Survivor – Actions vs. Accusations

S S29 logoSurvivor: San Juan del Sur

S29E3 “Actions vs. Accusations”

By LADebra

The Coyopa tribe is returning to camp after voting Val out, and Josh is again doing damage control. He explains to John that he was the one that switched his vote. He explains saying that after doing the math he realized he had to vote for Val and not Baylor. Josh only disclosed to the camera that he was suspicious of John after seeing him walk off with Val several times.

Over at Hunahpu,they have decided their sleeping shelter needs some retro-fit to make the roof a little more weather-proof.  They are weaving palm fronds – everyone except Drew, who decided his best contribution is napping. The rest of the tribe is not pleased with Drew’s work ethic and they try to call him out, but Drew can sleep through almost anything. Honestly, I think several of these players have never watched Survivor.

S S29E3_1

Outplay

As the tribes file into the reward challenge arena, Jeremy sees that Val has been voted off. He is not happy. More on this later. They do rock, paper, scissors and Coyopa wins the right to choose their player to duel. Wes volunteers saying his dad won’t be good at this one! So Wes and Keith need to travel back and forth across a shakey balance beam while carrying wooden squares on a padddle. The first one to stack 6 of the squares onto the other side of the beam will win reward. The reward is a tarp, a hammock, a mattress, pillows and blankets. But there’s more! Jeff says the winner will also be able to opt for the fishing gear that Hahahpu traded for flint in the last duel.

Turns out Wes was right about Keith – although it was close, Keith did end up dropping one tile, and Wes wins. Keith is going to Exile, and Wes picks Josh to go with him. Wes says “I get along with Josh, I think my dad will also.” Coyopa picks the fishing equipment, and off they go.

About that Val – Jeremy – John – Julie deal… When Jeremy sees Val voted off he is upset and calls out the men’s alliance on Coyopa saying their only strategy is to vote out the women, and the women should do something about it. All two of the women should do something bold. And then in a move that boggles the mind, Rocker apologizes for not honoring his promise to Jeremy to protect Val. I don’t think John Rocker has ever watched Survivor. The rest of the men in his alliance are gobsmacked that Rocker would make a deal like that, and then admit it!

On the way out of the arena with their fishing gear, Rocker again apologizes to Jeremy saying he tried his best. All of this apologizing does absolutely nothing and as soon as they get to camp, Jeremy outs Rocker to his tribe for the racist and homophobic remarks he made some years ago. Jeremy whips up some serious anti-Rocker sentiment and Julie is collateral damage because she is the Blood vs. Water team member. I am going to say here that I remember something about Rocker’s comments, I don’t remember exactly what he said, and honestly I don’t care enough to google it. You guys know how to do that if you want to read all about it.  I am not saying Rocker is a good guy or a bad guy, but I do think that his coming into this game as a public figure puts him at a disadvantage over an anonymous person. But it is his decision to play or not.

At Exile island, Keith sorts out if they will share the immunity idol clue before he and Josh choose a vessel. This time Keith gets the clue and he shares it with Josh. They quickly deduce that Jeremy might have the idol at Coyopa and John Rocker might have the idol at Hunahpu.

S S29E3_6At the immunity challenge two members of each tribe are tethered together and race through/under/over an obstacle course to retrieve a ball, and then attempt to shoot the ball into a basket. First team to score 3 baskets wins immunity.

It’s close! The tethered pairs mix it up a little while they are crawling under the obstacle course, but in the end Hunahpu wins. Hunahpu hasn’t made it back to the mat when Natalie calls out Rocker as homophobic racist and loudly and emphatically calls for Coyopa to get a backbone and vote out John Rocker, the mastermind of their tribe. During this attack, Coyopa is trying to ignore Natalie, telling John to ignore her, Probst asks Julie why John is being singled out. Julie says it’s because of the old article, the incidents years ago and because her tribe thinks John is running things at Coyopa. And in the end it goes on long enough that John looses his temper. Says if Natalie was a man he’d knock her teeth out, and lives up to his bad temper reputation.

