Project Runway – Rock The Wedding

Project Runway

S13E6 “Rock The Wedding”

By Princess Pindy

I have to say I love, love, love the title of this week’s episode. The real song by Billy Idol, “White Wedding” was out when my husband and I were married in 1984. I really wanted it blasting from the church as people came in….it would have been awesome. But cooler heads prevailed. I still love that song and Billy Idol!! So the challenge is to create an unconventional wedding dress and a dress for the reception. My daughter and I have spoken about unconventional wedding dresses many times. We have talked about what we would make for her and it usually involves a lot of bling, spandex, and perhaps a cape, lol!

pr13-ep6-episode3[1] There are two guest judges this week, Dita Von Teese and Chiara Ferragni. From Wikipedia: Dita Von Teese (born Heather Renée Sweet on September 28, 1972) is an American burlesque dancer, model, costume designer, entrepreneur and occasional actress. She is thought to have helped re-popularize burlesque performance and was once married to Marilyn Manson. Chiara Ferragni (born 7 May 1987) is a widely-followed blogger and fashion designer who has been employed by Guess as a model/spokesperson. As a blogger, she is known as The Blonde Salad, which is the name of both her blog and her first published book. She has done a broad array of fashion collaborations with leading designers.  I knew of Dita Von Teese but never heard of Chiara Ferragni….so I did the Google work for you!  What can I say, I’m a giver!

pr13-ep6-episode28[1]As usual the episode starts off at the apartments….  Korina called Amanda a phony…when did this happen????  I must have missed it..”Awwww, someone’s crying.”

The designers go nuts over Dita…I don’t get it, lol.  Tim calls her a “Fashion Icon.”  Dita says that she and Tim are not getting married..and then Tim says that if they did it “would wake my Mother from the dead.”  Tim is pretty funny.  RUT ROH, it’s a team challenge.  The teams are:  Fade and Emily;  Alexander and Samantha; Kini and Sean (has immunity);  Sandhya and Char.  And SURPRISE, it’s Korina and Amnada… .DRAMA!!!!!  What did I miss…I need to watch the end of the last episode and see if it was said after the vote…  The teams decide to have each designer do one look.  Divide and Conquer! Off to Mood!!

IN THE WORKROOM…

The tension is high with Korina and Amanda, Samantha thinks Korina is trying to psyche her out….could be, mind games…what happened???  LOL!  Char said, “F&$*#ing Leather”, that is so funny.  Probably one of the most honest, real reactions I have seen this season!!  Char says to one of the guys that she told Amanda that she doesn’t think it is fair that Amanda was brought back.<—–a clue

Well thank goodness for Fade!!!  He was there to talk to Amanda so now I know that I didn’t miss anything last week….all the drama happened off camera.  Amanda tells Fade that Korina told her she was “a big fat phony”…Char told Amanda all of her wins are taking wins away from other people….wow it happened off camera…but fortunately Fade was there ON CAMERA for Amanda to tell him, lol!

Well, guess what Korina and Char???… Boo Hoo, this is what Project Runway wanted for this season. You signed up for it so play the cards you were dealt!!!  If Amanda is winning that is not her fault.  I know a lot of people don’t like her but I like her.  I think she does good work, may not be my taste but it is still well made.  Do your best work and don’t look at other people.  Yes, the judges are allegedly insane with their choices so just do your best and be proud of that.  Don’t blame it on someone else that is so ridic!!  Typical Real Housewife behavior, don’t take responsibility for your own actions and blame your failings on someone else’s success.  “Who does that?”

TIME WITH TIM

Tim doesn’t like weddings, lol

Sandhya and Char are using bright yellow, Big Bird yellow!!! Tim tells them, “I’m Worried.”  He should be. Char isn’t doing well with her “Leather and Lace” look…she should have told Sandyha aka “Little Miss Bossy Pants” “No!! I don’t want that shade of yellow!!!”  Tim is worried about Korina not having innovation and Amanda’s look is all about innovation…  Amanda is trying not to do a Happy Dance, lol!!!!  You can tell she is just thrilled that Tim is saying this to Korina after how much Korina hurt her feelings!!  I noticed that Tim is giving ideas this season and I don’t remember him doing that in the past…guidance yes, but not actual ideas… I could be wrong.

LAST MINUTE FRENZY

Amanda offers to help Korina with her pants.  She has to do it or Korina won’t have pants.  I don’t know if Amanda purposely cut the pants wrong for Korinas suit, or if it was an honest mistake..hahaha.  Kini makes the shirt for Sean’s look because Sean is taking forever to make his pants.  I am not sure anyone is going to be saying “Yes to the dress”. In her TH Sandhya says, “Korina came in thinking she was the best and treating everyone badly…” YIKES!!

THE RUNWAY

LOL, the designers barely say hello to the other judge they don’t know who she is!  They greeted Dita with such love.  Heidi introduced Chiara Ferragni they we less than enthusiastic, it was funny, IPPHO.

I liked Fade and Emily the best…and I think Sandhya and Char are the worst, we will see….if they are the bottom team they will send home Char, they won’t get rid of Sandhya, IPPHO.  The other designers showed nothing new as far as design.

I am just going to say that this episode the judges were really mean in what they said to the designers.  I don’t know if it was really constructive criticism as much as it was just a bunch of insults.  I think that they just are really insensitive to the amount of work that the designers have done to get this looks to the runway.  I don’t think it is called for.  I was writing down everything they were saying and I deleted it all.  It was just too much.  Yes, Sandhya and Char’s look was bad and Alexander and Samantha didn’t show anything new.  However, it just seems like a competition between Nina and Zac to see who can be the biggest “Mean Girl.”  Heidi seems to be at least trying to be as nice as she can and not crush the designers.  Zac and Nina don’t care, lol.

CLOSER LOOK

I really like that we get to see the looks closer up.  The judges just are shocked by the way Sandhya and Char made their outfits.  The construction is really bad.  Nina can’t understand what Char was doing with all her time….Nina, Nina, Nina…what have you ever made????  Time is the enemy!!  So Kini made the shirt that the judges love and no one has told them…they think it is Sean’s work. They are going back and forth between Kini and Sean…. Heidi really pushes for Kini.

The winner is Sean…that is not fair, Kini made the shirt they all loved.  Kini should have said something when they were showing it.  SPEAK UP PEOPLE!!

The bottom two are Char and Sandhya….the looser is…..Char. I knew it!   You can see the looks here:

_________________________

Click to vote Round 4 of E! Online’s Best Housewife Ever

Vote this round through September 1

_________________________

August 29

Happy Birthday

Jill…no not THAT Jill

_________________________

This entry was posted in Project Runway. Bookmark the permalink.

141 Responses to Project Runway – Rock The Wedding

1. mrs peabody says:

FIRST?

2. mrs peabody says:

OMG I’m first! Well for my prize I do not want George. I’ll take some Bobby Ewing, no seriously given my choice I’ll take peace on earth, thank you. Back later people.

3. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Thanks for the recap, Princess! Oh, how I wish it were 1984 with Billy Idol blasting in the background…that was near the time I married and speaking of which, we listened to a Billy Idol concert on TV last weekend! There was an E! show they used to have where they toured celebrity closets and Dita Von Teese was my favorite closet tour! I think Princess Beanie Boo looks so fab in a cape, that surely should be an option for going down the isle! 😀

4. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Happy Birthday Yes This Jill! 😀 🎂🎁🍕🍗🍤🍻

5. Laineylainey says:

Princess, great blog! I agree w u regarding Zac and Nina trying to outdo each other with the insulting, negative (unconstructive) comments. They are TRYING to humiliate the designers. It’s just plum mean. Dita was rude, I thought. Arrogant. Oh and STFU… That us in response to “somebody’s crying!” Haha. I love your “what have you made Nina?” So so so true. So easy to criticize the efforts of the talented, the risk takers, the creative. But I suppose that’s the nature of this beast (competitive designing). But still, Nina comes off as mean. I think they are trying to pull off the snarky humor of Michael Kors but it’s not working. It’s a delicate balance. To criticize without bring cruel. Kini was robbed, but he should have said sonething!!!!!! But wait, did Kini design the top? Or did he only (quite beautifully) construct Seans design?

• Hey LL!!! Thanks for the compliment. I am sure the top was Sean’s design but there wouldn’t have been a top if Kini hadn’t made it….all in all, Kini and a lot of these designers need to speak up for themselves. But then people will probably call them pushy, lol!! Dita has gotten some work done on her face and it just didn’t move. She was so mean, I didn’t really have an opinion of her before one way or the other. Now I just think she is a bitch. You are right about Michael Kors, I didn’t think I would miss him but I kind of do…

Great blog Princess. Here’s my thoughts . . .

I’m totally Team Amanda and have been from the start. She makes nothing I would wear, but she has a unique eye and good skills and that’s what the judges respond to. Why can’t the other designers see that? I felt sorry for Amanda on her original season as it was the team season and she was saddled with some really bad people and couldn’t overcome it. Glad she’s back.

Korina is overly impressed with herself. After her disaster last week and Amanda saving her butt this week, she should learn to keep her mouth shut and opinions to herself. Who tells someone to their face that they are a phony? It’s not nice and I don’t care if she thinks it, nice people don’t say it. Nice attempt at trying to shake Amanda; it didn’t work.

I love Fade. He’s my dark horse this season. I really like the shirts he wears and the snazzy quotes on them. He still reminds me of Mike Myers Dieter character on SNL. I loved his dress last night.

Kini deserved the win and should have spoken up about finishing the shirt for Sean that got him all of the praise and thus the win. He was robbed, but he’s good and is definitely a contender.

If the judges want better construction, how about giving them more than a day (and probably less than that I’m sure) to give them good work. Same on Top Chef. You want quality work, but you give them no time to do it. Very few designers/chefs can deliver on that time frame. I would be in favor of allowing more time so better product can be judged.

More nastiness will be slung next week if the previews are any indication. Judges could be a bit more constructive instead of so snarky.

GBR!

• EllaMinnowPea says:

I was just wondering if Heidi is being nicer (she’s been telling designers that she likes designs the other two hate) to compensate for how horrible they’ve been.

BTW, thanks for the recap, especially today. I fell asleep last night sometime before the winners and losers were announced. D’oh!

• EllaMinnowPea says:

Great! Now I see that I’ve posted under the wrong entry. Sorry. Maybe I need more sleep. lol

I think Heidi has out of the box and creative taste sometimes so i think she really does think some of the things she says. She’s tough (and German!) so she won’t mince words

6. T-Rex says:

Tartsy, bringing over my thoughts on SpaceCadetKim’s boob job. Not sure if that is a hospital or not, but the boob drainage tube is there and that’s what they insert when you get a boob job, or a boob lift. She also could have had other work done, lypo and or body sculpting which would keep you in a hospital possibly for a couple of days. My friend had her boobs, and a tummy tuck and some lypo and her doc kept her in for a day or so to heal up, they didn’t send her home that day.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Okay, thanks for that feedback! Now how are you?!

Doing really well!! Don’t have to go back to the docs until September 23rd for the MRI and hopefully this shows nothing else and it’s my baseline going forward, see the Doc on October 2nd for the details on that. So, all is good, like not having to see a doc again for almost a month!! Appetite is coming back, but no weight loss still, grrrr, Cut my hair off into a pixie since it was falling out anyway from the medications. They claim it will come back, we shall see, it looks way better and doesn’t look too thin now that it’s short. Short hair is “IN” right now anyway, LOL! My MommaT-Rex loves my hair short so she was happy I cut it off.

Kim always looked like she had good boobs to me. If it makes her feel good about herself oh well.

7. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Hiya Lainey! :-D. Missed ya! How’s it going and what’s LaineyGirl up to these days?

8. .:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・ ✿.。.:* *.:。✿*
    ★¸.♪♫•¨¯`* HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!!* ¨¯`♥•♪♫.¸.•★
    .:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・ ✿.。.:* *.:。✿*

Good afternoon everyone. 🙂

10. chismosa says:

Happy birthday to my love and my bestie always and forever!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    will put emojis under this~~~~~~~

Because you clearly HAVE NOT partied nearly enough this summer- i hope you have a great party this WEEKEND! Weather looks pretty good. Big smooches!

I’m working on a nice 400$ gift in exchange for the jo malone candle you got me- still working on it… fingers crossed…..

11. chismosa says:

Pindy superb write up.
    I am pretty pissed at the two most recent let-gos. I really liked the gal who left last week, i’m sorry i forgot her name. The Asian girl with that awesome gray hair. I found her edgy and cool. She didn’t get adequate time to show her strengths- IMHO.

CHAR — (does anyone else think of Anthony on S& the City calling charlotte CHAR– i die laughing…..)
    I thought she too was super edgy, talented, and went too soon. I am surprised she was not angry at the end of the show at not having put her foot down at Mood and said NO to canary yellow or at least changed her design up a bit.
    I could tell Tim was sad she left and not just because her personality was nice- LOVE a good Tim choking up……

Once again—- whoever NINA wants out —- > LEAVES.

As for Amanda, sorry i find her personality annoying. She was sort of annoying her season and i don’t find her that different now. Her designs i’m ok with— her personality i ‘get’ what Kor and Char said- Korina looks like she’s being bit*hy but i don’t think shes a Gretchen or Helen or Irina— ALL of which i found to be huge huge bit#hes. At least korina told her how she felt and to her face and not on screen. Instead of passive aggress BS on TH’s that will be fought at at the reunion. 🙄
    and i’m always for calling out the see you next tuesdays on the show no matter the editing- but i do think Korina perhaps, just maybe is not that bad IRL.

