Real Housewives of New York, Filming, Estate Sale, and Other Gossip

After dismal ratings for that last season of Real Housewives of New York, the ladies are back to filming. Perhaps Bravo doesn’t want to make the same mistake twice and allow viewers to forget all about the ladies by allowing more than a year to elapse between seasons airing. I suppose that’s good news for those of us that have the attention span of a gnat.  Fall in New York should mean lots of fashion shows, outdoor scenes, and a whole bunch of family time and holidays.

Back are Carole Radziwill, Heather Thomas, Sonja Morgan, and Kristen Taekman. LuAnn de Lesseps will remain in her role as a friend, a role Ramona Singer was forced into accepted after her failure to show any of her actual life on camera last year. Ironically, DeLessups lost her housewife status for the same reason.

But it is the former NY housewives that have us wondering – will they or won’t they return.

1) Kelly Bensimon – Shockingly, Kelly has been the first to return to housewives in “cameo” roles. One would think that the show that exposed her ‘crazy’ to the world would be the last thing she’d go near. Heather recently posted a photo on twitter with Kelly (along with Carole and LuAnn).

Is that a gift bag full of gummy bears sitting beside Kelly? But Kelly is just white noise to me – she’s probably just looking for her satchels of gold that are with Al Sharpton.

Dying laffing – this just popped up on my twitter feed. Kelly is still delusional! It’s official.

And now this – it’s all in the edit!

And this as well.

2) Bethenny Frankel

Will she or won’t she return?  That’s the million dollar question.  (If she does return, will anyone really care is another question – but that’s for the highly paid executives to answer.)  Bethenny has continued to be buddies with Andy Cohen, but Andy is no longer a top executive at Bravo.  He is developing new content, and rumors abound that Bethenny is being tapped for a new talk show at the network.  Will the deal also require a return to housewives?  I have to wonder what her storyline would be if she did return, and would anyone care.  Bethenny has been overexposed since she left the network – although viewers may tune in to see her new life as a single-mom / divorcee.  Pity ex-hubby Jason if she does return – the show could be a venue to strike back at him.

3) Alex McCord

Alex McCord most definitely will not be returning to housewives – unless it’s a new franchise in Australia.  Alex and husband Simon are moving to Australia for a fresh start.  Who can blame them.  Alex lost her real job due to the recession, Simon’s job disappeared after the evil redhead shouted something about naked photos in the hotel hallway at an on-air reunion (why did Bravo air that one wonders now in retrospect) and their towel business didn’t pan out – no doubt in part due to the lack of ability to market it once Alex left the show.  Simon began to poke needles at Bravo with his bravoratings.com – which pretty much sealed the deal on Alex never returning to the network.  It’s too bad – if Bethenny and the evil red head return, it would have been nice to have seen Alex on the show again as well.

4) Jill Zarin

Love her or hate her, Jill Zarin brought the ratings to WWHL when she chewed out former boss Andy Cohen a few years ago.  Does she still have the ratings mojo?  Does Andy dislike her enough he will stop her return?  Would Bethenny really give up a rumored million dollar paycheck for a return to the show if Jill was also invited?  I mean, that’s just crazy!  Why would she care if Jill was on the show as well.  Surely she can handle Jill’s antics.  And honestly, wouldn’t viewers be more interested in the pair that either of them individually?  Actually, I’d love see both Carole and Heather take on Jill.  They’d wipe that smirk right off her face.  Remember that Jill’s buddy on the show was Aviva Drescher – who is thankfully gone gone gone.  The only ally she would have is LuAnn.  PS Jill – Wetones and a paper mask do not protect against ebola. #dumbass

Not that I'm paranoid or anything #rubbergloves #wetwipes #mask #ebola heading back to NYC!

A post shared by jill zarin (@mrsjillzarin) on

And then there are the confirmed housewives

Heather Thomson

Heather continues to use the show to promote her brand – can we say how many time she says Yummie? She’s the anti-Jill Zarin (remember how Jill thought Heather was brought on as her replacement). Successful.

Good Morning Vegas!! I'm honored to speak at this year's #ispa2014 conference.

A post shared by Heather Thomson (@iamheathert) on

And a role model.

Heather’s making so many appearances and promotions right now, her schedule makes me dizzy.

Carole Radziwill

Who knows why quirky Carole joined the show – some think it was as a favor to long time buddy Andy Cohen. Carole is a writer. There is no doubt that she’s a writer, and Aviva’s attempt to discredit Carole last year was as idiotic as Kelly insisting Bethenny was a cook and not a chef. Carole and Heather look like they will still be besties this year – at least so far …

Miraval is – according to their twitter – an “Award-winning destination spa resort in Tucson, Arizona with wellness center, yoga, meditation, fitness, hiking, and so much more!” Is this where the NJ housewives went a few seasons ago?

Carole is also filming with Kristen

(Ricky’s is a beauty shop on Long Island).

And Sonja Morgan is continuing her boozy storyline – and according to Page Six turned up at a Molly Ringwald show drunk and obnoxious – charges Sonja denies.  Except wearing jeans – she says jeans ar

So there you have it – a busy few weeks to start off their filming.  All smiles – for now – until the evil redhead returns – if she returns.

Ramona Singer continues to show that world that life goes on without cheating cheater Mario.

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of New York and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to Real Housewives of New York, Filming, Estate Sale, and Other Gossip

Good morning. I downloaded some software to clean up my computer and ended up giving myself a heavy does of malware. Now I’m trying to clean things up and it is taking forever. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Plus I can not get used to the time change. I go to bed a 6 and wake up at 2.

I hope everyone else is having a better morning.

Yikes sorry about that.

What about melatonin? Even more evidence has come up recently about it working.
      (Valerian root is now out apparently)
      I take it sublingually and love it. It’s really supposed to help with jet lag & circadian resets.

• Veena (NMD) says:

Our housesitter left us some of that – I’m going to try it right now. I think part of my problem was going back to a desk job too soon, and not getting any exercise. When the sun rises I’ll take our dog out for a walk. That should help.

• Get some Melatonin. That shit works miracles! Welcome home btw!

2. chismosa says:

Awesome blog Veena – thanks! I just saw bravo filming last night how funny!

Hate cubism ▪️🔳🔷🔻but Ra looks great.
    I don’t know that Heather, kristen, and blonder 💩carole have what it takes to keep this franchise going. Not sure

And can’t wait to see what exciting location (budgetwise) they’ll vacation in! Maybe like jones beach, or the Bronx zoo! 🙄

Shows just how delusional jelly bean 🍬is that she would go back to these people despite claiming it’s “scripted” and she was “forced” to go to scary island. Maybe alimony has stopped on her kids so she needs work. I don’t hear of her writing freelance anywhere lately in the local publications …..

Oh ps I saw on a show yesterday – one of ny’s leading newspaper gossip journalists that is an (one of many) EX friend of bethenny (dropped by Bethenny) – clarified that for the NY first season they were each paid $5000 an episode. Season 1 NY. CONFIRMED.
    also, andy apparently has casting agents in Philly scoping out women for a potential Philadelphia RH.
    Poor guy. ☺️

How funny that just 12 hours ago I see loads of trailers for a bravo show right in ny, and perfectly timed blog Veena! Plus the woman whose show it is is I believe apparently friends with carole – and I think, I could be confusing her- drew bareymore’s SIL.

I have to read that link with blonde carole – where is there a Ricky’s on LI!?!!! It’s the best store ever in Manhattan – she’s probably shopping for Halloween costumes, they’ll probably air that.
    The one store that was in Long Island closed about 1-2 years ago and I was crying over them closing. You can get the best hair lines there, like the stuff teresa giudice’s hairline knocked off design-wise, Kerastase, and all the super high end stuff.
    Ricky’s is a super fun store. Now it’s known for Halloween stuff (pop up shops) – there are like tons of them in nyc.

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t you on the west coast Veena? Girl it’s EARLY out there, no? Thanks for the blog and hope you’re adjusting well.

I need to get to your travel blog for the last few ones – as I will activate my iPad today for the first time, need to decide if I’m going to keep it. I have tminus 7 days.

3. Jan (TexasTart) says:

Good morning! I’m off the see the wizard….in Houston for 9 year old niece performing in The Wizard Of Oz!

Princess – I intended to comment yesterday how much I enjoyed the PR recap and the humor in it! I’m a fan of Kini – even though he cried! But I can’t blame him with those soul sucking judges! I would take his coat, if I didn’t have to fight you for it, lol. Like Husker said – what was the point of going to Rome?!!

Lainey – glad to hear you are visiting your daughter and went to SUR! If you have pics or can write about your visit when you get home I would be interested in posting it on the blog!

Interesting the Chimosa ran across a Bravo filming for a show that hasn’t aired! I died at the Luann hubcaps reference. I agree with Venna about Heather Thomson’s schedule makes my head spin! She tweeted from LA yesterday. I have observed that since Ramona’s split with Mario that she is frequently photographed without make up and her hair perhaps no blow out?! Egad!

Veena – hope your day improves and the computer problem can be resolved…what a pain!

Good day everyone! 😀

Oh how fun! A future Broadway star in the making 😀 I never lived in Houston, but visited friends there …. It might have been the weather, but the “sea coast, low tide smell” was very pervasive.

I recorded the parade show Real Husbands of Hollywood Reunion. It is funny😜 Actually, some of the RHO(fill in the blank) should go this route and go for the laughs!

Have a great day!!

UGH that’s a terrible burn. I hope she went to her doc or the emergency room.

• Veena (NMD) says:

I posted it because she says she’s a chef not a cook – I should have tried to post it without the photos – yuck!

No prob. My mom and I were talking about Martha Stewart and Gwyneth Paltrow throwing digs. Martha should be ashamed. Saying GwGwyneth should stick to acting. Whatever. Whatever. I’m not talking about Gwyneth as an actor, person or whatever. Just that Martha not Kelly need to say who’s a chef and who’s a cook. But Martha said yrs ago that Rachael Ray isn’t a chef. Who the hell cares if people are chefs or cooks as long as they’ve worked hard at the craft and know how to cook?

Horrible looking! Poor thing but, I don’t get how this makes her a chef not a cook…I know she’s just trynta be funny.

There’s far too much meat on those bones to be Bethenny. Can’t be her arm or leg – there’s not enough there.
      Or she’s angled the photo REALLLY well.

• MelTheHound says:

how did she burn twice like that? did someone splash her with holy water?

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is feeling well today.

Sue holding Andy’s feet to the fire

I read Sue’s tweets and I don’t think Andy is quite getting what Sue is saying. Andy is saying the others on NJ that have or allegedly have done aren’t the same as Tre and Joe, but Sue is saying she gets that but Bravo continues to highlight Tre & Joe and the other cast get to bash them but Bravo doesn’t highlight what Albert did w/getting health insurance under false pretenses, Chris & Jac and them looting their company then filing for bankruptcy, Richie and his crookedness. Yes we know what Tre and Joe was awful and they have no one to blame but themselves but whatever the others have done they also have no one to blame but themselves and Bravo should have highlighted it no matter if it altered the outcome of NJ. Joey has done stuff too. . It’s like the whole cast from S1 on have been shady in one form or the other. Scrap the whole dang city.

I watched the NJ reunion first look, but I have no idea who the new ladies are. Someone said “clink clink” to Teresa – as in handcuffs. She’s going to be hated when that airs. No one likes it when you kick someone when they are down – it’s just wrong on all levels.

That was one of those twins-she did that “clink clink” thing on her TH last week and has been getting her ass kicked on twitter for it! Funny thing is her dad was in prison–she is no position to make fun!!

9. jezzibel says:

Please for the love of dog, do not put kookoo-gummybear back on RHONY, her brand of crazy cannot be replicated and is not missed at all. I will acknowledge that she acted more maturely than some *hint hint…JZ* after being given her walking papers from the show.
    Its been 3 or 4 years since JZ was fired/pink-slipped/given-the-boot/shown-the-door, thats a lot of time that has elapsed in reality tv land, she is yesterdays news, and any attempt to recreate what made her watchable/unwatchable will badly staged, laughable, and will ultimately fail. Her time has passed(and her unwillingness to accept that and take real responsibility for the bridges she burned)is amusing in a watching a mosquito fly into a zapper sort of way.
    Those pictures of JZ shopping at Heathers place, was her actually researching how to rip off Heathers yummie tummie/spanx stuff

• Veena (NMD) says:

Did you see Kelly’s tweet about having to stop filming on Scary Island because she couldn’t take a pregnant woman fighting. She’s still delusional.

• jezzibel says:

the cray-cray is strong with that one, its never ceases to amaze me how her version of scary island keeps evolving(I guess depending on which voice in her head she is listening to that hour) versus what was shown( I suspect the unedited stuff is downright terrifying). Are we taking bets on how long before Kookoo (or whatever personality is dominant that day)claims a hookup with B’s ex Jason, just like she’s done with Derek Jeter, Gerard Butler, Madonna’s ex(those are just the ones that come to mind) Max.

She’d think she’s had one up on B but if it were true B would say she could have him. No loss.

That’s excuse no. 79. 🙂

Hahaha Jezzibel in the pic where JZ is holding up a garment I was thinking “she’s looking at it to figure out how to steal Heather’s design”. HA! 🙂

Aviva is such a piece of work. So glad she’s gone.

“She was getting her 10% as each amount comes in, but we have held back on the remainder because we think she’s very sleazy,” Drescher says. “For 16 days of filming, I would have asked for more money.”

Dang! I was going to post a link there. Yep, she’s such a charmer. You’d think someone who seems so determined to be a Reality TV Star would figure out how that sort of stuff works.

Um isn’t Leg a lawyer and would get the contract to read and sign? If she and her WS husband didn’t read the contract that spells out everything then that’s their fault. Sheessshhh.

She went to law school. I don’t know if she graduated or if she passed the Bar exam. Remember the casino with the paintings she was loaned to decorate the apartment she rented for this most recent season? I suppose there are HWs with greater feelings of entitlement, but offhand, I can’t think of which one.

I watched Bootcamp w/Gretchen and Slade. They were so blahhh. I enjoyed it though. I’m looking forward to the new season. Can’t wait to see delusional Leg. I’m really looking forward to seeing Reid. Maybe he’ll “tell the truth” about Leg.

Me, trying to stay up past 8!

• Barb (Just Wondering In Jersey) says:

Thank you ladebra for my daily dose of cuteness. Lets put the poor baby to bed. After a few cuddles 🙂

12. Welcome back Veena. Its going to take some time to get back on schedule. I always have trouble coming back from Europe. Maybe it is because we are on the west coast. Thanks for the Kelly updates.

Chis-I can’t imagine where they’re going to film RH of Philly. It’s not like NY-there’s maybe 3 or 4 areas that are actually nice and where people have actual money. The rest is ghetto or working class, blue collar. not that’s there’s anything wrong with blue collar-but that’s not typically what bravo wants. I’d bet they’ll film out on the “Main Line”.

I don’t get it either.
      I guess main line /high line, whatever you call it ???

The main line is right outside the city, in PA. Haverford, Bryn Mawr, Radnor etc. beautiful area-and $$$$$. The Philadelphia Story with Katherine Hepburn, that’s the main line. I posted an article about it a few days ago-I got the impression that it was going to be more of a multicultural cast. Similar to Atlanta. Maybe the wives of athletes? Most of which live on the Main Line or here in South Jersey. I can’t see bravo in jersey down here? They did that one awful Marino show here-I don’t know! Lol

I’m cool with “multicultural” if it’s more diverse than simply African-American/black and 1/2/3rd generation Italians.
          SOMETHING ELSE PUH-LEAZE 😴😴😴😴

14. LisaJ says:

I apologize if it’s been discussed before, but does anyone have any insight as to why Bravo no longer allows comments on the blogs?

• Veena (NMD) says:

i don’t have an answer, but I seem to remember something about people’s interns commenting or something like that – and Carole getting upset or Carole’s intern commenting – but it’s probably because they are too cheap to hire interns to monitor the comments to make it look like a particular housewife is popular or not – depending on what they want us to think.

• iceNfire says:

They are too cheap and heavily censored. I haven’t been on that site for a very long time b/c as I was reading the comments they vanished right in front of my eyes. this wansn’t the first time I’ve seen the comments scrubbed but it was the last time I bothered reading them

Can anyone explain this?

Powell-I think andy asks so many questions of teresa and Joe because it’s so big. Literally a federal case! With the other ones-it’s never gone that far, yet, so there’s not much to discuss. I am curious if he will say anything about teressssas dad being in prison. You know-clink clink!

I must have missed that blog – why did clink clink banshees’ dad go to jail/prison?
      Long time? White collar? During the time that Santa Mama “hooked up” with rino?
      I’d love to hear more about that, how did I miss it ?!

I agree that Andy is going after the biggest cases. He’s going after what makes the 11 o’clock news, E news, actual newspapers that are not local, etc.

The fact he doesn’t like Teresa in general is separate from the legal issues. That goes back to S1. IMHO

I don’t think he dislikes her. I really don’t. I’m in the minority there! The dad went to jail for environmental violations in his construction business. Removing asbestos improperly and lying about it. He served a few months. That’s when the affair supposedly happened. My nut husband has a theory that the dad is gay and Santa is a beard so cheating is ok. Because it’s not if she’s a beard! Lol. Still-not with the SON IN LAW. I don’t believe it happened, unless this family is super effed up.

I get you. Maybe Andy doesn’t really dislike her. I know the gay comments S1 by Juicy ruffled his feathers but maybe not to fully DISLIKE her.
          It’s an odd situation they’re in, Tre & Andy

Meant to put this above-earlier this week we were talking about the AC trip they took in December. Early in filming and a get to know each other trip. That got cut. The “rumor” came out in February. I’m wondering if during that trip-Rino knowing teresas friend Victoria gotti came out. Then teresa (like I would) called up VG and asked about them. Even innocently, like “a girl I’m doing the show with-her husband knows you” type of thing. Next thing you know, Amber, teresa and Victoria are having a sit down and boom! In not convinced they knew what she was going to say-Victoria doesn’t seem to be the type to show her hand, but the intention to gossip was there. That would at least explain some of teressssas anger. That teresa G did open the door. That being said, there’s still plenty of blame to go around. It shouldn’t just be directed at teresa this time. For all we know, victoria could have told 10 rino stories and this one they pick.

Nice theories…. 📹🔮🔍🔦. Did they go to AC for Christmas or New Years??
      So wait is tomorrow reunion AND/OR SECRETS?

I CANT TYPE ON THIS IPAD. don’t have the speed I’m used to! 😭😭😭😭

Hey Pindy if you come by-I was watching Romy and Michelle today and it reminded me to let you know, IM THE MARY-you’re the Rhoda! 😜

19. Jan (TexasTart) says: