Dancing With The Stars Preview – Survivor S28E3

DWTS ABC logoDancing with the Stars Preview by BB

DWTS Bravo photo
Nene Leakes & Tony Dovolani
Photo from BravoTV.com

The Season 18 cast of Dancing with the Stars includes another Real Housewife. Last season featured Lisa Vanderpump of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Lisa was eliminated in the fourth week. This year, NeNe Leakes of the Real Housewives of Atlanta is taking her turn on the dance floor. NeNe has a recurring acting role in Glee and was featured in the sitcom The New Normal (which was cancelled after one season). NeNe also competed in Season 11 of The Celebrity Apprentice. If you’ll remember, she walked off the show during the tenth episode after arguing with fellow cast member Star Jones. She failed to win any money for her selected charity, “My Sister’s House”. Her dancing partner is Tony Donvolani who, I have to say, hasn’t gotten easy partner assignments in past seasons (Wendy Williams, Kate Gosselin, Martina Navratilova, and Wynona Judd to name a few).

Here’s a list of the rest of the competitors and their professional partners:

Sean Avery (former pro hockey player)/Karina Smirnoff
Candace Cameron Bure (actress “Full House”)/Mark Ballas
Drew Carey (comedian/actor “The Drew Carey Show”, host of “The Price is Right”)/Cheryl Burke
Meryl Davis (Olympic Gold Medalist Ice Dancer)/Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Maslow (actor Nickelodeon’s “The Big Time Rush”)/Peta Murgatroyd
Danica McKellar (actor “The Wonder Years”)/Valentin Chmerkovskiy
Diana Nyad (Legendary Distance Swimmer)/Henry Byalikov
Amy Purdy (Paralympic Snowboarder)/Derek Hough
Cody Simpson (Pop Star and Gigi Hadid Boyfriend)/Witney Carson
Charlie White (Olympic Gold Medalist Ice Dancer)/Sharna Burgess
Billie Dee Williams (Legendary Actor)/Emma Slater

The hostess duties have also changed. Brook Burke-Charvet has been replaced by Erin Andrews.

Courtesy of ABC.go.com

Cast photo from ABC.go.com

DWTS premieres on Monday night, March 17th, at 8:00 p.m. EST. Recaps of DWTS will appear on the Wednesday blog until RHOBH ends. After that, I hope to recap the Monday competitions on Tuesdays and the Tuesday results shows on Wednesdays, if ABC’s normal DWTS scheduling is consistent with past seasons. Should be fun watching NeNe go through her practices and performances. It will be interesting to see if GiGi or anyone from the Hadid/Foster families shows up in the audience to cheer for her boyfriend Cody. Who knows, they may not even still be dating. You never know with these “Hollywood” romances. They are kind of like “Hollywood” friendships. Here today, gone tomorrow.

____________________________________________________

survivorlogo

surcast22

Survivor S28E3 by MelTheHound

Last week Brains managed to squeak one out and win a tarp, and immunity, sending Beauty to Tribal council. Exactly what makes these people beautiful is beyond me. To me the least beautiful thing in the world is stupidity and that tribe is overwhelmed by it. Brice was sent packing and frankly, I’m not disappointed to see him go.That leaves Brawn stuck in the middle without a tribal visit and a full team of 6. The douchery is deep on that tribe and it all appears to rest on Tony’s back. He and Sarah have some sort of BS Cop / blueblood alliance now that he’s admitted to being a cop, and an alliance that won’t last past the first 10 seconds of their first tribal. This is very late so I am just going to do the challenges this week.

The first one is a reward challenge and the reward, is food. In the form of 3 egg laying hens, and a rooster. Brains of course is probably the furthest on that road to starvation so they of course are hoping to pull out a win. The game is for two members of each team while blindfolded to collect 5 items from the playing field as a s1‘shouter’ yells navigation instructions at them. The shouter is on a tall platform and each item once retrieved must be hoisted up to the shouter after it is placed. Sounds simple, right? The hoisters, are also blindfolded and this elevator platform is a two rope affair. Both sides have to go up at the same time.

Teams all navigate this course with the help of their callers. There are a lot of bumps, bruises and  crotch shots along the way. Probst really enjoys calling these out. There wasn’t anything very difficult about any of the items but it seemed folks had troubles3 getting stuff balanced on that platform so it could be hoisted up. The 6th and final item to be lifted is a team flag. Let’s cut to the chase here.. Beauty won this challenge and claimed the live birds. Brawn took second place coming from way behind winning a dozen eggs. Brains, thanks to JTia not being able to properly lay a flagpole on a wooden rectangular platform, went home empty handed to a few grains of rice.

Back at the camps, brains are still hungry.. I guess Brawn is having their eggs. Beauty kills the rooster cooks him and eats him.. This is before they have a debate as to whether or not he was actually needed. Turns out not. Hens are born with all the eggs they will ever produce. The rooster is only needed if they want to make more chickens.. Here is an article I found that describes it.

Okay.. Everyone who is going to eat, has eaten… Time to start thinking about the immunity challenge. Somehow, maybe treemail, they figure it has something to do with shooting baskets. I don’t know how they figured that, I don’t remember. That isn’t the important part though. Sarah, dumbshit that she is (brawn) decides Cliff was plotting against her because Liar Tony said it was so, and she wants him gone. Somehow, she convinces others that he’s dirty because Tony is so trustworthy.. So, it’s kind of decided they will throw the immunity challenge to get rid of Cliff. Got that?

s5The challenge.. It’s sort of a water polo challenge I guess. Each member one at a time, will dive down at varying depths to retrieve a bouy that is tied to a rope, marked by a floating ball. Once they have the bouy, they toss it back to their platform. Once 5 are collected, they can star shooting them into the provided basket. First and second to do that, with all 5, win immunity, loser goes to s4tribal. If the shooter misses, someone has to retrieve it and throw it back to him. They cannot toss another before they get the one they were working with, in the basket. Any guesses as to what happened? If you guessed that Brains had a shot at it, especially with half of Brawn trying to throw the challenge, but blew it because JTia is not a strong swimmer, see Djprincessc for your platinum star. Cliff proved his worth to the team as an ex NBA player.

Yep, Brains is going to tribal council for a 3rd time. I’m not going to waste a lot of your time with the probsting here.. It was actually pretty boring. It came down to skill (Spencer) vs Loyalty (JTia).. Loyalty to whom? there isn’t anyone left.. Of course, they are talking about post mixup or post merge. So let’s end the suspense. JTia is finally rightfully voted off of the tribe. She took it in good stride, knew she was a screw up and it Was her who dumped the rice. You can see her post boot interview here. That’s all I got for this one.

_______________________________________________________

Veena (NMD) speaks from Paradise.

_______________________________________________________

I should be on time with the next one but here is why I’m late with everything this week.

_______________________________________________________

This entry was posted in Dancing With the Stars, Survivor and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

170 Responses to Dancing With The Stars Preview – Survivor S28E3

1. mm in oc says:

Im first!

Hi MM! How’s things down in the OC? Hope you are doing well, and the job search is underway. I had planned to take some time off between jobs, and wish I had!

• mm in oc says:

Hey there! Im doing ok thanks for asking. Had an interview on wednesday but the job is in el segundo which is more than 30 miles from huntington beach. I’d be spending at least two hours daily commuting. Asked if I could work remote or from the irvine satellite office but they said no. Too bad because the job was perfect for me. However I already hate driving so had to decline.

Working on my online portfolio so that’s keeping me busy. I’m not too stressed out right now but I really want to land a job by the end of april!

How r u?

Yeah, good for you for not going for the 2 hr daily commute. So much stress. You have time to find a better fit for you! Go MM!!!

• Well, since you were first and you get George, I am sure he can help relieve some of your stress, wink, wink, gag, gag!!

I love Saturday, like MarDrag said once, you know you have another day to go so it’s a great day to take a nap. I agree with you about the commute. I did a two hour commute, but I knew it was only for 3-4 years. Even then it was so stressful. And if you found that position, there has got to be something else out there. 👍

2. OMG I am first? Good morning everyone. Thank you BB for your recap. Off to hike Romero Pools Catalina Mountains Tucson. BBL Have a great day!

Original Message:

Thank you BB and Jeff for the blogs. I am really looking forward to reading your blog BB on DWTS. And thank you Jeff for all you do for us. It’s hard to do the right thing sometimes. I am so very sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear about the hound! Very hard to lose a pet-he’s in the rainbow bridge waiting for you.

BB-is DWTS going back to 2 nights this season?

6. Jill...no not THAT Jill -Team T-Rex says:

Jeff my heart is with you!

Off for the weekend-🍀

7. plainviewsue says:

Officially an empty nester today. Youngest son moved out to his own apartment in Astoria, Queens. Not too far from oldest son. Happy for him. Sad for me 😦

Sorry to hear that. It’s hard to see them go, but that’s what we raise them to be, adults on their own.

Congrats PVSue, looks like you raised your boys right! 1 year ago today, my Laineygirl and I were at the Austin airport crying; saying goodbye as she went off to LA to follow her dreams. Today, on the anniversary of my empty nest…no tears…the empty nest is easier when our kids are out there working hard and making us proud.

Oooops, I forgot to give you a big hug (((((PVSUE))))).

• vilzvet says:

Oh how bittersweet, Sue! I’m sure he’ll be around often for dinner and maybe laundry?

• plainviewsue says:

No, his own dinner & own laundry!!! He won’t have a car. Parking in Queens is a nightmare, and both sons work in Manhattan so all they need is the subway. But anytime they want a meal, they know where to go!!

• plainviewsue says:

Hugs and thanks to all!!!!!

Congrats Sue ….
      Hope you’re dealing ok with it. I’m sure it will be quite a change.

I know about 3 people whose brothers moved to Astoria and LIC – how funny !
      It's so happening and quite safe – theyll have a blast I'm sure!

We go eat greek ONLY in Astoria so if you ever need ideas of where to go, let me know. they even know us so well at 1 restaurant. Only if you like good seafood and greek food overall, obviously.

Hugs !

• plainviewsue says:

Yep, Astoria seems to be the place to be. Manhattan is just too expensive. Both boys have friends that live there. The restaurants are excellent. We’ve been a few times when my oldest moved there.

• MM in OC says:

It’s going to be awesome Painvuesue!! Now you can walk around naked!

(((Jeff))) So, sorry about Mel 🐾 😔

9. California35 says:

(((Jeff)) 😦

10. stellastars21 says:

I’m very sorry Jeff. I hope you’re able to find some measure of comfort from your friends here.

Hey everyone. Happy Saturday. It’s 60 degrees out. It’s soooooo nice. I hope everyone has great weather in their neck of the woods.
    I’m sitting here watching The People’s Couch on Bravo. It’s so funny. The viewers at home are so funny. They all are watching Rich Kids of BH. Two of the girls have all these clothes and shoes and there was a caption “Boobs and Loobs”. The viewers were like “What’s loobs?” One of the viewers watching w/2 girls and their dad. One of the girls says”Loubitons”. They were oh. The same 2 girls from Rich Kids are then in NY at one of the bakeries getting a “Crounut” The viewers w/the girls and their dad, the dad said “What’s a crounut?”. I like this show. It’s my first time watching. It would be great if LynnFam were on The People’s Couch watching Bravo. It would be fun. 🙂

New blog post on the travel blog

13. ItWasTorture! says:

I am LOL! A comment In Yolanda’s Blog on Bravo. Not mine!

“Yolanda, lol, don’t forget, you are nothing but a GOLD-DIGGER~~

No matter how many rich husbands you married or divorced, how many pretentious things you say on tv, you are always, always, always below self-made people like Lisa, or people from a rich family like Adrienne. So, you really need to know your place, you are just a Euro trash gold-digger~”

14. iceNfire says:

Hello – New show tonight on ABC called Nightline Prime S1 E1 9 p.m. (newsmagazine)

15. Pghemtchick says:

A follow up on the penguins in sweaters picture I posted a few days ago:

Apparently, the sweaters help them rehab their oil slicked/damaged feathers without them trying to self clean and ingesting the oil. I didn’t click the pattern link-but if you want to knit one there’s a pattern.

Can somebody Tweet a pic of drunk Brandi and her tampon string to Donald, Ivanka, Don Jr, and Eric Trump? What charity is she sponsoring? Seriously…Botox Anonyomous, Certifiable Liars, 40 something that refuse to grow up, Backstabbers USA…

• iceNfire says:

Hi VV – Brandi vs Kenya? I’m rooting against Kenya

• nyc mama says:

Well, since her tampon string has its own twitter account along with a pic it can tweet the Donald itself

Brandi’s String ‏@BoycottBrandiG · 51m
      “@FetchingFeline: #RHOBH @BrandiGlanville is a very very sick girl….”. There’s no cure for “Narcissistic Bitch” #BoycottBrandi #RHOBH

• O.M.G…. Didn’t Nene said she was paid 250K for doing CA? Perhaps Brandi, Kenya and Kate Gosselin will get minimum the same! US Magazine said that Lorenzo Lamas is another possible contestant on CA 2014. It said that the official cast will be announced March 20… Is US Magazine a credible source?

I heard she got nothing, I heard she got $25K, I heard “I’m rich, bitch!”. I don’t know or care.

17. sparklemuffy says:

Which HW do you think would win if The Donald had only H/Ws for an Apprentice challenge? I guess we would have to take Lisa out as she would have an unfair advantage– mind controller that she is.

• iceNfire says:

LoL – My vote is for Bethenny

• MM in OC says:

I think Bethenny would be disqualified since she already appeared on the Martha version.

I’d say Vicki G, because she’s actually a very hard worker.

• NY Heather, HOLLA!!!

• sparklemuffy says:

If we’re including ALL then I see Bethenny and Lisa in the final 2– ??

I think Bethenny should be taken out of the equation

NOW let’s rank …..

Id have to think about it

• sparklemuffy says:

I’ll put Tre in the final 4 —

• iceNfire says:

After she does her time … maybe

I think that if her protective veil that she had on the last time on CA was off and she started acting her normal nonstop shooting HWs personality- then she’d show the pushing over, table flipping, word mispronouncing TrueTre and start lashing out at the other HWs. Not sure how long she’d last.
            She wouldn’t be worried about her image so much as when 1st being on CA.
            Again her “business acumen” (vomit) lol- is ATTACHING her name to other people’s products and having another woman handle her writing – all her writing.
            Would she be able to sit and come up with words for a marketing campaign on her own? Haha
            Handle the funds ? Like the moneys she’s handled in her husband’s finances ?? Ok

Id love to see her on it again. The TrueTre©®™
            NOT the one from last CA.
            It’s MUCH less time being recorded and less organic on CA.

HOLLA H may be in top 4 for sure.
            If Ramona didn’t annoy the other ladies too much id definitely put her.

The show’s done in NYC and to win, you get people in your personal networks to contribute more to your charity than your competitors? I think Carole would do well in something like that. And she’d be most likely to pick a legitimate charity in good standing.

• MM in OC says:

I don’t think they’d be able to do a regular celebrity apprentice. None of them have the connections to get more than a few thousand dollars and it would be underwhelming. They would have to create products and set pricing and sell sell sell. Like the amateur apprentice.

• iceNfire says:

Hi chismosa – I wonder if Tre’s performance on CA was to somehow remedy her legal issues that we were not privy to at the time

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Good question, Sparkle. Holla Heather for the win!

VILZ–
      I didn’t even know she was selling Bridgehampton! 8 mill!?!!!!!!!?????
      It’s not even WATERFRONT !

She gets that money — not the count right ???

Andy must me schfitzing ! She’s moving to HIS neighborhood !

Shouldn’t Noel and the deep voiced daughter be off to college by now???

Why would Andy be swearing this? You think she might be coming over to borrow a cup of sugar?

Sweating not swearing! Maybe he is swearing.

• vilzvet says:

Maybe she got the old house in the divorce, ala Kelly Beensomeone. So she’s definitely in a profit margin now. Didn’t know Andy lived in that town too. It’s very quaint; the movie with Alan Alda “Sweet Liberty” was made there. And I sure hope her kids are in college, they should both be of age, unless Noel is graduating high school this year.

Sag Harbor is known for having a very affluent gay population and also very affluent African Americans.

They’re off to boarding school at least. Luann hasn’t really had any parental duties to perform for a long time. They might even be schooling in Europe. Despite their grades, I’m sure the Count has enough $$ to buy their way into someplace that’ll accept them.

18. chismosa™ says:

MelTH- my deep condolences for your loss. I can’t even fathom.
    Warm regards ❤

Brandi and Kenya on CA. It comes down a lot of the time on how much money the winner makes for their charity. These girls don’t know people with deep enough pockets to make the kind of money that past winners have. Too bad Brandi bit the hands that fed her – Lisa and Adrienne could have really helped her cause. And that’s if Kate Gosselin doesn’t kill them both first!

Just got home from the hike in Tucson. Mel I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for all you do here.

From Brandi’s agent.

22. Rebecca can't understand why people don't appreciate the importance of dragons. says:

Uh-oh…..

• Rebecca can't understand why people don't appreciate the importance of dragons. says:

• iceNfire says:

I’m not a Brandi fan but all this Lisa love is nauseating. Rewatch ….Maybe tomorrow I’ll post with seasons and episode numbers so you can see what I’m trying to say.
        Lisa is the Queen … And The Queen will have it No other way ..w/o walking away

Just FYI she may be referring to what she says in the reunion. Brandi says to Lisa – something about them having the same “sense of humor, personality” —->>>Lisa then corrects her “uh, humor — not personality” —-> then Brandi goes “oh NO not personality.” – in a super snotty way. Obnoxiously.

This tweet seems to be a DIG at that conversation we’ll see at the reunion.

I remember Lisa saying in S2 by episode 17 or later that they had the same type of humor. Remember, Lisa and Brandi became “friendly” during the Hawaii trip.

23. Rebecca can't understand why people don't appreciate the importance of dragons. says:

She didn’t deny my first tweet….

Jeff, I am so sorry for your loss. ((((Jeff & Mel)))))

25. nyc mama says:

Jeff, I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved Mel.

Last month.

deansheremet’s photo

Seeing Bebe Neuwirth again in Chicago but this time as Mama. #broadway

A post shared by Dean Sheremet (@deansheremet) on

27. chismosa™ says:

I saw Andy on Jimmy Fallon and be brought a special clip of the BH reunion.
    It was of what happens when he says to the ladies – “ok we’re taking a small break”

Literally it’s after they filmed for about 10 minutes and it was so funny. It shows the SWARM of makeup and hair people and assistants that flow in to the ladies.

Kim Dicks even had an electronic cigarette that she puffed on!!!!!
    It was hysterical!!!!

Really funny

I saw it too. Funny.

• California35 says:

I saw it – it looked like they had fun. I liked Andy’s diamond rings he bought himself and his dog Waka 🙂

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I saw it too! I’ll bet there were 12 people that ran out to fluff or wait on those divas. You almost have to see it to get how crazy and funny it is.

28. California35 says:

Brandi and Kenya at the same time on the apprentice? Well The Donald is paying attention. Brandi has said numerous times that she os afraid of Kenya. They have had some issues.

I wonder why she is afraid of Kenya? I thought I remembered her saying she was afraid of all the Atlanta cast (when she was on Bethenny). Does anyone else remember that?

• California35 says:

She may have said that also, like afterthought. Im not sure, but she did say she is not afraid of anyone but she is of Lisa. Also Kenya and she said that Kenya wants to kill her and she didnt know why.

• lillybee says:

I think that both of them should be very afraid of Kate G.

29. MelTheHound - Team T-Rex says:

I don’t really know what to say other than, I’m overwhelmed by your support. Thank you so much and please, dry your tears.. I am fine and he is with Big Mama playing with his buddy Max..

30. Jan (TexasTart) says: