Normally I’d have watched the first look by now and have an idea of what is coming up, but I’ve been watching Olympics instead.  It felt strange to watch skating without our Nancypants, and the Chat Blog will also feel empty, so I’m counting on all of you to fill it with snark, or just conversation.

Let’s see if we can hit a record tonight in honor of the lady who loved our chats.

This is what she wrote to LaineyLainey

“If you show anyone these photos, I will get you! lol  We were in Paris here skating to “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”  I am the taller one.  if your daughter needs a good laugh you can show HER.  lol “

photoofnancy

nancyandgeorgeIt was a Sunday Chat blog (New Jersey I think) that brought us together when LynnFam was set up after Lynn’s passing.  Hopefully this chat will help us process a little, and begin to move forward.  While Nancy was taken from her family and friends far too early, she lived a full life.  Every time someone passes at a young age, or has a major health scare, I am reminded to:

Live Life Loud!

Let’s Chat!

Here’s a video where NeNe’s sister chats about going to an event Marlo is hosting – not sure if it’ll be on camera or not.  She throws A LOT of shade at NeNe.

________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Atlanta, Let's Chat, Real Housewives of Atlanta. Bookmark the permalink.

225 Responses to This chat blog is dedicated to our Nancypants – Snark Away! Real Housewives of Atlanta

I don’t watch RHOA but in honor of Nancypants, I’ll hang around here for awhile. I think I was the first to call Nancy Nancypants here. No reason for it. It just came out of nowhere. She didn’t mind and I believe she said someone else had always called her that. Her dad maybe. I can’t remember.

2. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Good evening! Live life loud! My husband might prefer it’s not too loud on my part, lol.

I’m pretty sure Nancy was present at every chat I’ve participated in, except two times. Like Mookiesmom said, she really did love chat. ♡

Is there going to be a big fight again tonight between Marlo and Nene? Nene sure isn’t doing her careers any favor. The way she called Brandon a queen in that sneering tone came off as homophobic. Not cool.

Didn’t Nene claim it wasn’t derogatory and used the example of Bravo’s show with the word Queens in it as an out?

• Veena (NMD) says:

Yup – apples and oranges to me – it’s all in the context and tone. She was using it in a dismissive way.

Hi ladies, I do not believe her to be homophobic, but the way she snarled it, in anger, it surely didn’t sound like a compliment especially because Brandon is not a cross dresser.

Kate Blanchett is on 60 minutes right now.

My sis and I went to see Monuments Men this morning, and Kate did another great job playing the art historian from Paris.

5. LaineyLainey says:

Any chance of posting Nancy’s pictures? They are adorable, i know you guys will love them! I emailed them to Jeff (MTH) earlier today. Should I email them to you, Veena?

6. ItzAngeeDuh says:

Kenya sees honesty in Marlo? Ain’t that a hoot!

7. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Wow! Lainey had possession of a photo from her skating days! “I’ll get you”

8. lillybee says:

At least Kenya unlike Carlton did not disinvite NeNe to her party after their fight.

9. ItzAngeeDuh says:

Now Kenya’s gonna kill Nene with kindness? Sounds like kissing her ass to me!

Love the skating pic!

11. Katie (aka kats2) says:

Love the blog and pictures! That is cool. What a beautiful lady.

12. mariareads says:

Truly katie, she looks so beautiful! Amazing what she accomplished in life.

13. mariareads says:

Excuse me, is this audition night on RHOA? Oh please.

Is Roller Derby really a good idea? I mean it’s kind of inviting people to be violent. I couldn’t see Nene doing it.

Thank you for sharing the photos Lainey. Live Life Loud is right!

I guess you’re right about that. 🙂

You’re welcome, Ladybra! When I fwd the email to my daughter, to show her the pic, she said to me, “I would never laugh about this. This lady lived her dream! She did what most people only dream of doing! This took a lot of work!!!” We were both in awe of Nancy. We also laughed because my daughters legs look like Nancy’s in that pic. We would joke that Nancy should have been her mom. This is why I called Nancy “legs” sometimes on the board. Good memories. Every memory of her is good. Right?

I like that motto, too. Thanks for posting the pics and for that motto, Veena!

Hey everyone. ATL. :/ I don’t want to here this message.

17. mariareads says:

SHOCK! Kandi’s mother is a gangster!

18. ItzAngeeDuh says:

Mama Joyce is going too far now!!

If this is true Mama Joyce has flipped her wig.There’s a screw lose.

Mama Joyce will claim it’s the editing!

I was watching Atl while my husband took a shower. When he came back, I told him we didn’t have to watch it. He couldn’t get the channel changed fast enough. lol

22. Jan (TexasTart) says:

LOL Keyna – go for it!

23. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Is it just me, or does it seem like 10 minutes of commercials? :-/

It’s not just you, I’ve been noticing it for some time. When I dvr them I watch the minutes when I watch them and they show more commercials than it seems like show esp the first look shows they run, half of it is commercials and I’m getting fed up with it.

24. Cartwheels says:

IMO Kenya is just being messy, if this is a charity for nene she should have contacted nene in person, even go to her house and nene should have been the one helping select the guys and not Marlo.

IMO Kenya is just playing her mind games here, she knows nene has not reply the email, she throws the event anyway and if nene doesn’t show up then it makes nene look like crap.

I am pro kenya, But I agree with you.

• Cartwheels says:

IMO an evite works if you are inviting to the club, if you are inviting me to your birthday at your house, but if you are hosting a ball with the name of my charity on it , then you better 1) make sure I am available 2) make sure that is okay with me and the charity in itself.

Kenya just played her hand by saying that if nene doesn’t show up she will look like a monster, that is exactly the outcome Kenya wants.

• Amber...Real Wife says:

ITA. That was very informal a way to invite the Honoree of an event. She was supposed to have planned the event around NeNe. Not invite her with the masses or as an afterthought. Manipulation 101

Tru dat sista.

Is Kandi for real?

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Team Kandi needs to get her ass in therapy, like they said! Nancy always said Kandi should disown her mama. But I thought Kandi needed to learn how to give her mama boundries, etc.

26. Cartwheels says:

Mama Joyce is going to regret this, whether kandi and Todd last or not , how can kandi’s relationship with her mother ever be the same?
    Kandi has this twisted relationship with her mother and that is why Joyce does what she does.
    I don’t have a good feeling about Todd but this is not about him, it about Joyce and her controlling ways.

• mariareads says:

Yeah! I’m trying to imagine my mother acting like that. The worst thing she does is not be able to keep a secret! This is a twisted relationship.

it’s time for Kandi to cut the apron strings with her mother. She needs to make a choice, her life or her life with mother. Joyce does this because Kandi let’s her. She needs to sh** or get off the pot as far as I’m concerned. This is not a healthy relationship by any means.

I’m trying to decide whether I should watch Downton Abbey and DVR Walking Dead or vice versa. I’m not used to being able to stay up this late on Sunday nights, but I have tomorrow off.

Oh Lordy its about to go down.

29. Hubby has the TV watching Olympic Bobsled…just wanted to chime in and help bring our numbers up for Nancy! Hopefully she is watching (and snarking) from heaven!

30. Cartwheels says:

I cant see what Cynthia sees in Peter, he is so,domineering it gives me the creeps

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Peter was SO drunk at that pajama party – he was a catalyst to all that mess.

• Katie (aka kats2) says:

IKR! It’s crazy I don’t get it and when you have that gorgeous soft spoken unbelievably sexy baby daddy around!!! Why stick with Peter?

Oh Lordy. “None of these bit*he’s in here are at the level I’m at.” Well Damn!! Have any of you seen NeNe win any Academy Awards?

Hey, guys. Don’t forget the Ice Dancing Olympic finals are tomorrow morning at 10 am (I think I’m right). The U.S. pair is in first place after the short program. Canada second and Russia third.

33. Sus says:

The Blood Sweat Tears promo – are they implying that woman looks like a horse with the neighing sound?

I think that’s the way Mica laughs, but I could be wrong! I watched a marathon last Saturday and caught up.

34. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Peter likes getting confrontational with women. Bad Peter, bad dog.

• Cartwheels says:

Peter need to mind his own business, I really don’t know why Cinthya puts up with him. He throws a fit and wants to leave then just leave quietly. Nene read Peter completely wrong there and thought he was on her side.

I’m sorry but Peter was right about NeNe and her attitude. Maybe it should have been addressed another time but he was right. NeNe should have just gone w/her 1st instinct like she said and.stayed her ass at.home. Kenya was wrong for not calling NeNe yo give her specifics about the benefit for a charity NeNe supports. Kenya likes to talk about manners and etiquette but doesn’t speak w/NeNe and just sends her an E-vite.

The Walking Dead it is. I may be back later.

36. mariareads says:

oK..off to watch Downton Abbey with my Mom. We have a date down the hall! Stay well everyone!

• Mariareads_ I read your post in the last page and I believe that something happened there with you….

I went to sleep early the 14Th and I woke up at 5 AM the 15th. I went to FB and one of our friends of here posted that someone who was very loved in this Blog had passed the 14Th… Then I learnt that our dearest Nancy had passed… I went today to Church… after being crying since I got the news, today I could feel some kind of peace…

Thank you Lainey for posting the Pictures, Thank you Veena and Starsy99 for such a beautiful tribute to Nancy’s life.

I’m sorry. Peter was on point and totally right. NeNe came in w/a stank attitude and shoes it to the guests. Peter was right again when he said he could feel the tension. I could feel it thru the tv.

38. Lynn started her IHJZ Blog mid April (Not sure but think it was 18 April) 2010. Right before Bethenny having Bryn on May 8 , 2010. Before airing Scary Island RHONY S3.

Were you already posting Veena when we spent the night of the 7 to 8 of May knowing that Bethenny was in labor? When JZ announced that B had a Boy and then she said it wasn’t her but Ally who gave the news Hahah! BabyGate! I remember Error was with us and DesertGal (Kukulet)

39. deehub says:

When i checked the blog and saw that Nancy had died, I cried. Nancy shared her love of animals (including caring for the lizards that her cat brought into the house), her knowledge of ice skating and medicine, her experiences and her love for others. I looked forward to reading what she thought and will miss her. She touched more people than she knew.

BSH. Alliance like they’re on Survivor. 😛

I am happy (Walking Dead)

42. mrs peabody says:

I’m sorry but for me Nene is the worst housewife ever. How RUDE! Who acts like that?

• lillybee says:

I think that she has gotten worse with The New Normal was cancelled. She is not doing much on Glee either.

LB, I agree. I don’t think she realizes she’s not that great of an actor and there’s not that much call for her “type” in Hollywood. It wasn’t her talent, just her bravolebrity that got her on both of those shows.

43. LaineyLainey says:

Todd is making a lot of sense. Kandi is so unhealthy in her relationship with her mom. She turns this into yelling at Todd? Her mom messed her up.

44. MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

It sure is odd not seeing Nancy’s name in the recent comments box when I first look in here. Even stranger not seeing her tell one of the HoWives to STFU (You all know she would at least once on chat nights) so, to all the HoWives, Shut The F*ck Up.. I know she wouldn’t have spelled it out like that but, I’m not Nancy either.

45. sparklemuffy says:

I am in shock. I am so sorry for Nancy’s family– as wonderful as she was to us, imagine how much they will miss her. She brought beautiful ideas to the blog and exposed me to things I would not have been exposed to– Yo Yo Ma, Pugs, Canada, — I just can’t believe it–
    what a sad day. Nancy.you.will.be.missed.

46. chismosa™ says:

MariaReads – read your comment on last blog —
    Thanks for sharing. You are not crazy and I hope it felt good to “let it out”

Lainey had the similar need to say something I’m sure you saw.

Lainey thanks for the beautiful pictures ! 🙋☺️

47. R to the E to the B to the E to the C to the C to the A says:

Ok, Jeff Lewis officially wins twitter today. American Airline lost his bag today and it was ON. He just picked up his bag, but I am sad to see this all end. I’ve been entertained all day.

Me too EXCEPT his posting with Dull-Downer DINA 💨💨💨😤

can’t wait anymore for his show to come back. Live for him

48. chismosa™ says:

Veena I haven’t watched yet so I’m averting my eyes🙈 above but did you know (unsurprisingly) there are a couple of twitter accounts devoted to Daryl?

This one is one— it’s kind of lol

Ummm ….yeah. Keep posting pictures, if you want. Feel free!! G’head!

Only the good ones. This account doesn’t seem to understand the essence of his account should be DARYL and his ARMS

but I will!

Lainey your Derelique lines had me rolling. I live for Zoolander.
        I THINK they’re filming part 2. I LOVE 😍😍Owen.

“Who you tryin’ to get crazy with ‘ese? Don’t you know I’m loco…”

My friend’s now-husband lured us all away from a bar in the hamptons one summer under the FALSE pretense that we were going to watch Z (for the 5th time) on video (no DVDs yet)…
        And we got home and there was none! We still kid him to this day. 😋

“Who you tryin’ to get crazy with ‘ese? Don’t you know I’m loco…”
          So goooooood! I love that line, too! What about when hansel announces that Derek has been hypnotized to kill the prime minister of “Micronesia”… Haha.

Wow, you do love z…you were pulled away from your drinkypoo? LOL

Micronesia is actually my favorite line. Ever.
            I always rewind that over and over and over and over and over. Owen Wilson kills me.

Yes we were obsessed.
            We also had the Best of Chris Farley on SNL on constant loop at one of our summer houses that had no cable hookup! LOL

Nonstop

• Veena (NMD) says:

Daryl’s arms. I love it!

49. LaineyLainey says:

Watching Downton Abbey. Poor Edith. Gosh, I hate saying that. But poor Edith, can’t the writers cut her some slack??? They aren’t very nice to women.

• MelTheHound says:

Especially her. She’s always been the one most likely to end up living with a house full of stray cats of the 3 sisters. (no offense to the ladies who have a bunch of cats 😉 ).

I’m a cat lady! But I just have the one 😛

I love cats! Are you all set for tomorrow? Have you enjoyed having your sister to visit? Did you gals eat at EAT (love that place)?

She and I are just having a blast! Tomorrow is prep day. Test early Tues. fingers crossed! lol

We have both been relaxing, napping, reading, talking. She is painting me some canvasses for me, love it! I promised her family I was sending her back rested and relaxed, and mission accomplished. Sometimes you just need to recharge. Going to introduce her to the ladies of ATL right now …. we’re going in!

Remember at the end of last season we all hoped Edith would go to America and find love there? But no…the writers couldn’t give her a break. Nobody listens to us!!! Yes,I, pouting!! Haha

I’m getting ready to watch Downton now. Just finished Walking Dead/Talking Dead. Awesome but won’t give anything away. It’s nice staying up late for a change and being able to sleep in tomorrow morning.

• just wondering in Jersey says:

Yea sure mel. Good thing I only have 1 these days lol.

50. chismosa™ says:

How dumb is Andy to not have Atlanta on WWH tonight? He wants low ratings ?

51. looneylucy says:

Wow, what a beauty Nancy was! So thankful you posted the pics, Lainey.

I’m glad Todd told Kandi to go to therapy. Mama Joyce needs to be put in her place….by Kandi.

52. looneylucy says:

I’ll watch Downton tomorrow.

53. kit9 says:

I haven’t watched HW tonight, been watching the Olympics and just wanted to stop by and say how many times I’ve thought of Nancy today. Was watching ice skating and thought of another question for her, like my other stupid skating questions I bothered her with and then I remembered. Then thought of her again watching Bode win his bronze. I still can’t believe it. This place just won’t be the same w/out her.

54. chismosa™ says:

This looks like she cropped it from her real estate listing picture ?
    Can’t believe they’re selling

• looneylucy says:

How many people can relate to living in a home like that? How does she expect people to reply? “Fabulous”, “Wish I lived there”. Way to rub into the ‘other 99%’.

Oh Looney, I don’t want you to feel alone…you took the words right out of my head. I actually looked at that and sighed…and then, I thought “braggart”

Well it’s kind of like how can most of us viewers relate to any of the Beverly Hills HWs right?

We want the glamour and diamonds ……
        I think ?

But I see your point, this could just be fishing for compliments.
        Love me adore me, #getwise

• looneylucy says:

Welp, you put right into perspective the reason as to the reason we watch the train wrecks, Chismo. We watch for the fabulousity, then bitch about it! Guilty as charged.

That’s why I watch the show…for the fabulosity they happen to be living…but this is not the show, this is yo bragging about her material wealth on twitter. “Look what I have!”

• looneylucy says:

So true, not necessary.

I agree Lainey.
              And the picture is SO her real estate broker’s professional photographer’s! Like the one from the brochure probably!

But yes, to WATCH the show is one thing
              It’s not like MTV cribs and showy like that …..

I agree Looney^^^^
              We posted about the same time 🙂

55. chismosa™ says:

Ok now I’m excited for tonight’s episode. 😍😍😍😘
    Please not so Lost-like!?

56. kit9 says:

Oh, man, just no escaping the Housewives/HW related issues. Watching an ice dancing couple from Russia and who are they dancing to? None other than the current Mrs. Eddie Cibrian. Singing a bluesy rendition of 16 Tons.

• PJ says:

He isn’t good looking anymore.

PJ I think that was when the hammer was coming down (is that the expression?)
        He was cheating with the girl – it came out in October ?
        She allegedly was pregnant …… I think this picture is from the fall.

I know many don’t care for Ramona but I always have. I feel so bad for her.

57. chismosa™ says:

Oh my gosh — this restaurant is 5 minutes from me!
    It’s busy every.single.night.

She has Long Island roots. I could see this.
    Someone mentioned above about her opening a restaurant.

Hmm.. I can’t see her actually cooking there, but I can see her changing the menu. It’s a rare thing when a HW gets into a business they actually know something about. And I don’t think liking to drink wine or liquor really means you know anything about the wine or liquor business, though Trampra, Vicki, Ramona, and Teresa might disagree.

58. Cristina (djprincessc) says:

Nancy was really pretty 🙂

Nene was disgusting tonight, shows what happens when a person who has nothing and gets famous or money. It goes to their head like crazy.

I’m about to watch cris. I wrote you back – have to check my email

Hope you’re good 💚💚

Yes, she was very pretty. Hope you are doing ok.

• Cristina (djprincessc) says:

Hi Lainey!! I’m ok, still sad but I am not like I was friday night or yesterday. It will be weird for a while I am sure for all of us :/

How was your weekend? 🙂

Yes, it will be weird for awhile. We went out for Valentines and then last night we went to a movie (Lone Survivor). Today we grilled burgers, since we are having such nice weather. What about you?

My son is camping tonight at a nearby lake. LaineyGirl taught two yoga classes today in Hollywood and went to church. She’s the good one in the family. My husband and I haven’t been in months.

• Cristina (djprincessc) says:

I just worked on Fri and Saturday. I was pooped after my open house on Saturday. Should have gone to the gym today but I didn’t. Ran errands with my momma and then came home and made a roast 🙂

Its my parents 34th wedding anniversary today and this year I am a HORRIBLE daughter bc I know its the 16th but I for some reason got it in my head that the 16th is NEXT week. So I will have to get their card and prezzies tomaro.

p.s.Laineygirl sounds fun! 🙂

59. lillybee says:

I think that Nancy would have love this and it is very cute.

60. vilzvet says:

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos of Nancy! Brought tears to my eyes. It will be odd to watch the ice dancing this morning without her opinions.