Kandi’s Wedding – Blessings and Dressings

Kandis Wedding logo

Episode 2 “Blessings and Dressings”

by TexasTart

KW Burress Tucker_2Last week we learned Kandi’s friend and assistant Carmon was not up to the wedding planning task. Kandi’s Aunts support Kandi marrying Todd and they want to help to get their sister, Joyce on board.  All the while Mama Joyce is spreading word from the streets about Todd’s parents.

28 days to the wedding.  Kandi still has Johnnie on the task of being her wedding planner. She meets with him, Don Juan and Todd.  Kandi notes there are four weeks to the wedding and there are no lions, tigers or bears and Carmon up and disappeared.  The guys said Carmon will probably come back but Kandi said, no she can’t work with Carmon any more, she will have her as a bridesmaid though.  Johnnie stepped it up and he had a schedule, secured some animals and plans to visit a possible venue. Todd mentions he would like a male and female lion at the entrance. Kandi thought that was odd, how would anyone know without checking and Todd motions the mane, for which Kandi was embarrassed and proclaimed she was having a Porsha moment.

Dance Atlanta is hosting dance auditions and there’s a large turn out. Kandi says she has a lot of experience hiring dancers so this should be a breeze. Kandi wants a big show of dancers doing African style dance, like in the Coming to America movie, before the bride is introduced. Kandi says her grand entrance better not be ratchet.  Riley is along to watch the auditions and she hasn’t seen Coming to America to know what her mother is referencing.  Another man at the auditions referring to the African music mentions this being Cape Cod ready. Kandi corrects, him saying you mean Cape Town?! He agrees and claims it was a Porsha moment.

KW E2_125 days to the wedding.  Kandi meets her father at The Corner Grill. He’s Pastor Titus Burress. A handsome man and sharp dresser. He must be where Kandi got her calm cool demeanor. He and Joyce divorced when Kandi was four, so they had a very limited relationship. Sometimes they didn’t see one another for as long as a year.  Kandi gets emotional thinking about her relationship, or lack of with her father. He tells her that she doesn’t know everything. Joyce’s sisters would come over and there was a lot of smoking and drinking going on.  The sisters would influence Joyce in a negative way.  Joyce had a restraining order against him for a while is part of the reason he couldn’t see his daughter. Mama told Kandi he cheated. Her father disputes that and insists there’s a lot Kandi doesn’t know. Kandi is emotional and has big tears streaming down her face at the table, but she was able to continue the conversation without making a scene. Her father stayed very composed and listened her out.  She asked him to officiate her wedding and he was very happy to do that for his baby.

23 days to the wedding.  Johnnie and Don Juan go to look at a venue that is very much like an open warehouse that Kandi wants to convert to a beautiful venue with draping the walls and adding flooring. Don, being a negative Nancy, called it a hood ass space.  Kandi was not discouraged though and it appears she will utilitze this space.

22 days to the wedding.  Over at Kandi’s house,  Kandi tells Todd the food will be really good at the wedding. Kandi talks about her recent visit with Mama Joyce and gingerly tells Todd that she is claiming Todd’s father was a pimp. Of course, Todd shakes his head with disgust and says let me guess, she thinks my mother is a ho. Kandi replied, not those exact words (it was prostitute, but Kandi can’t bring herself to say this). Mama is convinced that Todd and his mother are going to run a game on Kandi.

Todd didn’t really know his father, he died when he was three. Todd is very frustrated and tells Kandi he is not playing around with this bullshit any more. He warns Kandi he’s not taking all this lying down. Kandi didn’t appreciate being issued “warning” and walks out of the room.  I have to give it to Todd for not losing his cool and standing up for himself after such allegations.

20 days to the wedding.  Tan, Kandi’s matron of honor is at a dress shop to help Mama Joyce find a dress for the wedding. Joyce has always thought of Tan as a daughter, but thinks of Carmon as being sneaky.  Joyce is looking at black dresses, saying she knows it’s a wedding, but for her it feels like a funeral. Kandi comes and joins the dress shopping. She tells Joyce that she met with her father and confronts her on some things. Joyce denies it all and goes as far to swear on her dead son. The swearing on Kandi’s dead brother, upset her and she let her mama know.

