Survivor – We’re A Hot Mess

S S29 logoSurvivor: San Juan del Sur

S29E4 “We’re a Hot Mess”

By LADebra

At Tribal in the last episode the men’s alliance crumbled and Coyopa voted out John Rocker. Back at camp, Baylor is feeling good, along with everyone else except Dale. Dale is on the outs and realizes he is jeopardy of being the next person voted out. Over at Hunahpu, Natalie finds the lost flint!

rewardchallengejonOutplay

At the Reward Challenge, Hunahpu gets a look at Coyopa and cheers seeing John Rocker voted out. Drew then again tries to bargain with Jeff (it worked out so well the last time…not) and offers the never used newly found lost flint for some of the fishing gear they gave up. Probst shuts this down saying a deal is a deal, get over it.

The reward challenge is using a grappling hook to grab 3 bags of balls, and then using a catapult to launch the balls into 5 baskets. First person to get all 5 balls in the baskets wins reward.  After rock, paper, scissors Hunahpu wins and Jon volunteers and plays against Jaclyn. It is VERY close. Jon wins. He sends Drew to Exile Island with Jaclyn. Hunahpu pick the comfort items (reward from last episode: blankets, pillows, mattress etc) over the food reward.

At Exile Drew gets the clue for the idol and reads it to Jaclyn. In a conversation Drew reveals his master plan and lets Jaclyn know he is going to throw the next immunity challenge so he can vote out some of the girls on his tribe. He is convinced his tribe is riding his coat tails and it’s time to get rid of the snakes. (Every time I see this edit I start shaking my head…)

Meanwhile back at Hunahpu, Keith goes to the water well and scratches in the dirt looking for the idol. He doesn’t find it and determines that Jeremy (only other team member who has been at Exile) has it, and tells this to a group standing around in camp. The Fire Fighter Bro I Got Your Back alliance is up in smoke when Jeremy hears that Keith has painted the Idol Target on his back. Amazingly, Keith goes back to scratch around some more, and finds the idol! I can’t believe Jeremy didn’t use the 6 days to find it!!

immunitychallengeAt the Immunity Challenge, four tribe members will swim out to retrieve rings tethered in the water. Once the 4 rings are retrieved, the other two tribe members will toss the rings onto a post. The first tribe to land all 4 rings wins immunity. They show an aerial shot of this water challenge and it is huge! I tried to find that picture and couldn’t, but this swim has to be grueling! Drew is still saying his plan is to throw the challenge, but no one else is in on the plan, just Drew. Coyopa is ahead, Hunahpu is struggling. Drew is one of the ring tossers, and is either awful at ring toss or good at throwing a challenge. Coyopa wins! Probst makes the comment “Drew is single handed loosing for his tribe”. Note to self: Next time you plan to throw a challenge swear Probst to silence. But ever the optimist Drew says “I threw the challenge so we could vote some of these snakes off. If I don’t want to win, we aren’t going to win. That’s what makes me the kingpin of my tribe.” … I hear the fat lady singing Drew.

Outwit

A defeated Hunahpu goes back to camp, and prepares for their first tribal. Jon proposes to oust Julie. Drew argues Kelley is the biggest threat. Jeremy thinks Keith is after him and he wants Keith gone. So in what looks like minutes the guys have nominated 3 tribe members for eviction. Drew reveals his master plan to get rid of Kelley to Natalie, and Natalie immediately goes to Misty and rats out Drew’s plan. Natalie and Misty target Drew.

Drew continues to argue his agenda to anyone that will listen, and eventually he is overheard by Kelley. Turns out Drew is right – Kelley is a threat to him now LOL! And they head out to council with no clear target but lots of choices.

Outlast

This tribe has never been to tribal. Jeremy and Keith discuss their differences over Keith not discussing the idol with Jeremy before he said anything to the rest of the tribe. Drew throws out Keith’s and Julie’s names as possible votes. They just open the kimono and pretty much bare all their agendas! Natalie recaps and tells Jeff “We’re a hot mess!”

No one plays Immunity Idol. The vote is Julie – Kelley – Drew – Keith! … Drew is voted off with votes from the women and Jeremy.  Bye Drew. Probst sends them back to camp with these words of wisdom “A lot of information revealed, 4 people got votes and 1 absolute blindside. Was it brilliant or chaos?”

In the previews for next week they are playing with us and show Jeff saying “Drop your buffs”! Maybe … but I think it’s too early for a merge and we have a tribe re-alignment coming. We’ll know next week! Oh! And in his after eviction talking head, Drew is still clueless as ever, as he sits alone in the dark, King of the World in his head.

byedrew

challengewintable

voting_________________________

This entry was posted in Survivor and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to Survivor – We’re A Hot Mess

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday eve. We’ve got fog in some areas, overcast and just yucky out. I hope you’re having better weather.
    I turned to The Doctors which I haven’t seen in a while and gguess what’s on tomorrow’s epi? Gretchen and Slade and their quest to have a baby. Ugggghhhh. These people just love tv.
    Have a great day. 😀

2. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Good Morning everyone, how wonderful to have our fearless leader back! I read all the comments in the last blog and very appreciated the kind words you left for me! ❤

And it's a good thing I read them all to know important things, like now I know that it's totally appropriate to visualize Chismosa draped in velvet….if it were socially acceptable, of course! Thanks for that little tidbit. LOL

Yes TexasTart you held it DOWN!! Much appreciation to you, MTH and everyone who took command of the ship while NMD and her hubby had a trip of a lifetime.
      And Chismosa stole George Costanza’s line. LOL. 🙂

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

You’re welcome. MelTheHound was very instrumental in helping me learn my way around the quirks of working with WordPress. I’m very grateful for all the replies to my questions early on and for him backing me up when I needed time off!

Thanks again Jeff!

A big thank you is owed to you and everyone else who contributed so much. I love this place and all of you.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Powell, I didn’t know that line was from Seinfeld, until I saw Jill’s comment and at that point I had laughed so much, that Chismosa owned it, if you know what I mean! LOL!

• You’re the best, Tartsy! 🙂

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Thanks, so glad to see you’re back, Foxy! 😀

I’ll still be around to help Veena and free you folks from the evil clutches of Moderation!

Ya done good TT! Thanks!

LOL JNNTJ and Exit. You can’t “go away” any time soon huh? Your homes would go to hell in a hand basket. And Kevin would get visitation? 😉

If I go away for the weekend-I get 100 calls or texts. Where’s this? Where’s that? I can find every item in our home from miles away. He can’t look in a closet? Lol. The kids would survive-the house would not! Three tornados.

We have lived in our house for 9 years and Kevin STILL asks me where I keep things-like everyday things…paper towels toilet paper…pots and pans…

I don’t have kids, but I have a husband who just today asked where something was, been in the house 23 years, have kept this item in the same danged place, now granted he only has to look for it maybe once a year, but it’s still been in the same place, LOL!

4. T-Rex says:

LADeb- wasn’t this another awesome episode~ I would have been disappointed had the tribe let Drew “live” on another week with his attitude and the fact he openly “threw” the immunity challenge. Again shaking my head, and saying DUDE Have you NOT watched a single season of Survivor??? What also surprised me is how out of touch Hunahpu tribe was about alliances, I am totally aware that when the merge hits, that a great deal of the alliances will be changed, but you should have had some sort of battle plan ready to go though. I think the Producers set us up last week with the pics of Drew being a Lazy contestant to show us, see they voted his sorry butt out the minute they could, LOL. I am really liking this season because the alliances aren’t cut and dry, a lot of this season’s contestants seem to have zero clue as to how the game is played, so it’s kind of refreshing, but infuriating at the same time!!

I am really enjoying this season too! I haven’t figured them all out yet, but as soon as Drew started pontificating (way back first episode) I thought his days were numbered. His ego was writing checks a$$ couldn’t cash! And you never throw a challenge, honest, I don’t think they have watched much Survivor!!

Thank you for the recap LADebra. I was planning on watching last night, but fell asleep at 8 – although in my defense it was well into the night Istanbul time. I had to get off twitter earlier because the feeds were full of #kingpin and I didn’t want any spoilers, but turns out it didn’t matter.

I’m up, alert, and ready to head into work in the next 15 minutes or so. I sure hope I remember the password to my computer and that my keys still work in the locks.

I can’t believe how good it feels to be back. I loved traveling, but it is so nice to crawl into your own bed with your own soft sheets and your own soft pillow- although I wouldn’t mind if housekeeping showed up to tidy up the place.

Thank you again to TexasTart and Jeff for keeping the place going ….. it takes a team!

I’ll probably put out a call for bloggers for new shows soon – once I get my head wrapped around things. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Things that make me feel like throwing up …

Adrienne says she’s close to marrying her 24 year old boyfriend. She’s 53. I suppose that is her storyline to get her back on the show as a friend. Ugh.

OMG! Will we have to endure another fake “am I pregnant” or “I need to have a baby” by someone whose eggs are fossilized and is on the fast track to menopause if not already in the full bloom of it.

I don’t think so. After all, she’s already hired someone to have her children for her, so she’s already dove into that pool.

As a 62 year old with son’s older than that all I have to say is ewwwwwwwwwww!

I also have to also note I read the article wherein she lists all of the other “cougar” women that HAD younger boyfriends/husbands, UHM please note that every most of the ladies she lists had their boyfriends/husbands leave them! They are all divorced or no longer with their boytoys! LOL! If you are going to use an example, you may want to choose one where the relationship actually lasted!

She wants a bravo paid for wedding in hopes of ratings so that she gets her own show. She doesn’t need bravo to pay for a wedding but she’s banking on tv. She and her brothers were supposed to be getting a show on some network or than bravo. IDK what happened w/that. A 24 yr old shouldn’t be marrying her or anyone 53 but he’s 23, in the age group where doing reality tv is a good thing so he just might marry her if they can get on tv even if they may get divorced in a couple of yrs.

He’s thinking with his little head. Sure, she’ll pay his bills and stuff while they’re together, but she’s going to have him sign an iron clad pre-nup before they get married. He’ll probably owe her.

She’s done something to her face that makes her look older.

I just LOL’d at “things that make me throw up”

Happy first day back VEENA !!!

That’s hardly much time to adjust back, time wise!??? Good luck!

7. Foxymel11(Mel) says:

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the wonderful blog, as always.

My Father-in-law passed away a week ago and we’re all starting to feel much better. My husbands’ family patched up some old seeded wounds which was great. I guess funerals have a way of putting petty things into perspective. I’ve missed you all! 🙂

8. SoutheastVA says:

Veena – Welcome back. Your travels are what I dream to do one day with my honey.

9. Thanks LaDebra for the blog, I must have missed what Drew said about throwing the challenge. I couldn’t believe that he was throwing those rings all by himself!! Makes soooo much more sense now!! What an idiot!!! I thought it was great that they voted his dumbass off!! And why don’t these women wear appropriate bathing suits to compete in???? Boy shorts and sports bras would be so much easier, all of them except Natalie were having to hold on to their tops every time they jumped in the water, it is so stupid….and we know that Julie will never drown!! …..IPPHO!!

IKR! I was yelling at my tv “Get a clue and wear a suit not a bandana!” Or just let it go, let it go lol!

• They are so stupid, only Natalie has them locked and loaded!!

AND THIS is why I couldn’t be on survivor, if I didn’t have them secured, I could take an eye out or two, LOL! Plus no one wants to see some 50 year old broad with her “bits and pieces” all hanging out, well at least THIS one, HA!

• That would be the last of my problems on Survivor…I don’t do sun, especially on my face!! And all those bug bites and the discomfort, no f*ing way!!! If they had it at a Hotel….lol, maybe….I did all the camping I needed to when I was a child/teen. They are all insane!!!

Foxy – you and all your care shall be in my prayers – life is such a fragile thing – every minute of it is precious, and filled with so much wonder, so much grace – all you have to do is see it – take the time – don’t let stress, petty arguments and stuborness stop you from seeing all the good right beside all of that – I hope your memories give you comfort and I will say an extra prayer for your Father-In-Law

Listening to Drew last night, I came sooo close to throwing something at the tv…what an asshat – he is delusional – kingpin? – I don’t think so – sooo glad he got the boot – I am liking this season so far –
    *hugs Jan really hard* – you did an amazing job Jan! – thank you!

• Thank you for your kind words, Shamrock! My husband hadn’t spoken to his sister in 5 yrs over something so stupid, but it took their father’s passing to finally just move on.
      Gosh, I better watch Survivor so I can keep up! So glad for ladebra’s blog! 🙂

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Wow! a hug from shamrockblonde! What could be better than that?!

JNNTJ, T-Rex, Exit,
    I read Vicky’s tweet JNNTJ posted that Joe’s lawyer said Joe didn’t plead guilty to getting the driver’s license because he didn’t do it. Well dammit I’m confused then. The birth certificate used to get the driver’s license was Joe’s brother right? Well Joe’s brother can use his own birth certificate to get a duplicate driver’s license and that’s not illegal. So if the driver’s license was illegally obtained and “if” Joe didn’t get it how was it obtained illegally? Joe said yes I was dry with the license but I didn’t get the license. 😦

I think the courts were frustrated and the judge wanted the case over and took a plea that would give ConvictFelonJoe prison time and also allow the courts to suspend his driver’s license. YES of COURSE he did it, but he also did all of the stuff in the 41 count Federal indictment, but they chose to accept the Plea on the counts they acknowledged, and note ConvictFelonJoe received more counts in his plea than did convictFelonteresa. When you accept a Plea deal, it’s usually for lesser charges than the original indictments, whether you are guilty of ALL of them or not. This happens every day, all day, in every courtroom in the United States. If folks didn’t compromise we would have trials that wouldn’t start of decades because the court systems would be so bogged down trying every case. Cases like convictFelonJuicy’s 99.9 of the time plead out, it’s not worth the court’s time and money to try a case like this one. It took so long because the courts KNEW he was guilty, the planet knew he was guilty, HE just didn’t want to plead to ANY of the charges, he doesn’t think he is guilty for what he PLED to either!!

Oh and I answered something you posted yesterday on the other blog about attorneys and their legal staff and research. Lawyers do NOT spend their OWN money researching Their clients to see if they are telling the truth or not, that’s not what their staff is for, that’s not what a Legal Team does. The Legal research department is not to research the clients, they research law edicts, case laws, witnesses when necessary, etc. to help them defend their clients, not figure out if their clients are telling the truth. The Lawyers make you sign an agreement in many cases to tell them the truth, and that’s what they expect. If their client lies to them, that’s not their business, the Lawyers can choose to keep their lying clients at that point or lose them as a client. They aren’t going to research their assets, unless their client doesn’t pay their bills, then they are going to sick their investigators on them to find money for their bills, not to check to see if their client lied on sentencing paperwork. They don’t care if the accountant their clients hire is legitimate or not, it’s none of their business, they tell their clients to hire a competent individual, whether they do or not is none of their business, although many firms will give you a list of reputable folks to use, the ConvictFelons found someone that would lie for them, not probably someone at the recommendation of their attorneys. I am sure their attorneys were pleased as punch, were doing the jig, smoking cigars and having a victory lap when these lyin ConvictedFelons severed ties to them.

Very well could be it was a duplicate his brother had laying around and Joe was using it since they look a lot alike, he probably figured no one could tell the difference. Stupid man and stupider brother. That may be why he didn’t one to plead guilty to obtaining it and only possessing it.

12. I Need A Life! says:

Jan…Thank you for keeping it all together here.
    Jill…I’ve left my husband with my son for a week at a time. Trust your gut. Lock up the house before you leave.

I just stumbled on an interesting Q&A (All About Tea) with a legal person regarding Guidice sentences. That $200,000 that Tre just handed over is forfeiture only. They have not paid down the $400,000 penalty. I’m confused as to what the forfeiture is for. Don’t ask me. But each owes that prior to entering prison.

This person also thinks that Tre and Joe are asked to keep their finances separate because Tre may not have been aware of what she was getting herself into. If that was the case, and since Tre may be the only breadwinner, the judge might be trying to protect Tre.

Actually the co-mingling of funds does have to do with ConvictFelonTersesa’s finances, because the two FELONS said in court they could not provide evidence of what was given to them via CASH from business or family/friends. Apparently they received a large amount of income as CASH, and couldn’t stipulate an exact accounting of who paid this to them. They said they received CASH from appearances since they ask the venue to pay them with CASH, and said that they also received CASH towards their living expenses from donors and family. They also listed items as GIFTS, so that they didn’t have to provide the courts with true accounting of what they owned.
      The Judge was super-pissed at this answer, so she told them to separate out the business income from any other income, and since ConvictfelonJoe did not have a job, she did not understand why he would have also been given CASH, since he didn’t fill out any Income Taxes due to him being unemployed. Regarding the Forfeiture was the 200K they didn’t pay in IRS taxes on the monies they illegally obtained through their fraud and was to be given at time of sentencing, They still owe between the two of them 415K in restitution to the banks for the illegal activities of the fraudulent loans.

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

T-Rex – None of that made sense to me until now – thanks for explaining it all!

I Need A Life! – you’re welcome – glad to see you posting again!

I am STILL waiting for the judge and the courts to file the Final Motions in the case, they haven’t dropped at the PACER.gov website yet(this is the website for all the courts in the US and PuertoRico). Once they do I will try to get copies. Although I think we will be able to find links once it’s filed, as a lot of websites will be posting the final documents.

INAL-A WHOLE WEEK?? I can’t imagine the destruction I would come home to!!
      I have left him with the girls for a few long weekends and they all survived-plus he takes them skiing for a bunch of weekends during the season-he can handle a few days-NOT A WEEK-and not up in here!!!

• What the heck is wrong with Sonja? Her antics are no longer cute.

Well, they got a couple of things wrong IMO. First off, DrunkenGreyGardensDelusionalSonja doesn’t tweet, or even update her own Facebook her minions do that, She doesn’t understand emails, she has had her minions always print those out to her as she doesn’t know how to read them on her phone so the only thing she could have possibly been doing is some texting on her phone, so that whole phone thing is probably not even remotely true. I believe she had it on the table and has some app that makes it twinkle so that she doesn’t lose it, and of course to draw attention to her. Was she DRUNK off her ass, and hollering to draw attention to herself and basically swinging off any handy nearby chandelier, probably, I could believe that part of the story. When she is drunk she seems to have a completely selective memory of what actually occurs, as do many drunks, even when she is shown her antics on film, she blames editing, and says things didn’t happen when the clearly did.

I’ve seen her like and reply back to tweets – I feel like it’s the cute cheeky ones so I always get the feeling it’s HER responding — ?unless it’s the latest intern from Marseille or Jill’s nephew. 😜

Okay, since I don’t understand twatter I went to the twitter sight and only see like 6 tweets since 2011. I guess retweets and likes don’t show on her twitter feed that you can see on the internet?

• Jan (TexasTart) says:

Try @sonjatmorgan – there’s a “T” in the middle of her name.

Aaaah! I see the twatter had some picture from 2011 and I didn’t read down further, gotcha!! So she was twatting during the performance then. UGH. Theaters and venues need to have something that cuts off wifi once a show starts that would solve the issue!

13. New season of Top Chef started last night. Anyone watch? I did see the quickfire challenge. Part of the Elimination challenge. Went to Bravo for a recap and Richard Blais cannot write worth shit. He did not even list who won the Elimination challenge or who lost. If you know the answers to whom won and lost last night, please post.

• Azgirl…I watched..Mei Lin was the winner and George from DC packed his knives… no clear front runner for me just yet…….

I wanted to get back into it but not a fan of Blais. Bravo is trying so hard to make him happen. Tom’s smugness annoys me. I used to like the show.

So is Gail not on? Or the unibrow guy?
      Who is out for Blais to be in?

Andy made a huge deal of the guy leaving talking “smack” on wwh and it didn’t seem that bad.
      I think bravo really wants/needs TC to do better ?

OH man, I forgot that was starting this week!!! I was packing for my trip and just watched Survivor and forgot all about Top Chef. How was Blaise as a judge? I know a lot of folks don’t like him, but I do. He is supposed to have an awesome palate and I like that in a judge.

• Richard was okay but he likes to puff his chest and in a way put the chefs down for their cooking style beliefs… Tom was his usual assy self…cant stand Padma….. they showed lots of previews for upcoming episodes..looks like it will heat up as the season goes on…and and yes Gail was there… you’ll have to go read the bio’s of this group…some of them work for previous winners of top chef….
        Richard also has a show coming out called HUNGRY GAMES…..
        diva

• Thank you Diva. I really hope that Hugh continues to blog the show. He is such a good writer.

I fell asleep about half way through. I guess I’m in the minority here, but I love Richard and have since his season of TC. Although he won the wedding challenge his season, he split the prize with Stephanie because he said their team would not have won if not for her cake. Thought that was really big of him. We’ve all seen winners do less and yet take the credit for their win. Richard doesn’t do that. He just beats himself up and moves on.

I really don’t like the sudden death quickfire elimination. Why in the world did they do that? I have a feeling that guy who went home will be back. Talk about not getting a chance to show what you can do. And he’s a protege’ of Mike Isabella’s. Wow.

I will have to pick up the entire episode this weekend. I’m still a Top Chef fan, but I would love it it they would lose Padma. Over her.

14. Jan (TexasTart) says:

If you think Christopher has issues now – just look at him before!

15. Jan (TexasTart) says:

16. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Funny that she mentions the hats – Kim is obsessed with keeping the 4 little kids in hats or bows for the girl. Their heads are always covered! Should be no surprise since Kim covers her head all the time. Wig!

17. Jan (TexasTart) says:

I enjoy all the TBT – Throw back Thursday pics!

18. Jan (TexasTart) says:

It’s so sad and so super shady. Propofyl. Yikers.

I’m still not over this ….
      I need to get a life.

Propofyl isn’t shady-I was put into “twilight” as they call it for D & C’s.-always fun-and that’s what they use. That’s probably what joan was in. My MIL was in her induced coma after the heart attack under it as well. As soon as you stop the drip you’re pretty much up. What’s shady is doing a biopsy when they werent supposed to.

Yes that is the shady part — and using the propofyl there at that location ….. ?

(Though I know many ambulatory docs may indeed use the stuff off hospital-locations?)

I must have mixed up the prop. With the one michael J used every night to go “to sleep”

😎 Totally Exit. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do on FP. I really can’t see it going forward w/o Joan.

19. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Going to go test my luck at Bunco tonight. Y’all have a good evening.

Black and white puppy!

Kevin is at the Firehouse and Annabelle and Maggie are in their rooms ready for bed…that means I get to watch Scandal in peace…it’s the little things right????

So NMD – did your key still work, did you remember your passwords? Is it just like riding a bike? Or are you ready for another trip? 😜

Good morning everyone. 🇹🇬🇮🇫 🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊 Yes!! 🙂 Unfortunately it’s going to be getting much cooler so it’s probably good bye 70s. Boo hoo. ;(
    Foxymel I hope that stupid migraine is completely gone. No way to enjoy your weekend. I hope you and the family can do something to make you smile a bit more.
    Don’t work too hard everyone and have a great day.

Happy Friday Powell! Fall/winter is coming to the East Coast 😦 I can’t believe we are heading for the end of October! I have a flight to Orlando scheduled for Thanksgiving. I hope the airlines and the CDC get all the rules straightened out before the Holidays. Anyway, I have been meaning to ask how is your mom doing?

24. Jan (TexasTart) says: