Flipping Out – Southern Charm

FO logo

Flipping Out S7E7 “I Want You Back” by BB

Jeff needs Jenni.  Megan cannot do the job Jenni does.  She wasn’t hired as Jeff’s assistant, but as a design associate.  Megan is creative, but doesn’t remember things.  She misses texts, doesn’t get Jeff to meetings on time, shows up late to a furniture installation hung over, and texts her nanny constantly.  Jeff thinks she’s fun in the office, but she’s nowhere near as efficient as Jenni.

Jeff has mentioned to Megan that she may be back to being a full time mom before she knows it and that upcoming layoffs are going to be particularly sad for her.  Jeff is not kidding although he thinks Megan probably thinks he is.  Jenni shows up for Megan’s office birthday celebration and can see that things from an HR standpoint have gotten totally out of hand when she witnesses the inappropriate behavior and listens to the inappropriate joking around among the staff.

FO S7E7_2Later, Jeff and Jenni discuss the possibility of her returning to work earlier than planned.  He admits to her that Megan is nowhere near as good an assistant as Jenni.  Jenni tells Jeff she’ll think about it, but he definitely needs to do something about the out of control behavior that’s gotten even worse since she’s been gone.  He can’t keep ignoring it.

Jenni reports to work with a whole new attitude about HR violations.  The Buzz Kill mom is there to get things back on track.  The office has really gone off kilter without her.  She is also getting Jeff back on track.  She knows Jeff, what he wants, what he likes, what he expects, and she’s always five steps ahead of him.  Megan is certainly relieved Jenni’s back.

This episode shows Jeff working on La Marida, Chaz Dean’s executive offices.  The budget is $750,000, but Jeff knows what Chaz wants and expects, despite what Nuria, Chaz’s business manager says.  There is considerable water and termite damage uncovered during demo.  Jeff comes up with a new budget of $1.2 million, which is unacceptable to Nuria.  Jeff knows Chaz is not going to be happy with anything less than what he has envisioned.  Chaz hopes Jeff can work miracles to satisfy both him and Nuria.  Jeff doesn’t see that happening and doesn’t know how he’s going to accomplish what Chaz wants on Nuria’s budget.

FO S7E7_3Jeff also finishes the light redesign for his good friend Kelly’s boyfriend Jim’s house.  Kelly moved in and now she wants it to be “theirs” instead of “his.”  Jeff wants to make sure he keeps the budget low on this job because he feels he owes Kelly from when he was younger and her family helped him out.  Jeff and Kelly go shopping for furniture and he manages to get practically the entire house furnished for under $20,000 with nice stuff.  When Jim sees the house, he tells Jeff he’s a genius.   Kelly is in love with the house and Jim says it looks so good that maybe they should put in on the market.

I enjoyed this episode.  At least Jeff’s clients seemed to be able to have a discussion without resorting to obscenities and screaming like banshees.

_________________________

SC logo

Southern Charm S1E7

“The Third Man” By HydrangeaHussy

To recap – Kathryn, always classy, had a fling with Shep, is in a relationship with TRav, & alleges a kiss with Whitney. As we all know by now, Kathryn & Thomas had a baby girl last month! My first thought was – I sure hope they have a boy next so they can get the $10,000. Snark aside, she’s a beautiful baby. Now, on to the episode…

Kathryn has stormed out of TRav’s home after dinner. He sits down with JD & Shep. Shep thinks that it was in poor taste for Craig to make a scene at dinner. If I recall correctly, Kathryn started the whole thing. TRav notes that a true Southern would never discuss who they slept with. No, they’ll just put it all on TV. Danni notes that Kathryn was upset because TRav didn’t support her at the dinner. I think Kathryn was upset because TRav went on & on about his lost love. Kathryn returns because her car is dead & TRav apologizes. In his TH, Shep says that Kathryn should stop pouting because she did sleep with 3 people at the table. He notes that he slept with 2 people at the table. TRav thinks there is a double standard that Kathryn is judged but Shep isn’t. I agree that there is a double standard. It may not be right & I may not agree with it, but it’s definitely prevalent.

boysCraig & Shep meet up. Craig doesn’t feel bad for calling Kathryn out. Shep, for once the mature one, says that it was wrong because there were only 5 guys at the table & it was easy to figure out who the “third man” was. Craig reports that someone saw Kathryn & Whitney leave a bar together, so they obviously slept together. Really? You want to be a lawyer & that’s your evidence? Shep thinks that Kathryn really likes TRav, while Craig thinks that she’s using him. They both think that it’s bizarre that TRav waxed on about his last love in front of Kathryn. I think it was rude & terribly tacky.

Kathryn & TRav go for a drink/walk to discuss the party. Nothing makes a walk better than a cocktail! Kathryn felt attacked by Craig. TRav apologizes for not coming to her rescue. What a change from the Housewives! Their men always get involved, while TRav just stood back & let Kathryn stick up for herself. I would expect my man to stick up for me if his friends were trash-talking me. Kathryn maintains that she never hooked up with Whitney & that Craig is lying because he was rejected. TRav believes Kathryn.

HouseCameran is showing a house to Whitney. The house is for rent, with an option to buy. It’s an open plan loft that comes fully furnished. Whitney isn’t impressed by the Restoration Hardware furniture. I wish I could afford Restoration Hardware. He does love the balcony & poles! He agrees to get the house, but will have to replace the furniture. Cameran suggests a rooftop 4th of July party to celebrate the new place. Whitney is over Charleston parties after TRav’s dinner. Cameran brings up the “third man” comment, but Whitney glosses over it by saying that he wasn’t paying attention.

dinnerTRav is going to meet Kathryn’s family. There is no need to get there early for drinks because her family doesn’t drink. She explains that her grand-father, a senator, was assassinated because of alcohol. Kathryn’s family lives on a secluded plantation. TRav notes that Kathryn’s father isn’t much older than him. The house was built before the Civil War. I was waiting for him to call it “the war of northern aggression.” Kathryn’s father pulls TRav aside before the couple leaves. He wants to know what TRav’s intentions are. That’s something my father would do.

The guys are heading to Shep’s land in Boykin, SC for hog hunting. (Side note: Hogs are not pigs. These are several hundred pound hogs. Farmers around here have trouble with hogs tearing up the land.   I’ve never been hog hunting because they scare me, but Mr. Hussy has been & these things are crazy! They’re also very aggressive.) Whitney brings his AR, which you need to take one of these hogs down. There’s some tension in the car on the way out because TRav, Shep & Whitney haven’t been together since the dinner. JD & Craig are going to join them after work. I loved seeing Shep’s farm. It was nice to see the guys being a little laid back. IMO, this is a true representation of the south – it reminds me of fishing/hunting camps that we go to. Actually, just a few weeks ago we were at a friend’s camp for a wild game dinner. I even learned to use a duck call!

huntAlan is the hunt master. I’m glad to see that they have a responsible party who knows what he’s doing. Shep is really respectful & urges the guys to follow Alan’s lead. The dogs set out to track the hogs, with the guys following. The dogs alert to a hog and the guys head into the woods. They don’t kill a hog, so they give up and go back to the cabin.

The ladies are driving out while the guys are hunting. We learn that Kathryn has already moved into Thomas’. Cameran thinks that she’s living in a fantasy land. They discuss Jenna’s SD (sugar-daddy), who Cameran thinks is the greatest guy. Jenna plans to marry him. Kathryn says that she thinks she will marry TRav. The discussion moves to their sex life – Kathryn & TRav aren’t using protection. Kathryn is ready to have a baby & get married. IMO, she’s a little young.   Danni describes her relationship with Shep as a strong intellectual & sexual chemistry.

ladiesOnce the ladies arrive, there’s immediate tension. The guys have said their piece regarding Kathryn, so they’re going to let it go. The group heads to the house, where Robert has been cooking BBQ. Craig notes that Whitney has been on edge throughout the whole dinner. TRav & Kathryn go off to talk. She says that she gets bit by mosquitos because she’s so sweet. LOL, that’s what I say! Anyway, those two are way too intense for such a short relationship. The girls & Craig stay at the table. They tell Craig everything that Kathryn said in the car. They think that Kathryn is enamored. He still thinks that Kathryn is using TRav.

whitneyTRav goes to the car & runs into Whitney. Whitney is surprised by how serious TRav seems about Kathryn, so he feels the need to come clean. He admits that Craig was correct & that he hooked up with Kathryn. Only one more episode to go! I have to admit, I’m liking this show more than I expected to.

_________________________

This entry was posted in Flipping Out, Southern Charm. Bookmark the permalink.

113 Responses to Flipping Out – Southern Charm

Blessed Good Friday and a very Happy Easter to all! I already got my Easter gift so I’m just going to lay low this weekend and enjoy the warm weather. Maybe put some flowers in pots. Happy, happy, happy!

Tesla is one of the best Easter gifts you can get.

Hi HH, hi Powellypooh! Hi everyone! It’s a beautiful Good Friday here! We got some much needed rain. Tesla IS the best gift ever.

Our son was stressed out all week, there were 3 edits he was working on that are being shown to the President of Pepsi today. This project is key in helping to give him the credibility that comes with high profile projects at work. Here’s hoping Mr. Pepsi President approves of his work! It will be nice to see him on Easter Sunday. Our daughter will be home next week; can’t wait!

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Hi Lainey! How exciting is that?!Sending positive vibes to your son!! Also, so glad you get to see your daughter soon. Have a great weekend. 🙂

Hope all goes well for your son. Will all of you get to be together at the same time? Holidays are just a date on the calendar; the real holiday is when the family is all together. Wishing you a great one!

Hi HH! Well, we are traveling south next Friday to see our moms and some of our siblings. LGirl coming with us, our son has not committed, yet. Working on him. We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and were hoping to all be together in So. Tex when we did that (a little early).

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Hi Lainey, that sounds great! Fingers crossed for your son with the Pepsi deal…and getting him to S. Texas too! Family get together next weekend for us too.

Happy anniversary – early – Lainey. All the best. 🌷🌷

That’s so cool about your son, my good friend’s husband does editing for unilever so is in LA all the time. He produces their online work and some tv commercials. I totally totally get the stress. He tells us about it all the time. Hope it all works out well 🌟

2. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Problematic start to my day, but with a little help, I got this posted. I enjoyed the recaps! Thanks BB and you make me giggle with then ending….”screaming like banshees”, lol. Thanks also to HydrangeaHussy, I have enjoyed Southern Charm much more than expected – too bad this Monday will be the last episode. I hope Bravo will renew this one!

Does anyone know why TRav and Kathryn set up house in West Palm Beach? I would think with his criminal record, that would be a town to avoid, no?!

Good day everyone 😀

• Hey, TT, T-Rav tweeted a picture with Kathryn, the baby and JD a couple of days ago and said he was having lunch back home in Charleston. The Ravenels have a place in Wellington and T-Rav belongs to the polo club. He also tweeted on March 29th that he was hurt playing polo. Hope that helps.

3. Everybody have a great day. There is an Orphan Black marathon on BBC today, much better than recent reality tv! Season 2 starts tomorrow.

4. Thank you TT for the blog. Blessed Good Friday. Yesterday after work Mr. AZGirl, First Born and I assembled the new table and chairs for the pool area. It was HOT! About 92 degrees. Took 2 hours. Looks great. Cleaned bathrooms this a.m. and starting on the floor. Hoping to get today off from work but nope. Off to finish the floor and I will check in later.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

How very wonderful of you to host such a large crowd for Easter. Good luck with getting everything ready! 🙂

I’m having people over for dominoes on Saturday night. I don’t entertain much, so I’m a little bit noivous. I can’t believe it. Weird. Must clean guest bath, sweep, mop, shop and dust today. I will be cooking tomorrow. It will be fun.

5. chismosa™ says:

Tarts I answered you lastly on the last blog- it’s long and frankly I hope Andy gets $hit for it on twitter or to bravo directly. Truly I think it’s gross and I’m not sensitive to this stuff usually !
    He should eff off and I hope his Passover sucks. Gotta make a joke about that! 👌

Programming for anyone interested:

The former full time cast member/ Countess will be on Bethenny today cause you know, Beth and she were TIGHT on RH! Totally !

I think I hear kelly KB’a assistant’s phone ringing and it’s Bethenny’s talent booker to see if she’ll come on next ! 💩💩💩💩💩

Kandi was on yesterday and we get the repeats running here too. I heard she seemed very happy.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Thanks, I got your response and replied back and I forgot to say (I guess I do not pay close enough attention to the end of WWHL, usually have to take dogs for a walk before the show is over.) I didn’t know Andy had been making the don’t drink and drive comment and had not a clue it was related to the Austin fiasco….which could happen any day IMO, so I don’t get how twitterville got him to saying it everyday……maybe because he PROMOTES drinking?

Anyway thanks for the programming notes, I would watch if I could. Oh, speaking of Kandi and speaking of “the streets” her blog is a good read:

Good morning everyone. How you doin? In my Wendy Williams voice. Itsssss Friday. Happy Good Friday. I hope its a great day for you all. Did y’all see Scandal last night? O M G!!! The best season finale I’ve seen in years. Unbelievable!! I was Twitter trying to guess stuff and I was partially right that ******Spoiler Alert***** Prez Fritz’s son Jr was killed out if revenge for Olivia but I had the wrong parent. Ugh! And Jimmy Kimmel was fun. I liked hearing Shonda say the writers fight when pitching storylines. It was all good. 🙂

Wait – what is but I had the wrong parent?is this the baby they just had? Or an older child?
      I saw the wife cheats with Teri hatcher’s ex.

I wonder if shonda (wow she got a makeover) is one of those showrunners who graciously allows her writers to take the acknowledgement of an episode they write or if he’s like jacka&& Weiner over at mad men who barely lets someone else squeak in without adding his name to the credit also. He’s known for this.
      I hope she’s more generous.

The glory days of Greys ….yes I remember them well!

Stay warm Powell. Don’t worry the 90s and humidity are coming soon!

#globalwarmingisrealidiots

***Spoiler**** I thought Olivia’s mom killed Jr but Olivia’s father did. He had the Secret Svc Agent infect him w/a disease and he died. And Fritz was his bio dad.

Was this the baby that the president’s wife was pregnant with last season or season before ?
          Or he has an older child?

Shonda said she doesn’t care who has the idea. She does have the final say.

Hmmm
          I’m going to take a wiki look at scandal and see who the credits go to. For writers that’s all there is. They live for it.

• Barb (Just Wondering In Jersey) says:

That was quite a twist Powell. I thought sure it was the other parent as well. I hope next season will have more light. I felt like I was looking through a tunnel with most of the episodes this season. I needs me more light!

Excuse my manners. Happy Good Friday and a very good morning to you all.

• SoutheastVA says:

Hi Powell. I was trying to guess also. I figured it was her father when he did not die. Her mom could have killed him if she wanted to but didn’t. I figured on purpose because they both wanted to get at Fitz because of Olivia and taking his Command position away. I said to my husband when the secret service guy put his hand on the son, “Why is he touching him?” I remembered that the secret service guy was a B613 plant on the President’s team. I didn’t figure on Harrison being dumb enough to voice his suspicions to Command. I don’t think he was killed though. I think he may become a B613 sleeper in OPA. However, the actor has gotten into trouble recently so if it extends into their hiatus, they may kill him off. I don’t want Huck near his family. I hate Quinn. I felt so bad for Mellie but not Fitz.

Yes I figured Jr was killed for Olivia. I should’ve figured it was Papa Pope because of what you said. Yes if that actor lays low this Spring/Summer hopefully he’ll be back but yes that was a surprise to me. All night long I was like, “DAMN!!”. LOL. I hate Quinn too. And Huck. I don’t want him anywhere near his family.

• catmom1 says:

Good afternoon. Couldn’t agree more with you Powell, best finale in the longest time! I kept trying to figure out who was going to do what, then who did what. It’s wonderful to see such good writing still exists. Can’t wait for next season!!

Kathryn’s family has mullah. So why are they so intent on thinking she’s using TRav? I know its early but she can’t be in amor?

8. SoutheastVA says:

Happy Good Friday and Easter everyone!

I didn’t think I’d like Southern Charm either. I thought we’d get the stuck up old money southeners. They are far from stuck up. I don’t think their brand of living (out loud on camera) is indicative of how most southerners (rich or poor) would be into. But, it’s funny as heck. I love how the reality show veteran, Cameran of MTV’s Real Wolrd, steers others in conversation leading them to divulge info while never giving up any of her secrets. We’ve never even seen her fiance or family. Smart girl. I will point out how it seems that their circle of friends isn’t diverse other than one of Cameran’s girlfriends. This is not a surprise though. I used to travel to Charleston a lot. I used to stay at the Mills House hotel on Meeting Street. Meeting Street is the main street which runs thru downtown Charleston down to the water (the Battery). This is the area where Thomas’ house is located. I must have walked by his and Whitney’s mother’s home several times. I love the old historical houses. I’ve always wanted to knock on a door and ask to go in to take a peak. Charleston also has some of the best food I’ve tasted in my travels. I ate my first shrimp and grits in Charleston. I haven’t been able to find any better anywhere:( Love, love Charleston. That’s a lot for this Virginia gal to admit. Once I asked the Mills House concierge for advice on places to visit. He started giving me a list of plantations. I looked at him and said, “I’m from Virginia…I can visit plantations back home. I basically live at Williamsburg”, enough said.

OTT – We are throwing a huge birthday party for my mother in law tomorrow. She used to be a dean of students at one of the large local universities, the governor appointed her to the state’s community service board, she’s a supreme sorority member active since her school days, etc… She’s a respected leader who has lived a life and is still living it very well. She also happens to be a great mother in law and grandmother. She made me feel welcome from the beginning. With all of that said, her daughters are planning this monstrous party which is more like a program with speakers, speakers, presentations, more speakers…you know what I mean. I hate these type of events. It comes with a seated dinner…blah…blah…blah….BORING! Why can’t we just have a PARTY! Show up, maybe bring a bottle, buffet style, a band and a dj and dance the night away. To add to the boredom, one sister insisits that the family all wear purple. Purple is my favorite color so I have purple outfits. However, they’ve seen them before. So I felt the need to get a new dress. But, it’s hard to find purple this time of year. I had to settle for light violet/lavender. I also went to six stores to find something for my daughter. I found the right dress at the sixth store. I was pissed because I planned to go to that store first but was talked into going somewhere else. Why do people have to be so difficult? Let me wear the color I want to wear. I know sister in law in question found the most fabulous purple outfit and wants to look better than everyone else who had to go scouring to match her color choice. Ugh!!! RANT OVER.

Again, Happy Good Friday and Easter!

• Hope the party is great. Where at in southeast VA? I grew up in Va Beach and went to undergrad at W&M.

• SoutheastVA says:

The party is in Norfolk. They secured an event space on the Naval Base on the water. Even that is difficult because everyone will have to go thru security to get on post. If a guest does not have the invitiation on them when they get to the gate, oh well.

• SoutheastVA says:

My 17 year old wants to geo to W&M. Right now he says he wants to go into politics to make a difference with crazy laws. “Bless his heart” He figures he needs to take English and political science then law school. I see serious debt on the horizon.

• That’s great, one thing about Virginia is that it has great state supported colleges. Of course I am dating myself when I say that W&M ran me about $5k a year for room, board and tuition when I was there. One year at Fordham for grad school costs as much as all four years at W&M, ok now I feel officially old.

If he can change some of these laws, the money will be worth it. I hope he gets to do exactly what he wants.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Very interesting to hear your comments regarding SC and Charleston. I’m not good at being dictated what to wear, so I get your rant and hope the party, uh, event, will be something your MIL will love. Good luck!

Wear what you want! Focus on m-I-L. Tell the weirdo, if she dares to comment on your clothing, “it’s not about me, it’s about honoring m-I-L! Isn’t this a wonderful day? So much love here! Love ya, mean it!”

Your MIL has great accomplishments. I hope she has a great birthday. I know what you mean about speakers, seating etc. It’s a birthday party. Not an awards event. It is sweet your SIL took such great care to make her mom’s day special. Have a great time.

9. iceNfire says:

Marathon of season one of Orphan Black is airing right now on BBCAmerica.and repeats through the day/night. Season two premieres Saturday at 9:00 p.m. Two thumbs up for a very good show and a good chance to catch up if you missed it last year

• Ha, beat you to it! Watching right now, so much better than HWs!

Everything is so much better than the HWs, so far, I’ve quit OC and now NY and I do not miss them one bit!!

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I thought you must have quit NY! Was reading your comment the other day that followed mine…I was not there in a timely manner to reply…like I saw the theater reference too…but anyway I wondered if you watched any of them any more! I just lost everything on my DVR because I traded up equipment. Which reminds me I need to put a post to Powell about that…

Yes, so turned off by these pampered, affluent, self-entitled women pretending to be gangster…ugh… I’m not amused. I still watch Atlanta and BH. I might try to watch nj and if Miami returns, I will watch that, too.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I get that….don’t know that I could go back to BH, it turned out to be a mirror image of NJ – without the fist fight, of course!

• meneseela says:

That doesn’t turn me off … it’s the boring fights about nothing or about things that are concealed to us….
              “YOU said/brought/stole that [unseen by audience]!”
              “No I didn’t!”
              “Yes, she did! I was there!
              “No, she didn’t! I was there!”

Haha, yeah. That gets old really quickly. I didn’t finish the NJ season because of that crap…”who said Mel was a stripper”…NOBODY CARES,!!!! My curiosity wins out with NJ after the all the recent Guidice dealings with the Feds.

I read. That’s a good point. Ugh. That Directv should have put that into any system you get. If you have recorded programs there should be a way to save them and transfer them to the new equipment.

I’ve been watching. My new favorite show. 🙂

So much happens in one episode of orphan Black. I didn’t even realize I had missed the garbage disposal scene or Helena dealing with the birth mother…but the birth mom was about yo say something about the foster mother. Egads!!!!

Happy Good Friday everyone – thanks so much for the blogs too! – I actually like Southern Charm, so I’m pretty sure it will be cancelled – it always goes that way – I start loving a certain lip color and then one day BAM – its gone – no longer sold – I like a certain cookie – BAM – they either change it – which I always end up hating – or that’s gone too – and don’t even get me started on tv shows…

Southeast! – good luck with your MIL’s event/party – at least you are not pulling a HW move and showing up in a different color!! – I won’t be on here over the weekend, so Happy Easter to all of you! find those sachels of jellybeans and enjoy them!! –

*hugs entire lynnfam really hard*

Funny about when u like a lipstick shade and then…bam, it’s gone.

SC is the best reality tv show on Bravo right now IMO. I thought I wasn’t going to like Patricia but I really like her and the main cast members. I’m looking f to a next season.

11. iceNfire says:

AZGirl – What position at SRP did First Born get? Does he get free utilities?? I’m all about the perks of a job. One year I worked at Mervyn’s and employees got a 20% discount. My manager liked me so she gave me coupons for an additional 20% off and when things went on sale for 50% off I only paid 10% HA! Needless to say my whole paycheck went to Mervyn’s

Ok SJP I just started watching Orphan Black about 20 minutes ago. Clones? Give me the 411. It’s looks very interesting.

• Yes! Did you start from the beginning or jumping in? If possible watch from the beginning, seriously the first scene grabs you and makes you say to yourself “wtf”. So this grifter discovers what she thinks as a twin all the while she impersonates a woman who looked like her who died and then she discovers that she is a clone and is introduced to some of the multiples and of course there is the corp types who sponsored the experiment and a nutty religious group that is trying to kill off all the clones. Not nearly as boring as housewives!

13. LaineyLainey says:

BB thanks for the FO recap. Haven’t watched it, yet, but I’m so glad everything worked out for Jim and Kelly, especially after the “Ben” situation they uncovered in precious episodes. That whole rat thing with the ruined/infested insulation just turns my stomach.

14. LaineyLainey says:

Precious = previous

15. I am bored with Flipping Out….the childish jokes and behavior is getting old….or maybe I am, lol.

• meneseela says:

I agree and I just love Jeff-centric shows. Not enough flipping maybe? Or maybe we’ve seen all there is to see of that genre.

• Not enough flipping cuz I can watch HGTV and rehab addict and Flipping Vegas for hours…I want to see what they are doing to the houses, I am too old for poop jokes, pooping is not a laughing matter!!! It is serious business!!

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

giggle

16. Jan (TexasTart) says:

DirecTV Genie – This is for anyone who wants to know…Powell asked me to report back after I did my DirecTV equipment upgrade. Sorry to say it came with problems, but probably not everyone would have problems. I’m not going to trash DirecTV over it.

The Genie is a whole home system, so I have a large box on the main TV and then a tiny box on any other TV’s. I have the mini on my TV. You can access what you record anywhere in the system so that means my husband is now “seeing” all my stuff for the first time on the DVR and he’s not liking it! No, he would never watch it! I mean I’m getting flack about all “your crap” on it (I know, it’s only been a week!) and he has to surf through all my so-called crap to find the occasional program he records. UGH.

The big problem is fixable….but with a price tag. The mini Genie, is so tiny it has limited connections and since this is on “an OLD TV” (it’s an 8 year old plasma) that had a fabulous picture but no sound. The tech determined my HDMI cable did not carry audio, so he had to hook it up with a standard cable. I guess this was the early days of HDMI? So now have a fussy (soft focus lens look) picture! BOO HOO!!!!! I’ll have to buy a new TV to remedy that. UGH.

I need to find the time to complain to DirecTV because they need to have minimum requirements posted for the Genie! I may have an obscure problem; but if you have an older TV I guess you need to know the HDMI cable carries both audio and video, or your going to have the resolution compromised.

• iceNfire says:

Wow – I have comcast and hate it but I don’t think I’d like to mess with this Directtv Genie

• meneseela says:

wait. you upgraded and now you have to buy a new tv too! That’s above my pay range!

TexasTart thks. Hmm. I don’t know about the Genie. I may have the same problem on my tv in my bedroom w/HDMI, maybe the family room too just cuz the plasma maybe around the age of yours but it has HDMI. I’ll really have to investigate it and/or wait til their are improvements/upgrades. I’ll see. Thks so much. I think you’re our ginnie pig. 🙂

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I had notion go back to the equipment I had, but like everything electronic, they will phase out those models out eventually..and the Genie is their next generation. The tech said he never saw the audio separate from the HDMI, but I don’t think he’s installed many, he was calling another tech with questions.

I have possession of the “good” TV for a couple hours – yay!

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

OH! The remote doesn’t have a STOP button! It has RR PLAY/PAUSE & FF – but not a way to stop the recorded program you’re watching! I have to hit Exit and leave the DVR functions. Crazy!

Well that’s just cookoo. That’s another thing they’re going to have to fix. Can you just hit Prev to take you to a previous channel or another program you’re watching?

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Previous does go to TV, I just found another 🔙 back button will take me to the screen where I can start over or delete. Yay. It’s the little things 😉

• meneseela says:

Sounds like you got the Kelly Bensimon remote.

SJP I love Orphan Black. Sarah and Felix are great bro & sis. And their surrogate mom worked for the medical/scientific company? And the soccer mom client’s husband is her watcher? So so good.

SJP did you watch Ripper Street. I meant to. I swear. I’ve got to stop watching so much Bravo crap. I’ve missed a few shows I wanted to watch this fall.

Namely I need to get back to watching BBC America. I’ve loved it since it premiered on Directv.

I watch Ripper, Powell. I really like the BBC shows. After reading your comments about Orphan Black, I’ve set it to record all the previous shows the next few days. Can’t wait!

19. meneseela says:

What everyone reading these days? I read Wild the funny book about the girl hiking.

Ok SJP. I get where all the cloning mystery started. Sarah took over Beth’s life and everything unraveled from there.

Oh lá lá I couldn’t resist this girl in her Easter best ❤

22. LaineyLainey says:

Watching Hannibal. Macabre.

23. Leslie (SCGirl) says:

How much longer does everyone think The Housewives franchise can REALLY survive with the same old boring formula? Someone upthread hit the nail on the head when they said, “it’s the boring fights over nothing or fights over things that are concealed to us…..” All that stupid crap has just about ruined the Housewives. I have been such a devoted viewer to all of the franchise from the very beginning, but even I am growing tired of the boring formula. Just curious what everyone else thinks about it.

I stopped after BH. I am not watching NY or OC and, surprisingly, am not missing them at all. Even the great recaps are not piquing my interest to tune in. Just regurgitation of the SOS (same old stuff). Instead, lately I’ve been watching some really good scripted shows and reading some great books.

So to answer your question, I think interest in the housewife franchises is waning, but there are still fans who love it. It depends on how low Bravo is willing for the ratings to go.

How much longer? Another 5 years? But they will only get progressively worse in terms of lack of credibility, lack of creativity, resorting to the lowest common denominator for fake drama, accusations, attacks, women behaving badly, displaying horrible manners, women who won’t act their age, no more dignity,…women being mean to each other and unsupportive of each other for the sake of a weak storyline. No genuine moments. No compassion. In other word, the blanket insult to our collective intelligence will only get worse and more insulting as time goes by.

Good morning – volcanoes and more volcanoes

25. Jan (TexasTart) says: