Remembering Lynn Hudson

LynnNChicago-Banner

In Honor Of Lynn Hudson

Today marks Lynn’s birthday and the 2nd year anniversary of her death and our loss.  For those who were not fortunate enough to know her personally or through her writings, Lynn was an amazing blogger who also somehow cultivated this amazing blogging community that NoMoreDrama was able to carry forward by creating LynnFam.com aka “Lynn’s Place.”  Lynn’s gift of snark and her love of all things related to the “Real Housewife” franchises captured national attention and translated into highly entertaining blogs to read, discuss – and occasionally to argue about, too!

In honor of Lynn, I’m going to repost last year’s heartfelt anniversary post and provide links to some of Lynn’s work.  Feel free to contribute your personal memories in the comment section today as we fondly remember Lynn and the impact she’s had on our lives. We miss you, Lynn!

TexasTart

________________________

August 16th 2012

Lynn Hudson’s 49th Birthday.  Her blog was filled with well wishes.  Lynn was absent from the blog; that was typical.  She had a full-time job and young son.  After posting the morning blog she’d rarely check in – yet we all expected her to say something to acknowledge the birthday wishes. When a new morning blog hadn’t been posted on the 17th, posters began to get worried.  Boston posted “where are you Lynn?”.  Word began to seep into the blog that she had passed away.  It came from twitter – from Carly – the pair did a weekly radio show on Real Housewives.  Wall Street Lady (WSL)  confirmed the news to Boston.  At that point it became real to the rest of us.

We will always Remember You (thank you Boston for creating this)

We will always Remember You (thank you Boston for creating this)

To me it felt surreal.  I had never met Lynn, but she was part of my daily routine.  Her blogs on the housewives touched a cord in me that made sense in a sometimes incomprehensible world.  She stood up for the underdog.  When Queen Bee Jill Zarin tried to get Alex McChord fired; tried to get viewers to hate Bethenny Frankel, it was Lynn who took aim and fired squarely.  “I Hate Jill Zarin,” her blog’s headline blared.  Not once, but for over a year.

Who can ever forget this photo!

Who can ever forget this photo!

Lynn was the first housewives blogger to meet the housewives.  After chit chatting with Simon on twitter, she hosted a party for SilEx (Simon and Alex) when they visited Chicago.  She rubbed elbows with the DC crew at Kat’s book signing.  She met Bethenny at one of her events and was assured that Bethenny (and Julie) read the blog every day.  She was photographed with Andy Cohen. lynn hudson and andy cohen

Lynn Hudson and Bethenny Frankel

Lynn Hudson and Bethenny Frankel

The blog was labelled “the hate blog” by Bobby Zarin on national TV.  SilEx was lambasted for meeting Lynn and spending time with Wall Street Lady – a poster who became a good friend of Lynn’s.  Jill and her assistants reported the blog to wordpress every day to try and get it shut down.  Eventually Lynn moved the blog to a new platform; she kept posting daily.  It was the wild west of  housewives blogging, and Lynn was forging the way. Lynn was outspoken, committed, and fearless.  She was also kind, caring, and welcoming, and her blog became more than a blog about irrelevant reality show stars – it was a blog that created a place for people to share, lean on each other, and build friendships.  Lynn made each day a little brighter.  She is missed. NoMoreDrama

______________________________

THOUGHTS OF LYNN HUDSON ON HER BIRTHDAY by BB

On August 16th, 2012, Lynn Hudson posted her last blog.  It contained recaps of Million Dollar Listing LA, Top Chef Masters, the NJ blogs, and all kinds of other interesting things about reality TV put together by the ever-enthusiastic, hardworking Lynn, who loved all things housewives.  I had also posted a small tribute to Lynn because it was her birthday that day.  Little did we know it would be the very last blog we would ever see from our beloved friend Lynn.

There were many hits on the blog that day wishing Lynn a Happy Birthday, with a few of the usual nasty trolls along the way.  The blog happily rolled along that day with its usual discussion and overall happy, sometimes snarky, camaraderie.