Meanwhile, Todd meets Pastor Burress at the Buckhead Haberdashery where Todd is getting fitted for his custom made wedding attire. Pastor Burress called Todd “my son”. Todd asks how can he get through to Mama Joyce and explains that she keeps coming up with road blocks, like the lies about his parents and Pastor tells him it’s things like that that tore them apart.  Adding that Joyce is hurting herself, she’s cutting her own throat. Pastor said that only God could help offer insight to help sort through the negative. Todd said that he knew Kandi was the woman for him after one time they were together in bed and Kandi asked him to kneel with her and pray. Pastor Burress gave Todd his blessing to marry Kandi.

19 days to the wedding. Kandi goes to a music studio to ask an R&B singer, Musiq Soulchild to sing “Don’t Change” at her wedding and he agrees.

17 days to the wedding.  Todd joins Apollo Nida at the gym. Todd doesn’t normally work out, but he hopes Apollo can help him get a little pumped before walking down the aisle. Todd notes how supportive Apollo and Phaedra have been towards Kandi and Todd’s relationship and asks Apollo if he will be a groomsman. Apollo accepts.  Todd asks Apollo about when he had to sign a pre-nup and Apollo said he signed it without going over it because he was just out of jail and really wasn’t anything he could argue.  He suggests Todd might want to have an attorney look his over. At this point we find out that Kandi hasn’t even produced the document yet. No wonder Todd is uncomfortable with the pre-nup, he hasn’t seen it and time is running out!

Kandi is working on her laptop in another interestingly furnished room at Kandi Factory. Todd walks in and Kandi advises him that Joyce is on her way over.  Todd says he wants to address the pimp accusation and Kandi doesn’t want him to. Interesting how Kandi thinks these matters can be swept under the rug.  Joyce shows up and they’re talking about the wedding. Joyce asks who’s going to pay for it. Kandi said “you!”  Chuckles. Kandi asks her mother to give her away and Joyce doesn’t want to do it!  Mama Joyce said “That’s asking a lot.” and “Let your daddy do it, he didn’t never did do anything.”  Says she likes Todd, but not the game. She still believes this is a racket to get Kandi’s money.

KW E2_2Mama Joyce continues to insist Todd’s father was a pimp. Todd asks how she knows that. People in the streets, of course.  Todd suggests she produces people that make such claims.  Todd says she has no respect for him.  The two of them begin yelling at one another and Kandi yells with hands extended like a referee for them to stop.  Mama Joyce said to Todd “You can control her, but you can not control this!” (referring to herself).   Oddly enough, she turns to Kandi and gives her blessing. Which made no sense, as she still has the attitude and says tells Kandi “you got to deal with that” (referring to Todd). How Kandi’s own her own now. Excuse me, but hasn’t Kandi been on her own now over 20 years?!

Todd, in a talking head, said that Mama Joyce has completely crossed the line, she’s out of control and he doesn’t want to constantly look over his shoulder. He doesn’t know if he wants to go through with the wedding at this point.  The episode ends on that talking head. Next week Mama Joyce comes up against a formidable force. Todd’s mother is not having any of her nonsense.

_________________________

This entry was posted in Kandi's Wedding and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

160 Responses to Kandi’s Wedding – Blessings and Dressings

Good morning everyone. It’s Bottom Lip Monday. 😭 Sighhhhh. LOL I sighed as I typed that. It’s a bit dreary on my neck of the woods. I hope you’re having great weather.
    Ooops. Kandi was on last night? I didn’t remember. Boston was looking for something we could watch and chat about. I guess we pretty much forgot or didn’t give a darn. I suspect the later for most of us. 🙂 Have a great day.

Good morning, Powellypooh. Good morning, everyone! Jan thanks for the recap. You know, for as difficult and inappropriate as Joyce is being…the show seems to center around her and her shenanigans,…so, I guess she is doing her job. Todd is a former producer, he knows how it works, so I guess they are all playing their parts, huh?

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Hi Lainey! 🙂 Yes, we’re not getting any bridezilla activity so far from Kandi….apparently just one Mad Mamazilla is enough, lol.

Lainey I hope LaineyMom is doing well.

And yes is this “Momma Joyce. The Crazy Factory” or “Kandi’s Wedding”? Is she angling for a show? I read that there is supposed to be a show w/mothers of reality shows and Joyce was named as a cast member. I can see Karen, Kim’s mom and Momma Dee, rapper Scrappy’s mom from Love & Hip Hop Atlanta. They like yelling and over acting. 🙂

Hi Pooh! Yes, she is doing pretty well (my mom) thanks! And now Re: Kandi’s mom: Well you gotta hand it to Joyce…she has really done a lot with her ratchet act. She keeps misbehaving, and keeps getting rewarded for it by getting more camera time and now…a new show?? It does seem that Kandi’s mom is the star of this wedding show and not Kandi. Todd and Kandi have got to be in on this charade. If Mama Joyce is working and making her own money,…that has GOT TO BE good for Todd & Kandi.

Lainey, my thoughts exactly on the MommaneedsMoMoneyJoyce! Kandi and Todd know the Bravo drill on how they are supposed to bring the drama and so does MommaneedsMoMoneyJoyce. Seriously, without her drama this show would be boring, boring, with a side helping of more boring.

True, it was an interesting re-cap/blog, I bow to Texas tart for writing it. Without Joyce and her issues it would have been a snore fest. I guess if Todd, Kandi and “mama” Joyce can pretend this is all real…I can play along, too. Why should this reality show be any different???? Bwahahahaha! Ok, I’m back in.

Back on the internet – new blog on Pompeii’s brothel

Good morning 🙂

4. Sus says:

Oprah is reading my comments on this blog!!!!!!!!!!
    I just saw that she’s having a Knots Landing reunion on her show “Where are they Now”.
    She must have read that I wished Knots was still on so we could all talk about it!

Too bad she didn’t read about how we never wanted to see or hear from Jill Zarin again before she booked her 🙂

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I would talk to you about Knots Landing, lol.

I liked Knots Landing, I wish they’d finish the season on DVD’s, I think they only did 2 seasons.

That will be good. You have to remind us. 🙂

Happy Monday! Boy, I had a great two days. Not that it was special, just great – everything I needed to do was done, I had two naps! I feel rested, I ate healthy and didn’t give in to junk food, I only bought one unnecessary thing on QVC :p and I had a great phone convo with my Mom yesterday. I’m ready to go forth and have a wonderful Monday!

Hope your weather gets bright, Powell. Everyone have a wonderful day!

I’m off today, woohoo! Without pay…wahhhh! My moods go up and down like that. Were having rain and rolling thunder….it’s wonderful, because I don’t have to drive in it!

One of my earliest memories is taking a bed pillow, putting it down in the front door threshold and watching the rain on the front porch. I am pretty sure it was when we lived in Denton, and that means I was about 5 😀 All I know is, rain still to this day is just one of my favorite things. … so where do I live? the desert ! hahah.

So glad to hear your Mom is better Lainey, and hope you enjoy your rainy day ❤

6. rabblerouser2010R says:

I can’t believe how shady Kandi was not to tell Todd the whole truth about what her foul mother said about his parents. Joyce is one nasty bitch.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Hi rabble, it’s really hard to fathom someone with Kandi’s intelligence and success thinking she can mask over some of the chaos her mama creates without retribution. Todd has every reason to rethink where he stands. He needs to be first and in no way needs protected from what is said, nor should he have to tone down his reactions. She should have his back – we all expect that in our relationships, don’t we?!

HI Jan, you said it sister.
        What Joyce said was disgusting and Kandi just responds with “Oh Mama”.

I think either Todd is on meds or has very powerful restraint, because anyone else would have slapped the ugly off that heifer.

• I think you hit it on the head. Kandi though a very smart business woman, isn’t very intelligent or refined.

• iceNfire says:

Kandi has said more than once that in her mind she imagines she and her husband at family get togethers laughing and having fun. This isn’t going to happen unless she party’s with Todd family.
        Kandi also cried on wwhl saying she doesn’t want people to bad mouth her mother on blogs, facebook, or twitter. Boo Fukin Hoo. Kandi is a married woman now with a teenage daughter, the time for crying about her mama should have ended years ago.
        It’s not like Joyce is alone in the world, she has sisters, cousins and a boyfriend to be play her nasty games with

Hi Ice! This is a perfect example of wanting your cake and to eat it, too. So they all including or especially Kandi are ok with benefitting financially from Joyce’s horribly, ratchet, trifling, no class behavior. But the viewers should comment on it in a negative way on social media?

Kandi, YOU ALL chose to collect checks for outing your mom’s unsavory behavior v. Maintaing a modicum of decency and integrity by perhaps keeping her off of the show. The perception of the public is a natural consequence. Don’t cry, Kandi because we all know you’re laughing all the way to the bank. You all are! Including Todd. Kandi, are you there? Wipe those tears, faker. I’m not buying it.

Oops, “shouldn’t” not “should” in my first paragraph. Hahahaha. Dang it!