I hope Amanda leaves soon because she’s annoying and Sean should have spoken up about Kini. It’s fine that Sean spent all the time on the pants- aren’t men’s tailoring and pants like the HARDEST thing— PINDY?? right? menswear? i never understand how fitting to men is so difficult but i hear it’s the most difficult thing. So kadooz to him for the pants!!

Dita – a/ didn’t know she was married b/ found her dress at the judging blah by her standards c/ chiara is gorgeous and that’s one of my ***secret*** (shhhhhh) baby names- i don’t mind letting you all know that—- ha ha! None of my friends know that. LOL

thanks for the ‘cap Princess P— i can’t imagine how awesome a dress you would make would be for your daughter! do you still have your old dress? That you could re-imagine into a new one for her?

• I lol’d at you mentioning my dress…I still have it but it is sooooo 80’s!!! I think if she wanted lace it would be perfect!! I was sad that Char left, she really didn’t get a chance to show, she was always in the middle but I thought she did some great work. But part of being a designer is getting your voice heard and both Char and Kini should have spoken up for themselves….I think if the judges knew that Kini made the blouse, even with it being Sean’s design, he would have won. It would have tipped the balance in his favor. Just because you can draw it doesn’t mean you can make it….I know that is what designers have minions for….but on PR you have to be able to do both…. SPEAK UP PEOPLE!!!

Um Princess – please kindly look to my FAVORITE movie and see how you can alter the dress !
        You can do your daughter’s dress out of your own — heehee

And also another fave — where the wedding dress was altered is Betsys Wedding, also with Molly R but can’t find a good video of it !

• I haven’t seen that movie in so long!! That dress is horrid, lol! I still remember the first wedding dress I tried on. It had so many bows on it. I remember looking in the mirror and I just started laughing!!!

any movie with M. Ringwald pre- late 1990s, i love.
            In Betsy’s Wedding, quite a nice movie- an indie i think— she is a very unique dresser- and it’s annoying to her new super waspy in-laws. Her wedding dress was funny, she just tore up the one they ordered and her mom shrieked. Her mom was played by madeleine Kahn, i love her voice.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

LOL! I hear Anthony from SATC! They had the movies on last week and I watched them again! Oh my gosh, I feel so special to be in on your baby name secret. At least you don’t have to worry about me stealing it from you!

PrincessP I haven’t watched in quite a while. But when I did I don’t recall Tim giving ideas either. I don’t know what’s up w/Nina & Zac being so negative to the designers. Zac knows how hard it is so he should especially be giving constructive criticism and guidance. I’m so surprised that Nina is still there. Its probably in her contract that they can’t get rid of her. Thks PrincessP. 🙂

MTH if you stop by I hope you’re improving each day. We miss you. BIG hugs to you. 🙅🙅

How you doin’ T-Rex in my Wendy Williams voice? I hope this was a good week for you.

Hey Diva I hope you’re doing ok. I was sorry to read about your health issue.

Happy Birthday Jill!! *hugs Jill really hard* *sets down ice cream cake* hoping that all of your wishes come true and that you have an absolute blast!!

thanks for the recap Princess P!! – your daughter definitely needs a cape for her wedding gown!!

Jeff!!!! – saw the news about Survivor! – they are doing the same as last year – blood vs. water!

I miss you my friend – hope you are doing better! love you all so much – have a great Labor day weekend!!

15. SoutheastVA says:

Happy Birthday Jill…no not THAT Jill!

16. Thank you PP for the recap. Happy Birthday Jill…no not THAT Jill. Have a great day.

17. Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Happy Jill!! I hope you have an amazing day!

Thank you for the wonderful blog, Princess! I thought Kini should’ve won since he made the dress and I think the pants. Not sure why the judges asked the two who should win since they went with the other guy.
    The judges are coming off as obnoxious and mean-IMO. Also, I want to see real fashion icons as guest judges–not Dita Von. She came off as a biatch.

Wishing you all a relaxing long weekend! 🙂

18. Trashy T says:

Happy birthday Jill and hope everyone has a great weekend!

19. EllaMinnowPea says:

OK, I heard the funniest Tim Gunn story… It was on NPR on a quiz show called, “Wait! Wait! Don’t Tell Me!” Tim was a guest and told this story and said it’s in his first book.

Anyway, his dad was a career FBI man and very close to Hoover (I think Tim said his dad became Hoover’s ghost writer – but don’t tell Aviva.) Anyway, as a kid, Tim and his sister were visiting his dad at work and dad said, “Hey, Vivian Vance is in Hoover’s office. Go say hello.” And since they were huge I Love Lucy fans, they couldn’t wait. They went in, had a very nice visit with Vivian Vance and went on their way. It wasn’t until years later, when all the stuff about Hoover was coming out (and dad was quite old and retired), that it occurred to them that it may not have been Vivian Vance after all.

It gave me a renewed love of Tim Gunn! lol

Just got home. It’s Joseph Cotten day on TCM. When I left home Steel Trap was on. I missed Gas Light. Now The Magnificent Ambersons is on. I love Joseph Cotten. He was a great actor.

21. chismosa says:

hey random question – i’m looking for a particular salon that does some beauty stuff– and i came across a site called “Ripoff Report” where consumers list their complaints on places….

Is this website legit? I mean, i usually go by yelp and whatever other google users reviews i can find, but i don’t know. I’m wondering if it was just a bitter competitor/ ex employee-partner or something.

I plugged in some other businesses to see if anything came up and nothing did. I don’t know if this place is Thaaaaaaat bad, so i’m not sure?? I’m such a “Yelper”

Just wondering if any of you had heard about it. thanks yall

For a minute there, I thought it was Kim tweeting this.

#thesixthsense

23. Jan (TexasTart) says:

It’s down to 8! I’m shocked by the two former RHONJ’s – it’s not too late to vote against them, lol.

No. Kyle does not have an A game. She’s a one trick pony. Crying Heads here we come.

#moreofthesame

25. Jan (TexasTart) says:

26. Jan (TexasTart) says:

27. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Oh my gosh, this poor kid has her head wrapped in every pic I’ve seen of her…what does this say about Kim? I guess Kim thinks she’s too young for a wig yet.

28. Jan (TexasTart) says:

29. Jan (TexasTart) says:

30. Jan (TexasTart) says:

One more…this woman cracks me up every day!

Happy Birthday Jill. I hope you had a great one!

32. Orson says:

So, I’m guessing a commandment was sent down from Brave telling all housewives “Thou shalt post photos on twitter and instagram of thyself and thy daughters, and your days on Bravo shalt be long”

33. iceNfire says:

Utopia Day One – Within the first six hours there was drinking, skinny dipping and at least 12 fights. One guy was being sexually offensive with his penis to both females and males. Another guy jumped him from behind. Then they did a meditation, a guy played guitar and a girl belly danced. ..And then they looked for somewhere to sleep. LoL I’m not making this up

Limited free live stream http://totalreality.tv/utopia.php

34. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Just looking at this picture makes me claustrophobic!

Your blog was so good that I’m watching PR on demand! I see what you mean, Kini should have won. I really like Alexander’s dress. … And those Judges were brutal 😀

Why didn’t Sean and Kini tell the judges that Kini did the top? Did they say and we just didn’t get to see?

There is no crying in fight club! Err, I mean fashion! lol

Yeah makes me wonder LAD.
        I wonder if it will even come out on a reunion.

Ps I really like the dress Zac made for Heidi for for the Emmys. -similar to the one he made for Anna Chlumsky.
        Very free flowing. Lovely.

37. chismosa™ says:

Lainey- what I was referencing above ^^^^ – it’s just so sad.
    I read the ultra graphic reports and there’s just too much smoke for it not to at this stage not be some sort of fires.
    ((Too much coverup in Lala land. Same with acclaimed super famous Xmen director Bryan Singer))

Still love his 80s music. 😞

Thanks for all the birthday wishes-you guys are awesome!!
    My niece had her baby this morning-I love her!!

Apparently, Mohamed comes from royalty.

40. Jan (TexasTart) says:

According to TMZ, Russell’s Armstrong’s father is seeking evidence that indicates it was homicide and claims Taylor won’t help.

After all this time, that’s sort of weird isn’t it? I haven’t been on TMZ in a very long time – they really throw everything at the wall and wait to see what sticks!

I hadn’t heard Joan Rivers was on life support. I thought they said she was in medically induced coma. Wow.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

It is weird after all this time, re: Russell.
        It’s very likely that Joan is on life support…which makes me really sad. As far as TMZ goes, I find most everything they publish ends up being what really happened!

41. Pingback: PR Designers — Goin’ to the Chapel and…… | Fashion Nexus

My Huskers are looking pretty good – 38-7 in the third quarter over Florida Atlantic. Now I can relax a bit and get my heart rate back to normal. I hope all your teams are doing well also.

I’m so sad about Joan Rivers and hoping that all will go well, but it sure doesn’t sound good right now.

Happy Labor Day weekend y’all and party safely!

43. Jan (TexasTart) says: