even think
        about Bravo right now. Hopefully you will be able to see the Olympics
        while you are held up. 🙂

Ha Nancy, I am MORE pissed at Russia for everything they are doing to RUIN the Olympics! It’s a disgrace and I wonder how much Bribe money it took for them to get the Olympics? I will try to watch but again so MAD everytime it’s even on as I think of all the awful things they are doing behind the scenes

I’ve been reading a lot on this subject and it’s shocking as it’s everything
            the Olympics should not be about. I actually feel sorry for the athletes.

Glad to know we got your ears burning! 😉 Sounds like everything is scheduled and progressing as planned. I’ll be thinking of you especially on Wednesday.

T-Rex, did you get to see a message I left you, when you were talking about surgery and scaring? Part of it was my recommending a product called Mederma… let me know if you missed that and I’ll post those thoughts again. 🙂

Yes, have Mederma on the must HAVE list, thankfully you posted this and my co-workers wife said the same thing when she had hers. I think the Doc said they send some home with you, don’t know if it’s prescription level or just over the counter. Just need to ask when I can start using it. Still scared about the “glueing” thing, but I have to get over that. Crap had my freakin spine cracked wide open and had no qualms about, that but scared of a two inch incision glued together, go figure.

It’s OTC remember get it with sunscreen The doc will tell you when to start. The stitches aggravated me, so I would welcome glue, ha. Part of the apprehension is the unknown, and you’ve had your share already…more than! But I guess seeing the stitches there is assurance nothing will open up accidentally. The glue probably can not been seen. I can understand your concern trusting the glue. I found it easier to control/limit the movement of the head and neck than a lot of other things on the body!

Well, here is the funnier part, he said that what we hear as “internal” stitches is a lot of times GLUE. I think they may have internally glued the spine then did the staples over it. And I don’t think I will have a drainage tube with the Thyroidectomy I hope. My co-workers’s wife came by the office and we went into the Ladies Room which has tons of light and mirrors, and she could barely find her own scar on her neck. She had glue and used the Mederma!

Will keep praying for you TRexy-Pooh! Thanks for the update, so happy you are just taking a break from the ugliness of Bravo. I’m glad you’ll be able to check in with us!!!

• MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

Take your time T-Rex.. We expect nothing more from you than what you can give and want to give.

28. plainviewsue says:

Don’t know if this was brought up, but did anyone catch Richie Wakile on Bethenny’s show yesterday. I don’t get why she has him on as much as she does. Next week, both he & Kathy will be on.

Anyway, he was as vulgar and disgusting as he is on the HW’s and on twitter. Leering over one of the guest’s breasts; saying women want their men to be in control; and just other disgusting things coming out of that disgusting mouth of his.

Ew.

I was happily watching, when that strange panel with Richie came on. I immediately stopped watching and deleted the program altogether!

I don’t get so much Bravo love she gives. I get it when the show was being tested but not now.

I actually enjoy the bravo connection…but not the Richie thing. I know a friend of the Wakiles works for Bethenny, right? He has nothing to offer,…everytime he is on I will stop watching and delete whatever’s left of the show.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I think Bethenny is tired of him too-she was rolling her eyes with every comment he made

• mariareads says:

GAHHH…I have not had the TV on at all today. I’m so glad. If I had tuned in and seen his …….mug…I would have flipped out. I avoid him at all costs. He’s so gross. So gross.

I always like to put an ALERT on here when Richie is on— lol. So gross.

Oh no! Watching TMZ. They said in Sochi they’re killing the stray dogs cuz they don’t want them around for the Olympics? Uuuuu. No! They wouldn’t do that would they?

Yeah, that’s what’s being reported.

Yeah this was in the news last week. Naturally I can’t read about it.

There are lots of cities world-wide sadly that have so many strays. 😦

Sad

Oh this makes me sick.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

People were saying that when they opened their hotel room doors they would find dogs in the room…this Olympic is not going well before it even starts!!!