The next morning, at around 10 a.m., one commenter asked if there would be a new blog that day.  Some of us thought maybe Lynn had been out celebrating her birthday the day before and she was taking the day off (which would have been very unusual).  At about12:37 p.m., someone noticed that Lynn had not been on twitter that day.  I started to get an uneasy feeling and I e-mailed Lynn about that time to ask if everything was ok.  At about 12:52 pm, another LynnNChicago regular posted some disturbing twitter feeds from PrettyPlusMore (Carly Hall) that Lynn had passed away.  Nobody wanted to believe it was true and we were all hoping beyond hope it was some type of cruel hoax.  Sadly, it turned out we had lost our beloved Lynn on, of all days, her birthday.

Needless to say, I was completely shocked, stunned and didn’t quite know what to do with myself.  I’m sure my family thought I had lost my mind getting so emotional about someone I had never met, but they were very understanding just the same.  They knew I had become attached to this blog and fond of Lynn because I talked about it and her often.

On August 18th, Lynn’s good friend Carly Hall posted a wonderful tribute on the LynnNChicago blog.  That same day, a regular poster, NoMoreDrama (formerly HouseWifeAddict) posted this:  “A space has been set up for us to continue our comments at LynnFam.wordpress.com.”  Some of us (me, Kansas Girl and others) were collecting e-mail addresses so we could all somehow keep in touch.  Another regular poster, Disgrazia, started a “Friends of LynnnChicago” Facebook page.  Our own boston started the Chatzy room.  I know I’m forgetting to mention others who worked hard to keep us all afloat during that time, but you know who you are.

I never met Lynn in person, but just from the communication I had with her through e-mail, I felt like I had added another good friend to the many I’ve made throughout the years.  Today, I like to think of her looking down from Heaven and feeling happy, honored and proud to know that her love of talking about those darned housewives still lives on through this blog and other social media outlets.  She was a special person who can never be replaced.  I just wanted to take a moment to say, “Happy Birthday Lynn. I miss you and think of you often.”  Always, BB.

_________________________________

If you would like to reminisce about the days that Lynn wrote here are some links. Lynn’s websites no longer exist, so keep in mind these are just some pieces of the past and they are subject to have missing pictures, non-functioning links and comments.  Now don’t get lost in there and make me have to send a search party for ya’.   TexasTart

October 22, 2013 Lynn’s Place by NoMoreDrama “A look back at LynnNChicago’s first blog”

August 3, 2011 IHJZ blog

Date unknown The Final IHJZ blog

August 6, 2012 LynnNChicago blog

_________________________________

August 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Empress

Happy Birthday Sasha

____________________________________

This entry was posted in Lynn Hudson and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

139 Responses to Remembering Lynn Hudson

Good morning everyone. A beautiful tribute to our Lynn on her birthday TexasTart. We’ve all said “Lynn would get a kick out of that”. Yes we all miss her presence every day. Happy Birthday Lynn. 😇

Happy Birthday Empress and Sasha. I hope you enjoy your birthday weekend.

Happy Birthday Empress 🎉🎉 and Happy Birthday Sasha 🎉🎉

I will forever be grateful to Lynn, and all of youse guys, for this blog and community. You are missed, Lynn, and you made the world such a better place in the short time you were here.

4. What a beautiful way to remember Lynn. When I think of her, the word ‘fearless’ comes to mind.

5. Queen Butter Bean says:

…and happy birthday to Empress and Sasha.

On a day of celebrating Lynn I wish I could celebrate my aunt’s recovery but unfortunately she passed away early this morning. I don’t know what I’m going to do w/o her. My relationship with both of my aunts was not how some people’s relationships are w/their aunt. Mine was special because they were my second mother. When I was a baby my parents separated. My mother felt my father wasn’t a good provider for her and her baby so she left. Raised me w/o him. She wanted better for me. My aunt’s supported her whole heartedly. In the summer my mom and I would come from Brooklyn to DC to visit our family year after year. It was tough for my mom to take care of me on her own. She worked two and three jobs, I’d stay w/a babysitter, friends. Eventually my aunts told my mom to let me live w/them so I lived w/my aunt, uncle & cousin from elementary school thru high school even after my mom eventually moved to MD when I was in elementary school. My mom was still working hard when she moved to MD so I just continued living w/my aunt and I spent weekends w/my mom or my mom would spend weekends at my aunt’s. My other aunt lived just down the street so I was constantly at her house daily and all of my friends parents were her neighbors. I’d spend the night and weekends at my aunt’s so I could hang out w/my friends. When I was a teenager my aunt had a baby and I stayed at her house throughout that summer to help her and my uncle and when school started it was my responsibility to pick the baby up from the babysitter after school and take care of her until my aunt was home from work. So my aunt’s and uncles were my 2nd moms & surrogate fathers and my cousins were like my brothers and sister. When my uncle died 3 yrs ago it was hard and this will be even harder. My aunt was sweet, loving and very giving and I think the glue during the holidays. She was the first to start organizing. IDK. I’m sad for everyone. My aunt was the younger sister. She had different relationships w/her sisters. My mom was her confidant. My other aunt was her partner in crime. I hate that my cousin has lost his mom, my uncle his wife, my mom and my aunt their sister. I hate that we’ve lost her.
    Thks so much for your prayers. I appreciate it so much. I hope you all have a great weekend.

• cathy connor says:

Big hugs to you Powell knowing and understanding the beautiful bond of a Aunt. My thoughts and prayers with you.
      Thank you all, for your lovely words today and always the love and support are felt by my family and I.

Happy Birthday to everyone I missed .
      Much love to Lynns blog family! She truely loved you all.

• My condolences Powell. I understand now, the depth of your relationship with extended family. You were fortunate to have a second mother and a family that pulls together in whatever way necessary to support one another. Many hugs, Powell, I love your spirit and appreciate your ability to share with us, even at time like this. xxoo

Powell I’m so sorry-it’s clear that you had a wonderful relationship with your Aunt. XOXO

• plainviewsue says:

So sad to hear. In my thoughts Powell.

• jezzibel says:

I’m so sorry for your loss Powell.

• Barb (Just Wondering In Jersey) says:

I’m so sorry Powell. You and your family are in my thoughts.

• Hugs to you Powell. Your aunt was a lovely women who obviously cared for you and your mom.

So sorry for your loss Powell. You and your family are in my thoughts.

• Veena (NMD) says:

So sorry for your loss Powell.

Powell, thanks for sharing your special relationships with your aunt and family. I’m sorry for your loss and hopefully in the days to come your special memories of her will be a comfort to you.

• Stars99 #TeamT-Rex... All Day, Every Day!! says:

Awww… Powell – I love, love, LOVE how you love your Aunt… I smile when I think of what an amazing treasure you are in her life. You’re in my heart, thoughts, and prayers. (((BIG HUGS)))

• Sasha says:

Sorry for your loss Powell. You were lucky to have her in your life.

Oh my dear Powellypooh! I send you love and compassion on this day. You have some wonderful memories of this beautiful soul. She helped form your character so you will carry her with you always.

• 2Stupid says:

I am sooo sorry Powell. Loss is never easy, only knowing they are in a better place is a small solace. My prayers are with you and your family.

(((Powell)))

Powell, I am so sorry for your loss, HUGS to you and your entire family for this huge loss to all of you. Sending out Healing vibes to all of your family

• Amber...Real Wife says:

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

• Powell – Very sorry for your loss, she sounds like she was a wonderful lady.

• ramonacoaster says:

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. Your aunt seems like a very kind and generous woman. My prayers are with you.

• KTinCT says:

(((((Powell))))) I will keep you and your family in my prayers. So very sorry for your loss 😢

• mariareads says:

Oh, Powell, I am so very sorry. I wish I could reach through this computer and give you a hug. Remember that love is everlasting. It leaves something in the atmosphere that can’t be seen but is felt in your soul. That is the love you and your aunt had for each other. What a wonderful person she was in your life. Not all of us can say the same. Take care, my friend. You are in my thoughts.

