The Amazing Race – Million Dollar Backpack

TARlogo2Welcome back race fans.. Last week, the cowboys (Chet and Cort) took first place and won a pair of express passes. One for themselves and one to give away. They say it’s a pain in the ass having that extra one so it’s likely they will get rid of it pretty quick. t1They are the first to start and their destination is the Chen Clan Acadamy where they have to get their first clue. That clue is an ink stamp that one of the guys at the academy will put on their foreheads but of course, they have to get there first. It’s far away but since they don’t speak Chinese, and English isn’t a very well known language in China, they decide to run, in spite of two locals telling them it’s far away. Everyone else figures that out and most take the subway. Eventually the cowboys get the hint as well. You can see by the picture, who got there first. Brenchel.

That stamp takes them to the toy district where they find a roadblock. They are tot2 find and assemble, a motorized toy car.. Once they get that together, they can move on. There are a million parts to these cars and of course, the instructions are in Chinese. Add to that there are dozens of small kids running around. Let’s see if I can remember this.. Chuck, Mark, Jen, Margie, Brendon, A Geranimal, A Globetrotter, Megan, John, and Chet all take on the task. If t3I got one wrong, oh well. Mark finishes first and to my surprise, Margie finishes second. All make pretty good time of it except Blonde Jen, who whines about putting stuff together.. Just bounce this blonde team now. They were pretty useless on their own season and aren’t proving much better this time. Caroline however, talks the cowboys out of that second express pass that they didn’t seem too disappointed to get rid of. Now it’s out of play and they have the only one in the game.

Once the cars are assembled, they have to deliver them. Via taxi to some playpark. t4Everything is going fine until it is discovered that Somebody left Mark’s backpack behind. I say technically, it was Mallory who did but also each is responsible for their own stuff. They decide to continue on however and go back and get it after the delivery, with Mark bitching the entire way. They have what he technically needs for the race except his clothes. I don’t see why they couldn’t just finish the leg and then go back and get it. Mark is hoping the rest of the time, that someone saw it and brought it. No such luck. Of course, it’s Mallory’s fault. Also of note, Megan finishes before Surfer John. THAT guy, is as worthless as tits on a bull so she helps him.

Let’s take a little break here. Megan hates women who play the weak girl card, as the country singers do constantly. I have seen Megan get mad and cry but I have never seen her give up. Country singer quit that task basically before she ever got started and her partner was working on Cord for that express pass almost as fast. I don’t think they ever had any intention of doing that task. I hate women like that too. I like Megan.

t5Teams all get their cars delivered and are given their next clue. It’s a detour. Chinese glass or Feather Ball.. You can see what the Chinese glass task looks like. It looks like torture to me but they call it therapy. Suppose to get the blood flowing and suck the toxins out of your body. If this is your type of thing, have at it. None of the teams did so we won’t bother with discussing it anymore. The Feather Ball task is basically a game of hackysack with what looks like a badmitton bird instead of a bean bag. They can t7propel it with any of their body except their hands and arms. The teams, paired with a couple locals have to complete ten passes without fail to move on. Before they could move on to this detour, Mark insisted that he have his bag. Personally, I think he was being a dick. I don’t think he ever wanted to have Mallory as a partner and at one point, he told her about being Kentucky, which is where she’s from. Dude, you are responsible for your own shit. Stop blaming the 4 foot tall white woman. They get his damn backpack and make it to the detour.

t8Everyone eventually finishes and are off to the pit stop. Brenchel gets there first and wins $2500 each, with Margie and her son a very close second.. In fact, I wasn’t completely sure who stepped on the mat first. Others filed in, it doesn’t matter where until we get to the last 3 teams. YouTube and Surfer asshat show up, and the surfer asshat steps on the mat before Megan and Joey can.. This is a lesson for Megan.. IF they had been the last two teams to arrive, this would have put YouTube out of the race when, Megan should have left that dumb shit, John, back there trying to figure out how to put that car together. Helping him nearly cost her the race and I doubt that sun baked asshole would have cared one bit. Fortunately for them, Mark forgot his backpack and burned a lot of time going back to get it, all the while bitching at Mallory that it was left. I guess you could blame either one of them. I’m sure you’ve all known people who would forget their own heads if you didn’t remind them to bring it along. It is Mark and Mallory who are the last to arrive. They are gone from the race. I hope Mark is happy to have his backpack back on his back.

See you next week

______________________________________________________

The Walking Dead from Empress

She also gave us a Scandal recap this week for those interested

______________________________________________________

About MelTheHound

Fuck Cancer
This entry was posted in Amazing Race 21 plus. Bookmark the permalink.

214 Responses to The Amazing Race – Million Dollar Backpack

Good morning everyone. It’s S N O W I N G!!! Boooo hooo hooo hooo. Ok. I think I feel a little better after getting that out. No I don’t. Sighhh. The Oscars were fantastic. Ellen did an amazing job. I thought the pizza question was just a joke. That was the best. And the group selfie. The selfie that crashed Twitter. Too good. I hope you all enjoyed it. Well if anyone knows a ‘get rid of snow’ dance I’ll be forever grateful. 🙂 Have a great day.

Powell we barely got an inch when we were expecting 8-12 a few days ago.
      You must have gotten the worst of it.

Stay safe. It’ll be sweltering 89 degrees soon enough.

Good morning to all here! I’m wearing three layers and I’m still cold sitting here in my office. Another RHNY marathon on – an old one with Bethenny, Jill and Alex. Looks like it might be the first year.

The Oscars were a hoot thanks to Ellen. The thank you speeches from Jared Leto and Mathew McConaughy were beautiful. Boy, that girl Pink can sing and I loved Bette Midler as well.

Got to watch bits and pieces of Amazing Race so thanks for the recap Mel.

I’m going to ask for a fireplace in my office – it’s just too cold in here. Yes, I know it’s 4 degrees outside, but c’mon. Didn’t we pay out heating bill?

• NYC Mama says:

Oh, sorry Powell. Thankfully we only got a dusting or so but I will still commiserate with you since we are all cold and tired of winter.

Good morning Powellypooh! It was a really good Oscars. Ellen isw/out equal. love that lady. I have been dvr’ing awards shows this year. I like watching w/o commercials. Or ff’ing thru parts I don’t like. Lupita is just so beauiful beyond words, somebody please give her a cosmetics contract. I will buy that make-up.

BB is this the day/week your mom gets her results? I’ve still been thinking about her.

3. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Good Morning! So sorry about more snow, Powell, don’t boo hoo too much or it will freeze your face! 😦 Very surprisingly we are 22 here…it was just 80 a day or so ago. It won’t last long though and we will go back to Spring. I wish everyone could get their Spring!!!

Well, who knew there was new programming that played opposite the Oscars? I missed everything setting up a new computer, for which has never come without glitches and always takes twice as long as you expect! So back to work to get the rest of it sorted out. What fun.

Thank you Melthehound for the blog, TAR and the Empress links!
    Good Day everyone! 😀

Is it just me, or have Brenchel gotten less annoying over time?

• MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

I didn’t hate them on their first run of the race.. In fact, I enjoyed watching them beat that divorced couple that was on that season.. Rachel isn’t whining so much anymore..

MTH, I’m not watching TAR. But I did watch the last two seasons and always looked fwd to your blogs/recaps. You’re a Good writer and I’m tempted to read it now…but I don’t need another TV show on my already overloaded tv watching schedule!!!!

• MelTheHound says:

Tempted to read it? It’s less than a thousand words and has pictures just to bulk it up 😉

• Sus says:

Well, they are breathing so I think that qualifies as annoying. (I really don’t want them to die, I just never want to see them on TV ever again.)

Don’t worry about Brandi not getting a gig at the Oscars this year – she’s got some secret stuff going on.

6. Good morning everyone! Sorry Powell about the snow. Seems like your winter is never ending.
    Looks like Georgiepoo is all over HWONY this season.
    Which one of you let that horrible man out of his cage?

• AZGirl_ George said hello! He asked me if I knew you and I said “Sure, We post in the same Blog! He wants to meet you!

• SJNYC says:

My husband was walking by when I watching the preview and George was on – he stopped, looked and me and asked “did he really say that?”, I sheepishly said yes. I think my husband my actually watch some of NY this year.

My husband usually watches something God related on one of those Christian channels. Imagine how I feel when he walks by and I’m watching Andy Cohen…who is if on cue says the word “boner” or whatever when my hubs walks by to get a snack…my hubs will say, “Honey that man is vile, how can you listen to that”

I think it was a box with airholes…

Rebecca you commented last night about the Pope blessing Philomena. That was very cool. I am loving this Pope and I’m not Catholic. He truly is the people’s Pope.

Help I have a comment in moderation. Mel?

9. chismosa™ says:

Rebecca you had me ROLLING last night. Thanks for laughs.
    #dragons4ever
    #anti-dragonite

Rebecca + 100pts
    Jill -20 pts

10. chismosa™ says:

Veena you must be excited it’s like T-minus 7/8 days to go!

So happy for you !…….
    Hope you’re not stressed. Traveling is the best !
    I love packing

Oh ps your boyfriend was yummy last night.

Still too slow. Still too psych 101 🏥〰〰〰

• Veena (NMD) says:

Yes – 8 days until take off.

I would have thought a full hour of my boyfriend would make for a good show – but I am not loving this season. Plus – he has been too mean lately. Hopefully that part is in the past and he can return to the Darryl I luv.

I had a bad feeling when they said when the mid season began that it would be a “psychological” storyline.

No thanks …
          More Daryl! He’s on a talk show this week – either Fallon or kimmel I think.

I think he and Beth are going to have a little something going on and when they hook up w/Carol he will be conflicted and Carol will find out and be mad at Darryl and Beth.

11. Thank you Melcito! Super great recap!

12. Anyone else watching Bravo this morning? The first season of RHNY is on…must be a marathon!

13. chismosa™ says:

Lulu, Stars — just got through yesterday’s blogs – thanks.
    My brain hurts. 😦

Somewhat O/T-
    Re: Brandi and her awful “incest” humor of a few weeks ago.
    Last night’s Girls episode the main character was telling her cousin how she hoped they were closer and had similar experiences to share, one of which would be
    “We were molested by the same people” …..

I was like …..BRANDI!….

So gross. In other words, this girl was hoping she had a molestation story to be able to share with her cousin who hopefully had this happen to her too!

Ain’t lena just so smart and witty Joe??? Ain’t she !?!?!??!?
    👎👎👎👎💩

Just had to share. Not sure if the media will have an outcry over this line of writing. Everything she does is just so BRILLIANT so I doubt it, plus oscar stuff.
    🙄

Re: the oscars– I’m happy media outlets are as annoyed and disgusted with Jane Hairline Travolta’s mangling of Idina’s name as I was. A twitter account was created too.
    There were far more difficult names to pronounce !

• MelTheHound says:

She wouldn’t have thought that so fucking funny if someone were talking about Her kids.

As for JohnnyT, couldn’t care less if he got it right, or not.

Yeah, right? Sh1t happens, honest mistake. But the twitterverse is hilarious.

• MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

I know.. People get their panties in a bunch over the dumbest shit.

Right?!!! That reminds me, LaDebra got blocked by Yolanda yesterday and Ladeb wrote something like #whitepantsinaBunch. That had me rolling. 😄

• MelTheHound says:

Blocked by the Lemondrop.. I bet that hurt 😆

I tell you so of these HWs just want people to agree w/them regardless. She hasn’t blocked me yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t tweet them. JZ blocked me and I tweeted to her all the time when she made me mad at her stupidness. Yeah I made that word up. Stupidness. 🙂

14. Cartwheels says:

I am loving the RHNY marathon

There it was the scene between Bethenny and Luann where Bethenny asked the waitress to make her a skinny girl margarita and gives her the recipe, it was filmed in 2007 and aired in 2008.

• SJNYC says:

Loving it too, advantage of working from home today!

