Project Runway “The Klum Of Doom”

Project Runway

S13E5 “The Klum Of Doom”

By Princess Pindy

Tonight’s episode of Project Runway is a challenge to make a look for Heidi to wear to a Red Carpet Event. The 2014 Creative Art Emmys. There have been pictures online  this past week of Heidi wearing a “Blue string” dress and rumors that this is the dress from this challenge (and it wasn’t Amanda that made it, lol).  We will see if this is true.  The guest judge is Lindsay Vonn.  She is the Olympic Gold Medal winning skier that is dating Tiger Woods, so already I am not at all impressed with her taste or choices.

The designers must mix their point of view with Heidi’s style. She says she likes unexpected, fearless, fashion forward and does not want to be on the worst dressed list.  Amanda has immunity from winning last week’s challenge.  The designers are exited.  Tim feels the need to say that it is an elegant and sophisticated event, “Mitchell”, yep, Tim called him out. They get a half hour to sketch and then it is off to Mood with $250 and they have one day.  Tim tells them, “The success of our challenges begin and end at Mood.” and I agree, they have all picked such hideous fabrics in past challenges, even for additional fabric,  IPPHO…I hope this is a different, but it won’t be.  The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.

*****Sean is designing a blue fringe, floor length gown and that is the dress that she wore to the CA Emmys so we know who won, lol.******

TIME WITH TIM AND HEIDI

LOL, they had thunder sound effects when Heidi walks in.

Heidi is going to be wearing this look and she is taking NO PRISONERS!!!  I think we are seeing the real Heidi, IPPHO.  She is being brutal and honest, in other words, or the same words, brutally honest!!!  She doesn’t like much of anything she has seen and I don’t really blame her.  I’m just not impressed with these designers.  Tim was right, it comes down to what they choose at Mood and they ‘chose poorly.”  I just don’t understand why they pick such ugly, dull fabric.  I don’t know what is in their heads, they got a dossier of her past looks….wth??  Most of the designers are struggling.

SHeee’s back…..Heidi is scared and that they need to start over…so they are going back to Mood.  They each get $100 and 20 minutes to shop.  You don’t have to go and can give your $100 to another designer…  Sandhya goes around asking everyone that is not going for their money….before anyone else can..she ends up with $400 and being able to buy $120 a yard fabric… Emily is not happy with the second chance, she feels that the designers should have picked the right fabric the first time, I agree.

A lot of the designers are really having a hard time with this challenge, even after getting new fabric.  There also seems to be a undercurrent of anger towards Sandhya from those who know what she did and how much she spent.  But hey, she hustled and asked them for the money, they could have said no or asked for the money themselves. We know she didn’t win, ha!!  The last two hours of trying to get the looks done and hair and make-up is fairly frantic.  I feel so bad for them all and know the stress they are feeling, I don’t have to imagine, haha!! With ten minutes left there are looks that are complete and then there are looks that no amount of time would help.  This is sad.  I am really disappointed in this group of designers, truth be told.  Even more disappointing, I am feeling sorry for Mitchell

THE RUNWAY – IPPHO

Char is first, it looks pretty but it is nothing new!!!  Emily’s dress is very short but it looks like a cave man dress.  Mitchell, his look is a “hot mess express”, lol.  Korina, it looks like a first sewing project, it is bad.  Fade, I like his dress but some of the seams don’t match, stripes need to match.  Alexander’s dress the back is SO short, not good at all.  Sandhya, it is nothing special, the material is doing all the work, not the design, nothing new.  Samantha’s look is not bad.   Kristine’s is a boob fest, it is bad, poorly made.  Kini’s look… something is off with the hips, they look weird.  Maybe I’m just not use to seeing a model with some booty and hips.  Sean, a breath of fresh air in this lineup of farts.  It is beautiful. Yes, I said farts, I was trying to wax poetically and be all “Writer Girl” but the stuff coming down the runway was pure shit, so farts seemed appropriate!  Amanda’s beaded dress is too heavy on the beading, it’s pretty but off.

TOP AND BOTTOM

Kristine, Kini, Korina, Sean, Mitchell, Amanda are the six that had the best and worst.  We know Sean won, and I think Amanda is in the top, Kini might be in the top too, but I thought there was something funky with his seams.  But Korina and Kristine are definitely in the bottom and Mitchell is a self described, “Hot Mess Express”…stop making me like you Mitchell!!!

The Judges say:

Kini,~ Heidi, fantastic, $1000s of dollars, gave drama, Lindsay thinks it is stunning.  Nina thinks it hugs incredible, well done.  Zac’s highest score.

Amanda, ~Heidi, thinks it is beautiful, Zac, allergic reaction to the beads.  Nina, blah, blah, blah.

Kristine,~ Sac, boob canyon, Lindsay devil wears Prada, Zac indecent exposure, Nina like paneling if done properly it would have looked well, badly executed.  Heidi, too sexy. (I never thought I would hear that from her, she really meant that it looked unfinished and I wouldn’t be caught dead in that piece of crap.)

Mitchell,~ “the fabric beat me up” Oh Mitchell, that is so cute and it is so true…   Heidi, back is rough hurts my eyes.  Lindsay, tried too hard.  Nina, this red looks like a Christmas ornament, matronly, unflattering.  Zac, you were out of your element.

Sean ~ Lindsay, different, beautiful.  Zac loves it everything about it. Nina, was worried it would make her look bigger, bareness in the back balances out the heavy of the fringe.

Korina~ Nina, doesn’t know where to start, old lady. Heidi doesn’t like the color.  Zac wouldn’t wear it either.  I think he would, lol.

I didn’t get everything Lindsay said, she was dull, dull, dull!!

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

Basically, the three top looks are well made, no surprise there.  The three bottom looks are as Nina says were, “Amateur Hour.”  They are really, really, badly constructed and the designs are just not good.  Zac seemed less touchy, feely this week.

THE WINNER AND THE LOSER

We already know the winner is Sean….and Kini and Amanda are safe.   Mitchell is out, 😦  I am sad!!!   Kristine is out too!!!!  WOW, two out…good!!  Korina is safe, but barely.

You can see the looks from this week’s show at this link:

_________________________

Photo credit Huffington Post: Heidi Klum arrives at the 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Heidi Klum arrives at the 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

_________________________

This entry was posted in Project Runway. Bookmark the permalink.

114 Responses to Project Runway “The Klum Of Doom”

1. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Hello everyone! Don’t Be Tardy was not on last night, the next episode will be on Sunday. Thanks to PrincessPindy for brining us Project Runway! 😀

• Laineylainey says:

Hi Jan! How are you doing? Great I hope.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I’ve had a trying week, but I am great compared to pre-surgery. Thank you for asking. I’ve been missing your words of wisdom around here. Hope you are well. 🙂

Good morning everyone. I’m glad this is it. The funeral for my aunt. Sighhhhh. 😦
    Well you all have a great day and I’ll TTU later.

Just saw on GMA Aviva’s image consultant friend. They were talking about this new temporary breast enhancing procedure that is saline injected into your breasts, which takes 20 minutes to do, costs $2500 and lasts only 24 hrs. Aviva’s friend said she’s had it twice. They showed a before and after pic of her and the after looked good. I suspect after her HWs appearance and blogs discussing her deflated boobs she started getting this done.

$2,500 for 24 hrs. .. .. I don’t get it. She should just eat a couple of hamburgers.

Oh Good Grief, why don’t you just buy the WonderBra and stuff it with toilet paper. Same effect. Can you imagine some unsuspecting guy that you randomly take home meets you at a C or D cup and wakes up to an A cup, like some flat tire that lost it’s air. Of course we could totally see FauxLegMunchausenAdviva spending 2500 for fake boobs for 24 hours!

i should have read your comment first TR– you were in my head….. 😆

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Lol it’s like the Cinderella story but worse–for the guy. At midnight, her boobs vanish. Haha

No way I’d pay that kind of money for 24-hour boobs. Why not just pay an extra $2,000 and make it permanent?

4. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Oh my, PrincessPindy said something so unexpectedly funny – I’m not going to say what, or it spoils the ‘unexpectedly’! Just y’all don’t eat while reading! 😆

• Laineylainey says:

Princess, I was laughing too! Great blog! So was it pure Sh!t or all f@rt$? Maybe both. So am I right in remembering that all the top people chose wisely the first time at Mood? And all the bottoms (low 3) got a second chance?

Great blog PP! When I think of fashion advice, I don’t think of Lindsay Vonn either. I don’t really sew, I make quilts 😜 so it’s sewing-not-sewing, but seeing Sean’s fabric and thinking about all that fringe in a machine makes me shudder. Heidi did look good on the Red Carpet.

Thinking of you today Powell. And I hope you are feeling better T-Rex! How was your picnic Jill? Did you guys do the 3-legged race?!

It’s almost Memorial Day – end of summer – too fast!

6. Jan (TexasTart) says:

T-Rex – we could use an update!

Here is the canned report we sent out to our Family and Friends Yesterday, this is when I had my appointment with my docs and got the news! I changed some of the words to T-Rex for here on the blog!

We are happy to report that after the second major treatment that T-Rex has taken to the treatments almost textbook. As the Oncologist/Endocrinologist put it, T-Rex is his poster child of this disease, something even the Doctors didn’t think would happen. We did not disclose that she was stage IV cancer as diagnosed, but this type of cancer has a possible 60/40 chance long term, so it wasn’t a death sentence, as this stage is with other cancers. With all the treatments and monthly infusions at Moffitt Cancer Center, the disease took well to all the treatments and today we learned that T-Rex is in “maintenance” mode. The docs are elated and completely astonished, as were we, he wants to bottle her enthusiasm and attitude because that’s what got her through this. But we reminded him that our Family and Friends got her through this with their help, thoughts and prayers, and we thank all of you that have kept us in your thoughts and prayers. She is not out of the woods completely and has a long road ahead, but those odds for her according to the docs have shifted to 80/20 long term! IN HER MIND it’s 100/0, of course who would think she would give into anything less than those odds!! She will still be with Moffitt Monthly for her Infusions and see the Docs every month for six months, then if all goes well, every three months, then after two years of maintenance, it will be every six months, and possibly down the road just once a year. They claim she will never be completely cured, just to maintain, and that can be thirty+plus years, but she vehemently begs to differ and is going to be that one case that beats this!!

You are a warrior TRex. So glad to hear that the treatment is going so well.!

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Praise God!
        I need a bottle of that to put in a safe in case of dire emergency. Sadly, it can not be bottled! Support is imperative, but you still have to reach deep inside your soul to maintain enthusiasm and attitude while enduring a lot of physical misery! IIRC your initial symptoms were in November? Wow. I still remember you explaining your early hospital stays. Sounds like the medical team you assembled through Moffit was the bomb! 💣
        Cheers to your good news! 🙌🙅🙌🙆

Well, technically my symptoms started in June of last year, but I ignored them until November when I couldn’t manage the pain with NSAIDS(Aleve) any longer and my legs started to feel weird. It was December 1st that I went to the GOOD hospital(Tampa General) when I couldn’t use my legs any longer at all, and December 2nd was my surgery and diagnosis. Yep my docs really are astonished that less than a year from diagnosis, at the stage I was at, that I am in maintenance. I am VERY LUCKY and I know it.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Thanks for the clarification. So astonishing! And to think, maybe your doctors could have a new high expectation for people that might have a similar diagnosis.

• What beautiful news!! ((((T-Rex)))))

Amazing TRex ! So happy for the great news !

So — I’m sorry, in the long long run- are you basically taking synthroid and will veer more hypothyroid rather than hyper correct?
        Soon you can eat whatever ?

I’m sorry I have gotten lost in the medical stuff, my sincerest apologies. Just wondering long term what it means thyroid and metabolism- wise.

Wonderful News. I am delighted to read it.

• Great news. Attitude is everything and you are the bomb.

Fantastic news!

7. Good morning and thanks for the great blog! I have to watch PR but I’m noticing that the guest judges are not your typical fashionistas. Heidi looks like a bird in that dress. PACaaaW

📢📢📢📢📢🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔📡📡📡📡📡

time for some 🎾🎾🎾🎾
      Just in time for the us open!

LOLOLOL

Yo ASH do you have yet ANOTHER jam packed party weekend ahead ??!! It’d been nonstop for you girlfriend 🍻🍻🍻🍻🏃🏃🏃

I have a party tomorrow-my niece is turning 18-Sunday is going to be one long day of resting!

I would Vanderdismiss that Jill as a lazy person trying make some easy money.

Here’s a Vanderfabulous tweet from the Queen herself about her Vanderfabulous new restaurant. A Vanderwonderful story.

I don’t think it’s a money making thing-I think sexual harassment is a real problem in the Vanderworld and they need to get a handle on their management before it gets worse.
        And of course she would tweet that story-it’s a glowing Vandereview. She will only talk about the issues in her restaurant when she can spin it for Vandersympathy!!

8. T-Rex – so glad you’re doing well. I’ve travelled the same road – hugs to you! 100/0 is THE way to look at it.

That dress Heidi Klum is wearing and the way she’s wearing it makes me think of those big ol’ brushes at the car wash.

As has been said before, the Dubrows are terrible folks. I wouldn’t let them in my house.

Terry Beador is just scrumptious-looking!

Hey to everyone else!!!!!

Thank God, T-Rex!!!!! – that is wonderful news!!!! – I am quite cetain that those cancer cells took one look at your powerful spirit and knew they could not win!! – Good doctors and good treatment go a long way, but your refusal to quit, your optimisim, is what carried you – you are so incredibly strong! – you have them on the run, now carry on beating those nasty things all the way back to hell!! – your family and friends stand with you, and your Lynnfam right here stand beside you too – always!!!! *hugs T-Rex really hard*

10. Oh what a week!!! I can’t believe I got everything done!! Had to go this morning for a fasting blood test and the results are in, I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so hard getting up and getting there, but it was so nice to know that afterwards I could go home to my first love, coffee, coffee, coffee!!!
    T-Rex, you know that you scared the hell out of those cells!!! OH HELL NO, NOT HERE, NOT NOW!!!!
    Princess Beanie Boo started her classes this week, she is taking 15 units. YAY!!!! She is on her way and she did NOT call me and tell me, “Come and take me away!!!” I actually had a few hours alone in my house, it was amaaaaazzzzing!!
    I won my fight with the IRS for my son!!! They received my “Dumb downed” letter of explanation of how they mixed up his 2 years of returns and NO he did not owe them, they owe him!!! I should have taken a picture of the package. It was color coded with highlighter and arrows, it was pretty funny but I had to make it “idiot proof” Received a letter yesterday saying a check would be in the mail…yeah and they’re from the government and they are here to help, lol!!!
    Also won with the Insurance company and got the other guy’s company to pay for the repairs on my son’s car. I am 2 for 2 in that arena. He went and picked up his car yesterday and it is beautiful!!!
    Assorted other daily drama and trauma and I made it thru!!!
    I also made reservations at a gorgeous downtown L.A. hotel. My daughter is having a friend come from Toronto this fall and they are going to a comic convention. So I asked my friend to go with me and while they are there we are going to go to the Garment District and anywhere else we can think of. We both grew up in the LA area and have talked about going up there. But neither of us was up for the drive then the walking around and then the drive back…. We have 3 nights and it is all free due to my hubs hotel rewards!!! My daughter gasped when she saw the room. It is a $400 a night room, lol! It is awesome!
    So life is good in Pindyland!!!

The results are in : you’re hysterical !

Lol. Glad that all went well with your son and the IRS – I remember that going down around the blog !

Garment district sounds fun- when PR did that one season in LA- didn’t they go to a Mood in LA? I feel like it….. Or I could just be wayyyyyyy off.

Sounds like fun !

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

What a week for you!! I’m so happy that life is great in Pindyland! You’ve had to battle with the IRS and insurance company and won both!? What what…doing a quick shoulder dance a la Keith Sweat (Lisa Wu’s ex).
      Thanks for updating us on your kids too. And can’t wait for you to enjoy that luxe hotel!

• omgosh, when we were driving to the doctor my daughter was reading the comments from the blog out loud and when she got to yours and she “squawked” out loud we laughed hysterically!!! She said, “the women on this blog are pretty funny” I said, “they really are!”

You are da woman!

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I swear that I heard a Lion roar while reading a weekly summary from Princess. Good for you, GO girl! 😀

11. Thank you for the PR blog. I liked Char’s, Kini and Sandya dresses. Of course Sean’s was great. I was not impressed with Amanda’s dress.
    Watched Extreme Parenting and I wanted to punch that mother. I need to stop watching this disturbing show.

• I haven’t watched the Parenting show…I think it would piss me off too much and I am living next to my own version. The neighbor’s nephews and niece has been living with them for a couple of months and the one screams…..for no reason, just screams always about 2 or 3 times. I know he is leaving this week but I have almost lost it a couple of times….. The Husband/Uncle/neighbor has talked to me about it and says the Mom of “Gabe”, his sister-in-law, doesn’t want to hear anything bad about her kids and it is really hard. She is living in LA and driving down for the weekends. The father came this week and is taking them back home to Montana….it better happen soon. Gabe may get “read” by me and the downside is that he may never even speak again, let alone scream! UGH!!

• AZGirl says:

PP the boy sounds like he needs to be evaluated. It could be a form of tourettes (sp?) I would lose it if it was me. Sounds like you have a fun trip to LA coming up. Going to Mood I am sure.

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

I saw the preview for that show, and it looks like it would stress me out.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Extreme Parenting – oh my gosh, I watched and posted the first episode that I will NEVER watch that again. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap those parents for ruining their children and their relationship with other relatives – the relatives who were quite possibly the only people on earth to be able to be around them! Arrrrgh! :::running out of the room screaming::: Needless to say, I had an intensely strong reaction to the show …save yourself, Foxy, don’t watch it!

That Lisa person seems like a total nutjob in those emails. At first I just dismissed it as inane school girl like ramblings but then she close with a bunch of vile accusations. And if one of them is true, it’s just despicable for someone to take an issue like that and use it against someone. If it’s not true, it’s just as sick to lie about.

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Hi Eastbayca, I saw that!! How scandalous, right?! I read MeGo’s blog and she’s so full of it pretending like those two are in love. Ugh

• I knew when I was watching that scene that there was no way they were a couple…I don’t even think she said much of anything….so crazy, all of it!!!

There’s something really, really weird about this.

12. T-Rex says:

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes, note that you all are included as those that really helped me through this, you guys ROCK! It was so fun writing that note, and it was amazing to be able to send that out to our numerous friends and family. I hope others get the same results and at least they know from me, it DOABLE!

13. Barb (Just wondering in Jersey) says:

Continuing from yesterday, I’m now making my 4th attempt to fill a cylinder. Let it run for 4 hours each time and then tried to remove the cylinder from the filler. The full light never came on so I shut it down and slept on the matter. I’ve tried twice again today and the same thing happened. Called the Co. And they are sending a replacement filler tonight. Why don’t I believe they will really come? Called the liaison to see if he got the request for delivery in like he said. Had to leave a voice mail for him. I doubt he’ll be calling back either. I tried following up with several other sections and finally ended up screaming at the last person that the filler wasn’t working so I couldn’t come get the tank without oxygen as I did not have the portable concentrator and could not fill the tanks.

Situation normal all effed up. SNAFU.

14. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Jill – I’m still waiting for my TIGHT dinner and I think chismosa is still waiting for a stupid candle. Could you stop partying a bit and pay attention to us?!

• Barb (Just wondering in Jersey) says:

Being nosy. What’s a TIGHT dinner?

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Oh my, I think I am delirious from walking out to the mail box and having a neighbor stop to chat when it’s 106! 😳 That should be a crime!

Barb, you can be nosy anytime that Jill is not being nosy, lol, I told you I was delirious! She was talking during RHONJ that MEGO didn’t have a real meal laid out for her guests and that it was being filmed and all that if it were Jill she would have a TIGHT meal (like everything would be grand and in perfect order) so I told her to include me in that!

I don’t want to cook, on top of being delirious from the heat, lol. Sorry you are having hell with this oxygen situation….of all things shouldn’t oxygen be a priority to someone besides just you?! How aggravating!!!

• Barb (Just wondering in Jersey) says:

Jan thanks for the explanation of tight dinner. I wouldn’t care I wanted one of megos steaks any way lol.

106! I’d be melted on the ground. If you could bottle some of that heat and send it to me and Powell next winter that would be good. I could save some $ on oil then :D.

There is little humanity in the corporate world, sadly.

Tartsy-I’m still trying to save up to buy that very expensive stupid candle…as for the TIGHT dinner-come on over!!!

15. Barb (Just wondering in Jersey) says:

OMG. the guy who set up my oxygen equipment called!!! The secret to filling is to close the tank. That makes no sense to me but it’s working. He told me to do a test and he’d call back after I did it. It appears it is working now. Time will tell. And he did call back so I told him what else I needed and he wrote it down. If he remembers where he put the list I might get my stuff. He wanted to know if I got the 4hour tank to which I replied no. Said he would bring it next week. If he follows thru this will be the first time I got any service in a month.

16. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Famehoeyness

I will FOREVER think of this word every time I see Terry Dubrow – or just randomly, like now. Thank you, Kit9.

SlutPig and MethHead are BBF.

Omg Milania, being Milania

19. Jan (TexasTart) says:
  20. Pingback: Poor Heidi! — Places to Go w/ Nothing to Wear! | Fashion Nexus

21. Pingback: Poor Heidi! — Places to Go, But Ahhhhh, Nothing to Wear! | Fashion Nexus

22. Pingback: PR Designers — Goin’ to the Chapel and…… | Fashion Nexus