Bizarre

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Yes very bizarre-the dogs are everywhere-it’s not like they didn’t know this!!!

I should not have read your post.
          🙈🙈🙈🙈

Activists are over there right now building dog shelters and they are trying to get
            the athletes and the public to adopt them and take them out of Russia after the games.

Well there’s like 50 other countries they can go to after that …… Blah

This will get noticed only bc of the Olympics 😦

• mariareads says:

Was just talking to my husband about this. He said “You expect Putin to give a damn about animals and set up programs to have them neutered/spayed and rescued?” He’s right. I’m an idiot for thinking that.

That would be good.

Nancy – a billionaire is trying to help – on people’s first page http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20778965_20784304,00.html

I’m not reading it but it’s on the main page

That page won’t open but I did hear about him. This is been making me
                sick ever since I heard about it so I’ve been trying to keep up on what’s
                going on. I’ll never understand “stuff” like this. So frigging sad.

I have a friend who moved from Ireland to Japan for a year. He brought their dog with them. It is not easy or cheap to bring a pet across national borders.

• mm in oc says:

One of my good friends is from Taiwan. They (like many countries unfortunately) dont care about strays. There is a small orgorganization there that focuses on adopted these often abused dogs to other countries. She adopted one and it’s quite the process. Poor boy had a broken jaw and was terrified of children when he got to Seattle. Now he’s much better. I told her he’s now upper crust and wont settle for anything but the best hes so spoiled.

• mm in oc says:

That sounds like a dream come true. Happy little puppies to keep you company wwhile away from home.

• Eastbayca says:

That is happening and it is very sad. The other thing that is happening in Russia is the “hunting” of gay people…BBC did a documentary called Hunted.

I remember reports of killing stray dog before the Greece Olympics as well.

• mariareads says:

I don’t recall that. But it doesn’t surprise me. Greeks used to hate dogs and wouldn’t have them in the house. Things changed and now most families own a dog but I’m sure with the freaking mess the government has put their economy into there is nothing done for animals other than to kill them. Brutal. I wonder if most European countries are like that. I think the USA is way ahead of just about everyone for the way we treat our animals. Maybe Australia is the same or better. I know not everyone feels the way I do about it but I don’t see any stray dogs in any of the states and towns I have lived in. No animals just roaming around. It depends on the town/city/state laws I’m sure.

Maria my yiayia would never let dogs inside her house, only the cats. They had a barn to go to. But my dad lives and dies for our dogs.

We can’t forget that people used to make fun of the French for loving their dogs so much years ago. And the Brits have a long-standing ADORATION for their dogs. (Shout out Giggy and Lisa!)

Probably – it’s sad. 😦
        I’m ashamed

• Sus says:

3 to 4 million dogs and cats are killed in shelters every year in the US. It’s not a Russia problem, it’s a world problem.

WORD

PREACH ……

when I see people buying dogs I want to scream at them. I have a couple of pet stores near me that I want to go to and throw fake blood at at night or graffiti or something at night. I get too incensed. I have cased the outside to see what cameras are around. !!!! No I won’t do it but …

You have to adopt. No question. That’s why all the oohs and ahs for stupid Andy and his beautiful dog are lame to me. He has to do that or else he’d be lambasted for getting a breeder’s dog or god forbid just outright buying one.

And as most problems in the world lead to >>>>>>China- they and some other Asian cultures see dogs as something to eat. It’s a delicacy.
        Ok must relax – it’s Friday !

(Pardon my rant, have a great weekend)

30. In TCM= “Wait Until Dark” with Audrey Hepburn. Right now.

• Laineylainey says:

I’ve got it on, too!! Its so good!! I can’t say I’m sitting here watching, I’m up and around trying to cook dinner and fold laundry…but it’s blaring…since I’m alone!!

Ok that’s the one where she’s blind right ? I have to check when it’s on again. Darn!

Yeah it’s not one of my favs so I passed. I’ve seen it a few times.

31. Laineylainey says:

You know, I wanted to tell all of you Laineygirl well-wishers that usually the way it works,…if you’ve got it you’ll hear something within about 48 hours. If you didn’t get it, they just never contact you. Everyday that goes by is not positive. But let’s give it another day. Unless they like you, but you’re not their first choice, then they string you along until their first choice commits or backs out.

It hasn’t even been 24 hrs yet Ms Lainey. Deep breaths…in & out. 🙂

I think Carlton put a spell on me as I feel like crap!

Are you sick Nancy?

Yes maria I woke up with the flu. 😦 It better be a 24 hr one.

Ooh feel better Nancy. I was just talking about tamiflu with my friend because she used to sell it and still has some stock at home

Feel good

• mariareads says:

Oh heck. You must feel rotten. As we say in Greek : Perastika (let it pass quickly). There’s all kind of crud floating around right now. so many people are sick. At least you have a doctor that can’t give you an excuse for not returning your call!!!

He’s not even home yet. 😦 That’s ok as when I don’t feel well I
              just want to be left alone. I’m sure I’ll feel better tomorrow but thank-you.

Oh noooooooo! So sorry you are not feeling well!

But Lainey I see interviews with actors all the time saying they didn’t hear until SO LONG after stuff that they booked? Maybe that was not the norm….

Still sending good vibrations 〰〰〰〰〰

Thanks for the continuous vibes!!! Maybe that’s for bigger projects…her stuff is runway shows, catalog ads, online ads, commercials, Internet promos….starting at the bottom ish? So far the response has been either super fast or she hears nothing. But of course there’s always wiggle room for the “ya never know” aspect of life.

She’s so brave to do this and so lucky to have your support !

Keep us posted 📮📩

• mariareads says:

Your daughter is brave to wade in those waters! It’s a rough road to go. Getting the jobs on her own without knowing anyone is a big deal Lainey. You should be so proud of her, as I’m sure you are. My husband worked in NY for most of his career and might be going back. He knows lots of people in many firms and banks but our sons got their jobs on their own without any phone calls or mentions to anyone and they are the happier for it and they feel that they were hired on their own merit and because they had what it took. There is a huge satisfaction in that. That said, I know they are completely different fields and it is much harder to break into the business that your daughter would like to be a part of. So far she seems to be doing a good job for herself and that’s an amazing accomplishment.

32. mariareads says:

Wow. That’s really cruel. Super cruel.

• mariareads says:

That was meant for Lainey. How the heck did it end up floating down here?

Yeah, when I first learned of how they treat her (well how they treat everybody), I felt so sad. But that’s how it is when you have no connections. She tries to network but she’s also paying her bills, so the socializing part of it can be limited. You know, if it’s meant to be it will be, but it has to be a lot more fun and fruitful when one or both of your famous parents can pick up the phone and help open doors for you. Not whining, (maybe a little?) but that’s how it is for the majority of folks out there who have stars in their eyes and have no one to help them. So what, right? its like 99% of the people out there probably. So shes not alone by any means.

she has a pretty good attitude for the most part. but she admits that when casting people say really cruel things, she takes it like a woman, and just says “thank you!”. then has herself a good little cry in the privacy of her car, then she shakes it off and gets back on the road.

She is really getting into fitness and is trying to build something with that, too. Fingers crossed! (Haha that makes me think of Brandi now…”fingers crossed!” Haha). I should post a more recent picture in her yoga poses! You guys will love it!

She is a super happy young lady, so don’t feel bad for her. She loves her job at Lululemon, she teaches yoga at Core Power yoga and also teaches at Flywheel. THOSE folks are super duper unbelievably kind, so…I guess it all balances out.

When she tires of that whole Hollywood scene she will move on to other things. I sometimes want to tell her to change gears, but hubs tells me “no,…let her figure it out. We/she has to let it play out like its supposed to”

Well isn’t that true of all of us? Our own lives and that of our children? It just has to play out.

You’re a great mommy Lainey.

Wow Lainey …..
          Flywheel ! And yoga and Lululemon – wonderful

I know we’ve discussed this- she should apply for a job at one of Lisa’s restaurants. Ha!

But restaurant world is very specific

Yeah, I think that’s true for most of us and I sense you’ve been a very good mother and I’m sure it’s difficult to have her so far away and let her find her way through all she’s doing. Thanks for the update and all. Seems to me her ‘day job’ is brilliant because to have your look and body be everything in modeling – she is getting paid to stay fit. 🙂

Thanks everybody!

33. Sure I have a life, but here just with wondering thoughts…

Was Brandi offended by Scheanna presence when she used to hang out at SUR and Villa Blanca, having free food and drinks?

NOPE and Scheana waited on her NUMEROUS times there as well. Scheana is LisaV’s “goto” waitress for her high=profile customers! She is really a great waitress, and she makes a lot of money, it’s one of the reason all the girls hated her when she came to Sur! But when you are busy trying to F**K rich dudes as you are getting free meals and drinks you keep your yap shut, or she was too drunk or high to notice Scheana was even there.

• Hahaaa! It is exactly what I thought! Brandi is soooooooooo transparent! She is a user and discard! Nothing better for Lisa than to lose her as a friend (and cheaper! that gal drinks like a camel!!!!

I think this is why Lisa come across as trying to throw them together, and folks are not understanding why. In Lisa’s mind MORONSTFUBrandi has seen Scheana TONS of times, when LIsa and Ken were footing her bills for alcohol and food(well not food as she doesn’t actually eat, if she does she just throws it up). They even all had a Sunday Brunch together, so in Lisa’s mind, well, these two adult people have decided to be civil to one another, but nope the mentally challenged MORONSTFUBrandi then decides to re-hash the whole thing and fake it for the cameras. UGH, Again she proves every day why I can’t stand that bitch

• California35 says:

think for a while Lisa didn’t have much time for Brandi, and some Shenna was in the picture because of the restaurants and the show or because of Pandora. Either way it may have seem like Shenna was more around Lisa than Brandi, she may have had issues with that.

Oh boy. Bob Costas has an infection in his eye. I hope he didn’t get it from unsanitary conditions in Sochi.

Women’s snowboarding to qualify is on.

OMG the “Affluenza” defense actually worked. He gets drunk, kills four people
    but doesn’t get any time in prison “only” rehab. 😦

Thanks BB. Direct TV lets you live stream the games so I’ve been watching it
        all day. I’m worried about Patrick Chan (Canada) though as his nerves are
        getting to him. He’ll be the first man to get a gold in mens figure skating if he
        wins it so there’s a lot on the line.

ITA agree with him. Ever since Salt Lake CIty figure skating has become
        a different sport and not for the better IMHO. Skating is about edges and a
        lean of the body not a gymnastics routine. I’m glad my skating years were
        back when it was real figure skating.

Nancy, from what I read and my cousin said, since they charged him as a “minor” he is actually going to serve more time in Rehab then he would have in prison, I believe that he has to serve “at least” 3 years. In addition, he can have ZERO contact with his parents for I believe at least one year. The rehab is mandatory and if he leaves for any reason he will have to go to prison. While this is horrible for those that he killed, but he got something. Oh, and those parents will be sued for almost every penny they have! So, the kid gets to kill people and ruin his parents lives at the same time.

The husband that lost his family only wants to hear the words…”I’m sorry” but
        has yet to hear them from the kid. I just hope it’s a hard ass rehab not the kind
        that Malibu has.

Yeah. Saw that on GMA. The only thing those families can do is sue his parents in civil court. They’re so rich, sue them then. Hit them in the pocketbook

And actually, charging him as a minor HURTS his parents pocketbook, had he been charged as an adult, they may have been exempt from paying his legal obligations but as a minor they are completely 100% liable. In addition, since the wonderful advent of the internet, everyone knows how much they are worth so they can’t go hiding their assets either. You want to raise a USELESS, MURDERING child, you get to pay for that privilege with all of your money.

37. T-Rex says:

OMG Nancy, I didn’t realize that Florida is “representing” in skating this year, we have a doubles team that practices in Ellenton Florida. Who knew?

What are their names? Are they pair skaters or single skaters? I’ve been watching
      it all day as I can live stream it on my laptop. This Team Skating is new so it’s
      something different. Not sure if I’ll be a fan though as it’s taking time away from
      them practicing for their individual programs.

38. California35 says:

Powell, sorry i hit and run earlier. Thanks for comenting 🙂

Yes, tom with the blond. She seems nice and notmal. I hope Tom is good for her 😛 i hr needs to br more mature and strong for his next relationship (and not cheat!!!).

And yeah, i dont think Brandi will get much from the other wives. They have a life and they got to know her. I think i this time, they just dont want to give her reasons to talk about them.

Layne! Cograts to your daughter 🙂

Watching the season finale of TonedUp. I really enjoyed this light-hearted show…..it didn’t have drama or nastiness, so I’m worried Bravo may not bring it back! 😮

I’m watching Couple’s Therapy and George is looking better and better. LOL

Haha, Nancy. I have it on the DVR for after TonedUp. CT was pretty serious last week. I hope ghost gets knocked off his high horse…oh well, a girl can dream.

I saw something that Farrah is saying she was raped or abused sexually a couple of times in her past ?

Don’t know if she’s just making this up or what ….I know she’s a WHACKJOB

Tonight’s episode is rather disturbing. Ghost has to be the most
          despicable man on earth. IMHO this is not the show for Farrah as I think
          she has some deep seeded problems. Last but not least “Taylor” is still
          a bitch.

Some things never change.

Well, I am fairly put off that Andy has guests and the TonedUp girls are bartenders?! They should have been the guests! See, no gross over the top drama = a walk on as bartenders on WWHL.

He hates women IMHO.

• California35 says:

oh really? well maybe it didn’t get as much ratings…come on people lets start watching more of the shows with less drama so they come back 😛

I watch Toned Up Tex. I found it a couple of weeks ago, so didn’t catch it from the beginning, but it was a marathon Sat and watched maybe 6 shows. I really like it. The girls are fun to watch, and it just puts a smile on my face! 😀

• California35 says:

I enjoyed that too. Sweet. Also keeps me thinking about exercising 😛 Darn they are toned up!

Some of these new sports at the Olympics are CRAZY!!!!

I don’t see how so many are “sports” …..

This goes for all Olympics. Not just winter.
      I love the comedians’ jokes about how anything can be a sport LOL

41. chismosa™ says:

No liquids allowed on planes flying direct to Russia

George just gave me a card…On the outside it’s a picture of a lady with
    a TV remote in her hand thinking…”Let’s see…Jersey Shore,
    Real Housewives of Atlanta, the Kardashians…Then the inside said…
    Are we just getting older or is the world losing its mind?

This is interesting…I did not know that it was illegal to dip the American flag to anybody.

lol! More a guideline, it says. Funny, I don’t recall ever seeing anyone dip a flag to present so-called dignitaries and I’ve seen many many Olympics. On another Olympic note, Bob Costas said the word “Pussy”(as in Riot)twice. Don’t know why but it cracked my up!

clarify….I’ve never seen any country dip their flag, not just the US. Maybe I just never noticed.

I remember seeing (in films) the athletes “saluting” Hitler.

Actually it was Sonja Henie that I saw. 😦

Wow. Guess if there was ever an occasion where people felt they had to do it-or more accurately, afraid not to-it was at the Nazi led Olympic games. Creepy.

On another Olympic note..just saw a piece on the man who designed Russia’s opening ceremony. He’s a Russian born, now American, who has lived more than half his life in the US and lives in Brooklyn.

They were talking about him a while ago. What cracked me up tonight was
                seeing Brian Orser (Canadian) coaching the figure skating team of Japan!
                The Olympics today don’t excite me like they used to as everyone lives
                all over the place so it has lost the feel for me.

44. chismosa™ says:

Anyone see Jay Leno? I don’t care for him and as my father said he’s been “sneaky” ….. But I shed a tear. Whatevs. I’m a Letterman gal anyway

Letterman gal here, but watched because I figured a lot of celebs would be on the last show.

I forgot all about!! How was it? Who was there?? Tell me everything!!! Haha

Ok:
          Billy Crystal was main guest — and he got up to sing the Goodnight / Goodbye song – sorry I don’t know the name- from Sound of Music and jack black, Sheryl Crow, Jim Parsons, Kim Kardashian (!!!!💩💩💩💩💩💩💩), Carol Burnett (! Amazing), and OOOOOOOOOOPrah came out each to sing one funny line. It was cute. Maybe I missed someone.

Garth Brooks then performed. ??? I guess jay loves GB?

And then jay got emotional at his desk.

I checked on Dave to see if he said anything, he quickly said something like congrats and best wishes to Jay. And showed a shot of Jay as a guest on Dave’s show ages ago. Did not spend a lot of time at all.
          #teamDave

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Nice recap Girlfriend!! Thanks!!

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

BTW I used to be obsessed with Letterman-I watched every night for years and years…I don’t know why I stopped?

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

They just showed the highlights on the Today Show-he was very emotional!! Billy Crystal and all of them did a great job!

Ashy: morning– 🍻🍻🍺🍺🍞🍩clink clink–

Do you know what movie I saw is going to be on lifetime today !?
      The movie the truth canon’s hubby met his new wife in!

I’m not watching I just saw it in the listing 😂😂😂

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Oh Lord!! I never saw the movie and I’m not watching it today!! I have a breakfast date with 2 of my sisters!! Have a great day…🍻🍻🍻🍻☕️☕️☕️☕️🍳🍳🍳🍳🍞🍞🍞🍩

LOL. Have a fabulous morning Jill…I wish I were doing what you’re doing! 😀

Donuts and beer ! Breakfast of champions 👍😜

How did I miss those eggs!
          Have fun I LOVE breakfast –could eat that all day.

Mimosa and Bloody Marys all around ….

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I wish it were the kind of breakfast where we were having mimosas…just going to the diner-so strictly coffee and eggs!!🍳☕️☕️🍳☕️🍳and🍩🍩🍩

Have fun ….

Maybe slip a little baileys or whiskey into the coffee – I forget what makes an Irish coffee and all my friends drink them.

Misleading headline ^^^ Alexia said there is going to be S6 and she also said Hoanna is an idiot (okay that is my word! – Alexia said she has ‘a lack of comprehension’)

Correction: S4!

Yay!

If Ho has to stay on since bravo won’t allow her on California franchises — she’s going to be an utter BIT*H and moreso than usual because she’ll be pouting about not being on the west coast

“She doesnt belong in BH for obvious reasons ”

Lol! I don’t care if it may be due to Brandi for either the conflict between them or because BBBBB brought the BH franchise down a few notches already and they don’t need the polish putana to add to that, but thank you Brandi. No Ho’s in BH please!

Now I don’t remember how they sat. I know Ho was a 1st seat, always pouting 👄with the faccia bruta or whatever the expression is, right?
        Andy likes to play off that they have Latin “attitude” or whatever so that’s probably why he called out the Miami gals for the seating things when you know the fired red devil in NY probably did much worse.
        I want mama Elsa back. 😦

Yay!! I’m glad I love RHOM! I hope they do come back. With or without Joanna. I like having Joanna on the show because Joanna does add some “celebrity” to the group…maybe not A – list, but she was a celebrity before housewives.

I would be ok with Joanna moving on or staying, either way, I like the Miami housewives. I have to admit, I kinda like the crossing over,…like maybe Joyce or Lilly could appear on Miami…according to twitter they are all friends. Or maybe Brandi could make an appearance since she’s…..friends with…..hmmmmm…..Adriana? Wasnt it Adriana who Brandi confided in about The alleged affair b/t Jo and mo? So they must be bff’s? Why else would Brandi betray Yofo?