The Real Housewives of New York City – The Ramona Trap

Bm_y1f7CMAEO5j1.jpg largeBy EMPRESSOFAIKEN

The ladies who didn’t go to the Hamptons on a friend’s plane are waking up with hangovers.  A yoga instructor shows up and the group tries to hold the poses, but their night of drinking, along with Sonja’s bout of flatulence make it impossible to do much more than rest in the child’s pose.  It’s time to leave.

Back in the city, Carole is getting her hair and makeup done for a photo shoot for an article that will feature her in Bella magazine.  LuAnn calls and Carole invites her to the salon so that she can pick up some etiquette tips for a piece she’s doing for Town and Country magazine, called “Manners and Misdemeanors”.   LuAnn arrives and offers some pointers on gift giving.  Hostess gifts should be labor free, meaning no flowers that require finding a vase.  Wine and candles are always welcome.  When it comes to guys you’re dating, a book, a massage or some cologne are good ideas, depending on whether you’ve had sex or not.  The article appeared in the October issue and, if you’re interested, you can read it here – Gift Return Etiquette – Town & Country Magazine

Ramona Singer

The first order of business for the group is to have the intervention they planned for Ramona and they meet at a restaurant with plans on how to keep her from running away.  LuAnn will play the role of linebacker or defensive end or some other football position and throw Ramona to the ground if she makes any moves towards the door.  After she tackles Ramona, the other ladies will tie her hands and feet making it impossible for her to reach her cell phone and call for a friend to rescue her.   With their scheme in order, Ramona arrives and LuAnn and Heather head to the ladies’ room so that Ramona has to slide into the booth.  When they return, having accomplished the first part of the caper, they sit down and the confrontation begins.  In turn, the ladies tell Ramona how they felt about her hightailing it out of the Berkshires without any notice and lying to them about the reason.  She says that she really did feel uncomfortable in the woods and had to leave before she suffered a breakdown from which she might never return.  In her talking head, Sonja commented on the fact that Ramona’s PTSD could conveniently come and go in the blink of an eye.  Ramona finally agreed that she needed to work on some of her anger issues, but said, in her talking head, that she would have told them anything they wanted to hear just to get out of there and away from their incessant scolding.

Kristen is at home, awaiting the therapist for Kingsley who had yet to walk.  Josh is there and he admits that he’d rather be at a business meeting.   Things between them continue to go downhill, even after the therapist arrives.  Josh keeps checking his cell and answering emails, while Kristen glares at him.  She asks him to get more engaged with Kingsley’s therapy but he says that he can multitask.   When he steps away to take another call, Kristen follows him, and they bicker some more.  She’s upset that he’s never home, never surprises her with flowers and he tells her that he would come home earlier if dinner was on the table once in a while.   He has a business to run and she wants the same romance they enjoyed before the kids and the business existed.  They aren’t all that different from any other relatively newly married couple with the same demands and complaints.   Husbands and/or wives with careers often spend too much time at work, leaving their partners at home to tend to the children and the house.  They both just need to realize that.  And yes, the occasional bouquet and dinner at 7 help.  Cheap shots don’t.

Ramona Singer

Ramona is working out in her bedroom when her husband, Mario, walks in.  She tells him all about the treatment she received at the hands of the other ladies and he just nods and listens – or not.  He agrees with everything she says – the ladies don’t understand, Ramona doesn’t need therapy and the woods are a bad place because of poison ivy.   Sometimes, when a husband says “yes dear”, it’s for all the wrong reasons.  She hugs him and they have some wine.  Their marriage, according to Ramona, is a success.  Marriage and success, like everything else, is all relative.

LuAnn and Jacques have set Carole up on a date with an actor, Nick Gregory and they all meet for drinks and dinner.  Carole says that she’s met Nick before and Googled him prior to their date but got his name wrong.   Jacques asks the waiter for a pen and paper so that he can rate Carole on her dating skills.  They’re pretty bad, especially for a woman who wrote a book on the subject, as LuAnn pints out.  Somehow the conversation turned to the subject of orgasms – not what one would expect for a first date, but what do I know.  I haven’t dated since the Renaissance.  LuAnn says that, with a little practice, Carole’s dating may improve, as it can’t get much worse.Ramona Singer

Ramona and Kristen have a date for tea and to talk about the glass throwing incident.  When Kristen arrives, Ramona gets up to hand her a bouquets of yellow roses – see, Josh, that’s how it works.   By the way, yellow roses signify friendship and the start of a new beginning.  I wonder if Ramona knew that when she picked them out.   She then apologizes to Kristen, telling her that what she did was awful, embarrassing and out of character for her.  Kristen isn’t having it, though, and tells Ramona that no one has ever thrown anything in her face before.  She asks Ramona if she had too much to drink or maybe needs some anger management therapy.   Ramona says that she doesn’t have any issues and begins to look at her watch.  She tells Kristen that she won’t be staying long enough to order anything and is going to meet Avery.  When Kristen tells her that she always has somewhere to go, Ramona responds in a way which makes Kristen sound like a bad mother.  Okay, that probably wasn’t necessary – or nice.  Kristen, finally, acknowledges that Ramona appears remorseful.  She also says that if Ramona wasn’t, she’d be a monster.  Ramona says that she’s been called a lot of things but never a monster and Kristen says that there’s a first time for everything.  I can’t tell if this is resolved or not.  I hope so, because it’s gone on too long already.

Aviva is off her suspension and will be back next week – and she’s bringing her dad.  Great.

Empress

_________________________

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of New York. Bookmark the permalink.

147 Responses to The Real Housewives of New York City – The Ramona Trap

Happy hump day! I didn’t watch NY but I’m watching WWHL. Heather is funny! I got two tweets, just made me smile

2. LaineyLainey says:

Empress, you are so funny! I enjoyed the blog immensely,…and I’m not even watching the show!. the renaissance? You made me lol

Thank you for the recap. If it was on TV here, I wouldn’t be able to understand it – although I’d still watch for the bad acting.