• iceNfire says:

No, Im not buying it either. The Icki One is in the same class as Joyce but we don’t see Brianna crying about it. Bri chose her husband over her mom. Will Kandi do the same or is this all for ‘entertainment’ value? *pfft*

Ice every time Todd tells her how he feels and gives ultimatum Kandi goes straight to “My momma always has my back, when no one else does. I will never stop having a relationship with my momma.” Kandi needs to see a psychologist/psychiatrist. She’s in a way like Jason Hoppy. She has survivors guilt. I think since her brother was the oldest and in a sense “the man of the house” and then he was killed, Kandi took on that responsibility, but she doesn’t know how or want to learn how to stand up to her mother. She thinks that if she tells her mother how she expects her to speak to or about Todd it’s disrespectful. If Kandi learns how to approach her mother she will set boundaries that her mom won’t cross. I don’t understand how Kandi has said she would never treat Riley the way Joyce treats her but she let’s it be alright for Joyce to treat her that way. After Joyce calls Todd all kinds of names she then says to Kandi, “but it’s your decision. I support you. It’s your life”. WTH? That doesn’t make any sense to me.

Word sista.

Boo effin who is right Ice. If she doesn’t want people to talk on social media about her mom then she either needs to finally set her mom straight or get her mom off the show. WTH does she expect viewers would say about her crazy ass mother?

Say it again sista.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Interesting. Such an unlikely source. Also interesting that PUMP would spin off VR and not BH. That tells me VR is a sure thing, but we already knew that?! And BH is not a sure thing….considering how they incorporate spin offs into already existing shows to draw viewers. VR did have higher viewership than BH and that audience would parallel a similar show. I like Lisa and want to see more of her, but another show on her restaurant/bar seems like too much repetition.

• Anne says:

I wonder if they will include the PUMP footage as part of Vanderpump Rules, instead of doing an actual spin-off. There isn’t any reason that Vanderpump Rules couldn’t include staff from both restaurants. Also (and this is pure speculation on my part) Lisa could reduce her role on RHOBH to a friend of housewives and not have to film as much or with all the ladies. She’d still get the exposure, but have to put up with less of the B.S. I think that Luann has gotten positive coverage of her demotion — which wasn’t voluntary. It will be interesting to see what happens.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

That makes sense, Ann! The one show could umbrella both locations – it works with the title too!

BH ratings blew and VPRs soared last season so maybe that’s why.

This is exactly why I am leaning towards PrincessVpump telling MzAndy to take a long walk off a short bridge and she takes a season “off” the Ho-Wives! I really do believe that she doesn’t want ANYTHING to do with the person she calls the most “TOXIC” Ho-Wife ever, the one and only THE-LIAR-SUPREME-SLUTBAG-MORONSTFUBrand.i I have heard that again just this past week, MzAndy and production have been basically begging and kissing her royal feet to come back and so far I heard it’s a NO. I don’t think they have started filming yet either. If they were filming that diarrhea of the twitter herself one THE-LIAR-SUPREME-SLUTBAG-MORONSTFUBrand. would be twatting up a storm about filming.

If they won’t fire Brandi then relegate her to “Friend of” w/a limited role. That would be better for Lisa and all of them if the other brain dead ladies really thought about it.

Cooooool! I love that mindless dreck.

It’s definitely a smart move on their part. The housewives shows are on their way out in my opinion. Vanderpump Rules got higher ratings and it seems there is a demographic out there who wants these types of shows. Lisa will continue to make money at Bravo as producer rather than a housewife alone if she even continues on BH.

I think they are on the way out too, they’ve ruined them with all the nasty people (George, Brandi) on them. All they are is fighting and gross behavior now and I’m getting sick of them….I don’t mind a little drama once in awhile but what we are seeing is getting old.

I thought it was an “open” secret already that PUMP was getting a spinoff, heard they already started filming this as well. It’s the reason that THE-LIAR-SUPREME-SLUTBAG-MORONSTFUBrandi did a “twat” from there, they were “supposedly” in the area and you know that when they saw cameras filming they had to make a bee-line over there to get some facetime with the cameras. I also heard they have been filming since the day the bar opened as the opening will be the first episode,

Now why did Todd have to say to Pastor Buress he and Kandi were in bed and she asked him to kneel and pray? That’s her father and a Pastor and he tells him they were in bed? TMI to the father Todd.

OMG Musiq? Where the neck has he been?

Did Apollo and Phadera go on the trip w/Kandi & Todd and the wedding party or was Apollo unable to travel outside the country at that time? T-Rex do you have the 411?😍

I am not sure if they went on a trip with Kandi and Todd and why are Kandi and Todd taking along an entourage for their honeymoon, they were married in Atlanta so it wasn’t a “destination wedding”. From the court records ConvictedFelonNida had to “surrender” his passport and could only leave the country with prior permission of the courts. My only guess would be that he could have petitioned that he was “working” for Bravo and he needed to be out of the country to make money. I can’t find anything to note that ConvitFelonNida and his wife Phakedra left the country

It wasn’t the honeymoon. Some time after the wedding festivities Kandi & Todd and all or some of the wedding party went on a trip out of the country.

Okay did some more “digging” on this trip. It was in the Bahamas around April 15th and it was really a birthday party for a Friend of Kandi’s. No HO-wives were on this trip it was attended by some music, sports, and some B-lister actors/actresses. The Birthday-friend was Producer Will Packer, he has a twatter and instaFoolishPhotos account. I have also included his wikipedia page.

Ok. Right. That’s what it was. Some of the cast from Think Lika A Man and Kandi & Todd and some that were in her wedding party that are musicians went.

Happy Monday from cool and cloudy Huskerland! Since I got my a/c fixed last weekend, I haven’t had to use it, which is a good thing for sure. Only in the 70s this weekend and for the greater part of this week.

Last night I found myself flipping between Miss USA, the Tonys, Sister Wives (why in the world I have no idea), the Next Food Network Star, Married to Medicine and a teeny bit of the basketball game. Oh yeah, I also watch GAC on the weekends and watch their makeover shows. Yesterday it was I Stop at Yard Sales or something like that with Lara Spencer and then Flea Market Flip. So I really didn’t get a large amount of any one show. I really thought Miss Georgia had the title wrapped up but Miss Nevada came in first. Miss Nebraska made top 20 and that’s very unusual.

Let’s get this week off to a great start and put Monday in our rear view mirror. Kind of like Tonality did to California Chrome (ouch!).

Poor Chrome. I was routing for him. He didn’t have it in him.

I watched Sister Wives too. I’m trying to break my housewive addiction by watching a reality show that they don’t fight ie Little Couple, Duggars, Sister Wives but not Honey Boo Boo. I’m tired of the fighting I want to see people who get along. Love, love love Little Couple, best reality show on TV in my opinion.

I love the Little Couple, too!

Doesn’t Will have the nicest smile and Zoey is a little doll. I just love those kids. Bill and Jen are great parents, some of these other parents should watch them for pointers in what a good parent is.

Bravo could learn something from the Little Couple. A husband and wife who love and respect each other, accomplished in their careers and have two of the most adorable children I have ever seen. And . . . NO DRAMA! That’s something I make an effort to watch.

I agree on all points…those children are beautiful, smart and SO LOVED!!!! And yes, their parenting is loving and smart,..a great example to all.

Word. 🙂

• Barb (Just wondering in Jersey) says:

Me three 😀

11. NJBev says:

Good afternoon everyone.
    Jan, great post-loved it. 10x better than the actual show .
    I really can’t stand watching that beotch treat Todd like
    that, and Kandi (of whom I used to adore) just let her
    get away with it. I mean, seriously, I love my Mother just
    as much as Kandi loves hers…….. I’m just saying-
    Something seriously wrong with that relationship-
    That a Mother can treat a daughter like that is just
    perverse in my opinion. I’m sure Joyce verbally assaulted
    Kandi as a child, and Kandi is terrified of her……..
    she is willing to put up with anything to get any
    form of love or attention from her mother. Pathetic.

Great blog, though!

Hi NJBev! I concur, the blog was interesting, funny, a great read! TT made me want to watch the show! Egads!!!?!

You know I kind of believe the father in there is a lot Kandi doesn’t know about her parents relationship. If how Joyce is now is anything like she was with him I have no doubt she kept him from Kandi as she was growing up. I can see why that marriage did not work. Whether he cheated on her or not who knows but I can see why if he did.

Oh yes…I am also sure that Joyce kept him from Kandi. Even if she didn’t directly forbid him to see his daughter I am sure that her nasty mouth (not to mention her sisters) tore a strip off of him every time he rang the bell.

I am sure Joyce is one of those very bitter women who run baby daddy’s off because everytime they come around to see their child, they want to take the opportunity to bitch about everything that is wrong with him…and how he done her wrong…and how he is no good ect.

I mean, just look at how she treats Todd, and he never even slept with the sow.

MrsP. I would bet that one MommaNeedsMO’MoneyJoyce, made sure to “bash” Kandi’s father every time she could, just to try and make herself look better throughout Kandi’s whole life. AND for his part Kandi’s father didn’t mention any of this to Kandi while she was growing up, and probably didn’t bash MommaNeedsMO’MoneyJoyce at all. WHY, because he probably felt it would be in poor taste to bash the mother of his child while they were growing up, because he is an Adult and acts like one. MommaNeedsMO’MoneyJoyce is just a needy person who has to be the number one person in the room as she has the emotional age of a three year old

I BELIEVE THE FATHER. I totally totally think Joyce did all that – AND WORSE

• iceNfire says:

I too believe the father. When he said something out outside influences interfering I immediately flashed back to The Old Lady Gang and their antics at the wedding dress store. Those old ladies have a very long history together

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

ITA – and worse!!!

Mmmm hmmm.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Good to hear from you NJBev! 🙂 I have also wondered how did their mother daughter relationship form in the early years…because it’s hard to make sense out of how Kandi reacts – or doesn’t react!

IMO Has to do with the brother she had. I forget why and how old he was when he passed away.

(BEV )

And Bev Kandi is the type of daughter mom’s want. She’s hard working, biz savvy, very successful, continues reaching for success and takes care of her daughter and her mother but Joyce treats her like a 2nd class citizen.

I’m not buying any of this nonsense – Kandi has never given me the impression that she puts up with nonsense, so either her Mother is suffering from something that Kandi does not want made public or this is all for show – and everyone knows it, right down to Todd’s Mom – but even if that is true, I don’t understand how Todd stays so calm – after a while, even knowing that it is all an act designed to get a reaction from the audience, it has to get to you – and Kandi and Todd are now married and as far as I know there have been no further outubursts from Joyce – no cameras – no drama –

Lainey! glad that your Mom is doing better – she remains in my prayers, as do you!

has anyone heard about Bethenny being on Royal Pains? I saw a commercial for the show’s return and she was mentioned as appearing on the show – is it a guest spot, recurring role, or what?

Hi Shamrock! Thank you, thank you for the prayers! I am grateful to you and all my prayerful, positive, supportive friends here!

I never heard of Bethenny being on Royal Pains. I wonder if she was playing herself.

Re: Todd and his lack of a “normal” reaction…I think he is acting, they all are…because In my opinion no red blooded human being male or female would stand for those put-downs.

• AZGirl says:

I agree Shamrock there is something really “off” about Momma Joyce. Kandi has always been “roll your eyes” at BS that the other wives bring on why the “pass” with Momma Joyce. Momma Joyce obviously is not acting because Kandi’s dad verified what she has done in the past. Also the woman has been married 4 times. She is a PITA.

• NJBev says:

I don’t know Sham-
      look at all the crap that
      Kandi took from
      Kim, re;”Tardy for the Party”,
      It took her 3 years to file
      some sort of legal action.
      They had both agreed to split
      the $ 50/50. And then Kim
      reneged, and Kandi let her,
      and remained friends with
      her for years.
      I think Kandi does have
      an issue confronting a
      “problem” with a “loved”
      one-
      But there absolutely is something
      wrong with Joyce-

13. LaineyLainey says:

Hi everyone! I had been a bit removed from this blog because I had some intense, and some fun, family things going on. First, as you know, I was with my mom in So.Texas. Upon returning, my husbands brother and family (including his mom) total of 6 people came to visit. While they were here, we had our family room and kitchen/breakfast nook painted, had a new oven installed (our 20 y.o, oven stopped working), and tried to deep clean and declutter the house (with 6 guests! Haha!). My brother in laws new wife actually helped me so much, it was great. The day they left, our daughter and her boyfriend of 3.5 years arrived. We had never met him before and we kinda thought they were coming to make an announcement. But they didn’t. One step at a time, I guess. We worked hard to make everything really nice for them,..thus the home improvement, the big home-cooked meal, new dishes, new throw pillows, etc. By the way, he seems like a wonderful guy and they seem to be very much in love. They didn’t stay here, because I told her it would not be ok for them to cohabitate while here. They would have been welcome to stay,,,just not in the same room. So they stayed elsewhere rather than be apart. I know this may seem antiquated, but there is no way, her dad would have been ok with that. Then they left on Friday and my mother in law came back the same day so that we could attend a relative’s baby shower, which was basically a feast and lots of fun. My m-I-l left yesterday and now life is back to normal(ish).

So now, I’m making up for my absence by posting too much!! Hahahahaha! Well it is my day off, kind of a typical Monday for me,

HI LL

I am glad you have been having a wonderful time.