Outwit

S S29E3_5At Coyopa, John tries to throw Baylor and Jaclyn off by saying they should vote out Dale, while telling the men that the vote should be Baylor. John addresses the camera about the racist and homophobic labels and says that his closest ally in the game is a gay man, Josh, so “actions vs. allegations”. In a conversation with Josh, John again displays his amazing lack of Survivor knowledge and casually mentions he has an idol! This seals it for Josh. He has decided early alliances should be examined, and he doesn’t want to be in an alliance with someone he can’t trust, and can’t respect.
Josh enlists everyone else except Dale to vote off John Rocker, and keep it quiet because he has an idol in his pocket. John gets his idol and decides to take it to Tribal.

Outlast

Coyopa arrives at tribal. Jaclyn almost blows the blindside by opening her mouth and alluding to the plan for the guys to turn on their alliance. I am not sure if John had any idea he was being blindsided, but I doubt he knew. They voted. Vote was 5-2 John -Baylor. John never played the idol. Bye bye John.

S S29E3_2S S29E3_4S S29E3_3

_________________________

RHONJ S6

WWHL LOGO

Teresa and Joe Giudice Tonight!

Part 2 of the interview with Andy Cohen, filmed October 3, 2015.

_________________________PR Lifetime

Project Runway Tonight!

Click here for a sneak preview

_________________________

Happy Birthday

ItzAngieDuh

_________________________

This entry was posted in Survivor. Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to Survivor – Actions vs. Accusations

Hi y’all! I need a hug. Don’t really want to get into it right now, but I’m feeling a bit down. So much sadness in the world and sometimes it creeps into my world. Just trying to keep busy and my mind occupied. This too shall pass . . . my love to all here!

• Veena (NMD) says:

(((((((((HuskerHuny))))))))

• plainviewsue says:

Major hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG FAT HUGS to you Husker. 🙅🙅🙅🙅 🙇🙇

Sending you Hugs!! Hope your day gets better HH!

• shamrockblonde says:

*Husker Huny really hard* I am sorry that all is not well in your heart beautiful one – please know that you are loved and we walk with you through it –

p.s. – ice cream is good for the soul – mucho love *hugs HuskerHuny really hard again*

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

A hug as big as Texas for you (((HuskerHuny)))

I’ve been waiting for confirmation all morning and I finally just got it. A co-worker of mine for the past 15 years committed suicide yesterday. The family was waiting for organ retrieval before they let her go. She’s a single parent of an 8th grader, a recovering drug user and very, very close to her parents and three sisters. No one saw this coming. I’m shocked, sad, mad, shaking. I just don’t get suicide. Please keep tuned in to those around you and if anything seems out of the ordinary, keep them close. I’m suffering from a bit of 20/20 hindsight right now. Need to hug my kids.

• 2Stupid says:

Suicide is mind boggling. I vary of my feelings on it every time I am faced with it. I had a family member commit suicide, and it wasn’t a selfish act. He truly thought it was being selfless. I just hate the thought of anyone being in that much pain that the best option is to end their life. Don’t try and find signs, just be there for the family, especially the child and celebrate her life. Prayers for you Husker!

Hugs Husker! We had a situation here almost three years back now, can’t believe it’s been this long, we had a co-worker that committed suicide and not a single one of saw it coming. We had the grief counselors come in for a couple of days to the office to help out afterwards and talk it out, we all thought he seemed a bit down after a breakup and he had some child custody issues, but no one ever even contemplated he was suicidal. He was also extremely close with his parents so we still don’t know why he did what he did to this day, we talk about him fondly now and again here. I cannot fathom suicide, to me its selfish, but I have also never had to deal with mental issues nor real deep seated depression, so I don’t understand that kind of darkness. Hugs again to your family and you having to go through all of this, and to also your co-workers as it is probably just a shock to everyone that knew this person.

• shamrockblonde says:

I am so sorry for your loss Husker – your friend and all of her care will be in my prayers tonight –

• Lady Chatterley says:

Oh Husker, I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with this. Suicide is just an incredibly difficult thing to wrap your head around. I think it’s because, at least from my experience, it’s not really a rational thing, it can’t be understood – like there really is no explanation. I think that when someone does this, they’re often ruled by anger or despondency or just exhaustion, and haven’t given any real thought to the devastation they are leaving behind..And I don’t know if it can really be prevented, maybe delayed…I don’t know. It just seems that if someone is determined, they make it so. I guess there are also those who may be ambivalent about it and then do it in an impulsive moment.

A big hug to you, Husker. It’s a great time to surround yourself with as much love as possible.

• boston02127 says:

Big hugs HuskerHuny. ((((((HuskerHuny))))))

• Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Sending you bear hugs ((((HuskerHuny))))).

Husker, hugs.

Mercurys in retrograde and we have a full moon so I’m running around super super sad and stressed for this dumb wedding I have tomorrow.

I feel for you ❤

2. T-Rex says:

LaDebra- I KNEW your blog would do the episode Justice! I didn’t see this elimination coming at all this week, until I watched the show last night, I told folks it was a doozy. I am posting a link that will explain some of Mr. Rocker’s controversial attitudes towards anyone that isn’t a white, christian, heterosexual, male. In addition, my cousin that I speak of in Atlanta occasionally, had the displeasure many years ago to meet this jackwagon at a charity event, and she said he was the biggest pompous ass she had ever met. He was disrespectful at the event and there were children in attendance that were being helped by the charity and his language was vulgar(her words). She said she had hoped he had learned a lesson and changed his ways as he has gotten older but she watched the show also and said he is still the same jackwagon he was back then, he has learned nothing, that was only her opinion. Oh, and why do these semi-famous folks go on Survivor and think that no one is going to figure out who they are? Let me say that when this whole mess with Rocker blew up many years ago it was ALL OVER the news, for many weeks, we didn’t have much social media back then and folks didn’t have the attention span of a gnat, in addition he kept giving more interviews and making it worse! Scroll to the Controversy section below, and if you google there are even worse things he has said publicly that aren’t included below

He sounds like a winner

“For a story published in the December 27, 1999 issue of Sports Illustrated, Rocker made a number of allegations stemming from his experiences in New York City and answering a question about whether he would ever play for the New York Yankees or the New York Mets.

I’d retire first. It’s the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you’re riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It’s depressing… The biggest thing I don’t like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?[4]”

Hello again. 🙂

Thank you for the recap LADebra. I can’t wait to get back home and catch up.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I do not relish hearing Turkey in the national news daily…I know you are not located in the hot spot, but I can’t wait until your back home too!

Speaking of Turkey….Lainey, how do you feel about your daughter contemplating moving to Istanbul next year to be with her boyfriend?

• Veena (NMD) says:

We are safe – we’ve stayed in the west. All of the real trouble is by the Syrian border. I guess there was a protest somewhere in Istanbul – but in a city of 15 million, we’re in more danger of being hit by a car than anything to do with the Syrian crisis. But I’ll be glad to be home. Istanbul it too big a city for me – although it is beautiful.

6. plainviewsue says:

As a New Yorker, I remember this article and John Rocker. He is a major POS.

Having said that. After 39 seasons, I will never understand voting out strength in the early days. They have yet to win an immunity challenge. If they don’t win next week, I think the tribes will be mixed up. I hate when the same team loses week after week cos you don’t get to know the other players as well.

PVS – I totally agree with you, on this point, it’s not very smart play, HOWEVER, these are Blood vs Water teams and once they merge, going to be a “whole ‘nother Oprah” regarding alliances. Maybe that’s why they chose another season of Blood v Water since the alliances can change dramatically after the merge. I kind of like this BvW season this time, I didn’t like it as much last time since they were recycling old players, but this time it’s kind of fun to watch.

I think they made a bold move voting out a strong player so early, and they might regret it. The girls could still be gone, they could go to the merge very out numbered, and then they could all be targeted as the “new guys” by a cohesive Hanahpu…. But in Blood vs Water they are playing with at least one person they know very well, and take it personally when their “other” gets out played. So normal game dynamics are almost out the window!

• But was he really that strong..?? He really didn’t make a huge difference in the challenges…at least that I saw…he made the basket last night but geeze if he hadn’t, lol, he was a pitcher, haha. I just wasn’t impressed with his skills….and such a poor sport….but I would have kept him around as long as possible and tried to take him to the end cuz no one would have voted for him to win…same with the big mouth twin…..I agree with you, some of these dummies didn’t study! AND, I was SHOCKED at the violence towards women last night in the challenge, that was unacceptable….I know it’s a game but man oh man, just wrong!!!

The other really cool thing about last night was that Josh figured out that the “Rocker” probably had the Immunity Idol, nothing better than booting off a member, not only as a blindside, but with that Idol sitting there cooling it’s jets in your pocket. To me, it was a great move, but we shall see how the rest of the season goes. Of course I was also very aware of “Rocker”s past and the fact he stated he was sorry a week ago that he lost, but only sorry because he Lost to a “girl”, with a smug look, so I definitely saw this person in a different light then maybe others who are watching the show not knowing his past.

7. Great blog LaDebra, I was yelling at my TV last night. When did this “spilling your guts at Tribal” become the thing to do these last 5 or 6 seasons… keep your mouth shut. If I was in an alliance and Jeff Probsted me I would just say, “I don’t know Jeff,it’s all so crazy.” and I would tell my alliance to keep their mouths shut. I thought for sure that Jaq was saying WAY too much but I underestimated Rocker’s ego,lol!! Another dummy who gets voted off with the idol in their pocket…

So I asked my Husband, who is Encyclopedia Brown when it comes to all things sports, about Rocker this weekend cuz they showed a commercial for Survivor and I remembered to ask him…only took me what 4 weeks to remember. Now, understand that in 33 years I have rarely heard my husband say a really bad thing about anyone except Jane Fonda (USMC Vietnam Vet) ….. any hoo….I knew he would give me the 411 without prejudice, he said that Rocker was an nasty player, he would throw at batters and hit them, on purpose. And then he told me about the interview that he gave when he was in NY playing against the Mets. What makes me laugh is that he remembers the details of what team he was there to play.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Yes Princess, why all the bearing of souls at tribal? Geez, people it’s a game, think of it like poker! I’m really enjoying this season. I agree with LADebra’s observation that a few of these folks must not have studied Survivor before they came to play…off with their heads!

“…I have rarely heard my husband say a really bad thing about anyone except Jane Fonda….” I could make the same statement in regards to my husband a US Army Vietnam vet.

• Being nine years younger than him…I didn’t know really what she had done…it still sickens me. When I was a Girl Scout we sent cookies overseas in coffee cans….he received a coffee can, we like to think it was my coffee can….lol.

• shamrockblonde says:

*hugs PrincessPindy really hard*

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

I would like to think that too…so funny! Mine has fifteen years on me. I wasn’t in the Girl Scouts, though I think my Dad gave me the home-schooled version of the GS, lol.

• We were at a Marine Corp Ball one year and one of the wives was getting mad because they were talking about being in Okinawa…and the one Marines asked me, “Doesn’t it make you mad to here this?” and I said, “What do I care, I was in Jr. High at the time!” They roared, they thought that was the funniest thing they had ever heard!

Tartsy- That’s what really gets me, that after all these years that survivor has been on television don’t some of these folks not study up on the game before playing? Good Grief you can You Tube the information, read the articles former players have written, etc. You have to use your brains and wits to get far in this game, and some folks for some reason don’t get that part of the game, but heck some folks have to leave early in the game and these are those folks!

I remember fan reaction to Rocker as well – now, unless I missed it, I did not see him utter one off color remark to anyone or about anyone up until his comment to Natalie – who by the way made her own share of ignorant comments when she and her twinnie were on TAR – pot – meet kettle – having said that, Rocker made an ass of himself with his prior comments, but on Survivor, I did not see it – and yes he should not have said what he did to Natalie, but frankly, she was annoying – not the right response, I know, but someone with a quick temper and a fondness for being ignorant at the drop of a hat would not be able to contain themselves – the tribe maybe should have waited a bit to pull the trigger on Rocker – then again, WITH Rocker they still lost, so who knows -and Sue, in my home, Jane Fonda is the only actress strictly banned – anything she is in, we don’t see, nor will we go see any of her movies – my thanks to your husband for his serivce –

9. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Happy Birthday Angie! 😀

NeNe will be over tv today. She’s doing Extra and E!.

remember Colton from Survivor? Caleb, his partner was killed in a train accident –

Looks like Lisa and Yolanda are giving Brandi the business….

Wooden shoes don’t look very comfortable….. omg says the lady wearing Birki’s… let me think about this… 🙂

Did anyone watch ‘American Horror Story: Freak Show’ last night. I did and it was really weird. Has this show been on before?

American Horror Story is a Series of shows wherein the story of the show changes each season. The first year the story centered around a house and it’s ghostly inahabitants, the second year was about an Insane Asylum in the 1960’s and last season was about a coven of witches in New Orleans, They are all pretty bizarre, but we have watched them all and will watch this season of Freak Show. I live near a place called Gibtown, on the maps Gibsonton it is center of all the Circus Folks, still to this day. The original Lobster Boy Family grew up here, as well as conjoined sisters, and lots of different families of little people, and a lot of the other folks that used to be a part of the Freak Shows at the circus. We were actually surprised they didn’t set the show in Gibsonton instead of using Jupiter Florida http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibsonton,_Florida

• boston02127 says:

Very interesting. I’m going to look up the other shows. I sort of find it like a car accident, you don’t want to look but you keep looking.

How long ago were the Lobster Boy and the conjoined twins alive?

I didn’t watch it yet. I hope it’s good. My first experience was the Coven one.

I found the commercials for this season’s to be way way campy. I liked the commercials for Coven because they were so subtle.
      So I hope the season is not too overproduced and over-camped.
      That’s why I didn’t stick with Boardwalk empire after the first show. Too camped and over done. IMO

I heard jessica Lange had a fling with Sarah Paulson! I loved her with sam shepherd and was so sad when they split.

Haha!

15. Jan (TexasTart) says:

16. Jan (TexasTart) says:

17. Jan (TexasTart) says:

18. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Anyone want to guess what they will talk about?

19. Jan (TexasTart) says:

20. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Now here’s another guy that perpetually has financial problems, yet finds another way to start another business.

21. Jan (TexasTart) says:

RHONJ First look at 8:48 ET. Part 2 of the Giudice interview 9:00 ET.

23. Boobah says:

Anyone else watching Bravo right now? Is this Part I of the Tre & Joe interview??

This is a local story here-but it’s gone viral, so some of you have probably seen it on Facebook. Good reminder of what’s important!

25. Sus says:

LOL @ Theresa saying she doesn’t know how to blow her hair out. Give me a break!!!! Is she trying to say she never used a blow dryer????

Talk about faux fame going to your head literally. .

I think she means a blow out-not actually blow drying. Like when a stylist straightens it.

• Vegas Chick says:

Lifestyle of the faux rich and famous. I thought that she wasn’t concerned and will just ‘slick it back.’ Read somewhere that inmates can get their nails and hair done. Imagine being Teresa’s prison stylist, lololol!

She needs to STFU. I have worse hair than hers and I sit for 1 hour to blow it out ……

🙄 x 1000000000000. 💩

I can’t do a decent blow out to save my life! I don’t have the coordination! I use the straightener or just air dry mostly and finish it off. When I have somewhere nice to go-I get a stylist to do it. Nobody can recreate the salon! It’s $20. The place I go to has a dry bar thing going.

26. Sus says:

Oh, I forgot about Juicy Joe’s driver’s license debacle. He could have to go to state prison after he serves the federal time. The state police pick you up when your federal time is up.

He’s servjng the daye sentence with the federal sentence.

• Vegas Chick says:

I saw the previews (don’t have Bravo anymore and no great loss). Joe said that he drinks a couple of bottle of wine each DAY. Of course, Teresa, defended him and said that it’s because of his father’s death, and Joe can’t sleep. Don’t these morons realize that alcohol will knock you out for a few hours but wakes you up in the middle of the night (does he get up and keep on drinking?). Alcohol is not a sedative. Take the pills, you moron.

If (actually when) he loses his drivers license, how is he going to drive to CT or WV every week so that the girls can see their mother? For Joe, it’s an out and he will dump that responsibility on anyone who steps up and volunteers. Said it before… this is not going to go well.

I don’t know if they’ll suspend him again. If they do, it will probably be after jail is over in a few years! They can make a good case of circumstance that he needs to drive. Not to visit his wife, specifically, but he’ll be the caregiver for the kids and he has to be able to drive for them. NJ is usually all or nothing with licenses-you lose it or have it-we don’t do considerations for jobs or anything. So he’d have to keep it. Unless they make a deal, like he can only drive from 9-9 or something.

27. Boobah says:

Teresa said that she didn’t spend what she didn’t have. Um, okay. That debt just incurred itself then. They are criminals. Period.

Not just a little bit of debt, not just student loan level of debt — millions! 11 million+ right? I might have made up that number but I thought that’s what the bankruptcy was for. Smh.

• Boobah says:

ladebra, that’s the number I heard – 11 million.Unreal! There were so many troubling statements made in these 2 interviews that I don’t even know where to begin! Just…wow.

28. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Sorry you were stuck in moderation , LADebra. I was on the phone with my sister the last hour. She called and asked what I was watching and I told her “some interview, it’s not important.” I can’t imagine explaining why I was watching that…oh my, shame of it all!

I’m never gonna make it till 9😦 I’m already nodding off. Such a lite weight. Hopefully the DVR will do its thing. I wanna give a shout out to Mel the Hound. Sure do miss you around here, Jeff. Hope PT is working its magic and you are feeling much much better. I hope you are catching up on all the shows and will be back commenting with us really soon. 👍

30. I’m curious, what does everyone here think or feel about the whole Ebola scare? On one hand I’m terrified (I’m already a germ a phobe) and thinking the worst. On the other hand I’m thinking they are just trying to scare everyone by sensationalizing this whole thing. Thoughts?

• Veena (NMD) says:

I don’t think it will spread in a large way to any western counties. I read that Nigeria had contained it to 20 cases or so even though they have a huge population – it’s just the rural areas without isolation wards where many people live in a small space where it is very difficult to contain. So I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

Hey Cris- I was planning on traveling to brussels and let me just say that’s on hold for QUITE a while now. That should explain it all.

I follow a naturopath-investigator’s site – he has the 411 on stuff and likes conspiracies and delves into what companies truly hide from people.
      Before he even thought it— I agree that it’s worse than they’re letting the public know.

What idiots at that hospital in Texas to allow the man to go home – the one who died.

And today at our local airport someone on a flight coughed and jokingly said he had Ebola.

Glass isn’t 1/2 full for me — its 3/4 empty!!! LOL
      I’d rather be pleasantly surprised than generally optimistic.

Hope you’re doing well! 😘