4. Happy Wednesday! I went to bed so didn’t see MM in OC’s comment until this morning – good luck with interviews and no ink and kind of grossed out by it. I was getting a blood work done in the lab and there were some “Ink” show contestants that were getting there blood work done too (must be requirement of show) and maybe you are right it was strangely interesting like going by an accident and not being able to look away.

• MM in OC says:

Thanks!!!

SJP that may be to check for hepatitis since you can get it if tattoo artist don’t use clean needles. I never thought of that, that “ink” contestants would have to have blood tests.

Good morning everyone. Turned off the tv when Mario came into the bedroom. It really makes me sick knowing that guy was sleeping with someone else while filming.
    I am really having problems with Kristen’s husband. He is arrogant and rude. He does not respect Kristen and that makes me really angry.

• PJ says:

Kristen’s husband doesn’t listen to her at all, I think she would be happy if he just listened because it would at least validate her feelings instead of just dismissing them. As for Mario although I don’t condone his cheating after seeing Ramona in action this season I understand it, it would be difficult to be married to a person like Ramona.

Well for the record and from everything we now know, OldCraggyBitchDrunkenRamona doesn’t mind kissing on her philandering husband, as LetharioMario has been cheating for YEARS and she KNEW all about those affairs. She got pissed at this one because he wasn’t “careful” and was parading her in front of everyone out in the Hamptons, which OldCraggyBitchDrunkenRamona “owns” as she has stated basically that a few times now. Plus this mistress went to the tabloids as she is BSC, uhm something she has in common with OldCraggyBitchDrunkenRamona, and that’s a no-no, this one didn’t apparently get the memo that you have to Schtoop LetarioMario on the “downlow” like all his other mistresses.

AZGirl I keep saying it. Josh is an ass.

• Boobah says:

I agree. As of this episode, I don’t like him or how he treats his wife/family.

Good morning everyone. Itsss hump day. We’re getting crazy storms today. I hope you all have better weather in your neck of the woods.
    LOL yes Line backer shoulders Lu had Ramona trapped. How pathetic was that scene w/Ramona & Mario? Ramona told Mario her version. LOL.
    Everyone be good & have a great day.

I only got in the last half of RHNY. Ramona looked like she had been on a two-week bender at the intervention. Obviously she’s in the throes of Mario’s affair mixed with Avery leaving for college and it shows big time. I hope she took some of what was said to heart. Time will tell. We all know she left to catch Mario in the act and obviously she can’t say that (or probably even admit it to herself as well), so she blames it on her rotten childhood.

Mr. Josh – you have a very good job that you work very hard at and because of that, you can afford to live the life you do without having your wife work outside of the home as well. How all of us would love to be in Kristen’s position. But really Josh, you can’t take 30 lousy minutes out of your day and give your wife and child some support? There’s something much more here in this marriage that we haven’t seen yet.

I thought Ramona gave Kristen a very good apology and I felt it was quite sincere. But Kristen came at her with guns ablazing. I can understand Kristen wanting to know why Ramona has such feelings about her, but she certainly could have asked her in more calm manner. Personally I think Kristen reminds Ramona of someone Mario is probably or has probably fooled around with and it’s a painful reminder to her. Not Kristen’s fault at all, but Ramona can’t help herself.

Carol and her date – now that was painful. She comes off quite skittish. I would think she would be a bit more mature, but obviously not.

It’s a beeyoutiful day in mid America. Hope those storms don’t get too bad for you Powell. I love a good thunderstorm as long as there is no damage. Only three more days until my holiday weekend – can’t wait! Happy humpty dumpty Wednesday to all!

• PJ says:

I don’t know if assaulting someone is something you can just say you’re sorry for and move on and I’m not really understanding why people are expecting this from Kristen. Ramona has thrown wine in Kristen’s face twice, a glass at her face once, and attempted to hit her in the face with an oar, and Kristen is supposed to accept the apology? I’m just not getting why Kristen is supposed to accept an apology from someone who has displayed violent tendencies toward her. This does not happen in normal interactions with people, has anyone ever been with a group of so called friends and suddenly one of them threw a glass of wine in their face? I’ve never even witnessed anything like that. Kristen has every right to be angry and to ask why Ramona would behave in such a violent manner toward her. In these reality shows I can handle a little snark but when it comes to any kind of physical violence that’s crossed a line. Ramona crossed a line and Kristen does not have to accept the apology, which I don’t even really believe is sincere but then at this point I don’t believe anything about Ramona is sincere.

• Sam says:

I totally agree with you. It baffles me that people are criticizing Kristen for not accepting Ramona’s apology given the seriousness of what Ramona did, along with that display of smirks and eye rolls while she was ‘apologizing’ and the fact that her words and actions immediately after the incident made it obvious she’s not really sorry it happened. Clearly Ramona only met with Kristin because she was getting pressured to do so and was mindful that if she didn’t try to make amends it would further diminish her image. Plus she has obviously learned (most likely from her father) that giving a woman a bouquet of flowers is an easy way to placate her in order to gain a respite before the next round of abuse.

So yeah, Kristin’s right; Ramona needs therapy and/or anger management classes or she’s going to lash out again, possibly with much more serious consequences next time.

I didn’t say that Kristen had to accept the apology (oh, maybe I did hint at it), but I would have wished that she could have taken this opportunity to discuss the situation in a more calm manner and to get Ramona to answer her concerns in a likewise calm manner. When Kristen raised her voice and her eyes were looking a bit wild (ala Ramona), there was no way that Ramona was going to answer any of her concerns, because Kristen really wasn’t giving her an opportunity to speak. Obviously Kristen’s feelings were still quite raw. It just could have been a different outcome if calmer minds had prevailed on both sides.

• Sam says:

Ah, but I don’t think Bravo wants minds to be calmer! I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody ratcheted Kristen up prior to filming. It probably wouldn’t have taken much to get her as worked up prior to her lunch with Ramona as she was when the injury first happened.

(So yes, I agree with you that things would have gone better if Kristen had spoken in an even tone of voice.)

Husker Ramona pissed me off but she did give Kristen a heartfelt apology. I kept saying “Kristen accept the apology”, but she kept going. That’s why this won’t end because Kristen wants to continue to go at Ramona.

And good point Husker cuz Ramona said “something about you I don’t like”. I tweeted Alex last night cuz that’s the same thing Ramona said to Alex &Simon before she got to know them and started liking them.

8. Jules says:

i think Josh is involved with his kids. He and Kristen both said he get them up in the morning. I don’t think Josh and Kristen see each other in the morning. and agree with him that there is no reason to come home if there is now dinner. Perhaps they have never talked about this is what I do for the family and this is what you do for the family. She certainly wanted the diamond earrings he works to afford.

• Kristen is competing with her husband instead of trying to be his partner. Being married doesn’t mean that everything is fair and equal, but it does even out over time. That whole thing about who gets up earlier with the kids sounded silly. I think Josh has heard this kind of whining before and is tired of it. She’s coming across as very needy and I’m starting to understand why she’s friends with Brandi.

I don’t like her, she’s too aggressive for me, she appears to be an in your face type of person. That’s probably why her and Brandi are friends and I don’t like her either, same with yoyo. I don’t like in your face people.

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Empress, very wise! I love your second sentence!! 🙂

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Perfectly said, Jules! That is a very big help to not have to wake up that early most days of the week. I think Kristen should start cooking just one meal a week for the family, and perhaps Josh would counter with more appreciation.

How about she cook everyday, who feeds those kids? She doesn’t work, since when does a stay at home mom not cook dinner for her family.

• EVERYDAY??? WTH???? LOL!!! People eat everyday???? HAHA!!! I can remember sitting in my neighbor’s kitchen and we started listing what to make for dinner and we were laughing so hard because we got to the point that if we added “and a salad” it was dinner!!

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Baby steps, Mrs Peabody. Pit can be hard from never cooking to cooking everyday. 😉

• MelTheHound says:

I think if Kristin stopped nagging the guy for 30 seconds, he might want to come home.. The one thing I never heard mentioned during her complaining about him wanting to be there for the kid, in the middle of his work day, was commute time. Honestly I’m tired of her complaining and I don’t even have to deal with it.

• Shiny says:

did you notice that he said ‘take 2 hours out of my day’, then he said “take 3 hours out of my day’? Either filming took longer, or he’s the type who keeps arguing his own side stronger and stronger.

• MelTheHound says:

yes, I saw it.. Truthfully, I think they’re both full of shit. His job is to provide her lifestyle. Hers is to accept and live it. When one interferes with the other, Fireworks.

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Exactly!! I wonder what Kristen would do if her husband said, get a job and we’ll split the house, kids etc. duties and I’ll be home more often?? Can’t have everything! She’s so whiny I can’t stand her!

• Under My Wheels says:

When you start keeping score in any relationship, it’s OVER.

• Sam says:

No reason to come home if there’s no dinner? Really? For many husbands, being with their wife and children is a terrific reason to come home all on its own.

• Shiny says:

He came off enjoying his work world far more than wife/kids world. He blames that on her nagging and not cooking, but really it’s him as the initial cause of it. He prefers grown-ups to kids and wife, but can’t say that, of course, so he makes it worse.
        Somehow I doubt he does much with the kids when he is up with them early – seems like a dad with something else always in front of his face.

• Sam says:

Shiny, I agree with everything you said! And I share your doubt that the guy is truly ‘there’ when he’s minding the kids. It’s clear he’s just not into them.

9. SoutheastVA says:

Hi everyone. Hope you all have a great day!

Caution – Big Spoiler for anyone who has not read “A Storm of Swords” or “A Feast for Crows”

For the Game of Thrones fans, have you seen this? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/20/game-of-thrones-spoiler-instagram_n_5358894.html

10. Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Wonderful Blog, Empress!!

I hope everyone’s having a great day!

Watching Kristen’s and Josh’s scene together…..I think there is much more to it and I think if Kristen last two more seasons, then we’ll see what leads up to their divorce.
    I am no marriage expert, but I stay home with my two kids and one of them has autism and requires therapy. I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with them and not have to work, but taking care of my children is MY full time gig. I wake every single morning up and take my son to school with my other little one in tow. I cook, clean, oversee the therapy at home etc, etc. do I wish I could have more help? Of course, but I have to understand that my husband HAS to work. He does so much with our kids during the weekend which makes me feel great! I would feel like a shitty wife if I expected him to come to my son’s therapy knowing he has to be at work. So, what do I do? I show him what the therapist does with our son. And I also take pride in feeling(most days) that I am strong enough to do everything that needs to be done at home.
    In my opinion, I think Kristen is very spoiled. This is just my opinion and I think that couples really need to understand what they’re getting themselves into before getting married and choosing roles. would Kristen prefer to live outside the city and have to have a full time job and not be able to afford her luxuries? You gotta take the good with the bad….
    I also thought the scene with her and Ramona was interesting. Kristen wanted to stay mad and not move on. She should’ve just accepted the apology from RaCrazy and just keep in mind for the future how she operates. Kristen really bugs me……

Carole was so cute during her date, and I’m sure she was just nervous because it was being filmed.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

I agree with you. I think Kristen is spoiled too. She needs to grow up and realize her husband has a job outside the home. I worked outside the home while my kids were growing up but I still did all the things a stay at home mom did, I took care of the inside (laundry, dinners, appts for kids, anything kid related) of the home and my husband the outside (yard, cars, etc). Those were our home jobs. Seems to me Kristen just wants husband to be like the guy he was when they dated and had no kids. It’s time for her to grow up and realize the roles have changed and she is the person staying at home during the day and she is going to have to take care of the things that come up at home.

• MM in OC says:

I think my problem with that scene is it was being filmed for TV. They both embarrassed themselves and he should have been paying attention. Otherwise, why did he bother to show up in the first place?

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Exactly, MM. Maybe if Kristen had waited until after the therapist (and film crew) left, things wouldn’t have been so bad. She kept going on and on, and even went after him, and kept going on, and on. I can see him having a sharp tongue, though.

Hi melcita- hope your son is doing well. You have two boys right?

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Hello Chismosita!! My oldest is doing great!! Moving forward nicely. My youngest son will be two next month. Time is just going so fast. Thank you for the well wishes, I truly appreciate it.

How are you doing? How is NYC treating my girl? 🙂

Two next month >>>> so young wow !

Sound adorable. Hope Florida is ok weather-wise.
          We’re pretty humid up here. Expecting rain.

Be well – happy to hear your kids are good

11. Empress, great blog!!
    I didn’t understand why you would give a guy you were dating a gift, the pleasure of my company is a gift in itself. Carole is the worst dater, like watching a train wreck. She is no Princess! The scene with Mario and Ramona was uuuuber uncomfy…..yikes!!! AND…..

In the real world if someone treated you like Ramona treated Kristen there would probably be no more interaction. A lot of people think that once someone says they are “sorry” that the person harmed needs to move on, but saying “sorry” usually only makes the perpetrator feel better, not the injured party.

Saying sorry is the least the person should do, it is the BEGINNING of a “process” of forgiveness…. Sorry is not a magic word or magic wand that makes everything better and takes away the hurt and pain…. Just because the person is ready to say “sorry” doesn’t mean the “harmed” is ready to forgive.

Hearing an apology helps to then process the emotions and decide, “Is this person sincere, is this a person I want to continue to be in a relationship.” Do I think Ramona was sincere, probably, but because she was embarrassed by her behavior only, she will do it again, no doubt….

But it would take me a long while to forgive someone who threw a glass of wine at me and split my lip. Of course sitting in a jail cell contemplating what I did to them afterwards would give me time to “process” my emotions, HAHAHAHA!!!

I think she should accept the apology and keep Ramona at arm’s distance until she can feel safe with her but at the same time know that throwing water at Ramona is not a good idea and learn from that. I don’t think what Ramona did was right but Kristen was not innocent in the whole thing either. I can see not expecting that reaction from Ramona at the spa but given she had already seen it at the spa maybe she should have thought twice before splashing her at the lake. I personally do not want anyone splashing me either and if I had told people I didn’t want my hair to get wet I expect them to honor that and not splash water on me. Would I react like Ramona, no but I would not be friendly to them the rest of the trip either. I don’t remember seeing Ramona ever act like that before so I don’t really think she would again.

• She already saw the reaction from Ramona at the spa…..now the oar, thank goodness she didn’t get that oar in full motion!!! But if Kristen accepted the apology what would she have as her story line for the next few episodes??? lol I think Ramona, during this time period of filming, is really on the edge, you are right, I have never seen her react violently in the past…

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Hey Pindy! Have you tried out the new solar panel heating in the pool yet?? 🙂

• Not yet, I keep dipping my toe in and I have been a little crazy the last couple of days helping my son “bag” the tile and dry wall from the Master Bathroom….And of COURSE it has been cold here the last couple of days…. 😦 (In my mind could is under 80) hahaha!!

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Perhaps in a couple weeks when the weather gets a little warmer. Keep us posted. Maybe you can do a before and after shot of the bathroom?

My neighbor has a pool and told us to use it any time. Lol yeah, I’m just going to stop by after I put my kids down for a quick dip while she watches me from her home.

12. cusi77 says:

Great Blog Empress! I love your recap… I was mad at Kristen’s husband but your view help me realize that (If this is not bad acting) it is not far from what young couples with kids live nowadays.
    I still think that Carol is inappropriate in what she shares -pretending to be cool- and her clothes most of the time look like the clothes of my grandniece Camille who is 12!
    Mario and Ramona… sad to watch knowing what it was coming on their way…
    I am liking the countless this Season… go figure!
    I enjoyed this RHONY Episode and much more after reading your Blog Empress! Thank you!

• How is our Sophia?

• cusi77 says:

Thank God Sofia is doing great, Pindy! The surgery was a success! Praying she will not need Chemo anymore EVER! Thank you Guys for been so supportive… I can’t tell you how much your support help me going through… Happy tears now…

why did Luann and the French Ross break up anyway? Anyone know?

• Aw, thanks, cusi. I was just thinking about how my marriage has gone when I watched Kristen and Josh. My husband and I worked different shifts so that one of us would be home for the kids. Depending on who was home, dinner, homework, housework and after school activities were taken care of by either one of us. We found time for each other on our days off and would take the occasional trip away to regroup and rekindle the romance part. It wasn’t always easy but we’re still together after nearly 36 years, so something must have worked.
      Kristen and Josh haven’t learned how to talk these things out yet.

• Sam says:

No, I don’t think it’s what young couples with kids live with nowadays. My daughter-in-law is a stay-at-home mom, but my son takes over childcare when he gets home from work in order to give her a break, and both of them share the cooking/clean-up duties even on weeknights. This is the norm among their friends with children too.

And even when I was a young mother it would have been considered a sign of serious problems if a husband were as little involved in his children’s lives as Josh appears to be. His daughter still isn’t walking at 17 months and he can be bothered to participate in just one of her therapy sessions? If I had been married to a man like that we wouldn’t have stayed married long.

13. MelTheHound says:

Kristen, has already worn my last nerve raw with this ‘apology’ and whether or not it was done properly. In fact ALL of these houwsewives have.

Empress Josh is just an ass. I don’t see their marriage lasting because he feels what he does is more important than what Kristen does. If it weren’t for Kristen he couldn’t do what he does. And he just likes to hear his own voice.

• He may very well be, Powell. On the flip side, though, Kristen couldn’t enjoy the lifestyle she does if it weren’t for his work. I’m also trying to take Bravo’s good edit/bad edit into account to give both of them the benefit of the doubt.

• MM in OC says:

I don’t understand why these folks continue to have kids if they don’t want to spend adequate time with them.

thanks for the blog Empress!! – I was watching CMA salutes the Troops last night and would switch over to NY every so often – GREAT show last night – watching Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban Toby Keith and so many others performing with military personnel – incredibly touching – but I found myself crying while watching it just the same – I am so very proud of our Military –

Kristen is getting on my nerves – Ramona apologized – it was almost as if she wanted Ramona to get down on her knees and beg forgiveness – enough already – you knew she did not want to get her hair wet after the spa incident, yet you ignored that on the lake – tells me that you just don’t care too much about what matters to others – Ramona’s hair getting wet does not seem like the worst thing in the world, but to Ramona – and keep in mind she was dealing with the knowledge that her husband was carrying on with another woman – her looking great was very important and she knew she would be on camera – seen by all including her husband and the twinkie/twinkies that he was/is messing with – when Ramona did apologize she should have simply said thank you and taken it as a lesson learned about Ramona – with that said – I agree about what her storyline would be without the whole blow up over Ramona’s actions – which by the way I do not condone – I also have never see her act like that though –

Carole – still don’t care for her all that much – she was ridiculous at that dinner –

I did not see the whole thing with Kristen and her husband – I work days and my husband works nights – every marriage is a balancing act – it is hard enough when it is just you two, but when you have children the chances for missed conversations, dinners, even just sitting quietly increawe greatly – they need to understand that and stop blaming and start accepting that they both want the same thing – each other – and then work to make that happen instead of applying blame to each other – that solves nothing –

Don’t know if anyone watches Alex. I like Alex, don’t always agree with her, but I like her!

I’m going to watch – thanks for this!

Yup. Thks Ladebra. I love Alex but only watch when youse guys post it. 😀

Alex agrees w/Josh that he shouldn’t have interrupted his day since Kristen is at home. I don’t agree. If he told her he would be home he should have been there giving his undivided attention.
      Alex cracked me up that she doesn’t like yoga. Didn’t like it on HWs. Didn’t like it on couples therapy. 🙂

I was surprised kristen was good at the yoga she seemed to me like a woman who doesn’t have to work or tone up at all

• PJ says:

I love Alex but couldn’t disagree more about Josh, if he came home to be part of the therapy then he should have devoted himself to that.

My husband works-ALL THE TIME. He is a New York City Firefighter and he has a full time SECOND job-he works ALL THE TIME. He doesn’t do housework-no laundry no vacuum no bathroom cleaning. He doesn’t cook dinner-unless he gets home super late and then he only has to cook for himself. He never gets the girls ready for school and he never makes it to a parent/teacher conference unless there is some sort of lay off from his second job. He doesn’t always make the school play and has missed a spring concert or 2. He has never done bath time and almost never helps with homework. If something goes wrong with an appliance-I fix it-if I can’t fix it I find someone who can. If the house needs to be cleaned -I clean it. When dinner needs to be made-I make it. That’s our life-that’s the life we knew we would have when we decided to have kids-I would stay home and he would go to work. I’m not complaining-I’m just stating the facts. Owing a home and being able to always be home with my kids required this sort of deal. I knew it-I wanted it. He knew it’s what I always wanted-to be a mom. He lets me do my job and I let him do his-I don’t keep tabs on who does what because this was always the plan-for me to start complaining about it now would be not only silly but completely unfair. I don’t expect him to be able to do all the things that other husband/fathers do and neither do my girls. They know why Dad isn’t at every single thing they have-this is how they grew up and they understand it. They don’t feel cheated and they surely do not feel that their relationship with their Dad is suffering. It’s what they know. He spends all the time with them that he can and they never say it’s not enough. He makes it count and so do they.
    Kristen and her husband either never discussed their “plan” or if they did-Kristen doesn’t see the plan as working. What did she expect? She stays home with her kids-that’s not something a lot of mothers are able to do-with that comes some serious trade offs-you gotta learn to deal with it or change it-but for the love of all that is Holy-sort it out BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR A REALITY SHOW!!!

• shamrockblonde says:

*hugs Jill really hard* completely agree – please thank your husband for me Jill –

KUDOS TO YOU! Yes, you are a smart person who KNEW what you were getting when you got married! As I stated below, god forbid those two idiots Kristen and Josh face REAL medical issues in the future because their marriage will NOT survive, I don’t think it’s going to survive anyway. I think this will be another in a long line of HO-Wives divorces. They were dumbasses for going on Reality TV, but what do you expect of a BFF of The-Supreme-LIAR-STFUMORONBrandi!

Jill thanks again for your hubby and what he does for our great city!
      I didn’t realize he had a F/T 2nd job too. Go you mama….

And you put it perfectly. The way kristen was acting made it seem like somehow Josh said “hey I want to be more involved ” or something ? Why would she go after him?
      He is STARTING a business- in this economy I don’t know — he should have maybe stayed at his past fashion gigs. What a tough time to start a business. With a young young family.
      You’re right it seems they did not talk about this OR they had said some other things prior to the show and that is why he was trying to be involved ??? Because then why would kristen go after him ….?
      Fishy 🐟🐟

But Chismosa Josh us always going to be trying to grow that biz. When his son turns 10 Josh will be even more into his biz. So he’s going to continue to miss out and use the same lame excuses? I say lame cuz his family is not a priority. He’s always late for dinner w/her or friends. Biz can’t constantly be the excuse. It also sounds to me like he & his partner can’t prioritize the business.

If the business succeeds…..

Yes I agree on the excuses. He sounds like an only child/ oldest child to me or something the way he says little snotty things to his wife. The sarcastic comments.

• Thank you for a well thought out post. Life is about compromise and thanks for being a rational voice of reason. Also, I didn’t realize you were in NYC area so big thank you to your husband!

JNNTJ you and Kevin made the deal that this is how your family is going to work. Kristen & Josh just got married & then had kids & she would do a modeling gig here and there. That’s how their marriage seems to me. I remember this guy I worked w/ also was in the reserves. Went to Iraq. He is married w/2 kids and their deal was he worked, she was a stay at home mom. He told me he wished his wife would get a PT job but she didn’t want to. I told him that’s not the deal you made w/her. Now you want to change the arrangement. They didn’t have major financial issues like some couples in the same arrangements can have and then the wife needs to get a job to help the finances. He just wanted her to work. I guess he wore her down cuz she did eventually get a job at Target. She was very successful. Promoted to Mgr fairly quickly, but after a while wanted to quit. I don’t remember if she did quit. My point is you & my former co-worker and your spouses made a plan for how your family was going to work. Kristen and Josh better do something or they won’t make it.

And Kevin is out saving lives. I’m pretty sure Josh’s supplements aren’t going to save any lives so he can take 30 minutes out of his day to be involved in his daughter’s therapy session. I bet Kristen is getting a lot of “Josh is an asshole” on her blog. 🙂

• cusi77 says:

Very well put JNNTJ. Amazing wife and husband you two are. You two knew how you wanted your lives to be.

With Kristen and Josh last night I thought that they were probably acting for their story line… Happens that Josh had his undivided attention when he talked to Sonja and her notion of doing business… But then he comes to be present for his daughter therapy and the big a## guy is checking his phone.. Sheeshhhh! But she’s prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! IF true what they show, I can’t see those two married in 5 years from now…

18. T-Rex says:

I will follow with everyone here, look you all know I dislike OldCraggyBitchDrunkenRamona but if Kristen didn’t think it worthy of pressing “assault” charges to be hit in the face, then take her friggin apology for what it’s worth! Look OldCraggyBitchDrunkenRamona is a damaged, conceited individual and so full of herself that the apology she gave was a good as Kristen was going to get. Oh and I don’t buy the whole LetharioMario cheating crap as an excuse, that guy has been in more “kitties” since he has been married then a lot of single guys out there, he has been cheating for YEARS!.

Now as far as this idiot Kristen, whom I also don’t like, they have a child with medical issues, they need to get some marital counseling stat. I think Josh is an idiot, but I think Kristen is also extremely passive-agressive with her husband so he doesn’t know how to interact with her anymore. Let me tell you that god forbid either of them come down with a serious illness themselves, because I can tell you from experience it can take a real “toll” on a marriage. I thank my lucky stars everyday I got hooked up with MR. T-Rex, as he is the BOMB and my god the things he has to do and put up with since I got diagnosed with Cancer is unbelievable, I can see why marriages fail when one person gets sick in a relationship. My doc says that a lot of younger couples that go through a medical problem like mine don’t stick it out, the healthy spouse ends up leaving the sick spouse, they even highly recommend therapy for the couples. This couple has potentially a special needs child, who may just need some therapy now when he is young and can possibly “grow” out of the problems he is having as some children do, and neither one knows really how to deal with their current situation though. Josh is hiding behind his work to get through and ignores the problem obviously, and Kristen wants the Josh she married before they had kids, well guess what Kristen once you have kids the relationship is NEVER going to be the same, you have to adjust to life with kids. Again these two either need to get into Marital counseling or we will see yet another Ho-Wives divorce!

• shamrockblonde says:

your husband is truly a good man, T-Rex – you are both blessed to have each other – when I was very young, I used to watch the Brady Bunch – remember that show? A half hour of a problem that was dealt with in a funny way and always solved by show’s end and all was well with the world – that is fantasy – not reality – marriage is hard work under the very best of circumstances – add in something unforseen, and it becomes that much more problematic – Kristen needs to understand that her married life is not the Brady Bunch – a half hour, diamond earrings, or the occasional flowers will not solve the problem and Josh needs to understand that dinner on the table is not the answer either – you need to be really strong to nuture and maintain a relationship under the best of circumstances – these two better take a good look at all that they have and all that they stand to lose – not to mention how their bickering is affecting their children – I assure you it is – priorities – theirs are all screwed up – *hugs T-Rex really hard* *hugs Mr. T-Rex really hard for taking such good care of our T-Rex*

Shamrock- I think a LOT of folks live by the Brady Bunch/Huxtables/FamilyTies version of what a “family” is like and it’s not all wrapped up in a quick half hour scenario, it takes a lot of work and COMPROMISE to make a “family” work out. From watching those two buffoons Kristen and Josh they have no CLUE how to make their marriage work, and clearly these two idiots care more for FAME than they do for FAMILY as they decided to parade their lives on TV and sold their SOULS to the BravoCompanyStore! They really do need serious marital counseling, or I would bet they will be divorced within a year. Josh is going to leave her ass, and then she is going to be Exactly like her BFF The-LIAR-SUPREME-MORONSTFUBrandi, without a pot to piss in basically, and a bit of Bravo money, looking for Mr GoodBar to come bail her out and take care of her, but this time she has baggage she is older and now has kids that come along with the package, not many Mr, GoodBars out there that want that deal.

• Illnesses really are the test of a marriage, aren’t they? How we deal with the role of caregiver defines us as true partners to our spouses.
      Bill from The Little Couple said it best when he said that what he did for Jenn when she was going through her cancer treatments wasn’t a decision on his part but what he knew he was supposed to do as a husband. You don’t even have to think about it when it’s a very natural, selfless, labor of love.

Empress, Mr T-Rex has said the same thing that it’s just what he was “supposed” to do, and that I would do the same for him if the tables were reversed, that’s just what you do when your spouse, who you love, comes down with an illness.

Good points TRex. And you’re very lucky to have your hubby. That’s why you’re even an extra strong dinosaur.

Your points are exactly why I’m so happy my parents were married for 11/12 years before they had kids… Something I envy ! Can’t be done today if you want to rush and get married and have kids in the age of infertility.

T-Rex I’m w/you on Kristen & Josh. I was like, “why are they arguing in front of the therapist > their daughter?”. They need counseling STAT! I think I’d have popped Josh if he spoke to me that way. She says he’s up when/the kids 4 days, he says 6. Well I don’t give a flying flip. 4, 6 they’re YOU’RE kids & I don’t care if you got up with/them 50 times. What does he want a father of the yr award? Idiot. Asshole.

I saw these last night. 2 of them??? They SUCK this year.
      I saw Lisa in one, Tamara I guess for OC, Sonja and Ramona for NY, some real estate guys, some top chef guys, some shahs – and some blonde I thought was Kim Z and other women on the diving board I didn’t know who the hell they were !

I didn’t know most of the people ! 👐

How did I miss that? 🙂

And of course ratings superstar patti S was on it.

She could get like 50,000 viewers and they’d still keep her on

She’s got to have something on Andy or her lawyer got her a Hellafied contract. What’s happened to all the show ideas Patti supposedly has thru her “production company”?

The blond is Kat from Below Deck and the two chicks on the seesaw thing are from that work out show Bravo aired a few months back

Thank you !
          I watch a lot of bravo and didn’t know haha.
          So no OC people ? Wait yes, I thought it was Danielle Staub exiting the limo but then figured it had to be Heather ???? I think

Yes it was Heather Dubrow -Tamra is also in it-with a blow dryer-WTF? Weird. This was only the first commercial-they usually have 3 or 4 different ones and then one big one with everyone-I think!!!

I saw maybe 15 minutes of the 1st epi of that workout show. It must have just had a few epis.

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

What does this circus bit have to do with summer? Don’t like it.

Me too. A/ circuses freak me out to begin with —

Oh wait — so maybe it should go with bravo.
          Hahhahahaaaa! Jk

It would have made better sense if Andy was some demented clown.

19. chismosa™ says:

I love how Kristen’s husband makes this whole thing about working a new business like trying to one-up her. Look, to quote judge judy– she married him.
    Plus how successful is this business anyway? I see those packets of his at the vitamin stores but is it a big seller???
    I agree with what HOLLA said that kristen has the balls to put this all out there – I get that.
    I think HOLLA is the josh in her relationship to her husband –(plus both such Aries!) – as we’ll see when kristen and HOLLA argue at the vacation. They were both on an entertainment show during the day, they did great and really seem to be at a great place with Ramona now.
    Heather said this and my eyes went wide – kristen-wide:
    “AVIVA IS JUST TRYING TO BE RELEVANT”—- wow. They are all anti her. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was indeed true they were trying to get her off next season. (If there is a next season!)
    Heather was great on WWH. In the new “uniform” for women >40 according to fashion police. She was lots of fun.

——MM hope it went well (or going well) for you. Thinking of you

———–CAN ANYONE TELL ME—->> where did kristen say anything about dogs??? Where was there a dog in this episode? Am I crazy? Twilight zone. 🐶🐶🌌

I think it was at the end when she was exaggerating about her lunch with Ramona, at one point she said she wasn’t really a dog person. That was about all of it.

I don’t know if his biz is successful or not but not only do they have 2 kids, one of the kids has a disability. If they both way their daughter to get better it’s up to BOTH of them. If Kristen continues to let Josh get away w/treating her, their day & their family that way it will always be that way. He will always have biz excuses. He will always be trying to grow the biz. That will never change. So he’s going to have the same excuse? I’ve said it 3 times today& now #4. Josh is an ass. 🙂
      The last 2 seasons Heather hasn’t treated her husband like Josh treats Kristen but we shall see. LOL”Aviva is just trying to be relevant”. To funny Heather. I’m not surprised that the ladies really don’t get along w/Leg.
      Chismosa I’m searching my memory & I do not remember seeing a dog. 😀

I wouldn’t call it a disability – my two friends, closest ones had- leg braces for one son (at exact same age as Kristen’s daughter)- and the other had a daughter who had to wear a “helmet” ??? For some issue. I see some people telling kristen online to let her daughter wait it out and walk on her own.
        I know of people who skipped crawling and went straight to walking and how it’s debatable but not great to do that….etc.
        so many theories.
        That is not a disability. Compared to what’s out there.
        A challenge, yes. Jmho

Ok. Got it. I didn’t crawl. Walked at 7 months. 🙂

Whoa go Powell that’s fast right ??

I just checked I apparently didn’t crawl that long.

I forget what the “debate” is (as every.single.thing. Is debated these days re:kids) – but I know runners and very athletic people who didn’t crawl as babes- so I doubt it’s a physical thing …. ??

Ugh whatever. This could go on forever. 🙂

HOLLA said that in the entertainment show interview – ie real time, now. Post season!

They’re TOTALLY trying to get her out I’m sure.

Aviva had the people Rob Shuter and other gossip people to her home for a catered dinner Monday night.
        Likely to sway them to her side !!!

I wonder if it was HER REAL APARTMENT or the rented one / fake on on the show.

The dog comment came about b/c Sonja called Luann and asked her to come to her dogs memorial service-Kristen was with Luann and so was Heather-they were all asked to attend the memorial-Kristen told us she wasn’t a dog person and had never been to a dog funeral or something to like that.

Oh in the coming attractions — got it….

Yes! It was a first look that Bravo aired after the peoples couch show last night.

OMG when was this ??????!! I always catch the first looks
            #sneakyBravo

It was VERY sneaky!! As soon as The Peoples Couch ended the first look came on for NY and then for MDL maybe? I can’t remember now!!

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Chismosa, you know I think Heather wouldn’t like Kristen very much if Heather was chummy with Josh. She’d think she’s a spoiled brat. Uh huh

20. iceNfire says:

SoutheastVA – I’m reading both A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons at the same time. They both follow the events immediately following A Storm Of Swords….it’s kinda weird

21. meneseela says:

I didn’t even watch the episode and I have an opinion!
    Kristin … did you just notice your husband is arrogant? Of course not. You love his confidence. And it is hist confidence that allowed him to launch his own company. Owning a company is not the same as “going to work”. You are it. Beginning to end. Even with a partner. You worry about sales, the power bill, the competition, the manufacturers and the investors who are dogging you to do better faster with less etc.
    And if it fails you’ve lost everything. Its a heartbreaker.
    So suck it up Kristin.

He probably loves his kids (well maybe … I do not know). But whining on camera is not the way to his heart or schedule. It turns him off. He doesn’t want you sniveling about what a mope he is as a dad. He’s the guy who has to be The Hero. That means I’m Pretty has to look up to him and so do the prince/ess-lings. That involves rolling out the red carpet. He wants to come home to a clean happy family.
    Yep he sounds a bit self-involved. This is news? That makes two of you.
    Know who you married!!

PS Men do not like Victims.

(ok everyone beat me up now!)

22. iceNfire says:

Kristin lost me when I discovered she doesn’t cook for her family. Do those kids live on Happy Meals?

23. chismosa™ says:

Hey did the greek guy win survivor? I’m checking online.

And why is tyler Perry being brought up ??? His twitter has nothing about survivor?
    So funny. ???

Go you vlaho! Bwahahahahaaaa I need to not say that!
    🙉🙊🙊

• MelTheHound says:

We typically try to keep spoilers to a minimum, especially on a 3 hour show that not everyone has seen and doesn’t want spoilers, Twatter aside 😉

Oh thanks for some reason I was assuming this was a live thing countrywide.
        Thanks –

• MelTheHound says:

It may be.. I’ve seen in the past here however where the winners were spoiled (revealed) before the west coast broadcast, and people on the west coast weren’t happy about it. Most don’t actually care I think but still … Spoilers are all over the interwebs 😉

• Tyler Perry is a HUGE fan and texts Jeff all the time and it was Tyler’s idea to have the “special idol”….he started texting Jeff about 4 years ago…giving ideas…

24. LaineyLainey says:

Just got home. Work all day then birthday party for a friend…it was a couples thing so that was nice! I really enjoyed reading everybody’s comments. Jnntjill, kudos to you and your man and your girls. Foxymel, you too. Shamrock as always so much wisdom. PJ, nice to see u here again, I’m not watching the show but from what I’ve read here, your comments made a lot of sense. TRex, great comments. Peabody, Princess P, Ladybra & Chismosa always good to read you. “Is that a read?” Mene, you too. I hope I don’t hurt anybody by leaving y’all out …oh and Powellypooh who gets it all going in the a.m. This topic brought out a lot of maturity and wisdom; all young men and women could have benefitted from your words today. Great blog, empress!

Hi Lainey glad you had a great time.
      Yes, that was a read. LOL no. Haha

Thanks for the shoutout …. 😉

25. adamay411 says:

meneseela:
    No beating up from me. I raised a child with special needs as a single parent and did everything that Kristin does AND everything that Josh is doing. There was no nanny and no cleaning help (you know they must have them). As a plus I had to spend hours with medical paperwork and forms, try to get financial assistance, fight with school administrators,etc. I would have moved heaven and earth to have had someone to share the load with even if it was much less than 50-50.

My son is 25, almost a college graduate and a man that any parent would be proud of.

Adamay you are an inspiration and you should be so proud for your son ….
      Kristen needs to count her blessings. But of course I can’t begrudge her her own feelings of being hurt I suppose. As we don’t know all and it’s a crappy reality show after all.

Congrats to you – you’re the moms that need to be celebrated every day

Proud of you and your young man, Adamay! Take a bow, lady!!!

Congratulations to you and your son. You must be very proud. I think being a parent must be the most important responsibility there is, and at the same time one of the most difficult and stressful.

• meneseela says:

adamay411 I am in awe of you!!

26. Cartwheels says:

Haven’t posted in a while due to a whole load of back up work that I put to the side when RHBH was airing but I wanted to give my 2 cents on the Kristen debate.

Jill, not that Jill, I read your post and I was agreeing with you wholeheartedly, my husband works all the time and so do I, my job has a more flexible schedule but it can get busy at times, but for the most part he travels the whole week and we meet during the weekends, I can count with one hand the times he has been available for school plays or recitals, practices, after school meetings, Open Houses, I never count on him for that but if he is home and available he rathers cut the grass and keep up with the lawn and bushes and I am perfectly happy with that. If he doesn’t have time I hire someone to do it. Due to my work being more flexible I do everything, I take my daughter to school, I work, pick her up from school, most days she has something after school going on, and then when we come home I cook dinner, showers, reading and bed. We both know that it would be great for him to be around 24/7 available but that is not our reality and we work around what we have.

Do I cook dinner every night? NO, a couple of days a week we probably have to buy take out or order something , but the other days I do cook and do everything around the house. During the weekends whe nmy husband is at home, I definitely cook and nice meal, unless he wants to go out (I don’t protest, just doesn’t happen every week), we do not keep tabs and I do not complain about all the house work that I have to do on top of my job because that is what I wanted to do. I could have stayed at home and be a SAHM but I love my job and wanted the extra money to pay for all the extras that I can afford for my daughter, practices, tutors, trips, etc. I am happy with my decision and it works for us.
    The problem with Kristen as I see it is that she is a SAHM but she is not happy with that, she probably prefers to work outside of the house and have someone else take on house duties (nanies, hired help) and she probably already has that but it is still not enough. Can Josh help more around the house? I guess he could if Kristen would learn how to ask without being a nag.
    Kristen’s approach to this is all wrong in my opinion, she keeps tabs on him all the time and now he does the same to her and she is going to come short always because her job is to take care of the house. All that nagging is probably making Josh work extra hours anyway. Kristen fell in love with this arrogant and workaholic guy who was able to afford the best things in life for her but it all comes with a price and Kristen thought it was all going to be roses but she is not ready for the thorns.

Hey Cartwheels-nice to see you.
      We have the same kind of home life I see-except I don’t work outside of the home (I do watch a few children during the day to have a little “cupcake” money in my pocket). It’s a choice we made before we got married. I always wanted to be able to stay home with my kids and I knew it would mean living like a “single parent” most days-it’s not always easy but it sure is worth it. I was never very career driven so staying home with my kids wasn’t a sacrifice for me-but it is for Kevin. He works so much so we can have what we have. When he is home I’m sure the last thing he wants to hear is how much laundry I have done!
      Kristen seems to want everything to be the way it was before they had kids-freedom to do whatever and time to do whatever-she seems to be missing her carefree days as if she didn’t know what motherhood entailed. It’s makes her look silly in my eyes-how could you not know things would change as your family grows? How could you not know that your husband would be crazy busy starting a new business? She’s harping on her husband to be more available to her and pay more attention to her-she’s not coming off as very mature…I’m starting to not like her as much as I thought I did!!

27. Jan (TexasTart) says:
  28. Carmene says:

Ramona is at it again! Lol!