• Cartwheels says:

Snowed in so watching first season.
        Ramona was like an energizer bunny, lol

• SJNYC says:

A little scary. I am fairly neutral on Ramona but I do think you get what you see with her.

• Cartwheels says:

I love Ramona, do I cringe at some of her moments ? Of course I do, some of the things that come out of her mouth are plain awful but I do get her , she is who she is, she is not just playing a character for tv, I like that.

• ramonacoaster says:

I really liked Jill in season one and was rooting for her to beat Ramona at tennis. Season 3 changed all that.

• Cartwheels says:

I liked her too, fame went to her head really bad and brought the worst in her.
        Funny how they looked seven years ago

Yup and there was no Jason in sight.

• Cartwheels says:

Lol, I know right?
        She never even met him until after two years , in the meantime she was promoting that thing like crazy, she had that cocktail in her hand at every chance she got during first season. I wonder if her friend Lee who was in the liquor industry was her original investor, the one who helped her produced the cocktail at a small scale.

15. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Maybe Brandi’s secret work stuff is that she is going to go to beauty school?

16. Now I know why I got hooked with RealHousewives! Watching First Season of RHONY!!! They used to be actually friendly to each other! It was a little bit of drama but they find the way to move on… They should change the total cast every two years to be likeable again!

• Cartwheels says:

I agree, the cast should never exceed the three years, the more time they spend together the more machinations and mental games happen and it ruins everything. Season 1 seems always much more organic.

• MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

Cusi, I don’t think they will ever be likeable again.. It’s formulaic. Just look at any of the other similar shows and you could replace any of the HoWives shows with them.

Event, dinner, party = excuse to introduce or continue fight. Don’t believe me? show me one in the past 3 or so years that hasn’t gone that way..

Event to introduce a new HoWife – never hear of it again. What ever happened to Kyle and the BH chamber of commerce? Was it a myth?

The list is long but the formula remains the same.. Don’t get me started on Trips and vacations.

My yard is covered with ice pellets! I hope we don’t lose power. 😦

18. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

She is so expressive

• shamrockblonde says:

Hi Jeff – thank you for the recap – great as always! – the cowboys had me really worried for a bit there – I want the blondes gone – they are giving the rest of us a bad name!! at first I was annoyed that the cowboys gave away the fast pass to them, but hearing their strategy I was reassured – in spite of the fact that them giving the girls the pass helped them beat them!! don’t be fooled – Brenchel is still Brenchel…

not sure what all the dragon talk is about but Saturday night I babysat – when I got there Shamrock 3 – age 7 and Shamrock 4 – age 4 – had built a fort using four chairs and some beach blankets – at least I thought it was a fort – turns out it was a castle – one I was told to get into and “suit up” – when I asked what for, shamrock 4 said “we are fighting dragons get ready” with a cute little tough guy face – we then “battled” our way out of the castle with swords and shields – during this epic battle, my husband called – the phone call went like this –

me – “hi babe”
        him – why do you sound out of breath? is everything ok? did they handcuff you again?”
        me – no – we are fighting dragons” – (mind you I am running all through the kitchen and living room with 3 and 4 shwishing my shield at “dragons”)
        In the background, 4 could be heard saying “lookout Queen gaga!! behind you!!”
        I swished at the dragon and warned hin about the one over his head
        me ” I gotta go – the dragons are fighting back really hard”
        him – ” you know I worry about you – good luck with the battle and don’t bring any of them home with you”
        that was my night with the dragons and the dragon warriors –

• Rebecca can't understand why people don't appreciate the importance of dragons. says:

Fantastic! If you filmed it, the anti dragon conspiracy wouldn’t let it win an Oscar though.

#howcouldyounotlovedragons

• MelTheHound says:

I think the Blondes are next to go unless it’s a non-elim round next.. They don’t seem to be able to do anything for themselves.. How they got “All Star” status by hanging on to the hockey player brothers last time, is beyond me.

• shamrockblonde says:

Ha! me either – but I would still want the afghanimals gone first – even though so far – so far – they do not seem to be as bad as they were the first go round – but there are many legs to cover……glad to see the father and son team still in it – I like those two – but I’m still team cowboy!

