The Amazing Race S24E11

TARlogo2Good morning everyone. Hope all you moms out there had a great day yesterday.. This is it.. The final leg before the final 3 and the typical anticlimactic end to this season of the show. I don’t really know what I expect from these shows in the end, it just seems to me that awarding a one million dollar prize would make for more exciting television but for me it always seems to fall flat in the end. Normally, I watch online in the hopes of getting pictures for you but it hasn’t happened much in the last several weeks. Instead I’ve been using googled type images that are likely stock public domain photos. Neither here nor there but tonight, I actually watched on my TV.. What an experience that was.. As a result, due to Lucy making a lot of noise, I didn’t catch the actual names of a lot of places, so if I’m wrong on any of it, feel free to correct me in the comments. I don’t think so because I copied that info from other recaps..

Last week you’ll remember the cowboys were sent home due to a uturn by the animals and admittedly a few of their own mistakes. That was the last team I was supporting for the win so now, there are just people I hope also go home left on the show.. For this leg, the 4 remaining teams are going to London for their next clue. I don’t remember exactly where but it may have been Heathrow Airport  which was thier first destination to get that clue. Oh yes, they were all on the same flight after a train ride to Madrid where they got on the airplane. No drama there. Once in London, they get their clue which tells them to drive to Anfield Stadium in Liverpool to get their next clue. A couple of the teams had trouble finding it, shit happens but they all manage to get there. That clue, I guess is a detour, because what they have to do here, is score two goals as penalty kicks on a pro football player (that’s soccer here).. Each… They must each kick the ball past the goalie twice, 4 total.. This is where this episode loses me.. Remember last week, Jamal twisted his knee.. He isn’t the reason the episode lost me though.. Each team has to select a goalie from a lot of two.. I think, Brenchel got there first followed by Depends and Son, then the Animals, and finally, those vacuous blondes (I know some of you would hope for a girl girl team to win, normally I would agree it would be fun but PLEASE don’t let it be these two). 3 of the teams manage to do this without complaining, guess which one bitched the most… The Blondes. Every time goalie stopped their kick, he was ‘being mean to them’.. Eventually, I think the goalie just let their kicks fly, bounce, or roll into the net just so he could get the hell out of there and go to the local pub for his afternoon pint. There is no way in hell he couldn’t have stopped everyone he let pass. Blondes, helped once again (Rigged games)..

The next clue tells them to go to the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct for their next clue.. That is in Whales and is the longest and tallest of it’s type. Here is what their tourist site has to say about it. “At over 1000 feet long, Pontcysyllte is the longest and highest cast-iron aqueduct in the world. Treasured by British Waterways, it is today a protected Grade I listed building, a Welsh National Monument and is one of the seven wonders of the British Inland Waterways System. It is of course still used for its original purpose, being crossed by more than a thousand canal boats a year.” Those canal boats are the important part here. It is a 15 minute ride across this structure and the clue they are greeted with here, is a roadblock. One from each team has to take that ride, during which, will have to learn a Welsh poem, spoken in Welsh, and repeat it back to the lady at the other end of the ride. Not as easy as it sounds. If I were doing this, Welsh may as well be ancient Greek. Brendon, Conner, Jamal, and a Blonde (I honestly do not know which one is which at this point) do this task. Brendon gets it done first, somehow I think the judge lady was kind to the rest of them, maybe Brendon too.. Blondes. Jamal got it done while Conner had to do this at least 4 times, getting more angry with each attempt.. I expected him to complain that he was being picked on by this old(er) teacher type woman because he was so young.. Maybe he did.. Whether or not he did, I’ll complete the father son team nickname and call him Pampers. You know, Depends & Pampers.

The next clue takes them to Bolesworth Estate for their detour.  Due to kind of sucking at the Welsh poetry reading, which had to be done with proper accent btw, then getting lost, the Animals fell behind at this point. Brenchel and Blondes get their first and the detour involves a couple games. One is skeet shooting where they have to down 16 clay pigeons between them (Shoot it), and the other, Boot it.. With that one, teams would have to fill Welsh boots (wellies) (Rain boots) with water and throw them around a marked course.. You know, throw it once, pick it up, throw it again, until they get to the end of the course. Aside from the boots weighing a ton, sounds pretty simple. The catch here was they had to choose their boots, either size 9, or size 11, from a large pile of them, that weren’t all size 9 or 11.. The one team to do this was Brenchel.. How hard could it be to pick specific sizes? Apparently for Rachel, who noted at the beginning of this task, they have to make sure of the sizes, it was very difficult. She picked 10s so they had to do the whole thing over again. At the beginning of the day, she was so proud of herself because she had not had a meltdown the entire time.. Well, here it comes. Rachel Riley public on TV meltdown #958789 complete with Brendon telling her to STFU and not to cry.. Yeah, That always works. Finally she calms down but this setback gives the animals time to catch up with the rest of the pack.

