Rest in Peace Nancy

Nancy passed away today.  Below is a message from MookiesMom who was on the phone to Nancy’s husband George when the paramedics were there:

“Hello everyone. I have some very sad news to share with you all. Our dear Nancy passed away earlier today. I spoke with George and needless to say he is in a state of shock. I will be in touch with him in the coming days and will pass along any messages that you all may have for him. You can email me directly atMookies1mom@gmail.com if you would prefer to send private messages to George and her family. She will truly be missed.

George found her unconscious. He called 911 and began CPR. The paramedics arrived while I was on the phone with him. I told him that I would call him later to check up on her. I called back a few minutes later to ask him if I could make any calls for him. At that point the paramedics had determined that they could not revive her. Needless to say he was in complete shock. I’m going to call him in a little while to check up on him.”

Needless to say I’m in deep shock.  I can only hope that Nancy was watching Olympics Skating – her love – when it happened.

Rest in Peace Nancy.  You’ve been a great friend, and I will miss you terribly.

Veena

__________________________________________

Nancy and Emily

nancyandemily

______________________________

Nancy as a bride.. No info on the date

nancy1

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

428 Responses to Rest in Peace Nancy

Rest in Peace, Nancy. You will be missed.
    Prayers

2. nyc mama says:

My sincerest condolences to her family and friends on this board. I am so sorry to hear this. I always looked forward to reading her posts be they about the HW’s, skating, animals, music,… I am truly sorry.

3. Pghemtchick says:

(I’m just moving my comment over as I’m too shocked to properly add to it right now)

I’m so sad to hear this. Poor Doctor George and kitties. Thank you for letting us know. I can’t fathom right now never having a conversation about the whales, her animals, or just snarking on housewives. She’s an amazing lady. Sending my sympathy to George and her siblings and all her other fam blog and real life. I know she’s up in heaven embraced by Lynn and petting her beloved Emily. #RipNancy

Pgh- you said that about the animals and such – sorry I didn’t give you credit in my post below — you are so right / it’s so sad 😦

That’s a real nice thought, P-chick. Picturing her with her beloved Emily and Sweet Lynn…that’s a nice thought.

Oh no!! This is a complete shock! I just don’t know what to say. Poor George and their family. Nancy was just a beautiful person. Any of us could come to her and she was always there. I’m heart broken. This doesn’t make any sense. #RIP Nancy.

4. iceNfire says:

Rest in Peace Nancy.

5. chismosa™ says:

This is so sad. Someone said before that we won’t be able to post about animals or whales or any of that – and not think of Nancy. I will always think of her with regards to that…..

She was not feeling well last week- does everyone else remember that? She thought she had a cold ?

She always remembered us and asked us about how we were and remembered details !

DJ is going to be devastated to see this. She and Nancy had a bond.

And the Olympics, her favorite thing, and on valentine’s day- oh poor George. I hope he has family to keep him company.

A huge huge prayer for her– and everyone, Exit is right – we must remember we have to celebrate each day.
    Hugs to all of you xxoo

6. LaineyLainey says:

I love you, Nancyroo! My little buddy!!

Hi MookiesMom, I can barely see through my tears as I write this and mourn the death of someone I had grown to love and trust. The last time we emailed was Wednesday, she mentioned you to me. She said you were so nice and that she just knew you and I could be friends, too. I have been wanting to meet her in real life ever since my daughter moved to L.A. A year ago, she said her health just wouldn’t allow it; I don’t think I had a full understanding of her condition. Once after one of my trips out west, I told her that I would have driven any distance to meet her and she sent me a picture of her hands and clued me in on her daily struggles with her health and without saying the word “suffer” I had a clearer understanding of her daily suffering. Recently, She promised me she was going to go to the doctor soon and get on top of her heart ailments and said that she promised she was going to try to get better so that she could enjoy life more and so we could hang out together the next time I went to Cali.

I remember when she went to see the little girl Jackie Evancho, she mentioned how hard it was to walk and how grateful she was that her hubby, sis and brother in law were so patient and careful with her. She was so grateful to have gone to this concert to hear this little angel sing. Little Jackie will always bring memories of our Nancy.

I miss her already. I’m so sorry for George and what he must be going through right now.
    Please let me know if you can, of any final arrangements, if theres a service, where, the date, etc. so that I can send my condolences.
    I just don’t want this to be true, but if it is…then what a fitting day, a day of expressing love…Nancy, I love you! We all love you!

Oh Lainey …. I never knew you had this great friendship with her – so sorry.

I remember Nancy saying she wasn’t feeling well recently. This is just so sad.
      I can see from what you said it was quite a struggle she may have been going through.

Oh ……
      Just all love ❤️to Nancy and hopefully Lynn is keeping great
      company with her. ….. 😔so hard to process.

Remember to tell our families each and every day we love them so ….. Even the tough situations. You may not have time in the end.

Oh Boston is going to be so sad to hear this! And DJ
      ….. Oh jeez

Awww! thanks Chismosa! She was so kind to everyone, Chismosa. We had exchanged some great correspondence, …this is really hard but I know I’m not the only one who is affected by this. She liked you so much! I love the way she would find little videos to warm our hearts, to tell us she was thinking of us. “Lainey, watch this you’ll love it…” “Chismosa, watch this, it’s not bad…it’s really good!” Always making people feel special and like they mattered. What a sharp mind and beautiful soul.

I feel bad I hadn’t watched her latest animal videos. Darn it!

And remember the best Lainey- Nancy responding to a post of yours:

??????????????

Ha! And you “Nancy, again with the question marks?!”
          Oh 😦 lol

Yes Lainey the videos. I’m smiling at that cuz Nancy always had me crying w/the videos. I would tell her I don’t know if I can watch cuz I know I’m going to cry.

• disgrazia4 says:

Oh Lainey, I am so sad about all of this and for your sadness too. I forgot about the music!! She posted such fine pieces. Everyday matters right? The present is really a present, like a gift. I wish I could give you a (((hug)))

• Mookiesmom says:

LaineyLainey,

With each new post I write it hits me harder and harder. I’m typing through tears as well. Nancy and I spoke on the phone almost everyday. She told me the same thing about you. (That she thought that we could be friends.) I just spoke to her yesterday and now that seems so long ago. I was calling her today to tell her something I thought she would find funny. Right now my heart is just broken.

Thank you for telling me that, MookiesMom. I want to stop crying and get off the board, but being here makes me feel closer to her. It’s just that she had such a pure heart and she was good and so positive. I don’t know too many people like her.

• Lady Chatterley says:

Thanks so much for the background, Lainey. I didn’t realize the extent of Nancy’s ailments. She will be missed here – always such a welcoming presence, interesting things to say – and I always loved when she’d share a particularly beautiful piece of music w/us. Prayers for Nancy’s family and hugs to all of you.

Yes the music Lady C. I can’t say anymore. I’m just crying.

We don’t think of her that way (having health issues or any kind of hardship to overcome) because she felt happy and lucky and grateful for the big love in her life (Her sister, her late dad and George) and because her deep understanding, empathy, encouraging spirit, intelligence and kind heart are what defined her. We can all learn from her. I did.

• Lady Chatterley says:

🙂 George – I feel like we know him!

I will miss her caring nature and openness in sharing herself with us.

Lainey I had no idea Nancy was that ill. I’m just sad right now. 😦

7. zoekayla says:

So sorry to hear this. My sympathies to her loved ones.

8. KTinCT says:

I can’t even wrap my head around this – Nancy is a beautiful soul that was taken far too early. Though I never met her “in person” she was an amazing woman. Her love and respect for animals and for peoples’ health , her love for her husband, George and for the beauty of figure skating was admirable. I pray that she left this earth in no pain. Life is fleeting and waking up each day is not a given. I don’t want to sound like a cliche but live each day and moment to the fullest. You Never Know. I truly hope that Nancy’s husband George and all the family and friends who loved her are able to find some peace down the road. RIP Nancy – I hope that you are watching over your loved ones and at some point have a snark feet with Lynn – Heaven just gained another angel today. xoxo

9. Lulu Team T-Rex!!!!!!!!!!!! says:

OMG I’m so sad to hear about our Nancy. She suffered enough may she rest. In peace. Poor George she was his rock. My thoughts and prayers go to her family. I will miss her.

10. plainviewsue says:

OMG, I just saw this. Another beautiful and wonderful woman taken too early. She was always so wonderful and helpful to all of us.

I remember asking her about not only myself, but my son, and not only did she post help on here, but she emailed me personally. She even said she would ask her husband.

Does anyone know why she passed? I am so very very sorry to hear this. My prayers to her family.

11. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

This is just too sad…Nancy was a big part of this blog-she will be missed…Rest in peace Nancy ❤️
    Love and Hugs to all of you!

12. Kansas Girl says:

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Our Nancy. She will be so missed. I’m so, so sorry to hear this news. Condolences to George.

I was thinking about Nancy today while watching the men’s figure skating on television. She is with her Emily now. My sincere condolences to George and the rest of the family. It’s a reminder to all of us to hug the ones dear to us and tell them you how much you love them because you never know what tomorrow may bring. Rest in Peace my friend.

• vilzvet says:

This is so shocking. I was away from this board all day and was coming here now to comment to Nancy about the mens’ skating today and what she thought. This is just so hard to fathom. What a nice lady and a huge part of the Lynn family.

14. plainviewsue says:

Nancy had told me that she had RSD and explained to me what it is and how she suffered from it. I just looked back at the emails that she sent me because I had saved them. Heartbreaking.

15. Stars99 #TeamT-Rex... All Day, Every Day!! says:

I’m so saddened by our loss… and it is OUR loss… Peace be with you, Nancy… You will be so missed… I was looking forward to talking with you about the outcome of today’s Olympic figure skating – men’s freestyle… My heart, thoughts and prayers go to George and all of your loved ones.

16. Mookiesmom says:

I just spoke to George. It still hasn’t fully hit him yet. He is exhausted though. He has said that he will keep in touch. I don’t think he has had time for everything to fully sink in. There will be a memorial in California but no date has been set. Her wishes were to be cremated and have her ashes placed in the family vault in Canada. Her sister will take them there once the snow melts.

George wanted me to thank everyone for their prayers. I think I will print out the comments that are posted in the coming days and send them to George at some point. I think that he would appreciate that.

17. disgrazia4 says:

I just heard the sad news! I am so sorry and offer my heartfelt condolences. She always read kind and thoughtful to me. Nancy wrote well about the topics that interested her; animals, skating and, of course, the HW’s. I imagined her a beautiful and graceful ice skater enjoying the freedom of cutting swiftly around the rink, an original twirler! Nancy was a long standing member of this blog and her voice will be missed. ♡

Dear Nancy, RIP and may the force for Good wrap itself around your family as they grieve. May they find strength and and comfort as they gather together in support in this difficult time. May your journey home be safe and free from harm and may your loved ones be there to greet you in a joyful reunion. ♡

I offer my condolences all of you long standing members here and everyone that enjoyed her company. I don’t know what happened surrounding her passing. But I do know the shock and the pain of loss. We all know the pain of losing one of our own together when we lost LynnNChicago Hudson. My heart and loving thoughts are with you all. We also know the support we receive when we gather together in the midst of such loss is immense and comforting. I wish you all comfort my friends. We are all bound together by this group experience. I am thankful for that. Peace ♡♡♡
    -T

18. mrs peabody says:

RIP Nancy.

19. jeang says:

Just floored right now. May Nancys family find some comfort in the knowledge of how loved she was by all of us as well. I didn’t know she was sick, but she is now at peace with no suffering. Emily is now in her arms again and with Lynn also. I am praying for her family to get through this horrific shock.

20. lillybee says:

Nancy, you will be missed, a lot.

21. New England Girl says:

This is just so terribly sad. RIP, Nancy. My tears flow…

Rest in Peace Nancy ♡

It’s hard to imagine Nancy not being here this evening or any evening. She had such a strong presence here, with our blog family. There will not be any replacement for her kindness and knowledge. I miss her already. Hugs to everyone here.

Mookiesmom, I appreciate you being able to share what has happened to our beloved Nurse Nancy and condolences to you, her friends and family. My deepest sympathy to George.

23. disgrazia4 says:

Dear Nancy, RIP and may the force for Good wrap itself around your family as they grieve. May they find strength and and comfort as they gather together in support in this difficult time. May your journey be safe and free from harm and may your loved ones be there to greet you in a joyful reunion. ♡

Lovely, disGrazia.

• disgrazia4 says:

Hey Lainey, I wrote you something up there but I don’t know if it stuck. I wish I could give you a (((hug))). I saw how close you two had become. Geez, I can’t watch the skaters without thinking of Nancy. She was smart and nice. She wrote well too.

A hard hug right back to you,DisGrazia

Yes, she was so smart. Her life experience was so rich and not all of it perfect, but she never felt sorry for herself for any of it…even with her health concerns, she just radiated care, concern and sincere encouragement for her fellow human beings and of course for the innocent critters of the world that she loved so much. She seemed to always find a way to focus on the good in people and every situation. She always talked about George in every email, somehow George’s name popped in to the conversation. Lots of love there!

I think Her favorite thing was laughing and we all shared a lot of good laughs with Nancy, didn’t we? ..and she was a funny broad…that makes me feel better. Thinking of laughing with her. MTH said that when you lose someone remember their laughter….I never heard hers, but there were many times when she emailed me after a particularly hilarious night on the blog to tell me how hard she laughed at the comments. Which made me laugh and made me feel like I was sitting across from her at Starbucks annoying people with our raucous laughter. She loved the wit here and added quite a few gems of her own. She had a great sense of humor.

Goodnight and hugs to you all.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Hugs to you BB.

Goodnight BB. I was just thinking a out how much it tickled me when you called her Nancypants. I never knew the background behind the ‘pants’ and would be interested to know.

25. Mookiesmom says:

Well everyone I think I’m going to sign off for the evening. I need to allow myself to grieve what a huge loss this is for me and everyone here. I will keep you all in my thoughts, especially George and Nancy’s family.

26. LaineyLainey says:

Goodnight Friends😥💔. Goodnight MookiesMom, hugs, hugs, hugs and prayers to you and Nancy’s family.

27. Last night Nancy wanted me to see the costumes for the skaters. She said my name… I feel so special when my name is called out on this blog and she took the time to post a link cuz it was something she knew I was interested in…. I always laughed when she would post something and I would correct her and she would humbly acknowledge her mistake…….and when she would try and post something and it wouldn’t work, it was so funny and cute and some times it drove me up the wall, lol. Lots of ups and downs through the years with her and she kept trying. I am so sad. My cold, dark, heart is broken. I think some of her ashes need to be spread on the outfield in Dodger Stadium…….it just seems right.

28. Noelle says:

I am in shock! Feel ill.
    I love you Nance, my beautiful boo.
    I so want this NOT to be true…
    I just can’t.

29. lillybee says:

I am still in shock, I find it is as painful to lose an online friend as it is to lose one in real life. I feel badly that she didn’t get to meet her half-brother.

30. NJBev says:

I, like the rest of you, my friends, whom I’ve gotten to know and care about
    over several years now–am in complete shock and denial.
    I cried when she lost her Emily- but I cried for Nancy, for Nancys grief- because we all
    knew how much she treasured her “child”. Like it or not, we have become attached
    to one another, and when becoming friends we developed feelings, attachments,
    and losing Nancy is losing a friend. A good friend, who always had a kind
    word, asked about your life and I believe, genuinely cared about all of us-
    This is a true loss.
    My heart breaks for her George, who was her best friend and soul mate-
    her family, both the 2 legged ones as well as her 4 legged children.
    Losing Nancy is a loss for all of us. I will miss her so much- I can’t believe this.
    I don’t want to believe this. I hate this…………

31. Orson says:

Um, imagine a group of people standing in a circle holding hands. Someone leaves the circle and there’s a gap and the circle is broken. The people on both sides of the gap then reach out and clasp each other’s hand. Some shuffling around takes place and the circle is repaired, yet the circle is smaller. And that brings everyone left in the circle closer together.

It’s not much but it’s all I have.

Nancy, you made your mark in our circle and you’ll be missed. Peace to you and to your loved ones.

32. California35 says:

Oh no :-(. So sorry to read this, we just never know what others are going through 😦 or when will be the last time we talk to someone 😦 may she rest in peace.

33. Cityside says:

Oh my.
    Nancy, Nancy, Nancy….how will I watch another World Series without thinking of you.

Cityside

34. djprincessc says:

I am soooooooo incredibly sad, can’t even type anything else. I love you Nancy.

35. kit9 says:

Nooo. This can’t be. I’m in shock and so very very sad to hear this awful news. She was the sweetest lady. The nicest woman.

36. MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

RIP Nancy

It is no secret you and I had our go arounds here. I wish I could say that I was proud of my part in all of them but I cannot. I was not proud then, I am not now. You were certainly a worthy opponent, never backing down on your convictions. Agree or not, I respect that. I will say that I am happy I was able to make some sort of peace with you. As illustrated by your departure, there may not be a second chance to do so.

I will always remember most, your love of animals and music. Thinking back to the time when we would discuss different contestants on singing comps that I no longer watch, I miss those days. Those were the most fun. I wish I could remember your laughter but all I have is the one in my mind that I’ve imagined since the day I met you here at the blog. It will have to do. I know you had close personal friends here at the blog, it is for them and their loss, my heart hurts most for right now.

While we haven’t always been great friends, you had a definite impact on me. I hope you are at peace as you are reunited with your furry kids, your family, are enjoying a good long skate on a big frozen lake somewhere, and are playing pitch perfect music in the local symphony. What I know about you, those are the things I know you love the most.

Farewell, my friend.

MTH

37. MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

……….

38. Rest in the Peace of God Nancy… Speechless… Condolences for George and Nancy’s family… We just Emailed last time Sunday… We had a misunderstanding… my poor English or semantics, but I profoundly love her. God… Life is so fragile…

39. trudie says:

Prayers being said for George. Virtual hugs being sent to all on the blog.

40. R to the E to the B to the E to the C to the C to the A says:

I’m just waking up to this. I’m shocked and so incredibly sad. I don’t want to speak about her in the past tense just yet. I hope there’s a special place for her in heaven right now.

Godspeed Nancy. Prayers for her family, friends, and fellow Lynnfammers.

41. R to the E to the B to the E to the C to the C to the A says:

God our Father,
    Your power brings us to birth,
    Your providence guides our lives,
    and by Your command we return to dust.

Lord, those who die still live in Your presence,
    their lives change but do not end.
    I pray in hope for my family,
    relatives and friends,
    and for all the dead known to You alone.

In company with Christ,
    Who died and now lives,
    may they rejoice in Your kingdom,
    where all our tears are wiped away.
    Unite us together again in one family,
    to sing Your praise forever and ever.

Amen

42. Belle says:

So sorry to hear this sad news. I will miss reading Nancy’s comments about skating, music, etc. Her voice will be missed. Condolences to her family and friends…and especially George. xoxoxo to you all.

I woke up with tears in my eyes.

Nancy and I first connected over our love of skating and gymnastics. My whale avatar also helped. We were in the same time zone, and often on the board together after work chatting, back in days of Lynn’s blog.

When Lynnfam got started, I always appreciated her stepping in and cracking a joke during the endless housewives arguments. I looked back through the comments, and she made 13,330 comments on this blog alone since it started in August 2012. There is probably not one person on the board she didn’t interact with, and her posts were eclectic and interesting. This was her final one:

“Anyone looking for a puppy from Sochi? This skier has already won a Gold medal in my eyes.

Over the last six month I had gotten to know Nancy very well. Like with many of you, we exchanged emails. She was so bright and thoughtful, and was always letting me know about things she thought I would find interesting (mainly about whales 🙂 ) She dealt with a lot of things off-blog, but never let it get her down.

I am truly hearbroken. She was such a good friend, and someone I had growth to truly adore. Rest in Peace Nancy.

Veena

Prayers for George ♡

I am just so sad. Heartbroken really. My sympathies to Nancy’s George and her family. I will be thinking of Nancypants when team USA takes the ice today! RIP my friend.

OMG. This is just so sad. I will miss Nancy. She had such a great, sensitive heart. I want George to know just how much she loved him. She is with Emily now. She is skating in heaven. Prayers to George, her sister and half-brother.

I’m looking through old emails and Nancy sent me this one back in November –

“Did you see Patrick skate? He skated a perfect program but…lots of time that doesn’t end well. Michelle Kwan skated a perfect long program at Nationals but skated a clean long at the Olympics but it didn’t have the magic it had at Nationals and that is why she lost the Gold at the Olympics. I hope this doesn’t happen to Patrick Chan.”

That is exactly what happened to Patrick Chan – he skated a clean program without magic, and ended up in second. I wonder if she got to see it. She was so hoping for a Canadian man to take the gold.

• Stars99 #TeamT-Rex... All Day, Every Day!! says:

Yes… And isn’t it ironic that Brian Orser is Yuzuru Hanyu’s coach? So a Canadian was coaching what turned out to be the gold medalist against his own countryman…

• vilzvet says:

I wonder too if she was stricken yesterday morning while watching her beloved skating. I see no posts from her at all yesterday morning, last one was Thursday night. She must have been quite young, too. Such a loss. I am going to go back and read her comments again, to know how much she will be missed.

48. mariareads says:

I am so shocked I can barely think of the right words at this moment. I keep thinking, as I read, was it last week she said she woke up with what she thought was the flu? I had asked her if she was ill. I have not really been posting the last week but reading here and there. Condolences to her husband and her family as well as all of you who were very close to her here. I need to stop because I am truly, truly shocked and shaken. Eternal be her memory. May she soar on the wings of love and mercy into the open arms of God.

49. Sus says:

Nancy is a huge part of why I enjoy this place so much. I’m so sad. RIP.

Nancy would be enjoying this hockey game.

• Veena (NMD) says:

Well, maybe not. When the Canadians play, I’ll be thinking of both Lynn and Nancy. Lynn’s cousin Patrick is on the Canadian team.

I miss you ladies!

51. auroracooper says:

So very sad to read about Nancy. My hope is that our dear friend Lynn was there to meet her on the other side of the rainbow of life. May The Lord help her family through this incredibly difficult time. Sending love and prayers to to her and her family and all of you my friends.

52. Shiny says:

Such sad news. My sympathy and prayers to George and to Nancy’s family and friends.

Each person here is such a unique presence in this community. It is hard to lose another.

53. T-Rex says:

THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!!!!!!! I cannot believe I am even reading this. My heart is just breaking for George and her family. Nancy was always so sweet to me, and then with all my medical issues she was always here for a great word and some help. I know that everyone here has the same feelings of LOVE for our dear Nancy and her Skating talk, her talk of all the animals, all her music, her absolute LOVE of her dear husband George, she is going to be MISSED by all, here on the boards and in her real life. MookiesMom, please let George know of my dearest sympathies. I just can’t even process this right now. Sorry if I sound a bit selfish, but going to be away from the boards for a couple of days guys, I really need to process all of this, maybe with everything in my life I am a bit too emotional. I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY and am so BLESSED to have found this place of wonderful FAMILY that has really helped me venture through my illness. It’s too hard to process a perfectly healthy person being struck down in the prime of their life. I am doing well physically so far, so don’t worry about me, I am in good hands.

54. Cartwheels says:

Nancy, my faith allows me to believe that you are reading this, now that your physical body is no longer in pain and your soul is in heaven close to God and Emily and that you are feeling the love that is surrounding you. Your words have had an impact on so many people and that is your legacy. I was watching the Olympics last night with my husband and we couldn’t made heads and tails of the scoring and I said to my husband, “I have a friend on the board who knows everything about skating so I wil ask her tomorrow”. To come to the boards and find out about you was shocking for many reasons, now when I watch skating, a concert or animals I will think of you.

May your souls rest in peace and my sincere condolences to your loved ones.

I love the thought of her being pain free and happy with her Emily and those whom she loved and who preceded her to heaven.

55. jezzibel says:

Nancy
    I’ll mourn your passing, but celebrate your life. I take comfort in the knowledge that you and Lynn are there catching up on all the HW craziness. Rest in Peace great lady.

To everything there is a season,
    a time for every purpose under the sun.
    A time to be born and a time to die;
    a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    a time to kill and a time to heal …
    a time to weep and a time to laugh;
    a time to mourn and a time to dance …
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
    a time to lose and a time to seek;
    a time to rend and a time to sew;
    a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
    a time to love and a time to hate;
    a time for war and a time for peace.

ecclesiastes 3:1-8

• I Need A Life! says:

Very kind, jezz. This board consists of such loving and brilliant women. I’m so very sorry for everyone. I read about Nancy’s passing last night just after the news. It seems so wrong that her angels came for her before she could finish these winter Olympics. My thoughts are with Nancy’s family at home and on this board. Take care of yourselves.

Thanks for posting that jezzibel. I love it.

56. Butters'Mom says:

I’m so sorry for everyone’s loss. I loved reading Nancy’s comments and following her links but I never told her. Tear…

• I Need A Life! says:

Butters’…just the other day someone sent in that crazy sheep screaming. Nancy wrote that her cats jumped in the air when they heard it. She made me laugh. My own 16 year old son jumped in the air when HE heard it. He imitated that scream Thursday night when I was losing my mind over something. I wanted to tell her…but I never did.

57. Just Wondering In Jersey says:

So sad. May she rest in peace in the company of her beloved Emily. My condolences to George and her family.

58. mazelnindy says:

I cannot believe this…..I “retired” from the blog not long after Lyn’s death which Nancy phoned me personally to tell me about. I glance at the Facebook page on occasion and this week I decided to pop over here and scan the names. I was especially looking for Nancy……and she was posting about the Olympics and all was well with my old (but not forgotten) friends. I just cannot believe this…..I hold you all in my hearts as we share this tremendous loss.

59. I feel an emptiness in my heart… So sorry for OUR loss. Can’t stop crying… Everyone here is so important to me and you all have a place in my heart!

60. klmh says:

RIP Nancy. Very sad to lose such a positive supporter of human friends and wildlife. Her kindness will be sorely missed.

61. nohausfrau says:

Coming out of lurking to send white fur hugs to all of you. I’m shocked. I remember Nancy well going back to the days when Lynn was still here. Godspeed Nancy and condolences to her family and friends.

62. Pghemtchick says:

I went searching for some C.S. Lewis to express how this feels. Instead, I found Pooh. Nancy, you will forever be in our hearts.

• looneylucy says:

This is perfect Jayme. Nancy was a caring, gentle soul. I’m with you all in that she will be greatly missed here. My thoughts are with George and her fur babies left without her. But I know Emily was waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge. May she rest in peace. Hugs to you all.

And we were JUST talking about CSL

😦

This is beautiful – thanks for posting 💚

That’s so sweet.

63. California35 says:

Even if we don’t speak directly at someone, we get to read each other. We learn to like and respect each other, as we learn about our lives and our opinions. I don’t comment much for different reasons, but never because I dislike the blog and posters. I have grown to like the people here and appreciate the words of support to one another, the jokes and the opinions.

When Lynn passed i was so so sad and i was going through some sad things myself. Many of you reached out and it meant the world to me. Nancy was one of them. I am in a better place now, and those sad days are gone. But i will always remember how much support i found here, there were no questions, there were no judgements, there was only support. On a situation like now, we are here for one another. Thinking of our Nancy. May she be with Emily having some fun, watching down on us, watching skating, hockey, the 49ers, the whales, sending us medical advice and happy thoughts. May she visit Lynn and have long talks about us and the crazy housewives. We will miss you Nancy.

64. stellastars21 says:

Very sad news. My thoughts are with her family and friends here. I know she was close to boston too. Wasn’t yesterday her wedding day or am I remembering that wrong?
    I hope everyone finds comfort in their fond memories or Nancy.

• California35 says:

I have thought of Boston. They had a special bond.
      As i remember, she has a long engagement. Not getting married yet.

• Veena (NMD) says:

Stella – I remember Boston saying she was getting married on Valentine’s day as well. But she’s still in school and I remember her saying they were waiting until school was finished.

I’m just seeing this from your post of this page NMD. Nancy was just talking Olympics w/us Thursday night. This is just so sad. ;(

65. Orson says:

Maybe Lynn and Nancy are up there watching the skating, snarking on the commentating, and playing a drinking game?

66. Mene Seela says:

I hope Nancy is twirling on the ice again. No pain. Skate Free.

67. mm in oc says:

So sad. This doesn’t make any sense. Condolences to the family (including her Lynnfamily). Nancy and I shared a love of ice skating and I almost posted a note to her yesterday about Plushenko and how crappy his countrymen were treating him. Which is odd since I don’t normally think about posting notes to specific people on blogs.

I didn’t realize that this blog yielded so many real friendships. It’s truly a special place.

Hugs to everyone

68. rabblerouser2010R says:

I keep reading this, thinking if I rub my eyes…it will disappear and I would realize that I dreamt this. The same feelings of shock, grief and disbelief. I felt when Lynn passed have come back.

It’s very hard for me to find the words. Nancy, was very important to me.
    Of course, we have the Canadian ex-pat thing in common, but in my heart it was so much more than that. I sure many of you remember my state of worry when the we thought Reese swallowed a toy car..(and when Ryanne really did swallow a penny). Nancy was so kind offer her sisters phone number who was a GI surgery nurse to try and help me, Or when I was worried about the daughter of a ‘friend’ of mine, how much she cared and tried to help. In some ways, she was like an internet mom to me, who was always willing to give guidance and lend her experience without judgment or disapproval.

My thoughts are with George, my heart is broken for him as well as the rest of Nancy’s family.

• Noelle says:

I adore you RR.
      xxxxxOOOO

Hi RR. I like how you say Nancy was like an “internet mom”. You are so right. That fits her. Nancy cared about everyone.

Yes , she cared so much for everyone. I remember about your daughter — and I thiiiiiiink I remember anout your friend’s daughter—

Internet mom is perfect.

All of you are important to me, I think that most of us do have a genuine affection for each other. I met my husband on line, so my heart and my experience shows me how our interactions are part of a bona fide relationship/friendship.

This is just so difficult, we are all filled with grief over the loss of our dear Nancy. Then to see and feel each others sadness breaks my heart some more, because I wish I knew how to comfort us all.

I can’t stop thinking about George. 😦

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

We are all comforting each other by being here RR-together as we have been and remembering our friend-for me that’s comforting and I hope it feels like that to all of you too..hugs!

• Noelle says:

HI Jill,
          RR has been here for a very long time.
          No one gives a Cyber (}}}HUG{{{) like Rabble!
          mwah…

It does make me smile when I read people sharing there fondest memories of Nancy. 😀

But it’s so hard knowing that so many of us are also in pain. I think it’s because it kind of reminds me of when my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer, I was the first one (other than my mom) to find out. then it was my dad ..a few moments later…and I saw him cry. It was the first time I saw him cry in my life. Then my sister found out and I saw her fall apart…then my brother. Seeing so many people I care about hurting compounds my sadness.

I hope DJ is doing okay…and of course Boston. I don’t know if she knows yet.

I love you all.

69. Noelle says:

Veena,
    Just spoke to George.
    what is your email addy?

70. Just opened my e mail to find such sad, sad, news. Nancy loved this blog and had special friendships with so many people here. Nancy was so passionate and inquisitive about a variety of topics. She got some of us interested in things we never thought we would give two cents about. She was always here gladly to help anyone who needed it. Her caring nature and good heart made her a good friend and her posts will be missed.
    We were e mail buddies and I will miss her so much. From a detailed and patiently crafted explanation of something like how scoring in figure skating is done to who picks the color of skates that skaters wear during their performances – she never failed to answer a question or crack me up with a one line sentence while we were watching an NHL game at the same time.
    My thoughts and prayers are with George. They made a wonderful little world they lived in together happily. I hope that Mona and Roxy are at George’s side now the way they were when Nancy lost her beloved Emily. I know she is surrounded by many beloved people and furry children with Emily leading the parade.
    So I am going to imagine that she has the best seat in the house in Sochi for the figure skating events and they Nancy and Lynn will be sitting together cheering on Team Canada in Men’s Hockey.
    RIP Nancypants! I miss you.

DJP are you ok?

72. Katie (aka kats2) says:

I’m so so sorry to hear about our Nancy. You didn’t have to meet her in person to know what a sweet lady she was, her kindness and caring for others was so obvious with the contributions and information she shared with everyone here. Just no words, this is so very sad.

73. Boobah says:

Thoughts and prayers are with everyone. ((((all of you))))

This blog really is an amazing place. Despite the anonymity of handles, we truly act like family. Sometimes people are annoyed, sometimes people vent. Sometimes people take breaks. But mostly I’ve seen helpful suggestions, hugs sent, kind words when needed, support without being asked, encouragement, camaraderie, and friendship. I don’t know for sure, but most blogs aren’t like that as far as I’ve seen. Today, we lost another family member. Together, we will mourn. RIP Nancy.

Thank you Powell. I would not have known otherwise.

(((hugs to everyone)))

74. cathy connor says:

My deepest sympathy goes out to George and his family. Nancy was a dear friend, may she rest in eternal peace. I know Lynn was there to greet her with open arms and a big smile.They can talk housewives together. God surely takes the good ones. Lynnfam we now have another angel. Sincerely. Cathy
    I miss and love you all

75. Amber...Real Wife says:

RIP Nancy. You are such a beautiful lady. so gentle and kind to all of us. May God have you in his Glory. Prayers for her loving husband George and their family.

May Nancy skate in heaven while listening to the most beautiful music played by angels.

AmberRose

Hi everyone. I know you’re all sad, I certainly am as I type this. I’m kinda stuck sitting in one place. All I’ve been able to do is tell my mom that Nancy died and what a caring person she was to all of us. I have no idea how we got onto the subject of anemia as I rarely remember how we get onto so many topics. But when I told of me being anemic and my twice monthly iron infusions Nancy gave me lots of advice. When I told her how easy I bruise and my doc couldn’t find out why Nancy said the bruising had nothing to do w/being anemic. Finally after a few months my hematologist diagnosed me w/a bleeding disorder I told Nancy what it was and being Nancy she posted information and links for me to read, also telling me “don’t take any asprin anymore”. She also shared that she and her siblings shared the same disorder. Gosh Nancy just gave up loads and loads of medical advice often asking George, God bless him. Was the week before last that TexasTart and Mr. TexasTart went to see Recovery Men and Nancy said George would have a great time discussing History w/TexasTart. 🙂 I keep saying it but she was just special. Thanks Lainey for telling us how l Nancy was. I knew she had some difficulties but had no idea of the extent. Nancy was just joyful to us.

Boston and DJP I feel worse for you two because it seemed Nancy had a really special place in her heart for you two. Gosh I’m crying more as I type this to you both. Boston I’m so sorry Nancy won’t be here to celebrate you graduating and your wedding. It seemed she was really looking forward to your wedding. I’m truly sorry she won’t be here for your celebrations. But I think you’ll know she’s with you in a special way. DJP the dating advice. Nancy was always very sweet to you with her words of wisdom. I bet you’ll think of her when you meet someone new.

I don’t know if I’m rambling. I feel like it. Sigh. I was coming here to tell everyone hello and my S N O W woes and I find our family in sadness. Mookiesmom I’m glad you called Nancy and was there for George. I’m sure you’re glad and mad at the same time that you called Nancy with something funny. Again NMD thank you thank you so much for what you do for us every day. And to our bloggers. What can I say. Thank you. All these stupid HWs, crazy Andy Cohen, all the other shows we watch, I thank you so much for blogging for us. The crapfest of shows, I still love that MTH, kind of keeps us together but really it’s each and everyone of you. You all are great people. Our Angel Lynn doesn’t know what she started. Or does she? Hmm. 🙂

T-Rex, Dame, all of our friends that are kickingthecrap out of their illnesses continue to stay strong. RIP our dear Nancy. Bless George and their family

77. Noelle says:

God Bless you George, I am praying for you,
    Praying for her sister, brother, nieces, nephews (entire family) and for everyone one here too!
    Nance was one a kind.
    And kind she is!
    Bless you Love. xoxoxo

78. So very sorry to hear this news! Nancy was always made everyone feel so welcome and she was very generous with her knowledge and kind heart. Prayers and condolences to her family both at home and here on the board.

Nancy introduced me to this glorious wonderful piece of music and I play it often and think of her when I do. Every time I see a Pug I think of her. Every time I see a whale I think of her. This morning at 2 a.m. I was watching an episode of The Incredible Dr. Pol on On Demand and I was thinking of her. We shared other television programs like Doc Martin and Call the Midwife. She enriched my life in many ways and I feel blessed to have known her even if I never met her in person. Whenever I watch the world series, a football game, a hockey game, figure skating or the Olympics I will think of her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkSJzMrbPGU

BB I was thinking a bit ago that I’m going to so miss discussing the programs that she really loved with her. I sure learned an awful lot from Nancy.

80. lillybee says:

For our angel, Nancy.

81. vilzvet says:

I wonder if there is any way we can get a picture of Nancy up here. That would be nice.

82. Oh my…This is terrible news!!
    MTH’s words above were so eloquent – I couldn’t have said it better.
    Nancy was always kind to me and gave me great advice when I got Maggie the Cat. Her first thought was also kindness.

RIP Nancy.

I’m going to post a smile 🙂 for memories of Nancy.

Through the sadness I feel the love and respect for her runs deep from so many people. I don’t think Nancy and I would have physically connected in life, but I tell you after coming here daily and interacting with her a year and a half, you really can get to know a person!!! I very much enjoyed our exchanges, I think Nancy was at every Let’s Chat I was, except for the times she suffered personal losses last year…her best friend and her best 4 legged companion.

I would’ve had to talk to myself had Nancy not been brave enough to finish out RHOM chats…we were the last standing towards the end of the season! I’ll forever think of Nancy when certain events come around…I could echo the list BB mentioned above. I remember her telling me she had RSD and I went to read online and then realized she probably had serious problems but kept her chin up. I’m just blown away knowing what a great soul she was to others – when she was probably in a time of need herself. She was not one to complain, but she sure was going to find out if you have anything she could help you with. Nancy was indeed a giving person and I will miss her smile.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

How funny was Nancy after I went to see Bethenny and she was trying to figure out where I was sitting so she could see me on TV…that thread went around and around and made me laugh so much! MelTH went so far as to circle me in a video clip and Nancy was still asking what I was wearing! I knew she was mostly busting chops but I got a kick out of the whole thing…she did too!!

Yeah, that was hilarious. She was a good sport and laughed as much as everyone else. She actually really couldn’t find you for awhile there. 📺

Hi Jill. Who could forget that. She was actually making me a bit crazy, truth be told and I made a screen shot and was going to do a circle …oh my gosh this is funny that MTH was doing this… and then I thought, now how am I going to post this… at this point she finally admitted she knew!

JNNTJ 🙂

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I actually posted a picture of myself on twitter and then copied the tweet to bring it here so Nancy could see what I looked like-the picture was of me and my sister which just added to the confusion b/c we were both wearing denim jackets and Nancy didn’t know which one was me…round and round we went again…it made me laugh so much and I loved how she kept it going-she had a good sense of humor and made some pretty funny jokes-I will miss that.

84. ramonacoaster says:

I am so sorry to read about Nancy. She was such a big presence on the blog and her kindness will be dearly missed by many. My prayers go out to George and the rest of her family.

When I posted on the blog that I was rooting for the Canadian Ice Dancers, I got an email from Nancy within a minute of posting asking me WHY? with a long explanation of why I shouldn’t. I did it to pull her leg. I won’t be able to watch them without thinking about her and that email. She just always made me smile.

I saw that, but I didn’t realize you were fooling with her, well that is funny to know!

• vilzvet says:

And I was going to ask her what she thought of the ridiculous blouse that one of the male Japanese skaters was wearing yesterday, it was so over the top, jeweled and sequins galore. It was SO girly I just had to know what she thought of it.

• LavaLady says:

It is a sad day, isn’t it v. I just wanted to say I heard during the commentary, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I heard Johnny Weir say he designed that blouse. I am assuming you mean the one shouldered ruffled one.

• vilzvet says:

Are you kidding me! Well no surprise there then. Silliest looking outfit. I like when the men wear simple stuff, one guy had a really nice grey shirt with black pants.

86. I’ve just sent to MTH a photo from Nancy’s wedding she shared with me last year… I ignore the date. I think he will post it. I talked to George, he is very thankful for all the love from this LynnFam. Nancy will be so missed! One Angel more in Heaven watching over us…

I was just out with the dogs and there is a beautiful full moon rising. It’s amber colored at this stage…hope you can see it where you are.

88. Katie (aka kats2) says:

Thanks for posting that picture of Nancy, she’s beautiful! RIP

89. mariareads says:

What a beautiful wedding photo and what a nice way for those of us who had never seen a picture of Nancy to be able to remember her in this way. A lovely and happy bride on her wedding day. I was around from the old, old blog and Lynn’s beginnings and it seems so long ago now. Even though I took about 2 or 3 years off from posting I would still read the blog most days. So much has happened to so many in our own lives over all those years. I went back and looked through some of those old blogs today. Just for a little bit. A reminder of many people who have been around through those years. And Nancy was there for all of it, I guess. As long as I can remember.
    Such an incredibly sad day.

90. nyc mama says:

I am only on here randomly but read often and Nancy’s kindess and goodness stood out. Funny how someone you don’t know can still show how good they are through their blog posts and Nancy’s did that. I am a self described animal crazy and clearly Nancy was too so today I gave a small donation to both a local rescue here where I got my fur babies and to an organization that was working to save the dogs of Sochi which Nancy posted about, both in her honor.
    It is a testament to her character and spirit how she touched so many.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

What a nice heartfelt thing to do nyc xoxo

• Mookiesmom says:

nyc mama I think Nancy would love that you did that in her memory.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Good to see you here again, nycmama. What a wonderful way to honor Nancy!

• nyc mama says:

Thanks Jan!
        Funny but it was just something I felt compelled to do.
        She looks so lovely in her wedding picture.

Hi Tex (Jan)! I agree, that is an awesome way to honor Nancy. Did you see the moon last night? Wasn’t it beautiful? It was so BRIGHT and glowing. It’s pretty tonight too, but it’s starting to wane, so it’s not quite as bright as last night’s Nancy Moon.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Yes, Jan here…the cabs are…. 😉 It was gorgeous! And we’re seeing getting the same view of the moon since we’re maybe 40 mile from one another. The amber glow tonight, I posted about that before you came back!

NYC that is really really sweet. I can see Nancy smiling at you for this. I’m an animal-eeee as well. I don’t want to talk or think of whales because it makes me think of Nancy 😦

Hope you’re holding up in the snow. My father just got stuck on the highway from the FDR and had to pay 120$ just for a push by the truck.
      Stay safe.

• nyc mama says:

Hi Chismosa, I am holding up like the rest of us…barely and like everyone else I am so tired of it but we all peservere. 🙂 Looking forward to the 50F they are forecasting but not the slushy puddles that will come with it…the good with the bad.
        Can’t wait until spring.
        Stay warm and safe as well.

91. Cristina (djprincessc) says:

Powell, Chismosa, Jill. Thank you both from the bottom of my heart for thinking about me. I really don’t want to make it about me. Nancy was one of the most genuine women I had grown to know and close too. We did email at times. She was one of those people who would always put OTHERS first, and she genuinely cared for people. And omg her dear animals. I knew that she had health issues like her heart and I knew she had a uncommon disease but I didn’t know she was suffering. I wish I knew. She never complained, she was too busy trying to take care of everyone else. She was always giving me dating advice which I loved. And its weird bc I’m pretty sure it was yesterday that I was thinking about how she told me to never date a doctor and when I asked her why she said they are married to their profession and you will always be first. I could go on and on about Nancy, who am I gonna talk to about American Idol now?? I don’t mean that in a bad way, I love you all! You all are here to talk too and I love talking to you all but I saying I am going to miss her is an understatement. I know we all are. I have been reading this blog since Jill Zarin became the villain second second or third season of the housewives, but didn’t start commenting until about 2 years ago I think. I can only imagine what George is going through, I think he is an only child like I am which is another thing Nancy and I bonded over. I am heartbroken.

I decided to change my name, I don’t know if Nancy remembered my real first name but I hope she did, and I feel like I know you all enough for you guys to see me as Cristina and want you all to know me that way. I don’t believe that when we pass away we go to heaven or hell. I believe in the resurrection, and in my heart I know one day I will see Nancy in person. Until then I will truly miss her. 😦 😦 😦

• Cristina (djprincessc) says:

never be first***

• Cristina (djprincessc) says:

Sorry for all the mistakes, i’m just so sad. And I’m sorry it took me this long to really comment. I had to go to work, then I came home walked into my room saw my laptop and remembered what happened. 😦

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Hugs to you Cristina…what a beautiful name. XOXO

DJ! — Cristina (that’s how my mom spells her name too)

– I was JUST about to leave you my email
      I’m just putting it here: chismosa2429@gmail.com

I hope you’re holding up. I know you had a special bond with out dear Nancy

Sending you big hugs Cris- and email me WHENEVER ….

(I know I owe you some stuff – …..)

A big big hug

With ‘out’==(obviously) == our

• Cristina (djprincessc) says:

Chismosa she does!! Omg thats so cool! I only know one other Cristina who spells it our way and she’s italian!! And omg yes! All my close friends call me Cris! I’ll email you soon. Thank you! I am doing ok right now, its just gonna take some time for me to really realize she’s no longer gonna be here. Thanks Chismosa! Kisses to you!! ❤

Hi darling girl. What a sweet way to end your message..that is my hope, too; to be reunited one day with those we’ve loved and lost. I hope you’re holding up ok, she did have a soft spot for you. I have a soft spot for you, too. I guess I have a soft spot for so many of you!!! Before I knew about Nancy’s sudden passing, I had an unusual “mushy” moment where I felt compelled to tell the board how much joy you all give me and how Ive changed for the better…I wonder now, why I felt so compelled to post that? I was just overcome with feelings of gratitude and love at that moment and just HAD to say it.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I saw that, it was Thursday? Very interesting timing, Lainey. It was not a coincidence.

• Cristina (djprincessc) says:

Hi Lainey! I’ve grown close to you as well! And I always think about you and your daughter and how you guys have a amazing relationship and \ its so cool she’s going after her dreams since we’re not that far off in age. I am very thankful for the friends I’ve made here!

The friends I have that are my age watch housewives but are not obsessed with it the way I am, when Jill Zarin became the epic bitch I started reading this blog and was in heaven!

😊Yes, it’s our little heaven. People in my real life wouldn’t get it. They wouldn’t get us..the Lynnfam. I’m thankful, too.

You and Laineygirl need to meet. I’ll be back out there in May. So maybe we can get together!

Wow just reading all this now — spooky. In a good way since you felt love & kinship 👪👭

Cristina, I’m still calling you DJP. 🙂 I knew you were heartbroken and wanted you to know that I and everyone care about you and want to make sure you’re ok. You and Nancy had a special bond. I’m glad you and Nancy would email each other. I believe you will see Nancy one day too. A BIG hug to you.

• Cristina (djprincessc) says:

You can call me whatever you want! Thank you. I am doing a lot better today. Its just gonna take time to get used to her not being here everyday and talking with her.

92. Cristina (djprincessc) says:

I hope my comment is in moderation since I changed my name and nothing else got messed up 😦

93. Cristina (djprincessc) says:

Nancy looks so pretty in her wedding picture…and happy.

94. LavaLady says:

Very sad news. Shocking actually. Nancy was always here; no matter what the blog topic you could always rely on her to be here, commenting on music, animals, sports, etc. I remember she at one time had a computer that wouldn’t post links so she would ask someone who was here to look it up and post it for her. And without fail, someone would. I recently realized she was posting links herself and it made me smile. She learned how; I guess she got a new computer as well.

My last interaction with her was that we both agreed Carlton was a raving lunatic. It made me smile then, and it does now.

You will be missed, rest in peace. My condolences to all who cherished her here.

95. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Glad to hear from you Cristina 🙂 I’ll follow suit with a name upgrade. Take care, girl.

• Cristina (djprincessc) says:

Thanks Jan, I am happy to see your change as well! Xoxo. It was time for me too, and I know you’ve been around for a while so this makes me happy 🙂

96. mrs peabody says:

Wonderful picture

97. SCGirl says:

I will miss Nancy so much here. When I read of Nancy’s passing I got that sick stunned feeling; the kind when your stomach starts burning and your ears get that ringing noise in them. I could not believe what I was reading. How I will dearly miss seeing her name and pink avatar here each day. Nancy and I shared a love for the tv show Nurse Jackie, and just recently we had discussed with some others who shared our love of the show about how someone should blog it. I am a young nurse who always looked up to Nancy because I could tell she knew what she was talking about when she offered her medical advice. Nancy always had something smart to say on here and I often found myself learning something new from her. I will truly miss her there is no doubt. I will think of her often, and i will never watch Nurse Jackie again without thinking of Nancy. May you rest in peace Nancy.

Hi SCG– yes …. I agree – if I ever get into Nurse Jackie all I’ll think of is Nancy!

Ughhhh …..
      That is wonderful work you do. Nurses are always under-appreciated.

• SCGirl says:

Thank you chismosa, I really love being a nurse. It is such a rewarding feeling at the end of the day to know you have helped make a difference in someone’s life. I promise you will love Nurse Jackie just as much if you watch it. I will let you know when the new season starts so that you can give it a try!

SCG- another thing is i heard that Octavia Spencer just signed to a new show as a nurse – it’s based on some very popular show from Spain. Takes place in a hospital ….. Sounds good

Probably not until fall 2014 if even that.

Take care 🙂

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Me too, about Nurse Jackie, I was in on that conversation, but I didn’t realize you’re a nurse. It takes a special person for that profession. Good to hear from you SCGirl.

Jan nice to know your name too !

• Leslie (SCGirl) says:

Hi TexasTart!
        That’s right you were on that conversation. I am so glad you reminded me you were talking about Nurse Jackie that day too. Now I will always think of our conversation with Nancy that day when I watch Nurse Jackie. Nice to know I will have a buddy to talk to about the show when the new season starts! Thank you for your kind words about nurses. It is so nice to hear from you as well.

98. Kansas Girl says:

Nancy has been on my shoulder all day. In my thoughts. I tried to tell friends, but they can’t understand the community we have built here. I keep remembering odd things — odd because they’re not related, not that they’re strange.
    * I remember on the old blog where Nancy was reporting on the whaling issues and said she wanted to give it all up and go live on that ship to help the cause. She said this several times, until finally Lynn said directly to her “Nancy, I hope you will NOT do that. Please tell me you will NOT do that”. I was touched both by Nancy’s devotion to the cause that so concerned her, and Lynn’s concern for Nancy’s well-being.
    * Once when I was going to Costco with a friend, my first trip to Costco, I asked for suggestions of what I should buy. Nancy praised their frozen French Onion soup. Since then I always have some in the freezer. And in fact I have just heated a bowl for a late supper.
    * Remember when Nancy cut her hair? I remember there was some discussion, and for some time after she lamented that she’d cut it. And of course we all took both sides for long and short, adding to the ongoing discussion.
    * Way back when a new friend had invited me to go for a ride on his motorcycle, my first such ride, everyone threw themselves into the discussion. I had asked for advice, thinking I’d get advice on how to be a good and safe passenger. What I got was the gamut of dating advice, but Nancy’s trumped all. Someone said I should not sleep with him, and Nancy told me to not shave my legs — that if my legs were hairy, I would not sleep with him. I roared at this. It was so totally unexpected,
    * I remember that now and then in the midst of conversation, Nancy would offer to trade George for someone we were discussing. Or she’d offer to give him away. It was all in fun, and clear from the way she said it that she would in NO WAY want to give up her George. The love for him was clear. And this made her offers all the more amusing.

As I remember Nancy, I’m sad she’s gone and sad she won’t be part of the discussion here. But I am quite sure she is feeling so much better, is happy, and likely looking down at us with laughter and love. It’s George I am worried about. I hope family and friends have gathered around him and are supporting him right now. I hope he knows we are all mentally supporting him.

Love you all, my blog family.

99. chismosa™ says:

Does anyone communicate with Boston? I’m sad thinking of her finding this out …..

😔

100. Mookiesmom says:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to apologize for not posting sooner and thank you all for the support. It has been a really hard day for me as it has been for so many of us that loved Nancy. I had to step away from the blog earlier because while it is nice to read everyone’s stories and the wonderful memories of Nancy I am still having a very difficult time. Several times today I have thought that I needed to call her about one thing or another and then it hits me all over again. I spoke to George this afternoon. Nancy’s sister and her family were on their way to spend some time with him. George told me that he will let me know when and where the memorial will be held once he and her family have made those decisions. He asked that I let everyone know that he appreciates everyones prayers and support.

Thank you for the update, MookiesMom! Hang in there sweetie! Please post as soon as you know something. Again, THANK YOU for being our connection to George.

• Mookiesmom says:

Thank you LaineyLainey. I’m sorry I’m not thinking/writing very clearly and my post above reflects that. I meant to say that George is going to let me know about the memorial for Nancy and that I would pass that information along to you all in case anyone wanted to send a card. I wish that Nancy was still here and that I didn’t have to be the connection to Nancy’s beloved George. He is a very sweet man.

Please don’t apologize, you are doing great keeping the communication going between the Lynnfam and Nancy’s George. We are so grateful. But try to take it easy on yourself. She had a good friend in you. Thank you for helping us through this, I hope we can be here for you. If you need to email me i am at laineylaineylainey@hotmail.com

If anyone would like to email me,please feel free.

MookiesMom, so sorry for this incredible loss.
      You were really close.

Thank you SO much for the updates and please feel better. Xoxo

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Thank you Mookiesmom. I’m so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

• Mookiesmom says:

Thank you all for your support. I may not comment very often but I still read the blog everyday.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Thank you for keeping us informed-I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m happy to know Nancy had such a wonderful friend like you.

• nyc mama says:

Mookiesmom, I am so sorry for your loss.

• Kansas Girl says:

Mookiesmom, thanks for being our contact with George and all you are doing. Be gentle with yourself. Mourning is hard work.

I’m in such shock. We’ve lost such a nice friend. God Bless Nancy and her family.
    When I opened the blog I burst out crying. I’m at a loss for words. Such a good friend.

• Cristina (djprincessc) says:

Me too Boston. I loved Nancy. I just don’t get it.

So sorry Boston. Like Jnntjill said above, we are here for you.

• Bostoncito I’ve been thinking of you… I thought that maybe you were in your honey moon, we thought you got married Yesterday… I did not want you to be sad in this time… We are going to miss sweet Nancy very much… This has been a very sad day… Look at her photo when she got married and was stunning and happy, because she must be this happy in God’s Presence.

(((boston)))

• looneylucy says:

I saw that Nancy loved you so much, Boston. I know she’ll continue to watch out for you, Hugs of warmth and comfort, little one,

102. Jan (TexasTart) says:

There’s another photo in the blog of Nancy, with Emily.

So sweet!!!!! I picture them like that now. I have some photos too, but I have to use my pc to get them. Maybe tomorrow?

• looneylucy says:

Please do, Lainey. It will help us feel closer to her. All day long I’ve been talking about Nancy to my dh. He knows about the blog but I’ve never talked specifically about any poster. He said a beautiful soul was taken too soon and he was sorry and the good die young. From a crusty old fart, I thought he was spot on.

Ok, I will, Looney! Yes, what a nice sentiment from your crusty old fart. Haha! Thanks for making me laugh. My hubby listens to me and did say, “she was so young” – but he mostly just listens and says nothing.

Our daughter knows better what she meant to me, as she was in on some of our email conversations (via cc) because Nancy was very protective of her when she first moved out there and gave us all of their contact info in case something ever happened and she needed a substitute mommy and daddy. Always looking out for others.

• looneylucy says:

Oh my, what a testament of what a great person she was, and knowing your daughter had a soft spot to land close by, just in case, had to be beyond comforting for you and dad. Thanks for sharing.

Wow Lainey how sweet of Nancy — and not surprising in the least — that she was watching over Lainey girl when she first went to LaLa …
            Awww
            Can’t wait to see more pics. 📷📷

• She looks stunning and happy! Rest in Peace Nancy…

• MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

🙂 Not at all like I pictured her.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

I had such a clear picture of Nancy in my mind…I can now replace it with her actual real self. I like knowing what she looks like..I don’t know why it matters but it does.

• looneylucy says:

co-sign

Totally feel you Ashy. Well said

• MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

I don’t know why it matters but it does.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          I get that… I wish I had known before. That picture has hit me HARD.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

That picture hit me hard too. The freaky thing is she’s not very far removed from what I had imagined.

• Just Wondering In Jersey says:

I agree it’s always nice to be able to put a face with a name. The outpouring of love and support I am reading here has hit me hard. Looks like its going to be another teary day here in NJ sigh.

So pretty ! She looks quite young there – I wonder if that’s before or around the time she got married? I forget when she had Emily. I forget if she was on this site while emily was alive ….

Good night our beautiful Nancy. Rest with the angels.

104. Cristina (djprincessc) says:

I hope Nancy knew how much we all loved her and how much she would be missed. Ok I’m sad again, goodnight everyone.

Thank you MM for keeping us updated. Loving the photos up thread. Funny..when I posted the pictures of my hike in Sedona last October, Nancy commented that she always pictured me as a brunette. I am a blond (with help). Those pictures of Nancy are exactly how I imagined her to look like. Especially the picture of her and Emily.

I woke up this morning and logged onto the blog hoping this was all a bad dream and this posting did not exist. 😦

• shamrockblonde says:

this is the second time that I have come here to learn of a loss – I will keep George, and all of Nancy’s care in my prayers and in my heart – I have no doubt that Lynn was there to welcome her home, holding her beloved Emily –

Nancy may have had some heart problems, but it was a heart filled with love, laughter and quiet grace – to be able to put the worries of others, the fears of others above your own worries fears and longings is a rare gift, and she shared that gift with all of us –

I will remember her each time I think that my burden is too heavy –
      I will remember her each time I start to think that I simply cannot handle something
      any more
      I will remember her when my strength is less, and the tears are close –
      her sweet heart will give me courage
      It will give me laughter
      It will remind me that life is worth the challenge

*hugs George really hard*
      *hugs entire Lynnfam really hard*

I will miss my friend and I will honor her by remembering her example of courage, grace and love of life – she is in heaven, and will never again feel pain, or be afraid – I will carry her in my heart – my friend – our friend –

my love to you all –

Good morning – watching skating and thinking of our Nancy – new blog

108. Orson says:

This auld song strikes me as very appropriate. And I like John McDermott too.