19. LaineyLainey says:

Watching my dvr’d Bethenny. She is about to throw someone off of her stage. I just saw the preview and it looks very jerry springeresque. Yes, I’m still gonna watch it.

• Cartwheels says:

I just saw the episode, that brat absolutely deserved to be thrown out, she was completely out of line. I am glad Bethenny kicked her out.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Who was it? What happened? I didn’t watch today!!

• Cartwheels says:

They had this segment about “sugar babies” , basically girls in college who go to a website and get paired up as scorts of older guys, well this girl was just frankly rubbing it in about she is like an outsource and husband get to do to her all the nasty things they do not want to do, so an audience member asked her the question about how she didn’t considered that marriage sometimes involves children and the girl was not having it and told this lady (who happened to be African American) that she gets to charge for what she gives for free to any guy who takes her out to eat fried chicken to KFC. So Bethenny to,d her to leave, she kicked her out of the show.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Thanks for the recap-I’m going to see if I can find a video

Yes, I agree. She disrespected an audience member.

RHOM has been cancelled or won’t be renewed right?

I thought I saw that Alexia said it was renewed.

You all know Married to Medicine is coming back on? I thought after the whole adopted daughter secret spilling that Mariah no longer wanted to do it.

Kyle- “I’m from this town and I know what’s real and what’s fake.” Well she needs a new tagline next season cuz she couldn’t see Brandi’s lies if they were in the form of a new Chanel handbag.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

To be fair-lots of people believed Brandi -and then she started smack talking about Lisa-up till then she was a known “truth cannon”.

Joyce socializes with Kyle. She told her right away that a Brandi was bad mouthing Kim and Kyle from the start.

• MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

Me turning on Brandi has nothing to do with Lisa.. That was AAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL Brandi.. I don’t like Lisa, either.

Her tweets started to get on my nerves, her behavior in public, and her overuse of the F word. Once, she started to go after Lisa she revealed herself for who she was ” a user”.

The season is almost over. There were warning signs all over the place and Kyle couldn’t see them cuz all of a sudden Brandi has a “problem” w/Lisa? And if the “Lisa doesn’t call me every morning like she used to but she’s getting closer to Kyle” wasn’t enough of an alert then I don’t know what was.

• mm in oc says:

What Brandi saida about Adrienne was true (everyone pretty much admited it), she just shouldn’t have said it. Regarding the lawsuit, I have said since last season that Brandi is just too dumb to understand these issues. She obviously felt threatened and hired a lawyer. That doesn’t mean she was being sued. Although, Paul did basically confirm that they were threatening to sue.

This year it’s become more apparent that Brandi is 1) dumb and the day is long. 2) does not understand things in context. 3) that she’s prone to exaggeration beyond ridiculous. I think she believes the bull shit she’s spouting. Remember was Castansa from Seinfeld said when asked how to beat a lie detector test, “It’s not a lie if you believe it to be true.”

So it’s the up fronts? That’s why Lisa was sent to N.yC? Oh boy! Does that mean the rest of them can eat dirt and worms? No up fronts for them? !

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

The UpFronts are usually in April-maybe this is a commercial? Summer By Bravo?

• Anne says:

Hmm, the #WhosThe Host# hashtag makes me wonder. Maybe they are shooting a promo or teaser about the housewives award show later this month? Altho no housewife from Atlanta or Miami….. so maybe not.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

It’s an UpFront photo shoot but no UpFront event? Maybe later in the spring? IDK??

HA!! Good one Ladebra.

So that’s why Lisa is in NY?

I love Sonja’s dress, so cute, Lisa looks good too.

• Cityside says:

That would be perfect. ONLY Lisa invited. I sure hope that is the case.

Karma eddie’s ex-wife, Karma.

• Watching that photo… Mmmm They don’t look like they are going to the same event! Sonja is going to her sweet sixteen, Vicky and HOLLA are going to the granny award of the year and Lisa looks like she couldn’t help self her and wore what she planned to wear on the Oscars night!