The other 3 teams did the Shoot it task, and did surprisingly well at it. Even the blondes.. All better than I would have done. Blondes finished that one first, though I think they should still be back at the stadium kicking soccer balls, and got out of their first followed closely by Dave and Conner. Their destination is Peckforton Castle which is the next pitstop.. Built in the mid 1800s it is now billed and used as a wedding venue.. Blondes leave first and turn right on the road out of the Bolesworth Estate.. After some debate, Dave and Conner go the other way. Wise choice. Blondes went the wrong way and, you guessed it, team Depends & Pampers gets there first, followed by the blondes. That leaves Brenchel and the Afghanimals fighting for that third place spot. Both made huge mistakes in this leg but I don’t think either of them should be eliminated. Brenchel grabs that last spot and Leo and Jamal are gone from the race.

I’m kind of disappointed by the elimination of the Animals. First, it was fun to dig at them in these recaps. Second, like them or not, they did run their own race and seemed to have a ball doing it. Interesting to note, they also finished 4th last time. Not like those two idiot blondes with their constant and tired damn damsel in distress routine. I still say they should be back at that stadium kicking soccer balls. Forget the two non elim rounds that I think should have eliminated them to begin with (FIXED). Next week kids, we wrap this up in Vegas.. At this point, I have no choice but to hope Rachel can finally have a kid after they win the million $$$$… See you then…

______________________________________________

For those of you who still want to talk Atlanta

From Empress and a point counterpoint from Disgrazia4

______________________________________________

About MelTheHound

Fuck Cancer
This entry was posted in Amazing Race 21 plus. Bookmark the permalink.

177 Responses to The Amazing Race S24E11

Good morning everyone and MTH. I hope you had a great weekend and fantastic Mother’s Day. Its going to be hot in my neck of the woods. I think Mother Nature is finally cooperating. Fingers crossed. 🙂 Everyone stay cool and have a great Bottom Lip Monday.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Sounded like you had a good weekend Powell. Your excitement about going out with short sleeves, no jacket – is parallel to my excitement of when summer is over and I can go out in short sleeves – without sweating or needing A/C! 😉 Is your Aunt doing better? I hope so.

Thanks for the blog, MTH! Good day everyone! 🙂

• Powelly – I hope you enjoy a little warmth your way! So are you enjoying Orphan Black new season? I have to say I really am enjoying it but my head hurts from all the twists and turns!

MTH – I started watching TAR but gave up because I realized I just don’t care who wins any more! I much prefer to read your recap.

• MelTheHound says:

You know what SJP? I don’t care who wins either. I more care now, who I do not want to see win.. 😉

Glad you enjoy the recaps..

SJP I’m loving OB. I’m right there on the he edge of my seat on Saturday night. Boy are you right about the twists and turns. Here a question for you. Is Kyra’s father up to his eyeballs in this organization? The way they had that camera shot on his face when Sarah got on the bus makes me suspicious.

It IS BOTTOM LIP MONDAY!!!!! I had to leave LaineyGirl today! But my lip got back to normal when I saw my hubby at the airport, we went to lunch and then he dropped me off at home to go back to work. Catching up on my Wendy’s now. Oh and slowly unpacking… Verrry slowly….

Monday! It’s going to be a hot one here this week – they are talking triple digits by mid-week. Too soon! But look what I found to make my Monday better!

I don’t see it 😦
      😩😭

Scratch that ////✖️✖️✖️I see it
        His body looks too fake to me. Eww

I like the basic well built one he used to have – pictures of him on the beach a while back. He’s gorgeous.

I just look at his face and personality! 😜

Chis- I watched a show over the weekend( I know I watch a shit ton of TV lately since I have to rest so much), and EVERY picture in a magazine is photo enhanced, EVERY SINGLE one. In fact, you can be fired if you don’t enhance a photo to make the subject look better or sometimes they make them look worse for dramatic effect. One rag mag, I think it was “In Touch”, said that some magazines claim they don’t “retouch” and they called BS on them, they said EVERYONE retouches. They were also the magazine that said that anyone in their art dept that let a photo go out unedited would be fired. She had worked at several rag mags and didn’t know a single mag that didn’t retouch. It took her literally seconds to completely retouch a photograph, it was amazing at what they edited. It was interesting that those cellulite pics in the rag mags are actually enhanced as well to make them look worse than they are. They interviewed celebs and in particular Rosanna Arquette who said that the bill to just hire an attorney to sue the tabloids was so expensive, let alone the monies for the lawsuit, that their agents just tell the actors to ignore the stories, that something else bigger and badder will come along and the public will forget the article in five minutes. She said she sued once and all the mag had to do was post a retraction, which they did on page 30, in type font of I think she said 7pt, on the bottom of the page. She had it and you couldn’t even see it without a magnifying glass basically. It wasn’t worth the time and money to sue them. Oh and on a side note that a LOT of Z-list celebs, the Kardashian, Hiltons, Lohans, famous for basically doing nothing , ALL call into the rag mags to tell the Paparazzi where they will be so that they can be photographed! One Paparazzi even had the text messages on his phone from one of their agents. They said that the A-listers don’t call in to Paparazzi, but that pretty much anyone c-list or lower most definitely has used the Paparrazi for publicity!

Lots of inside scoop, TRex! Luv it!

The Documentary was called “Sellebrity” about how the Paparazzi works and how the rag mags edit the photos in all the magazines.

I’m no longer surprised by any of it. No one should be. All of these things is what sells today. Celebs that call the paps crack me up when they start complaining about “invasion of privacy”. Look you can’t have it both ways.

Yeah Jennifer Aniston was bitching that she understood taking photos of her while out eating but buzzing her backyard with a helicopter was over the line. It seemed to me that her movements may be “leaked” to the paparazzi by her people. They also talked about how many famous people are able to lead relatively normal lives, why, because they don’t telegraph their every constant move to the paparazzi. Some folks are still followed all the time because the Paps know their daily routines, but then they give up on them because they become boring. Seemed that those in NYC got followed more often because they walk everywhere when it’s nice outside, and didn’t seem to be contacting the paps directly, as opposed to the LA crowds, from what I saw

TREX thanks for this. I want to catch this show !

Rosanna Arquette ain’t too shabby – I think she had like 5 songs by HUGE artists written for her in the 80s!

Thank you for this breakdown …. So interesting!

Good, more for me!

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Ummm heller!! Made my morning. Lol

DAMN!!!!

3. chismosa™ says:

Kenya killed / slayed/ was amazing/ brought down the house/ put the ladies to SHAME last night. That’s how an adult woman speaks. PREACH 🙌

Loved it! Didn’t let me down. #teamtwirl 💃

I LOL’d at the part in Mexico where Kenya said she had a book with pictures for Dummy®™©
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Love ya to death Chismosa, but I hates (I know, strong word) me some Kenya. She’s fake, a liar, her laugh makes me cover my ears . . . O.K., just like the other housewives as well. But more than any of them, she is just nasty. She has turned everyone of them against her (except Cynthia and we all know how she tends to blow with the wind). Not a lot of redeeming value in her. I wonder what other past Miss USAs think of her and her actions. To be in her mid-40s and not married yet (with her looks and title), I just wonder why no one has snatched her up yet. Something to think about . . . But I still love you!

I think she is a little off myself and I can see why no reasonable man would want to be married to her. She talks a good talk when she isn’t acting crazy but I don’t trust a thing she says. As far as her thinking Porsha is not taking any responsibility for what she did I say the same thing about her. She doesn’t for one hot second think she did anything wrong. If I had someone waving a spector (sp) in my face and yelling at me with a bull horn I’d feel a little threatened too and I think Porsha should have told Andy that if she doesn’t put those things away she was not filming. I blame Andy for most of this, he should have stopped that right then and there or at least when Porsha grabbed it and threw it across the room. Anyone could have seen that was upsetting Porsha. Bottom line she is not taking any responsibility for her part in this either. I don’t trust her.

• MM in OC says:

Obviously Kenya is the antagonist on this show. She’s playing the part and does it very well. She absolutely had the best talking heads of the season. I don’t believe she expects to be loved by the audience. In facts she’s the one you love to hate!
          The props were Kenya’s schtick from the previous reunion. They all know and expect her to do things to annoy them. You are right, Porsha should have told Andy to make her stop or she was walking. The truth was that Porsha freaked out when Kenya brought up the cheating.
          It it never OK to hit someone, pull their hair, knock them down to the ground. And for those that were all over Ramona’s case – It’s obvious Ramona threw that plastic cup out of frustration – it wasn’t intentional to hurt her. If Ramona had apologized immediate (and she definitely should have) there would be no uproar regarding this issue. It’s apples to oranges.

• MM in OC says:

PS Andy needs to go. He has piss poor interviewing skills and he’s too invested to ask more challenging questions we all want to hear the real answers to.

Andy SUCKS!

MMinOC Kenya did have some funny THs this season but I don’t love to hate her. I don’t like her.

I do agree w/her that NeNe is territorial and if NeNe decides she doesn’t like someone then her “friends” shouldn’t like them either. If Marlo did something to her why couldn’t she confront Marlo on tv like she does everyone else? I don’t like Marlo either but I don’t think Marlo did anything to warrant NeNe’s treatment.

I’m with you MM….

I should have never said anything about Kenya I should have seen the deluge coming straight ahead. LOL
            ☔️

I don’t like Kenya either. I think is is a liar…and she ain’t all that cute.

She doesn’t get that the reason for NeNe down fall was her ego, yet Kenya already thinks she is the Queen shit. I am already tired and bored of her.

So true Mrs P. I’m w/you all the way. When Porsha took the scepter Andy could have said, ” No more props”. And then went to commercial and explained the props had to go. I have known of Kenya back in the day as they say and I knew she had a production company and did low budget films. But I always thought she was successful, hard working. She’s shown what I think is the real Kenya and I don’t like her. To me she was only genuine when Velvet died. I believe she hired rent-a-boyfriend Walter and I don’t believe she has a BF that lives in Africa.

I’m sorry I’m not married yet….. I wonder what that says about me 😦
        😐

That you’re picky and you want to be sure it’s the right match for you! Kenya has said that she has been picky in the past and that it never felt quite right.

Thanks Lainey … ❤

I have my sights set on snagging shep from southern charm when he calms his tail-chasing ways.
            I have a feeling there …. 💥💥💞💞

Bwahahahahahahhahahahaha!

"As if"

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Chismosa, I agree with you on Kenya. She is an excellent and classy communicator to her position and points outside of the show. Inside the show, not near as good. She plays a role on the show as many HW do and surprisingly she never got under my skin….I think because inside the show, she is the funniest and snarkiest of them all!

Nene was agressive with Andy and fellow cast members in the One on One. He was aggravated, confused and caught off guard by Nene. For Kenya, Andy was very engaged and clearly enjoyed it….but she didn’t sbow up with an axe to grind or put down everyone and a t like she is above it all.

I hope the rumors are wrong about Nene demoted…I hope she’s fired! I look back on the season and she was the centerpiece of negativity.

I didn’t watch Porsha’s interview because I can deal with her in an ensemble cast but you couldn’t pay me to listen to her One on One!

• MM in OC says:

I stood up for Nene all the way up to this season. Her being dismissive of Cynthia this season was a real turn off. She also takes herself way too seriously. Nene, you are just not as talented as you think.

That’s the way i feel about all these HW shows, if you dump your real friend for no real apparent reason other that you are a jerk or you are trying to make good TV, you are on my shit list. Notes to Jill Z, Jacqueline & Carowhine, Gretchen R, Brandi, and now Nene. I could also add Yolanda for her BS about hollywood friend (annoying name dropper that she is).

Yay tarts so happy to see another one who sort of sees my POV.
        🌯

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Hey Chismosa, hope you’re having a good day! Did Kenya get a nose job or was that make up contouring? I gotta get me a little kit for myself.;)

I think she contours really well.

But as opposed to her pageant days? Not sure.

Hope you’re well too Mel!

Yes! Yes! YASSSSSS! She did great!

MTH – you are a life saver. Half of the state of Nebraska was under storm warnings last night beginning at 6 p.m. or so. When that happens, the local TV stations go into weather mode and take all programming off to keep all of informed as to if we should take cover or not. Because of it, I missed TAR and was itching to read your recap. Great job as always and a great big thank you!

As for the weather, I was about 20 minutes away from twister-like action (they haven’t decided if it was a tornado or heavy winds yet). Homes in west Omaha lost roofs, trees, power, etc. All we got where I live was rain; no winds or hail. Other parts of the state were hit with tornadoes as well, but thank you God, not us. That’s what this time of year is all about.

Hope everyone’s Mothers Day was a great one. My son finished out my Seinfeld DVD collection for me and I got new pictures of my grandbaby Tesla. My husband grilled flat iron steaks for me (in the rain no less) and then got me a strawberry sundae from Dairy Queen. Oh yeah, it was a good day, weather and all.

The season finales for OUAT and Revenge were so good. Lots of twists, turns and surprises. The Hamptons will never be the same next season on Revenge. 🙂

• I Need A Life! says:

Powell…I so agree. Revenge was perhaps the best cliff hanger I have ever watched.

• MelTheHound says:

That was crazy but I have to admit I enjoyed seeing Victoria get smacked in the head with a shovel 😉

• Boobah says:

IKR?! Victoria is so evil!

MTH that was the best. I totally didn’t expect Emily to do that. But poor Aiden. I can’t believe Victoria went that far again. And now she’s in a mental hospital. “SHE’S AMANDA CLARKE. SHE’S AMANDA CLARKE. SHE’S AMANDA CLARKE”. LOL. 😀

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Oooh, I wish I saw it. Watched this show first season and they lost me in the second – but I saw last week and shazam!

• MelTheHound says:

They kind of lost me too as many shows do but this season had it’s moments.. It was more back to the Revengery…

• Boobah says:

Revenge was so good!! I was so thrilled for Amanda on the one hand, but then sad for her about Aiden. Then that ending!!! WOW!

6. Stars99 #TeamT-Rex... All Day, Every Day!! says:

Thanks for the AR recap! I was so sad to see the Grrrr-Animals get eliminated… They have really grown on me this year – they truly have so much fun during the race and are just so danged entertaining. I’m tired of David’s whining about being U-Turned… It’s part of the game, dagnabit! In a weird way I’m glad that Brenchel is still there because it makes everyone so mad…lol. I’m not going to be happy if the women’s team wins (I still don’t know either of their names and I really couldn’t care less)… They only reason they are still in the race is because they got lucky on the non-eliminations twice PLUS they got significantly helped out on almost every single leg of the race by other team(s). The conspiracy theorists are gonna freak out if they win, too – because it would look so staged…lol. I’ve got to say that I’m surprised that neither AR nor Survivor had their finales on Mother’s Day – because in years past, that’s how production timed it out to end. And both shows are pretty close to the end – I wonder why they didn’t do that… Although I’ve always questioned that practice because it would seem to me that they would lose viewership because people are busy celebrating their moms and stuff… Anyway…. Hope everyone has an awesome week! oooo… I can’t wait to watch RHOC tonight because I think I saw in the previews that Lizzie tells Vicki she is not nice… I just can’t wait! lolol….I’m rubbing my snarky lil hands together in gleeful anticipation… lol.

Anticipa–ation
      it’s makin you wa–aait. 😉

I agree on finales..and thankfully, Survivor will not wrap on a Sunday this time! The finale is 5/21- one week from this Wednesday.

• MelTheHound says:

Usually, they run the final 3 reveal and the finale on the same night making for a long night. I would like to say that CBS listened to complaints about that but the end of Survivor is on the 21st, a 3 hour tour. I hate those.. I prefer it split up like the race is this season..

Hating the blondes and the depends boys more and more each week. Particularly, the Blondes, and their notion they’ve actually done something.

• MM in OC says:

Can’t like the Animals because they got rid of my favorites – the Cowboys. The Cowboys are always the sweetest and admirable in the way they play the game.

Can’t stand the female team, although some of the challenges were not really fair (those milk jugs were incredibly heavy and they (and women in general) don’t have the upper body strength to excel in that challenge.

I have to root for Brenchel. I don’t care if they are annoying. It’s more annoying that several teams were trying to conspire against them. I almost always root for the underdog.

• MelTheHound says:

To be fair, the Cowboys did make a few mistakes before they were eliminated. One being not uturning another team they could beat, like the Blondes.

• MelTheHound says:

Scratch that.. They got to the Uturn last because they got lost looking for a clue.

thank Jeff for the recap! – I am so glad the afghanimals are gone! they deserve it for uturning my cowboys!! – even it was a smart move as the cowboys were set to win the whole thing! so there! *stamps foot* as to who I am rooting for – as long as it is not the blondes I won’t mind too much – those teams were really pretty good at shooting – I’ve only gone skeet shooting twice – its not as easy as it looks – even on a still day without wind – with wind, it is much harder – I would still be on that little boat trying to learn that poem…..it reminded me of trying to speak Gaeillic – another language so not like anything resembling anything English – at least Italian French German, etc. have a like sound to the English language – hissing as a letter sound? oh my!
    Hope all the Moms on the board had a great day yesterday!

• MelTheHound says:

Mixed emotions here on the board about the Animals… I was actually enjoying them somewhat this season.. I’ve never stopped hating the blondes which insures, they’ll win.. At least I could muster a kick that might actually get past that goal tender but I can assure you, I too would still be standing by that canal trying to recite that poem..

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

LOL! ^^^ “I’ve never stopped hating the blondes, which ensures they’ll win…”

Anyone but Brenchel!!! And I’m praying that this is the LAST time we have to see their faces on reality TV – do you hear me CBS?

• MM in OC says:

In the Animals defense, they were funny (not so much now, but at the sewing challenge they cracked me up)!

8. 2Stupid says:

Hi everyone,
    I haven’t been on here for a few days. I was just going to let you know that my mom passed away on Thursday and we held the memorial yesterday. I thought it would be a nice tribute to do it on Mother’s Day, but it was still tough. I wanted to share a very proud moment for me. My 8 yr old, wrote his on speech and got up and said it without any fear. There wasn’t a dry eye after he did that. I love the innocence of that age. He makes his Holy First Communion this weekend and I could not be more proud of him. We were blessed that her suffering was very short lived. She died 7 weeks exactly from her diagnosis. I ask everyone to remember to tell your loved ones that you love them often.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Deepest sympathy to you and yours (((2stupid))) Take care.

• I Need A Life! says:

Oh…I’m very sorry. How proud you must be to share this moment with your son. Take time for yourself.

• MelTheHound says:

That’s rough but, as you say, at least it wasn’t dragged out.. That can be So much worse for all involved. Best thoughts are with you and yours (((2Stupid)))

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

(((2stupid))) so sorry for your loss. And how brave of your son.

• 2Stupid – I was wondering since I hadn’t seen you post in a while. So sorry to hear about your mom, but very glad that you were there for her at the end. It just sucks to lose your mom, this is year 5 for me and still makes me sad.

• AZGirl says:

Our thoughts are with you and your family. You must be so proud of your son!

Condolences to your family and sending you healing vibes, and you know that your dear mother is watching over that little boy of yours and I am sure will be a proud grandma watching his First Communion from the “other side”. While it’s unhappy your Mom passed, at least she didn’t suffer too long. Sending your whole family big {{{{Hugs}}}}

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. It’s times like this that your family is your strength and that’s what your son is and at age 8 already. It’s a blessing to know that your mom didn’t have to struggle for too long a time, but still not easy. My best to you now and in the days to come.

• Boobah says:

(((2Stupid))) I’m so sorry.

• mariareads says:

2S-I am so incredibly sorry for the loss of your Mother. May she soar with angels and watch over all of you. God Bless your son. Made me cry to read that an 8 year old loved his grandmother so much that he wrote for and spoke at her memorial. I hope you have wonderful memories of your mother. They will sustain you. I know, having lost my father, that they are the things that often make me smile and it is bittersweet but makes me feel that we were a loving family. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

• MM in OC says:

so sorry for your loss

Very sorry for your loss, 2Stupid.

I am very sorry for your loss. I love that your young son was able to speak at the service. I don’t think I could have done that. Take care, (((2stupid))).

My condolences to you on the loss of your dear mom.

I am so sorry 😦

(hugs)

• designernailsdiana says:

I’m so sad for your loss. Mom’s are such a blessing to their Grandchildren as well. It’s so touching that your 8 yr old son spoke of his Grandma at her funeral. Hugs and prayers for you all as you experience the letting go and embrace the wonderful memories.
      I’ll be saying a special prayer for your son Saturday.
      Blessings,
      Diana

2Stupid I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom. Bless you and your family.

• trudie says:

So sorry for your loss. It is so hard.

Oh my 2Stupid, my deepest condolences to your whole family and yourself. I’m so sorry this happened around Mother’s Day. 😦
      Thank you for reminding us to appreciate.

You are blessed with your child. Prayers for you ❤

((((2stupid))))

*hugs 2stupid really hard* – I am so sorry for your loss – you and all your care shall be in my prayers – I have no doubt that your Mother was so very proud of her Grandson that day – children truly do learn what they live, and I believe that from you and your Mom your son has already learned grace, faith and the simple act of not being afraid to openly show your love for someone – we often forget that tomorrow is not promised and that life itself is so very fragile – we hold in our thoughts of love, our pride in our loved ones accomplishments, our very dreams for them thinking the time is not right to say it, or perhaps we worry that we will sound foolish – your son reminded all of you – and through you all of us – that there is no right time – it is always the right time and we should embrace it fully every chance we get –

Your Mother must have been an exceptional woman to have raised such a wonderful daughter – her grace lives on through you and through your son – I will be praying for him on the event of his First Communion – may God be with you always – much love – shamrock

*hugs 2stupid really hard*

• AZGirl says:

I love this time of year on FB. First Communion, Graduations, Prom and wedding pictures.

• 2Stupid says:

Thanks everyone. I wanted to share with you all since I had told you she was ill. It’s nice to have this place to come for comfort.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I’m glad you were inclined to update us…this certainly is a special place. Give yourself some personal time, if you can, even in a small way in the weeks to come.

10. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Giggles. Too cute!

11. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Has Ramona lost her mind?! She tweets this and doesn’t reference the correct Kristen (Taekman).
    [Twitter link was deleted from the blog]

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

She deleted it…for good reason…she needs to get a grip!

Soaking wet? Pulease . . . I get more wet during one of my hot flashes.

Bwahahaha!

• designernailsdiana says:

Amen Husker (says DND as she turns her desk fan on ….. again!!!)

Oooo I remember those days, I went through menopause early, in my late 30’s. Am pretty much done, now that I have all the other medical stuff, I tend to stay on the chilly side now, don’t know which is worse. That CraggyOldBitchDrunkenRamona probably was all hot and bothered by HER menopause and like you said, probably had we hair more from that and sweating in the sun, than some random splash from Kristen. Oh and lest we forget this is the SECOND time she has thrown something at Kristen!! She hates her, because she is Young and pretty and CraggyOldBitchDrunkenRamona has a husband that likes to screw girls that look like Kristen, and again, LotharioMario has been screwing around on CraggyOldBitchDrunkenRamona for years, it’s just now he got caught and their “secret” is out about his wandering!

HA!

HA!!! 😀

Really you CraggyOldBitchDrunkenRamona, whether it was PLASTIC(that you so nicely made sure to put in caps) or not, throwing it at someone’s face or head is ASSAULT! Plastic can do a lot of damage especially if it’s a good quality plastic! She is an idiot! They can throw around the words BULLY and VERBALLY RAPED(which is a made up stupid phrase) but when someone is actually PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED they act like it’s no big deal! I know that CraggyOldBitchDrunkenRamona is getting raked over the coals out there over the incident and frankly I still think Kristen should have filed charges! Ser

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Hi TT! What Ramona did by throwing a glass at Kristen’s face was just so disgusting but I’m not surprised one bit by her behavior…..this is the same Ramona from Season 1. People just hated Jill so much that Ramona got away with being trashy and abrasive. Ramona should’ve given a sincere apology and just say sorry for being bat shit crazy and for cutting her lip. That wasn’t a knee jerk reaction!!

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Hi Foxy! I agree Ramona got away with being abrasive before and there is NO excuse for this behavior. I saw the First Look and it looks like the Ramona show, picks up where it left off. The funniest thing, at least for me, was when Luann realizes that Kristen’s lip is cut, Luann’s voice is heard saying “well you’re going to have to GET HER BACK!” 😆

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

I didn’t hear that!! You know Luann is loving this! She’s coming out looking sane and Ramona crazy. I want to see how she milks her horrible childhood in this episode. The only thing I agree with is that they shouldn’t go to places that is too hot. Let’s see how Ramotional she gets tonight. Lol

• missusmc says:

Lets just say for a minute that this WAS just a knee jerk reaction and people need to back off because Kristen started it. I seem to remember, just 7 days before that, watching Ramona flip her lid because Kristen, REACTING to Ramona throwing champagne on her, splashed her with water. Ramona didn’t accept that Kristen splashed her while reacting, but she expects everyone to say it’s okay that she bloodied Kristen’s lip because she was reacting? Total crazy hypocrisy. I hate that she has ruined my favorite franchise and I hope she is replaced next season.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Yes. The ridiculous “she started it”, ha ha. It’s been my observation that Kristen walked in innocent-eyed and well accepted to this group but for some reason it’s clear that Ramona hated her from the get go.

Remember with Beverly Hills, in walks happy, doe-eyed Joyce and Brandi hated her right off the bat?! Seems similar and in either case we didn’t see evidence why all the negativity.

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Good point! Also, let’s say it wasn’t her intention to hurt her. When she saw it DID hurt her and she WAS bleeding, she still didn’t give a damn. A normal reaction would be, “oh shit, I’m so sorry!!”

• missusmc says:

Even an. “Oops! I’m so clumsy!” Would have been better than the “you deserve it for existing” she gave kristen!

And why empathize PLASTIC? That doesn’t matter. She shouldn’t have thrown it, tossed it or whatever.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Exactly. And I would like to say that when you listen to that scene it sounds like glass breaking!!!

So did Bravo embellish or Ramona is lying. I tend to think Bravo sound effects, if it was Plastic. But I am suspicious why Ramona wasn’t offering the plastic ‘defense’ earlier.

Honestly I NEED TO KNOW IF ITS PLASTIC

I DO I think at raging pool parties drinks may have been tossed in the pool and who the eff uses glass around a pool or water?

Hmmmm

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Doesn’t matter if it was plastic, glass or whatever, it cut her lip!!

I don’t get that ??? Unless it’s those sharp plastic ones that I know we used to use in the early 00’s and 90’s ….. That are a sharp- edged?

I think they don’t make those anymore ….

I don’t know.

• missusmc says:

We had cheap plastic champagne flutes for New Years and they had a sharp place on the lip. Kind of like where the plastic pieces connected. Not sure if that makes sense, but I could see how it could hurt if thrown from a short distance like that. Regardless, Ramona is snowing a pattern of lashing out and then blaming the Person she is lashing out at. Not cool.

12. MM in OC says:

Did anyone watch the Vanderpump special on E. She’s so Vanderfabulous!! I want to be Lisa when I grow up (except I’ll wear red instead of pink).

Yes!!! Watched it with my daughter. We loved it!

You skedaddled in the nick of time, it’s gonna be 105 in the Valley by Wednesday!

It was hard to say goodbye to her and the PERFECT weather I got to enjoy!!!! 105? Egads!!!!

I watched this morning mm. I really enjoyed it. (I know, I admit I like LV, almost all the time, snark, warts, giggles, and all). I thought Gilianna did a great job, and I like the interation with Ken and her son and her daughter also. And all the pictures of Lisa in days gone by. I want her closet and bathroom when I grow up. lol

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Yes! So Vanderfabulous! That was a very feel good thing to watch and was a more compete background than you will find otherwise. think she and Ken overplayed the not having sex humor too often, which I don’t so much believe all that….but they play off one another so wonderfully. They are simply charming.

I loved when Giuliana asked did she think any of the women on the show were jealous of her popularity (or success) and Lisa replied “Have you seen the show?!”

13. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Welcome back Lainey…I bet I know what you said when you arrived in Austin…
    “My Hair!!!!”

Oh yeahhhh….I got a humidity perm as soon as I walked out of the air conditioning! Haha. Shiny face, too. #istillLoveTexas

Welcome back Lainey hope you had a blast ! Did you go there last Mother’s Day too? I feel like you did. …

Cute tradition !

Thanks, Chismosa! Noooo, last year I went for her bday! I had a wonderful time!!! We both cried at the airport…we are so goofy.

That’s right – for something.

No maybe for christmas or New Years ? Some holiday ….

Maybe I’m crazy

Wow, even I hadn’t noticed that every time I’ve gone we are celebrating something. Her b-day last year, Christmas, and now Mother’s Day. We sure do have a good time every time!

14. T-Rex says:

WHOA! Don’t know if anyone posted about this, but did anyone see the video of Solange Knowles, Beyonce’s crazy ass sister trying to beat up Jay-Z in an elevator after the Met Ball? I have heard stories of her Bi-polar disorder and she has admitted to having ADHD, but the video was cray cray. Oh and Beyonce just stood there, not sure I would have done anything either, they let the bodyguard take over and restrain her crazy ass.

• missusmc says:

A lot of people are reading into B standing there like a Jay Z deserved it (because apparently it’s the in thing to blame the victim these days), but if I looked that fabulous and knew photographers were waiting outside? I would stay out of it too! You’re right about Solanges past issues- she seems a little unhinged. That or she heard there was an opening for the Atlanta housewives 🙂

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

ROTFL “…she heard there was an opening for the Atlanta housewives.”

Past issues …. Whoa I must look this up !

I wonder if Bey and Jay will pay to hush things up. Or will things come to light.

• missusmc says:

She’s a bit of a loose cannon and has gone off on a reporter for basically no reason at all (I’m too lazy to YouTube it, but it’s out there) and she’s constantly tweeting crazy stuff and deleting it. There’s a lot more (dlisted has been calling her out on her ridiculousness for years) but I’m too tired to look it up and type it.

LOL don’t worry, thank you …..

I watched the tape. Very interesting.

Jay finally lost it at the end and was telling B to calm her sister down.
            And how STUPID is this bodyguard letting Beyoncé exit 1st and then Jay z and S. Um amateur ??

Jay and B have been at all the nets home games looking great. Crazy situation.

I was JUST about to ask about this!

I have to go view the film.

But ANYTHING to take attention away from KK and KW and her 30th wedding I do welcome.

I didn’t know solange had mental issues ???
      I love her song Losing You and I love her fashion sense. Her son is absolutely gorgeous. I feel so bad !
      I need to watch this.

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

I saw it, T-Rex! I wish we could hear the audio. Maybe Beyonce’s sister knows about him fooling around? I know that’s what I’d do to my BIL. J/K 😉

Oooooooh snap.
        Really ! Yeah I’d go after my sister’s husband …

• jezzibel says:

I remember she had her son very young(when she was barely 17 or so I seem to remember)I remember some dj’s were talking about it, yea those many long years ago when I used to listen to the morning radio in san diego.

15. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Lainey, I took the liberty of deleting the tweet that you had there that didn’t link.

Yeah, girl, my hair is clown ready, lol. I drove by Kerby Lane Cafe this afternoon and thought of you…..AND instantly got hungry! 😉

16. Jan (TexasTart) says:

MTH – you are funny with nicknames; “Depends and Pampers”

17. nyc mama says:

I hope everyone is well.

I haven’t been posting but reading when I can. I have been happily Bravo free since BH ended but saw this today. I don’t know if it was posted already but Lisa’s new bar is opening this week and here are some pictures. She did an amazing job. Love the olive trees.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Hi NYC Mama! I posted an LA Times link about PUMP, but this is far better with the gallery of photos! WOW just look at all of Lisa’s creative detail….extremely unique!!! Thanks for posting.

Thanks for this !

I could see them doing another spinoff at this restaurant. The chef is that crazy bitch from Next food network star, Penny Davidi and she has been trying to get on reality TV, she is supposed to be an Excellent Chef, however she BSC. Those pics show that the place would be awesome for Wedding Receptions and Bridal parties, it’s outside area is just SO gorgeous, so I could totally see them filming a spinoff there. LisaV and Ken certainly know how to create a restaurant that’s for sure!

• MM in OC says:

This is odd because it’s supposed to be a gay bar. This looks nothing like a gay bar, or any bar. It’s another restaurant. HELLO!!???

18. MM in OC says:

Where has rebecca been? Did she see the great dragon shot on GOT?? Very important!

Yeah she is gone and I’m surprised VV wasn’t rising up from the ashes because of Lisa’s show on E and the new place opening

VV📣📣📣🔉🔉🔉