And I am sure my husband would be the same way with our daughters once they are young adults and dating….

That’s good to hear. 🙂 My hubs is equal opportunity, he wouldn’t allow our son to do that either.

• trudie says:

My daughter has been living with her boyfriend for 2 years now. When they come to our house, they sleep in separate rooms. I am learning to bend, but I have my limits!

• iceNfire says:

Hi Lainey – So mom is okay now? …Six houseguests?? I just got rid of one last night and hope to have no more for a very long time! BigKid doesn’t count as hg, he is coming back next month.:P

Well, Icey, my mom is doing pretty well. Her lymph node biopsy came back negative. Which was wonderful news. She has her appointment with the oncologist on Wednesday, I believe. We will know more after that appointment. Will she be treated, if so,..radiation, chemo? We will know soon.

Wait Lainey your husband wasn’t there during all these guests ? (You said her father wouldn’t have approved)
      How have you not met this boyfriend ? In all the times you were in LA? Maybe he was away? They went to the Middle East together right? I think I’m just missing something 🙂
      Wait was she dating him before her move to LA? I forget.
      Because if she moved there over 3 years ago, wow I feel like it was just yesterday on here you said that she was moving. Where has the time gone? !⌚️

Sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of craziness. I love house guests LOL

So glad your mom is doing better. ☺️
      And glad you’re back a bit more on the blog

Ok so chismosa read my mind and asked every question I was gonna ask!
        Happy to hear Mom is better and I always love to hear when you spend time with your girl!!

Haha! You two!!! You and Jnntjill! Ok let me try to answer

1). Yes, my husband was home during all the visits. Visit number 1). his mother, brother, s-I-L and nieces nephew. Visit number ii). Daughter and her bf (but they didn’t sleep here) and III) his mom came back to attend a shower. My husband was here for all of it.

2). How had we never met the bf before now? He graduated from the University of Texas in May of 2011, they had only recently started dating and even though I asked to meet him (because I’m clairvoyant), she thought he would move to Turkey and forget about her. But that didn’t happen.

3) I did not meet him in all my trips to L.A. Because he lives in Istanbul, Turkey. Hee hee. True story.

4). He has flown her to turkey many times since he left In May 2011. That’s why you remember me saying sometimes that she is with him in Turkey.

5). As I’m sure you have figured out,…yes, they dated before she moved to L.A. In march of 2013. They met in Jan 2011. But started dating right before he left in May 2011.

6). He had to ask permission from the team owners to come to the states to come see her in L.A. And to make the side trip to come meet us. Not saying it’s normal, but that’s the way it happened. They play and work out pretty much year round with a few weeks off in the summer if they are lucky. No players associations there to protect the players,

7). Today is their last day together in L.A. before he has to return to Istanbul. She is so sad. She’s lucky to have such a loving guy, and she knows it, but she is heartsick to say goodbye.

TMI??? Well it wouldn’t be me without just a pinch or a dollop of tmi!!!

Lainey thank you …. Sorry so many questions :/

I apologize on behalf of JILL as well. Lol 😜

What “team” is he on? I’m sorry ! That’s my last question- basketball? What ? That’s very cool!

He sounds lovely. I’m happy for lainey girl and YOU

I’m so glad your mom is doing well. The family came and you had a great time. That’s good. HWs blow. You had more important things to do. 😉 LOL at LaineyGirl and her BF not cohabiting at home. IDK what it is but your kids live away from home. They have a BF /GF & more than likely they are no longer a virgin. How come you can wrap your mind around that but not if it’s in your house? I was watching Wendy Williams and she had Katie Couric on. Katie said she and her fiance went to visit her mom and her mom said they couldn’t stay in the same room together. Katie said she told her mom “mom I’m 60 yrs old” or however old she is. I think it’s funny/weird/uncomfortable all at the same time. 😀

Yes, pooh, it’s cray…the whole no cohabitation in our home thing. I can see the absurdity of it. And I did see that interview with Katie Couric. it was so cute.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Lainey’s BACK! 😀 Thanks for coming back and sharing what you were up to! I’m so happy you could meet LaineyGirls’ boyfriend! I saw your posts upstream and it’s nice to hear you enjoyed the recap.

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Lainey!! Thanks for sharing your moments with us. I’m glad you got some areas of your home refreshed and had some help doing it.
      3 yrs is a long time, and it’s good your daughter takes her time with her boyfriend to really get to know him.

P.S. Great to hear your mom is doing better. 🙂

Thanks Foxy!!!! I appreciate your kind words. Re my daughters bf, he’s been wanting to meet us for awhile but his schedule didn’t really permit him to travel.

And now Re the Spurs…. Not to be negative, but isn’t it frustrating when the missed free throws come back to haunt the Spurs???? Well all the effin missed shots for that matter. Argh. Losing by two. Is that worse than losing by ten or 20? Last night it felt worse.

LL – wow! you had your hands full!! – glad that it all went well and very glad that your daughter is happy – and it is not antiquated at all – that is not tolerated in my home at all – my daughter can have guys over to the house, but none of them – and some have been serious – are permitted to stay – glad your Mom is doing better too! *hugs LL and her Mom really hard* cuz I can!

I love your hugs!!! Thanks! Yes, while it was all good, fun family stuff…it was a bit stressful coordinating everything and trying to clean around all these bodies (which isn’t my strength haha). But it was a happy ending. Especially when everyone pitched in. I want to send my “sister-in-law” flowers and I will,…but first I have to send a check to the department of Public safety for my drivers safety course tomorrow (of course I waited till the deadline). So her flowers will have to wait. 🌹🌻🌺

I am going to make a prediction regarding Lisa and BH.

If there is a PUMP spin off I don’t think she is going to sign on for another season of BH. Why would she? She has two spin off’s. Best advertising she could have ask for and its free.
    HWOBH ratings have plummeted.
    Bravo signing on Kim for another season is ridiculous. What the viewer get to see Kim mauled by Kingsley? Kim folding laundry?
    We now know that there is new HW who is joining. Wife of a plastic surgeon. We are also seeing and hearing a lot from Camille lately. I think Camille will be asked to join if Lisa does not sign.

I posted something above just like this, going to post it down here too as I agree with you totally.

I am also leaning towards PrincessVpump telling MzAndy to take a long walk off a short bridge and she takes a season “off” the Ho-Wives! I really do believe that she doesn’t want ANYTHING to do with the person she calls the most “TOXIC” Ho-Wife ever, the one and only THE-LIAR-SUPREME-SLUTBAG-MORONSTFUBrand.i I have heard that again just this past week, MzAndy and production have been basically begging and kissing her royal feet to come back and so far I heard it’s a NO, AND they have thrown a lot of money at her to come back! I don’t think they have started filming yet either. If they were filming that diarrhea of the twitter herself one THE-LIAR-SUPREME-SLUTBAG-MORONSTFUBrand. would be twatting up a storm about filming.

Foxy Mel said this yesterday and I agree with her. That lisa should take a season off and POSSIBLY return next year.
      That the rest of the dummies would have no one to battle so it would all turn inward.

Fingers crossed.

I wonder if any Vanderfans have tweeted Lisa to ask her.

They have twatted her and she has been very cagey, a think a few were like “go ask andy” kind of responses.

If Lisa isn’t back Kyle will be Brandi’s next punching bag. It’ll pop off w/Kyle’s season long storyline- Brandi blabbed the bankruptcy story Kyle told her. Anyone want to lay down some bets that it will happen if Lisa’s not back? 😉

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Hi Chismosita! I can just imagine (2seasons from now) the BH promo: Heels slowly walking with little gigster….life’s been great, but I’m back! Haha
        It would revive the show a little and make us miss Lisa.

AZGirl IMO also I don’t think Lisa should go back if she has two spin-offs. BH has done what Lisa intended it to do for her biz. I’m. I LOL at Kingsley mauling Kim and I’m doing laundry. Hehehe. 🙂

16. chismosa™ says:

CHICLETS is gone. Hopefully forever.

17. Cartwheels says:

I am disappointed in Kandi, mainly because I like her business spirit so much, then she acts like she 11 years old and scared to death of her mother. To even allowed her to say those nasty things about Todd’s parents (whether they are true or not) was beyond the pale.

I like Todd so far but this last episode has me wondering why is he putting up with this BS, it is obvious that as long as Kandi allows her mother to be this vicious, things will not work for them so the fact that Todd is willing to put up with this circus is waving a huge red flag for me.

If mama Joyce wants to act like a spoiled and out of control teenager, the Kandi needs to treat her like that, some boundaries need to be placed and mama Joyce needs to suffer some kind of consequences for her horrid actions, doesn’t she realize that she is not only humiliating Todd (which I am sure is her ultimate intention) but in the process she is humiliating her own daughter and herself? There is something very wrong with this woman.

18. Jan (TexasTart) says: