Bethenny is Back and the RHONY are Happy! by NMD

Life is full of lollipops and unicorns – Bethenny Frankel is returning to Bravo as a Real Housewife of New York!  It probably took a boatload of cash or perhaps an unhealthy dose of narcissism.  Whatever the case, Bravo seems to think we want to see more of her, and she seems to think we want to see more of her.  Even her castmates seem to think we want to see more of her.  I’m not sure if I do.  Her exit from RHONY was perfect timing after Season Three – when she was generally liked by viewers.  After a few seasons on her own show  – much of the time spent emasculating Jason Hoppy – a disastrous turn on Stars on Ice, a messy divorce, and a failed talk show, she may just be overexposed enough to be uninteresting.  We’ll see.  I’m ambivalent, or perhaps cautiously optimistic.  The franchise needs something.  Maybe this is it.

I will say, I’ve never seen such fanfare for someone joining the franchise. She’s got a spread in People, wrote her own blog, Bravo has an article, Sudsy Sonja gave an interview to some Magazine I can’t read without getting a virus, and everyone and their dog is tweeting up a storm:

And from the Red Head

bigstock-cricket-illustration-34307432

___________________________

Is Orange the New Black for Teresa Giudice?

Breaking news! Teresa Giudice has been fired by her crisis manager Wendy Feldman. Feldman,who must never want to work for anyone famous again, aired their dirty laundry in US Magazine. Apparently she was miffed that Teresa ignored her advice (has she met Teresa?) and requested to be housed in the Danbury Facility. Our own T-Rex has done a lot of research on this, and assures us that Danbury is no longer accepting inmates, so it is unlikely Teresa’s request will be successful. T-Rex’s best guess (and no one can really know at this point) is that Teresa will be assigned to the facility in West Virginia where Martha Steward spent her time.

This is the sort of thing that really pisses me off. Wendy claims that you cannot request a facility, and in doing so Teresa has damaged all the careful work Wendy has done behind the scenes to get her into a particular facility. Say What? Does the Federal Government give preferential treatment to people with a crisis manager? Someone should really look into this Wendy Feldman’s contacts to see what is going on here. This country prides itself on Justice for All. It seems to me that whatever process is in place for assigning facilities should be followed for everyone, not everyone without a crisis manager.

TeresaOrange10.18

Let’s dissect what Wendy said to US Weekly.

“Sadly, my time with Teresa and has come to an end. My client relationships are very important to me, however today’s filing regarding Teresa’s Bureau of Prisons designation request was not done with my knowledge or input. I am not the consultant referred to in filing.”

So who really did the firing?

“This is clearly not the first time my advice has not been followed, but this is the time where the stakes are the highest. Both for my clients and myself, I work hard to maintain a strong relationship with the Bureau of Prisons. As I’ve tried to instruct Teresa, this is a process that must be respected. A designation to a camp is a gift, not a requirement from the BOP and the judge.”

A gift?  Who is giving this gift?  Can you gift federal resources?  That all sounds fishy to me.  And quite frankly, a designation to a camp is a requirement if a prisoner is going to spend time in a camp. Doesn’t she mean a designation to a particular camp? Is Teresa going camping?  Is that the new word for prison?

“By making this request, Teresa has jeopardized months of work, months of preparation and in fact may jeopardize where she is ultimately designated or sent to.”

Months of preparation.  Is Wendy saying she knew Teresa was going to get camp time? And wouldn’t some of that time be better spent helping Teresa fill out her paperwork properly?

“My ultimate responsibility is to all of my clients, not just to Teresa.”

Again, what exactly does this woman do to get her clients special consideration.  Someone really does need to look into this.  And why is she airing this all out in public?

“I’m hopeful that, at some point, a change occurs and rehabilitation begins. My thought and wishes will always be with her children.”

How gracious of you to hope that Teresa changes and gets rehabilitated.  Isn’t that the point of going to camp?

“I’m well-known for investing my heart and soul into my clients and today’s decision didn’t come lightly or without prior events leading up to this.”

You sound a little bit self serving.  Is this all about you?

I hope Teresa’s new advisers really do help her through this difficult time.  It seems to me that she’s better off without this shady Wendy Feldman who threw her under the bus at the first opportunity!

nj6

This entry was posted in Real Housewives of New York and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

211 Responses to Bethenny is Back and the RHONY are Happy! plus Is Orange the New Black for Teresa Giudice?

1. OneMoreInBoston says:

great blog-love the cricket!

Belated Congratulations to Shanna- maybe my new name should be StillSingleInBoston?

2. T-Rex says:

Veena, Actually Exit has a better article about this BOP letter and Wendy F is an idiot. Somehow, someone must have informed ConvictFelonTeresa that she would possibly be going to an MDC center(Metropolitan DetentionCenter), necessitating her to send in a letter to the Judge that she was NOT interested in this. Okay an MDC, from what I read shouldn’t have even been on ConvictFelonTeresa’s radar as a possibility, this supposed letter states that a “BOP expert” has determined she would be going to an MDC, I would like them to name this expert. I am also trying to find the exact letter sent to the Judge, there is a picture, but this could be a fake, so need to find the real letter. These MDC centers first off house ALL levels of security which means you get to house with the highest level of felons, where as, the center in West Virginia is low and medium low security. MDC centers are really for those folks that are in jail prior to their court dates, prior to their sentencing, or if they are needed as witnesses to on-going court cases so that they are able to be brought to court quickly when needed, not for inmates serving more than 6 months. Perfect example is Martha Stewart, the Feds really hated her, not sure why but they did and if they could have sent her to the MDC they would have, however her sentence was over six months and that meant sending to the “farm” facilities. ConvictFelonteresa has just hired a new attorney maybe they thought they needed to “earn their keep” by filing this letter, who knows. We haven’t seen the Final judgement filed by Judge Salas just yet, still waiting on this, so maybe there is some reasoning behind getting Judge Salas to stipulate that she is to serve her time at a particular center that wasn’t the MDC who knows. I have an email into my Fed-Friend for more info as to why there would have been even a THOUGHT that she would go to an MDC, since he told me that she was probably(he said about 95%), that she would go to Anderson in West Virginia. I think this is Ms. Feldman’s attempts to legally sever her contract with the ConvictFelonTeresa and not pay back any monies, by stating she wasn’t informed. In addition, the new attorneys they hired could be unfamiliar with the federal courts as well.

The letter was very hard to read with the watermarks.

OKAY, I did get a copy of this letter! AND my Fed-Friend read this and HIS take as to why they sent this isn’t the MDC/Farm request, it’s the little missive at the end about being able to serve part of her term in a HALFWAY HOUSE! This makes MUCH more sense as to why Ms. Feldman fired her client! The judge in her court hearing was pretty adamant that she was sentencing the ConvictFelonTeresa to time IN the federal prison to make her understand her crimes. By asking the Judge at this point, for part of her time to be served at a Halfway house is going to go down like a lead balloon, and she better hope the BOP sends her to Anderson and not to Alabama to make a POINT. This Judge is her judge throughout the entirety of her sentence and probation, and this isn’t going to go well for her if she keeps hiring folks to get around her serving her time!! Also note that the Judge did also find out that the ConvictFelonJuicy’s were planning on filing appeals to their convictions and jail time, it’s why their attorney’s quit(allegedly, from a pretty good source), and then they have abandoned that idea, at least for now.

I also read up on their new attorney, according to her website she specializes in appeals in Federal court sentences, we all now know that the ConvictFelons were going to try to appeal their cases, but for now have decided against this. Makes sense now why during their Bravo interview they were throwing the original attorneys under the bus, probably trying to set up the whole “insufficient representation” as part of the appeals. The Appellate process is EXTREMELY expensive, way more than they would have paid to their former attorneys. Since the ConvictFelon’s can’t pay their creditors back, can’t come up with the restitution they are required to pay by the courts and can’t put their kids through college, not sure where they would come up with approximately 100K plus for each of them(at the minimum) that they would need to appeal their sentences.

The halfway house was already on the table it seems. It’s radar take it with a grain.

I think this is not a request but a language clarification between what was said in court and what’s in her judgement. at this point, until the day she goes it’s one crazy story after another!

I mean the letter is not a request, but language clarification. No one wants a technicality!

This could absolutely be the case, since they are having to pay for this new attorney, she needs to “earn her keep” so to speak, in my opinion. The lawyer also probably knows this Feldman person isn’t going to help the ConvictFelons and probably told them that, again my opinion. I think Ms Feldman has probably been trying to sever her contract for months, and she now finally has the chance and she is taking it! She is another fame-whore who will be probably selling her story for the next few years, as while the story will die off once ConvictFelonTeresa is serving her time, but will ramp back up when she gets out and ConvictFelonJuicyJoe get his “tag” that it’s his turn to enter the FederalPrison Ring. I have to read up more on this halfway house thing, but from what I read in the past, this is another ruse to get some more time off your sentence if the judge agrees, this is up to the judge I believe and not totally the BOP.

I feel the judge may think they just aren’t getting it, that she meant what she said. She wanted them to go to prison to learn a lesson. And say N O to a halfway house.

• cusi77 says:

You are so right about Mrs Feldman . I just heard Wendy Williams said that the expertise of Feldman is that she herself served 16-17 months in Federal prison for Fraud and Wire transfer… She is a piece of work to be an expert. IMHO.

So just say it T-Rex. Tre and Joe DO understand what the judge has sentenced them to BUT they insist on doing things their way and NOT listen to the professional advice they’ve received and they DON’T care if they pissed off the judge.

Good morning everyone. Looks like a bright sunny day. How’s everyone feeling this A.M.?
    I was on Twitter and saw NeNe’s tweet to check out her HSN line. I did. Not really impressed. A couple pieces I can’t even imagine her wearing. We know she didn’t design them but I just can’t see her wearing a few of the pieces. They don’t seem like her style. I like Lu’s stuff better than NeNe’s.
    And RIP Oscar de la Renta. What a fantastic and glamorous designer. I don’t know who the head designer is now but he was grooming his step daughter for yrs to take over the company. I bet Amal will treasure her wedding gown even more.
    Have a great day everyone.

And reposting this. Ladebra and T-Rex got a kick out of it. 🙂
    It’s official official. GMA announces B is returning to NY. Did I hear screams coming from the Upper East Side from the Zarin household? 😱😱😱😱😭😭😭😭😭 Or did Bobby fly the redhead to the Bahamas? 😉

My post from the other blog:

Well Kelly-been-Someone-kookooCrazy-beans, has certainly lost her smattering of marbles regarding the Return-of-B, since she twatted up a storm about B over the weekend, from what folks posted here. Makes sense now, why she went all Al Sharpton over the weekend. Oh, and her Ex-husband sold the apartment she was living in, in manhattan(he owned it and was allowing her to live their with their kids), not sure where that horse statue went. She still has access to the Hamptons house, I don’t think that’s fully in her name either, think the Ex still owns that as well, been trying to find out for sure. I don’t think she has a place at all in the city any longer, as Giles is no longer housing them on his dime in manhattan.

• Cartwheels says:

Just for this reason and this reason only I am tickled to death that B is returning, not only returning but returning via the big door and with an estimated salary as high as 1M.
      Red head is about to explote. LOL

• austin1963 says:

Very glad Bethenny is returning to RHWNY. She is so quick-witted and funny that I think it will be an improvement over what’s there now. At least they’re not trying to dumb it down even more – I already feel like I lose IQ points every time I forget to mute the screen when Kristen is speaking. And I doubt very seriously that LuMan is happy about it, which makes it even better.

The cricket reference was priceless!

As for where Teresa does her time, I don’t really care. She should humble herself and take what is given her. I wouldn’t put it past her to totally screw things up and maybe get herself into more trouble before she even serves her first day. If it was me, I would have taken a few weeks to get my affairs in order, get my daughters settled and get myself to jail. This waiting for January 5 may put her in a bigger hole than she is already in.

Beee-u-tiful Indian summer day – mid 70s and the fall colors are amazing! Hope all is good in your neighborhood!

I’d do the same if it were me. You 15 months is not that long, it’ll fly by. Look how fast the last 36 years went by, I had just had a baby and now my kids are in their 30’s, 15 months is nothing. As far as that person quitting Teresa, if Teresa hired new attorneys I’m betting that person was going out the door anyway. I personally would not hire someone like her that would even be commenting on this case. I’d expect my crisis manager to keep her mouth shut about past customers, I don’t think her comments say much for her.

Husker I’m w/you. I’d have asked if I could start one month after sentencing. Start it and get it over with. I wouldn’t be writing letters or making requests I knew would piss off the judge. But hey. That’s just me. And hey I would NEVER do anything so stupid. Look I don’t want to get a speeding or red light ticket. Sometimes I’m like “I hope I didn’t get a ticket. I’ll see in a few days.” 🙂

• Austin says:

I was just thinking that. Teresa should use the two months she’s got between now and her surrender day to be with her kids and get her/their affairs in order, not carrying on about what has already been decided and fighting it at every turn. I doubt very seriously if anyone will give her a break at this juncture no matter what she does or how much she fusses. Just accept it, do your time, and move on – that’s what I would be doing.

6. kendo says:

Joe has a drinking problem! Could that be the reason that their paper work with assets was not correct? Teresa was busy caring for the kids and working. In this situation, I think the judge made a mistake. Teresa should not go to jail. Let her work and earn the money to pay back creditors. She’s the most popular of the cast and this is her time to make money. How is she going to make money after jail?

Hey Kendo. ✋✋ I think Joe would like to use that as an excuse to why they didn’t give the judge the requested financials.

• Cartwheels says:

Whether he was drunk or not is irrelevant, they both swore in front ofofficer loans that they had income based on lies to fraudently obtain loas that they never intended to pay back. Teresa is not an innocent victim in any of this, she knew what her husband was doing and she helped him, as long as the money was coming she was okay with it and never thought that there would be any consequences.
      Let her earn the money and pay back her creditors? that would be wonderful if she hadn’t shown unti lthe very end her intend to hide assets and declare as little as possible which only means that repayment is the last thing in her mind, she wants to keep all her possessions and hasn’t learn a thing about her criminal actions, for unrepentant criminals there is jail.

Joe drinking doesn’t excuse Teresa’s failure to include her jewelry in the disclosure forms to the sentencing judge. And, Joe/Joe’s drinking doesn’t excuse Teresa lying through her teeth to the bankruptcy court. As for how she’ll make money after jail…well I guess she’ll have to get a job like everyone else.

Well Tre calls it “going away” so I guess camp sounds much better than the federal penitentiary.

T-Rex I’m nosey. YES. 🙂 I just thought of this. Do you have docs to B and Jason’s custody agreement or can you get them? I’d like to know if there’s a stip from Jason that Bryn can’t be on reality tv or tv period. I wouldn’t want to see her all the time but I would like to see her once to see how she’s grown.

I’m sure various paps will sell a photo or a dozen to some magazine of Bryn walking somewhere with one of her parents.

If anyone is to leak those to the press while either parent is still alive, they can be found in contempt of court, and fined, or do time for giving this information to the public. This is why you almost ever see famous folks custody or even divorce information.

No you cannot get nor petition any documents from Family court, these are sealed completely. Most divorce petitions involving children and custody are completely sealed, and really a lot of divorce petitions are sealed if you can afford to have the lawyers file for this. We will probably never see the documents.

9. OneMoreInBoston says:

so- not that I’m an expert at “going away to college” but I thought that the judge doesn’t assign a prison? I thought that was up to the Federal Bureau of Prisons? that’s kinda why they have a classification system?

So why would Tre write a letter then? (And just btw? why *shouldn’t* she? it’s her sentence not this Wendy Feldman character’s.)

Maybe she wrote the letter to the judge as a PR move. Doting mother to her “dawders” and all that. if she gets the Danbury jail- yay for her- and if she doesn’t than the public knows she requested it and she’ll get more sympathy and Bravo TV time when she comes out.

I really don’t like this Wendy woman- I think she’s a bullshitter- and IMHO, nothing she told Teresa to do worked, so Teresa gave her the boot and this is Wendy’s retaliation against her.

I’m sure she’s not the first person to write a letter about her sentencing and who can blame her, she’s the one going away. I agree with you on the Wendy person. I think she was out the door but if she wants to say she fired Teresa so be it. Doesn’t change the fact she’s gone whether she fired Teresa or Teresa fired her, she’s still out of there. Why she was hired in the first place is a mystery to me, she has a record from what I recall reading, that alone would have stopped me from hiring her.

Mrs P I’m not on Wendy’s side but when Tre “changed” her image a couple of yrs ago wasn’t it Wendy that Tre was working w/and the changes workd and made her more popular? Then Tre started doing the opposite of what she was advised.

I don’t know who she was working with, I didn’t know she was working with anyone until probably the last year. I thought she became more popular when everyone on the show ganged up on her and people felt sorry for her. I always thought that another thing that helped her was how hard she worked with all her products. For me I just would have a hard time following the advise on how to improve my image from someone herself that had been in prison. Maybe the Wendy person is smart and knows what she’s talking about I don’t know, I know nothing about the woman except what I read here.

Her new lawyer wants to reconcile the language in teresas judgement with the recommendations the judge made at her sentencing-because they differ. This makes a big difference in where she could go. The BOP ultimately decides this, but they follow the recommendations of the judge as well. Because there’s a conflict in the language-the lawyer wants to correct this, to make sure she ends up in an appropriate facility. Which she probably would anyway, but it’s the smart thing to do-make sure everything’s straight. This is way overblown. Heres the story from a reputable source:

Wendy Feldman is shady. You never trash a client. Ever. No matter how much you hate them! Now that I think about it-she quits and the request letter hits the tabloids? Shes not mad about that letter. Did Bethany say it’s never about what it’s about? If I’m ever in crisis-I’m so not calling Wendy Feldman!

• OneMoreInBoston says:

crap- I’m calling you

Ok Exit-let me see if I understand this-you know I’m sucky with the legal shit-
        Teresa has a new lawyer and that lawyer is requesting that the judge who sentenced Teresa verify the language that was used in the sentencing b/c it could make a difference where she goes?
        ROL put out this story-along with convicted criminal Wendy whatsherface and made it seem as if Teresa held her lawyer at gun point and made her draft this letter requesting a half way house or whatever? Do I have any of this right…I’m so confused!!!

• OneMoreInBoston says:

ok- now I get why they’re pissed. But was the language really that unclear?

It’s grandstanding then to avoid where she’s sent? kinda makes sense to me

stinks of desperation

Jnntj- Her lawyer matter of factly stated her client should get halfway house, period. Then spent about a page or so as to why she should be housed in Danbury, or at the very least West Virginia. Lawyers don’t get really held at gunpoint, they are paid to do what their client requests. She probably lawyer shopped to find one that would draft this document, then the DOJ did a BOOYA Slapdown on the request. They spent an entire page explaining WHY they shouldn’t have even asked for the halfway house, and then why they aren’t going to get it! The stuff about the Prison location they basically said whatever, we will recommend what you want but shouldn’t you basically wait to file a change or a complaint until you find out which facility she gets?

T-Rex-do you have a copy of the letter that Teresa’s new lawyer sent? I tried to read at ROL and it wasn’t easy!!
            I didn’t see it as the lawyer stating that Teresa should get to go to a half way house-she was trying to verify the language used and even stated that as her intent–she also mentions Danbury which is not a half way house. I don’t think the intent was a request for location as much as a request for the wording to be correct.

I have all the documents, don’t know anyones email addresses. I have the First letter sent, the DOJ response and the two files for the judgements and the sentencing minutes.

I’m so annoyed with ROL for marking up the whole letter-so stupid of them!!!

I guess they didn’t want folks stealing it, but it’s readily available at Pacer.gov if you want to pay for it, it’s about a dollar.

Wendy is just mad she is out of the spotlight, that’s her problem. I see no problem in the attorney asking to have this stuff match, shouldn’t a good atty do that anyway?

Mrs. P, according to my Fed-Friend they probably should not have filed this letter this early. You wait until the BOP selects your Prison location and if it’s not your ideal location, then you ask for changes, then you can say, look maybe we can consider a half-way house. Or you start submitting documents that your client is doing as the courts ask in the judgement and just before she is headed to prison send a letter to ask if they could possibly think about a halfway house down the road. You don’t submit a demand letter two seconds after you have been sentenced, fired your competent attorneys, and go on Bravo to state you did no wrong, didn’t understand the charges and what you pled to, didn’t understand the judge and oh by the way our attorneys sucked, and we should appeal. The judge sees all of this nonsense. I read the judgement it’s pretty direct on what they are to do and so far they haven’t done much accept pay for the 200k judgement that they should have brought to court with them.

Exit – Exactly on Ms. Feldman, look when you are working with clients who are criminals, you know they are shady, but to “out” their information is wrong, wrong, wrong. You quietly fire your client and move on, not go to the nearest tabloid with the highest payout to air your clients’ dirty laundry. But let’s face it Ms. Feldman is herself a convicted Felon, you get what you pay for.

• If I’m ever in a crisis I am calling OLIVIA POPE!!!

T-Rex or Exit – what does BOP stand for? as for Bethanny coming back – I honestly don’t know what to think – I want to see how she manages Carole, Heather and “but I’m pretty!” I already know how she handles Lu, Sonja and Ramona – somehow I don’t see the “older but wiser” theory happening….

• OneMoreInBoston says:

Bureau of Prisons?

interesting to see 2 of andy’s favorites (Bethany and Carole) on the same show, I wonder if they know each other in private lives.

• shamrockblonde says:

Carole is just – meh – to me – so it will be interesting to see them together – which of the three – Carole, Heather or Pretty do you think will have the hardest time with B?

My Theory:
          Carole will not get along with Bethenny-Bethenny is loud and obnoxious and Carole fancies herself a hipster (so annoying) they will not mesh well. I think Preeetttyyyyy and Bethenny will get along and Heather and Bethenny have a lot in common career wise…Carole and her hipster self is going to be flat left!

I like Carole. She does very well what Her Heatherness fails at doing and comes off hawdy tawdy, or talking down to people. She uses her vast knowledge and vocabulary to educate/enlighten people and not think she’s better than people.

• shamrockblonde says:

I think that career wise Heather and B will have a lot in common, but I wonder about Heather needing to always be better at everything – B is not Pretty – she will have a different reaction to a conversation along those lines – as for Carole – something tells me she will not enjoy B’s personality all that well – not sure what Pretty will make of her –

• austin1963 says:

I guess “pretty” is in the eye of the beholder. I think Bethenny is appealing, if not pretty in a conventional sense. I’ve never thought Heather was pretty, appealing, or even very attractive. I think they possibly could bond over their business interests. Heather is hugely into one-upmanship, which could cause problems. I think Carole and Bethenny could possibly get along, if they don’t already know each other, which is also possible. Bethenny is about 100 times smarter than LuMan and Sonja, and about 1,000 times smarter than Kristen. I can already hear all her, “Are you kidding me’s?” and “Who does that’s?”, ay yi yi. I can also see LuMan getting her nose out of joint over Bethenny’s return. Ramona and Sonja won’t be as fazed by it, I don’t think. It will be an interesting season, which is great after it being so boring for so long.

I am actually interested to see if Bethenny tells Drunken-delusional-greygardens-Sonjya that she has traversed over to crazy town that is covered in delusion!

I’m interested in Ramona and B’s relationship since Ramona told B she’d be alone and now Ramona is getting rid of Mario.

• shamrockblonde says:

oh she will tell her – but Sonja will probably not remember a word of it!

Shamrock I had to think of who “but I’m pretty ” is. 🙂

• Cartwheels says:

I am curious about her interactions with Luann TBH
      Bethenny has always said that she liked the real Luann, the down to earth Luann but during the filming of RHNY Luann played a character (maybe her association with the red head brought the worst in her) but in the last seasons Luann has really showed some growth so I wonder how would that play with Bethenny.
      I am also curious about her interactions with Carole and Heather as they are besties and have each others’ back while Bethenny is running solo.

I think the red head brought out the worst in all of them, she tried so hard to be some high society lady that she wasn’t and the others did not want to be outdone by her. I think as the seasons went on and esp after red left the real personalities came out esp after the new ones came on, they didn’t try acting like someone they weren’t (all but leg that is). Whose place did the pretty one take? I can’t remember.

I think she got to Lu more than the other ladies. Ramona already knew how she was and didn’t fall into the trap as much as Lu did.

11. T-Rex says:

Okay PEEPS< Hot off the Judicial press, straight from the BOP and the Department of Justice their response to the request by ConvictFelonTeresa's attorney regarding their requests. It is 2 pages long and most of it specifically address this "halfway house" request. As I thought, this request from her attorney, was for ConvictFelonTeresa to spend anywhere from 6 months to 12 months of her sentence in a halfway house, which the Deparment of Justice has REJECTED and has recommended that to the BOP. They explained why they objected, mostly that the judge and the courts specifically stated that they wanted her to spend her time in PRISON for her actions not a halfway house. In addition it was WAY too early to be asking for this recommendation as well, they seemed pretty miffed that the attorney would be asking for this before she is in actual Prison. They addressed the whole Farm vs MDC in about two sentences by stating that the the DOJ does not have any problem with them specifying that ConvictFelonTeresa be sentenced to a camp facility and not the "administrative" facility(which is the MDC locations). This is ultimately the decision of the BOP, but that they will stipulate that the DOJ will have no objections. The next page and half was designated to the Halfway house nonsense. Again the DOJ NOT happy with them and they chastised them for not bringing this up at sentencing, we all know that if they did the Judge would have denied it right then. After reading this I can certainly see Ms. Feldman's point about not pissing off the DOJ and the BOP by making demands like they did after reading the response. Now we get to wait to see what the the official BOP

• OneMoreInBoston says:

hmmm…

interesting- thank you for doing the legwork.

But I guess I’m not real clear why this would piss anyone off? I thought it was routine to ask for a certain location if the prisoner wanted to?

And it’s confusing that first they’re pissed off because she didn’t wait until being assigned but also pissed that they didn’t make the request at sentencing?

Seems to me Teresa is trying to throw a Hail Mary pass- I would if I was in her place too. But then again I wouldn’t be in her place.

but that, childrens, is a post for another day

This is the story trex is talking about:

The issue of the camp vs detention center was cleared up. The Halfway House-apparently you can ask to serve your sentence in a halfway house, if it’s appropriate. BUT this “Second Chance Act” option was never presented to the judge by teresas defense attorneys (why?) at or before sentencing, so the judge never addressed it. Her new lawyer, obviously recognized this and threw, as OMIB said, a Hail Mary Pass. It failed, because it was addressed too late-post sentencong. Her lawyer would be remiss to not make an attempt though. This is what lawyers do. They file motions and requests on behalf of their clients. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s beong totally sensationalized.

The article from radar above (like I said, take it with a grain) had teresa going to a halfway house after prison (not uncommon) and that she was trying to get OUT of it. The truth was she was trying to get INTO one! Lol.

I actually have the documents I didn’t read the article yet, I downloaded them along with their actual judgement directly from the courts. I also have the sentencing information as well that were recorded under the Minutes that were filed. Oh, and those two delays in sentencing, I pulled those too and they were absolutely filed by the ConvictFelon attorneys, the courts did not delay the proceedings, they agreed to delay at the request of their attorneys.

So the new lawyer said “your previous counsel did not present xyz which could have possibly made a difference so that’s what you hired me for and that’s what we will do”.

Oh and we owe you a salary too? 😉

No, she really didn’t present it like that, she just stated pretty matter of factly that the ConvictFelon should be given her time in a halfway house pursuant to the statute she listed. What is so interesting is that the original letter sent by her attorney spent about a page stating why ConvictFelon should be housed in a Farm facility and not and MDC and two sentences about the halfway house, and the response from the DOJ was the opposite, they wanted to make it VERY CLEAR that the halfway house was NOT up for consideration. If the judge had wanted that she would have said so, and if they wanted the judge’s answer to that question they should have asked her in court. We all know that judge would have gone ballistic if she asked that in court, which is why her previous attorneys didn’t bring it up! When ConvictFelonJuicyJoe’s attorneys asked for him to do part of his time in a Rehab for alcohol, the judge emphatically stated he could go to AA in prison, no way he was getting any break on his time in Prison. So, since he was sentenced first, ConvictFelonTeresa’s attorney, after watching Judge Salas decline the Rehab, knew that no way the judge would consider a halfway house for her. NOTE that the Judge is the ONLY person that can recommend the Halfway house, and I don’t know why the new attorney would send this letter so soon after sentencing, and that’s exactly what the DOJ said as well!!

Doesn’t seem right to me they felt they couldn’t ask for the halfway house consideration for Teresa based on the judge’s response to the AA Rehab for alcohol request for Joe. Seems like her request should have been based on her only not him. Probably would have been turned down but they should have felt they could ask.

Mrs P, not really, the Judge came out of the gate stating, “I was going to consider probation and after your actions and the lying and the missing paperwork, etc. you are getting jail time” Is probably not the time to ask for the Halfway house, it probably would have pissed her off even more and maybe she would have been given more time! The judge was very direct that she wanted ConvictFelonTeresa to learn a lesson and that lesson was PRISON. So, her attorney was smart not to ask for that, at that time. If they were smart from day one before prison, they should be getting their financial books in order, paying restitution to their creditors, doing everything the judge said in their judgement, but they haven’t, so when it came closer to Prison time she could have asked the Judge to maybe consider halfway house placement.

I didn’t know all that went down. No one ever said they were smart. I wonder mentally if there isn’t some type of learning disorder she has, she just does not seem to get things so I really wonder if jail time will really help her to understand.

Well, maybe they can send T to a halfway house for 6 – 12 months after she serves her 15 months in prison? I’d be okay with that. 😉

OMIB – Okay, they are supposed to file any objections to prison location AFTER the BOP makes their recommendation, or they could have asked the BOP or the DOJ where they were leaning, etc. not demand in advance a specific location. SO again the biggest NO-NO was not the prison location, but as my Fed-Friend said this morning, it was them asking for her to spend most of her sentence in a halfway house, not Prison, he told me that’s a really a bad thing to do at this stage. And you know what, that’s exactly what the DOJ said as well, spent a whole page doing so, and like I said, their response to the prison location was basically we don’t object to the Farm prison but the BOP hasn’t even made their decision yet. They said that ALL of this was WAY too early to be requested or demanded. If they wanted mercy or the halfway house yes, they should have had their attorneys request it in court, I bet Judge Salas would have loved that, she would have said NO. And since the Judge didn’t recommend this in her Judgment, I have the Judgements now as well, just downloaded them, the DOJ stated they shouldn’t even be asking before she is even in Prison.

so basically they jumped the gun on this and should have waited to file it after they knew where she was going? Is that what they’re saying. Why wouldn’t an atty know that?

Mrs P,, attorneys like their names in light too! This attorney started her own firm about 6 months ago and this is free publicity, maybe that’s why, who knows though. It states she is an attorney with Federal experience, then she should have known what the DOJ would have responded with concerning her letter. Crap, my Fed-Friend knew not to do this, and that was before the response by the DOJ. That Wendy Feldman knew what the response would be too. Crap I am not an attorney and after reading the judgement and seeing the Judge’s responses in court I wouldn’t want to piss off that judge either.
            In addition, the attorney should know Judge Salas, if you work the Federal Courts you know the judges and would know that her response to this wouldn’t be favorable, especially given her judgement and her court response during sentencing

Thks T-Rex. Do we owe you a salary? 😉

• OneMoreInBoston says:

man- she gets a raise and a promotion for explaining this mess to me without any hype

Thanks, I know I am biased, but I am trying to just give the facts and Exit is helpful in getting lots of links to the documents as well, but not trying to give anything other than that. I would do that with any of the Ho-wives were they in this situation, even if I liked them.

do you and Exit have legal training? I’m just wondering because you both seem to know a lot about where to find this information and how to read and understand this.

None. Minus a few CJ electives in college. Lol. I just read a lot, I enjoy legal cases etc-so I try to learn/comprehend on my own. The nuns drilled that into me. Or I ask someone who’s smarter! Im not really a trial follower though.

I have to research documents, especially bankruptcy for my job. My cousin is a lawyer I sometimes can bounce stuff off of her, but she hates the Ho-wives stuff and Reality shows almost completely. My source on the Federal stuff is my friend that works for the government, he kind of steers me in the right direction. He doesn’t tell me things outright, typical Fed, I kind of say is it A), B) or C), when I send him things, he will not answer anything thing directly.

• Cartwheels says:

Teresa will jump from lawyer to lawyer until she finds someone who can promise her that she won’t spend time in jail. The lawyers at this time are just making money off of her, she needs to accept the reality of her situation , considering the huge amount they fraudently obatin I really think is a slap in the wrist.

Cart- IF she’s smart she won’t send any more missives to the courts until at least she finds out the prison location. That DOJ response was pretty matter of fact that they shouldn’t even be filing this nonsense now. Ms. Feldman was pretty spot on with her comments this morning, she was right, the courts do not take kindly to this type of letter sent out. I don’t like Ms. Feldman, but if my client did something stupid like this without my knowledge, that I clearly said she shouldn’t, and to wait and she did it anyway, I would fire my client as well!

maybe Teresa had already moved on from her but just didn’t tell her that her services were no longer being used. Kind of crappy but no one said Teresa was smart.

Wendy Feldman is worried about one person and that person is Wendy Feldman-I have never seen someone act so unprofessionally in my life…she needs a crisis manager STAT!!!

Oh look I despise Wendy Feldman, she is a nasty piece of work, but I could see why she fired them, but then you don’t go running off to the nearest tabloid with the biggest check to run your clients into the ground either. Again, she is a convicted felon herself, so they got what they paid for, ugh!! I don’t know why they hired her, she had said nasty things about them before they hired her.

I don’t agree her term of firing-she was hired so if she is no longer with Teresa she quit-Teresa May have fired HER but Wendy the convict didn’t fire anyone…such silliness from her I CANT!!!

• OneMoreInBoston says:

personally- I think Bravo blurred her face on purpose as not to give her any credibility in her new “profession” and she’s pissed off

I got ya! I “fire” clients, I never say Quit, so that’s why I guess I got what she was saying, LOL

Either the client fires you, or you quit! You don’t fire the person who hires you! Lol

Imagine someone walking into their bosses office and saying “you’re fired” instead of “I quit”….I guess that’s what this dingbat Feldman did…the jerk store is calling for her!!

I’m sitting here wat Hyacinth Bucket. 🙂

It’s bouquet 😉

LOL. 🙂

• 2Stupid says:

Well I, am probably Daisy of that bunch! Her husband has always been my favorite. I like when he gets Richard alone and they are up to no good. One of my all time favorite shows next to Abfab. I guess I have a hankering for British comedies. I used to like Are You Being Served too!

Yes. I watched an 2012 epi of Ab Fab Saturday on Logo. I had never seen it. It was the Olympics and Eddie rented her house to Michael Douglas. When it was time for him to arrive the doorbell rings but guess who it is? Her ex-husband, her son’s father and his wife. LOL. He got the trip from MD. Haha. It was soooo funny. Eddie and Patsy wanted to party w/ the party Nan, lady’s man MD and hit all the clubs. Eddie didn’t want to be “old” and not w/it and no longer a clubby. Safi told her and Patsy it’s the Olympics. Go have fun. Eddie was like it’s the Olympics. It’s been the Olympics for yrs now. Will they have it. Won’t they have it. It was funny 🙂

• Barb (Just wondering in Jersey) says:

I’m a fan of the British comedies too. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen As Time Goes By. It never gets old. Hyacinth has gotten on my nerves lately so I give it a pass.

I DVR As time goes by, Keeping up with appearances, May to December, Are you Being Served. I used to Last of the Summer Wine and many others that aren’t currently on. I sometimes watch The Vicar of Dibley, Black Adder, Ballykissangel, Doc Martin, Fawlty Towers, Waiting for God, some others. I watch a British soap Eastenders. I used to watch a show w/Catherine Zeta Jones too. I love British tv.

Onslow likes to corrupt poor Richard. Daisy going after The Vicar is pure comedy. Patricia Rutledge died this Spring I believe. Love that show.

• SoutheastVA says:

As in “Keeping Up Appearances” Hyacinth Bucket?

• jezzibel says:

Bucket Residence, lady of the house speaking!!

Here ya go peeps. Check this out. Another possible return? 😵 😏 &http://www.people.com/article/taylor-armstrong-real-housewives-husband-suicide

OMG – PUH_LEEZE! Healthy relationship, my ass, you stole a husband that was married with children because you were broke and this idiot bought your BS. That lovely lady, asked her husband to help you cause she felt sorry for you and you repay that by stealing the man. Yeah I know, two way street, he’s just as culpable, he is. That guy never had a hooker(allegedly) before, so I am sure that tickled his fancy. This relationship is still new, what until that new car smell, wears thin. I am sure we will be hearing about how he treated her badly very soon in the future. Thankfully she only filmed a “little”.

Anyone interested in the Jodi Arias penalty trial here’s a pic via Nancy Grace on Twitter tweeting about the trial since there are no tv camerasallowed.
    &https://twitter.com/NancyGraceHLN/status/524634454334377984

15. OneMoreInBoston says:

thnx T-Rex- you rock the party that is the par-tay

• cusi77 says:

According to Wendy Williams ( I have just heard) Wendy Feldman person is an ex convict herself. She served 16 months ( I am not sure if 16 or 18 months) in Federal Prison for FRAUD an Wire transfer. Her expertise is not from Harvard but from being a thief herself. Let’s go to college. Hehe

16. cusi77 says:

The information about Wendy Feldman’s was written by Radar Online (January 2014) She served 27 months for pocketing more than 4 Million Dollars. I am sorry I don’t know how to share the link!

The Feds response to the letter was pretty simple. I’ll post it at the bottom, but wrote about it in case it doesn’t pull up.

Everyone was fine with clarifying her being sent to a camp. That was always the intention, there’s must have been a wording issue in the judgement. There was no mention of any demand of a particular place. The BOP already has guidelines that keep you within 500 miles from home and only 2 apply to her. Connecticut and West Virginia. Everyone is already aware, Connecticut would be choice 1-but if there’s no space, she goes to choice 2. Martha Stewart was in the same situation and had the same preference. The whole demanding a location is a non-issue. Tabloid drama.

Halfway house-the end of the letter explains it. She is automatically eligible under the second chance act, to be considered to serve part of her sentence in a halfway house. The maximum amount of time you’re allowed to serve in this capacity is 12 months. They take a bunch of factors into consideration when they decide how long it will be-if at all. It’s just a consideration.

Her lawyer was asking them to claify that she could or would receive the maximum 12 months in a halfway house under the Act. The government said no. That they weren’t asking for clarification, but a change to her sentence. Jail was clearly recommended and will happen. The halfway house issue was never raised at sentencing, by anyone. It’s not even a part of the judgment. But like I said above, it’s an automatic consideration anyway.

They also pointed out that her filing went past the designated time (maybe a day) they had to find any errors in the judgment which can be corrected or clarified. There weren’t any errors anyway. Non issue. It’s all much ado about nothing. She (and us) have a right to review judgments and make sure there are no issues or mistakes. And to ask for clarifications and adjustments.

Exit, can you send me an email I will send you the Judgements, they are pretty interesting as to what has been reported and what the judge actually stated needed to be done in addition to their prison time.

Also the Judge has to sign off on any Halfway house considerations, I read the statute that the BOP can offer the consideration but it’s up to the judge for the Final Decision I believe

I’m not sure-I think it’s all in the prison people’s hands how it’s laid out. They don’t have to offer it if she won’t benefit, but they have to consider it. Im sure the judge can say no-but she knows the consideration is there already. It applies to white collar non violent crime. Did you see the footnote with the behavior credits and the 10% house arrest? How do I send an email through the blog? Click your name?

I read the statute the Judge has to agree, no matter what. I will say that based upon what was said by the DOJ and my Fed-Friend she is NOT going to see a halfway house, she will spend her time in Prison in it’s entirety. Veena has my email and I allow her to give it to you!

Thanks! I’ll have to figure out with her how to get in touch because I don’t use my real one on here. But Ill change it as long as it doesn’t show up publicly! I trust her! I’d love to read the whole thing. I dont see her ending up in halfway unless it’s maybe the final month. The politicians that are always winding up in prison here (lol) usually do the final month or two in one.

Ahhh ,here is the rub, she is going to have to PROVE to the courts that she is worthy, i.e., paying back her debts, restitution, etc. If they don’t pay a dime of restitution while in prison, no way she is getting out. IF they sell their home and use NONE of it for restitution that will be the turning point, but the judge gave her the term she did for a reason. She wants her to be in Jail for Christmas next year, she wants her to GET what she did. As long as they keep doing interviews that they did nothing wrong, she didn’t understand, she isn’t a part of this, her lawyers sucked, while they are searching for another million dollar home to live in, her butt will sit there for the duration! Their best advice would be sell their homes, move into a home for about 500K, use monies to setup a college fund for their kids, pay back creditors, etc. THEN once out of jail and making money again to spend as they want. This is something my FedFriend suggested.

I want a FEDFRIEND™

She can’t make them pay unsecured debt like credit cards and professional services etc. here in NJ they have to come after you. They’ve got 5 years-sometimes less. They have to force a judgment-if they even bother and some will not. Debt isn’t a crime. I know some people they owed money too have an attorney (it’s in the paperwork) and after the governments cut of the house sales-they will get a portion. Once that dropped that bankruptcy in 2011-their creditors have already taken steps. They’d have to. If anyone has a judgement already and I’m sure they do-they may be paying. The civil court enforces that. I WISH I knew someone who could run their credit report. I’m surprised one hasn’t turned up yet!

OOoo that would be awesome to see the credit report. They use so much CASH in their lives though, but still would be great to see. In the judgement it’s clear that they hide their income and expenses behind this wall of CASH. Again, it’s why they do this so that the IRS can’t figure out what income they are actually receiving, that probably is one of the issues that pissed off the judge, since she made it clear in the judgement that they are to keep an accounting of ALL income, including cash. That they aren’t to mix their business monies with their personal monies without some sort of accounting. Yeah right, they lied about their personal property to an accountant while he was in THEIR home, like they are going to all of sudden start accounting for their cash. This will be one of the reasons she won’t get the Halfway house stuff, they have to abide by EVERY rule the judge set forth, if she doesn’t she can sit her happy ass for the entire 13 months in Prison(I say 13 because that’s what she will actually serve)

Removed by Veena

The squeaky wheel gets the oil. All has “gone away” for TT”

20. TexasTart ran this blog and helped me tremendously with my blog and mistakes I made and was always there for me. I don’t understand where all this anger is coming from. Lulu is the one that took down your pictures Boston not TT. Then Lulu left and Jan stepped up. And then Jeff couldn’t help anymore and Jan did it all by herself. And it is NOT an easy job to do. I don’t like this and I think this needs to be kept off the blog, IPPHO.

I agree with PPHO. Tartsy has kept things running here for us and I don’t know what the hell happened behind the scene but I’m grateful that Tarsty stepped up when others couldn’t .

• boston02127 says:

Removed by Veena

• Trashy T says:

I don’t comment all that often but I want to express my sincere appreciation and admiration for everyone who has contributed to this blog for so long, especially keeping it going since we lost our Lynn. I’m old enough to forget a lot of names so I’m not going to try except to really thank Jan for taking over in Veena and Jeff’s absence from the scene. With the amount of posts and other business concerned with running the blog, a message could have been overlooked unintentionally. Unintentionally. Unintentionally. Life is too short. Thank you all. Welcome back Veena, glad to see your posts Mel, and big thanks again to Jan and everyone who contributes.

21. OneMoreInBoston says:

err…feel like I’m not quite sure what is going on here.

always tardy to the party

I’ve removed Boston’s posts. I think a little breathing space is needed. I respect and care for both Boston and TT, but there are things that just shouldn’t be aired out on an open blog. It’s clear to me that we’re seeing this from different perspectives. I’m just asking that it stop.

On a lighter note, twitter is so funny. I’ve got people arguing (and tagging me) all day about who is the bigger leak – Jaq or Danielle – through DMs. That’s like asking what is wetter -the ocean or a lake.

It’s jac-hands down. She sucks you in, gains your trust and then gives it too you right in the pooper when you piss her off. Danielle is smarmy and obviously can’t suck people in as much. Whatever jac told her was because she liked the power trip of knowing things. You can read a Danielle pretty easily. At least I can. They walk among us. Jac just stuns you and by the time it happens it’s too late!

24. Rebecca can't understand why people don't appreciate the importance of dragons. says:

Not every Ho-wife from across the land is excited to see Betheny back….

The favorite star is from Cat.

25. cdnfillie58 says:

Wish Cat would move to New York … She would do a better job of bringing back that franchise than Bethany would IMHO. 🙂

• Veena (NMD) says:

Didn’t she almost join – I thought there was some sort of thing between Cat and LuAnn during a WWHL where she skewered her.

• cdnfillie58 says:

Second thought .. Cat AND Bethany……….how big would that be ::::: sweet :::::::

• I Need A Life! says:

Must have been such a slow news day. I couldn’t believe that the Bethenny story was featured in the Chicago Tribune. I just don’t get the excitement. She’s a snooze with an awful voice. Clearly there’s a new show she’s going to try to pitch. Wasn’t there a talk show in the works? A round table morning mix like, “The View,” with Housewives?
        There’s nothing to get me excited about NY.

It wd be great to see Cat in NY

As for Beth, this should be interesting. Wasn’t there some real ill feelings expressed from Carole to Bethenny not too long ago with Carole calling B an idiot? It had to do with the book nonsense.

Watching The People’s Couch. They showed a snippet of NJ reunion. What? It hasn’t aired yet so I don’t get that. 😱

27. T-Rex says:

SO, I finally decided to peruse the article that quotes the Drunken-Delusional-GreyGardens-Sonja’s reaction to B’s return. After the whole “she gets me” crap, which I hope means friction between the two as B explains to Drunken-Delusional-GreyGardens-Sonja that she lives in Fantasyland and to actually DO something with her life, not just throw out ideas that never go anywhere! The other note that jumped out, was that Drunken-Delusional-GreyGardens-Sonja explains that B, like her, made something of herself from nothing! HOLD THE PHONE! WTF! Uhm, Drunken-Delusional-GreyGardens-Sonja you had virtually NOTHING until you married one Mr. Morgan, who gave you a HUGE(yes it was HUGE I have seen the papers, she had to admit in the courts it was extremely generous) settlement, a 9 million dollar apartment, a Villa in France that you let deteriorate that was sold due to your bankruptcy, and half interest in a Colorado property that has been returned to her husband due to her inability to help with even 100 towards the mortgage payments. She squandered her settlement on these idiotic notions that she was going to be a movie producer, she invested as one, of several, producers in a movie that goes down in history as one of the lowest grossing movies of all time, at less than $100.00~ Then she tried to produce another movie, but LIED to investors that Mr. Morgan’s companies would also help in backing the film, maybe in her mind Mr. Morgan would bail her out, but the judge clearly sided with the Fraud and lying and awarded folks 11 million dollars, of the 50 million dollars they originally sued for. Yeah, you are SO like B, not!!! I guess they have the whole divorced with a child angle, that I will give her.