By the tweet of Brandi when asked if she was going to the Oscars and she replied “NO , not this year because I have my kids tonight… next year..Blah blah” Did you know they ALMOST cancelled The Oscars because Brandi had her kids that nigh! Buhhhh They invited Ellen DeGeneres last minute to cover for Brandi! Lol!

Not sure what it is. You can research the hashtag for clues.

#whosthehost @nbcuampd @melissagorga @bravotv #realhousewives #beautiful https://vine.co/v/MAbnP6J1pOe

JuliusMichael must not like like Lisa. He’s a Melissa and Kathy supporter.

24. Sam says:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but Bethenny’s talk show has been cancelled, and this article says she wants to return to Bravo:

Oh joy it is Monday for sure…. electricians installing outlets in the file room at the office hit something and next thing you know one of Mr. AZGirl’s computers has black smoke rising out of the back and sparks. Of course my brand new copy machine is on the same electrical line and blown.
    Georgie porgie is getting me back for bad mouthing him.

26. Cityside says:

Did we ever hear from George about Nancy’s service.
    I just want to know because I would like to send a card.

City

27. Prince Ali says:

The listing to the Foster’s Malibu mansion. I love her style, her not so much. http://www.redfin.com/CA/Malibu/0-CARBON-CANYON-Rd-90265/home/21973776

Catching up on last night’s Oscar chat. Rebecca and her dragons had me cracking up. Jared Leto, Leo DiCaprio and Mathew McConaughy’s mom’s all looked amazing. Matt’s mom looks like she has a little work done but still looks stunning. Goes to show you can age and still be beautiful. Good for them.

Still waiting on copy machine guy. Killing time looking up pics from last night. HEAVENS Goldie Hawn no longer looks like Goldie Hawn!
    I can’t stand Kate Hudson. She so stupid but she is beautiful. She looked great last night.
    John Travolta really messed up. Why is he there anyway?

30. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Lisa retweeted this…

31. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:
  32. Lulu Team T-Rex!!!!!!!!!!!! says:

Hello everyone!! Happy Matt got his oscar!! Unexpected Jared Leto! Good for him!

Just saw the first look of NY. They went to Missoula!!! We stopped there on the way to Seattle. It was one of the most beautiful cities I visited!! Highly recommend it if your into outdoors sports I.e fishing, climbing. I’m looking forward to seeing it again!!

33. iceNfire says:

Hello – if anyone missed Talking Dead last night you can watch it online here
    It’s a really good one and Too Funny!

34. Rebecca can't understand why people don't appreciate the importance of dragons. says:
  35. Mene Seela says:

Yo-to is has zero sense if humor. What an uptight bore.

36. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

There is a scene with Brandi in a limo with her friend-they are on the way to GiGis party-Brandi starts talking about her swollen tongue and her friend goes to say something like “oh yeah from that…” Brandi cuts her off and says she had an allergic reaction to aspirin? Seriously? The night of Carlton’s party she said she had a reaction to something but she didn’t say what…
    what kind of procedure would cause her tongue to swell?…do I even want to know?? I’m thinking it has zero to do with an aspirin!!! She’s shady!!

Bulimia

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

The friend said “so you did..” And then Brandi cut her off before she could finish but the friend was pointing to her face like Brandi had a procedure done…why do something during filming and then try to hide it? That never works!!

• Pghemtchick says:

There are some wild reactions if you google “botox swollen tongue”. Apparently, according to one the company said the reaction can last as long as it’s in your system.

• Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Ok I just googled and guess whose face popped up…OMG-why lie and say you had an allergic reaction to aspirin?? Do dumb!!!

METH, or any other various number of illegal drugs that she has been taking recreationally.

37. Rebecca can't understand why people don't appreciate the importance of dragons. says:

Awesome contest….check out my Dino!

38. Eastbayca says:

Caught up on the Oscars and I must say….very proud of my fellow tribe and country-mate Lupita.
    She has done great this award season.

39. luluplus3 says:

Test!

Another time that Kyle brings Mauricio’s rumors on camera at Kyle by Alene.