• SoutheastVA says:

Powell – Condolences. I’m so sorry to hear about your aunt’s passing. I lived with an aunt and uncle during my early years through 1st grade because my father passed before I was 1 yr old and my mom was young and stressed out. I understand the close bond you formed with your aunt. I too feel like my aunt and uncle are surrogate parents and their children (my cousins) are like brothers and sisters to me. I will pray that you and your family get even closer during this time of grieving.

7. plainviewsue says:

Happy birthday ladies!!

8. plainviewsue says:

I remember two years ago as if it was yesterday. I wished Lynn happy birthday both on the blog and on twitter. My friends Gail and Wendy came over to swim that day. It was a hot one. So I wasn’t on line all afternoon. I went on twitter and started seeing tweets about Lynn. I thought it was some kind of sick joke. I sent out a tweet and a fellow Lynn friend tweeted me back and said I’m so sorry, but this is true. I went on the blog to read all the posts. I got off the computer, lied down in bed and sobbed my eyes out. I had never met Lynn. But like everyone here, she made all of us feel like we were lifetime friends.

RIP Lynn~

• Barb (Just Wondering In Jersey) says:

I too sobbed that day two years ago. Today I am teary. I did not know Lynn in person but she has definitely impacted my life by creating her blog and bringing us all together. I am grateful for her and for all of you. You are sorely missed Lynn.

Thank you Veena for keeping us together.

9. Barb (Just Wondering In Jersey) says:

Happy Birthday to Empress and Sasha. Enjoy. Let them eat cake.

Happy Birthday to Empress and Sasha. I can’t believe it has been two years since we lost Lynn. Lynn and I emailed often. Especially when trolls were on the blog. Lynn was so smart and funny. Miss her snark.

Happy Birthday Empress and Sasha

It’s hard to believe two years have passed. Much thanks to Jan for holding this place together! Muah!

12. Stars99 #TeamT-Rex... All Day, Every Day!! says:

It’s hard to believe it’s only been 2 years… Wow… I had read Lynn’s snarky posts for months and months but I never ever commented until her death (I know, now you can’t shut me up…lol). I really wish I had known her – I’m sure we would have had some spirited conversations about this housewife and that housewife…lol… I appreciate reading comments and memories from those who were fortunate enough to know her. I love how this community banded together (Thanks, Veena!) and I’ll always be thankful for the amazing people I’ve met here. Hugs and love to all!

Never shut up Starzy

• mariareads says:

It’s very difficult to read these blogs and see the pictures of Lynn without feeling incredibly sad. It’s just a big hole left in my online acquaintances and friends. Coming to this blog was a stop for me each day no matter where I was going or where I had been. We were so immersed in the HW’s and it was all so new. Oh, it makes me sad.

13. Sasha says:

Happy Birthday to Lynn, Empress and Me.
    I now believe my Grandmother, when she told me the Birthdays would start coming faster and faster.

Have a good everyone and thanks for my Happy Birthdays!!!

Totally OT, sorrysorry!! But WTF! I’m definitely not going to get my head frozen if this is what I’m coming back for! (Sarcasm, I’m kidding!)

15. LaineyLainey says:

Happy Birthday, Empress and Sasha!

16. LaineyLainey says:

This is a beautiful tribute to Lynn. She who brought us all together, thank you, Lynn. R.I.P. Beautiful lady.

17. 2Stupid says:

I have been thinking about Lynn a lot the last few days. Can you imagine what she would be doing with the rumors about JZ and Bethenny coming back! I am sure those have been started by JZ of course. Also, the reports that Bethenny and JZ have reconciled. Again, I call BS, but Lynn would be hot on the trail. I loved how she called the housewives out on their angst.

Thank you all so much for the love, prayers and support. You all made me smile. Leave it to TexasTart to crack me up. “Did someone say cake?” 😀
    I thank and bless you my friends. BIG hugs to you all. 🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅

19. Butters'Mom says:

couldn’t let the day go by without saying RIP to my lovely friend Lynn. I miss you everyday. thank you to all who keep this blog going. Powell I’m sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.

20. Jan (TexasTart) says:

T-Rex – How’s day 3?

Tartzy, Day Three and not doing that great, had to take the Zofran for the nausea and finally got my piece of pizza, only had a small amount, but it’s the only thing I have eaten in the past two days. Starting to feel a bit better already though, thanks to everyone for their thoughts, I am sure that they helped me tremendously through the past few days, you guys are the reason I stay here, and our Beloved Lynn is the reason I came here in the first place, can’t believe it’s been two years since she has passed. Thinking of her family today.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Good to hear from you. Hopefully you can have a small amount again later.

Going to try to have some Marie Callendar’s Apple pie with some ice cream and whip cream. Just waiting for it cool off as we speak. Now, I say I am going to eat this, but right now, not happening, but hoping that in a half hour I will be able to try it at least.

• mariareads says:

T-Rex I hate that you are going through this. But to get better we sometimes have to go through misery. I am learning to take little steps in my leg recovery and suddenly realized today that I can walk up the stairs like a normal person even though it still hurts. I am learning to measure improvement and better health in much smaller increments. I do hope the nausea quits. I have experienced something similar and it’s pretty miserable. I’m tasting apple pie in my mind LOL! I hope you tasted it in reality!

I hope you were able to enjoy your treat, our beloved Dino.

BB, thank you for sharing.

Lynn,
    Today is your birthday and I would of celebrated in some way,
    I cannot let it go without some mark of this day. So my dear friend this is the place where….
    I will wish you a happy birthday so you will know I still care.
    Shanna

• cathy connor says:

Boston you were so special to her, thank you for remembering her and to all ,much appreciated. (( hugs ))

24. Lady Chatterley says:

Happy Birthday to our dear Empress (**deep curtsy**)1

How I do miss our friend Lynn. Her wit and warmth was a bright spot – as so many of you have said in the past, I too started every day w/Lynn’s blog. I was not only entertained by Lynn’s clever take on these crazy HWs, but I was buoyed by the wonderful comraderie of her devoted followers. I don’t comment often, but I do read every day – I think more to check in on each of you, than the housewives. 🙂

Big hug to each of you on day that marks both the loss of our friend and the day that she was brought into this world. She certainly made it a brighter place for so many of us, didn’t she?

25. I remember that day so well. I posted her birthday “housewives this day in history”. When I didn’t hear from her, I just felt something was wrong. I cried all day. My husband and kids were so sweet to me. They understood how much she, and all of you meant to me. God bless Lynn, her family, and each of you. Love, Dame

26. idabeeitch says:

What a lovely tribute to Lynn…I think of her and ALL OF YOU often….

HUGS AND PEACE
    DIVA

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Smoke and mirrors! All these BH women have been forced to be together for filming!

• I kind of hope they make up so I can put a nail in the HW series for good and not be tempted to watch.

There’s a difference between chit chatting at a party they’re contractually obligated to attend and being friends. If I were Lisa, I wouldn’t trust telling Brandi much more than the time of day.

The thing is though he party was at Brandi’s house-Lisa certainly wouldn’t HAVE to go to a private party at her house if she didn’t want to-we have seen HWs not attended parties.

I re-read the article and they clearly state they were cordial with one another, which is the polite way of stating they barely spoke two words to each other, and one thing to be noted that usually the RoyalVpumps are professionals when it comes to their contract, they tend to honor their contract obligations. The only event I think they missed was SpaceCadetKim’s kids HS graduation party.

It’s a SHOWMANCE only no way that the RoyalVpump is ever anything more than castmates with that idiot THE-LIAR-SUPREME-SLUTBAG-MORONSTFUBrandi, sorry don’t buy it. She has to interact with her on the show, but RoyalVPump never forgets, nor truly forgives either.

You are correct. Lisa is doing it for the show. If Bravo decided to film this house warming party for Brandi’s new rental-home and the rest of the cast was in attendance plus the ex HWs that could mean less air time for Lisa. There is no freaking way that Brandi will be allowed back in the Vanderpump-Todd’s life.
        On the other hand, why is Brandi inviting Lisa to her rental-home warming party? Wasn’t Lisa a master manipulator in Brandi’s eyes last year? Did Lisa manipulated ONCE AGAIN Brandi into Brandi inviting her to her rental-home warming party? (Eyes Roll)

27. Amber...Real Wife says:

Hello All. I’ve been MIA yet lurking. I read the posts after HWs shows but with different obligations can’t post as often as I want..

Lynn came into my life at a time when I really needed a distraction from my ever mounting problems. Health issues for myself and family, rental issues with my tenant, countless pending short sale transactions falling through and a big ole bitch named JillZarin who was wrecking my nerves picking on widdle ole Bethenny while BRAVO refused to let me vent on the site.

While reading Lynn’s blog the health issues improved for most, I sold the rental property, purchased a new builder’s special and JillZarin was exposed for the evil she was and later Bethenny was exposed for the neurotic selfish nutjob she was as well. Bravo continues to sensor me but I continue the love/hate relationship with them.

Lynn’s writing was funny, snarky and informative. Her writings entertained us all and made everyone smile and laugh. The news of her passing had me crying for a lady I never met but felt I knew her as a friend. She is greatly missed. She welcomed us all and always tried her best to have us all behave harmoniously even when some refused. She was a wayward den mother to wayward adult women and men who all came together for a common cause… originally to hate on JillZarin and then to just enjoy the recaps of all Bravo shows. IOTW we came for the HATE and stayed for the LOVE. 🙂 😉 😛

She is greatly missed by us and can only imagine how her family and friends feel everyday. I thank her family for sharing her with us. I wish her teenage son strength as he continues his life’s journey. God Bless Her Family and May God Continue to Keep Her In His Care.

RIP LynnHudson.

AmberRose

28. ramonacoaster says:

I’m glad this blog is still here where we can come together and remember Lynn. Thanks Veena for keeping up this blog, and TexasTart & Jeff (when he comes back) for managing the blog while Veena is away on a fabulous adventure and to all the other bloggers who contribute lots of entertaining content. I miss Lynn’s eloquence and sense of humor in her commentary. I loved that some housewives knew who she was by reading the blog. It tickled me pink. Especially when it infuriated Jill.

What the hell happened to Kiley Jenner?! I saw recent pictures and this 17 year old has had MAJOR PLASTIC SURGERY. That is not her face. She looks like a completely different person! How sad sad sad.

VV what is worse is that her FAMEWHOREBIRTHRECEPTACLE had to approve all that work due to her being a minor child. It’s just sad.

I didn’t think of that…how very sad. I mean, she looks like a completely different person.

• mariareads says:

They are one by one becoming the poster people for what not to do in your life. What a train wreck. That mother needs a come to reality moment.

30. rabblerouser2010R says:

HappyBirthday and RIP Lynn.

I can still remember the day learned Lynn left us. I remember breaking out in tears and wanting it to be a lie. I think when we loose someone from this blog, it really does take a toll on us. But it made me so proud of everyone on this blog on how they rallied together for Lynn’s family in helping with Bobby’s college fund. In my mind if solidified real friendships and love that can be found here.

I know that lately I haven’t posted too often, and I know that I don;t always share the same opinions as every one here. but I do I hope I have been successful in conveying how special the folks who post here are to me.

31. Amalfi says:

You are missed everyday, friend.

32. T-Rex says:

Have to say it’s so awesome to see familiar names posting today that we haven’t seen in forever, we have missed all of you SO MUCH. Hi to all of you! RIP to our Beloved Lynn that brought us all together in this place.

33. looneylucy says:

My heart goes out to Lynn’s family today. Thank you Veena, Jan and all others for keeping the family together. I’m so happy to see long ago posters checking in. I was so happy to hear from Diva. I miss her. Jeff lives within 80-100 miles of me. I won’t mess with his personal business, but if he would accept a visitor, I can represent.

34. Jan (TexasTart) says:
  35. Buttercream says:

Happy Belated Birthday Empress and Sasha … and a special hug to all the Ladies and Gents who have and continue to blog these shows since Lynn’s untimely passing … xo

36. SoutheastVA says:

I haven’t been on the site in almost a week so I’m just seeing this tribute. I too remember the day Lynn passed away. I came on the site earlier than normal. I used to read it at lunch time. For some reason I was on at about 10:00am EST. i was surprised that there wan’t a new blog. I checked the site again around noon and nothing. I remeber feeling puzzled. Lynn was so fastidious about posting and if she couldn’t she’d leave a note that it would be late and why. I check again in the afternoon and saw that she passed. I was gutted. I was in the office and just stared at the computer. I felt sick to my stomach after reading the posts. I’m not a very emotional person but I cried. I liked Lynn so much. I never met her or spoke with her on the phone. I did converse with her here, on Facebook and Twitter and always felt great that she personally reached out and responded to me. Like you all I loved her writing and shared many of her beliefs. I loved that fact that should could disagree with about being disagreeable and she allowed everyone to express their own truth even if it was different from her. I still think about her often. I wonder if her family is ok. I pray that her children are flourishing. I come here weekly. I can’t give this site up. When I told my husband about her passing, he felt sad. He understood how much I loved this site and thought it was a hoot that we’d all wish each other Happy Birthday to one another even though we’d never met. Lynn built this community of unlikely comrades. The fact that it still stands 2 years have her going home is a testament to her much we cared for her.

37. SoutheastVA says:

Happy Belated Birthday Empress and Sasha!

Two years – it seems so long and yet so short a span of time – I “met” Lynn on twitter, and she invited me to the blog – I came here and fell in love with all of you, but of Lynn I was especially protective – she had a generous heart, and she cared and worried over all of you – mixed in with her wit and her snark was a talented writer – she would not back down when those ignorant fools attempted to invade her blog home – her first concern was her her blog family and despite horrid comments she dispatched them with a confidence and defiance wrapped up in a pure poetry of words – knowing they had met their match, they left and never came back –

she was so supportive of me when she learned that my cousin, a NYC firefighter, had been murdered on 9-11, sending me an email that reminded me all over again what a steadfast and loyal friend she was

and now, two short years later, what has she left behind? a handsome son, confident in his future, and a family that holds her in their hearts where she will always find peace, yes, but, selfishly, my heart dwells here, when I think of her – in this place, she lives – we have become more than a bunch of people obsessing over theHWs – I, we, have taken a small piece of her fearlessness, her generosity, her compassion, her laughter, and we share it with each other and then carry it forward out to the world – we all have gifts – this I have always believed – but Lynn inspired many of us, and challenged all of us, to be better, be stronger, and most of all, to never, ever give up – and now, remembering her today, many have come home for a visit, to a place that they know that Lynn still lives on, to share a memory, a smile, to just once again be near those who love her – that was her gift to all of us – my gift back is to never forget the warmth, the kindness and the determination that she showed a girl she never even met –

Thank you Lynn for the gift of letting me be part of the finest group of people I have never met. I hold you in my heart, and pray for you and all your care each day

You all know how much I love you all – thank you –

thank you too to NMD, to Jeff, to Texas Tart, and to all of the bloggers – I can sense Lynn in each blog post, in every comment and I can think of no better way to honor her – I know she is watching and reading, and rooting for us all, and always in our corner

*hugs every single one of you very hard*

Powell – I am so very sorry for your loss – coming from a very close family, I can understand your sorrow – my prayers are with you and all your care and I pray that your memories will keep calm your heart and give you peace – please know that you are not alone –

Happy Birthday Sasha and Empress – may all of your wishes come true
    *sets down an ice cream cake*